Medium Undead (Evil)
HD 5d12 (30 hp)
Speed 15 ft. (3 squares)
Init: +1
AC 11; touch 9; flat-footed 11
(-1 dex, +2 natural armor)
BAB +2; Grp +9
Attack Bite +5 (grapple)(1d6, /x2 + 3)
Full-Attack Bite +5 (grapple) (1d6, /x2 +3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Paralyzing scream
Special Qualities: Undead Traits
DR 10/slashing or good
Saves Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2
Abilities Str 15, Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 16
Feats Improved Grapple
Environment None
Organization Solitary or Mob (2d4)
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure None
Alignment Always Evil
A Redead appears to be the animated corpse of a human and is often mistaken for a zombie. A Redead is not an animated corpse, however; It is an evil creature created from pure hatred and magical energy. Redeads use their paralyzing scream to halt enemies before grappling and biting them to death. Redeads are very slow and rely on their natural armor and damage reduction to protect them.
Paralyzing scream:A Redead can loose a terrifying shriek that paralyzes living creatures for 1 round if they fail a DC 15 (1/2 HD+CHA) will save. This is a fear effect that affects those in a 30 foot radius.

Stalfos
Medium Undead (Evil)
HD 3d12 (18)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares);
Init: +3
AC 15; touch 13; flat-footed 12
(+2 heavy wooden sheild, +3 Dex)
BAB +1; Grp +4
Attack Scimitar +4 (melee) (1d6, 18-20/x2 + 3)
Full-Attack Scimitar +4 (melee) (1d6, 18-20/x2 +3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Qualities: Undead traits
Reassemble
DR 5/bludgeoning or good
Saves Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +1
Abilities Str 16, Dex 15, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 10
Feats Power attack, Cleave
Environment None
Organization Solitary, Pairs, or Mobs (2d4)
Challenge Rating 3
Alignment Always Evil

Stalfos appear to to be human skeletons and are often mistaken as such. Stalfos and skeletons are very similar but a Stalfos is not created in the same way a skeleton is and is able to reform after being destroyed. Stalfos are created from pure hatred and magical energy just as Redeads are.

Reassemble: Once a Stalfos reaches 0 hitpoints, it collapses but is not destroyed. The body of the Stalfos reassembles itself at full hitpoints after 3 rounds. During this time the head of the Stalfos will attempt to escape or stall until it's body reforms. The head gains AC 17 (+3 Dex +4 size) and loses it's DR. The head has 6 hp and a speed of 15. The head cannot attack (not even bite).

Octoroc
Small Animal
HD 2d10 (10 hp)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Init: +3
AC 13; touch 13; flat-footed 10
(+3 Dex )
BAB +1; Grp +0
Attack Spit Rock +4 (ranged) (1d6, 19-20/x2 + 0)
Full-Attack Spit Rock +4 (ranged) (1d6, 19-20/x2 +0)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Qualities Low-light vision
Saves Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +0
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 1, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills spot +1, listen +1
Feats point blank shot
Environment Forests
Organization group (3-8)
Challenge Rating 1
TreasureNone
Alignment Always neutral

Octorocs are small animals that spit rocks at potential prey. The rocks deal 1d6 damage and have a range increment of 60 feet. Octorocs are aggressive and have been known to fire rocks in random directions when they think they are alone.

Items:
Mirror Shield
This heavy shield appears to be made of a well polished, highly reflective steel. When targeted by a spell that includes a ranged touch attack, the shield's bonus is included in the wielder's armor class. If the spell misses due to this bonus, the wielder may reflect the spell back at the caster with a ranged touch attack at a -4 penalty.
Strong abjuration; CL 13 Spell Turning. Price: 273,000gp

Iron Boots
These otherwise normal boots appear to be nonmagical, but when the command word is spoken they become pure iron and multiply the user's weight by 8. Once activated the user is treated as one size category larger for all effects that attempt to move him (bull rush, trip, wind, etc.). The user may move up to half speed if he succeeds on a DC 15 strength check. The user cannot fly, climb, or swim with the boots on though he may walk on the bottom of a body of water provided he can breathe underwater.
Faint transmutation; CL1 Enlarge Person. Price:1,800gp

