PDA

View Full Version : 01001001

alchemyprime
2008-02-10, 01:40 AM
You see yourself in a large room. Seven other individuals fill the room. Yourself and six of the other people have formed a circle around a barefoot man in brown pants, a simple tunic and a long, white cloak. He wears a small pair of spectacles. His hair constantly fluctuates in length, almost like flowing water, howerever it is always short in the front, no matter how long it is in the back. His eyes change color and shape, his features constantly shift. Needless to say, you can't pinpoint who he is or a description of him because IT CHANGES EVERY TIME ANYTHING HAPPENS.

On the walls around you are long strings of ones and zeros. To show the wall to what you hope is the north:

01001001 00100000 01000001 01101101 00100000 01010100 01100001 01101110 01101110 01100101 01110010 00101110 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110011 01101001 01100100 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101100 01100001 01100001 01100100 00101110 00100000 01010100 01110101 01110010 01110001 01110101 01101111 01101001 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100010 01101001 01100011 01111001 01100011 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101111 01100101 00100000 01100110 01101001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01100001 01100011 01110100 01110101 01100001 01101100 01101001 01111010 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100001 01100100 01101001 01110011 01101000 01100101 01110011 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101110 01101100 01111001 00101110

The man of all or nothing features looks at you all. He smiles. Maybe she. You could of sworn he had breasts a second ago, but he's a he now.
"Hello all. How are you today? Oh, and please introduce yourselves. I know all of your names, but it would still be polite to do so for your accomplices."

"THE WONDEROUS SERVANT OF THE CHANGING MASTER AGREES ALOUD AMONG THE AMAZED-"
You look up to see a 12 foot wide purple spider with a human skull for a head grinning at you all.
The man chuckles. "I'm glad you agree, my friend."

Please, introduce yourselves.

Greyen
2008-02-10, 02:00 AM
Dalam

A wild looking halfling sits atop a 9 foot long weasel. Both are slightly dirty, as if unwashed after a long travel through the wilds. The halfling is a pretty averagespeciman with brown hair and brown eyes. He wears light traveling leathers under a shiny green suit of scale armor. A scimitar is hung from a leatehr belt covered in moon stones. A shield is hung from a harness that the weasel wears. The a slightly raspy, as if unused voive sounds in your heads I am Dalam, and this is Twitch. the halfling pats the weasel's side and then straightens You can call me Dal.

Kyeudo
2008-02-10, 02:08 AM
Thorg

"Where Thorg? Why Thorg Here? How Throg get here? Who you? Why you look funny?" The brutish looking half-orc apears puzzled, as if suddenly yanked from a dockside tavern. Large, elaborate tatoos scroll down the half-orc's biceps, one of a red dragon and the other of a vicious kraken, with tentacles outstreched and about to strike. His leather clothing is dirty and stained, but otherwise in good condition.

alchemyprime
2008-02-10, 02:26 AM
The man sighs and smiles. "Thorg. The preists who wear the butterfly are my own. I am Tanner, the Lord of Evolution. Though Lady Alusia, a deity even stronger than Pelor or Morintu, has told us gods to take a lesser role in guiding the world, I have seen I needed the help of others. Others such as good old Thorg."

The spider giggles like and idiot. Tanner looks up to the spider and back to the people. "And this is the Weaver. This is... I think he is Coconut Bonbon Weaver now. He was Glass Filled Halway With Water Weaver before. But you may call him Weaver. He is one of my handservants. Better than slaads at being... chaotic..." Tanner smiled and looked about some more. "Thank you for introducing me to this fine Twitch, young Dalam. Now, the rest of you, respond please."

de-trick
2008-02-10, 02:43 AM
Andreas

A elf with his left part of his faced covered sits crossed leggedHello Tanner I am Andreas Goldenbow I am a traveler, a hunter, tracker and slayer of...Andreas looks at the half-orc for a second, then removes his covering on his face And slayer of the creatures who did thisA huge scare is on the elf's left checkIf my skills are needed I shall help in anyway I can

CLouD2002
2008-02-10, 02:56 AM
A creature in a black hooded cloak that looked to be the size of everyone else was part of the seven...but then the creature moved....upward...apparently this creature was just kneeling.....Standing this creature easily cleared the seven foot mark and was making it into the eight foot...The creatures hands came out from underneath the cloak to reveal that his nails were not nails but claws...The hand then pulled the hood back to reveal a mix between a human like face...and a lizard. Underneath his cloak there were glimpses of some type of armor and on his back he wore a sword that was almost as tall as him.

Caleb blinked at his surroundings. He could not remember what he was doing last...but now he was here...What had happen? Why was he here? Had they found him? Caleb's eyes shifted to one person to the next...His big lizardlike hand finding his way to the hilt of his sword on his back...He did not unseeth the rather large greatsword out of it resting place...not yet anyway.... He was not one to judge people by their looks....for he himself looked like a freak himself. He looked to the ever changing "someone" and spoke in a questioning tone

"What magic brought me here? And why cant i remember what i was doing?" Caleb was clearly being cautious...but not without good reason..."If you say you know are names why cant you introduce us instead of each of us giving up are names so easily? For all we know...you dont know are names"

Greyen
2008-02-10, 03:53 AM
Dal

Dal looks at the somewhat hostile lizard thing. Telepathically to Caleb, Dal says in his raspy little voice Well, if he is powerful enough to pull us across the framework of the planes, then hostilities with him would be foolish. But if you insist on killing yourself, that is your choice.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-10, 05:08 AM
Touching the wall, a young man of average height stands transfixed by the sequence of numbers.

"Fascinating" he says.

He is quite a handsome fellow, with strong angular facial features. His good looks are accentuated by the purple and gold cloak he wears. You catch a glimpse of some shiny metal shirt that seems to waver between reality and etherealness.

Holding back dusty brown hair from his face is a platinum circlet set with a small green gem.

That's when he notices the presence of the rest of the people in the room.

"Oh, pardon me for being rude. Sometimes I get quite caught up in what I'm doing."

"Razael Al'kor, at your service." he says with a flourish of a bow.

CLouD2002
2008-02-10, 11:17 AM
Caleb smiles as he hears some words enter into his mind. This guy didnt have teeth but very long and very sharp looking fangs....it looked as though this guy could gnaw off someones leg with them....

Caleb spoke again "Hostility and cautiousness are two totally different things. If i were to be hostile i would have already pulled out my sword...i am merely being cautious. I asked some questions that i think have a right to be answered..." He again looked to the strange "someone" to the center of the 7

Zimmia
2008-02-10, 11:56 AM
Vashti

A gnome with a red-orangish color to her skin and red orange hair many shades brighter looks around her with bright eyes, almost as though she can't tell what to concentrate on, moving now back and forth between Caleb and Weaver, her expression one of wonder.

"Well, I'm certain that I don't know exactly how I came to be here, but this has got to be worth while. It's not every day that I get to meet such interesting new friends! Isn't it nice to have a name that's so easily adaptable?" she asks Weaver. "It's so much nicer to be able to change your name to reflect moods and situations, I have always found that, however some of the humans and such seem to have a problem remembering new names all the time and tend toward one. That's okay though, even if our names can make us forgettable, there's something about us that makes people remember. Me? My name is Vashtillianna Habanera Homally, but you can call me Vashti."

She pauses for a moment, as though she is digesting earlier events and turns to Tanner. "Say, did I know I was coming here? I can't quite seem to remember."

