PDA

View Full Version : "Bring your homebrew class" campaign



Pages : [1] 2

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 05:29 AM
Monchique was a peacefull little village in the top of an hill. The soil was fairly rich, and the sea was nearby, wich allowed it's habitants to lead a decent life out of farming, hunting and fishing. After some kilometers of plains, to the east and west were tall mountains, while at north of the village a tick forest existed. Tales told that strange creatures lived on that forest, so most villagers never adventured too deep on it. Sometimes a merchant would appear once or twice a year, from the least tick parts of the forests, but for all purposes the village was pretty much isolated from the world.

The village had however it's motive of pride. Many time ago a small group of monks had taking a liking to the village and built a monastery near the sea. There they would train in that peacefull place, perfecting their bodies and minds. In those rare cases a dangerous wild beast would come from outside the monks would use their martial arts to drive them back, wich earned them the gratitude of the villagers.

All was peacefull and well.

Untill today.

You could hear the screams high in the air. You could see the smoke raise to the skies. The sound of clashing weapons was distant but there.

For your own reasons reasons you were far from the village at that moment. Some of you were travelers from other places just arriving, others were hunting or exploring. But whatever the motive, you weren't there at that moment. As quickly as possible, you went to the village, but arrived too late.

The houses were burning. The streets were covered with bodies. Most of them villagers, but between them there were soldiers with red armors and an eagle symbol on the back you never had seen before. At the main square of the village it was the worst scene. Atop a pile of soldier bodies all the monks of the village lay dead. Clearly they tried to make a last stand there but the invader numbers were too great. The 14 monks who resided in the village had taken down at least 3 times as much of these soldiers before going down. The armors and weapons left behind are shatered and useless. Whoever attacked has taken everything that could still be of any use.

A deep trail on the earth soaked with blood clearly shows that the invading force, after their attack, exited the village by the same way they had entered:by the trail leading to the forest at north.

As you explore the ruins in search of survivors you meet each other.
OoC:(present yourselves and offer sugestions on what to do now)

expirement10K14
2008-02-13, 09:21 AM
Throk runs into the village from the south. He had been monitoring the south road when the attack happened. As he enters the village he stops, seeing the carnage that had taken place.

"Is anyone here alive," he shouts, pulling out his great sword, "Any one alive needs to get away from the burning buildings.

dual_wielder
2008-02-13, 09:27 AM
Ezren Icuro's tired eyes looked to the North, and at first he thought the smoke and the noise was just his tired mind playing tricks on him. He heard the screams of men, women, and children when he finally realized that this was no illusion. He ran as fast as his sore legs could carry him, ignoring the stabbing cramps that were forming all over his body. He reached the center of the village and looked at the pile of bodies in disbelief. He hears the sword-bearing man screaming for survivors, and does the same, before approaching the warrior beside him.

Sir! Sir! What happened here? Who are these strange soldiers? What type of foul crime occured here?

Bandededed
2008-02-13, 10:20 AM
Ryu

Having been away from the monestary on a trip for the monks, Ryu was surprised and upset when he spotted the smoke rising from the village. Grabbing his shield in one hand and his bastard sword in the other, he raced toward the village.

Finding he was too late to do anything, he approached the two other warriors slowly, and asked quietly, "Do either of you know what happened here? This atrocity must not go unavenged," Suddenly, thinking he heard a sound, Ryu shut his mouth and listened.

Ach! I accidentally deleted the roll! I'll just take whatever you want me to. My modifier is +4

Uncle Festy
2008-02-13, 11:18 AM
((You rolled a 12 with a +2 mod, so that would be a 10.))

Rathnor
The dwarf charges into the city, blunderbuss loaded. He's entirely bald - not from aging, but from (what looks like) fire. "Alright! Nobody move! I've got a big gun, and I'm not afraid to use - was there an explosion here? Ooh! That looks like a nice explosion. I wonder what caused it? Definitely not gunpowder, there'd be more charring, but..." His voice trails off, his attention totally focused on the explosion. He's entirely oblivious to the world around him.

((Yeah. Rathnor's really uncharismatic, and usually misevaluates any given situation. Oh, and he loves anything that goes boom.

expirement10K14
2008-02-13, 12:21 PM
Throk turns towards the dwarf, "Are you daft? The village has been destroyed, everyone but us seems to be dead. Does anyone here have good tracking abilities? We should follow these foot steps, they may lead us to the monsters that did this."

Throk notices the odd symbols on the armor and looks closer at one of the bodies.
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 12:30 PM
Ryu

Ach! I accidentally deleted the roll! I'll just take whatever you want me to. My modifier is +4

You can only listen to the houses burning and the newcomers.

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 12:53 PM
Throk turns towards the dwarf, "Are you daft? The village has been destroyed, everyone but us seems to be dead. Does anyone here have good tracking abilities? We should follow these foot steps, they may lead us to the monsters that did this."

Throk notices the odd symbols on the armor and looks closer at one of the bodies.
[roll0]

It's the body of a well muscled tall male human . The hair is black and cut short and seems to be in his 20-30. His skin color's is more or less the same of the villagers, but looks healthier, like someone who never suffered of the common sickness. His brown eyes are still open. He was well shaven whitout beard or mustache. Some blunt weapon shattered the back of his scale mail, but the cause of death seems to be a broken neck. He still holds the haft of a broken spear.

The Symbol is an red eagle with details of white in the eyes, chest and feathers. It's very well drawn and you're almost sure it was made by magic. Ignoring the broken parts and the blood spilled the armor seems to be rather clean and well taken care off. His boots however are sturdy and tick and seem to be used to walk a long distance. The clothes under the armor are also relatively good quality, sugesting he was well paid.

Those informations combined strongly sugest that these soldiers were an highly disciplined professional force. Whoever trained them is whitout doubt rich and powerfull.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-13, 01:47 PM
The dwarf turns towards Throk. "You could call me daft. You could also call me graft, or laughed, or draft, or... oh, I don't know, Drizzl, or Fredrico F. Buguresa, or Edward Roses-and-velt. But I'd prefer if you called me Rathnor, dwarven Black Powder Mage and demolitions expert extraordinare. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Rathnor stands up, and proffers a grimy, sooty hand to Throk.
((Is there any knowledge skill that would represent being a demolitions expert?))

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 02:35 PM
OoC:knowledge:engineering

Bushwhacked
2008-02-13, 03:24 PM
A man turns a corner of the path that the rest are on and comes into view a short distance off. His silver hair and chain shirt look red-copper in the fire light. He scans the carnage noting the monks and the damage to the buildings.

He turns and see's the gathering, starts moving towards them, but just as he steps over one of the soldiers bodies he stops and looks down. *In elvish and to himself*"That bird..."

Finally he makes his way over and says "The battle here was very one sided are you all survivors? Or perhaps your mercenaries picking the ruins for your pay?"

Koga
2008-02-13, 03:34 PM
Alexander steps over the bodies, it's almost impossible not to step on some dead person's face, the stench of blood and ash permeate his nostrils. Alexander wants to feel bad, it didn't look like these people deserved it,

but then, it never looks like they deserve it, and then they turn on you. The living always do...


Alexander hear's the offenssive comment.
"Mercenary?! I wouldn't waste my time slaughtering men in rags. These vermin are barely worth my sight of vision... I'm just curious as to what sortof man it takes to slaughter an innocent village."


Alexander looks around, you can tell by his expression he doesn't care of what transpired. What you can't tell is what he's thinking:
"These corpses would make a great army to Nerull. It would be a beautiful site for them to rise from thier slain state to get revenge on whoever did this to them. Justice would prevail!"

As he looks behind him, he doesn't see Bob or The Dean, more then likely out searching for spare food or anything shiney on the slain. Aint gonna find anything on these poor saps..

Koga
2008-02-13, 03:42 PM
(Bob's search check: )
[roll0]

(The Dean's search check, all animals have an int of 2: )
[roll1]

warlock2000
2008-02-13, 04:36 PM
Experiment 14

Coming from the east 14 seen the smoke from the village. He came quickly as he could but found himself there for too late to be any help. Greatsword on his back he is drawn to the group conversing. Taking in the sight before him he looks at everyone. "Are any of you from this village? Do you know what happened?"

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 04:38 PM
The pig sniff trough the bodies but doesn't find anything of interest.

Bob is somewhat more lucky and finds some decent clothes whitout blood or cuts on a villager who got his head impaled by an arrow against a wall and thus didn't fall to the ground. No merchant would give even a copper piece for them for being crudly made and old, but they surely look much better than the dirty rags the half orc currently uses.

Koga
2008-02-13, 05:11 PM
Experiment 14
"Are any of you from this village? Do you know what happened?"
Alexander sarcasticaly looks at him, then back down at the bodies, then back up at him.

"People died..." looks back down..
"Alot of them..."

dual_wielder
2008-02-13, 05:12 PM
Ezren looks surprised as so many newcomers arrive so quickly. "What are the odds of so many warriors arriving just after the battle? Surely this many men could have turned the tide..." he thinks to himself. He turns to the silver haired man, and looks him up and down before responding.

Mercenary? Maybe at one time, but not today. It seems like not one of us really knows what happened here. Are any of you skilled trackers? Not even skilled, necessarily, just good enough to find where these soldiers have gone. I, for one, am horrified by what happened here, and would like some answers.

He looks around the group, hoping that one of them can help him track down these dark soldiers, or that at least some of them are as disturbed by this spectacle as he.

Koga
2008-02-13, 05:21 PM
Mercenary? Maybe at one time, but not today. It seems like not one of us really knows what happened here. Are any of you skilled trackers? Not even skilled, necessarily, just good enough to find where these soldiers have gone. I, for one, am horrified by what happened here, and would like some answers.

Alexander crosses his arms and calmy states.

"There's only so many possibilities.

A) They were bandits, but i somehow doubt bandits would be this organized or succesful. So I'm not going to assume that much.

B) It was a powerful wizard of some kind. Though If that were the case I don't think people would look butcherd like this.