Hookshot
This nonmagical device shoots a chain up to 30 feet in length that attaches to walls and other surfaces and draws the user toward them in a straight line. The hookshot must do enough damage to bypass hardness in order to attach to a surface; It is commonly made of adamatine for this reason. If used as a weapon, the hookshot deals 1d8 piercing damage and draws the lighter creature toward the heavier one. The lighter creature provokes attacks of opportunity from any creature it passes, excluding the heavier creature it is being drawn to.
Adamantine hookshot:3100gp
Steel hookshot:100gp

Master Sword
This sword appears to be a brightly glowing longsword. The Master Sword adjusts it's size to fit it's wielder but retains damage as a medium longsword. The Master Sword has a +5 enhancement bonus and has the Holy and Ghost touch special abilities. The Master Sword can launch a bolt of force as a ranged touch attack that deals 1d6+5 damage if the wielder is at full hitpoints; The Holy enhancement is added to this damage. The wielder of the Master Sword can also make a Smite Evil attack as a 20th level Paladin 5 times per day. If an evil creature attempts to wield the Master Sword, it gains four negative levels and is dealt the blade's maximum damage (45) each round. If a neutral creature attempts to wield the Master Sword, it gains two negative levels.
This is a major artifact.

Spells:

Din's Fire
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Clr 4, Pal 3
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 Standard action
Area: 20 foot burst centered on you
Duration:Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half
Spell Resistance:Yes

This spell causes divine fire to burst from your body, dealing 1d6 damage/level to any enemies nearby. The fire does not harm you or your equipment. Half of the damage is fire damage while the other half is divine magic and is not subject to fire resistance or immunity.

Nayru's love
Abjuration [Force]
Level: Clr 6, Pal 4
Casting Time: 1 Standard action
Range: personal
Target:you
Duration:1 round/level
Saving Throw:none
Spell Resistance:no

This spell causes a blue crystal shaped force that moves with you to spring into existence. As long as this spell is active, you gain DR 10/adamantine and SR 10. You are still able to attack from inside the crystal.

Forore's wind
Conjuration (teleportation)
Level: Clr 6
Casting Time: Full round action
Range: Unlimited
Target:1 square
Duration:Permanent until discharged
Saving Throw:none
Spell Resistance:no
This spell allows you to choose one square that you may teleport to by finishing the spell. Once you teleport to that square, you cannot teleport to it again unless you cast this spell and choose it again.

Races:
Gorons
+4 strength, -2 charisma, -2 dexterity
Medium: As medium creatures, Gorons have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
Goron base land speed is 20 feet. Gorons cannot swim but do not need to breathe underwater.
Gorons have low light vision.
Gorons have fire resistance 5 and DR 2/magic
Weapon proficiency: Gorons are proficient with their natural weapons. Base unarmed strike damage is 1d6 /x2.
Stability: Gorons gains a +4 on ability checks to resist being bull-rushed or tripped as long as they are standing on the ground.
+4 racial bonus on grapple checks
Defensive curl: Gorons are able to curl their bodies into a defensive position. While in this position, Gorons gain a +2 armor bonus but are unable to attack except for a charge. If a Goron charges in the defensive curl, it must make an unarmed attack at a -2 penalty that deals 1d6 +1 damage per 20 feet moved.
Automatic languages: Common and Hylian. Hylian uses the Common alphabet.
Favored class: Fighter
Level Adjustment: +1

Zora
+4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution
Medium: As medium creatures, Zoras have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
Zora base land speed is 30 feet. Zoras have a swim speed of 40 feet and can breathe underwater and on land
Zora's have low light vision
Weapon Proficiency: Zora's have proficiency with longspears and shortspears.
Skills: +8 racial bonus on swim checks and can take 10 in situations that others cannot
Automatic languages: Common and Hylian
Favored class: Any
Level Adjustment: +1

So, what do you think? Any suggestions are welcome.