Kyeudo
2008-02-10, 02:45 PM
Thorg

"Why elf man no like Thorg?" The half orc still looks puzzled, but slightly less so than before.

de-trick
2008-02-10, 03:23 PM
Andreas

Well a few seasons ago, I was employed as a caravan guard, and orcs attacked the caravan, there was a elven maiden who worked on the caravan and she was killed, I was trying to save her but I was wounded, but they left me too die. Ever since that raid, I have a hard time, around your kindAs andreas speaks he looks down, a tear falls down as he mentions the maiden

Kyeudo
2008-02-10, 03:44 PM
Thorg

"Oh. Thorg sorry. Thorg's relatives jerks." Thorg turns back to Tanner. "What you want us do?"

alchemyprime
2008-02-10, 07:33 PM
Tanner smiled. "Oh, I am glad I chose this group! Here is the basic run down: even gods have superiors. I am not the strongest god. If not for Glykllivar, Frostbite and Ollidammara, I doubt I'd be here right now.

I am what is called an interloper: a deity not of one of the major deific bloodlines. I am definietly one of the more prominent interlopers. I mean, yes, the Flame exists on the Material, but I am the one that has done the most.

Why, if not for my touch of sculpting, the gnomes such as Vashti may not have existed... though Oli was thinking of something similar...
Anyhow, one of the other interlopers has begun a plan to increase his own power by dethroning the Big Blowha... I mean, Morintu, the Sky Lord. I know it isn't me, because I would LOATHE to be the god of undeath, and Denier and the flame don't normally do things like that. So I have begun to suspect the Lichgod. Er, Vecna. I keep forgetting, you mortals don't always know all of the titles. I know that Vecna and I became gods around the same time and in roughly the same way: arcane magic.

And so, I am here to ask you all for your help. I know Vecna lost a few things as a mortal that I still have. He lost his eye and hand, of course, and a few of us gods like to think he lost his head, but the biggest blow was an artifact he lost. The Sword of Kas. I myself have also lost a great and powerful sword to a follower of one of the Archfiends made by Morintu, named Michael.

So I want you all to help me by retreiving the Sword of Kas and the Butcher's Sword, so I may stop Vecna from destroying the Skylord. I dislike the Skylord, but I fear Vecna even more with that power. At least the Skylord is stopped by those silly rules of the Lock. But Vecna has no connection to the Lock. And if the Lock and my power in the Key were to come in contact... this world would only be a stone's throw from the Far Realm as far as similarities go.

Does that all make sense?"

The Weaver nods, and Tanner glares at him.
"not to you, you overstuffed arachnid! Go find a mortal to grant some wishes to!"
The Weaver bows (or curtsies. Not sure.) and walks off, dissappearing into nonexistance.
Tanner looks at the group.
"So, will you help me?"

de-trick
2008-02-10, 11:05 PM
Andreas

Andreas mouth drops as Tanner says hes a god, then drops even farther when asked to help slay a god Well, uuuhhh If you need a elfs help I guess I could help, ... yes I'll help you. So we retrieve these two swords, the sword of Kaz and the butchers sword, Where exactly are these swords

Greyen
2008-02-10, 11:48 PM
Dal

This seems like an adventure that can take us far and wide, huh, Twitch? We'll do it. Come the wordless tones of Dalam.

Zimmia
2008-02-10, 11:50 PM
Vashti

"Help you? Prevent someone bad from overthrowing a God? You bet, let's go!" Vashti says excitedly. "I haven't heard of anything this exciting since the old epic stories long ago!" She reaches behind her for the elven harp slung across her shoulder and idly strums as her lips purse and she begins to compose a song.

Kyeudo
2008-02-10, 11:52 PM
Thorg

"Me think me get it. You want us to get you pair of fancy swords? What Thorg get?"

CLouD2002
2008-02-11, 12:21 AM
Caleb sighed and brought down his clawed hand to his side..."Looks as if we are going to be used by the gods..." Caleb muttered to himself as he rubbed his head. "It looks like we are being tossed in fights between gods....This is going to be one tedious task that you ask of us...god...I really hope that all of us will be well compensated for the troubles we will no undoubtedly be facing along the way..." Again Caleb sighed

TheMeanDM
2008-02-11, 07:59 AM
Razael's ears perk up.

"Fascinating!" he half-whispers. "You mean to tell me that one can become a god through magic?"

He pauses a moment in thought. "How do we, being mortals, know that you aren't telling us all these tales simply for the sake of acquiring the swords for yourself to further your own ends...rather than for furthering the greater good?"

alchemyprime
2008-02-11, 02:35 PM
Tanner looked at the group. “In truth, all of you will be rewarded in your own ways. And don’t worry. I’m not all haughty-taughty like Pelor and expecting you all to ‘be rewarded by knowing you are furthering the greater good.’ But I’m also not going to give you an ultimatum, like I know Grazzt would. I prefer the company of Malcanthet over him anyway, but, oh well.
“Here is how you will be rewarded. I am the god of evolution: I can evolve you. I can give you riches. I can help you all.
Thorg, how would you like to have an entire tribe of half-orcs know you as one who aided a god? To think of you as a great hero? To have a weapon to be remembered by?
Vashti, how would you like other bards to sing songs about you?
Caleb, I can give you a place in the world where you will fit in.
Razael, what if I allowed you to swim in the Life Pool, the pool of pure life? It is an amazing place. It has brought gods back to life, it has evolved them, and it even can grant life upon life upon life.
Dal, I can help you and Twitch in any way possible. I can evolve Twitch so your weasel can be harder, better, faster, stronger, anything.
Andreas, I can aid you with… oh… well, I do have an entire library filled with books. I am one of the Scholarly Gods, alongside Denier and Mystra. I could show you books upon books of archery techniques, or enchantments, or hunting secrets.
If you accept my mission, I will give you each a symbol of myself, and a tool to aid you. Dal, and Vashti, you have already accepted. Vashti, I give you the sign of Trickery. Dal, I give you the sign of the Gallant.”

Upon Dal’s right forearm, a white winged butterfly tattoo appears. Upon Vashti’s, a black one appeared, with a scorpion one each of it’s wings.

“Dal, I also give you this ring. Vashti, I give you this knot. Untangle it when the answers to everything else are unclear. Dal, that ring will save you when the beasts of the world come against you. I’d give you more of a description, but Olli assures me it’s more fun this way.”

Tanner looks to regard the others. “Well? What about all of you?”

TheMeanDM
2008-02-11, 03:23 PM
Raz places his right hand upon his chin, his left arm wraps across his midsection, and his right elbow then rests upon his left arm.

"Your...eminence...I do not know of this Pool of Life, and it sounds fascinating and quite intriguing..." he pauses a moment, thinking. His eyes narrow and the skin of his forehead wrinkles. "...knowing that I helped in stopping an evil..interloper?...as you called your fellow being, would be quite a feather."

He goes silent again.

"Count me among your allies." he says, with a nod.

Greyen
2008-02-11, 03:55 PM
Dal

Dal looks at his forearm and the ring surprised. He slips the ring on after examining it carefully Well, if this is the before part of the payment, the after part will be nice. What can you tell us about what we need to do first? Where do we start and what do these swords look like? Who owns them now?

Zimmia
2008-02-11, 04:14 PM
Vashti

Startled out of her composing by Tanner speaking, she listened with her bright blue eyes as large as saucers as he explains the rewards that await each of them. She jumps visibly when the tattoo appears on her arm and touches it tentatively, almost as though expecting it to bite or otherwise hurt her, then takes the offered knot, gazing at it and marveling at its simple complexity. She stays quiet but by now she is bouncing on the balls of her feet; a spring waiting release.

