PDA

View Full Version : Imperian Navy: Battles and Duels

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-07, 11:45 PM
Note, I *didn't* spell Imperial wrong, I meant to say Imperian! (>.>)

Imperian: A place of Battles and duels for the Imperial Navy!!

Old rules... (yuck) Don't read these...
This thread, although similar to the less organized "Imperial Navy:smallwink: " created by the commodore is for people who have gotten sick and tired of having twenty people all try to post at the same time. (This happened for about 4 pages of the other thread.) This thread however, is (mainly for the IN, and enemies or allies of the IN fleet) one person dueling one person, (2 people dueling two is ok, but if even something like 5 are fighting each other, it's just chaos and impossible to follow)

It is pretty much what happens at Amen, people killing each other, but
1. Absolutely No Coffee at all
2. A person cannot just attack people already engaged in combat
3. No godmoding (a little to some extent is tolerated, but excess godmodding can take out all the fun)
4. Have fun
5. This isn't exclusive to LAW members, HALO and AMEN people can use this thread, but only if engaged in combat with someone from law.

*the Sheep looks around intently, then straightens up, "...soo... this is what it's like to be in a thread occupied only by myself..."*

Alright. Due to the fact that half the time, things don't move along here, I'm changing the rules. Instead of this being all random stuff, which would be better suited for the town:

This system will have up to 2 people playing...
The "DM," who will run things, give descriptions, and the like... (as you may see later in this guide thing, they will have the most work to do, and cannot just fall behind and let the players wonder what's happening)
and
The players, who's roles will be determined by the group...

This system will be a turn based one (sort of...) separated into 2* main phases. More like a WW game if you think about it. There will be an Orders phase, a description phase, and a conclusion of the round a ma jigger.

Orders = when the people do things, such as giving orders, organizing people, consulting others. It will last for a maximum time of 24 hours, or will start when the DM notices that all of the orders are in (one can substitute an order with "currently unavailable" or something to keep things running without everyone having to wait for a long time.) (Lasts 0-24 hours)
Description = when the DM gives a description of what happened, how things went, or when they give any updates. (Lasts as long as the DM wants)
Conclusion = Give people some time to formulate plans, or digest what happened. (again, lasts as long as DM wants)

The DM should make things clear. "The Orders Phase has begun, in 24 hours, Description will follow."

not...

"wait... did I say when the orders phase started?"
"dude, you haven't even gotten a group to play with together..."

*It actually doesn't matter how many turns or anything there are. Based on the fact that...

This thread allows almost all of the different types of battles and such, from two people who just want to have a casual RP battle, to a large, organized group deciding that they're bored and want to kill stuff.

This means that the rules are not restricting, if you want to have a duel between an AMENite and someone from HALO or something, you can change the rules a bit to fit your needs, this is simply a general guideline.

Remember the group playing can bend these rules a bit to fit their needs, but otherwise this guideline should be respected!

Gaelbert
2008-02-08, 01:26 AM
((So I suppose my guitar duel with CommodoreFluffy should take place here, no?))

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-08, 06:46 PM
If you want... You can still have duels and stuff in the other one, but this is for people who don't want to have to be the subject of 5 people attacking them, then no one even noticing them...

Pandaren
2008-02-08, 07:06 PM
Just gotta love that new thread smell.....

Free Hand
2008-02-08, 11:25 PM
An invisible hand smacks Leo for saying that then brings The demon Client into the new thread.

Client sneezes when the markers toxins reach is nose.

"What the hell? Of all the childish things, drawing on someone who's deadtimed."

He rubs the acid on his face to get the marker off then wipes his face with a handkerchief.

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-08, 11:40 PM
The Sheep flourishes the gleaming blade, a holy glow seeems to be given off by it. In the blink of an eye, he pulls out a throwing dagger, pours a little holy water on it, and flings it at cat

Free Hand
2008-02-09, 12:15 AM
Client splits down the middle to evade the dagger.

"You want to play this game? fine."

He hefts his enchanted accordion and attempts to tear Sheep's soul to pieces again.

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-09, 12:39 AM
Client straightens up, laughing at the Sheep, and pulls out his accordian, unaware of the *returning/holy* dagger speeds back at him, blade going straight at his neck, the only way to evade this would be to split apart again, but it may be too late for cat even now

Pandaren
2008-02-09, 01:15 PM
"Hey, for a demon he doesn't seem that bad of a guy."

Free Hand
2008-02-10, 12:04 AM
"Urck!"

Client falls on his face. In moments his body begins to dissolve.

The demoness' are standing to one side.

"Maybe we should have stepped in before."

"Yea maybe.."

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-10, 12:15 AM
"Sweet! that's the first time that that has actually worked!" *does victory dance* "waiiittt.... If my knowledge of demons and devils is correct, then all I did was banish him for a hundred years... so in a hundred years, I should look out for angry demons and devils... *adds to notebook*"

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-15, 09:32 PM
Gwyn refrains from pointing the hole in Sheep's logic. He does point out the hole in Sheep's stomach.

Gaelbert
2008-02-15, 09:43 PM
"Dance off! Who's gonna take me?"

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-15, 09:46 PM
Gwen complies, not thinking of how hard it may be to participate in a danceoff while dueling someone else.

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-15, 10:27 PM
"... ow... how come I never notice these kind of things..." *sigh* attempts to stem the blood flow with a heal check, and eats a couple goodberries, even if they are practically useless and casts a healing spell...

Damn, why does everyone do that? chucks knife at Gwen

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-16, 07:40 PM
Gwen get's a knife in the arm, spinning her around and into Gael's arms.

"Erm, this is really awkward."

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-16, 09:24 PM
*awkward silence follows...* "umm... yeah... thats... not really what I intended... Eh, whatever..."

chucks another knife for good measure

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-16, 09:30 PM
The second knife skewers both Gwen's arm and Gael's.

"Did you intend that? Now I'm stuck!"

sheepofoblivion
2008-02-16, 09:32 PM
"I wash aimin for 's shead" (who gets the reference???)
(its hard to say i was aiming for his head in drunk speak if you don't get drunk...)

"umm... uhh... yeah... not cool"

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-16, 09:34 PM
((Well, I know there's a pub near me called the Queenshead, which I always pronounce Queen Shed, but...))

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-04, 08:48 PM
(AH, I finally found it again!!!)

*stabs npc who challenges the Sheep to a duel*

*challenges anyone who is brave enough to face the horrors of Oblivion!!!!!!!!!*

Moff Chumley
2008-03-09, 12:06 PM
Chumley stands on the bridge of his Star Destroyer and tuts. Open fire, captain.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-09, 01:05 PM
the Soo jumps to the side, into a bomb shelter, and radios in his ship, the Star Scorched and prepares for combat... (if you're talking to me...)

Moff Chumley
2008-03-09, 07:55 PM
Chumley has his Interdictor Destroyers take up a flanking position about half an AU from his command ship and has his picket ships split up around each and keeps four fighter carriers grouped around his ship and one supporting the other two ships. The Interdictor Frigates take up advanced positions another half AU from Chumley, and prepare to open fire on any ship they snare.

Mwa.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-09, 08:32 PM
ugh... I thought this said imperia... oh... oops.. typo, also I think I should've...*trails off, mumbling about mistakes in the title...*

Soo jumps into his ship, missles and turrets at the ready. He activates a cloak to avoid the pesky fighters carriers and stuff while he powers up his sheilds and loads the missles...

eh... whatever... His ship is a streak of dark as it flashes across the night sky. The turrets and cannons open fire as the cloak deactivates, while he pilots the small ship expertly, avoiding blaster fire and missles. Release missle volley 1! Engage the fighters and unimportant ships! (you don't really know who he's talking to...)

Moff Chumley
2008-03-11, 05:42 PM
*Happy Dance* Yay for fighters+assault frigates+interdictor wells! Oh well...
Launch all fighters in a defensive position around my ship. Have the predator fighters assault his ship and then return to my ship. All picket ships, assault his ship. Interdictor frigates, hold position.
*Does Thrawn*
Captain, have you ever noticed the similarities between early Pink Floyd and Drama-era Yes?

