PDA

View Full Version : Combat Scriptable ToB Maneuvers

Eldmor
2008-02-11, 10:44 AM
I'm playing a variant Marshal that has a maneuver progression with access to Stone Dragon and White Raven and I have a Martial Lore of +8. What maneuvers would be good for me to buy as combat scripts?
My character is an adamantine warforged and I'm the meat shield for the party. I already know Douse The Flames, Stone Bones, Lead The Attack, and Stone Vice.

Darrin
2008-02-11, 01:53 PM
I'm playing a variant Marshal that has a maneuver progression with access to Stone Dragon and White Raven and I have a Martial Lore of +8. What maneuvers would be good for me to buy as combat scripts?

Pick up Mountain Hammer ASAP, either as a martial script or one of your known maneuvers. This is you're go-to can opener for anything that has DR or hardness. After that... the usefulness of White Raven Tactics is beyond words. Even though the Sage put the kibosh on using it on yourself, using it on other party members, particularly spellcasters, is still towards the deeper "wicked awesome" end of "teh borken" pool.

Martial scripts do not have any IL or prerequisite requirements, just a Martial Lore check (DC 20 + maneuver level), so you could pick up any maneuver from any discipline on a martial script. So it sounds like what you're essentially asking is, "Out of the entire ToB, which maneuvers are the best?" If that's the case, then it depends on what you're trying to do.

A martial script can only be once, but lasts for the entire encounter, so maneuvers that can be used multiple times or a stance that can be used every round would probably be best. I'm not sure how martial scripts work with recovery methods, however... it's not clear from the rules if the new maneuver is added to your list of known maneuvers and can then be recovered or granted later in the same encounter. It could be anything that isn't a stance is a one-shot maneuver.