Kyeudo
2008-02-11, 04:30 PM
Thorg

"Thorg no warrior! Thorg smart! Thorg wizard!" Thorg is clearly incensed that Tanner would imply he would want to be remembered as a warlord.

CLouD2002
2008-02-11, 05:01 PM
Cloud scratched at his chin...and laughed a bit "I see you do know are names...I dont need a place to belong...i just want acceptance. But we shall see what you can provide god. Caleb Michael at your service"

alchemyprime
2008-02-11, 09:48 PM
In THorgs Mind

I would have you know that all of your kind owes it's existance to me, Tho. I created the changelings, all of those eons ago, and it quite literally gave me a splitting headache. I have to give them some hint that you are not one of the races born of evolution. How about instead I let you look through my library of spells? Or I give you a few wizardly items? Perhaps a look at my own personal traveling spellbook? It sounded like Tanner's voice, but at the same time, it was obviously telepathically stated.

"Razael! I give you two gifts as well! The sign of the Red Death and the Staff I myself used all those years ago as a mortal man, before I began to use whips." Next to Razael, a staff appears floating in the air, hovering a foot off the ground. It is covered in symbols of half-creatures, fron a mind flayer with draconic wings to a glabrezu with the bottom half of a spider to a tyrannosaurus with eagle wings. It glows with a prismatic, shifting light. On his arm, a red butterfly appears.

"Caleb Michael! The half and half again! Do not worry of your own heritage. I can trace my own mortal blood back to a word archon, a firre eladrin, a red dragon, a troll and a marilith. Well, and quite a few human leather workers. And one orc in there as well. You can imagine the ruckus I caused with the other gods when I ascended. ANyway, I give to you the sign of the Beast... not the bad one, the neutral one... anyway, I also have for you a special crystal. Tie it to your sword. Oh, and here's a piece of thread to tie it with." An amazing violet crystal shaped like a cracked frowning skull hovers infront of Caleb with a small piece of twine next to it. On his arm appears a green butterfly.

"Thorg? What about you?"

(BTW, I allow a Know(Religion) check to find about Tanner, Vecna or Morintu, but a separate roll must be done for each.)

TheMeanDM
2008-02-11, 09:58 PM
Rasael reaches out and grasps the floating staff.

"It's...beautiful..." he says, awe quite apparent in his voice.

ooc: rolls for the gods

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kyeudo
2008-02-11, 10:29 PM
Thorg

The half-orc seems to struggle inside himself for a moment, then comes to a decision. "Thorg suppose he have nothin' better to do. Might be fun. Just no sissy butterfly."

CLouD2002
2008-02-11, 10:51 PM
Caleb reaches his hand out and grabs the crystal and twine...looking at the crystal in his hand he pulls out another crystal that was almost the same size. "It almost looks like the crystal i have made...but mine does not take a shape." Caleb tucked his crystal back under his cloak...He then in on swift motion pulled out the weapon that was almost as big as himself...with only one hand...and drove it into the ground. It looked like a sword...but it was not made of metal but crystal as well. He started to tie the crystal skull to the bottom handle grip of his "May i ask what this crystal is for?" Caleb looked to his arm now as he realized that a green butterfly was put on his arm...."At least i already stand out like a sore thumb" Caleb groaned "What are the marks for?" His dragon side took over and he was now just being curious.....

alchemyprime
2008-02-11, 11:01 PM
"Firstly, they are not 'sissy'. I see them as the perfect embodiment of evolution, chaos, change, transmutation... all this and more. You shall recieve the brand of the Prismatic, the Mage, myself, Tanner. I also give to you... this..."
A necklace floats in front of Thorg. A butterfly with colorshifting wings appears on his arm, wear a sleeve can easily cover it. The necklace is made of a leather lanyard, with many different bits on it, from teeth to fingers to bones. Each item has runes carved or burnt into it.

Stuff about the gods

Tanner: Tanner is a mortal turned god. It is said that he accidently created a spell that locked an ancient being called The Key into his body and fused himself into it, making himself into the Key. However, the Key's power could not be contained by a mortal mind, and so the spell of evolution he cast splintered his mind into 43 pieces. One piece stopped existing, creating the same number of Tanners as Tanner's Holy Number. Tanner is now seven: The Mage Tanner, Life, The Red Death, The Beast, Cold, Gallant and Trickery. Only Trickery is not really a part of Tanner. A piece of Tanner called Madness, now long gone, captured the spirit of the now long dead goddess of illusions and made her into a personality. Tanner's favored weapon is the whip and his symbol is the butterfly, the perfect symbol of chaos with a touch of mathematical law.

Vecna:Vecna, the Lichgod, was a Lich who used a long and complicated necromancy spell (different from Tanner's Lost Transmutation of Evolvution) and a few universal loopholes to become a god. He has long sought to be more than god of secrets: he wishes to be god of the dead, not just of secrets and necromancy. His general Kas almost stopped him with the very blade he gave to the vampire. His hand and eye were lost in the process.

Morintu: Morintu was one of the first gods of law. Some say it was he that first tried to get rid of Asmodeus, and he that bid him to create punishment. Morintu was originally a sky god, but later also became an earth god. He was the first lich, and soon gained dominion over the Fugue Plane from Nerull by combat. He is the god of death and undeath, and is also the dragon god of bad luck.

de-trick
2008-02-11, 11:55 PM
Andreas

I live my life by the bow, if theres anything I can do to learn more I shall take it

alchemyprime
2008-02-13, 02:23 PM
Tanner sighed. “Okay, now for the interesting part. I don’t know where the Sword of Kas is. Necromantic energies are not in my portfolio, and so finding a sword crafted by a lich for a vampire with extra abilities is… difficult… however, I do know where the Butcher’s Sword is. Butcher has it. Butcher is… an incredibly evolved humanoid. I know he was of human stock, but he is also a Life Master and a Mist Born. He has powers of the mind, acidic blood, resistance to poison and spells… he is very powerful…
But, if you get his sword away from him, one way or another, he is not nearly as strong as it seems. The sword is immensely powerful. But it can be wielded by anyone. I should know. I made it… or at least Madness did…”
Tanner looks at one of the walls.
“As far as the walls are concerned, they hold messages. Some were written by me, but some by other gods. This is a different form of the language of creation. It is theorized that if the proper artifact was used and enough numbers were entered, mortals could create life as we gods have…”
Tanner looks at you all. His gaze comes to rest upon Raz. “Be careful with that staff. It is not like other wizard staffs. The others focused on adding to their abilities. Mine focuses on enhancing what is already there. It can allow you to use fiery blasts, increase the power of transmutations, and to strengthen spells past what should be possible. However, it needs to realize that you are strong enough to handle its power. Keep that in mind.”
Tanner looks out at you all. “I can narrow down where the Sword of Kas is. It is in country in the Northeast of the continent. It is in Thundaria. Butcher is on Floating Island. If you can get to the Iborian port in the east, a group of traders are going to the Seabound City of Salt. I can send you to either Iboria or Thundaria. You must let me know where you wish to go.”

TheMeanDM
2008-02-13, 07:28 PM
"Thank you for the word of warning."

Raz ponders a bit. "If Butcher is as powerful as you say he is, what hope do we have against him?" he asks the question that everyone had to be thinking, but not saying. "Is there anything else you can tell us about him?"

[ooc]

stats on the staff? or do I need to somehow identify it, or attune myself to it?

CLouD2002
2008-02-13, 10:41 PM
Caleb listened to what the Tanner had to say. Caleb then scratched his chin and looked to everyone...