Or C) It was a military of some sort. This seems the most plausible by the way the battle looks. However, I don't see what there would be to gain from a seemingly poor village. Unless maybe there was a shortage of rags.


If it is as I suspect, a war-crime has been commited. Are you prepared to seek justice at the expense of being called a traitor?"

Bushwhacked
2008-02-13, 05:39 PM
"So your not even all together then, i guess a blazing town draws an audience..." he looks down and shifts a body of one of the soldiers with his feet so that the eagle is visible. "Your third theory has the most merit, bandits wouldn't wear a uniform, i'm not even going to debate your wizard theory.
"Does anyone know this crest? Its all very well following our red-eagle army, and i dont think it would be to hard but i'd like to know who i'm dealing with first"

dual_wielder
2008-02-13, 05:44 PM
A traitor? A traitor against whom? I owe these men no allegiance, and wouldn't feel the least bit guilty if these villagers were avenged. They are just another military faction most likely, as there are so many of these days. And I am afraid that I do not recognize the crest on their armor... Strange.

He bends down to examine the body of a soldier more closely, but knows that it is useless. He stands back up and stretches out his sore muscles, trying to work out the kinks and cramps.

Koga
2008-02-13, 06:10 PM
Alexander takes one of the armored bodies and begins stripping off the armor. And puts it in his book bag, the weight of the armor combined with his normal gear would be too much to carry, as much as it pains him to ask his incompetant slave.

"Bob! Come'ere! You're going to have to carry my bag for me. There's armor inside too, don't touch anything in there. Just carry it."

Bob nods and grunts cause he doesn't speak poor common, he shows Alexander the clothes he found.

"Yes Yes, whatever you find on these bodies in your's to keep, I don't care.."

He puts The Dean on the head and says.

"I guess will be traveling to the next town together.. it'd be safer then traveling alone if there's military dogs. If they'll kill a village, i'm sure they'd kill a suspicious looking bunch like us.."

Uncle Festy
2008-02-13, 07:23 PM
"Sounds like a plan to me. I've got nothing better to do."
Rathnor inspects the buildings, seeing if he recognizes anything about them, or if he can discern anything about how they were destroyed.
Know: Engineering: [roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 08:08 PM
The houses seem to be of the typical regional arquitecture. The walls were made out of stones with wooden suports and the ceiling has ceramic plates suported by wood. Decent quality, made to endure. The materials used are all common on the surrounding lands.

The wood was aparently doused in some combustible, and ignited, making the houses crumble quickly after that. You don't recognize the combustible, but it burned much better than regular oil.

However you notice some zones of the houses that seem to have crumbled before the fire started. The stone itself in those zones seems to be strongly charred and cracked,wich either means explosives or elemental magic. Fairly strong elemental magic or explosives, but you can't discern wich or how strong exactly.

In some places however the houses seem to have been demolished whitout the need of fire due to a large radius of detrits. The stones are only slightly charred wich eliminates the possibility of elemental magic or explosions. This means they were taken down by some heavy kinetic force. Very probaly either an heavy siege weapon or some large very strong creature was present in the battle.

One way or another whoever did this wanted to clear this village from the map. Little will be left of the fires.

expirement10K14
2008-02-13, 08:12 PM
We should probably leave before the whole town is destroyed. We should follow the tracks and find where they lead, then kill whatever we find there. Whoever did this deserves to die.

warlock2000
2008-02-13, 08:35 PM
"If you don't mind the company of a stranger I will be glad to come with you. I have traveled alone for far too long."

dual_wielder
2008-02-13, 08:39 PM
Ezren smiles at Throk, nodding his head in agreement.

I agree. This attack happened very recently, so the remaining soldiers can't be far ahead. If we leave now, we should be able to catch them shortly. Our group is smaller and will travel faster. Whoever our tracker is should lead the group. I will follow behind them.

Ezren then shoulders his bedroll and draws his sword, preparing himself for the sure to be dangerous journey.

Bandededed
2008-02-13, 08:53 PM
Ryu

Still trembling with fury, Ryu quickly agrees with Throk, "You are correct. The perpetrator of these acts should and will be punished. I will make certain,"

Checking to make sure none of his gear had fallen off, he readies himself to follow and assault whoever he finds, barring only any captives.

Just before they leave, Ryu looks again at the mass of bodies which includes the monks. "I will make certain," he mutters just loud enough for the others to hear, though he seems to be addressing the monks.

Oslecamo
2008-02-13, 08:56 PM
Ooc: start thinking on wich formation you will tavel. Who goes in front, who goes in back, who goes in the middle, if you go side by side, with how much space between you, etc.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-13, 09:18 PM
Raz was out hunting when he noticed the column of smoke rising from the general direction of the village. As he nears the village and realizes the true extent of the damage, he checks his pace and moves carefully.

What happened here! Why would they do this? We were just a peaceful village, with no resources or...wait. There are others here. That's Ryu! If he survived, maybe others did.Raz seems to run to the only living familiar face he can see, keeping his eyes away from the dead, as if to deny that almost everyone he knows is dead. Once he nears Ryu he shout out:
Ryu! What happened here? Did anyone survive?
Al the while clutching Ryu's arm as if he represents some slim hope.


Psionically focused. +10 to movement speed.
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]
Powers Manifested:Synesthete,9 min. left(manifested about 1 min out of the town.) +4 bonus on Spot, Search, and Listen checks.

expirement10K14
2008-02-13, 09:38 PM
Okay, who here can track? They should go in front. Followed by any one with some tough armor and swords, then the spell casters and marksman should head up the rear.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-13, 10:01 PM
I don't have the track feat yet, but I do have survival(track feat at level two), plus I believe that my hide and move silently skills are pretty high. Therefore, I suggest I go first, and then move back once contact is made.

Koga
2008-02-13, 11:43 PM
"I and my colleagues Bob and The Dean will protect you from behind comrades, so nothing tries to sneakup on you."

Bob can't speak good common, but you can tell by his expression and the shake of his head Alexander is just trying to getout of being infront.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-14, 03:46 AM
Looks about the group once again trying to asses each one on what they would do in a fight. "I'm eager enough to find these people myself and if you want me fighting to my best ability let me stand centre-second-row."

Oslecamo
2008-02-14, 05:52 AM
The ground around the village is mostly soft ground, and the attacking force was very large and made no atempt to cover their passage. Plus there is several signs of blood on the ground on a way outside the village. This makes the first tracks easy to follow even for someone not specialized in this kind of activity.

Ooc:you can use the survival skill to follow tracks if the DC is 10 or lower whitout need of the track feat. Give it a try, you'll probably find them.

However I must remind you that moving silently halves your speed and following tracks also halves your speed, so doing both at the same time will make you move at one quarter normal speed.

Bandededed
2008-02-14, 09:18 AM
Raz was out hunting when he noticed the column of smoke rising from the general direction of the village. As he nears the village and realizes the true extent of the damage, he checks his pace and moves carefully.

What happened here! Why would they do this? We were just a peaceful village, with no resources or...wait. There are others here. That's Ryu! If he survived, maybe others did.Raz seems to run to the only living familiar face he can see, keeping his eyes away from the dead, as if to deny that almost everyone he knows is dead. Once he nears Ryu he shout out:
Ryu! What happened here? Did anyone survive?
Al the while clutching Ryu's arm as if he represents some slim hope.

Ryu

Ryu seems unsure of how to feel, seeing someone else alive. "I don't know what happened," he admits sadly. "But whoever did this won't get away! Come with us, we will destroy these dastardly evil-doers,"

"I should be near the front of the middle; I'm good at seeing things, but I'm not much for moving sneakily,"

OOC:

However I must remind you that moving silently halves your speed and following tracks also halves your speed, so doing both at the same time will make you move at one quarter normal speed.

Actually, it's not that either of those halves your speed, but rather that you take penalties for each of those if you move over half of your speed.

Oslecamo
2008-02-14, 09:44 AM
[COLOR="Blue"]
OOC:


Actually, it's not that either of those halves your speed, but rather that you take penalties for each of those if you move over half of your speed.

Ooc:-5 penalty for any of them while moving at normal speed, you're right.

dual_wielder
2008-02-14, 10:33 AM
As I said before, I will walk right behind the tracker. Perhaps we should walk in double file with the tracker in front.

I was thinking of something like this.
1
2 3
4 5
6 7
8 9

1 would be the ranger. Everyone can just pick whatever number they want so we can do this quickly. Ezren will take position 2.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-14, 11:18 AM
"I know the formation, and your right of to choose it of course, some difficult ground to cover surrounding this town. I think the pig and its owner will do as a rear-guard" Looks critically at Alexander but doesn't wait for a responce then to Ezren he says "I'll hapily have your back."

position 4

expirement10K14
2008-02-14, 02:53 PM
"I'll stay in front."

position 3

Bandededed
2008-02-14, 04:00 PM
Guess I'll go with 5.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-14, 05:19 PM
I'll take 6.

warlock2000
2008-02-14, 08:53 PM
(9 guarding the rear)

Koga
2008-02-14, 09:33 PM
(I guess I'll take 8)

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-14, 09:38 PM
Hearing Ryu's word raz looks down for a moment, but then steps back. On the ground is a severed hand with a somewhat simplistic copper band on it, but he recognizes his sister's hand. Bending down, he gently pries the ring off, slipping it into his belt pouch as he rises.
Vengence would feel...nice. Anyone who wishes to follow should keep up with me.
And with that Raz heads down the road seeking the rest of the men responsible for this atrocity, but those close enough can see a few tears fall down his face and onto the ground.
Well, I guess I'm number one by default.
Raz is going to look for tracks, then use survival to try and track them(though if the DC is over 10 he auto-fails because he lacks the track feat). He will move half speed(20ft per round) while doing this so as not to gain any penalties.
Survival: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]
Move Silently: [roll2]
Spot: [roll3]
Listen: [roll4]
Search: [roll5]
Note: The rolls factor in the bonuses from Synesthete. Just subtract 4 from Listen, Spot, and Search rolls to get the number+base modifier.

