PDA

View Full Version : Rotating DM Game



DM_Rotate
2008-02-10, 01:43 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3918083#post3918083)

Characters submitted so far:
Eire Glitterdig, Dwarven Protection/War Cleric (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41271)

Elledan Araukalu (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41327) Elven Ranger

Sebastian, Monk (http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=7506)

Dave, the Barbarian (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2988)

Aeoa the Horselord (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3033)

Everhayt, Rogue (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=38430)


This is the first post. Fill it with adventure stuff. Make a cool Avatar for the DM. Whatever! :smallbiggrin:

DM_Rotate
2008-02-14, 10:40 PM
Ah, yes...

The anomalies.

"Choice shall end the War Eternal", it is written, is it not?

...

So be it.

...

Dark, everything is so dark...

Then red.

You wake up from what feels like a dreamless sleep. The land around you is utterly barren and rust colored, empty save for the red sky and the occasional jagged rocks dotting the flat landscape. No life can be seen, not even the occasional vermin or ragged brush.

You check yourself over, and notice that all your clothing and equipment that you last had on are with you. The five people next to you are just waking up as well.

What brought you here? The last you remember...

Remember...

Remember...

...

Your memories are but oblivion.

You cannot remember who you are, why you are wearing what you are wearing, why the gear that you own feel so familiar, who these people are...

You cannot remember why you are here.

There is one thing echoing in your mind:

"Choice Shall End the War Eternal"

Paladin Latham
2008-02-15, 03:01 AM
Woman on a Horse

"Ungh..."

You all see a young woman in a black, wicked-looking, razored chainmail bikini pull herself strait from the slump she was in astride a large black horse fitted with black chain barding, a horse with glowing red eyes.

"Easy boy"

She says to the horse in a gentle voice. Looking around herself at the expanse of nothing she asks offhand;

"Where are we?"

Then her eyes fall on the others around her.

"Who are you! State your names and rank!"

With that she draws a lance with a burning look in her dark eyes.

elkhantar
2008-02-15, 08:17 AM
Man on a ragged cloack

Choice? but who has to choose? wait!! The young man scratches his forehead wondering what that dream was all about. He puts a rebel lock of hair aside, dark as his clothes and armour. Stretching his muscles, he stands up and checks his belongings.

He plants his spear on the ground and leans against it, looking around at the others. The woman in chainmail armour is the first to catch his attention; particularly because she's the first one to speak.

His tattered cloak flutters around him as the wind picks up force in the barren land, and he clears his dry throat before replying.

I take it you are a soldier he says, noticing the language the woman used. Anyway, from where I am we use to introduce ourselves before asking anyone to reply in kind

He tries to keep a calm face and disguise his total lack of memories. My name is Kalender he says, making up as he speaks and I'm afraid that I sport no rank. Well, I'm introduced myself, now it's your turn to way who you are. he says, crossing his arms.

If needed, since this is all "fluff", I'll make a bluff roll. (the girl is pointing at him with a spear after all.)
bluff:[roll0]

Thymin
2008-02-17, 12:30 AM
Elledan

Coming to, Elledan is disoriented. Not having known sleep, the Elf seems dazed. He pushes against the ground getting his feet under him, and stands upright. His head hurt as he pondered the thought, the only thing he could remember...what choice? He looked around to see a group of people including a woman in wicked looking armor mounted on a powerful steed. She seemed upset and demanded name and rank. Name? Rank? I don't know...
Finding the woman's actions threatening, he pulls the longbow from his shoulder in a fluid and reflexive manner, nocking an arrow but not drawing... yet.
"Who might you be? Where did you come from?"

He sees another horse in the distance and this one seemed somehow familiar. He whistled loudly, and the horse began to gallop to him. I guess I'm familiar to it, too

13_CBS
2008-02-17, 05:25 PM
(...huh...where is everyone?)

As the three of you squabble amongst yourselves, you hear an unearthly howl, something unlike any that you've heard. In the far distance, about 500 meters away, you see the loping figures of three or so creatures. They seem to be using their long arms and short legs to run.

elkhantar
2008-02-18, 05:20 AM
Kalender

Troubled by his lack of memories, but far more by the incoming beasts, the slender man readies a small, recurved bow. I'm afraid we may be in an hostile environment and introductions will have to wait. he says, knocking an arrow.