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-11, 05:56 PM
Soo dodges left and right, up and down, and the new fighters coming at him only increase the number of dodges that he performs. By now his turrets and lasers have cut a large number of the picket ships (if they're small, I don't know how big anything is...) in half, and several missles have found their way into critical areas of other ships.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-11, 08:18 PM
Well, I did ask anyone to tell me if my fleet is to big...
1 Palleon Class Star Destroyer (A bit bigger than your run of the mill one)
2 Interdictor Star Destroyers (A bit smaller than average, with lighter weaponry but gravity wells)
6 Fighter Carriers (72 ships each)
8 Picket Ships (About the size of a blockade runner)
4 Interdictor Frigates (Same size, less weapons, and gravity wells).

In any case, Moar turbolaser sp4m!

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-18, 12:24 AM
ugh... thats a lot... of ship... *dramatic zoom out, showing the trail of destruction the tiny purple ship is wreaking, he is steadily advancing, getting closer and closer to Moff's ship

... Crud... taking some damage, fires off a few multitorpedos, and continues to swerve in and out of the blaster fire.

The turrets fire in multiple directions, purple beams of energy cutting fighters in half, and illuminating the night (space) sky

Moff Chumley
2008-03-21, 01:01 PM
Sir, we have the damage reports: he's destroyed two picket ships and disabled four more, and we are going to have to do extensive repairs to Interdictor Justicar. About 120 starfighters have been destroyed. What should we do sir? We can't hit him at all.
Hmm... I say we... surrender.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-21, 08:58 PM
a voice comes on in the ship of moff "Moff Chumley, do not surrender, I demand a duel, one on one, if you must make repairs or prepare yourself, that is fine, but do not run away... I'll find you" The mysterious voice fades from the ship, and the small, destruction wreaking ship cloaks, flying around the larger ship, waiting for a response

Moff Chumley
2008-03-22, 11:43 AM
a voice comes on in the ship of moff "Moff Chumley, do not surrender, I demand a duel, one on one, if you must make repairs or prepare yourself, that is fine, but do not run away... I'll find you" The mysterious voice fades from the ship, and the small, destruction wreaking ship cloaks, flying around the larger ship, waiting for a response

Captain, move my ship into tractor beam range. Conduct analysis of the enemy ship, and prepare to bring him on board. Duty Sergeant Rackham, bring me the case I entrusted you with.

Over Sheep's ships comms, the message, "Prepare to be brought aboard Star Destroyer Palleon's Revenge. You may repair your ship here and prepare for combat."

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-22, 02:56 PM
My ship repairs itself, but only when out of combat. I will be armed only with my swords and daggers, do not try to overpower me.

and the transmission ends.

The ship is brought aboard the palleons revenge, and the Sheep calmly hops out of the canopy

Moff Chumley
2008-03-23, 11:23 AM
Chumley, a Zebrak wearing the blue uniform of an Imperial Admiral with the decorations belonging to officers who served under Grand Admiral Thrawn, opens the briefcase his Duty Sergeant handed him and removes a small stick about fifty centemeters long. He tosses it in his hand and wait for the sheep to prepare itself. Three guesses on what it is!

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-23, 12:16 PM
Sheepofoblivion throws off his cowl, a face shrouded in darkness looks upon Chumley, scimitars out in a second, he stands before Chumley, surveying the area. ((what does it look like?))

The swords give off a faint glow, and a trained eye could see the glint of cortosis, the lightsaber resistant material in the blades. He gives a breif bow, and throws up an arm, mouth mumbling incantations, and the area around him and Chumley seems to be engulfed in darkness, but inside, they can see perfectly.

Come, Oblivion Awaits.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-23, 03:57 PM
Mutters: Aw damn, not another Sith Lord wannabe... how many does that make?
Captain, break out the Ysalamiri. And, by the way, I will have to add those Sith Swords to my collection.

Chumley activates his San-Ni staff (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/San-Ni_staff), and twirls it expertly.
Come, let us fight in a more... appropriate area.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-23, 06:25 PM
I'm not some sith lord wannabe, sith lords are SheepofOblivion Wannabies....

Whats wrong with being shrouded in darkness and having cortosis scimitars. Don't you think that it would be appropriate for the _____ (insert anything here) of OBLIVION? meaning forgotten?

Oblivion =
1. the state of being completely forgotten or unknown: a former movie star now in oblivion.

What, did you expect some holy, angelic fire breathing ram?

Anyway, lead, and I'll follow. The blades twirl about... And spells are at the ready...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-23, 07:41 PM
((This post might be considered godmodding. Sorry, but there's no getting around it.))

Chumley calmly walks through a set of doors, into an airlock. Waiting for Sheepy to follow him, the second door of the airlock opens, and Chumley calmly walks onto the connected space barge, and into a room fifty feet cube. Sheep can see the barge pulling away from the Star Destroyer. Suddenly, all remarkable effects the sheep is causing to happen cease suddenly and the Sheep loses connection to the force. ((I think; this is assuming you are using the force.)) Chumley smiles; Ysalamiri. Couldn't have you with any unfair advantages, could we? And now, lets us begin...

((BTW, is you character actually a sheep?))

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-24, 04:56 PM
((... *head pops from frustration* *regenerates* no, he's the guy in my old avatar. Most recent work of avatar = http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/sheepofoblivion/avi2.png))

Eh, whatever, the force is overrated:smalltongue:. SoO continues to twirl the blades, and follows chum.

Let us begin.

The blades twirl and flash, and SoO is replaced by a twirling vortex of steel (not really, it just looks like that...)

Moff Chumley
2008-03-24, 05:34 PM
Chumley idly flips his San-Ni Staff and calmly asks, So... steel shoes? Steel toed? Anything of the sort? and flips up the power output on his weapon.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-24, 05:55 PM
what?.......

Moff Chumley
2008-03-24, 06:30 PM
what?.......

I'll take that as a yes.

Chumley lets the San-Ni Staff slip through his hand, until one of the stun prods is touching the floor. He thumbs the power to maximum, and sends a huge amount of electricity through the floor, which gets conducted through the metal floor into sheep's boots. Then with a cry, he rushes towards Oblivion, his staff spinning wildly.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-24, 07:40 PM
I'm wearing sneakers dolt! Sheep yells ((rubber soles)), and he runs towards chum, doing a matrix stlye wall run. Except that in this case, Chum in the wall, his foot connects solidly with Chum's face, who is sent flying backwards. ((sorry, had to do it, it's my signature move in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast multiplayer))

His blades catch the faint purple glow of the staff, and they glint almost eagerly. Let us see who is a better fighter.

The electricty fades after a bit, and Sheep says "nice trick there, my turn."

And with that, he throws and emp device in the center of the room, and all the electricity is drained from everything ((you use yslarmi, I use emp))

Moff Chumley
2008-03-24, 08:13 PM
Chumley is nocked flat, and quickly shouts "Gravity orientation 2! The floor Sheep is standing on is now the wall, and he goes tumbling down twenty feet. Chumley is already there, and quickly snatches one of Sheep's knives. ((Please? :wink:)) Hey, I'm not a warrior, I'm a commander. If I get tactical advantages, then doesn't that just even the playing field a little?

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-24, 10:52 PM
you took my knife!!! :smalleek: !!!!! That's no excuse! *kicks in the shin*

The remaining knife blurs in front of Chum, and Sheep's face is a mask of determination. (initiate signature move 2!) Sheep throws the knife at Chum, it seems almost reluctant to leave his grasp, and he draws an ordinary longsword. happy? (grr)

Moff Chumley
2008-03-25, 12:53 PM
Well, the gravity system works. Oh well, 'tis a shame it'll have to go. Gravity Off!

Chumley launches himself off of the floor he was on, muttering Nova, nova! He's quite proficient in Zero-Gee, and starts to evade Sheepie's clumsy attacks. At an oppertune moment, he strikes with the stolen knife.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-25, 05:50 PM
The sword jumps forward almost in it's own accord, and cuts open a wide gash in Sheep's arm.

