PDA

View Full Version : Nation of the Dead: House of a Thousand Corpses



The Demented One
2008-02-08, 05:23 PM
The city of Ar Ghul lies near the southernmost border of the icy wastes of Undus, in one of the few places where warm climates encroach into the northernmost nation of Arcnus Mortis. Far from any other of the nation’s cities, it is almost wholly enclosed by the dark forests that form much of the border between Undus and its southern neighbor, Mertion. The provincial lord Sarga, a sadistic but brutally efficient vampire, serves as the city’s ruler, reporting only to the enigmatic Lich-King of Undus.

The town is not unlike those where the living dwell. Towering, gothic buildings form the core of the city, centered around the estate of Lord Sarga. Shabby, squalid tenements house much of the city’s populace, the squalid ghouls and zombies that are the lowest of the low in the undead society of Arcnus Mortis. Those revenants who have found a place among the undead elite reside in forbidding mansions that form a sycophantic ring around Lord Sarga’s manor. Temples to dark gods hold black masses, wraiths and ghouls wager in dank gambling halls, undead merchants hawk their wares on the street.

A few mainstays of living society, however, are missing from the city of Ar Ghul. There are no restaurants, no taverns, no whorehouses. Such things are needed only by the living–and the living do not walk in Ar Ghul, save in the greatest of danger and secrecy. The last living man found in the city still hangs from a tall gallows, his body pecked and pocked by the ghoulish ravens that infest the city.

It is in this city of the damned and dead that you awake–if, that is, the dead ever slept.

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-08, 06:20 PM
((Figure I'll just re-post some stuff from the first time we tried doing this. Oh, and if anyone needs it, you can find Moss here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=27686).))

"Well Moss, we came here. Just like you said we should; but now what?" Came a gurgling that one could decipher into the common tongue if they listened hard enough. "The dead offer us nothing. So why come here of all places?"

The creature known to the surface world only as Moss walked the streets of the slums, using his gurgling voice to engage in what seemed like a one way conversation, though anyone paying attention to him would see the glow of a crystal on his right arm when he was silent.

Moss walked on, not headed anywhere in particular, but he knew, somewhere in his addled mind, that his feet were leading him somewhere important.

Zincorium
2008-02-08, 06:32 PM
Moldebrin smiles, sitting on the front steps of the vacant and somewhat dilapidated temple to Kronos he has assigned himself to.

The sun isn't shining, the birds are crowing raucously, and everyone he knew was still dead. Just about perfect.


Still, pondering with his gauntleted fist on his chin, he couldn't help but notice something was different, perhaps a bit off, even. A new pattern in the zombies and ghouls stumbling around in the street on errands that never changed.

There might even be something worth doing to be done, something to add just a little bit more to the glory of Kronos. Or just anything, to be honest, it got dreadfully dull in the temple, seeing as how no one was particularly concerned about the afterlife.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-08, 08:02 PM
The bloodstained, spiked iron shell of a rageforged known as Slaughterknife wanders the slums of this cold town, much of the gore stuck to his body has been frozen solid. Aggravation somehow manages to show itself on his iron face, which already shows a menacing glare which never leaves. In his hand is a blood-stained blade, five feet long and saw-toothed.
"Nothing feels pain... I cut but no screams come out..." rings his metallic and gravelly voice after time cutting down mindless zombies here and there in the cold, dark slums.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-09, 12:55 AM
Janar walked down the street, thinking about his quandary. "That foolish vampire had nothing but silly romance books! Not a single book on the fairies at all. How am I going to lear-Ooof." He had not been paying attention to where he was walking and ran right into a zombie. The impact had knocked his glasses off. He really didn't need the things anymore, but they had a sentimental value. "Oh, Dreadfully sorry." Janar bent down and picked up his glasses, puting them back onto the bridge of his desiccated nose. Making sure his carefully combed hair was still in place, he returned to his wandering of the city. The zombie hadn't even noticed him.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-10, 11:16 PM
A loud caw rings through the city streets. Several dull, glazed eyes look up, hungry at this sign of life, but turn their eyes away as the raven lands on the shoulder of the towering metal behemoth. It drops a small mouse ino the beast's waiting hand, spitting as it shook feathers off of itself like a dog shed water. Underneath, the wine red devil spoke.
A little farther, my friend! The dead can be much fun, and much challenge! The smarter ones only, though. These dumb beasts are but appetizers for your violent nature! The tough ones even refuse to die when their spines are removed! You could play with one all day! Just onward a bit, my friend, and you'll find something that may even challenge your strength!
Razor bite found the mouse disgusting, with its thick, animal fear, but was willing to put up with it if it meant he got to play with such a fascinating toy as the Rageforged Slaughterknife.
The imp chuckled gleefully into a metal ear, his eyes an inky black, his skin drawn over his body like wet paper over bone. His overly large teeth stuck out in fangs, though the real threat remained in the dripping sting at the end of his agile tail.
The best thing my friend, would be to get work as a slayer of intelligent dead! These walking corpses would give you better weapons, more tools, in order to cause pain an rend flesh! Only a bit more patience, my friend, before the blood will flow anew!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-10, 11:27 PM
The rageforged rumbles with sadistic glee at the prospect at the new blood he can spill. He quickly takes the fearful mouse in both hands and savoring it's terror for just a split second he crushes the vermin in his sharp, metal hands. "I want more to kill... where are the thinking dead?"

Zincorium
2008-02-11, 03:05 PM
Moldebrin laughs a dry chuckle as he watches the necropolitan stumble around in the seething morass of mindless corpses. Composing himself, he strides down the steps and gives a broad, overemphasized bow.

"Ah, sir, one cannot help but notice that you seem to have a peculiar difficulty, not to say impediment, regarding the traversing of these noble but particularly crowded streets. Being a forthright member of the church and a loyal citizen of the community, I suppose an offer of help, without obligations stemming from the acceptance of such, would be well within the boundaries of good taste and..." Moldebrin pauses his raving for a bit to smack a passing zombie with his staff,

"I would be delighted. This way, please."

Ghal Marak
2008-02-11, 08:55 PM
Janar stopped and listened to the... mummy? Yes, that must be it. It was daytime, so vampires would not be out. Janar considered the mummys offer for a time, then nodded. "Indeed, that is in good taste. Lead on." Janar followed the mummy.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-11, 11:45 PM
"I want more to kill... where are the thinking dead?"
Good question, my friend. One I seek to answer.
Flapping his small wings into the air, Razor Bite flys up to a rooftop. As he passes out of sight behid a chimney, he suddenly dissapears. Unseen, he flys lower over the crowd, listening for any talk of employment, treasure, or other interest.
Listen- take 10 for 17.