He readies a shot. If they get closer and they seem to have noticed them and to be agressive, he'll shoot at them. (yeah, @ -14 due to distance, but I can always roll a 20...)

He'll keep shooting until they *seem* to be within charge range (judging by the distance they covered before). In that case he'll ready the spear against the charge.

DarknessLord
2008-02-18, 10:01 PM
Dave

The Howl of the creatures seems to awaken the sleeping dwarf. He gets up with a slight groan. His head hurt and he had no clue what was going on, or even, much to his surprise, who he was. He searched for something, anything, a name even, to give himself some clue as to who he was. He felt he was close to getting a name, when he felt something else get in it’s way “Dave”. It would have to do, his attention was diverted by those creatures, whatever they were, if they were hostile, he’d have to be ready to deal with them.

munimortal
2008-02-18, 10:48 PM
The stocky dwarf suddenly comes to.
"Arg! What is going on? Where the blazes are we?"

Who are these people and what kind of creatures are thoes? The dwarf wonders. Clad in silver splinted armor he very slowly rises to his feet. Dark brown curly hair and a very large beard cover his face. But his eyes are clearly visible, they burn with a desire to explore this strange new land. He eyes the people surrounding him. Glad to see a fellow dwarf he speaks again.

"My name be Eire Glitterdig, son of Ehie. My memory is not very clear, perhaps a tad too much Ale. Have we met? And what are thoes creatures there?"

Paladin Latham
2008-02-18, 11:49 PM
Woman on a Horse

"Ready yourselves! Creatures approach!"

Lost in the sensations that danger brings, the woman doesn't seem to care that she does not know who she is or why she is here at all. The threat brings out who she really is: A soldier.

Ready an action to charge the leading beast if it comes within 60ft. without showing signs of slowing.

munimortal
2008-02-19, 01:56 AM
"Perhaps the lass be right" Eire says as he unshieths his sword. "This might be getting ugly."

elkhantar
2008-02-19, 04:07 AM
Kalender

His arm trembles due to the pull of the bow. It's too soon... he thinks, and holds on, waiting for a clearer sight on his intended target. Are those friends of yours? he asks the recently awakened dwarves, in a mischievous tone.

Thymin
2008-02-19, 09:25 AM
Elledan:

As the horse nears, the elf notices the two dwarves awaking. Oh, great. Dwarves. They don't seem hostile... Maybe they're not the sort who blindly hate elves... or maybe they're my friends...?

Then he notices the strange looking creatures heading this way. By gods, what are those?

As soon as the horse he had called arrives, he swings into the saddle with a fluidity that belies his skill and familiarity with riding. As soon as he is mounted he replies to the others.

"I know not who any of you are. But his is not the time for squabbling. We must fight together against these creatures should they attack. Then we can get back to all of the 'who's who' questions."

If the creatures continue towards them he will draw his bow and fire as soon as they are in range. He keeps a wary eye on his companions until he hears some sign that they are in agreement to work together.


Not sure how many of these I need but here they are...

[roll1]
[roll2]
[ROLL="Sense Motive, Companions"]1d20+1
I'm not going to roll an attack just yet, but if you need one let me know :smallbiggrin:




[ROLL="Sense Motive, Companions"]1d20+1
not sure if it'll work in an edit though...:smallredface:
Edit: guess not... if you want me to reroll this let me know, but I'm not going to double post just to roll this otherwise...

13_CBS
2008-02-19, 05:01 PM
(Well, normally I'd just ask you to reroll, but...)

The loping ape figures draw closer, and you can finally see their details:

They are dark green, with wrinkled but tough looking skin. They have somewhat long, slightly drooping, slightly tattered ears, and between the ears a somewhat small, knobby head. A maw of glittering, glistening fangs protrude from where its abnormally large mouth, and threads of spittle swing to the creatures' loping gaits. The arms are long and end in sharp, wicked, claws. The creatures seem to be about the same height as the average dwarf.

They are almost upon you when...