...ow

Sheep kicks off a wall, landing on the ground, the remaining sword behind him. The other knife which he had thrown floats around lazily, and Sheep tries to stem the blood flow, while keeping an eye on Chum.

Moff Chumley
2008-03-26, 12:07 PM
Nearly through yet? Kill Lights!

Of course, Zabraks can see in the dark.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-26, 05:58 PM
Thank goodness for the Blindfight feat. Mutters Sheep

That won't really help you at all, and because I'm feeling evil... *Casts the spell "light" on the floor. Now the floor is glowy!

the dagger continues to float around, as Sheep continues to mend his wound

Damit! I knew I shouldn't have put so many enchantments on it... *Cure Moderate Wounds!* better... The blood stops flowing, but the outline of the cut is still there.

Come, face me!!

Moff Chumley
2008-03-26, 07:19 PM
Hehe, what floor?

Sheepie feels a knife against his throat, and realizes all to late that you can't hear well in space.
This place runs out of oxygen in one hundred and twenty seconds. I'd like to be alive then, wouldn't you?

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-26, 07:38 PM
Chum will find another knife pressing against the back of his neck.

Enchant a knife with returning, and everyone falls for it. ((I even dropped hints! The knife seems to be reluctant to leave... it floats around lazily behind chum" !!!))

Now, we can both get out of this alive. The only thing keeping the knife from cutting through both of our necks is my extraordinary willpower ((not a very humble guy huh...)) keeping it from doing so. The moment it gets broken (ie: I die...) it will come rushing through your next.

The only problem is that if I try to kill you, unless I get really lucky, it'll cut
through my neck as well...

Now, to have us both leave this ship alive, you can let go of my next, and we'll both drop the knives, and call it a tie. Like it? We can both keep our honor. And the more important thing, our lives.

((sorry if that was a bit too much of a godmod, but this thread is full of godmodding. If you looked back one page, you would even see me doing this to free hand...))

The mistake was calling me "Sheepie"

Moff Chumley
2008-03-27, 12:53 PM
Hehe, works for me. Disable hologram!

Oblivian finds himself standing alone in a white room, twenty by twenty feet across, and in retrospect realizes that there was something odd about the entire expierience. A door slides open and Chumley walks in, handing The Sheep both of his daggers. You honestly think I would put myself in that kind of risk? Oh well,

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-27, 08:19 PM
please... type my name correctly... Sheep says. now... Back to buisness... You do know that I do have magical powers as well as mere daggers...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-27, 09:41 PM
Oh... your going to try to kill me again... Very well, the non-holographic Chumley is on the bridge. As far as you know, that is...

The Chumley before you disappears.
Very high quality holoprojectors I have.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-27, 10:05 PM
I was thinking about it, but this is probably just another hologram...

darn cheater

Well... Since you seem to not be facing me, I guess they'res no point... I'll just go back to my ship...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-28, 12:13 PM
Kay, the hanger's that way. Thank you for your time. Out of curiosity, does this mean we're done shooting at eachother?

Moff Chumley
2008-03-28, 12:13 PM
Kay, the hanger's that way. Thank you for your time. Out of curiosity, does this mean we're done shooting at eachother?

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-28, 06:12 PM
--> V <-- ^ That way? ... we might be...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-29, 11:55 AM
Okay, works for me. Now, how can we get Leo in here?

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-30, 03:32 PM
... you still haven't told me which way... and why would we need leoman in here? and you double posted :smalleek: :O!!!! (delete the copy by pressing "edit" and then delete.)

Moff Chumley
2008-03-30, 04:16 PM
What double post, comrade? >.> <.<
Well, your ship is that way. ->. Third door on the left, don't talk to any of the droids or they'll get confused. Have fun...

We need LeoMan because I want to shoot at him. Duh... :smile:

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-30, 04:22 PM
it's when you post something twice by accident (it happens when you press the submit reply button more than once and the forum doesn't catch it) its not really bad, it's just frowned upon...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-30, 05:52 PM
I know, and I've never done it before... >.<

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-30, 06:05 PM
That's why I said how to delete it :smalltongue:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a ship to blow up... I mean... Fleet to pilot...

Moff Chumley
2008-03-30, 06:39 PM
Bubye...

Once The Sheep is off of Chumley's ship, his entire fleet disappears into hyperspace.

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-30, 06:53 PM
track down that fleet. Sheep says into his ship mike. If one is to duel, it is not as holograms. Let's have that duel

His face is shrouded in darkness, and the ship speeds off after the fleet.

(*hits himself a few times, does reality checks to make sure he's really out of the hologram.*)

Moff Chumley
2008-03-31, 05:54 PM
Hehe, dude, you can't track stuff through hyperspace. It's a big galaxy. And don't think I didn't remove all four of the homing beacons you placed. Mwa...

sheepofoblivion
2008-03-31, 08:15 PM
*sigh* track the residual radiation, launch in the same stop, and survey all areas around for any significant variation in radiation which would indicate his departure from hyperspace. If/When detected, drop out of hyperspace, and turn back to where he is.

This... may be a long voyage...

Wait... since when did fighters and severely crippled battleships have the ability to jump into hyperspace?:smallconfused:

Shut up! and stop pok-... Hey... Good point! "Wait... since when did fighters and severely crippled battleships have the ability to jump into hyperspace?"

Mwa...

Moff Chumley
2008-04-04, 05:56 PM
Eh, do you knnow how long you where in that holo machine? Hehehe...

This message, of course, is routed through several hundred different encryptions and comm waypoints, making it almost impossible to track.

But, on to more important matters... Lieutenant, put me on comm to the Arcus II air force immediately.

Chumley settles in in front of a huge display screen, which presently becomes a very detailed battle map of the Arcus II base.

All craft, report and await further orders!

Ima ready for your tricks, commie.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-04, 07:01 PM
Hehe, dude, you can't track stuff through hyperspace. It's a big galaxy. And don't think I didn't remove all four of the homing beacons you placed. Mwa...

aye... but did you remove the explosives?

*poof/boom*

BRC
2008-04-04, 07:23 PM
Spacigrad Station

The five officers enter the Command room and take their seats A screen comes up with the Neccessary Information.

Slizard

The screen shows your Six squads of Infantry and three Heavy Weapons Teams. The Infantry are in Squads of ten, including a Sergent. One Marine in each squad is carrying a rocket Launcher. Your Heavy Weapons Teams each consist of a Loader, a Gunner, and a third solider to take over if one of the others goes down. Currently, your troops are positioned around the mining facility, with three squads inside it

Leoman
The grizzled faces of the Elite Sergents appear on your screen with tactical data about the Elites. They are equipped in the same manner as Marines, only with generally superior weapons and armor. In addition to their normal rockets, Each squad has three powerful Plasma Rockets. Also, Each squad contains a Marksman, with a sniper varient laser rifle. Your troops are positioned outside the facility, with one sqad inside
Fluffy

Your group consits of Four Hellrain Self-propelled artillery units, each capable of lobbing powerful shells over long distances, provided they have a target. For maximum accuracy, they need a few minutes to set up, and preferably be on high-ground. They can aim through an orbital-uplink. You also have two Marine squads. The Artillery is currently heading towrds the facility, but due to the dust storm they cannot see if there is anything between them and the base.
Moff Chumley

Your command consists of 3 Warhawk Gunships, each equipped with a rocket launcher and a pair of Rapid-lasers. You also have a pair of Mark IV troop transports, each carrying two squads of 2nd Fleet Shield fighters. Sheild Fighters are equipped with powerful personal shields and pistols. The Shield fighters can shape the shields into razor-sharp meelee weapons around their hands. However, the shields have a very limited battery, you have backups onboard the Mark IV's, but that won't help you if your fighters get caught in a protracted battle and run out of power. Your units have just taken off and are hovering above the Landing Pad
Sheep of Oblvion

Your command consits of fourt Cavlier Light Tanks and one Cavalier Ace. Each tank has a primary shell-throwing cannon, a forward-mounted Autolaser, an a Turret-mounted Autolaser. They are not as heavily armored as most tanks, but are still fairly tough. The Ace has what is essentially a superior version of the standard Cavalier, and his magazine includes five Plasma Shells
A few shots, tank shells, artillery, and small-arms, come from the cliffs on either side of the facility but don't hit anything (see the map in the other thread). Your units all await your orders.