"This is just my opinion but...since we dont know where the sword of Kas actually is and we would have to spend time gathering more information...We might as well go for the Butcher. We can overtake him and we might also find out more about the other sword"

Caleb began to inspect the crystal skull that he tied to his sword closer.

OOC:

Is there anything defining about this crystal? Caleb did ask what the crystal was for

Kyeudo
2008-02-13, 10:53 PM
Thorg

"Thorg think either gonna be tricky. Both swords dangerous. Thorg think we go for one not being used." The half-orc nods sagely.

Zimmia
2008-02-13, 11:30 PM
Vashti

I agree with Thorg. This 'Butcher' isn't going to give up his sword just because we ask nicely for it, and to me it sounds like it's going to be the tougher of the two tasks... although neither sound particularly easy.

Kyeudo
2008-02-13, 11:51 PM
Thorg

"Thorg also think since god-man can find sword easy, he tell us if it go anywhere. It always be easy to find."

alchemyprime
2008-02-14, 12:03 AM
Tanner sighed. "I can narrow down where teh Sword of Kas is to... a dozen square miles? I can locate the Butcher's Sword down to a few feet. It's tricky. I can even see where the Butcher's sword might be in six weeks. However, I see EVERY possible place it will be. It's confusing. Still, I think maybe getting the Sword of Kas will be easier for you."

Tanner looks down. "Of course... I know Butcher has his sword. I don't know if the sword of Kas has an owner, but if it does, he's not moving more than half a mile, otherwise the area would change... I can get you close to the Sword fo Kas, or to a place to get you near Butcher. Oh, one other thing... the brands... they allow me to monitor you... and, occasionally, contact you, no matter where you are. They are similar to being a chosen, like Mystra's." Tanner looks about. "Oh, each one also as a special trait, but I think you should figure them out for yourselves. If I told you... well, they'd be a crutch. And it wouldn't be as fun to watch!"

Tanner looks over the group. "So, if I am correct, more people are voting for going after the Sword fo Kas, correct?"

The Staff: If allows you to use Extend Spell 3/day while casting a spell at no cost to you. It also improves your caster level with transmutations that boost stats by 1. Also, you gain the Fiery Burst feat from Complete Mage.

The Crystal: The crystal seems to tell you that it wants to see crushed "walking bones."

Greyen
2008-02-14, 03:00 AM
Dal

If we can get within a dozen miles of the Sword of Kas, then we can find it and retrieve it. That sounds like a better plan to us, right Twitch? The huge weasel chitters quietly for a moment.

Can you get us close? Or do we have to travel on our own?

As Dal listens he looks more closely at the butterly tattoo and the ring.

Stats on the ring? Or will I need to account for what it does in rolls/action?

CLouD2002
2008-02-14, 08:20 AM
Caleb mumbles something to himself and then picks up the large sword that was in front of him...he sheathes it into his back.

"Sword of Kas it is then...we better get prepared for the journy ahead...would you have supplies ready already? Or do we need to pack before we leave?"

TheMeanDM
2008-02-14, 09:52 AM
"A dozen miles? That's not so bad." Raz says.

spells memorized for the day, invocations used

See the Unseen (Darkvision + See Invis)
Spiderwalk

1st (x4)
True Strike
Magic Missile (x2)
Identify

2nd (x3)
Scorching Ray
Rope Trick
Mirror Image

alchemyprime
2008-02-16, 01:43 AM
Tanner nods. "Alright, so I'm apparently sending you toward the Sword of Kas first. I'll send you to Zargonia, a city in Thundonia. Just step through the door. I'tll send you out through a fake sending stone guard booth. The stone is a dud. Doesn't work. After you walk through, the booth will dissappear."

In one of the walls, two doors appear. The one on the left appears to have a sending stone attached to it. Tanner smiles at all of you.
"I just hope Sy Pylis doesn't realise I stole his schtick."

Greyen
2008-02-16, 01:20 PM
Dal

Dal nods and makes a clicking noise and Twitch carries them through the portal in a bounding gait. See you folks on the other side.

CLouD2002
2008-02-16, 02:10 PM
With a small wave from his big clawed hand he said, "Guess we just have to find supplies on the other side...it is a shame that you could not provide us with that stuff god" With a smirk on his face he went through the portal

Kyeudo
2008-02-16, 03:19 PM
Thorg

((We're stepping out of the fantasy equivalent of a phone booth! :smalltongue: I feel like Superman.))

Thorg will step through the door to the sending stone booth, but will not step out into the crowd. He will survey the crowd thoughtfully for a moment, seeing what races and clothing make up the people beyond.

Zimmia
2008-02-16, 07:03 PM
Vashti

"All right" Vashti says eagerly. "Lets go get this thing!" And she steps through the portal with a jaunty gait, bounding out the other side.

de-trick
2008-02-16, 08:10 PM
Andreas
Andreas takes a big breath in and, steps through the portal, bow in hand

TheMeanDM
2008-02-17, 11:06 AM
Rasael steps through the portal.

alchemyprime
2008-02-17, 02:53 PM
On the other side of the door is a dour, taciturn looking place. The box you walk out of is made of solid wood, painted blue, with a small light light an oil lamp on top. After Raz walks out and the door closes, a small wheeze is heard, and it dissappears.
A gnome stands in front of you.
"Heya. I knew you would all be coming." The gnome is in black leather armor, carries a small sheild, and looks generally happy to see you. He wears a navy blue cloak with a blue butterfly clasp on it. His rapier at his side is also adorned with a blue butterfly. His bald head shines under the light of the cloudy sky, and his grin is much too large for such a sad locale.
"I'm Ricros Steelfarmer the IV. I am also under the sign. Nice to meetcha all. Oh, and you might wanna check your pockets. Tanner likes to stick things in odd places."

(Everyone wearing pants or a robe now has a 20 pound size space in one pocket. Inside is a lot of dried fruits and jerky, as well as a bottle of elven frostwine, with a note that says "for celebrations only. Find a reason- T")

Ricros smiles. "I got the Mark of Cold. So... there must be two others. Tanner is the Seven and One Removed. So there are seven butterfly symbols and one moth... but Tanner would give the mark of madness..." Ricros seems to have gone on a tangent. "OH! I have an idea! Imagine how delicious drided banana chips would be on yogurt! Wait... what were we talking about again?"

Kyeudo
2008-02-17, 03:01 PM
((I'm still in the booth for the moment, so I don't think it has vanished just yet. Can I get a discription of what the natives look like/are wearing?))

Zimmia
2008-02-17, 03:05 PM
Vashti

Checking her pockets, Vashti gives a little squeal of delight. "OOo, I do love suprises!" she says and then looks to Ricros. "Have you been working with Tanner long? I wonder why you got here before we all did... but then he might have wanted some recon work or something done before the rest of the group got here - you know sort of the 'advance party' kind of idea. I read about that in a novel once and it just sounded so spy-like that I haven't forgotten it and one day I'm going to work it into a story of mine. You're cold huh? I'm trickery m'self, and I really think it's pretty exciting. Do you have a mark on your hand too? I bet you do - it's probably blue like the rest of you. Does it have anything else on it? Tanner told us that we'd be meeting one more and that would have to be you and I..." she pauses suddenly as though changing gears, "dried banana on yogurt would be really yummy now that you mention it. Have you ever had coconut? Put some on there and it would be a first class desert."

Greyen
2008-02-17, 04:51 PM
Dal

Dal and Twitch slink out cautiously greeting the gnome with a nod. As Twitch sniffs the air and ground around Dal rides along quietly Well this is surely going to be an interesting adventure. Chaos is a part of nature and one of the primary forces of life. I wonder how things are going to turn out?