*FWOOSH*

A gout of fire washes over them like a wave and incinerates them all, leaving nothing but ashes.

...

Silence...

And then a chuckle...

"Heh heh heh...they almost had you there. Good thing I was here to save you..."

The deep voice seems to come from nowhere until you look behind you. Standing there is a tall, scaly...thing standing two legs. Large wings of stretched hide over bone wrap around the being like a cloak. Two small horns protrude from its head, a head that looks vaguely reptilian. But this is no reptile...a vile feeling rises up within you as soon as you look upon this creature.

munimortal
2008-02-19, 08:20 PM
Eire was startled to see a wave of fire wash before him. "Now what in the world was that?" he thinks. But before an answer can be reached a feeling of sickness comes over him, as a new comer shows, him.... itself whatever it is.

""That was a little close. Who might you be? And where the blazes are we?"

The dwarf is obviously vexed. Even though the newcomer just possibly saved his life, he does not lower his sword, and prepares to defend himself.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-19, 09:01 PM
Woman on a Horse

The woman without a name is not 'grateful' for the rescue. This creature is likely the one who summoned them. Her response is reflexive, almost as though she has had encounters like this before.

"HA! RESCUE?! And what pray tell is the favor you require in return? DON"T ANSWER! I can feel your EVIL from where I sit! Sell your lies elsewhere BEAST!

The anger and contempt she emits is almost palpable.

DarknessLord
2008-02-19, 10:40 PM
The Dwarf shrugged, his armor made a small noise as he shifted slightly in it, he didn’t like the feeling he was getting from this guy. He didn’t know much about himself but he knew that he didn’t like being “saved” when he didn’t need saving, he would have rather this, creature, to have waited, so he could have got a chance see what those things were. He felt like he was being left intentionally in the dark about what exactly were those creatures, he kept a wary eye on this stranger, on all these strangers, as he didn’t know much about any of them.


[roll0]
[roll1]

elkhantar
2008-02-20, 09:02 AM
Kalender

Surprised by the roaring flames, the slender human lets the arrow loose, which flies far away in the horizon. He inspects the newcomer, frowning, while the others reply to the... thing.

Sense motive, thing:[roll0]
Sense motive, others: [roll1]


Well, at the very least you saved me some arrows, eeeh... sir? I guess? how can we address you? he asks, while subtly hanging the bow and grasping his spear.

13_CBS
2008-02-20, 10:31 PM
Kalender:


You sense that this...thing...does not bear any direct malice towards you or anyone else in this amnesiac group, but that's about it. As for the group itself, they all seem to be as confused as you are.


Elkantar:


You're not sure at all about what this creature is actually thinking. As far as you can tell, it just helped you out of its goodwill. As for the others, you sense that they're pretty much in the same boat as you are; confused and without their memories.

The creature chuckles, its soft laughter full of amusement and interest.

"Lies? Oh, but madam, I am not a liar. I assure you that, in this wasteland, defeating even those pitiful creatures would have been quite a challenge. " It then turns to Eire the dwarf.

"As for who I am...you may call me "Guardian", a...protector of these lands. And as you can see from the piles of ash over there, I perform my duties well."

The creature turns to you all and is about to say something when, with a flash of dark purple energy, another being erupts from the ground.

"DO NOT LISTEN TO IT!" it screams, its voice full of hatred and rage.

The new creature before you is about the same height and build as the first one, and it also radiates evil. Instead of scales, however, it is covered in patches of mangy fur. Instead of a reptilian head, it has a bare, bleach-white skull with blazing red eyes. It also has a pair of bat-like wings and large sword in its hand.

"Oh? " says the first creature, its voice too filled with hatred and anger. "You would dare intrude upon Lord Bel's territory?"

"SILENCE, DEVIL!

YOU, MORTALS. HEED ME. TRUST NOT THIS SILVER-TONGUED WORM, FOR HE SHALL HOLD YOUR SOULS LIKE GEMS BY THE END OF HIS LONG, CONVOLUTED SCHEMES. COME WITH ME, AND I SWEAR TO YOU THAT I SHALL PROVIDE AS MUCH PROTECTION, SUPPLIES, AND COMFORT AS MY...COLLEAGUES CAN PROVIDE. I ASSURE YOU THAT IN THIS WASTELAND, YOU WILL NOT LUXURIE-"

"Enough! Join me, mortals, and I shall give you not only security and comfort, but also power. Power to slay your imprisoners such as THAT!" The first creature points a clawed finger at the second.