Moff Chumley
2008-04-04, 07:55 PM
And so it begins. *Melodramatic evil cackle*

Chumley reclines in the recesses of his gigantic chair, and surveys the battlefield.
Captain Ttosc? ((Leader of the warhawk squadron))
Sir?
I want you to scout around our base, viewing the enemy position. Don't stray too far, and put all power into the engines and report back in five minutes. Never mind, I'll keep a window open. Captain Braxt, ((Leader of the transports)) I want you to stay within fifteen seconds of the pass to the north-west, but keep out of all enemy fire. Now, someone get me a sandwich! ((Seriously, I'm starving. Be right back...))
Yessir.

*Is over intensive RPG-er*

BRC
2008-04-04, 08:15 PM
"Scout run completed sir, i'll have my signal monkeys update the Tactical Map for you, We took some fire from the ground but we didn't take any damage a little paint won't fix. I'd say Their just planning to box us in and shell us to smithereens, this facility has got to be in the least defensible location Iv'e ever seen. "
"Mark Four's in position sir, I took the liberty of putting the Sheildies on Standbye. The Raiders have seen us, but were staying out of range"
"Here's your sandwich sir"
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Inbattlemap2.png
The red line shows the path the warhawks took

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-04, 08:41 PM
A few things:

1. please bold my name

2. Are the tanks fast? (faster than other tanks due to the fact that they don't have much armour as you stated earlier)

3. Sergeant!!! not sergent!!!! (or whatever you wrote)

4. are those teal blobs/boxes enemies? Or just the teal tanks and stuff?

5. Do I control all tanks? or just the little squadron of them around the ace one That is all the tanks >.<

6. Are we in like a valley with cliffs surrounding it?

7. What kind of person would have a facility in such a horrible place?!?!

8. Can I have a few of my guys get out and use small arms/sniper rifles (only like 3 or so, and I would probably only use it once in my evil plan *evil chuckle*)

9. Are the tanks quiet? Or are they noisy and loud?

10. Please describe the tanks

11. Can I have a sandwich too?

12. I'm going to stop typing now

13. Serious

14. Not kidding man

15. SERIOUSLY!!!!

16. Geez

17. Don't be so mean... I'm seriously don't typing stop highlighting the text

baah HA you wasted a click!

I win

BRC
2008-04-04, 09:00 PM
*beep*
Hello, Welcome to the Second Fleet Command System, Processing Queries...
*annoying music*
Bolding Name now, thank you for making us aware of this problem
*annoying music*
Cavlier Light tanks are faster than most other tanks.
*annoying music*
Spelling is stupid anyway
*annoying music, loading screen*
Please Define "Teal Blobs". On The map, red represents 2nd fleet forces, grey represents enemy raiders.
*poorly done animation, annoying music*
Affirmitive
*More annoying music*
Mining Facility place in optimal position reccomended by prospector team 1342, TacOps was not consulted due to the civillian nature of the facility
*Actually, pretty rockin' music*
Yes you can.
*annoying music*
Negative, TacOps does not rate Cavalier tanks as "Quiet"..
*A jazzy little number*
The Cavalier Light Tank is standard pattern. It consits of a boxy base, and a turret mounting a primary cannon and an Autolaser. Another Autolaser is mounted on the front of the tank. It uses treads, a hover varient does exist but is only used is situations where support facilities are available (You can't maintain or repair Anti-Grav units without specialized equipment). Generating Image, time till image loaded: Unknown ((because I havn't made it yet and am playing games now))

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-04, 09:09 PM
teal blobs and boxes highlighted by the tealish color stuff:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd117/sheepofoblivion/mapexample.png
(sorry if the map isn't as detailed as it really is, I just didn't want it to be too intricate)

BRC
2008-04-04, 09:11 PM
Those are Grey, and represent enemy Infantry squads (circles) and Heavy Weapons Teams (Squares)

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-04, 09:12 PM
well it's bluish grey.....

BRC
2008-04-04, 09:20 PM
*Beep* Would you like me to schedual an appointment with the stations optomitrist?

Szilard
2008-04-04, 10:36 PM
So, do I get any transport vehicles?

BRC
2008-04-04, 10:55 PM
So, do I get any transport vehicles?
My, those would be useful. But nope,

Szilard
2008-04-04, 11:02 PM
Okay then, maybe I'll order some AT-AT's for reinforcements.
For now, I set up the weapons teams on the roof of the mineing place, with two infantry units to help them/ gaurd them. The other four will surround the building.

Pandaren
2008-04-04, 11:08 PM
Pandaren teleports into the Commodore's ship(?), "What the....uh?"

BRC
2008-04-04, 11:19 PM
Pandaren teleports into the Commodore's ship(?), "What the....uh?"
Your commanding the 4 squads of Elite Infantry, unless you feel like handing them off too somebody else.

Pandaren
2008-04-04, 11:25 PM
No, I'm good with the infantry. Recap anyone? Where are we?

BRC
2008-04-04, 11:32 PM
Here's the Tatical Map the last time I bothered to update it, only difference is that the Non-Elite infantry have dug in alittle bit more around the facility and that Moff now has a sandwhich.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Inbattlemap2.png
The red line shows the path the warhawks took

Szilard
2008-04-04, 11:41 PM
You forgot to mention the heavy weapons teams on the roof.

Moff Chumley
2008-04-05, 12:30 PM
((Szilard, Leo, did you get my PM?))

Chumley continues staring up at the large tactical display aboard his ship.
ETA to Arcus II, one hour.
Very good. Captain Ttosc, I want you and your men to fly to the southeast, and try to make contact with the artillary. If you meet any opposition you can easily destroy, please do so. However, do not, repeat, do not, do anything that would seriously risk destruction. Captain Braxt, deploy shield fighters in close proximity to enemy infantry to your northwest. Please attempt to land on top of some enemies. I don't want this engagement to last more than thirty seconds. If you encounter heavy fire, withdraw.
Yes, sir.

BRC
2008-04-05, 02:01 PM
Arcus II
Inside the Mark IV troop transport a pair of lights glow red. The Shield-Fighter Sergeant speaks to his squad. “Get ready to jump, take it like a drill. Shields angled down, full concussive protection, then go to standard combat operations, hit them quick and hard.
The Squad nods, the doors open, the lights go green, the squads jump, a bluish field surrounds them, absorbing the shock of their landing. The Fighters roll as they land before the fields encompass their entire bodies. Pistols are drawn and shields form around fists, spikes ending in monomolecular points. The Heavy Weapon teams go down, and the shield fighters move to capture the tripod-mounted machine guns, turning them on the clusters of raider-infantry. The few remaining raiders turn and run, vanishing into the swirling dust. The Shield-fighters disable the heavy weapons just as ropes are lowered from the Mark IV’s.

“This is Capitan Braxt to Mission Command, the Shield boys are back onboard, no casualties but there were some enemy survivors who escaped. If these raiders have communications of any sort they’ll be on their guards, we won’t catch them like this again. Sergeant Marcus got some combat footage from his implants, I’ll send it off to the boys at TacOps”

“This is Capitan Ttsoc, we have sight of the Artillery and are moving into a protective pattern, no sign of the enemy, though it’s hard to know with all this dust.”

Szilard
2008-04-05, 02:56 PM
Sir, the reinforcements have landed on Arcus III.
Okay then, deploy the... wait.:smallconfused:
What sir?:smallconfused:
Did you say Arcus III? :smallconfused:
Yes sir, Arcus III.
:smallfurious: YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO GO TO ARCUS II!
:smalleek: Ohh, sorry sir.:smallfrown:
Just get them here already.:smallannoyed:
((:smalltongue: ))

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-05, 05:18 PM
*Beep* Would you like me to schedual an appointment with the stations optomitrist?

no... ((sorry if I was deadtimed for a while...))