Koga
2008-02-14, 09:48 PM
Alexander sees the hysterical Ryu and mutters in diabolic under his breath, figuring none of these mortals know the language of devils.
" ~~"
(Translation: "Whiner...")

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2rNLX8TxI4
I had too.. XD)

Oslecamo
2008-02-15, 05:54 AM
Raz finds the tracks of the attacking force. They lead to the forest to the north. He takes take an hour to reach them.

The inside of the woods is dark, with tick vegetation. Pines, some oaks, with small bushes here and there, with few grass. Some birds sing above while
smaller animals crawl in the ground.

Sudenly Raz hears some low voices deep in the trees, in common, .

"They are aproaching! Ezren is with them but one on the group has a red armor like the group that wiped out that pathetic human village!"-a small doghish voice says

"I don't know if we should attack them..."

"Weaklings"-says a much stronger brutish voice-"We've been following him for weeks now. His horse is dead. His old companions have disbanded. We'll kill him like the others, take his head and then I'll finnally receive the position I deserve. You have been given the honor of serving me in this quest, and you should only take pride on following my orders. I say we attack them now and kill them all to leave no witness, and that is what will be done."

"We are not your slaves."-says another dogish voice, but stronger than the first ones-"We've been put togheter as a trial of our recent alliance, and we have as much reasons to hunt these humans as you have, but I'll not fight a battle I don't have good odds to win. I say we prepare a good ambush with traps and then attack."

Aproaching carefully, you see a small group partially hidden. the first you notice is a mounted bald duergar. He wears medium black armor and has a large heavy looking hammer. He rides a light warhorse, in wich saddle's you can distinguish several tied human heads roting. He's so ugly the kobolds look like nymphs near him.

Around them there are 8 kobolds. 7 of them are regular looking kobolds with leather armors and crossbows but one of them wears a chain shirt and wields a large bulking weapon with a big hole on the middle. You are admired he can even carry it around. He's no ordinary kobold.

However, sundely one of the kobolds looks at the party's place and screams. The party has been spoted!

"They're already here! Battle formation!"-screams the kobold with the big weapon.

"Ah, we finnally meet Ezren!"-laughs the duergar-"I'm sorry but we can't allow that people who refuse to join our side to run around freely. Your head will join that of your companions! Attack!"

By some sick luck, however, Raz hasn't been spoted yet, allowing him to strike before anyone else.

Oslecamo
2008-02-15, 06:09 AM
Ooc:I'll roll iniative for everybody to speed things up. Highest iniative starts and then goes passing to the lowest. Raz gets an suprise round to do whatever he wants before the battle actually starts.

Duergar:[roll0]

Kobold leader:[roll1]

Kobold squad:[roll2]

Experiment 14:[roll3]

Raz:[roll4]

Ezren[roll5]

Alexander[roll6]

Ryu[roll7]

Byen[roll8]

Rathnor[roll9]

Throk[roll10]

In case of ties the character with highest base modifier goes first.

Oslecamo
2008-02-15, 06:24 AM
Ooc:Oh, yes, the battle formation:

eeeeee
ekeDeke
kSkDeke
ekeeeke
eTebeTe
bebeeeb
eeeeeee
eb1beTe
bb23bee
ee45eee
ee6eeee
ee89eee

Legend: k-kobold S-kobold leader D -duergar(mounted)
e-empty space
b-bush, dificult terrain(half speed), normal concealment(20% miss)
T-tree, can't be crossed, blocks line of effect and sight.

The numbers are your positions. 1, 2 and 3 are over bushes.

Let the fight begin:smallsmile:

Uncle Festy
2008-02-15, 11:09 AM
((Let's clear this up a bit.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/Uncle_Festy/Maps%20for%20Homebrew%20Game/TheFirstRound.png
Ah, now I can think. :smallbiggrin:
Can I be designated mapmaker for the campaign?
Anyhow, I think I can get a clear shot off at the Duregar (within 30 ft, or my first range increment) from the square 5 ft. to the left of Raz. If not, I'll move 5 ft. to the right of... crud, I'm blanking. Expirement10K14's character. That's definitely a clear shot at the Duregar, but won't be in increment 1. If so, subtract whatever you normally subtract when you attack within two range increments. What is that, anyways?))
Rathnor's eyes narrowed as he saw the deep dwarf on the horse. "Duergar," he says, and then spits on the ground, as if to clear his mouth of the curse of the word he just said. He quickly leaps out from behind his allies, and jumps forward, brandishing his Blunderbuss, and then firing it at the Duergar, screaming, "Eat black powder, you dark - skinned abomination!"
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (range increment 1) // [roll2] (range increment 2)

Oslecamo
2008-02-15, 12:17 PM
Ooc: Very nice map. Actually I should be the one making the maps, but I totally forgot about photobucket, so I ended up improvising with letters.

So I thank you very much for your offer but I'll take the work of creating maps for the next rounds and battles with photobucket. It's my duty as the DM.

The penalty for each range increment above the first is -2. Thrown weapons can be inccremented up to 5 times and projectile weapons up to 10 times.

And it's still not the turn of your character, there are still some people and monsters wich rolled better iniative. I'll post the results of your attack when the turn of your character arrives.

The bushes stop you from reaching the square to the left of Raz so you'll have to move to the right of big T.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-15, 12:46 PM
[OoC]Thanks for the complement! Since I've already made this map, it'll be really easy to move around the people already there. I'd be glad to finish this encounter, if you'd like. Forgot about the bushes. So I've got 19 on my attack roll and 13 on my damage.))

Koga
2008-02-15, 01:58 PM
Alexander thinks to himself "I'm glad I stayed behind..."

He warns Bob that if he even thinks of running away he'll kill him and use his skin to make new leather armor.

Bob holdsout the backpack and Alexander searchs inside for a pint of oil. And attempts to throw it at the duerger's mount. Knowing it will scare the horse and then throw him off.

Bob looks sad for a moment, knowing Alexander's next command.
"Bob, now throw a flask at that horsey. Don't give me that look! If you don't do it you don't eat for a week!"

Bob sighs and reaches into a backpack and throws the alchemist fire flask at the horse along with Alexander's oil.

Stradgey: The dwarf will falloff the horse, as the horse is scared and on fire, he'll run around kicking and stomping and burning everything. The enemy will be confused and subdued long enough to make a break for it.

War isn't about what's right, it's about what's left. This would cost the least amount of resources.

Koga
2008-02-15, 02:07 PM
It just occured to Alexander that there might be a slight chance they think he had something to do with the destruction of that poor village, what with the fire and everything...

Ahhh, these guys don't look that smart. And besides that, he has witnesses he didn't do it.

An orc slave who he abuses and a pet pig.

.....

Maybe this plan wasn't fullproof.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-15, 02:51 PM
Quickly glances about tries to asses how high the tree's are and how hard it would be to jump or climb up them.


I'll leave the actions for now but so it become less confusing.

I'm guessing thats a spot? perhaps wisdom? i'll roll both...
Spot: [roll0]
Wis: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-02-15, 08:30 PM
Looking at the trees, Byen notices that there are several big stable looking branches between 8 and 24 feet high in the trunk. Below there are only some stumps and above the branches are too thing to hold his weight. A normal person would take some work to climb them but a trained one would do it whitout much trouble.


Ooc:Looking at one detail of the battlefield is a free action and you can even use it during other people's turn as long as you don't abuse. When your turn arrives you'll be able to take actions as usually.

To unclefesty:

Ok I'll take your offer and let you do the remaining maps of this battle. But next battle I'll take care of it! Must learn to use photostop and drawing programs well.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-15, 09:03 PM
These ones don't look like the others, but they don't seem friendly.
With that thought Raz backs away from the front line, preferring to shoot from the rear.


Move back so he's next to Alexander, about 20 feet.

warlock2000
2008-02-15, 09:23 PM
Experiment 14

Drawing his Greatsword, 14 moves forward trying to use the tree for cover to get closer. Hoping to attack if he can.

(OOC: I am pretty sure drawing the greatsword is my action this round. 1 init :P)

dual_wielder
2008-02-15, 11:48 PM
Ezren glares at the bald Duergar, shivering slightly at the sight of his friends' severed heads. He stares grimly at the Duergar, his mouth twisting into an unpleasant grimace as he yells, "Come to finish the work your friends couldn't complete? Get off that horse of yours and let us settle this fairly.".

He prepares himself for the first creature to step towards the party, prepared to fight off any who tries to attack.

Readying an action to attack the first member of the enemy party to come within 5 feet of Ezren.

Oslecamo
2008-02-16, 10:18 AM
Raz discretly backs away from the frontline,but doing so he reveals himself as soon as he gets out of the bushes. He ends up at the square left of Alexander.

The Kobold leader then postiones himself while screaming something in draconic to the other kobolds. Positioning his weapon in his shoulder, he takes aim at Ezren and pressiones a lever.

With a loud bang and an eplosion four rocks are shot at great speed. Ezren tries to raise his shield and duck but it's too late and 3 of the rocks hit him with great strenght, two of them cuting his flesh. The kobold leader cackles maniacally as he sees his strike hitted true.

Still Ezren holds his ground and makes his challenge to the duergar, readying his longsword.

Rathnor then advances and shoots his blunderbuss at the duergar screaming at him. Another loud bang happens and the dark knight screams in pain as blood flows from his shoulder. He vacilates for a moment but still holds himself in the horse.

Ooc: The kobold leader moved 5 feet in the diagonal down and left. He shot his weapon at Ezran and hit him for 9 damage.

Rathnor moved right to big T and managed to hit the duergar with his blunderbuss.

Now is Raz's turn, as he used his suprise turn moving back. He is no longer hidden.

I assume you had all your weapons drawn before the battle started so Experiment 14 is free to do something else in his turn than simply drawing his sword.