Both seem on the verge of coming to blows, and both seem to be very eager to hear your responses.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-21, 01:43 AM
Woman on a Horse

The woman gives an incredibly wicked smile, her next words dripping like honey;

"Choose? You have yet to prove anything. Fight each other to the death here and now, before us, and maybe, having proven your strength, you will have our allegance. Don't, and you will have proven yourself the weaker, and a COWARD.

Caring not for their offers the woman sits still, waiting to see if their pride will bring out their true selves. Judgement sits astride a horse before them, condeming them for their very nature.

munimortal
2008-02-21, 02:12 AM
"I have to agree with the lass, Guardian indeed, both of ye feel evil to me. You say you offer friendship, yet from what I can tell, we were all brought here against our wishes. If we follow ya, how will we know what ye plan for us?"

Eire cannot decide which of these foul creatures to trust, he hopes in the wisdom of thoes surrounding him and of course in Corellon. He grips his sword tighter, getting a sense of security from his longsword. He prepares for the worst.

Thymin
2008-02-21, 09:45 AM
Elledan:

Seeing the flames burn up the creatures, the elf thought first that one of the waking members of his party must be a powerful mage, then hearing the sound of the voice he turned slowly, knowing somehow that he was definitely wrong. As he turned himself around enough in his saddle to see the creature, he was instantly aware of the creature's evil. He kept himself turned in his saddle so that his horse was facing away from the creature. He could tell that the sudden burst of flames had made the horse a bit jittery and did not want to risk the horse becoming spooked by this... thing. Whatever it was. When the second creature arrived he knew that something much larger than himself was going on here. What need could this group of mortals serve to creatures of such evil? Hearing the words of the woman and the Dwarf, he felt that enraging these creatures was unlikely to help their situation any. So he spoke his own thoughts loudly, hoping to get an answer. Whether or not he could trust that answer he knew not.

Speaking to the creatures he says, "I cannot speak for anyone else here, but I have many questions. Mainly, what is it that you want from us? I can't even remember who I am, and I have no idea who these others are. Some things feel familiar, my gear, my bow, my horse, but the rest seems so... foreign. It seems clear to me that you expect us to make some sort of choice, but how can we even begin? If you wanted to harm us, I imagine that fire blast might have just as easily been pointed at our backs as it was at the wild beasts. So I must conclude that you need us for something, and if I am right, then tell us what it is want."

He sits atop his horse with the hint of defiance on his face, ready to spur his horse onward, away from the beasts and ready to draw and fire his bow if the creatures turn hostile... He looks for anything that could be a weak spot where his arrow might cause serious damage.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

elkhantar
2008-02-21, 11:42 AM
Kalender

The thin black haired man speaks to the rest of the humans in the group. Well, as far as I know, "guardian" spared us and saved us some trouble, when he could well have roasted us. he says, pondering the options. But I don't want to judge by appearances only, since he could well have summoned those beasts to "save us", so I think we need some kind of proof other than their words.. Then, looking at the elf and somewhat troubled by the woman's words, he steps slightly aside, just in case conflict erupts among the two strange beings.

After moving to a safer position, he faces the "guardian" and asks him can you please explain what you meant when you called him imprisoner? he says, nodding towards the other creature.

13_CBS
2008-02-21, 12:38 PM
@ Elledan:
You can't really sense much about the creatures' motives. As far as you know, they both want to help you. As for their weaknesses, you get the feeling that your normal arrows just won't cut it, but that's about it.

You do sense, however, that your less than diplomatic words have not really done much of anything. They seem neither more or less offended.

The two creatures glare hatred at one another before answering your calls.

The first creature looks at the horsewoman and laughs. "What to prove, madam? I have just saved you from a pack of creatures bent on rending the very flesh from your bones! I was there, watching you all wake up as though you were dreaming, scurrying about in the dust, lost and confused! I could have let you all die, but here I am now, before you, offering you hospitality in this wasteland.