Zincorium
2008-02-11, 11:48 PM
Moldebrin absentmindedly wanders along the streets towards a small library he knows of, on the basis that the person he's leading is wearing glasses and was heading generally in that direction.

"...And so you see, really, we of the other-than-living sort have more of a need for spiritual comfort and protection than those living fools. Have I mentioned that Kronos, my beloved savior and guide on this path, is particularly well suited to our situation? No other diety is as befitting such a state of majestic power and cruel drive for power...oh, I'm proselytizing again, aren't I? I do apologize, it's in the manual somewhere that I have to at least TRY, but I hope you won't hold my actions against the faith. We always welcome new arrivals."

Moldebrin turns and begins walking backwards in the same slow, deliberate fashion he's traveled so far. Although his eye sockets have no pupils or other indicators of where they're looking, Janar gets the distinct impression that Moldebrin is staring fixedly at him.

"I dare say, I don't believe I've even introduced myself. Moldebrin Varale, and in the course of my boorish tirade I'm sure I've mentioned my calling at some point. Your name, or moniker if you're being extremely careful, good sir?"

Ghal Marak
2008-02-12, 01:16 AM
Janar smiled at the rambling mummy. "I am Janar Tulan, a scholar by trade. And no worries, I know a thing or two about 'faith'." His face scrunched up in pain, as if he was reliving a bad memory. Then as quickly as it came, his foul mood passed. He was once again smiling. "Moldebrin, if I may call you such, you show a great deal of enthusiasm for your patron god. How did you come by the worship of Kronos? I must profess, despite my own feelings on the subject of religion, I am quite fascinated with the viewpoints of other individuals." He seemed eager to glean this knowledge out of Moldebrin, almost ecstatic even.

Zincorium
2008-02-12, 02:36 PM
Moldebrin slows his pace and ponders for a while before giving a reply.

"Well, in essence, what happened is quite possibly the only deathbed conversion that leaves the converted still ambulatory. I was a citizen of Tanzen before I made some poor decisions and ended up in the grasp of the armies of our current nation. Eventually, they decided that I would have to be... upgraded, as it were, to be any use. Taking stock of the state that my interrogation had left me in, they didn't go through the bother of actually killing me prior to the mummification process...

That day was more important to me than anything else that has ever happened in my existence. On that day, I saw the truth of Kronos, I felt the power and majesty of my dark lord sweep over me. And I simply knew that all other action was charade. While I understand only vague pieces of the greater plan, victory is inevitable."

By this point, Moldebrin is shoving through the crowds with furious motion, and his voice has gone from simply raspy to harsh and bitter. As a second of silence elapses, his rage seems to leave him, his posture returning to it's previous languid state.

"But enough about me."

Ghal Marak
2008-02-12, 04:12 PM
Janar nodded, painfully puting away all the questions that were welling up inside him. With luck, maybe he could ask them later. "Very well then. May I ask where you are leading me?" Janar was walking in the wake of Moldebrin, occasionally moving to avoid the other passersby. "I don't believe you have said as much to me yet."

Zincorium
2008-02-12, 10:05 PM
"Well, to speak freely of the entire mental process-" Moldebrin comes to an abrupt halt and jabs his finger forward like a small oddly shaped lance at a black cloaked figure ahead of them.

"Oh Kronos, what is that thing? It looks like a man wearing...a dead squid or something as a hat. I can't believe the standards fashion has fallen to these days."

Walking as quickly as a mummified person in full armor can, Moldebrin strolls directly up to Moss and looks him directly in the face from about an inch and a half away.

The Demented One
2008-02-12, 10:21 PM
Though they do not yet know it, the road Janar and Moldebrin walk down runs perpendicular to that Slaughterforged and Razor Bite are currently traveling, the roads of Ar Ghul being laid out in a geometrically precise gridwork. Their intersection is the site of the Wellspring of Frozen Tears, a fountain of unholy water that marks the borderline between the city's slums and the domains of the dead nobles. In the center of the fountain stands a towering statue of a withered, undead seraph, a monument erected by the vampire lord Sarga. In the darkness of the slums, it is almost impossible to make out the statue's features. They come to the fountain at around the same time, seeing each other clearly under the light of day. Meanwhile, another inhabitant of Ar Ghul, Moss, has already come to the fountain in his wanderings, perching under its shadow, where Moldebrin has come up to inspect him.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-12, 10:37 PM
Slaughterknife stops in the street, and knowing his fiendish companion is not too far behind or away he quickly trots over to Moldebrin with his jaws open slightly, bloodlust gleaming in his tiny red optic lenses and his bloodstained sword in his hand, which still drips with the blood of a slain mouse.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-13, 12:24 AM
Janar rolled his eyes at the debacle that Moldebrin was creating and looked away. How could he not know what a Mindflayer looks like, living in a city such as this? As he looked away, he happened to see the rather terrifying warforged stalk toward Moldebrin. Turning back to look at Moldebrin, Janar raised a hand and pointed at the warforged. "Um, Moldebrin, there seems to be an irate warforged fixated on either accosting you or your new acquaintance."

Zincorium
2008-02-13, 10:55 AM
Moldebrin sighs and pulls his bastard sword from it's scabbard.

"Yes, yes, but I was hoping that he would lose interest and go away. I can't imagine there'd be anything on me he'd actually want, and he will lose some structural integrity if he's not courteous enough to avoid stabbing me."

He turns and faces Slaughterknife, sword held loosely at it's side.

"Seriously now, what do you want? I'm trying to have an observation with this odd fellow and you insist on staring at me with your mouth open like some idiot child."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-13, 10:07 PM
The rageforged quickly ups his pace into a run as he takes his massive blade in both hands holding it high above his head and swings down as hard as possible. His metal jaw opens all the way and complete and utter profane menace gleams in his eyes and he swings down hard...
A small cloud of dust clears and Slaughterknife's sword has sunken several inches into the dirt next to Moldebrin's foot, only inches from ripping him open. Slaughterknife stands almost two feet taller than the mummy... leaning down with his sword in the ground, he faces him and lets out a horrible metallic rumble.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-13, 10:16 PM
[roll0]
Halt, Slaughter Knife! You'd better be nice to my friend, bag of bones. He gets testy when he hasn't killed anything in a long time. You see he's kind of an artist. And I'm his manager. Don't make me have him practice his craft on you, or you'll regret it.
A voice sounds from above, from an apparently invisible source. It breaks into giddy laughter, most akin to an insane cackle. The chuckling continues, along with bits of many different languages, some chanted, some mearly stated, but all from a different position.
Elven
Bandage man in bandages, saves time after he beat to death!
Draconic
Little bitty man, thought he had a plan, turned into a corpse and wound up dead by a can!
Celestial
He who looks down on strangers looks up at his better from a grave.
Abyssal
Rag man rag man run run run as fast as you can! Death of steel, death he deals, Death Jester laughs as buzzards get a meal!
The laughing and taunting finally stops as the invisible voice speaks slyly from another random position above.
Of course, we could work out a deal, if you wish to keep healthy... so to speak...