Sir Conkey
2008-02-06, 09:50 PM
Shouldn't a stalfos be sronger than a redead? And don't forget that if somebody wears a scary mask redead instinctivly dance wildly. Ah Majoras mask and the dancing undead.

hylian chozo
2008-02-06, 10:11 PM
Spells added.
I don't think Stalfos are stronger than Redeads. In fact, Redead are harder to kill (re-kill) and Stalfos are harder to keep dead.

Hmmm. A Redead mask might be a fun item if it works on other undead :smallbiggrin: I'll work on it.

Mewtarthio
2008-02-07, 12:18 AM
Shouldn't a stalfos be sronger than a redead? And don't forget that if somebody wears a scary mask redead instinctivly dance wildly. Ah Majoras mask and the dancing undead.

Technically, that's only because the Redeads in Ikana Valley used to be entertainers at King Igos du Ikana's court. All the masks that make them dance are capable of reminding them of their past lives (note that it doesn't work on Gibdos converted into Redead, since they were originally people who passed on with unfulfilled regrets... that apparently involve acquiring very specific items). MM Redead are subtly different from the other LoZ Redead in that sense.

Zenos
2008-02-07, 03:12 AM
That Nayru's love thing seems a bit powerful. You get to be invulnerable for one round per caster level and can still attack from inside it.

Sulfura_Occulta
2008-02-07, 03:24 AM
perhaps Nyru's love should grant damage reduction and/or spell resistance instead?

if a Stalfos can reform, how can it be killed? destroy the head? how much hp does the head have? what if the head runs away (you say it tries to escape, whats its speed?) will the body still reform at all or will it be headless?

Fizban
2008-02-07, 03:39 AM
Mirror Shield: I like the implementation, but no one's ever going to pay that much for it. Don't ask me either, I got nothin.

Iron Boots: Interesting idea. All purposes covers a few things that don't make sense, like being swallowed whole. I'd say something like "is treated as one size category larger when forced to move by something else. This includes checks to stop being bull rushed, tripped, and fortitude saves against wind effects."

Hookshot: The thing about the hookshot is that it always pulls you in a straight line. Anyone can get an adamantine grappling crossbow, but it's not going to keep you from swinging into the wall. The pulling mechanic needs to be stated as well; it could be done a few different ways depending on how powerful you want the hookshot to be, how magical, and how "realistic".

Zenos
2008-02-07, 03:43 AM
Mirror Shield: I like the implementation, but no one's ever going to pay that much for it. Don't ask me either, I got nothin.

Iron Boots: Interesting idea. All purposes covers a few things that don't make sense, like being swallowed whole. I'd say something like "is treated as one size category larger when forced to move by something else. This includes checks to stop being bull rushed, tripped, and fortitude saves against wind effects."

Hookshot: The thing about the hookshot is that it always pulls you in a straight line. Anyone can get an adamantine grappling crossbow, but it's not going to keep you from swinging into the wall. The pulling mechanic needs to be stated as well; it could be done a few different ways depending on how powerful you want the hookshot to be, how magical, and how "realistic".

And of course the boots can't be used to give grapple bonuses "Hey! I am good at sitting on you because my boots are heavy."

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-07, 06:21 AM
How could you miss out the Octorocs?

Sir Conkey
2008-02-07, 10:58 AM
Don't forget the stalfos honour thing. Stalfos never team up and will only fight one on one.

hylian chozo
2008-02-07, 11:04 AM
Stalfos head HP added.
Hookshot mechanics clarified.
Iron Boots fixed.

I'm still not sure how to work Nayru's love. In the games you are protected from all attacks and can still attack. DR just doesn't match the fluff for it; good idea though.

Anyone have a suggestion for a mirror shield price? By RAW, that's how much it should cost.

Zenos
2008-02-07, 11:10 AM
Stalfos head HP added.
Hookshot mechanics clarified.
Iron Boots fixed.

I'm still not sure how to work Nayru's love. In the games you are protected from all attacks and can still attack. DR just doesn't match the fluff for it; good idea though.

Anyone have a suggestion for a mirror shield price? By RAW, that's how much it should cost.