"I take it you will have the situation under control if they launch an assult upon the facility < insert name of Commanding officer of the infantry>. Correct?" Without waiting for an answer Sheep continues to give orders. "Have two tanks (anything but the ace) go over and help protect the artillery. We can't spare to lose them, and I doubt two marine squads would protect them against a concentrated attack."

"The remaining three will stand by for further orders."

Moff Chumley
2008-04-05, 06:53 PM
Chumley nods happily at the results of his attack.
Thank you, Commander Commie. Tell me, do you have any footage from one of the transports of the other transport? I want to see how the attack looked from the perspective of the enemy. Commander Ttosc, I want you to ambush the enemy artillery over the hill to your north, then accelerate and increase altitude, go a few miles north to see if the enemy is sending reinforcements. If you see any targets of opportunity, you know what to do. Your return route should be through the now-empty pass to the northwest of the base. I'll send you the map.

BRC
2008-04-06, 02:04 AM
"Yes sir"

A few minutes pass

"Sir! Hostile Vehicles inbound from the west, sending image now."

An image appears of five Armored cars assembled from scrap metal, each has a rocket launcher built into the turret, as they watch one of the cars fires, the rocket leaves the camera's field of view but you hear an explosion.

"They Just winged the Blackbird (one of the Warhawks), She's still flying but the boys at TechOps will need to see her before the day is out. Requesting orders!"

At this moment the map goes off, a Blue-Uniformed TacOps officer kicks it and it comes back on, displaying this.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Inbattlemap2-1.png

Szilard
2008-04-06, 10:01 AM
Fire when they are in range, Szilard says to the weapons teams. But one at a time, there might be more from other places.
Szilard's reinforcements are 12% of the way here.

Pandaren
2008-04-06, 10:48 AM
Assuming we're grey. Shouldn't we take out the transports?

Yes, got the pm. I agree with you.

Pandaren decides to teleport to the North side of the attack.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-06, 11:18 AM
"Huh, good thing I sent those tanks over... If I hadn't I wouldn't be able to do this:

Tanks 04 and 05, (the ones close to the artillery) Go assist the warhawk squadron (thing a ma jig...)!

Hmm... Are the ace and the other tanks the same from the outside? (do they look similar?)"

BRC
2008-04-06, 11:23 AM
"Huh, good thing I sent those tanks over... If I hadn't I wouldn't be able to do this:

Tanks 04 and 05, (the ones close to the artillery) Go assist the warhawk squadron (thing a ma jig...)!

Hmm... Are the ace and the other tanks the same from the outside? (do they look similar?)"
Yup, the only difference is their names and serial numbers (For example, The Ace named his tank the Parade Rainer but nothing signifies him as an Ace)

EDIT:
@ Leoman: were red, not grey

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-06, 01:36 PM
**CODE ENDER 29**
*INITIALIZING*
*PATCHING IN*
"Greetings men:smallamused: , I hope you didn't take all of them, I aim to misbehave today."

"I need a cavalry unit to neutralize the enemy armor approaching me, Moff, send some gunships their way, arlillary batteries A, and B, Target the enemy armored divisions north of the base. C, aim at the eastern enemy guns (artillery), D, go for the other!"

"THE GATE IS DOWN!"

Pandaren
2008-04-06, 02:38 PM
Wait, we're under attack....okay.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-06, 02:43 PM
tanks, attack those improv. tanks attempting to neutralize the artillery!

Moff Chumley
2008-04-06, 03:04 PM
NOVA! NOVA!

Ehem.
Ritghy, warhawks, the tanks have the situation under control. Increase altitude, and attempt to hit enemy artillery as hard as possible before returning to base.

Szilard
2008-04-06, 05:00 PM
Reinforcements, 89% here.

BRC
2008-04-06, 05:34 PM
((Alright, so Fluffy is bombarding the enemy artillery and units on the northern ridge, Chumly is attacking the enemy artillery to the south, and Sheepy is protecting our artillery. Update comes after homework))

Szilard
2008-04-06, 07:13 PM
((And I was having my weapons teams shot at the incoming transports, but only one team at a time in case it is a distraction. And my reinforcements should be here by now...))

BRC
2008-04-06, 07:33 PM
((And I was having my weapons teams shot at the incoming transports, but only one team at a time in case it is a distraction. And my reinforcements should be here by now...))
((There are no incoming transports, there ARE incoming armored cars with rocket launchers, but their out of range. Also, considering this post is only a few minutes after those orders were given In-game, I doubt they will have arrived yet Depending on what reinforcements your calling in, they may need to land elsewhere due to the size of the ships)).
A chorus of "Yessirs" comes over the radios. TacOps personell start barking coordinantes and numbers into their radios.

"Hellrainer's Load up, Cluster shells, Set the Detonator fors 30 Feet, prime Charges, FIRE"

The four artillery cannons fire their shells, each one bursting 30 feet in the air above their targets, releasing a hail of exposives.
The two Cavalier tanks engage the ramshackle armored cars, their shots punching through the makeshift armor and detonating within. The other cars rotate their turrets and fire, sending three rockets detonating against the Cavalier's armored plate, one lucky rocket hits a tank tread, ruining it. The Raider's victory is short lived as the next two shells strike their targets, destroying the lead vehicles, causing the surviving car to crash into one of the now smoldering wrecks.

"hostiles neutrilized but we lost a tread, permission to conduct field repairs sir?"
__________________________________________________ _______________
By the time the Warhawks reach the enemy artillery the Hellrainers had already fired several shots, the enemy artillery, looking to be just as ramshackle as the armored cars, is a smoldering ruin with a few staggering survivors wandering around. The area is pockmarked with craters from the Hellrainer's cluster shells.
"This is Capitan Ttsoc, looks like the artillery boys already crashed this party, there are a few surviors but they won't be fighting anytime soon."

"This is Capitan Braxt here, Hostiles vehicles just rushed underneath us inbound to the facility, looks like a few tanks and troop carriers as well as infantry on foot, their moving fast."
((I'll update the map in a bit))

Pandaren
2008-04-06, 07:36 PM
I'm just gonna sit tight and try to figure out whats happening.

BRC
2008-04-06, 08:36 PM
BOOM, new map

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Inbattlemap2-2.png

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-07, 11:20 AM
Looks like my plan won't be going into motion after all...

Get some repair teams over to the west of the artillery section, where the damaged tank is, immediately, we need that tank back and running! As soon as it can shoot, send it to the facility, but continue to make repairs on the way (if possible)

Tank 01A, head down to where tanks 04 and 05 are positioned, I have something special planned for you.

As soon as tank 04 reaches your position, construct barriers and barricades for the oncoming forces. Get as ready as possible. Please don't make barriers out of flammable materials though... It's really a bad idea... Keep a few snipers posted so we don't get flanked completely unawares.

Moff Chumley
2008-04-08, 09:43 PM
Hmm, this is interesting. Our opponents do not have a firm grasp of strategy, do they... FREAKING ZERG RUSH
Captain Ttosc, we appear to have a problem. I;m sure you know what to do. ((Attack the inbound tanks.))
Yes, sir
Captain Braxt, there are several units to your east. Please take care of as many as possible.
Sir, your fleet has arrived at Arcus II> They are on the far side of the planet, and will reach Bombardment range in thirty minutes.
Very good. Launch the TIE Defenders and troops carriers.
They will arrive in about ten minutes, sir.
((BRC, you retain the right to godmod.))

Szilard
2008-04-08, 10:04 PM
Continue to fire on whatever is comig, one team at a time in case there are more coming in from other sides.
((I wonder when my reinforcements are coming in...))

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-09, 11:14 AM
Hey, BRC, is this a play-by-post rip off of world in conflict?
That's cool
Men, Change of Plans, Use the most devastating barrage on the enemy tank battalion surrounding our troop transports!

BRC
2008-04-09, 11:22 AM
((Ive never played World in Conflict, so the answer to that would be no. Szlizard, What reinforcements did you call in, if its say, a few squads of infantry they can use the facilities landing pad for their dropship, if it's some AT-AT's they would need to land elsewhere and come in. I'll need some time to think of a battle result besides "Everything explodes, EVERYTHING"))

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-09, 11:30 AM
you should, it's post cold war USSR v.s. USA the situation is, the USSR survived and America attacked.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-09, 02:25 PM
So, I take it that tanks 04 and 01A (the damaged and the ace) have switched places and that tanks 02, 03, 04 are ready to repel any enemy assults at the base? Cool.