The Demented One
2008-02-13, 10:29 PM
Before Moldebrin can react, a voice rings out from in front of the group, a snide, haughty voice. "Put down your sword, crankshaft. All of you, stand down and listen to me." The owner of the voice comes into view, a vampire dressed in the uniform of the Undine Guard. He holds a drawn saber at his side, not menacingly, but ready. Behind him follow four pale, craven undead - vampire spawn. Despite the sunlight, the vampire and his minions walk unafraid, most likely warded against it by some means alchemic or magic.

The vampire walks towards the group, and pulls out a scroll. "I am searching for lost property belonging to the Empire of Undus, and this writ of conscription allows me to temporarily dragoon you for the purposes of finding it." he says, reading from the scroll. He looks up, and says, "In other words, you bastards are following my orders into we find what I'm looking for. You disobey, I'm well within my rights to take your head clean off...even you, crankshaft, don't think you'd be the first of your kind I've taken apart for scrap. Sh...the property was last seen going that way." he says, point with his sword down the street leading into the slums. "Follow me."

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-13, 11:09 PM
An imp appears on the rageforged massive shoulder, seemingly bored as it lay comfortably between the sharp protrusions.
Before we do anything, what's the pay? I'm not much of a patriot, as you can see I'm not from around here. And my friend "crankshaft" over here needs cash for more spiky bits.
Razor Bite yawns a bit, his ink black eyes half closed. He peers at Moldebrin, then winks and waves merrily.

The Demented One
2008-02-13, 11:23 PM
Annoyed, the vampire captain responds, "If, and only if, you are actually helpful in capturing the property, then I'll try to get some amount of recompense for you. Keep in mind that you don't have a choice in the matter. I've got a writ," He waves around the scroll, holding it like a field marshal's baton. [b]"So any pay you do get would be a gratuity from the nation of Undus, not payment."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-13, 11:28 PM
The rageforged's gaze is fixed on the vampire, he lets out another low rumble and yanks his sword out of the dirt, with a bit of resistance due to the depth at which the sword was stuck. He then stands to his full height of seven and two thirds of a foot tall.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-13, 11:43 PM
Writs don't mean a thing to me. What do I look like? Some undead serf you can command? I don't belong to your kingdom, or even your plane of existence, you silly piece of carrion.
Razor Bite's idle eyes turn into a glare. He rises to his full height, now impressive on his iron mount. As the metal giant pants, Razor looks down on the vampire and his ilk like a giant looking at an insect.
We don't take orders, and we don't follow laws. We make them. That being said, we DO take jobs for profit. If you can promise pay, we'll recover this property your voice stumbles over. If not, we'll find something else to do. Push the issue, and we'll leave. You can chase your own property, which im guessing you either don't have the time, or the ability to recover. Either way, you need us, as your only other choice is a bunch of mindless rot eaters. So do we have a job, or have you wasted our times with your idle threats?

The Demented One
2008-02-13, 11:44 PM
The vampire takes a look of scorn at Razor Bite. "This isn't an issue of citizenship or jurisdiction, little imp. This is a writ signed by the Lich-King himself, enforced by Undine steel. We in the Undine Guard pride ourselves on enforcing the imperial will, and if you think you're above our law, we'll take great pleasure in seeing to your end. Now, I've already offered to make sure you're duly rewarded, is there any need to be difficult? Let's just be done with this."

However, the vampire's smugness is disrupted by Slaughterknife's interruption. He looks somewhat puzzled by Slaughterknife's actions. He asks the imp on his shoulder, "What's that mean? Is it a yes?" His voice betrays a faint tone of nervousness, which is even more plain to see in his underlings, who cower behind him.

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-14, 01:39 AM
A gurgle erupted from the undead mind flayer that could only be known as mocking laughter. "The preachy one thinks us odd, Moss. he said, pointedly ignoring the follower of Kronos as he looked at the stone affixed to his bracer. "Perhaps we should eat what is left of his brain, then we can se who the odd one is.

His laughter continued, long after Moldebrin's attention had been turned elsewhere. It continued through the Vampire's speech, until finally he let up, turning to stare directly at the creature with his milky, pupil-less eyes.

<I will play your game,> came Moss' voice, projecting into the minds of those all around. <But only because this situation amuses me. But keep in mind, bloodsucker; you hold no power. In fact, I would be happy to lay waste to you and your minions right now.>

((OOC: Sorry it took me so long, guys. I've been having some connection problems. In fact, I'm running off my neighbor's wireless signal right now, so hopefully I can keep this up while my box problem is being fixed.))

Ghal Marak
2008-02-14, 10:07 AM
Janar stood with his mouth open, horrified. Conscripted? ME? Weakly, Janar added his voice to the others. "Sir, I… well… I don’t think… well that is to say… damn." He couldn’t think of any reason why he couldn’t do this. Hanging his head in defeat, he spoke up again. "Fine. I’ll go." He didn't like doing dangerous things when it didn't culminate in more gained knowledge, but he would just have to suffer through it.

The Demented One
2008-02-14, 12:54 PM
Still regarding the Slaughterforged warily, the vampire says, "That's you two, then. Will the rest of you be coming with them, or are we going to have to waste even more time here?"

Zincorium
2008-02-14, 01:40 PM
"Er, was there every any doubt I was coming? Unlike those two living mercenaries, I am always in the service of our liege."

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-14, 04:01 PM
Suck up.
Razor turns to the vampire.
We're in, but I can't promise you all of our "team mates" will make it back. Slaughterknife has his urges. Sometimes they're inconvenient, but he's just so darn cute you have to forgive him for them.

The Demented One
2008-02-14, 04:56 PM
"Excellent." the vampire says, with only the slightest hint of sarcasm. "The property we're looking for is a female undead, very small, like a child or a halfling. Looks like a zombie, but much smarter, and much faster. What I've been told is that it's not going to be a threat to you, but fighting it isn't the goal here; destroying the property would be very inconvenient. We've seen her going into the slums, and those are a big place, so I think it's best if we split up to search for her. I'll take my spawn with me." The vampire looks at Moldberin, saying "I'm leaving them in your hands, deadman. Sweep the streets, find either the property or any trace of it."

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-14, 05:15 PM
Moss turns to stare at Moldberin. Its impossible to tell just what is going through the insane aberration's mind, for not a sound can be heard from him; mental, or audible.