About Nayru's love, just make it higher level, six for paladins, and seven for clerics maybe?

hylian chozo
2008-02-07, 11:30 AM
Paladins only have four spell levels... that's the maximum, unfortunately. If I raise the level any more then Paladins don't get it.

Edit: I based it off of resilient sphere and raised the level by one so that you can attack

Zenos
2008-02-07, 11:33 AM
Paladins only have four spell levels... that's the maximum, unfortunately. If I raise the level any more then Paladins don't get it.

Okay, paladin 4, cleric 7.

hylian chozo
2008-02-07, 03:04 PM
Octorocs added

Dihan
2008-02-07, 03:30 PM
How about player races?

Specifically the Kokiri, Gerudo, Zora, and Goron. If you want you can always do the Minish, Korok and Rito. I'd just put Hylian as human, though.

hylian chozo
2008-02-07, 03:50 PM
How about player races?

Specifically the Kokiri, Gerudo, Zora, and Goron. If you want you can always do the Minish, Korok and Rito. I'd just put Hylian as human, though.

I'll see what I can do, but I haven't played much Majora's Mask and I'm not too sure of the Goron's and Zora's abilities. The Gerudo are basically human but I think I can give them some bonuses.

Mando Knight
2008-02-07, 08:29 PM
How's about rules for everyone's favorite Hylian weapon, the Master Sword? It should probably have the ability to change lengths when first pulled from its resting place to best suit the wielder's fighting style... TP Link's Master Sword is longer than WW Link's...

Also, I've always thought of Link as a non-caster, who manages to get his hands on artifacts that allow him to cast spells... would his source of Farore's Wind, Din's Fire, and Nayru's Love be from an artifact like maybe the Orcarina of Time?
...just, you know, wondering...

Anyways, the Ocarina itself would be a good artifact to spec out... as well as the TP and OoT Adult Links just before their final confrontation with Ganon...

hylian chozo
2008-02-07, 09:44 PM
Massively powerful Master sword added.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a price on the mirror shield?

Anyway,I feel that the Ocarina of Time is too powerful for any player to have. Seriously, do you have any idea how the power to go back in time can screw up a campaign?

Rigon
2008-02-08, 03:40 AM
I would give an attack penalty for the shield's reflected spells. One wielding a shield should have at least 3/4 bab and spellcasters have less. It means that you get a much greater chance to hit the caster then he gets to hit you. But i remember times when i simply couldn't aim well with the reflected spell (but that was only a problem in those ray of light riddles).
Also some restriction to rays, spheres and bolts would be needed i think.
you can't just reflect anything. that thing was made for elemental(fire+ice) spells and light rays. And it didn't work against that "rotating eye thing's ray".

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-08, 07:01 PM
Oh man, these are awesome.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-02-08, 07:07 PM
Make us a 'SQUADALA! We're off!' spell, and win a cookie.

Also, persistent Nayru's Love: :smallbiggrin:

Fiery Diamond
2008-02-08, 09:27 PM
I like it. I do think you need more detail on the hookshot, though. Also, I don't understand what the poster talking about Stalfos honor was talking about - you fight stalfos two on one in the Forest Temple in OoT.

Add a water octoroc variant. Those are the ones in OoT.

-Fiery Diamond

hylian chozo
2008-02-08, 11:29 PM
Oh man, these are awesome.
Thank you.

Make us a 'SQUADALA! We're off!' spell, and win a cookie.

Also, persistent Nayru's Love:
I'm afraid I missed the reference.

Also, I don't understand what the poster talking about Stalfos honor was talking about - you fight stalfos two on one in the Forest Temple in OoT.

-Fiery Diamond
Try the four in Wind Waker's pit of death. :smallbiggrin:

Trazoi
2008-02-09, 12:00 AM
Are you planning on making playable races as well? If there ever were a true Zelda RPG I'd love to be a Zora or a Deku Scrub.

Edit: Whoops, I see this question has already been asked. Add me in a seconding the idea then!