Also, I did a little mistake in the map. In 3.5 there is no such thing as 1/4 cover or 9/10 cover. I actualized the legend of the map, with the bushes providing simple concelament (20% miss chance) and the trees simply blocking line of effect and view. And yes, the kobold leader managed to pass the miss chance.

By the way, dual_wielder, your sheet doesn't have your character's HP.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-16, 06:36 PM
That Dark Dwarf seems occupied more on the others than me. Nows my chance
Raz moves to the left, trying to lose the duergar's focus, if only for a second, and then lets on shot fly.


Strafe:Full round action, Move 20 feet to the left, one attack.
Attack roll:[roll0]
Drit confirmation roll(if needed):[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Strafe Damage(not counted if target immune to precision damage)[roll3]

Uncle Festy
2008-02-16, 06:56 PM
((Well, I was about to ask how he shot through the tree, so...
I'll pop up the new map when everyone's declared their actions. The offer to make a map stands at all times, Oslecamo.))

Oslecamo
2008-02-16, 08:03 PM
Ooc:the kobold leader moved before shooting. If you use the left low corner of the square he ends in you see he can get a clean shot at Ezran.

Too sleepy now. Will go to bed and continue the battle when I come back.

warlock2000
2008-02-16, 08:29 PM
Experiment 14 moves behind the closest bush to the front line and wait for a chance to run and attack the Kobolds.

Bandededed
2008-02-16, 08:35 PM
Ryu
Stat block
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8[/table]

Ryu darts towards a Kobold and strikes at it, hoping to do some serious damage.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

And can we get some number/letters on the map so we can pick a spot? I should be 5 squares from the top and 3 squares from the right. Thands!

Uncle Festy
2008-02-16, 08:58 PM
((I'm not quite clear on what Raz is doing. Do you want me to expand the map? We don't quite know what's off the edge, and will probably have to consult Oslecamo about that.
Oh, and I moved Experiment 14 up to the closest open space behind the bushes.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd293/Uncle_Festy/Maps%20for%20Homebrew%20Game/TheSecondRound.png
Here's the new map, so far.))

Bandededed
2008-02-16, 09:26 PM
I would be in E5, by the newly taticalized map :smallbiggrin:

Koga
2008-02-16, 09:35 PM
(Just tell me when its my turn again lol)

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-16, 09:48 PM
Expanding the map would be good for me. My classes main combat mechanic requires that one move a decent distance. Also, the shot is taken somewhere in between the time I start moving and the time I stop, so there would be plenty of time before the tree blocked my shot. I just rolled really badly.

Oslecamo
2008-02-17, 10:48 AM
Raz moves left and gracefully shoots while moving, only to fail horribly as the arrow loses itself in the branches of a tree.

Alexander throws the oil and then Bob throws the alchemist's fire, but the distance is too great and his allies are blocking his view so both projectiles fall far away from the Duergar, altough the splash of the flask slightly burns the kobold leader and one of his minions.

The kobolds, one by one, move and attack as best as they can, focusing their fire on Ezran, who is already hurt, and Rathnor, who seems quite threatening. But their aim is nowhere as good as their leader's, so all the crossbow bolts fail to do any damage, passing by side, failing to penetrate the armors and one particular well aimed shot aimed at Ezran's throat fails just because of the cover of the bushes.

This is how things ended up:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/battle1a.gif

Ooc:Raz rolled a natural 1 so he misses. Alexander and Bob would need a natural 20 to hit the duergar at that distance and with the people on front of him, since alchemist's fire base range is 10 feet. The alchemist's fire landed where you can see the yellow circle with a red border and the oil in the square with a yellow circle.

The kobolds moved and shooted or shooted first and moved then depending on what was best for them, but all the attacks failed to hit. Ezran almost took a crit but the concealment from the bushes saved him. Well, they are kobolds...


Now it's Byen's turn.

Ryu, you may want to change your character's actions, as the kobolds moved away. Also remember that bushes are dificult terrain and slow you down to half speed while over them. So no way your character could reach that square and attack in the same turn.

Unclefesty can keep making the maps for this battle, but this was the easiest way to expand the map and move the kobolds for me right now.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-17, 11:55 AM
An elven expletive escapes Biyen's lips as he realises just how many sharp and deadly things are whiping past him and in responce he joins in loosing the javelin from his hands at the Duergar.

He shouts out "They're a ranged troupe! Dont just stand there front lines! Close in!" and takes the lead by moving to his left and springs over the bush. When he recovers he dives for the cover of the tree ahead whilst drawing his duom.


attack: [roll0] (have not done range inc. (30ft))
dmg: [roll1]
moves: West, jump to j6, then a combination of N and NE either ending at the back of the tree or if the jump fails behind/in the bush
jump: [roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-02-17, 12:31 PM
Byen throws the javelin, but the weapon breacks itself against the duergar's armor failing to hit a soft spot.

He then manages to jump over the bush and take cover behind the tree.

Ooc:The javelin failed to hit, but the jump check suceeded and Byen managed to reach square H7.


Now it's Throk's turn.

expirement10K14
2008-02-17, 03:15 PM
"Die you filthy animals!
Yells Throk as he rushes the Duergar with his great sword.

Diagonal move to J10, then foward to f10.
[roll0]
[roll1]
the attack roll gets a minus 2

Bandededed
2008-02-17, 06:09 PM
Ryu

Stat block
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
[/table]

Having no ranged weapon on hand, Ryu simply races forward.

I'm taking a double move 5 feet E to L10, then 30 feet NE to H14, then 5 feet N to G14.

Koga
2008-02-17, 07:27 PM
Alexander says

"Well, that didn't go as planned... Ehhh"

Alexander decides to spend his next action just taunting the foes. His plan is he'll piss them off and cause thier frustration to make thier combat manuever sloppy.

"You know, I've seen some ugly Duergar, but this one takes the cake! He's uglier then you Bob! He's almost as ugly as his momma!

Whom I did lastnight!

She didn't know it was me because she's a drunk! ALL DWARVES ARE BIG DRUNKS!"

Alexander thinks:
Heheheh, if that don't piss'em off I don't know what will... I am a tactical genious!

Bob just looks at Alexander like he's crazy and stupid.

"What the hell you looking at?!"

Koga
2008-02-17, 07:28 PM
Peform? To make the kobolds amused and pissoff the dwarf.
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-02-17, 08:05 PM
Throk advances and swings but the duergar blocks the attack with his armored arm.

Ryu swiftly advances to the frontline and the kobolds scream at him when his blade aproaches them, despite still not hting anyone.

The duergar rises his hammer and a green stream comes out of it surrounding him. Throk can see how the knight's wound slightly closes, with the blood stoping to pour from it.

"YOU'LL NEED MUCH MORE THAN THIS TO BRING ME DOWN!"-he screams. But his voice seems desesperate.

Then the duergar simply vanishes from sight. But Throk can hear something heavy fall on the ground on the left side of the horse, and then armor clinging near him.

After that experiment 14 follows Ryu, taking cover in a bush and preparing himself to melee the kobolds.

During the action, the kobold leader removes a large shell from inside his weapon, puts it in his backpack and then draws another shell from his belt, placing it in the weapon, where it enters with a loud click. Then the kobold leader takes a step back trying to put his weapon in the shoulder once again while shouting more orders to the other kobolds.

Ooc:

Throk missed. Ryu managed to reach where he wanted whitout trouble. The duergar seemed to heal some of his damage with little effort, and then disapeared. Throk heard something on the left side of the horse. The horse didn't do anything.
Don't bother with spot checks. The DC is too high right now. However feel free to attack any square where you suspect he may be hidden.

Experiment14 moves to H12, the bush closest to the closest thing to a frontline in this battle, as Ryu is in melee reach with several kobolds.

The kobold leader seems to have recharged his weapon. He takes a 5 feet step left.

Ezren's turn.

dual_wielder
2008-02-17, 08:14 PM
Ezren gets sick of waiting and, despite his wounds, rushes towards one of the kobolds. He charges forward with his sword drawn and slashes at one of the kobolds, hoping to drop it quickly.

Charging to F7 and hit the kobold right there.
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

warlock2000
2008-02-17, 08:52 PM
Charge closet enemy If I can.

To hit [roll0] and for damage [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-02-18, 04:24 AM
Ooc:

To everybody-this method of posting your actions before your turn seems to be working better than I tought so anyone feel free to say what you intend to do before your turn arrives. If something happens that makes that play impossible(or irrelevant) I'll just warn you and you'll change your actions.

EDIT:Here is the link to the new Ooc thread. Post there anything not directly related with your character's actions.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3954199#post3954199

dual_wielder
2008-02-18, 11:46 AM
Ok, I should be able to move 30 feet and attack legally. I'll move up to I8 and then sideways to I7, forward to H7 and then diagonally to G6. That should be 30 feet and then I have a standard action left.

Ezren moves forward towards the kobolds, despite his injuries, and swings his blade at the first one he comes to regardless of whether it was the one who injured him.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-02-18, 12:18 PM
The kobold leader easily dodges the blow of the longsword.


Ooc: Ezren misses.

Rathnor's turn

Bushwhacked
2008-02-18, 02:22 PM
Biyen back to the tree watches as Ezren passes past him. "Its about time" he thinks and steps out following in his wake. The feathers decorating the handle of his polearm flutter past Ezrens head as he uses the weapon to attack the kobold's leader.

not sure how reach is over diagonals, i'll presume its like movement, so i'll say biyen is in the bush south of ezren
attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Uncle Festy
2008-02-18, 10:07 PM
Rathnor grins humorlessly at the Kobold's missed shots. "I figured. The lousy lizards are lousy shots, too. The leader, though, seems a worthy adversary. But I'll show them all what a real marksman is... if only... I could get... this gun loaded... faster! He advances while readying his gun.

((Loading Blunderbuss, 5-ft step forward.
Sorry it took so long, I've been out all day. I will likewise be out tomorrow, so I'd suggest making the maps instead of waiting for me.))

Oslecamo
2008-02-19, 04:41 AM
Ooc:Raz's turn.

