Still might buy stuff.

Edit: What a waste.

Bayar
2008-02-11, 03:12 AM
I am here...still might buy stuff...

Init:[roll0]

Bronz
2008-02-12, 09:43 AM
Eh..I've decided not to buy anything. Though that might change depending on your purchases.

Your go once you're done with your buying stuff.

Bayar
2008-02-12, 10:13 AM
Damn...cant decide what to buy...good thing I have 1 more day to think...

Bayar
2008-02-13, 02:58 PM
Alright...

@refs:
Buying a pot of invisibility...go figure, and a Cure Medium Wounds potion...that is 600 GP, my wins on the last round

Naked Dave, round 1

Starting in G11, I double-move behind the post, breaking LOS.I have my greatsword in my hands...
I declare you my chosen foe BTW...

Stats:
HP: 20/20
AC:18,T:12 ,FF:15
Speed: 30

Bronz
2008-02-13, 03:01 PM
Did you buy anything? I'm too lazy to look at your character sheet.

Bigmac
2008-02-13, 04:12 PM
purchases are common knowledge. No need to spoiler them.

Buying a pot of invisibility...go figure, and a Cure Medium Wounds potion

Bronz
2008-02-13, 05:03 PM
Ok, before I post I wanted to point out that I didn't notice an update to NakedDave's sheet, and didn't notice the new purchases or any old items taken off.

Only thing I'm curious about is if you still have your poisons, or any poison for that matter.

I will definitely have a response to the invis potion (*sigh*), just not sure which route I want to go: equality or spiteful.

Bayar
2008-02-14, 03:49 PM
actually, I want my purchases to be [private from now on...if I let my opponents know what I bought, then is it fair? Grez...orwhatever he was called did not post any purchases on his sheet, but had the purchase in his stat spoiler...and Iwasnt allowed to open that...saw it after the match...so dont do that again, or I will ask for match restart !!! :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :furious:

EDit: You know what? **** it...DAVE retires from this tournament...thanks to you BIGMAC...hope you are happy now...:smallannoyed:

Next time, dont open other guys secrets to his opponent...

Edit 2: And in case you think I am making this up, look: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3680692&posted=1#post3680692 . He did not have that scroll of invisibility listed on his char, nor did he had its value written down in the buying tab when we begun the match...so next time you do something like this, dont...

EDIT 3: GOD !!! I am so pissed now...<scrubbed> :mad:

Bronz
2008-02-14, 03:59 PM
Bayar,
Purchases are OPEN to other gladiators, and should be mentioned on the character sheet with an accounting section. I, personally, have not seen a match that someone did not let their opponent see their purchases.

It is an arena rule that purchases are made before the match starts, and these purchases are public knowledge.

It is up to you if you would like to retire Naked Dave from this round, but that is as its always been.

Edit: Taking a look at that match it seems both of you mentioned buying things, but neither of you asked the other what they were, or volunteered the information. At that point you should ask the other player if they bought anything, much as I did here, so that you have the most recent information possible. If KC didn't have it on his sheet that is incorrect, and it should have been. It could have been an easy mistake, as he did not mention purchases in any spoilers, only his buff from a scroll.

Bigmac
2008-02-14, 04:04 PM
Just beacue you lost in a previous match (that I never reffed in for that matter) due to someone changing their Character sheet after a match started is one thing. I'm just enforcing the rules. Purchases are to be made public via a character sheet or announced. You might have been able to steath the purchase on your sheet, but the sheet needed to be updated and I'm pretty sure Bronz would have noticed it. I was just speeding up the process since purchases are public knowledge. Sorry if that upsets you.

And, I was actually doing you a favor. Had you not listed the purchase on your sheet and used the scroll, I'm sure Bronz would have noticed and would have rightfully called for you to forefit the match or at the least not be able to use the scroll. Again, I'm sorry you lost to someone who in essence cheated by buying something and not listing it on his sheet. I didn't get involved in that match till the end, so I had no idea that his use of the scroll was illegal. Refs make mistakes, it happens. We do this a service, and I don't appreceate being yelled at for it.

Bayar
2008-02-14, 04:05 PM
Then why did I did not know about the scroll of ****ing invisibility ??? Are you kidding me ?

"Hey amn ! I am going to buy a poison so that I can kill you faster because you have crappy CON. Be sure to pack a antivenom !"

"Hey ! I am buying a Invisibility potion! make sure you get a see invisibility so I waste my ****ing money on it! Or better yet, buy an invisibility potion, that way we can have ****ing dodgeball in the dark!"

"Hey...I am just buying the item that will bring your doom, be sure to pack a countermesure!"

I dont want my opponents to know what I buy, so that I dont have weaknesses...it is part of my tactic...so give me damn break !

EDIT: From now on, I will state that I buy SOMETHING...but not even the refs will know what it is...happy ?!?!