As for a fight...good try, woman, heh heh heh, but I have no intentions of spilling anymore blood today."

The second creature cuts in, "AND AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TO TEAR OFF YOUR WINGS AND FEED THEM TO YOU, NOR DO I." It then turns to Eire. "IF YOU JOIN ME, MORTAL, I SHALL PROVIDE FOR YOU PROTECTION, SECURITY, AND COMFORT. LOOK AROUND YOU, DO YOU SEE ANY WATER? ANY SOURCES OF FOOD? SHELTER? NO. YOU SEE NOTHING BUT RED ROCK AND MORE RED ROCK.

YOU ALL NEED SUSTENANCE, MORTALS...AND I CAN PROVIDE IT."

Then the two creatures hear Elledan's words and turn to him.

"Need? Ha! Such hubris, mortal. I do not need you for anything. I simply offer you assistance, as is my policy to do so for travelers in this wasteland. "

INDEED, YOU ARE NOT...NECESSARY, MORTAL. I SIMPLY WISH TO OFFER YOU HOSPITALITY. AND YOU ARE BUT PUNY HUMANS AND DWARVES; WHAT USE COULD I HAVE OF YOU?"

And finally, to Kalender:

"Imprisoner? Ah, yes. I call that thing your imprisoner because that is what he is; he was the one who brought you here."

"WHAT?! LIES! THAT WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT YOU TO THESE WASTELANDS, MORTALS, NOT I!" They seem to be on the verge of blows now.

DarknessLord
2008-02-21, 01:25 PM
Dave

The Dwarf listened to all that was going on, and all that was said between these two creatures, and seemed to be silently considering all that was said, until he spoke for the first time, his voice was gruff, and he lacked a sense of subtly but he came across as frank and honest, if not a little hostile to these creatures.

“I don’t like what I’m feeling from either of you; I can see no reason to accept either of your offers. If your offers of aid lack strings attached as you claim, but I doubt, then you can blame me as a suspicious and ungrateful dwarf, and frankly, I don’t care.” Dave somehow knew that dealing with people wasn’t his strong suit, but it seemed to him that if one of these beings wanted to kill them, they would have done so by now, in fact, they seemed to be rather adamant about getting this group of people to chose one or the other, it seemed that, despite their words, at least one of them needed them for something.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-21, 03:41 PM
Woman on a Horse

Still smiling, the woman continues along the same vain as before, her words enticing;

"Are you really going to let him..." *points to the other creature* "Get away with saying that? Defying you? Mocking you?"

Thymin
2008-02-22, 08:37 PM
Elledan:

"If you both simply want to help us, then why are you each so threatened by the possibility of us choosing the other one. If you do not need us for anything then you both must agree that there is some reason for you to want us for some reason. And I for one don't like being played as an unwitting pawn in the games of others. So if you would each like to explain what it is that we are to do for you then maybe we can come to the decision that seems so important to each of you..."

elkhantar
2008-02-23, 12:45 PM
Everhayt

What he said agrees the man who called himself Kalender pointing to Elledan. Since none of you claim yourselves to be the imprisoner, you won't mind pointing us to the way back to our homes. he says, seeking support in the others, particularly in the elf who seems the most reasonable or the group.

You, the guardian he says nodding towards the first creature. What can you tell us of where we are, who your lord is, what you offer, and what you think the other... he points to the furry creature ...wants of us. Then he can tell us his own version of the story. He waits for a brief moment and adds: Look, I don't mean to test your patience. I'm confused, tired, and my head is about to explode. If any of you expects us to join his side, just speak openly, let the other expose his points and don't try to play with us. ..anymore he adds internally. I think it's the least you can give us if you want us to decide.

13_CBS
2008-02-25, 02:46 PM
The first creature gives the second a very long look of loathing, then replies to the horsewoman and Elledan.
"Heh heh heh...a commendable attempt to get us to destroy one another, but ultimately futile. However, that does not mean that I will try to deny that filthy creature anything and everything, if possible. Including you.