Well met sir, i'm guessing you're her ta guide us?

TheMeanDM
2008-02-17, 08:26 PM
(love the Dr. Who Tardis 'take off', absolutely love it :) but lets hope that we don't have to face "The Impossible Planet" scenario ! )

"Order also has it's place, on occasion." Rasael says with a slight chuckle.

alchemyprime
2008-02-17, 09:56 PM
(no, no satan pit for y'all.)
The people... they wear what looks much like... if Tim Burton directed Dracula. Very dark and gothic. Also, with some of the Goth elves, you wonder if the lord here may have a lolicon complex.

Ricros smiles. "Tanner sent me out a month ago. I guess the Marked of Life is on Salt then... so, what do you all already know?"

Kyeudo
2008-02-18, 02:36 AM
Before stepping out, Thorg speaks several words of magic and traces several arcs of power through the empty air. For a moment, Thorg's form and clothing flow like water. He grows slightly taller, thinner, and his features take on a much sharper cast. His tusks disapear, his ears lengthen, and his black hair grows down past his shoulders. In a matter of seconds, the half-orc has changed into a middle-aged elven woman in dark green and black robes, her proud features a set of stony planes and angles.

Stepping out from the booth, Tharessa addresses the group commandingly. "We should start off swiftly."

Casting Extended Mage Armor. Will last for 14 hours.
Shifting the butterfly to my lower back.

Greyen
2008-02-18, 03:54 AM
Dal

Dal sees the transformation of Thord and raises an eyebrow, incredulous. Thinking to himself Stranger and stranger.

CLouD2002
2008-02-18, 09:39 AM
Caleb raises an eyebrow at the gnome that was so far below him but didnt say anything to him. Caleb stood there quiet and alert.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-18, 11:38 AM
"We know that the Sword of Kas is within a dozen miles of this location. We know that it has not moved in some time, which I would deduce to mean that it is either entombed with a body or locked away as part of a collection or treasure."

He pauses.

"We know that Tanner needs it."

Zimmia
2008-02-18, 06:14 PM
Vashti

Vashtis eyes go wide and her mouth seems to be stuck in 'open'. That was fabulous, she says with great admiration.

There's more to say here (knowing Vasti quite a bit more to say) , but I want to roll a spellcraft to see if she knows how it was done, or at least if it was magic or not.
Spellcraft: [roll0]
And maybe a bardic knowledge check here, just in case she's heard anything like this before: [roll1]
edit: okay, she knows nothing today. yay.

You can bet I can't do anything like with my illusions - not anything close to something that great. Guess the comment you made to Tanner about being a powerful wizard fits more ya'know. She had been talking animatedly and as she pauses abruptly her topknot keeps bouncing for a moment. So which one is the real you?

Kyeudo
2008-02-18, 07:47 PM
Tharessa

"Both are truly me." The elf smiles, a smile that doesn't touch her coldly glittering eyes.

Greyen
2008-02-19, 02:13 AM
Dal

Dal watches the interplay of personality and investigates the are. He knows that he is going to be sticking out like a sore thumb is all of his wild glory.

Trying to identify what is going on with Thorg/Tharessa

If its a natural/racial thing K:Nature [roll0]

if its actually a spell [roll1]

Kyeudo
2008-02-19, 10:38 AM
I think those checks mean you're drawing large blanks. If that was a Spellcraft check, you probably I.D.ed my Mage Armor spell.

Zimmia
2008-02-19, 08:14 PM
"Okay then," Vashti says unconcerned. "Let's be off!"

de-trick
2008-02-19, 11:29 PM
Andreas

When the elf passes through and then another elfen kin passes through, Andreas is shocked. Then when no signs off Thorg coming through Thorg is that you. Did the portal change you. At least it's a upgrade.

Kyeudo
2008-02-19, 11:40 PM
Tharessa

The elf simply smiles, coldly mysterious and clearly enjoying it.

CLouD2002
2008-02-20, 09:01 AM
Caleb looked to Tharessa and looked her up and down and then looks directly into her eyes. Only after everyone else was convinced it was Thorg Caleb took a breath and began to speak... "It would be best to keep surprises to a minimum...i dont want any harm to come to anyone because of a misunderstanding...And with you changing like that it could have led to a BIG misunderstanding..." Caleb smiled a bit and continued on, "Just give us a bit of a warning next time because you prolly have better stuff up your sleeve"

Caleb then looks to the gnome and Raz. "That is pretty much what we know...if you have any other information that would be helpful...but are you able to tell us more than what the god was able too? Caleb thinks for a bit and then says "Where are we to go to now?"

alchemyprime
2008-02-21, 05:23 PM
Ricros looks at everyone. "Hm... from what I've been able to tell, there are three swords that fit the description of a Sword of Kas in the city. One is in a tomb, off in the graveyard. One is owned by a member of the Theatre Maximus, the Fighter's Guild. The last is owned by a noble man named Telagos Stormwind III. The problem is... they all fit the description from legends a bit too well. It's an old artifact, so there are quite a few bard tales about the sword. What do any of you know?"
Ricros tilts his head to the side, wondering.
(Bardic Knowledge, Know(Arcana) or Know(Religion) can be used for this)

Kyeudo
2008-02-21, 05:32 PM
Tharessa

"Let us start by investigating the one in the graveyard first. It sounds the easiest to investigate. The others will require some planning to get ahold of, and that will take time."

TheMeanDM
2008-02-21, 06:55 PM
Rasael pauses a moment, raising his hand toward his chin and extending his forefinger. The finger taps against his chin as he thinks a moment.

If he doesn't know anything "arcane" about the sword, perhaps it was something more...religious...that he read regarding the sword. thus, the 2nd skill check :)

[roll0]

[roll1]

Zimmia
2008-02-21, 07:46 PM
Vashti

"You know, I think I might have heard of this.. let me think a moment or so"

Rolling' bardic knowledge: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2008-02-22, 10:13 PM
Raz knows:

The Sword of Kas was used by Vecna's main general, Kas. Kas was rumored to be the first vampire, but two other legendary figures also claim this trait. However, he was the first KASIAN vampire, a stronger, more resiliant breed of blood sucker. A major fight broke out between Vecna and Kas, and they dissappeared for five years. Vecna returned into the center of the City of Living Twilight, which Tanner had forbidden any god from entering and had the Lady of Blades watch over it. Vecna ascended to godhood in the city, thereby allowing him to become a god without interference form any being, since he had not broken any rules, but the other gods would have.
The Sword of Kas is also the weapon used to sever Vecna's hand and eye, creating the Hand and Eye of Vecna.

Vasti knows

Kas disappeared from this plane and became a spirit of betrayal, charisma and undead slaying. However, his sword remained. The sword was given the ability to wound undead, call down lightning from the sky, and slay any creature it hit.
However, two other, similar swords exist: Exordius, a black sword weilded by paladins, and Blood Glass, a black blade that is rumored to exist in one form in every world. It was also been called Ravenbrand, and something involving storms, but that could be refferencing the Sword of Kas's lightning power.

alchemyprime
2008-02-24, 11:23 AM
Ricros listens to what Raz and Vasti know.

"Okay... so we may be dealing in fakes, or we might find that Exordius or Blodd Glass... which if I find it, I'm calling Ravenbrand, cause that sounds a whole lot cooler... but I agree, the crypt may be easiest... I just hope we don't find anything that disliked the idea of staying dead..."

Ricros looks to see if anyone objects to going to the crypt first.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-24, 11:32 AM
"The crypt is the most logical starting point. Hopefully it will be the end point too, but not our end point." Rasael says.