The Demented One
2008-02-15, 04:33 PM
"Alright then, you all look so...eager. We'll take Hillside Road down to where it crosses the Thicket Boulevard, and split up there. We've heard word from our irregulars that the property is in one of the tenements there. It's bad soil, but you look like you can take care of yourself." the vampire says, before heading down the road with his spawn.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-15, 05:16 PM
Slaughterknife follows the vampire with his imp companion on his spiked shoulder. He makes sure to follow down to where the road splits and takes the path that the vampire and his spawn do not, keeping his hand on his sword the whole while.

OOC: Hillside and Thicket, yes.

The Demented One
2008-02-16, 12:27 PM
With Slaughterknife and the imp on his shoulder leading the way, the group comes to Thicket Boulevard, the outdrifts of the Ar Ghul slums. They turn right, while the vampire and his crew turn left. The street is lined with what look to be ruined, dilapidated mansions, hideouts for undead criminals and lairs for the more abominable monstrosities that roam the city, as well as the slum tenements, jail-like buildings packed with the lesser undead. Narrow allies branch off from the main road, with promises of illicit goods and danger. As the two groups part, the captain calls out "She should be somewhere near here, so just search through any hiding place you could think of. If you find her, return to the fountain."

Ghal Marak
2008-02-17, 07:10 PM
Janar gave a cursory glance around the area, then turned to the others. "Where would we even start? It is a sizeable area we must cover for a being the size of a child."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-18, 02:39 AM
Slaughterknife looks at Janar as he speaks, and when he's done he goes over to a pile of debris next to a decrepit house and just begins swinging his sword at if to move it out of his way. A low metallic rumble issues from him as if he enjoys the mindless destruction.
He continues to do this all up and down the street in any place he might consider a hiding spot.
I don't actually have my sheet, but I'm fairly certain I had no ranks in search and an Int modifier of +0, so I'm rolling with that.
Search: [roll0]

The Demented One
2008-02-18, 02:20 PM
Slaughterknife's rummaging produces nothing like the property they're looking for. A handful of rotted meat, marred by ghoulish bite marks, a few grubby silver coins, and a freshly fallen bone, but no female undead.

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-18, 06:01 PM
Moss smirks at Slaughterknife's mindless destruction; knowing full well that all the rageforged was doing was turning the city into more of a mess.

Closing his eyes and tapping into the subtle psionic energies of his soul, the Seer's mind calls out to the undead girl, hoping to find out where she was hiding.

Moss attempts to become psionically focused. Concentration: 1d20+11
Trying again if it doesn't work the first time. 1d20+11

He then manifests Remote Viewing, trying to find the undead girl. DC 20

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-18, 06:10 PM
Here are the concentration rolls.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Ghal Marak
2008-02-18, 07:38 PM
Janar looked around again, and began searching earnest. Though, not quite as vigorous as the warforged.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-18, 08:03 PM
Slaughterknife rumbles a bit more, spending more time to cut through the crap of the houses. He goes up and down the street swinging his blade at anything he sees.
Taking 20 this time, making the search check... 20.

The Demented One
2008-02-18, 09:15 PM
Slaughterknife's search is again futile, but Moss's clairsentient scrying proves to be of use. His quasi-real view manifests within what appears to be a vast, spacious room, filled with a shambles of splintered furniture, torn portraits, and tarnished jewelry. Great arcing windows show the streets below, and the intersection of Hillside Road and Thicket Boulevard, where the party now stands, can be seen in the distance. Moss can see the target of pursuit, a female undead that looks like a prepubescent human child, or a adult halfling. He can't make out the exact features of her face through the blurry quasi-viewpoint, but he can sense her fear just from her body language. She seems to be cowering from something else in the room, hovering outside the range of sight of Moss's remote viewing.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-18, 10:29 PM
Razor appears to be lounging on Slaughter Knife's shoulder. In all actuallity, he is searching the area with an intense gaze.
Where are you...

Search [roll0]

The Demented One
2008-02-18, 10:58 PM
Razor Bite and Janar notices a faint trail of spilled ichor, leading down the boulevard. He notices a few hand and foot-prints around the trail, but cannot track whatever made them.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-18, 11:21 PM
((Sorry, forgot the roll. [roll0]))

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-19, 11:12 PM
I'm emoting a bit for Razor Bite just a little to keep it moving.
Slaughterknife turns his head when Razor Bite taps between his plates to his livewood core and points at the ichor trail. He lets out what can only be described as an unnatural bark and trots toward it and taking a hint, begins to follow the black goo.

The Demented One
2008-02-19, 11:16 PM
The trail of gore goes on for a few hundred yards, a faint but unbroken line of ichor. It seems to come to an abrupt stop as it reaches one of the once-grand, dilapidated mansions of Ar Ghul. It was once a clearly opulent mansion, but now seems badly-aged and ruined, the architecture looking as if it is sinking in on itself. The paint is all but gone, the bare bricks staring out side by side with dusty or shattered arch windows. A loosely held-together chimney juts out from the roof, doubtlessly full of cobwebs from the apparent years of disuse. The front door sags outwards slightly on its hinges, a few stones falling through the crack.

OOC: Anyone wanting more info on the mansion should make a Knowledge (Local) or (History) check. Anyone wanting to try to pick the trail back up should make a Search check.

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-20, 12:08 AM
Muttering quietly to himself, Moss comes out of his scrying, and follows after the hulking rageforged. But not because he believes that Slaughterknife has found something out. It is simply because they both heading along the same road to the mansion.

Zincorium
2008-02-21, 04:42 AM
Drifting along slowly searching the rubble in a way that betrays his lack of skill, Moldebrin grows gradually more and more frustrated at the lack of anything worth looking at in his section.

Hearing the rageforged bark, a sound unlikely to come from any of the dead, Moldebrin begins moving as fast as he can towards the source of the noise, hoping that another of the party has had more luck.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-21, 03:35 PM
Janar sighed as he stepped back from the pile of refuse he was searching through. He wasn't cut out for this grunt work. He turned to speak to Moldebrin only to find him running off. "Have we already found it? Wait for me!" Janar sets off after Moldebrin in a more dignified fast walk.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-22, 02:42 AM
He walks over to the door, taking the door by the knob and pretty much tearing it off of it's broken hinges, and looking at the rocks in the way. He realizes he probably can't get through them and walks back about 30 feet and turns and runs at the house, finding the closest window and jumping right through it.
Jump: [roll0]

Zincorium
2008-02-24, 07:06 AM
"Yes, it appears that someone found something. Or that someone decided to go on a spree of destruction completely unrelated to the task at hand but somehow entertaining in it's randomness and absurdity. Your thoughts, Moss and Janar?"

Moldebrin casts detect magic to see if any of the local surroundings comes off as anything other than the general miasma of indestinct necromancy.

