PDA

View Full Version : [Community Project] Überstadt - The City that reinvented the Wheel

Lichtouch
2008-02-07, 02:03 AM
Not sure whether or not this actually belongs here but this is a world that an internet-based community I am a part of is slowly but surely developing. It started off in a thread that was about "reinventing the wheel" in terms of D&D - escaping stereotypes and so on. Instead, we've created a whole new setting.

Right now, it isn't too advanced but the point of it is that it is all about a multiple-layered city, which each layer the size of Great Britain. Over-populated and both steampunk and technological right to the Victorian stage, roles are reversed. Wizards are now common-place and put to work in supplying Überstadt with basic food and drink, as well as keeping it running. Kobolds are the leading nobility, respected and feared for their ancestors. Giants are not creatures of brute strength and stupdity but instead are famous scholars and rely on skill and knowledge in combat. They're also incredibly British.

It needs a lot of work - more than a lot, it's barely started. But what I am hoping for is that a few people could gain interest in this project and perhaps help out. Here's a link (http://uberstadt.wikispaces.com/) for you.

Please, post your thoughts.

Riva
2008-02-07, 05:50 PM
I did some reading on your wiki, I like what I saw. I got a very strong Pratchett vibe, and I'm glad you managed to break away from stereotypical without going completely opposite on everything. Definite changes, feels fresh.

And fetid. But thats mostly the city.

Lichtouch
2008-02-07, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the comment. If you have anything to add to it, go ahead - it's an internet community project, not just something for me. It's for anyone who wants to go with it and quite a lot of people from its origin are interested in it.

Lichtouch
2008-02-09, 05:47 AM
I apologize for bumping this but the Wiki has been building up more and more information over the past few days, so I suggest you check it again.