New map will be up after the kobold squad moves.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-19, 10:00 PM
Raz curses his luck, then runs slightly forward to remain with the others, loosing an arrow at the rather distinctive kobold in front of him.


Strafe Action:Move to E6
Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Strafe Damage:[roll2]
Note the +1 to attack and damage is from Point Blank shot, as i am now within 30 feet of the enemy.

Can I get some new dice here?

Oslecamo
2008-02-20, 11:02 AM
Raz fires...And misses again, with the kobold leader not even bothering to trying to dodge the arrow wich passes a good meter above his head.

Alexander taunts, and somewhere on front of him a bodyless voice screams back:


"I killed my mom a good century ago you son of a *****! Now shut up or I'll kill your half orc boyfriend near you!"

The kobold squad laughs and, recharging their crossbows, release a new volley while moving in better positions.

An arrow hits Throk's armor but fails to do damage. The kobold behind the leader tries to shoot past him but misses. The following kobold however gets lucky.

Ezran takes a shot in the leg and falls in his knees. The other nearby kobold, thinking he's finished, steps forward and shoots at Byen, the bolt hiting the lancer in the stomach and making him fall in the ground senseless before he manages to attack.

The kobolds on the other side decide to attack Experiment 14 since he seems much less armored than Ryu, and indeed 2 bolts burry painfully in Experiment's 14 flesh, making him vacilate.

The last kobold decides Experiment 14 isn't worth more atention and shoots at Ryu, who however easily catches the bolt with his shield.

The situation stand like this

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/12battle.gif


Ooc:

There's no way Raz could have reached E6 with a strafe action. However, since he wanted to advance, and stay more nearby the others, I put him at I6. If Raz wanted to end in another square say so and I'll change the map, but I concluded this is the one you wanted to stay.

Ezran takes 3 damage and becomes disabled at 0HP.(1 move or standard action per turn, half speed, if he uses a standard action he loses 1HP at the end of it.)

Byen takes a full critical and takes 12 damage. He manages to stablize in his own turn but it's still at -2 HP.

Experiment 14 takes 2 attacks for 6 damage each and becomes disabled at 0HP.

Well this time the kobolds got lucky with the crossbows. And you seem to be rather unlucky in the dice department so far. But don't lose your hope! I'm sure you'll get luckier in the next attacks. If not...Well, then I may need to pull out a little ex-machina to save you from a too early unlucky death.


Now it's Throk's turn.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-20, 09:40 PM
Moves to step out from his cover and finds his legs weak beneath him, as his legs fold and the ground approaches fast a thought inadvertedly flicks through his mind. The tree's aren't built like they are at home... Home? Biyen then slips into the black thats creaping in at the edge of his sight into unconciousnes.

expirement10K14
2008-02-21, 03:59 PM
Throk will take a 5 foot step to E11, next to one of the kobalds.

Die you filth.

Throk slashes his sword at the kobald with full force.


[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-02-21, 05:34 PM
Throk swings with full force, but the kobold armor absorbs the blow, failing to truly hurt him.

Ooc:Yeah miss again. The forum's dice roller indeed doesn't like you.


Ryu's turn.

Bandededed
2008-02-21, 08:51 PM
Ryu

Statblock
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
[/table]

Ryu takes a 5 foot step east to G15, bringing his bastard sword to bear, clearly hoping to end this one's life quickly, with so many of his companions on the ground already.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
Luck be a Lady tonight!!! (please?)
... guess not.

Oslecamo
2008-02-22, 07:32 AM
The kobold skillfully dodges Ryu's blow.

Then Throk hears something aproaching from behind him. Before he can turn, he feels a blow hiting the back of his armor, but failing to penetrate it. Turning momentarly, the half orc sees the Duergar holding his large hammer in both hands and smiling viciously.


Ooc: Ryu missed. The duergar tried to sneack behind Throk but didn't manage to hit him. He's in the square left to the half orc.


Experiment 14's turn

Uncle Festy
2008-02-22, 09:30 AM
((Two questions:
1: What are the unmarked yellow and tan circles in E5 and A9, respectively?
2: When firing a cone (the BPM's BotBD), can I begin the cone from any corner of my square, going in any direction?))

Oslecamo
2008-02-22, 10:33 AM
((Two questions:
1: What are the unmarked yellow and tan circles in E5 and A9, respectively?
2: When firing a cone (the BPM's BotBD), can I begin the cone from any corner of my square, going in any direction?))

Ooc:

1-E5 is where Bob's alchemist's fire landed. It's still burning. At the begginning of next it will extinguish.

A9 is where the oil that Alexander throwed lander. If someone deals fire damage there it will catch fire but otherwise is a normal square.

2-Correct for both, you can make the cone start from any corner or face of your square and point it in any direction, just like any ranged attack.

For example, in your next turn, you could move to G8 and make a BoTBD pointing in the up left diagonal from your up left square that would hit the kobold leader and his minions up and left from him, whitout any of them geting cover from the trees.

warlock2000
2008-02-22, 10:17 PM
Being disabled Experiment 14 goes fully defensive.

Oslecamo
2008-02-23, 08:04 AM
Experiment 14 tries to get in a more protective position. He manages to but ends up further opening his wounds and beggins to bleed badly.

The alchemist's fire finnally stops burning leaving only a few ashes in the ground.

The kobold leader moves into the nearby bushes and aims his gun at Raz. With a loud bang four new rocks fly towards Raz. However the hunter manages to dodge them in time. Curses in draconic fly out of the kobolds mouth for his failed attack.


Ooc:
Experiment 14 goes total defense, but this is a standard action, so he loses 1hp and is now at -1 life and bleeding due to the disabled rules. He still gets the dodge bonus tough for the turn, but next turn he's completely unscoscious.

The alchemist's fire stoped burning.

The kobold leader took a 5 feet step left and shooted at Raz, but missed.

Ezran's turn

dual_wielder
2008-02-23, 10:33 AM
Ezren's head swims and his desperately tries to refocus his eyes. "I can be of no use dead," he mutters angrily to himself. He raises his shield over his head to try to keep himself as well protected as possible.

I'll go total defense as well.

Oslecamo
2008-02-23, 11:03 AM
Ezran raises his shield, but the effort also raises the pain of the wounds to a excrutiating point.

Ooc:Like experiment 14, total defense is a standard action and makes you lose 1 Hp, making you fall to -1 life. You still get the dodge bonus also.

Rathnor's turn

Uncle Festy
2008-02-23, 11:05 PM
((Sorry guys, I'm just never in on Saturdays.))

"Blast. We're dropping like flies here! But, as they say... cut off the head." Rathnor grins humorlessly, before charging forward. "Hey, Duergar! You just made a huge mistake..." Rathnor leaps forward, levels his weapon, and fires a devastating burst of hot lead from his Blunderbuss, engulfing the Deep Dwarf and Kobold leader. He then reaches into his pack, and begins reloading his weapon.

((OoC: Fired the 'Buss at the Duergar within a 30-ft range, followed by a partial action to begin reloading. Will spend second standard action to complete next turn. If I cant, I'll move forward to, oh I don't know, G8. Oh, and crud. If the leader hadn't moved 5 feet to the left, I would have been able to catch him with the Duergar in a BotBPD blast. Ah well.
[roll0] (+4 roll, -4 shooting into a melee)
[roll1] (1st range increment)
:smallredface: Sorry 'bout that. Thanks, Oslecamo. I'll be firing a BotBPD blast straight up from the upper-left corner of J8[after moving there, of course]. The damage above still applies, with a Ref 14 save halving the damage. It should hit the Kobold leader, the Duergar, and the horse.))

Uncle Festy
2008-02-23, 11:07 PM
((Yuuch. I'll take my 1/encounter re-roll, please.))
[roll0]
((EDIT: Thank you!))

Oslecamo
2008-02-24, 01:31 PM
The duergar screams in pain as the hot lead falls trough the chinks of his armor. A foul smell raises in the air as the duergar's flesh burns to the bone. He falls in the ground, whitout even strenght to try to put the fire out.


The price of failure...Is death...-he murmurs before sucumbing to the flames.

Meanwhile the Kobold leader tries desesperately to roll in the ground but it's too late. The lead has penetrated his skin and soon after the dark knight the shooter falls in the ground. His hand stretches to the other kobolds as if as begging before falling senseless in the ground.

"Help-p-p me p-p-lease" is heard between the supplies in draconic.

The other kobolds sream in terror seeing their leaders fallen. Their eyes are now full of fear, looking at the sudden destruction and his creator.

The horse manages to dodge part of the lead, but still gets burned in some places, making him scream angrily, hooves raising in the air.


Ooc:Duergar down and dead. Kobold leader down but still breathing.

Raz's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-24, 07:50 PM
((Sweeet. I call the horse! Or I would, if I could ride it...))

Oslecamo
2008-02-24, 08:21 PM
Ooc: For those who didn't notice, Ezran has a mounted character build, and I had promised him that he could get a mount as loot soon after the start of the campaign. So please try to keep the horse alive, it's not like he already attacked anybody or something.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-24, 09:05 PM
Strafe: Move to I 12
Attack kobold at G 16:[roll]1d20+4[roll/]
Damage:[roll]1d6+1[roll/]
Strafe damage:[roll]1d6[roll/]
Note, Point blank shot is in effect.

MeklorIlavator
2008-02-24, 09:06 PM
Strafe: Move to I 12
Attack kobold at G 16:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Strafe damage:[roll2]
Note, Point blank shot is in effect.
I just failed my post correctly check.

Oslecamo
2008-02-25, 05:04 AM
The arrow pierces the kobold's throat, and it falls in the ground bleeding abudantly.

Ooc: kobold at G16 is down but still breathing.

Alexander's turn.

Oslecamo
2008-02-27, 06:15 AM
Alexander is thinking what to do now, but the Kobolds have already decided. This is too much for them. Crazy dwarf weapons, the strongest of them fallen and the swordmans are geting closer and closer. Turning back, they try to run as fast as possible in the deeps of the forest.