Ghal Marak
2008-02-24, 10:15 PM
Janar shrugged once he had caught up with the others. "Our metallic companion may very well be onto something. Though, as you have so eloquently said, this could merely be a side tangent." Janar looked around them at the various houses around them. "Shall we wait here then?"

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-24, 11:49 PM
It's not him, you fools! It's me! But this IS a HELL OF A RIDE!!
Razor Bite laughs gleefully as the monstrous metal battering ram pursued the direct route.

The Demented One
2008-02-25, 10:45 PM
Slaughterknife's leap takes him and Razor Bite directly into the mansion's antechamber, and leaves a convenient warforged-sized hole in the wall of the dilapidated mansion. Inside, they see a large room, filled with rubble, and what looks to be aged, decaying furniture. A large spiral staircase leads up to the second floor, and in front of that is one of the stranger sights to be seen in Arcnus Mortis.

A wobby table has been propped up, and sitting around it are a quartet of undead. Two are large, animated skeletons of some monstrous humanoid, while another is a hulking zombie, perhaps an ogre or an overgrown orc. They wear what would seem to be servant's uniforms, tattered red vests and small red silk caps that are worn down by the assaults of ghoul-moths. The final undead is the strangest of all, looking to be cobbled together from three separate skeletons, its three skulls bickering amongst each other. Only a pair of each of its limbs seem to be functional, the rest flailing uselessly. It wears what seems to be a tuxedo, a black jacket with a cummerbund and a decaying bow tie. From the cards scattered on the table, they seem to have been playing dead man's hand or a similar game, but Slaughterknife's entrance has put them on alert. The skeletal butler yells out, "None enter Longshank Manor, not while the master is busy! YOU'LL HAVE TO GET AN APPOINTMENT!" Seemingly bewildered from what must have been a long exile in the collapsed manor, the three-headed skeleton runs at you, brandishing a long cane looking to be made from the spine of some poor creature, and the undead servants follow it.

One of the hulking skeletons moves towards Slaughterknife, lashing out with a bony claw. The claw rakes through his armored plating, causing a light ooze of oil to flow from the furrow in the slaughterforged's armor. (10 damage)

Initiative
Skeleton Servant #1 (23)
Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3392/battlemap1copyjc9.jpg

RB: Razor Bite
SL: Slaughterknife
B: Skeleton Butler
S1: Skeleton Servant #1
S2: Skeleton Servant #2
Z: Zombie Servant
Grey Circle: Stairs
Brown Circles: Rubble, treated as difficult terrain


OOC: I'll roll initiative for the rest of you once you enter.

Moldebrin's detect magic did not detect any auras.

purepolarpanzer
2008-02-27, 11:25 PM
With a flap of his small wings, Razor Bite is off, diving for speed, skimming the floor. Using his momentum, he slices through the air around the skeleton, spinning like a drill to avoid any attacks that come his way. As he passes by, his inky eyes grow large and eager.
Time to die again, my friend!
Cutting around at a breakneck speed, Razor Bite's dagger-sized tail lashes out as he zooms straight up in the air.
My gifted eyes see more than you corpses know. Levakross let me see your secrets. You may not have a throat to slice or a heart to stop, but you do have points where your necromantic energy is stored. Take those out, and your dust.
Tumble Check- [roll0]. Moving one square to the up, one diagonal behind skeleton, and then the rest of my move as high up as he can fly or till he hits the ceiling. That's 10 ft up, I believe, and 15 to get behind, at half for tumbling. Go perfect fly speed. Sneak Attack, with Death's Ruin- to hit (+2 for flanking) [roll1] to hit and [roll2] damage, [roll3] Sneak Attack.
EDIT- Accidentaly did 1d4x2 instead of +2, so damage is 5, not 6.

Zincorium
2008-02-28, 01:36 AM
Moldebrin moves to where he can see what's going on through the window, and if he can see that slaughterknife and razorbite are in combat, he begins casting mass lesser Vigor on his teammates.

The Demented One
2008-02-29, 12:16 AM
Razor Bite's attack cracks the skeleton's right arm, speading hairline fractures throughout it. It gives an audible groan in response to the strike, though still able to fight. However, Razor Bite's deft tumbling prevents the skeleton from being able to get a blow in edgewise.

The second skeleton follows up the first's attack, coming up alongside Slaughterknife and attacking the construct. However, its flailing blow is dodged by Slaughterknife, striking only the air.

Meanwhile, the three-headed skeletal butler takes a step to the left, lifts his cane, and aims it like a crossbow at Razor Bite. Its three heads muttering to each other - "A little to the right", "No, just an oonce to the left", "Just shoot it!" The tip of the skeletal cane explodes, launching a bony shard at the flying imp. The shard successfully strikes the imp, piercing his arm. (9 damage)

Peering in through the window, Moldebrin raises his hands and casts a spell over his allies, imbuing them with healing magic.

Finally, the ponderous zombie lumbers towards Slaughterknife. It halts a few feet away, too slow to actually attack the construct.

Initiative

Initiative
Skeleton Servant #1 (23)
Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moldebrin (12)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5985/battlemap1copysa1.jpg

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-02-29, 12:51 AM
The ungodly automaton unconsciously moves trying to react to the skeletal creatures, unable to dodge one of them. Once the clawed hand rips at his livewood core he stiffens and his metal jaw opens slightly...
His eyes gleam red and a raging howl issues from his open maw, reverberating as if in a metal encasement, the simple hatred in his gleaming eyes quickly turns to even more simple lust for blood. He quickly takes his twisted blade in both hands and holds it high over his head, aimed for the skeleton that cut him and swings as hard as he can two times.
Raging, -4 for Power Attack, +8 damage.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]
(Extra 1d6 for damage due to punishing stance)

Ellas Aramond
2008-02-29, 01:14 AM
Hearing the commotion the fight, Moss dashes towards it, using the large holes that Slaughterknife made.

"An interesting creature, it is indeed, Moss." the insane Mind Flayer babbles. "Let us see how it looks when it is unmoving." Letting out a chuckle, Moss levels his undead finger at the foes, firing a ray of flame out.

Moss moves to where he has a line of sight, then spends 6 power points on Energy Ray (fire), shooting it at the Three-headed butler.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ghal Marak
2008-02-29, 01:15 AM
((How high is this window?))

The Demented One
2008-02-29, 12:59 PM
OOC:


((How high is this window?))
The hole in the wall (which is more than just the window) is 5 ft. high, 15 ft. wide).