Bronz
2008-02-14, 04:10 PM
Then why did I did not know about the scroll of ****ing invisibility ??? Are you kidding me ?

"Hey amn ! I am going to buy a poison so that I can kill you faster because you have crappy CON. Be sure to pack a antivenom !"

"Hey ! I am buying a Invisibility potion! make sure you get a see invisibility so I waste my ****ing money on it! Or better yet, buy an invisibility potion, that way we can have ****ing dodgeball in the dark!"

"Hey...I am just buying the item that will bring your doom, be sure to pack a countermesure!"

I dont want my opponents to know what I buy, so that I dont have weaknesses...it is part of my tactic...so give me damn break !

I feel I can't argue anymore as I am a player in this match, not a ref, and therefore not impartial. It is your choice to forfeit or not.

Bigmac
2008-02-14, 04:12 PM
No, that's not acceptable. Sorry, that's the way the arena works. Check out my match with Kyeudo (drago vs taleron). We both clearly state our purchases, even though that means that the stuff we bought has the potential of being useless. That's the breaks. If Kyeudo, the HEAD ref, knew that he should delcare purcheses, then why do you think that you should be the exception?

Bayar
2008-02-14, 04:12 PM
Look, I didnt defeat the mother of all ****ing abominations to have my tactics obliterated by a spoiler...OK? I will keep my dignity and leave this tournament...hope you guys are happy and dance around naked in the rain for all I'm concerned...

Bronz
2008-02-14, 04:16 PM
I am certainly not happy, as I was looking forward to this fight.

And by the way, a simple invisibility potion would have completely negated an immediate action. Psychodelia is hardly invincible.

Bayar
2008-02-14, 04:21 PM
For this match, I buy the following: Masterwork ****. make sure you bring the toiletpaper...

My tactic was to break LOS, drink the potion, sneak near you, ragge and charge...BOOM headshot ! But nooo !!! I have to say what I want to do, so my opponent has time to sharpen his lance against a charge...why dont I just jump in the lance myself...or cut my own neck with my sword....wont it be easier?

Jeez! This is like someone reads your spoilers!

And my blood pressure has risen soo much now that I wont be able to get any sleep...and it is almost midnight...hope you are happy...

Bronz
2008-02-14, 04:29 PM
Ah, as good a tactic as any. And I'm sorry your blood pressure is up, it wasn't on purpose.

But you need to make a decision if you are really forfeiting. If you are, we can get on with the round. If you're not, we can get on with this match.

Talic
2008-02-14, 04:45 PM
Initiate Ref Talic

Yes, Bayar, the opportunity to counter one move with another is part of the arena. It was when I joined. I suspect this rule has been in place since you joined. From my brief stint so far as a ref, I can promise you that's it's frightfully easy to overlook one minor piece of information that makes a world of difference. That is why the refs rely on the players in the match to bring violations, whether intentional or not, to our attention. Is it fair? Probably not. Refs catch some things, and miss others. But in an arena where sometimes I have to go back 10 posts to find someone's location, cross reference it with scattered hay, shattered glass, scattered planks, a sinking continent, summoned creatures, area spell effects such as entangle, and a host of other things, it's just not possible to be perfect.

As for the tactic you suggested, it could possibly have worked better if your character had invested more into stealth, and used natural cover. Perhaps other nonmagical means. Perhaps you buy two potions and make him wonder which one you drink. It's not anyone else's place though, to think of any of that. It's up to each player to devise his or her tactics.

In accordance with your request in the Arena waiting room and here, I'm willing to accept withdrawal. I'm not happy to do so, but the game's about fun, and if you're not having it, then perhaps taking a step back to clear your head isn't entirely a bad thing.

Bronz is declared the victor by withdrawal, and receives the prizes noted above.

Paladin Latham
2008-02-14, 05:45 PM
Note: Initiate Refs cannot call a match. I will uphold the call though, if that is what Bayar wants.

Bronz
2008-02-14, 05:49 PM
Heh you got there before I did Paladin. I'll take the win, but grudgingly.

Talic
2008-02-14, 06:30 PM
Note: Initiate Refs cannot call a match. I will uphold the call though, if that is what Bayar wants.

Sorry 'bout that. That privilege isn't very clearly outlined on the ref rights & responsibilities entry. Won't happen again.

Sheesh, and I came up with my good speech and everything.

Bronz
2008-02-14, 11:12 PM
Sorry 'bout that. That privilege isn't very clearly outlined on the ref rights & responsibilities entry. Won't happen again.

Sheesh, and I came up with my good speech and everything.

It was a good speech though. I nearly shed a tear.

Bayar
2008-02-15, 06:37 AM
Dave is an idiot...
He rages...and coup de grace's himself...and he dies...for all eternity...

I will create another fighter/barb soon though...more optimised for combat, in melee and range...

FEAR ME !!!