As for returning you...I cannot. It is beyond my power to do so. That creature, and others like him, have used magics far too powerful to simply transport you out of here." At this, the second creature grubmles a few curses, muttering about how it was the FIRST creature who brought the mortals here...

"What do I offer you? As I said, food, protection, shelter. I do not know what THAT thing will offer you, but whatever it will be, it will not be to your benefit. He claims, as he said before, to offer you much of the same, but I assure you that he does not. And despite my..."discomforting" appearance, I am a...creature, of my word."

Thymin
2008-02-25, 02:54 PM
Elledan:


"...As for returning you...I cannot. It is beyond my power to do so. That creature, and others like him, have used magics far too powerful to simply transport you out of here."

The elf seems overly calm as he asks, "Wait. Are you saying that we cannot return, or simply that you cannot return us?"

13_CBS
2008-02-25, 04:16 PM
Elledan:
The elf seems overly calm as he asks, "Wait. Are you saying that we cannot return, or simply that you cannot return us?"

The thing replies, "I am unsure. All I know is that it is beyond my power to return you."

Paladin Latham
2008-02-25, 06:39 PM
Woman on a Horse

They are arguing over our allegance? They who could fight dragons on equal terms? Something is wrong here. I...I can't figure this out on my own...

Looking at both creatures the woman speaks with authority;

You both demand an answer now, but what you offer is unpalatable to say the least and must be discussed. Leave us. Return in one day and we will have the answer you seek.

DarknessLord
2008-02-25, 07:59 PM
Dave

Dave shakes his head.

“Lass, what we need isn’t time to consider this, if we must make a choice, and as I stated I’m not sure I like either option, time is not what we need. Give both creatures a chance to speak, so we have as much information as they’ll give us, then we can take time to figure it out.” Dave, spoke again, very bluntly and matter-of-factly however he (unintentionally) came across as slightly patronizing and like he felt like he was stating the obvious. He turned to the first creature.
“You done?”

elkhantar
2008-02-26, 11:37 AM
Kalender

Ok, that's a pretty good summary, and a good offer if, as Elledan said, there are no strings attached. I'd swear there are no strings, but adamantite chains... What about you? he asks the second creature. Can you return us to where we belong? what do you think he really wants? he says, pointing to the first creature.

munimortal
2008-02-26, 06:50 PM
"I dunno how you feel, but I feel that the first creature is not lying. He seems willing to help us, and to be honest, we have no idea where we are or how to get home. I vote we take his offer of friendship."

Eire knows that this creature could have aimed a little closer taking this whole group out of the equation. Still this offer of friendship seems a little vague. Eire stands still holding his sword, as he expects to do for quite a while, it brings him great comfort.

13_CBS
2008-02-26, 11:07 PM
"DEMAND? HMPH. I DO NOT SO MUCH DEMAND AN ANSWER AS MUCH AS I URGE YOU TO QUICKLY COME TO A DECISION. LIFE DOES NOT LAST LONG IN THESE WASTES, YOU SEE.

AS FOR YOU...NO. I AM ALSO UNABLE TO RETURN YOU. THERE IS A POWERFUL FORCE AT WORK HERE THAT PREVENTS ANYONE FROM SIMPLY LEAVING THIS PLACE. NOT EVEN I COULD SIMPLY USE MY ENCHANTMENTS TO FLEE THESE WASTES..."

Then the first creature turns to Dave. "Done? Quite so. I have offered my terms; come with me, and I shall provide you food, shelter, and supplies.

If you wish to deliberate over this issue longer, then I shall leave you with enough supplies and shelter to last a day. I cannot guarantee your safety from other foul creatures, and I cannot provide you any further assistance than that, unless you join me. Likely, this other fool will offer the same."

"OF COURSE."

Thymin
2008-02-27, 11:08 AM
Elledan:

"It seems strange to me that both of you are offering us seemingly identical deals, yet you swear the other offers us only deceit. How are we to choose between two identical deals? What say each of you about what you think the other expects from us in return. After all there must be some reason why you loathe each other. After you each answer that question I think we will be able to come to our decision after a short deliberation."

Hoping that the other mortals would be of help discerning the intentions of these creatures, the elf waits calmly for a response.