The Demented One
2008-02-29, 05:37 PM
Slaughterknife's attack hits the skeleton hard, causing it to reel back. Hairline fractures spread throughout its whole skeleton, and it crumbles to pieces even as it tries to make one last desperate counterattack. It goes up in a cloud of dust, leaving Slaughterknife caked with bonemeal. Meanwhile, Moldebrin's healing spell runs its course through the construct, repairing some of the more minor damage he has incurred. (Heal 1 hp)

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5303/battlemap1copyup8.jpg

Ghal Marak
2008-02-29, 07:58 PM
Janar didn't want to get near the fight at all, but logic dictated that if the mission given them was to be completed he would need to step in. He concentrated on that hard, dark core within his soul, and directed the energies to the soles of his feet. Once done, he simply walked up the wall and entered the room. After that he walked up the wall to remain out of most of the skeletons attack range. "Need some help good fellows?"

The Demented One
2008-02-29, 08:48 PM
OOC:

I've edited Janar into the initiative order, just waiting on Razor Bite to go.

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-02, 06:02 PM
-5 to 9 damage unless silver or holy, and healing 2 for fast healing for 58/60 hp.

Razor Bite wheels as the crossbow bolt rips through his arm, but laughs as the hole begins to seal immediately.
Seems like you came ill equiped. Too bad.
With a giddy laugh, he cuts around the zombie to flank the skeleton flailing against his iron death machine. Aiming at the neck, he makes a dive bomb for a node of necromantic energy.
[roll0] and to hurt- [roll1] [roll2] Heading up once, right three, then down three, left into hitting the skeleton, then flying 10 ft up again.

The Demented One
2008-03-02, 10:22 PM
Razor Bite's attack hits home, but doesn't seem to be terribly effective, leaving only a slight gash in the skeleton's collar bone.

The skeleton ignores the imp flitting above it, instead turning its attention to Slaughterknife. It flails out with its claws and its bony fangs. Its jaws are rebuffed by Slaughterknife's thick composite armor, but its claws hit home, leaving great gashes that ooze oil in the construct's body. (16 damage)

The skeletal butler, seeing his first attack fails, lets loose another shard of flying bone at Razor Bite. However, the imp spritefully doges the ossified shard, which embeds itself into the crumbling molding of the antechamber.

Moss moves into position to get a clear shot at the butler, coming in through the window and brushing past Slaughterknife. The blast of fire he manifests strikes the three-headed skeleton square in its heads. One of its three skulls bursts into flames, and is reduced to ashes. Its two heads stare agape at the smoldering stump of there lost companion, and chatter with rage.

Janar enters the room, climbing up to the top of the wall to survey the room.

The zombie takes aim at Slaughterknife and launches a clumsy blow at it, but its rotted fist merely bounces off the construct's reinforced chestplate.

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7365/battlemap1copydf9.jpg

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-03, 08:52 PM
The raging automaton bellows in anger, but not in pain as the skeleton rips away some of his livewood core. Slaughterknife then begins to swing his blade at the skeleton, reducing some of his accuracy for raw power. As he swings there's an unnatural metallic rumble coming from deep within him, vestigially happy with the violence he's creating, even if it has no blood or pain.
-5 for power attack, +10 to damage.
Attack 1(+2 for flanking): [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2(+2 for flanking): [roll2]
Damage 1: [roll3]
And again, +1d6 damage included for Punishing Stance.
Edit: If I kill it in one hit, direct the second attack at the zombie.

The Demented One
2008-03-04, 09:50 PM
Slaughterknife's blade sings through the air, striking both the skeleton and the zombie. The skeleton is devastated by the attack, minute cracks spreading throughout all its body. It likes like a touch would be all it takes to reduce it to a pile of bonemeal. His second stroke deftly impacts the zombie, removing the upper half of its head, exposing its decayed brain. Its eyeballs, freed of the upper half of their sockets, hang down, lolling gently back and forth.

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7365/battlemap1copydf9.jpg

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-04, 10:20 PM
Seeing the minor effect his blows are having, Razor Bite curses in half a dozen languages.
Damn undead are still tough to handle! What I'd give for a nice juicy elf right now! It wouldn't last a second under my sting! But maybe I can help in another way...
Twirling through the air, he passes by both his undead adversaries. While in flight, he snaps his fingers and insantly becomes invisible. Continuing on for a few more feet, he then yells to the skeleton butler.
Hey! Seems your missing a friend, moron!
Tumble [roll0] Moving 15 ft foreword, becoming invisible, then 5 ft left. Is there any way I can run a "piss him off so he shoots into the air" check?

Ghal Marak
2008-03-04, 11:01 PM
Janar analyzed the battle field, and selected the Butler as the most threatening opponent.. at least to himself. He raised his hand and pointed at the butler. Once again siphoning off power from that hard knot of power within his soul, his hand emits a ruddy ray that leaps out to strike the butler.

The Attack is a Brimstone Blast. Reflex DC to avoid catching fire is 16.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Ellas Aramond
2008-03-04, 11:13 PM
"This city is foolish, Moss." the Mind Flayer mutters has he prepares to blast the butler once again. "Skeletons walking around, serving no one. What is the point!"

Moss once again spends 6 power points to blast the butler with fire.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-04, 11:28 PM
Bluff it is [roll]1d20+12

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-04, 11:30 PM
Damn. [roll0]

The Demented One
2008-03-04, 11:48 PM
Razor Bite tries to provoke the skeletal butler, but his taunts seem inneffective. Rather than rashly attacking, the two skulls simply glare towards the space where they last saw the imp, and call out "One might be gone, but just wait until...the master...is in!"

The badly damaged skeleton seeks to escape, withdrawing from melee with Slaughterknife. It retreats, cowering among the rubble and hoping to recuperate.

The butler, seeing the wounded skeleton's retreat, takes measures to aid it. It waves its skeletal cane, the tip of which glows with an eldritch luminosity. A similar light begins to come from Moss's body, illuminating his skeleton through his reanimated body. There is a sickening crunch, and a scant few shards of bone are torn from his skeleton, ripped out of his body (3 damage). The shards float lazily over to the cowering skeleton, and seem to fuse with its own bones, healing its wounds somewhat.

Moss lets out another stream of psionic fire, but the butler neatly sidesteps it. The ray impacts the staircase, causing part of the handrail to collapse into ash, but nothing more.

Moldebrin's Turn

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7259/battlemap1copyjr7.jpg

Zincorium
2008-03-05, 10:53 PM
Watching as his companions leap, flutter, and crawl through the window, Moldebrin shrugs and attempts to join them. "I don't suppose this is actually, in some obscure way, helping us? We seem to be burgling rather than investigating, but I'm willing to be shown why that impression is mistaken once we're out of this er... situation. That we have ourselves in."

If moldebrin can get through the window with a standard action left, he casts bull's strength on himself.

The Demented One
2008-03-06, 09:46 PM
Moldebrin makes his way through the window, taking a place by Slaughterknife. He casts a spell on himself, causing his mummified muscles to bulge, fortified with magical strength.