CLouD2002
2008-02-24, 12:00 PM
Caleb clears his throat and simply says "I am ready to go when ever you guys are"

alchemyprime
2008-02-25, 09:28 AM
Ricros looks to the other people at his eye level. "What about you guys?"

Zimmia
2008-02-25, 04:50 PM
"I say let's go!" Vashti says once again bouncing on the balls of her feet. Her hands idly find her harp and begin to strum some traveling music.

alchemyprime
2008-02-25, 05:53 PM
Ricros nods. "Okay. But mostly cause I can't let a pretty girl go into a crypt alone. You might need some fire power behind you." Ricros winks at Vashti. "I say we go to. And if I find any undead, I'm steaming them."

*Fastforward*
The lot of you are outside of the mausoleum. It's large and made of white marble. The symbol of Kelemvor is over the door.
Ricros looks around.
"Okay, we've been standing here for five minutes. WHo's gonna open it?"

de-trick
2008-02-25, 09:43 PM
Andreas
dam I'm the scout

Andreas will search for traps around the door, knowing that, people wish to protect their dead with traps against thieves
search
[roll0]
then if needed
disable device
[roll1]

TheMeanDM
2008-02-25, 10:56 PM
"I don't know a whole lot about a whole lot of things, but I do know that Kelemvor isn't really the kind of god that a vampire would necessarily associate with. Kelemvor isn't too fond of them, from what I hear." he muses at why that symbol would be on the tomb that could potentially have Kas' remains.

Kyeudo
2008-02-25, 11:00 PM
Tharessa

"It isn't likely to have been the vampire that built this tomb. Rather, it would have been built by the locals, who likely dislike having their loved ones animated as the undead, and then his remains were interred here, if they are here at all."

((Are we ever going to have an OOC thread?))

alchemyprime
2008-02-26, 02:30 PM
(Greyen had the link to the OOC thread. I made it at the same time as the IC thread.)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72039
(That's it)
Ricros thinks. "I have a feeling that the sword's passed hands a lot since then. Vecna's been a god for a long time, and Kas dissappeared before he ascended. So, if the sword is in here, it's probably to ward people from becoming undead and using the sword. Or to keep away grave robbers. Like us."

Surprisingly, the door is not trapped. At all.

Greyen
2008-02-26, 02:40 PM
Dal

Dalam slips off of his mounted spot. He begins whipering and gesturing to himself. First he touches Twitch a reddish light comes from the huge weasels mouth for a moment before fading. He then begins to cast again, his feet and legs seem to blur slightly when he is finished.

Dalam looks at everyone Who first in? We're right behind ya.

Casting Greater magic fang on Twith +2 bite for 7 hours
Longstrider on self +10 move 7 hours

CLouD2002
2008-02-26, 06:07 PM
At the sign of no traps on the doors Caleb quickly pulls out his sword and looks to the rest and then pulls on the door to see if it is locked

alchemyprime
2008-02-26, 06:22 PM
A woosh of air rushes into the crypt as the doors swing open. The doors are open, and for some reason, they weren't locked.

Zimmia
2008-02-26, 06:24 PM
"Does anyone else think this is a bit too easy?" Vashti whispers.

Kyeudo
2008-02-26, 07:06 PM
Tharessa

"We have yet to know if the crypt is inhabited by anything yet. In fact, it may still be in use. I'll start worrying if we find the sword without encountering anything dangerous."

alchemyprime
2008-02-26, 07:39 PM
Ricros looks at Tharessa. "I hope we don't find anything creepy. But I'll take a Nightmare Creature or a Quori over an undead anyday. Though, maybe we'll luck out and find a hermit who lives in tombs and keeps a harem of picture models." Ricros crosses his fingers. "Please, Sune, Tanner, any god of chaos, please let there be living picture models down there."
Ricros pulls out a die and hands it to Vashti. "Roll this. 1 for me, 2 for the big guy, 3 for Tharessa, 4 for you, 5 for Dalam and 6 for Raz. Who ever you roll goes in first."

Zimmia, roll 1d6.

Zimmia
2008-02-26, 07:52 PM
Vashti looks puzzled. Some of us aren't really the 'go in first' type, she says as she rolls the dice.

[roll0]

Greyen
2008-02-26, 11:11 PM
Dal

Generally it is the person who knows traps, is big and stron, or can see in the dark that goes first not the smallest one determined by the roll of the dice. Dal says standing there with arms crossed, not moving toward the door.

Kyeudo
2008-02-27, 12:20 AM
Tharessa

"Well, someone needs to go first, and it should not be me. My spells do me little good when I am surprised."

de-trick
2008-02-27, 12:20 AM
Andreas

I guess the elf has to be the one who leadssince I'm the only one who is not a pansy with that Andreas walks into the crypt, he will have his bow out and go slow to search for danger

[roll0]

Greyen
2008-02-27, 01:25 AM
Dal

Dal sticks his tounge out at Andreas and then follows him in sling swinging. Green light emits from the slings as he strolls in behind the elf.

Kyeudo
2008-02-27, 02:02 AM
Tharessa

The elven woman smiles at Andreas's humor and follows, darkwood staff tapping on the stones with each step. Tharessa will keep towards the center of the group, avoiding direct peril as much as possible.

CLouD2002
2008-02-27, 09:04 AM
Caleb didnt say anything after he opened the door...instead he looked on the inside of the open door. He caught up to the elf and smiled a bit "I will not let you have all the fun if there are enemies about" Caleb looks around making note on how high all the ceilings are.

((are the hallways big enough for a Large creature to travel through them with ease?))

alchemyprime
2008-02-27, 02:19 PM
They are pleny big hallways. There is a bit of ducking for doors, but the hallways are large enough.

Ricros cataches up with Tharessa. "I figure us mages should stick together. Even if I'm not trained all the way in magic."

(So far, marching order seems to be
Caleb and Andreas
Dalam
Tharessa and Ricros

Where do Raz and Vashti fit in? Let me know.)

Zimmia
2008-02-27, 02:33 PM
((Vashti'll be in the middle I should think))

alchemyprime
2008-02-28, 12:21 AM
(Caleb and Andreas
Tharessa and Ricros
Vashti
Dalam

That should be correct. What about Raz? Oh, MeanDM?)

Greyen
2008-02-28, 12:31 AM
Well, Dal was going to work up front as a scout but he'll not fight for the front. Back guard works well too.

TheMeanDM
2008-02-28, 07:24 AM
Ras cautiously brings up the rear.

-- I'll list the invocations he has going when I get to a pc that has access to my sheet.

alchemyprime
2008-03-02, 11:04 AM
(Hey all, I'm outta comission for a few days. Got sick. I'll let you know when I'm better.)

alchemyprime
2008-03-07, 02:18 PM
(So, the order is
Andreas (scouting)
Caleb
Tharessa and Ricros
Vshti
Dalam

Sound right?

On a more current-events related note
I say that July 27th become a holiday. We already have World-Wide D&D Game Day, but I say we have Gygax Day on July 27th. A day dedicated to games. In honor of Gary.)

Ricros looks around the corridors as you all continue down.
"This is the sort of place filled with booby traps and monsters. Andreas, maybe you and I should keep an eye out for anything suspiscious as we continue along."

As Ricros says this, you reach a large corridor. It's about twenty feet by twenty feet, and the walls are lined with little drawers with names on them.

"LEt's get to work."

(Now, when Andreas makes a Search check, add a +2 circumstance bonus, since Ricros is helping.)