Hecore
2008-02-09, 12:14 AM
Monsters:
Redead
Medium Undead (Evil)
HD 5d12 (30 hp)
Speed 15 ft. (3 squares)
Init: +1
AC 11; touch 9; flat-footed 11
(-1 dex, +2 natural armor)
BAB +2; Grp +9
Attack Bite +5 (grapple)(1d6, /x2 + 3)
Full-Attack Bite +5 (grapple) (1d6, /x2 +3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Paralyzing scream
Special Qualities: Undead Traits
DR 10/slashing or good
Saves Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +2
Abilities Str 15, Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 16
Feats Improved Grapple
Environment None
Organization Solitary or Mob (2d4)
Challenge Rating 4
Treasure None
Alignment Always Evil
A Redead appears to be the animated corpse of a human and is often mistaken for a zombie. A Redead is not an animated corpse, however; It is an evil creature created from pure hatred and magical energy. Redeads use their paralyzing scream to halt enemies before grappling and biting them to death. Redeads are very slow and rely on their natural armor and damage reduction to protect them.
Paralyzing scream:A Redead can loose a terrifying shriek that paralyzes living creatures for 1 round if they fail a DC 15 will save. This is a fear effect that affects those in a 30 foot radius.

Doesn't this seem just a little bit off? And speaking of iconic items... where's Link's Boomerang?

hylian chozo
2008-02-09, 12:23 AM
Doesn't this seem just a little bit off? And speaking of iconic items... where's Link's Boomerang?

Redeads have 16 charisma for the same reason that Wights (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/wight.htm) have 15 charisma, namely, their save DC's are charisma based. They can't convince you to be their friend, but it's hard to resist effects they produce.:smallbiggrin:

I new I was forgetting something, I'll work on the boomerang.

Edit: I'm not very good at making races (just monsters) and Majora's Mask is the only 3-D Zelda I haven't played. I'll try to get the races out but I can't guarantee they'll be that good.

hylian chozo
2008-02-09, 02:15 PM
Gorons added. I'm not sure if I should make the defensive curl a feat or keep it as a racial ability.

Still looking for suggestions on a price for the mirror shield.

hylian chozo
2008-02-09, 07:40 PM
Zoras added.

Trazoi
2008-02-09, 08:07 PM
Zoras and Gorons - nice! But I'm not sure why the Zoras have a bonus to strength; I don't remember them doing anything particularly strong. And the Gorons don't really have any bonuses or abilities yet regarding that they're basically walking rocks; a massive boost to constitution or a natural damage and/or fire resistance could be added.

hylian chozo
2008-02-09, 08:43 PM
Zora's have a strength bonus because it gives bonuses to swim checks and I can't think of anything else to give them.

Do you Gorons should have natural armor or DR? I think I can give them fire resistance 5.

Trazoi
2008-02-09, 09:11 PM
Zora's have a strength bonus because it gives bonuses to swim checks and I can't think of anything else to give them.
Couldn't you just give them a bonus to swim checks without the strength? I've always thought of the Zora as somewhat like aquatic elves, so the other stats you've given them are appropriate. They've got some pretty serious advantages in water, so I don't think they need a strength boost. I certainly don't think of them as being as strong as Gorons.

Do you Gorons should have natural armor or DR? I think I can give them fire resistance 5.
I'm not sure which fits them best; they seem impervious to most things.

hylian chozo
2008-02-09, 10:56 PM
Removed Zora strength bonus but added dexterity.
Gorons now have fire resistance 5 and DR 2/magic at the cost of movespeed.

Geno9999
2008-02-10, 02:30 PM
Wow, this neat. Now some new ideas;
Heart Container; roll a d8 to add Hp.
Zora Armor; User no longer needs to roll to hold breath for swimming
Goron Armor; add to Heat resist (don't know how much).
What do you think?

Shraik
2008-02-10, 03:05 PM
I think Gorons should have a con bonus and a dex penalty, Otherwise.... thats awesome, just downright awesome.

Zenos
2008-02-10, 03:13 PM
I think Gorons should have a con bonus and a dex penalty, Otherwise.... thats awesome, just downright awesome.

Also, Goron's can't swim.