From his place on the wall, Janar lets forth an eldritch bolt of flaming brimstone, aimed at the two-headed butler. However, his firebolt fairs no better than Moss's, striking the floor near the butler's feet, harmlessly toasting its bony toes.

The zombie winds up for another cumbersome blow, aiming this time at Moldebrin. The attack is a direct hit, but the mummy priest's enchanted armor rebuffs it, the recoil shearing the flesh of a few of the zombie's fingers.

Slaughterknife's Turn

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3316/battlemap1copyfs7.jpg

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-06, 11:27 PM
Slaughterknife roars in animalistic revile and pushes past the decayed Illithid(Assuming he lets me pass). He holds his sword high as he runs toward the skeletal butler, holding his blade high and ready to collide with the undead creature. He reaches the abomination and swings hard, roaring unnaturally.
Power Attack, -5 for +10.
Hit: [roll0]
Hurt: [roll1]

The Demented One
2008-03-06, 11:38 PM
Slaughterknife's attack goes wild, just barely missing the butler. The two-headed skeleton mocks the construct with a voice like a beetle's skittering, "Why's the crankshaft man so upsets? Do you think he wants to wear our fancy vest and our bow tie? Do you think he wants to bring the master his tea? Do you think he wants to eat our cake in the kitchen? WELL HE CAN'T! IT'S OUR CAKE!"

Razor Bite's turn.

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5581/battlemap1copyre0.jpg

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-09, 10:27 PM
Razor Bite flys behind the butler, unseen, and aims his sting at the kneecap of the undead, hoping to cut energy to the skeleton's leg, leaving it helpless so Slaughterknife can smash it to pieces. He reappears with a smile on his face, hoping to distract the undead long enough for his iron companion to crush it.
My friend here is going to crush you, bone head. And I mean CRUSH you. To a fine powder. I might even make tea from you. I hear necromantic energy is good for the bowels.
Flanking. Going for a Hamstring- 1/2 speed until heal check or magical healing if I hit. To Hit- [roll0] Damage- [roll1]

The Demented One
2008-03-11, 09:19 PM
Razor Bite's sting is like a wedge straight into the butler's knee joint, ripping it apart with a unpleasant crack. The butler's right leg hangs off at an odd angle - still connected and functional, but only barely.

The badly damaged skeleton moves back into combat, getting behind Slaughterknife. It might be called bravery, if the nearly-destroyed skeleton were capable of thought. It lashes out with a claw, managing to gouge through Slaughterknife's plating. Oily liquid begins to flow from the fresh wound, but the leak soon stops. (7 damage)

The butler turns on the now-visible imp, raising his skeletal cane and pointing it at Razor Bite. Once again, its tip begins to glow, and this time it is Razor Bite who can feel an eldritch tug at his bones. However, with great force of will, the imp is able to resist the butler's magic, rendering his spell futile.

Moss's Turn.

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Zombie Servant (9)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4193/battlemap1copyuj1.jpg

Ellas Aramond
2008-03-11, 10:19 PM
Moving to the right as to get a better view of the butler, Moss' tentacles writher in rage.

<"The butler seems to enjoy cake."> He says both audibly and psionically. <"But does he truly understand the nature of cake? I don't think he does. It is one of the great mysteries, after all. If he did, then this would become clear to him. THE CAKE. IS. A. LIE!!!">

Sending his arm in a great sweep. Moss uses his rage-fueled powers to lift one of the great tables in the hall, and sends it flying at the butler.

Moss moves diagonally forward and right to get a line of sight to the butler. Once there, he manifests Telekinetic Thrust to send the heaviest object that is in range (presumably a table) and sends it flying at the butler.

I don't know how much damage to deal, but I will make an attack roll.

[roll0]

Ghal Marak
2008-03-11, 10:45 PM
Janar reconsidered his choice of target, and directed his blast at the Zombie.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Zincorium
2008-03-12, 04:04 AM
Moldebrin

Stumbling into the zombie after clambering gracelessly through the window, Moldebrin shrugs, draws his bastard sword, and aims a powerful swing with the unholy weapon at the scalp-less zombie.

"This is getting old already, you stupid shamblers."


To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

The Demented One
2008-03-13, 09:13 PM
Moss's telekinetic powers lift up the table the undead had been previously playing cards at, and hurl it towards the butler. However, the table never hits the skeletal manservant, hitting the ground near and shattering harmlessly into splinters instead.

Moldebrin's sword hits the zombie to devastating effect, splattering organs and ichor everywhere in a fan-like spray. The zombie's torso has been torn open, and its skeleton is clearly visible. A blast of flames from Janar finishes it, causing it to burst into fire before crumbling to ashes.

Slaughterknife's Turn

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8056/battlemap1copyfb1.jpg

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-13, 09:29 PM
Slaughterknife roars when Razor Bite finishes taunting the skeletal butler, he's enjoying the praise as a creator of death he is being given, apparently...
He holds his sword high and swings down hard, aiming his best at the creature of bones. He then takes a second blow at it, slightly less accurate than the first.
Lastly, in his flurrying rage he swings one of his massive forearms after releasing it from his sword and he roars again, even louder.
-4 for power attack, +8 damage for sword, +4 for slam.
Hit 1: [roll0]
Hurt 1: [roll1]
Hit 2: [roll2]
Hurt 2: [roll3]
Slam: [roll4]
Slam hurt: [roll5] + [roll6]
Edit: Dammit, forgot to minus for Power Attack, so the attacks are 33, 14 and 15.

The Demented One
2008-03-13, 09:39 PM
Only one of Slaughterknife's attacks hits, but it's enough to cut one of the skeletal butler's skulls cleanly in twain, causing it to fall to the ground, not to mention gouging the servant's spine nearly all the way through. The fallen skull-halves chatter briefly, before going silent.

Razor Bite's Turn

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Skeleton Butler (19)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3808/battlemap1copyxr4.jpg

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-13, 10:35 PM
Razor Bite, sensing weakness in his foe, goes all out. Rather than try for a crippling blow, he simply lands on his opponent and repeatedly jabs his stinger into an energy node. He giggles madly stabbing at the bone.
DIE DIE DIE AGAIN!!!
TO Hit 1[roll0] to Hurt 1 [roll1] and [roll2] Sneaker. Then To hit 2 [roll3]To Hurt [roll4] Sneaker [roll5]

The Demented One
2008-03-15, 10:54 PM
Razor Bite's sting deals a fatal blow to the skeletal butler. Its last head calls out "Mast- before it crumbles into a pile of bones, its animating force dispelled.

Seeing its companion destroyed, the skeletal servant makes a desperate attack on Slaughterknife, flailing out at him. One of its claws hits on one of the gouges already carved into the construct, and tears it open once more, inflicting serious damage on it. (12 damage

Moss's Turn.