Repair teams which were working on tank 04, accompany Tanks 01A and 05 to the cliffs. Tanks 01A and 05 (the ones near the artillery) move out to the cliffs, and silently (sniper rifles, small arms, or just in one ambush strike), neutralize all enemies on cliffs. Make sure your presence is as unnoticed as possible. Leave no enemies standing. ((The repair teams + the element of surprise + the ace tankness should enable them to take out those pockets of infantry on the cliffs))

Szilard
2008-04-09, 07:12 PM
((Yeah, I was thinking of a couple AT-ATs, maybe one of those Tie Tanks.))

BRC
2008-04-09, 09:18 PM
((@ Sheepy, It's not so much a Repair crew as it is the crew of the tank getting out and performing repairs.
@Szliard, If they just made planetfall, it will take AT-AT's awhile to show up, since they had to land at Station One, which would be the nearest place that could handle and AT-AT sized dropships.))
The Artillery: "ALL UNITS, Weve got a moving target so set up a creeping barage to keep pace with it." In succsession, the Hellrainers fire, sending their charges towrds the advancing enemy.

The Tanks: By the time the Parade Rainer Arrives, the other tank's crew has patched up their damaged tread. One of the crewmembers takes a look and comments "Good enough for government work" before grabbing a las rifle and clambering on the back of the tank. As the two tanks work their way up the cliffs they find most of the enemy infantry have joined the main assault. The few enemy troops that remain are taken down with small-arms fire. One enemy Tank remains on the cliff with two squads of infantry clustered around it, trying to peer through the dust storm at the battle below. Inside the Parade Rainer Ace Gunner Taluk instructs his autoloader to load a Plasma shell, with the inevitable result for the enemy.
"The cliff is clear, only light resistance. Awaiting Further orders."

As soon as the Artillery Barrage ends the Sheild Fighters make another jump into what is reffered to as a "Target Rich Enviroment", where they begin decreasing the target richness of the enviroment with their usual efficiency. However, Tank-Mounted weapons as well as Rocket launchers manage to punch through personal defense sheilds. Before long the lines are lowered and the sheild fighters return to the dropships.
"This is Capitan Braxt, we hit the enemy column but the sheild boys took hefty casualties. Two of the squads are down to half-strength and one took about thirty percent casualites. The fourth hit the tail end of the column and is still fine. The Hawk's havn't shown up yet.

Meanwhile, the front of the enemy column, despite having taken a beating from the artillery and sheild-fighters, strikes the Compound. The Foot-bound infantry get mowed down by heavy weapons teams, but some of the troop carriers make it to the entrences of the facility which are opened with the use of shells from the Raider's ramshackle tanks. Raiders pour out of their transports and storm inside the mining station.

"VICE-ADMIRAL! Their Inside! Requesting orders!"

((Map will come soonish))

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-10, 03:04 PM
((why does everyone call me sheepy...:smallannoyed:))

Parade Rainer, and tank 05 (the one which was accompanying the ace) Continue to catiously eliminate all targets on the cliff, be sure the main column is unaware of your presence, or you will most likely be destroyed.

Sweep across the cliffs, and when there are no more hostiles, await further instructions. Your main goal is to stay alive, so if you are overwhelmed, pull back a little, however, if there the damage is repairable, attack. I want the tanks in the best condition as possible when the time comes for our main assult. Secondary objective is to destroy as many enemies as possible.

Moff Chumley
2008-04-11, 04:52 PM
((Sorry, I'm on vacation, and had to violently nudge my cousin away from his computer. >.< After this, we attack L.A.))

Um, commie, could you take into account my orders, please? Also, my ships have arrived. Say, three more warhawk gunships, and two more troop transports. Thank you.

BRC
2008-04-11, 06:35 PM
((Sorry, ive been busy/lazy/somthing else. That last post was more-or-less almost right after the column was sighted, so the warhawks would just be showing upish. I really should make another map))

Pandaren
2008-04-11, 06:49 PM
*teleports next to sheepofoblivion*

"So, Sheepy....."

BRC
2008-04-12, 01:46 AM
YAY NEW MAP!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Inbattlemap2-4.png
Moff's reinforcements are JUST hanging off the corner of the map, they show up as soon as he tells me what's in those two troop transports (Marines? Stormtroopers? Shield Fighters? The heroic but-kicking, Ranger and Hamster duo of Minsc and Boo (Go for the eyes!)? Magical Trevor? Mister Rodgers in a Bloodstained sweater? Cyborg Ninjas?WHAT?) Szilard's reinforcements are coming up from the SE side of the map, theyve made planetfall but have to walk over from station one, and so are still a ways away.

Moff Chumley
2008-04-12, 12:37 PM
For the sake of simplicity, we'll go with shield troopers.

Captains, Conitnue your assault on the enemy tanks. When that's completed, attack the enemyinfantry within the base.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-12, 04:19 PM
:smallsigh:

anyway... that's worse that I expected.... Tanks 01A, 05, continue to the adjacent cliff, and continue to elimate hostile threats...

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-12, 04:50 PM
Everybody

PULL OUT OF THE BASE, PREPARE FOR BOMBARDMANT OF BASE NEXT TURN

this turn, I shall attack the enemy arty, and infantry in the north east corner

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-12, 04:59 PM
Everybody

PULL OUT OF THE BASE, PREPARE FOR BOMBARDMANT OF BASE NEXT TURN

this turn, I shall attack the enemy arty, and infantry in the north east corner

umm... that's where my tanks are going to attack.....

also... I think the whole point of this operation was to save the little mining facility... vaporizing it probably wouldn't really help...

Moff Chumley
2008-04-13, 09:52 AM
Eh, commodore, Sheepie's right. We are trying to destroy the enemy units, not the continent. The point of the operation is to keep the mining base from being destroyed. Besides, there aren't any ships in orbit with which to vaporize.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-15, 05:48 PM
*crrrrrxsrrrxx (radio static)* "Encountered more artillery Admiral, orders, sir?"

Parade Rainer, Tank 05, Target the artillery immediately, it seems they have taken a page out of Commodore's book, it seems they plan on eliminating the base!!!! (sorry if that was a bit, overstepping my boundaries of power.... just trying to keep this storyline going) Because they're currently being repeled by our valiant troops!

BRC
2008-04-16, 08:48 PM
((Ah right, a battle update. I'll get around to that...
NOTE: Lets say Fluffy's communicator broke when he sent the order to bombard the facility, because thats really not a very smart idea no matter how you look at it. In terms of troops inside the facility, we have more and they are already dug in.))

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-16, 11:55 PM
Tanks, continue to carry out your orders, and eliminate those artilleries. Split up into small groups, each group with one huge gun (maybe small arms just in case) and have the two tanks. Surround them from all sides, and destroy them.

BRC
2008-04-17, 12:41 PM
As the Scrap Raiders storm into the compound they encounter heavy resistance from the Marines and Elite squads. However, as their transports and ragtag tanks outside are destroyed by the combined firepower of the Cavalier tanks and the Warhawk gunships, (especially the new arrivals, which flank the enemy column) their spirits fade. Before long the Scrap raider forces on the cliffs have retreated and those who were assaulting the compound have surrendered, the dust storm fades as well. Admiral Commie’s voice comes in over the general communication channel “Good work everybody, take up protective positioning, transports will be inbound to take the wounded and the prisoners. All Commanders stand down, TacOps can handle the clean up.”

((Check the standard IN thread for more Ground combat fun.))

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-21, 07:32 PM
SoO drops out of hyperspace, right in time to see the massive fleet of Moff Chumley drift past, apparently returned to it's full force.

((Can't track through hyperspace huh?:smallamused:

the only reason you could was because your player was bored, he wanted to get equal for those godmods and because he can.