Throk takes the chance to attack the one near him and hits, falling him.

The others disapear in the shaddows of the forest, but the warhorse stays in it's place, looking cautiously to it's dead owner.



Ooc:
Alexander took more than 24 hours to post his actions after I've warned him with a PM, so he lost his turn.

The kobolds chickened and run away ending the ecounter on your favor. Don't worry, you'll still get the exp for beating them.

Speacking of exp, each member of the party receives 179 EXP.

Loot:

Kobolds: 25 GP, Periapt of wisdom +2

Kobold leader:Chain shirt(small), big mysterious weapon, 2 empty ammo shells, 4 daggers, 100 GP, fire opal pendant in a gold chain, potion

Duergar: chainmail(medium), big mysterious hammer, light warhorse with military saddle and saddle bags, 300 SP.



One hour of rest and a full meal for each wounded player will allow them to fully recover your HP as I said in the begginning of the recruitment thread. Another hour of care and another meal will also allow you t heal the warhorse.


So, now decide what to do next. The trail of the force that attacked the village is near the battle site and goes deeper inside the forest if you want to keep following it.

Ah, and the majority of the players decided they wouldn't mind flaws, sothey are now allowed, and you can take up to 2, receiving one extra feat for each flaw you choose. Someone asked for traits, and I don't mind allowing them too, but you don't get extra feats for taking traits. Traits can also be found at the srd for those interested.

And yeah, you got damn lucky with the kobold's treasure.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-27, 09:22 AM
Rathnor reloads his weapon, and then walks over to the leader's corpse. "Int'resting weapon he's got there. Lessee what it does..." He begins studying the weapon while the others regain their strength.
1d20+4 (To identify the weapon)

Uncle Festy
2008-02-27, 09:23 AM
((Let's try this again))
Know (Engineering), to identify weapon:
[roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-02-27, 10:07 AM
Rathnor remembers hearing of those new brand of weapons. They are called chains, for chamber infusion. They work on a mixture of magic or psionic energies and mecanic parts that shoot stones with great speed and acuraccy. They're also highly customizable, altough this exemplar doesn't seem to have any special characteristics.

From the size of the weapon, it is probably a bazooka chain model, the strongest and slowest to fire of the diferent known chain models.

Unfortenately, as the dwarf quickly realizes examining the weapon, all chains are custom made by their owners for their own physical characteristics, and anybody else trying to shoot with them will have an hard time aiming properly.



Ooc:
Check more information on the weapon here:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=917670

Search for limit sniper and bazooka chain model. For you it's an exotic weapon and you'll need to burn a feat to use it whitout the -4 penalty.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-27, 10:16 AM
"Hmph. This thing is useless. I'll stick with my 'Buss any day."
Rathnor goes to see what he can do to aid his fallen allies.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-27, 10:59 AM
After waking from his rest and unpacking a portion of rations he surveys the battle, looking for what happened after his fall and then looks over the the pile of gold and items.

"I hear that your device saved our lives, seems to me that you should have first pick."

updated sheet apart from loot

dual_wielder
2008-02-27, 03:25 PM
Are those of us unconscious still unconscious? I would assume so...

Oslecamo
2008-02-27, 04:03 PM
Are those of us unconscious still unconscious? I would assume so...

Ooc: I rule in this campaign that after a battle uncoscious characters can be put up again by another player tending to their wounds and giving them food for a few minutes, at wich point the wounded character is able to take care of himself and in 1 hour be at full HP again.

I'll also assume that the conscious characters won't be jerks and take care of those who have fallen first thing after the battle has ended. It's considered automatic, like you don't needing to make skill check:cooking to prepare a meal for yourselves.

It's not like you have any healers in the party, and it would suck to have to wait a day for you to recover 1 HP so you could act again.

expirement10K14
2008-02-27, 04:50 PM
Throk sheaths his weapon and looks around. He sees Ezren lying on the ground, and rushes over.
"We need to tend to him."
He then spots Experiment 14 also unconcious.
"Someone help him, we need to keep them alive."

dual_wielder
2008-02-27, 06:11 PM
Ezren struggles to his feet and shakes his head to clear the cobwebs.

I can't thank you enough my friend. How embarrassing. Our first battle together and I fall unconscious. At least the battle was won. And I see the horse survived, that's great. I was specially trained in mounted combat, so unless somebody feels they deserve it more, I would appreciate it. I'm sure it would improve my effectiveness ten-fold.

He pats Throk on the back on the back and walks over to the horse, patting its neck and whispering in its ear in a way that exudes expertise. He then smiles and turns back towards the group.

Since I am claiming this horse, I would not ask to share in any of the other... "goods" that are now before us.

Bushwhacked
2008-02-27, 07:25 PM
i was a bit quick of the mark right? sorry i presumed the two hours had passed

"I'm also trained to ride but not with any focus, if we encounter another then I might claim it though I'd serve better from the back of a great bird. Feel free to it as far as I'm concerned; and these items here I dont think I could make much use of them either"

Oslecamo
2008-02-27, 07:28 PM
The horse lowers his head and calmly acepts the pats of Ezran, releasing sounds that seem of satisfaction.

expirement10K14
2008-02-27, 09:30 PM
Throk, seeing that Ezren is okay, starts looking through the fallen enemies. He finds the pendant. It seems to be magical, the jewel captivating his eye, and he gives in a quizzical look.
Does anyone here know how to identify these magic items? I found an odd pendant thing here, and it seems to be more than what I see."

OOC: Throk took the "fire opal pendant in a gold chain"

Oslecamo
2008-03-01, 07:13 AM
As you are finishing your rest, you start to hear a beatifull music coming from the trees, almsot magical, calling you to go deep inside the woods, to see wondrous things.

Suddenly, Alexander, Experiment 14, Ryu and Razic put themselves up, their eyes like day dreaming, and they run into the trees with a faint smile in their faces, atracted by the delicious music.

Ezren, Rathnor, Throk and Byen manage to resist the lure of the magical music, but before they can do anything the trees seem to move and bend before them, blocking the path to where the lured beings ran.

Then the music stops, and you can hear someone laughing in satisfaction from very afar, then silence again.

Ooc: Remember to make a new battle formation. If you can't decide how to split the remaining loot, I advise you to simply put it into the horse and then use it when needed.

dual_wielder
2008-03-01, 05:42 PM
Ezren exclaims in alarm as his companions run off into the woods. He jumps forward and attempts to grab Ryu's arm, but the trees seem to think otherwise. He bangs against the trunk of the tree blocking his path for at least 20 minutes. At last, he sits down hard. He looks around at the others who seem to have fought off the charm of the music, and realizes he must not show weakness. He stands walks over to the remaining loot, and places it in the saddlebags attached to the horse. He climbs onto the saddle, talking to the rest of the group as he does so.

We must find a way to save the others. The way I see it, any way is as good as any other. I vote for following the path of the men we were already following, and trying to kill two birds with one stone. I will ride in front, if any of you choose to follow.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-01, 11:48 PM
Biyens head snaps around to the source of the music and to late he realises that some of his comrades are moving towards it. He calls after them "Don't be foolish; stand your ground!" He swears again under his breath and charges after them attempting to leap and weave past the closing branches but finds himself blockaded just next to Ezren. He attempts to encourage him to calm himself and tell him an assault on the tree's might just make things worse but gives up after a while and rests patiently, checking his equipment, stowing his duom and drawing another javelin.

"You think what drew are companions from us and the red eagle force are the same? I'm not so sure but if it is true then they definatly know we are following and have a reason to halt our advance before we reach the main force. If not i would prefer to see if we can catch the kobolds that escaped, save risking them warning their commanders of our path and perhaps avoid a larger ambush."

dual_wielder
2008-03-02, 01:46 PM
No, I do not believe the Red Eagle forces are behind this. But I do know that we have no idea where our companions might be, and following the path we have been seems just as logical as anything else.

Oslecamo
2008-03-03, 03:18 AM
Suddenly, you hear some sound from the woods. Turning to the origin from the sound, you see Ryu, wtih a pale face, coming from the exact oposite direction he had disapeared. He has an empty look on his eyes as he was dreaming, but as he aproaches you he seems to wake up.

Ooc: Ryu's player said he had been busy with IRL and should be able to post again today. His character doesn't remember anything that hapened since he was lured by the song.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-03, 09:00 AM
"Ooookay... That thar was wierd."

Bandededed
2008-03-03, 09:03 AM
Ryu

Ryu's face contorts as he comes more and more back to himself. "Wait, how did I..." he rubs his forehead. "And why to I feel strangely refreshed?"

Oslecamo
2008-03-03, 03:00 PM
From the same place where Ryu had come from, a new figure appears. At first glance it looks like a male elf. Tall, agile looking. He wears dark green clothes wich look almost identical to the vegetation around. He is well muscled and looks quite strong. His only visible equipment besides the clothes is a small backpack. He looks at the party with a tranquile smile on the face, like that of a cat wich sees a mouse but still isn't hungry and wishes to play. Then he calmly steps towards the party and speacks:

"Aww so you don't want to play anymore dear Ryu? Your companions are still having fun with my mates inside the woods. Well, I guess it's kinda cheating playing hide and seek with enchanted trees for you outsiders, as you're not used at this kind of thing. But don't worry, we won't hurt your companions. As soon as they catch one of us or manage to find the way out of here they are free to go. Ok, sometimes they take some years to do so, but it isn't so much time. I see no reason why the outsiders complain so much when we invite some of their mates to play with us. Heck, in my opinion, most of them actually go out better than they came in."

Taking a deep breath and looking around, he continues, now with a more serious note:

"Anyway, I couldn't stop overhearding your conversation. So you're hunting the warriors with the red eagle? They were no fun those guys. They didn't want to play, and when we tried to persuade them to, they used their magic tricks to repel us. How rude of them. And then they went and destroyed that little village down there. Now that was really rude. Maybe it was only habited by some low mostly boring people, but still they hadn't done anything wrong. Now we have this policy of not interfering with outside matters, but in the last weeks strange things have been hapening besides this. Lots of movement and rude people walking around the forest. My elders even begin talking about exiting the forest for the first time in centuries to do something about it. Now that sounded really exciting. I couldn't resist and I went some days out of the borders of our dear land to see what was happening in the outsider's world, and I must say, I discovered some interesting things. Things that I bet that you would love to know."