Initiative

Razor Bite (23)
Skeleton Servant #2 (20)
Moss (15)
Moldebrin (12)
Janar (11)
Slaughterknife (3)

Map

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3808/battlemap1copyxr4.jpg

The Demented One
2008-03-21, 10:53 AM
Moss moves to come in line with the last skeleton, and fires off a burning ray from one of his fingers. The skeleton catches fire, and slowly chars away, leaving a pile of ash.

Encounter Completed. Everyone receives 600 xp.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-22, 05:52 AM
Slaughterknife lets out another deep, unnatural roar and slams his sword into the floor before seeming to relax and and calm himself. He then looks around at the room and takes it all in, now more capable of seeing the world without a bloody tint in his eyes, eyes that only sought blood(not that they don't still).
"Is the child here?" he says raggedly and deeply.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-22, 01:22 PM
Janar let the fell energies within him subside and walked down the wall to the floor. He then walked over to the Slaughterknife and crossed his arms. "You don't know if she is here?!? So we just massacred innocent civilians? Well, maybe not innocent, but they were civilians."

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-22, 02:14 PM
The large rageforged looks down at the undead warlock to stand before him. He leans down to get eye to eye with him and violently stabs his massive saw-toothed sword into the ground next to Janar's feet and doesn't answer... just rumbles as he so often does, allowing his tiny companion to do the speaking for him.

Zincorium
2008-03-22, 06:56 PM
Moldebrin

"If you're not busy, I'd be interested as well in knowing exactly why this intrusion occurred. If it has anything, anything at all, to do with our quest, I'll continue my acquiescence to your ideas. But if this was some random spree of destruction? Then I hope you've got a healthy repair budget."

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-22, 08:39 PM
Nice words. Maybe you could do something constructive, like healing my friend? Since we did all the work, and he's the one who took all the abuse?
Razor Bite lands on the iron man's shoulders, his own wounds healed completely.

Zincorium
2008-03-22, 10:52 PM
"Being the object of abuse is never an admirable characteristic, and it becomes even less noble if there's no purpose behind it, something I'm growing more certain of as no one answers my query. Nevertheless, I suppose I'm the only option for the clanking behemoth to remain upright. I'm not sure if the spell I already cast on you to repair the damage did much, but I've got another option. While it may have been intended as a disciplinary measure, it should do the trick."

Moldebrin digs into his pouches and pulls out a wand, jabbing spitefully at slaughterknife with the business end. He continues this until the rageforged either snaps and attacks him or is in as good a shape as he was when moldebrin first met him.

(ooc: let me know how many charges it takes, demented)

The Demented One
2008-03-23, 12:10 AM
OOC:

Fully healed in 16 charges.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-23, 04:46 PM
The walking, iron kill-tank stands there and allows the divine mummy to heal his wounds. He lets out a low metallic grunt when he's fully healed and look back at Janar before taking the sword out of the ground and standing upright.

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-26, 11:07 AM
Fine then. Happy to oblige. Next time we sit back and you take all the damage. In fact, I’ll wrap myself in linen and shout random mutterings at people while you stand up to the hoards of attacking undead. Nice plan.

Razor Bite makes a rude gesture at the mummy, laughing the whole time in his head.

I like this guy. He amuses me.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-27, 01:38 AM
The rageforged turns his attention away from Moldebrin a few moments after his infernal companion stops speaking to him. He then lets out a shallow rumble and turns to the stairs and walks toward them. "I will find the child. And I will find fleshies to cut..."
When he walks the sound of wood creaking and metal scraping against metal is somewhat audible.

Ghal Marak
2008-03-28, 06:55 PM
Janar shrugged. "Well, we might as well search this abode. You never know what we might turn up." He cast a look around the room before he started up the stairs. "I'l check around up here."

The Demented One
2008-03-28, 08:54 PM
For the most part, the room is empty. A few interesting trinkets can be found, but most are smashed or derelict beyond use. A search of the skeletal butler's remains, however, turns up a leather bandolier strapped to one of its fused hips, to which six tubes have been strapped, each containing a scroll, along with a burgeoning wallet filled with odd coins, seemingly made of a glassy black stone, shot through with red veins. None of you can recognize the coin on first glance it's apparently foreign, or extremely old.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-30, 02:47 PM
Slaughterknife looks around for a moment and speaks up, "...She's not in here." Hefting up his blade he walks to the wall closest to the core of the house and slams his blade into it.
I doubt I have to roll for attack against the wall of a house, and thus I'm taking a full power attack.
Damage: [roll0]

Zincorium
2008-03-30, 08:11 PM
Moldebrin

"That's just wonderful then. She's not here, we are, a bunch of smashed sycophants lies at our feet, and there's not a damned clue lying around anywhere. And either none of you who instigated this knows why, or you're just being a bunch of nonces and refusing to say. Most likely because you'll look even more foolish than we all do already."

Moldebrin pauses and kicks one of the zombies heads.

"I'm starting to feel a bit perturbed, if you haven't already grasped the fact."

purepolarpanzer
2008-03-30, 11:33 PM
Don't act like it wasn't fun. The butler alone was worth it, just to see the look on his face as I killed him.
Razor Bite crawls down around Slaughter Knife's neck, purring slightly as he talked to his friend.
You had fun, didn't you? Did you like crushing the life from those beings? Slicing their already dead bones and taking away their deathly strength? Did you like it, my friend?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-06, 01:49 AM
The Demented One's on an internet ban until his grades are up, so we just need to pause. Kind of the same as last time, but let's stay in this one, shall we?

Zincorium
2008-04-06, 06:51 AM
I'm afraid that's not gonna work out well- past the 14th of this month I won't even be in the states anymore, and my internet access will be spotty to non-existent after this tuesday. Sorry for not being able to continue this, I've had a lot of fun and it's gone fairly well.

Sorry if this seems abrupt, I tend to put things off when I'm not sure how best to deal with them.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-06, 05:42 PM
I'm afraid that's not gonna work out well- past the 14th of this month I won't even be in the states anymore, and my internet access will be spotty to non-existent after this tuesday. Sorry for not being able to continue this, I've had a lot of fun and it's gone fairly well.

Sorry if this seems abrupt, I tend to put things off when I'm not sure how best to deal with them.

Wow that... sucks.:smallfrown:

purepolarpanzer
2008-04-06, 10:52 PM
Damn. So who's here?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-04-09, 05:01 AM
Damn. So who's here?

I'm definitely still here.

Ghal Marak
2008-04-10, 10:21 PM
I'm here now. Sorry I dropped off the map like that. I hope you guys noticed my Sig when I had changed it before I left to go house sit for my aunt. So... what do we do now? Wait it out?