TheMeanDM
2008-03-07, 02:20 PM
don't forget Rasael bringing up the rear.

Andreas (scouting)
Caleb
Tharessa and Ricros
Vshti
Dalam
Rasael

Invocations currently active:
See The Unseen
(see Invisibility, Darkvision 60')

Spiderwalk
(as Spider Climb, and unaffected by webs/web spells)

As he follows behind the group, Rasael places a hand on the wall of the tomb. He then raises his left leg and plants his foot on the wall. Securing himself he then places his right foot upon the surface of the wall. He then stands, and walks upwards toward the ceiling. He keeps an eye upon the group from above, his line of sight no longer blocked by the people in front of him.

Greyen
2008-03-07, 02:33 PM
Dalam

Dal and Twitch take up rear guard with Raz and keep watch quietly.. They are well aware of their role and take it seriously.

de-trick
2008-03-07, 07:14 PM
Andreas

yes, this is the place for creatures to lurkAndreas says under his breath
search[roll0]

Andreas will also start to sneak
move silently[roll1]
hide[roll2]

alchemyprime
2008-03-08, 01:31 AM
Andreas moves without making a sound, and managae to find

a cloak, a small beaded string and the trip wire to a trap

de-trick
2008-03-08, 07:09 PM
Andreas

careful tripwireAndreas will motion the group to stop and see if he can disarm it

disable device [roll0]

the cloak and the beaded string he'll point out to everyone

alchemyprime
2008-03-10, 09:25 PM
The traps poings... and nothign happens. It's been disarmed.

de-trick
2008-03-12, 11:50 PM
Andreas

andreas contines going forward, searching(tell me when to make a check)

CLouD2002
2008-03-13, 01:16 PM
Caleb stops for a bit and closes his eyes...he seems to be conentrating

[roll0] for psionic focus

He then opens his eyes...and smiled. He seemed more focused on something... "Let us proceed"

alchemyprime
2008-03-13, 01:50 PM
Ricros looks around as well.

"Wait a minute... maybe I should start looking for magic... but I only have two spells ready to do that. Does anyone else have the ability to see magic?"

Kyeudo
2008-03-13, 02:05 PM
Tharessa

"I do, but I only prepared two such spells as well."

Greyen
2008-03-13, 02:17 PM
Dal

Dal pipes up from the rear, I only have the one prepped for today.

Zimmia
2008-03-13, 02:31 PM
Vashti

"ooo I can too," Vashti says quietly although her energy level is apparently still quite high. "Got up to three today!"

de-trick
2008-03-14, 06:08 PM
Andreas

Shocked at all the mages in the group well one of you see if the cloak or beads are magic

Kyeudo
2008-03-14, 08:02 PM
Tharessa

"Vashti, if you would be so kind?"

Zimmia
2008-03-14, 08:37 PM
Vashti

"By all means," Vahsti says sotto-voce with a smile and speaks the necessary words and then looks at the cloak and beads.

Cast detect magic and look at the two items

alchemyprime
2008-03-15, 06:46 PM
Both radiate magic. Spellcraft check to see the schools.

Zimmia
2008-03-16, 04:50 PM
Here's hoping for some good rolls:

Item 1 spellcraft [roll0]
Item 1 Bardic knowledge (for general function) [roll1]

Item2 spellcraft [roll2]
Item2 BardicKn [roll3]

alchemyprime
2008-03-18, 01:28 PM
The cloak... well, it's a nice dark blue...

the beads are evocation, a little stronger than most spells, and they seem to be rather "toss them at things and watch them go boom"-y. The beads are a string of twelve small red beads and one big blue one.

Zimmia
2008-03-18, 03:37 PM
Vashti

"Akay," Vashti whispers eagerly. "They're both magic. This cloak - isn't it a pretty shade of blue? Of course I prefer something a bit more vibrant myself, but it is nice if you like those more subtle colors. As for these beads, well I've seen something like this before. If you want to make a big bang - and blow stuff up, well you take them off the string and toss them at the thing you want to blow up. You know, a wizard I once worked for had something really similar to this. I was cleaning up the storage room in his tower and they fell out of a box and bounced down the stairs. It's a really good thing the walls were thick because it left big scorch marks on the wall." She picks up the beads and looks them over a bit more closely.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-18, 06:58 PM
"Quite interesting indeed." Rasael says, taking up a position on the wall...literally.

de-trick
2008-03-18, 08:47 PM
Andreas

Guess we have plan b, now then realizing a gnome with a bomb is not the best idea he goes back to his scouting position shacking his head.

CLouD2002
2008-03-19, 07:48 PM
Calebs eyes dart back and forth in the darkness...looking for any sign of movement or any sign of any doors...

((OCC: Just letting you guys know im still here XD))

alchemyprime
2008-03-20, 01:43 PM
A small tunnel is off to the side. Vashti, Dalam and Ricros could walk through it okay, but the rest of you would need to bend over. Caleb would practically be on his hands and knees.

Of course, it is really dark in there.

Kyeudo
2008-03-20, 01:57 PM
((Roughly how tall is the passageway?))

Greyen
2008-03-21, 09:00 AM
Dal

Dalam and Twith looks down the tunnel, We'll scout this one. The small druid swiftly changes into a wolverine and follows Twitch down the tunnel.

alchemyprime
2008-03-21, 08:44 PM
(It's small enough that mediums have to move at half speed.)

As Dalam proceeds down the corridor, he sees that at the end of the tunnel, there is a large open corridor with a wooden staircase spiraling down the wall.

Kyeudo
2008-03-21, 09:13 PM
((You forget how much I can slim down. I want to know the actual dimensions of the passageway.))

Greyen
2008-03-24, 09:28 AM
Dalam

Dalam returns up the tunnel and grunts meaningfully at the others before turning back around and returning to the chamber with the staircase.

TheMeanDM
2008-03-24, 04:32 PM
"Well certainly, I will follow..." says Rasael, getting down on all fours and crawling into the passage.

Zimmia
2008-03-24, 04:38 PM
With an excited little "jip" Vahsti follows into the tunnel.

Just as an FYI - after 9pm-ish tonight I will be without internet for 48 hours or so. Feel free to NPC Vashti if needed. See you on the flipside!

de-trick
2008-03-24, 11:41 PM
Andreas will tell the group to have 2 of the smaller people in front and one in the back, the tall people as myself shall go in the middle. After we get into a larger area we shall go to are original order

Kyeudo
2008-03-25, 12:43 AM
Yumira

A few muttered words and Tharessa begins to change once more. His limbs and body thin and shrink, his clothing changes cut and color, and in a matter of moments has transformed into a female halfling, about a foot taller than most regular specimens of her kind, wearing closefitting clothing in black and grey. "Yumira, at your service! Let's get going."

I'm still a medium creature, if only by about 6 inches.

CLouD2002
2008-03-25, 08:51 PM
Caleb grunts a bit "The quickest way to a dead party is to split up" Cloud then sighed...."Ill take up the back then to make sure nobody sneaks up on us from the rear..." He slips his large greatsword back in his scabbard "My sword is not the only weapon i can use" Caleb smiled a bit...

When everyone gets in the tunnel Caleb gets on his hands and knees and starts to crawl backwards. Watching for any movement in front of him he cleared his throat....he was getting ready for anything that would dare to come into the hole and threaten him

If anything hostile comes into the hole Caleb will launch his flame breath

Greyen
2008-03-26, 02:44 AM
Dalam

Once clear of the hole Dalam will make sure that everyone is in the area. He stands at the top of the stairwell and looks down, somewhat like a hunting hound or a pointer dog.

alchemyprime
2008-03-27, 12:51 PM
Ricros goes close to Caleb's knee.
"I really hope there won't be any undead. Or at least nothing tougher than a skeleton. I can deal with skeletons."