With a grin, the elf then looks everybody in the eyes and speacks with a stronger voice:

"It has been quite a time since I got to exercise my fighting capacities with anyone not from this woods. You guys look strong. You killed that awfull duergar and his kobolds. If you can give me a good challenge, I'll tell you more about those red eagle soldiers, and I may even give you a present or two. C'mon, don't be shy. My friends and I will greatly enjoy it".

Then, the elf releases a strange scream, and a group of the what looked like branches of the trees flies out and lands around the elf. Now that you can see them at close, you realize that they are ravens wich have all their body perfect covered by leaves and little plants, except their black eyes.


Ooc:I'll wait 24 hours to see if you acept the challenge or not. The number of plant ravens will be based on the number of players who acept the fight.

dual_wielder
2008-03-03, 03:33 PM
Ezren looks around uncertainly, perplexed by the elf's appearance and challenge. He moves the horse forward a little, and speaks to the elf.

Sir, with all due respect, we just finished fighting and another battle sounds quite wearing. I will of course confer with my companions before giving you an official answer.

He turns from the elf and dismounts, leaning in towards the others.
Well, you know my opinion. I don't believe the risk is worth the reward. What do you guys think?

expirement10K14
2008-03-03, 03:44 PM
Throk acknowledges the elf, but turns towards Ezren ignoring him.
"We should rest first. Regain our strength from our last battle then fight the elf. The information could be worth it."

Uncle Festy
2008-03-03, 04:36 PM
"Either way. I think I could take out all those birds in a single Breath, and all of us together could probably take down the elf. But I could go with either option."

Oslecamo
2008-03-03, 06:08 PM
The elf makes a little bow to Ezren and answers:

Well, if you are tired, feel free to rest whatever you want. It wouldn't be much of a challenge to fight a tired oponent. Unless, of course, I had been the one tiring him, hehehe...


Then the elf sits in the soil, calmly looking around and whistling a little music, while his ravens take flight again and disapear in the nearby trees.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-03, 10:00 PM
Chuckles to himself and, mainly to the elf, says, "Now aren't you a ray of sunshine! Though the deaths that lay behind me still weigh on my conscience, know your spirit has lifted me some. Now to this duel, I should happily accept, first we could certainly use all the help you may spare and second I think it may be fun. ...Now would you choose that I use traditional elvish weapons or are we trying new things?"

Oslecamo
2008-03-04, 06:05 AM
The elf looks at Byen smiling and slowly draws a beatifully crafted longsword from an hidden sheet in his back, showing it to the presents, then he smiles at Byen and says:

Ah, like all our brothers I've been trained in the use of the noble blade, but you're free to use any weapon you want. Specially the dwarf back there wields a very curious weapon I'm anxious to see in action. But I must say, my style of combat is somewhat uncommon for a swordfighter, hehehe...



Ooc: Since it looks like you'll acept the challenge, please choose a formation.

Also, if you still want to pick any flaws or traits, this would be the time to do so. After the battle with the elf, you can't pick any more flaws or traits

Uncle Festy
2008-03-04, 08:57 AM
Rathnor raises his weapon, loads it, and clicks a targeting mechanism into place. He then moves closer to the elf. "I'm ready when everyone else is."
((OoC - The targeting mechanism is taking the Precise Shot feat in exchange for the Noncombatant Flaw.
EDIT: I also need to take Inattentive for Point Blank Shot as the prerequisite.))

Bandededed
2008-03-04, 09:22 AM
Ryu

Already feeling better, Ryu is still confused by the appearance of the Elven visitor.

"I feel that the information would be helpful, we know virtually nothing about those blasted soldiers. When everyone else is ready..."

dual_wielder
2008-03-04, 03:31 PM
Ezren jumps back up onto the saddle, drawing his sword and bringing his shield around. He trots forward towards the elf and smiles slowly.

Ready when you are my friend. I'll be in front.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-04, 03:48 PM
"At your back once again cavalry-man, though this time I fear I'll be the one left behind." He takes a glance at the scenery to better assess which weapon to draw.

Oslecamo
2008-03-04, 04:44 PM
The elf shows a big grin, and gets up.

"Excellent. Then follow me please."

The elf then goes deeper in the woods, and under some big trees bended in an arch. As you pass by them, you feel a strange tingle, and as you emerge you notice you're in a new part of the forest. Some steps ahead there is a stone construction looking like an arena, with ancient columns suporting a tall roof to protect from the sun wich shines trough a clearing in the trees above.

"Some other civilization built this before we arrived, but they seem to have decayed and disapeared a long time ago. But the structure is still in good shape, and we elfs sometimes come here to practice battles. It will do just fine for us. Rules are simple, you can't get out of the ring. First side to surrender loses."

Then the elf goes to a side of the arena, calling his ravens wich land around him.

"Please start on the other side. Yes, there, thank you. We start when this rock falls in the ground."

Then he throws a stone in the air. It falls, and the battle starts.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/200battle.gif

Ooc:there will probably be a lot of attacks of oportunity in this battle, so I'll be rolling them if nobody minds it, to speed things up. I'll use the forum roller for your attacks and let you all see them however.

Oslecamo
2008-03-04, 04:52 PM
Iniative time!

Elf:[roll0]

Ravens:[roll1]

Ezren:[roll2]

Byuken:[roll3]

Ryu:[roll4]

Throk:[roll5]

Rathnor[roll6]

Oslecamo
2008-03-04, 04:56 PM
Ooc: Byen's turn. Sorry to have writed your name badly.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-04, 06:52 PM
Not wanting to charge headlong into the mass, once again Biyen launches one of his javelins as his opening move, he does so at the elf thinking it to have a higher chance of hitting. He then heads for the cover provided by a pillar in the centre of the arena and draws his duom hoping to catch any advancing foes if they happen near.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]
moves to f5

yes i've noticed that you have fun trying to spell it, thats a new one though

Oslecamo
2008-03-04, 07:15 PM
The javelin flies past the elf's head.

"C'mon, you can surely do better than that."-he taunts.


Ooc: Throk's turn. And please choose your 1st level feat, and decide if you want any flaws or traits or no.

expirement10K14
2008-03-06, 06:33 AM
OOC: No flaws or traits, I was okay with others using them, but I don't want any.l'


Throk raises his greatsword. Birds? You have birds?

Throk moves to f7 and goes total defense.
AC is now 19
OOC: I really need to get a ranged weapon.:smallfrown:

Bandededed
2008-03-06, 09:06 AM
Order, for reference
Biyen
Throk
Ezren
Elf
Ryu
Rathnor
Ravens

Oslecamo
2008-03-06, 09:37 AM
Ooc: Ezren's turn

And I must say, as much as your characters can tell, these are regular ravens, except for their skin being covered in leaves and little plants wich helps them hide in the forest.

dual_wielder
2008-03-06, 04:33 PM
Ezren urges his mount forward, travelling straight ahead towards the elf. He reaches the elf, and swings his sword down as hard as he can.


Ride check:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Oslecamo
2008-03-06, 07:25 PM
The elf dodges, but not fast enough. Blood is spilled in the air, but the elf keeps smiling happilly as in his left arm a red stain begins to grow.

The horse follows his rider's attack trying to stomp the elf!

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]


Ooc:I'll assume your ride check was to try to make the mount attack at the same time as you do, as your character has enough ranks to auto suceed in fighting with knees only and a warhorse doesn't need to be controled in battle.

Oslecamo
2008-03-06, 08:10 PM
The hoof hits and makes a rather nasty cut in the elf's leg, but still he stands.

Showing a big grin, he exclaims.

"My turn..."

The elf seems to start glowing. Then he makes a gracious jump towards Ezren, and the elven blade finds a hole in the mounted's warrior armor. Landing laughing, the elf then uses a serie of quick fast jumps to get away, too fast to Exren to be able to attack him.

When he finnally stops, the participants can see that the elf's skin is now golden, seeming almost metalic. Even his eyes are now a pair of yellow orbs, but his smile is still there.


Ooc: The elf took a total of 12 damage. He used some kind of buff you don't know(feel free to try to use knowedge checks). He also striked ezren for 7 damage with his sword and then tumbled to C9.

Ryu's turn

Bandededed
2008-03-06, 10:11 PM
Ryu

Statblock
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 23/16/21 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
[/table]

Ryu growls to himself, angered that his target is so far away. He moves forward cautiously and weaves his blade and shield to defend himself.

Moving to G8. Total defense as well. Changed in the Statblock (it's why it's red)

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 05:09 AM
Ooc:Rathnor's turn. And if nobody noticed, those little black and green dots are the ravens.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-07, 09:09 AM
Rathnor sheathes his 'Buss (Move), draws his pistol (Free), shoots the nearest bird, in K9 (Standard), and takes a 5-ft step to K8 if the bird dies.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 12:50 PM
A loud bang and the nearest bird to Rathnor explodes in a cloud of feathers.

The other birds scream in anger, and then proceed to attack Ezren!

The pair wich was already in his square claw at him, tearing Ezren's flesh, and then the remaining advance, with Ezren and the horse trying to swat them out.

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 12:55 PM
Attacks of oportunity from Ezren and horse:

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 01:17 PM
Ezren manages to catch one of the birds with a swing of his sword, the raven exploding into another burst of feathers but the remaining ones simply swarm him over and seek to attack his exposed skin, clawing at the soldier's flesh viciously.

The current state of the situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/21battle.gif

Ooc: Uncle festy, those grey circles are stone columns, wich count as trees(block line of sight and can't be crossed).

Anyway, Ezren takes 5 points of damage from the raven's claws and has now 10 ravens in his square, in case someone has trouble counting them.