--let's pull the curtain of charity over what happens next--))

BRC
2008-04-22, 06:02 PM
The Battle for Arcus's Landing: battle map

This isn't the whole city, just the immediate area around the dropships (You can see them , assigned to your color along with with a 2nd fleet dropship that has deployed 3 Crusader Tanks and 2 Palladin Tanks to support you.)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Imperial%20Navy/Impnavybattlemap.png
The Grey Rectangles are buildings, the big ones are Warehouses. The grey jumble things are barricades the enemy set up. Remember, Eliminating the Anti-Air Emplacements means Airstrikes for us!

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-22, 06:13 PM
how big is a dropship? (or, can you add a little scaley thing so we can see how far apart something is, and if a sniper rifle and shoot that far?)

BRC
2008-04-22, 07:01 PM
how big is a dropship? (or, can you add a little scaley thing so we can see how far apart something is, and if a sniper rifle and shoot that far?)
Dropships are pretty big, I don't feel like using exact sizes because I'm lazy and that's too much work so eyeball it using the sizes of the tanks. From the top of the dropship, snipers could proably hit some of the enemies on the slum-side barricades (But remember, each of those dots represents a squad of enemies, not an individual).

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-22, 07:12 PM
Hmm... I think I'll wait a little bit for the other troops to deploy before I execute my master/evil plan.

CommodoreFluffy
2008-04-22, 08:46 PM
as I said:
the soldiers drop down and rush over to the western warehouse, moving forward in a dynamic formation, different groups moving forward at different times, like an Indian sprint.

Pandaren
2008-04-23, 05:44 PM
So five tanks(thats what they are?) and 1-2 squads of Pandaren medics, infantry, and engineers. With one infantry in an SV.

BRC
2008-04-23, 06:01 PM
So five tanks(thats what they are?) and 1-2 squads of Pandaren medics, infantry, and engineers. With one infantry in an SV.

Err, the tanks are 2nd fleet. Your troops are the brighter color red (All aboard the dropship right now), but you people can direct the tanks around abit.

sheepofoblivion
2008-04-23, 08:23 PM
Good, all generals are present.

(so BRC can't ruin the sheer awesomeness of my plans...)
I was planning on having a stealth squad go around, accompanied by a few marines with heavy weapons going around the left buildings. They would come in from behind, the squad taking out any resistance swiftly and quietly.

The squad would also have C4 and pyrotechnics for a few bangs as a distraction.

As the main force (leo's and fluffy's if you do attack them(and another squad)) would initiate an assult, and the stealth squad (on the left of the map) would trigger the explosives as the enemies started to inflict some more major casualties. They would then use sniper rifles to take them out.

Unfortunately, they are gathered in a sort of a line, which will make it hard to get a few at a time, but with the confusion, explosions and numbers of the main force, we should be able to isolate reasonable size groups and take them out in the confusion.

The main goal remains though, destroy the anti-air, a stealth squad is perfectly cut out for this. They would go in, evading all enemies, plant a bit of C4, and as the enemy forces go to destroy the main force, detonate, have them get out of there as fast as possible and pull into retreat. As soon as all units are clear, we do a tactical air strike (tactical because I accidentally wrote a instead of an, and didn't want to have to go and change it...) on the enemies, and reclaim the zone.

The slum area will get the biggest punch, due to the fact that they're already a slum, and any valuables and scrap metal has already been raided by the attackers. As the air strikes come down, they'll attempt to run, and that's where we have our men waiting for them. They'll be able to overpower the disorganized rabble, and we'll have our city back.

Pandaren
2008-05-01, 05:28 PM
Guess they'll wait in the dropship so the tanks can blow those enemy infantry down a bit.

If they wait more than a minute, the infantry in the SV jumps down off the drop ship, shoots the establishment noted in the following map with the gattling gun, charging with the skate-thrust mechanism, and jumping up there to saw the squads down qith the saw. (The rounded off box on its left arm.) The rest of the infantry follow in a defensive formation behind.

If he makes it that far.

The medics and engineers stay in the ships, for now.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/Pandaren_photos/Star%20Wars/CicleofDeath.png

sheepofoblivion
2008-05-02, 09:07 PM
Initiate plan: 2 stealth squads go around, accompanied by a few marines with heavy weapons going around the left buildings. They would come in from behind, the squad taking out any resistance swiftly and quietly.

The squad would also have C4 and pyrotechnics for a few bangs as a distraction.

As the main force (leo's and fluffy's if you do attack them(and another squad)) would initiate an assult, and the stealth squad (on the left of the map) would trigger the explosives as the enemies started to inflict some more major casualties. They would then use sniper rifles to take them out.

Unfortunately, they are gathered in a sort of a line, which will make it hard to get a few at a time, but with the confusion, explosions and numbers of the main force, we should be able to isolate reasonable size groups and take them out in the confusion.

BRC
2008-05-02, 09:39 PM
I'lll try to update this battle after I take my SAT's tommorow.

Pandaren
2008-05-03, 12:27 AM
Ow, wow, SAT's, I'm just doing the state tests next week, good luck.

sheepofoblivion
2008-05-04, 11:58 PM
and then, brc updated it!!!!

BRC
2008-05-06, 04:49 PM
Right, sorry, totally forgot, I'll get around to that tonight.

BRC
2008-05-06, 09:01 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Imperial%20Navy/Impnavybattlemap-2.png
The Crusader tanks move to establish a perimiter around the Dropships, Meanwhile the Paladin tanks join the armored thrust into the enemy lines. The SV, backed up by Marine squads and tanks punches through the scrap raider lines. Scrap raiders begin rushing in from other points in the line to reinforce the pocket.

This makes the stealth team's job a good deal easier, they neutrilize any stragglers they meet and infiltrate the slums.

Meanwhile, Commadore Fluffy recieves this call.
"This is Major Coalfire, commanding the 1st fleet ground forces here were almost all in position here, there are a few doors on this side, all sealed, but the engineers tell me they could proably get through with demolitions and thermal cutters, requesting further orders."

CommodoreFluffy
2008-05-06, 09:14 PM
The commodore's strictly level voice is heard over the radio:
"Good job, Major, see if you can't get the snipers onto the roof, after that have the doors cut off as quietly as possible, and save the explosives for later, send in the marines first, followed by machine gunners, set up directed explosives on the far wall, facing outside, when the breach is created, initiate a breach. Once the east facing guns are taken out, along with any opposition, await further orders.
Over and out"

sheepofoblivion
2008-05-06, 11:22 PM
((^^ LOVE THE MECH!!!!))

Proceed stealth teams. Refrain from attracting attention, and when the window of opportunity opens, strike.

BRC
2008-05-07, 10:19 PM
The commodore's strictly level voice is heard over the radio:
"Good job, Major, see if you can't get the snipers onto the roof, after that have the doors cut off as quietly as possible, and save the explosives for later, send in the marines first, followed by machine gunners, set up directed explosives on the far wall, facing outside, when the breach is created, initiate a breach. Once the east facing guns are taken out, along with any opposition, await further orders.
Over and out"

"Can't get snipers on the roof, looks like the only roof accsess is inside. HEY! Lieutenant Donalvan, Command says to get out those overgrown pocketknives of yours and cut the doors open all quiet-like. Marines and Machine gunners, get ready to move in once the LT's boys have finished their work."

Pandaren
2008-05-08, 04:17 PM
The SV will head for the whatever that squad ahead of him is, continuing to the anti-air, while the infantry take out the stragglers the squads trying to close the pocket.

sheepofoblivion
2008-05-08, 11:37 PM
Negative! Negative!!! They need to continue to engage all the enemies. (also the marines with the stealth squad...) The squad can take out the enemies there with the greatest ease. When computers are hacked/ all enemies elimated, we'll "rout" then bomb the entire area.

BRC
2008-05-09, 12:42 PM
It should be noted that this is just Phase 1 of the battle, Ive got at least one more anti-air for you guys to take out.

That said, I'll check again later to see what people's final orders are.

Pandaren
2008-05-13, 06:00 PM
My final orders are....

*Bump*

sheepofoblivion
2008-05-13, 06:38 PM
Indeed a sound strategy... My final orders are...