As you continue onward, the passage is entirely clear. You reach the stairscae and realize that if you fall off the edge it's a LOONG way down.

alchemyprime
2008-03-31, 11:36 AM
(Bump)
You are all on the staircase. It spirals down around a large corridor that goes down far enough that none of you can see the bottom. You get the feeling that it could go down forever.

Kyeudo
2008-03-31, 03:27 PM
Yumira

The tall halfling leans out over the shaft as far she can safely go without losing her balance. "Well, looks like we have a lot of walking to do if we don't want to take the fast way down. We should get going."

Zimmia
2008-03-31, 05:25 PM
Vashti

Looking down into the darkness as the stairs spiral down, even Vashti is amazed. "wow," she says quietly. "Ummm... would someone else like to go first?"

de-trick
2008-04-01, 09:34 AM
Andreas
whooooo thats a long way down. I guess ill go first still looking for traps

alchemyprime
2008-04-02, 11:32 AM
(De-Trick, make a Search check.

If you beat 24, make a Disable Device check.
If you don't beat 24, make a Reflex Save.)

de-trick
2008-04-02, 01:14 PM
Andreas
search[roll0]
disable[roll1]
reflex[roll2]

alchemyprime
2008-04-03, 01:45 PM
A hole in the wall fizzles and cracks, and then gows a bit. It seems to have become a light.

Ricros inspects it a bit. "I think this used to a fireball trap. Seems to have been altered. You are either a genius, Andreas, or damned lucky."

Ricros looks down the hallway a bit and scurries back. "Um... if there is a corpse holding a sickle, and that corpse begins walking towards you, is that bad?"

(Roll for initiative.)

Kyeudo
2008-04-03, 02:04 PM
Yumira

"Generaly, yes. Why?" Yumira turns from studying the 'modifications' that have been made to the Fireball trap and glances towards the hallway. Seeing the undead, Yumira doesn't seem too surprised. "Fascinating. I shall have to determine if this creature was animated as a tomb guardian or if it was simply animated by ambiant negative energy."

Inititive:[roll0]

Zimmia
2008-04-03, 03:54 PM
Vashti

The gnome shudders. "Does every crypt in the world have undead in it these days? I'm telling you, if I die, just throw my body on a big bonfire - there's no way I want to end up like this!"

initiative: [roll0]

CLouD2002
2008-04-03, 07:58 PM
Once Caleb got out of the tunnel that he was crawling backwards in he pulled himself up to his full stance and pulled out his sword again. He then followed the rest of the group to the stairs...only to catch the last of what Ricros was saying....He looked over to where Ricros was referring and gripped his sword tighter....

[roll0]

OCC: Is the crystal skull doing anything?

Greyen
2008-04-03, 10:38 PM
Dal

Grunt grunt squeal grunt grunt grunt. The wolverine says seemingly disapproving of the approaching undead.

Initiative [roll0]

de-trick
2008-04-04, 05:52 PM
Andreas

I believe i am both a genius and a fool, a lucky man and a cursed man, depends on the day
at the mention of undead, Andreas looks at his weapons well i guess i had my luck for the day(looking at his bow)

better get to it then
initiative[roll0]

alchemyprime
2008-04-05, 12:53 AM
(Dal
Andreas
Vashti
Ricros
Caleb
Zombie thing
Yumira

I think we need Raz. He needs to post soon. If no post by Monday, then I'll npc him.)

Greyen
2008-04-05, 01:13 AM
Dal

Twitch and Dal charge forward and attack the skeleton. The howl and his of their animal throats filling the air.

Dal
To Hit
damage [roll]1d4+2[/roll

Twitch
to hit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

de-trick
2008-04-05, 11:43 PM
Andreas readies a arrow, aims and fires a arrow, prying that his luck won't run out

[roll0]
[roll1]

alchemyprime
2008-04-06, 11:30 AM
Dal's attack misses the undead like he didn't attack at all. Twitch's attack manages to land. Andrea's arrow also hit's true, but it just seems to be sticking up in the side of the creature.

Vashti's turn.

Zimmia
2008-04-07, 09:55 AM
Vashti
Strumming on her hand harp, Vashti begins to quietly but clearly sing.

The group was sent to do a task
for someone so great he had no name
and down in this crypt we go to tame
lots of icky undead.

Inspire Competence +1.
Perform rolls if necessary: strings [roll0]
sing: [roll1]

alchemyprime
2008-04-07, 08:40 PM
Vashti's song inspires all around her. Ricros swears and pulls a red shuriken out of nowhere and chucks it at the creature. The shuriken explodes in a shower of sparks, burning it's flesh.

Caleb's turn.

(BTW, now the skull has turned golden.)

TheMeanDM
2008-04-08, 09:55 AM
(Sorry, was sick yesterday and gone all weekend)

Seeming to shake the cobwebs from his head, Rasael stretches forth his hand. A ball of purpilsh-black energy forms in the center of his palm. Suddenly the ball lashes out in a line toward the undead creature.

a ranged touch attack with Eldritch Blast

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

* man, heck of a way to roll on your first post back! :smallsmile:

alchemyprime
2008-04-08, 10:28 PM
The undead creature screams in pain and looks at Raz with vengence in his eyes.

Now it's Caleb's turn.
(Okay... I'm just going to put Raz before Caleb for now. Next battle, we'll all do initiative the right way. Kay?)

TheMeanDM
2008-04-09, 09:45 AM
(you didn't have to place me then, you can just place me last in the order, that's what I was expecting, actually)

alchemyprime
2008-04-09, 09:22 PM
(Raz is last after Dal's next turn. It is Caleb's now)

Kyeudo
2008-04-17, 07:45 PM
((Looks like he stopped following this game.

Until I see some indication of whether this creature is tough or not, Yumira is not going to be taking an action unless directly threatened. I didn't prepare spells for dealing with undead today and need to horde the ones that will be effective.))

alchemyprime
2008-04-17, 07:50 PM
(Again, CALEB'S TURN! Just to refresh your thread checkers...)

alchemyprime
2008-04-21, 09:58 PM
(sorry. Yeah, I'm going to say that this undead is tough. I'm dropping Caleb. If anyone asks what happened to him, we're goign with "Jeff's over there." Kay?)

The zombie thing attacks Dal with it's sickle. Dal gets hit in the arm, and the wound burns like holding snow for too long (4 slashing damage, 1 cold).

Yumira's turn.

Kyeudo
2008-04-21, 10:44 PM
((I said I was going to pass my turn. So far it isn't necessary for me to use one of my few undead appropriate spells, since the more martialy inclined of our group seem to be handling things.))

alchemyprime
2008-04-22, 09:49 PM
(Um... House Rule: If I forget someone said they were skipping, just the next guy go and remind me, kay?)

Kyeudo
2008-04-22, 09:50 PM
((Did this game die?))

alchemyprime
2008-04-23, 12:58 PM
(Gee, I sure hops not. If it did, want to go do another game, Kyeudo?)

de-trick
2008-04-24, 07:07 PM
(bump) dont want game to die

Kyeudo
2008-05-05, 11:39 PM
(Looks like this game is officialy dead. I'm pulling out.)

alchemyprime
2008-05-06, 08:23 AM
(Yeah. SOrry guys. School is about to kill me. I'm going to say this game is dead. If anyone wants to play a reboot of it in about June, just let me know.)