Rigon
2008-02-10, 04:29 PM
I like it. I do think you need more detail on the hookshot, though. Also, I don't understand what the poster talking about Stalfos honor was talking about - you fight stalfos two on one in the Forest Temple in OoT.

Add a water octoroc variant. Those are the ones in OoT.

-Fiery Diamond

if you target one stalfos then the other stalfos will not attack you. it'll circle around you but it'll not attack.

Mee
2008-02-10, 04:43 PM
*cough* May I point out that the Master sword, isn't a long sword?

Zenos
2008-02-10, 04:45 PM
*cough* May I point out that the Master sword, isn't a long sword?

*cough* What is it then? A San'Greal?

Mee
2008-02-10, 04:48 PM
No, sorry, it's not. It's a hand-and-a-half sword.

Fine, I'll just say it, and I can't get in trouble for it, it's a bastard sword. It's a bit to long in blade and handle for a long sword.
Other then that, this looks great.

Sir Conkey
2008-02-10, 05:07 PM
Also, I don't understand what the poster talking about Stalfos honor was talking about - you fight stalfos two on one in the Forest Temple in OoT.

Rigon got it right. They don't flank. They just wait patiently for their turn to die.

And in Majoras mask a sign next to the hotsprings says "warning to Gorons that can't swim" Does this mean some can??? And in Twilight Princess one is chillin on the bottom of zoras pool, so I don't think they even need to breathe

Mando Knight
2008-02-10, 10:42 PM
No, sorry, it's not. It's a hand-and-a-half sword.

Fine, I'll just say it, and I can't get in trouble for it, it's a bastard sword. It's a bit to long in blade and handle for a long sword.
Other then that, this looks great.

No, it's blade length has changed depending on the Link wielding it. WW Link had it no longer than a longsword, and maybe only a short sword, but in TP, it may have in fact been a bastard sword.

I would stat out the sword so that it automatically assumes the length of sword that the wielder is most comfortable with... and that they have to prove that they have Courage, Strength, and Wisdom before drawing it for the first time.

Parrallathan
2008-02-10, 11:25 PM
I hate to be a killjoy, but someone's already created a Legend of Zelda D20 system.

With a 300 page PDF sourcebook. And very complicated magic system. Hoy.

Can't seem to find the host-link for it, but google it - you can't miss all the reviews about it, or the huge chunk of popularity it got on the WotC forums.

Actually, y'know what? Forget what I said. The one I mentioned above (while I have a copy of the PDF) hasn't been hosted on the internet for a long time due to bandwidth issues or some nonsense. And I figure - if he can't provide the info, then you might as well make your own. People need to get their sources from somewhere!

Ascension
2008-02-10, 11:37 PM
Those Zoras need a level adjustment.

Mando Knight
2008-02-11, 12:36 PM
I've got some ideas building on Geno's...

Goron's Tunic: A Masterwork Chain shirt that adds Fire Resistance 5 as an Extraordinary ability to the wearer.

Zora's Tunic: A Masterwork Chain shirt that gives the wearer a +8 bonus to Swim (does not stack with racial bonuses) and allows the wearer to breathe underwater as a Supernatural ability. The armor also does not apply its armor check penalty (-1) to Swim.

(TP) Magic Armor: Masterwork Half Plate that allows the user to ignore the normal penalties associated with Half Plate so long as he has 1 gp left in his inventory, and also grants damage reduction up to the amount of gp he currently possesses. The armor uses 1 gp per round to continue this effect, and further uses 1 gp per point of damage absorbed through its damage reduction. These effects are Spell-Like abilities.

Raging_Pacifist
2008-02-11, 05:21 PM
Yeah you need to tweak Nayru's love. Way to overpowered. Maybe DR, SR, and the such.

hylian chozo
2008-02-11, 07:56 PM
Ok, Gorons and Zoras now have a +1 level adjustment, the Master Sword resizes to fit the wielder and Nayru's Love grants DR and SR. I will get the the Zora and Goron tunics out as soon as I figure out a price. Speaking of which, does anyone have a suggestion for a price on the mirror shield? Also, I'm not sure about a mechanic for the boomerang, any ideas?