*BUMPx2*

CommodoreFluffy
2008-05-13, 08:33 PM
my final orders do not change

BRC
2008-05-16, 07:34 PM
Sorry Sorry, This thread slipped my mind, blame the gnomes.

I'll update tonight.

BRC
2008-05-17, 02:04 AM
At the warehouse
"FIRE IN THE HOLE"!

An explosion sounds as the engineers detonate their explosives, blasting a hole in the wall. Marine and Machine Gun squads rush out into the street, shooting at the dazed scrap raiders. however, before long the raiders turn their heavy weapons around and begin shooting back, protected by the barricades.

Elsewhere The attack is pressed forwards, however, a pair of looted Cavaliers move in and hit the flank, destroying the treads for one of the Paladins. Otherwise, the attack fulfills it's purpose, almost every scrap raider in the slums comes to halt it, meanwhile the steal teams get within range of the Anti-Air's wirless network.

"Stealth team, this is TacOps, great work, sending you the shutoff codes now. TacOps to commanders, Zone one is clear, the Thunderhawk team is in position and ready for airstrikes. You know the drill, Coordinates (Describe where you want it to hit) Followed by the challange word, todays challenge word is "Thunder". The Affirmative Response is "Whirlwind", the negative response is "Cyclone". Were getting the scans for zone two ready, we'll beam them over to your command interfaces once we do. Oh yeah, Update the display too wouldja charlie:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/bloddyredcommie/Imperial%20Navy/Impnavybattlemap-3.png
Okay Commanders. TacOps Out"

Pandaren
2008-05-24, 08:27 PM
The infantry continues shooting down other squads, focusing fire on one target at a time...

methinks tanks should focus on other tanks.

sheepofoblivion
2008-05-26, 09:43 PM
"Encountering minimal resistance admiral."

Good work, continue to press the (diversionary) assult!

Stealth teams, pick up the pace. They'll expect something due to the suppen appearance of air units. We need to get that anti-air battery disabled and empty asap.

*BUMP*

CommodoreFluffy
2008-05-26, 09:47 PM
Use a grenade. and get the snipers on the roof

sheepofoblivion
2008-06-01, 12:26 PM
*BUMP!!!!!!!!!!*

Alright, charges are planted!!! All units evacuate from the slum district!

The men run as fast as they can, jumping over scrap metal and downed soldiers. The scrap metallers will start to notice a slight lightening on the heavy fire which they were encountering. All too soon, the stealth teams detonate their charges, which not only disable the anti-air turret, but it also takes out several enemies with the tower. In the smoke and confusion, the men of law retreat to safety.

Good work men, artillery is underway. Divert all men towards the buildings where the commodore's men are repelling the enemy!

(OOC: sorry about that serious godmod... it's just that it wasn't really moving anywhere.)

sheepofoblivion
2008-06-04, 07:03 PM
"Good work soldiers. The slum areas have been bombed to pieces. The opposition is routing, and we're well on our way to recapturing this area. Unfortunately, buisness on BloddyRedPlanet has caused us (TacOps) to be unable to continue to advise you in our assult. The tactical teams which are in charge of Admiral sheep's men will take over from here. We wish you luck. TacOps out."

Congratulations on your win in this district. Unfortunately, we can't rejoice just yet. It seems that the men which you just repelled have regrouped with the rest of their forces. Defending this ground may be harder than the taking of it. I suggest that you all leave a few defenses here while you press on the assult. Tactical advisory out.

We also regret to say that admiral sheeps men will not be able to continue with you all. We are sending out a distress beacon for more reinforcements.

Szilard
2008-06-05, 08:29 PM
Szilard turns on his comn, Eh, status report, I wanta know why I'm here.

sheepofoblivion
2008-06-05, 08:43 PM
Great, you're the first person we've heard from for a while. As you may have read, we have just cleared out this sector of the city. (wait..... were you in this plot earlier?) However, there still remains a large portion of the city which is under enemy control.

Analysis of enemy: They seem to be rather rag-tag, not quite able to stand up against the full force of an army, but tactics, their agility, their resourcefulness and other factors make them a force which we may have to exercise caution around. They certainly have strength in numbers.

We'll send more info when we get more people to come.

Szilard
2008-06-05, 09:03 PM
Thanks, I just got here...

Pandaren
2008-06-12, 03:54 PM
The leader of the Pandaren squads (the one in the mech) comms sheep. "So, admiral? We keeping this area or moving on?"

CommodoreFluffy
2008-06-12, 07:26 PM
I say that we draw them out, they are obviously well fortified, we should pull a fake retreat to a desert, and try to look as weak as possible. And when we have the advantage, we strike

sheepofoblivion
2008-06-12, 07:41 PM
((I'm "DM"ing, you figure it out yourselves. I'll adapt the plot to what you guys do))

"soldiers: Listen to your instincts, follow the best course of action, and relay your orders to ops."

Pandaren
2008-06-13, 06:02 PM
"Isn't that a bit risky sir? The chances of them taking this spot back if we pull back are pretty high."

sheepofoblivion
2008-07-23, 02:53 PM
*cough cough cough* Relay your orders to ops....

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-23, 02:54 PM
(Shouldn't this be in the town or something?:smallconfused:)

CommodoreFluffy
2008-07-23, 02:56 PM
...possibly. But what are you doing here?

Szilard
2008-07-23, 03:39 PM
I think he joined LAW once or something...either that or he didn't.

sheepofoblivion
2008-07-23, 07:47 PM
I think he joined LAW once or something...either that or he didn't.

Amazing observation Szilard...

Now hurry up and get your orders in. (I'm going to start a new system, so it's more structured... And so it will actually move along instead of "blah blah bl-- *silence for a month or so*--a"

Yeah, I'll make the changes in the first post now. Please read the new rules.

In 72 Hoursa couple days from now The rules will be in effect and the orders phase will begin.

Pandaren
2008-08-06, 10:33 AM
Yes, amazing.

So new adventure? Or continuing from this one? If so.

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-06, 12:20 PM
Yeah.... I was thinking we'd just do a different one.

Therefore:

A flash of light engulfed the city, and when the LAW troops recovered, they saw the charred corpses of the enemy lying in front of them. Clearly dead by the power of PLOT!

yeah, new plot time, using new system, I'll put out the call for peoples on the main thread...

Szilard
2008-08-07, 07:59 PM
I'd like to be in this one.

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-07, 10:14 PM
woot! But... we need moar peoples!
rar!

Pandaren
2008-08-07, 10:30 PM
Init, of course.

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-08, 08:57 PM
Right. I'll see if I can get BRC to participate, maybe quinsar or whatever his face from HALO would like to join in this one real quick. I'm not sure who's "DMing" tho...

Pandaren
2008-08-09, 04:02 PM
Er, I was under the impression that you were.

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-09, 06:26 PM
I can if no one else wants to, but if anyone wants to, they can. I'll do it, but, I'm just sayiing if anyone wants to...

Szilard
2008-08-09, 07:32 PM
Well, if no one has a plot set up, I could DM...

Murska
2008-08-09, 09:33 PM
I could possibly join if I'm allowed to?

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-09, 11:00 PM
sure, why not. Go to the main thread, Imperial Navy. (Or... if you just want to be involved in this little mini-plot we're (probably) going to have, you can just stick around here.

Pandaren
2008-08-12, 08:21 PM
I could possibly join if I'm allowed to?

You're in. I'll put a linky to the main post. Since whatshisface has dissappeared, we'll need to pick your rank as a group...'

hhmmmmm..

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-12, 08:45 PM
(CF is actually in oregan right now... he'll be back monday))

Oh, I pmed BRC with no luck, I think that if we can have other people play, even if they aren't in LAW, that'll be the best way to do it.

Murska
2008-08-13, 07:01 AM
Hmmh. I haven't really done my research about the different organizations around even though I basically know what they are. But I'm not that much a freeform RPer, so if you don't mind, I could just stick around here.

sheepofoblivion
2008-08-13, 12:27 PM
that's fine, you could participate in this thread only, but be like, honorary member of law...