(TP) Magic Armor: Masterwork Half Plate that allows the user to ignore the normal penalties associated with Half Plate so long as he has 1 gp left in his inventory, and also grants damage reduction up to the amount of gp he currently possesses. The armor uses 1 gp per round to continue this effect, and further uses 1 gp per point of damage absorbed through its damage reduction. These effects are Spell-Like abilities.
It's good, but gp in D&D is much more valuable than rupees are in Legend of Zelda. Besides, if you're rich enough, you can defeat any enemy as long they aren't casting save-or-die spells;and if you use this armor, they WILL.

Mee
2008-02-11, 08:12 PM
No, it's blade length has changed depending on the Link wielding it. WW Link had it no longer than a longsword, and maybe only a short sword, but in TP, it may have in fact been a bastard sword.

I would stat out the sword so that it automatically assumes the length of sword that the wielder is most comfortable with... and that they have to prove that they have Courage, Strength, and Wisdom before drawing it for the first time.

True, I was thinking of Oot and TP. Not WW.

Half-blood
2008-02-11, 09:42 PM
I'd put a cap on Din's fire. 1d6/level? if that goes to infinity, than it's obviously more powerful than flame strike, a fifth level cleric spell.

tyckspoon
2008-02-11, 10:17 PM
The Zora doesn't seem worth that LA. Net positive stat, ok.. WotC says that's worth an LA, but it really isn't. An extra point of dex mod is nowhere near as valuable as an entire level of benefits in any decent class. Other than that, their primary benefit is that they're aquatic. That's pretty useful within a Zelda world, because a lot of important and nifty stuff somehow always winds up underwater, but the ability to function underwater is also available fairly cheaply in a Zelda world (500-600 rupees in a world where anybody can fill their purse with half an hour of mowing lawns and pulling weeds?) and I can't justify sticking an LA on that. In the context of normal D&D, it's really situational; the default game isn't geared toward having a lot of adventurers underwater or on large bodies of water where being a natural swimmer would be very useful.

Rayzin
2008-02-11, 10:22 PM
MORE, MORE CONTENT!! are you gonna add more items, monsters, spells, or possible PrC's in?

Ascension
2008-02-11, 11:52 PM
The Zora doesn't seem worth that LA. Net positive stat, ok.. WotC says that's worth an LA, but it really isn't. An extra point of dex mod is nowhere near as valuable as an entire level of benefits in any decent class. Other than that, their primary benefit is that they're aquatic. That's pretty useful within a Zelda world, because a lot of important and nifty stuff somehow always winds up underwater, but the ability to function underwater is also available fairly cheaply in a Zelda world (500-600 rupees in a world where anybody can fill their purse with half an hour of mowing lawns and pulling weeds?) and I can't justify sticking an LA on that. In the context of normal D&D, it's really situational; the default game isn't geared toward having a lot of adventurers underwater or on large bodies of water where being a natural swimmer would be very useful.

The net stat boost or the swim speed either one would be slightly questionable alone, but together there's no doubt that WotC would give it +1. Now, if you think their system is terribly flawed, well, you could very well be right, but still, the precedent is for a level adjustment.

tyckspoon
2008-02-12, 12:10 AM
The net stat boost or the swim speed either one would be slightly questionable alone, but together there's no doubt that WotC would give it +1. Now, if you think their system is terribly flawed, well, you could very well be right, but still, the precedent is for a level adjustment.

That's about right. WotC's official LAs are horribly screwed up and the precedent is wrong. I might put an LA on a high Con or mental bonus, since everybody gets good use out of extra HP or skill points, and any mental attribute score can be transferred directly into power by an appropriate casting class. Dex and Strength, not so much- one extra modifier point one way or another in those scores isn't going to have very much effect later on in the game, beyond saving some points in point-buy. Similarly, I would place an LA for a Burrow or especially for a Fly speed, since those would be immediately useful in almost all standard adventuring conditions. But you could go an entire campaign without encountering a situation where you can make good use of a Swim speed (unless you can epic Bluff your DM to agree that air is a swimmable liquid.) An LA is a horribly harsh penalty for having a high Dex and Swim.

Fiery Diamond
2008-02-12, 07:03 AM
More content is desirable. I'm eagerly awaiting more goodies in this thread. I love it! Legend of Zelda is my favorite game series.

-Fiery Diamond

MorkaisChosen
2008-02-12, 07:17 AM
Awesome. Just finished MM, so I think some Masks would be good...

For example:

Blast Mask
When activated, a 10-foot radius Burst attack (Reflex save, DC15?) causing 3d6 damage. The user also takes this damage, with no save. Price- no idea.

Geno9999
2008-02-12, 01:32 PM
on the mask idea...:smallbiggrin:
Majora's Mask; PC is uncontrollable if wearing this and the game ends in 72 turns. no restart. This can go on for many missions.
Price; nothing, cannot be bought or sold for gp. quest item.

Admiral Squish
2008-02-12, 03:04 PM
Awesome. Just finished MM, so I think some Masks would be good...

For example:

Blast Mask
When activated, a 10-foot radius Burst attack (Reflex save, DC15?) causing 3d6 damage. The user also takes this damage, with no save. Price- no idea.

You can stop the damage with your shield, for some reason. Fortitude save for half, maybe? Also, make it recharge over 1d8 rounds.

Drider
2008-04-27, 08:42 PM
You can stop the damage with your shield, for some reason. Fortitude save for half, maybe? Also, make it recharge over 1d8 rounds.

Alot of people consider that a bug. Holding a shield to your face should make it only damage you+behind you, AND be more concentrated...if it did'nt damage the shield(which i don't think alot of people like going into).

Lappy9000
2008-04-27, 09:14 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but I wanna play a Deku Scrub :smallbiggrin:

They were pretty much only in Majora's Mask (as a race) but they got plenty of fluff there.

I'll totally be willing to write one up once I finish that history paper I'm supposed to be writing :smallamused:

Mewtarthio
2008-04-27, 11:41 PM
Let's not forget the Poes. For the OoT-style Poes, that disappear when you attempt to Z-target them (explained in-game as "they vanish when you look straight at them") should probably just have a gaze attack that creates a cloud mind effect for, say, 1d4 rounds (it's not really a "gaze" attack, but it'd have the same countermeasures). Oddly enough, they don't appear to be incorporeal.

The spells need some cleaning up. The SR on Naryu's Love is pretty much useless, since by the time you're able to cast sixth-level spells, anything you fight will be able to bypass SR 10 without even rolling. Farore's Wind (which was misspelled, by the way--not to nitpick, but the goddesses deserve respect, even if they did leave all their power just lying around for Ganon to grab) is also ambiguously-worded: You should specify that the square you target is the one you're standing on when you cast the spell.

Xeios
2008-04-28, 12:59 AM
Blue Boomerang

The Blue Boomerang is a very strategic weapon choice for the up-and-coming hero.
Damage: 1d4 +1
Range: 15ft
Speed: 15ft per round (It can travel up to a Maximum of 15 ft per round.)
Special: When the Boomerang hits a target, they must make a reflex save(DC 10+(1/2 Character Level) + Dex Mod) or be stunned for one full round(able to recover at the "end" of their next round.)

Red Boomerang

By throwing the Blue Boomerang into a Faerie's Pool, hidden under a Waterfall, the Boomerang becomes Red, and more powerful.
Damage: 1d8 +Half character level.
Range: 30ft
Speed: 30ft per round(It can travel up to a maximum of 30 ft per round.)
Special: When the Boomerang hits a target, they must make a reflex save(DC 10+(1/2 Character Level) + Dex Mod) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds (able to recover at the "end" of the number round they roll.)
Also, the Red boomerang has piercing, meaning it will hit a target, and continue on it's path.
NOTE: All boomerangs return to the owner as quickly and efficiently as it can.

Goblin Music
2008-04-28, 08:11 AM
And a Triforce domain would be useful, it is the goddesses' power Link is using