Ezren is also now at 0 HP and thus disabled.

Besides the ravens attacking Ezren there are no more ravens in the remaining of the battlefield.


Biyen's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-07, 02:05 PM
[I]Ooc: Uncle festy, those grey circles are stone columns, wich count as trees(block line of sight and can't be crossed).

((:smallredface:
Ooops. Thought those were the birds.))

Bushwhacked
2008-03-07, 02:13 PM
Biyen skirts around the back of Throk and swings around to face the elf, as soon as he comes within range with his polearm he jabs it a few times hoping to catch the agile fighter.

ending in e9
attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 02:39 PM
The elf easily dodges Byen's jab atempts with his fluid motions.

Ooc:Throk's turn.

expirement10K14
2008-03-07, 02:53 PM
Throk will move to F9, then to D9 and attack the elf.
I'll go for the elf.


[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-07, 03:09 PM
Throk's sword come really close to the elf's flesh but he manages to move out of the way in the last moment.

Ooc:also missed. Ezren's turn.

dual_wielder
2008-03-08, 09:31 AM
So, is it a free action to just guide my horse away from the combat?

Ezren tugs on the reins, feeling himself drift in and out of consciousness. "Oh god, not again" he thinks to himself in frustration. The horse follows his orders, lead Ezren away from the melee.

Oslecamo
2008-03-08, 12:21 PM
Ooc: As by the rules as I interpret them, making a warhorse move in battle is a very easy free task wich doesn't even demands a check. So you can move whitout risking further damage from being disabled.

dual_wielder
2008-03-09, 10:43 AM
Alright, then I'll move to E3 and end my turn.

Oslecamo
2008-03-09, 12:22 PM
The elf steps aside positioning himself in the middle of the columns. He then swings his sword to attack, but in the last moment he spins graciosly around himself and instead delivers a pair of powerfull kicks in fast sucession against Throk. The armor absorbs the firt blow, but the second kick hits the soldier straight in the face.


Seeing how Throk is still standing after the attack, the elf smiles again and says:
"Hmm, stil standing after this? You're tough, no doubt about that. Let's see how much more can you hold shall we?"

Ooc: Throk took 10 damage and the elf is now in C10.

Ryu's turn

Bandededed
2008-03-09, 06:14 PM
Ryu

Statblock
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
[/table]

"Damned birds," Ryu mutters, as he charges across to Ezren's aid. He touches the warrior on the shoulder, and wills it to heal.

move to D4, healing touch on Ezren. Heals [roll0] damage. I'm left with 1 mana, so I'm out of heals until I rest

Oslecamo
2008-03-09, 06:37 PM
Rathnor's turn

Uncle Festy
2008-03-09, 07:07 PM
"Bloody birds. There are too many of them to take them all out individually. But let's see how they like the Breath!"
Rathnor moves to H7 (Move), drops the pistol (Free, and hopefully won't damage it), pulls out the 'Buss (Free), and fires off a BotBPD originating in G6, and going towards the upper-right (Standard).

Oslecamo
2008-03-09, 07:37 PM
Once again from the dwarf's gun a rain of hot lead and black smoke comes forth. You hear the ravens scream momentarily, then go silent, and when the smoke clears there is nothing in left in the place where the birds were before but some crisped feathers

Ooc:Ravens wiped out. Won't even bother to roll for damage or saves because they have only had 1HP each after all.

With the ravens all defeated, now is Biyen's turn.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-09, 10:01 PM
"Your flock has fallen boy, although I'll admit you have skill with the blade do you really think you can take all of us?" Biyen alters his grip on his weapon and brings it around to strike the elf like an axe, using the secondary/reverse blades to take advantage in close quarters.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-10, 06:20 AM
The blade hits the elf's naked skin directly, but to Biyen's suprise no blood spills, his weapon bouncing as tough it had hit solid armor. The elf then says, smiling once more:

"Yes, I still think I can take you. If you hadn't been able to handle my flock then you wouldn't really have been worthy of atention. Please, don't refrain yourselfs just because I'm alone now."

However, Biyen also notices that after the hit the metalic color of the elf's body growed slightly fainter, starting to look more like real flesh.

Ooc: Throk's turn

expirement10K14
2008-03-10, 06:42 PM
"God I hate elves," murmurs Throk, feeling severely hurt from the blow. He regains his posture and makes a final attempt at the elf. He raises his great sword and lets forth a great cleave

((OOC: not the feat, and god I hope I finally hit :( )).


[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-10, 08:45 PM
The blade hits the elf's flanck with great stenght, but again it bounces back like it was solid steel. But then Throk can hear something crack, and the elf's metalic skin seems to breack apart in several small particles that are carried by the air. Beneat it, you can see once more his original skin.


"I almost...Felt that"-says the elf, seeming half suprised.


Ooc:Ezren's turn.

expirement10K14
2008-03-11, 01:33 PM
((OOC: points to sig))

dual_wielder
2008-03-11, 08:11 PM
Ezren nods to Ryu in thanks before re-entering the fray. He moves his horse forward to attack the elf, hoping that the horse can do as much damage as he can.

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Ride check (for mount's attack):[roll2]
Mount Attack:[roll3]
Mount Damage:[roll4]

Oslecamo
2008-03-12, 06:15 PM
The elf manages to parry Ezren's sword with his own, but fails to block the horse's hoove wich hits him in the torso, making him release a cry of pain.
He then looks around, noticing he's surrounded and that Ezren's wounds have healed, and at the amount of sharp things pointing at him.

"Ok, you win. I surrender"-he says."One needs to know when he's in a bad position"

Jumpig out of the ring, the elf then takes out a small flask from his backpack and drinks the contect, and you can see his wounds disapear. He hands you then each one a couple of flasks:

"Basic healing potions. Never leave home whitout them. You guys can have these for your wounds. Please follow me, I'll take you to some confortable place where we can talk"

Then, he leads you to a small confy clearing with several tree stumps wich serve nicely as chairs. Inviting you to sit around, he then starts to talk:

"I hadn't got out of these woods for around 2 centuries before the things started to happen, some months ago, when around a hundred armed humans in rags entered the forest and hided. First it seemed just like random bandits that wanted to use the woods for cover. And then those guys in red armor apeared chasing them. They fighted between them for several days, with the bandits taking heavy losses and retreating further and further inside the forest. Further, it seemed more and more like they weren't bandits at all. They had nothing valuable with them, but still the soldiers in red armor hunted them relentessly. The hunters surely were much more organized than they prey. High discipline, good weapons and armor, some strange constructs, priests and mages suporting them, against a group of ragged running people with nothing more sophisticated than a shortbow and leather armor.

We elfs decided this was a in no way an honorable or reasonable battle and interviewed, driving the armored soldiers away. Then we tried to talk with the ragged people, but they weren't much sociable either. They said something about having been explored by those soldiers, who aparently would steal their goods, ruin their lands and take their children for unknown purposes. They aparently tried to organize some kind of milita to drive them back, but things had turned ugly so they had ended up running to the forest. Most of them still wanted to fight the soldiers, despite being awfully outpowered. Those we took them back to where they had entered the woods and we never saw any of them again. The remaining ones said they were tired of all that suffering and said they only wanted a peacefull life, so we directed them to that little peacefull village by the sea.

The armored soldiers then proceeded to make patrols along the woods border, and even going deep into the trees. We tried to talk to some of them, but they would attack us at first glance. Nothing like that had ever hapened to us. All lands around our forest where peacefull neighbours as far as I can remember. Some bandits and travelrs now and there maybe but never such a large scale high disciplined force. So I then decided to go out there and try to discover what was hapening. Lucky me for humans seeing so bad at night.

Boy things had changed. A nice road had been built not too far, and in half a day travel stood a big village where only some houses had been there centuries ago. A village with a stone wall and a tower. Aproaching, I saw that there were several of those red armored guys in the city patroling the streets. Too crowded. Too risky. Decided to don't get in. I explored the surroundings and discovered several farms nearby. The soldiers also patroled them. Seemed to want to make sure everything was in check. One thing that suprised me was that they tried to treat the farmers nicely however. No rude words, lots of compliments, asking if there was anything they could do to help. I saw the mages mending small problems and the priests curing small injuries. They also talked about being keeping the rebels in check or something like that. When there were young strong people in the farms, like you guys, the soldiers seemed to try to atract the youths to join them. Talking about the glory and honor of being a warrior and protecting their country. Some nice speeches. They also said that if the youths they served well enough they could get to see the soldier's homeland, Arcopica. Saw a lot of recruits training in the fields anyway. Also saw lots of patrols departing for the surrounding lands. I decided to return to the woods to tell my brothers what I had learned. And now I told you. Sometime later a specially large and powerfull group of those soldiers entered the forest and went to destroy the village where the runaways had hidden.

Our conclusion was, those newcomers, those Arcopicans are expanding. They aparently assimilated that village, making the people there acept them and worck for them, even provide them fresh warriors. There were new constructions underway all around the village. The vegetation around the farms was being cut down for more crops. The cattle was carefully organized and kept underwatch. In a matter of years they will reach these woods at this rate, so we must decide what to do quickly.

I don't know however why, they decied to raze your village to the ground. I suspect the monks tried to offer resistance, and the Arcopicans decided the monks were too dangerous to be left alive. Who knows...

Now what you do is up to you. If you still want to follow the soldiers I'll show you a little shortcut. Just go over those trees over there and you should exit the woods by nightfall. Just be wary, besides the soldiers, there are other dangerous creatures who lurk there, now that "food" has been more common.
Be wary that the soldiers are very organized and should you attack and let some escape you'll have to face twice as much in the next ecounter.

One last gift before we take diferent paths again."

The elf then reaches into his backpack and takes out five leaf shaped green jewels in gold incrustations.

"Those are something we craft to pass the time. Other elfs will surely recognize our handworck. To anyone else they will be pretty stones you can sell for a good price. Use them in your right arm if you wish to show that you are elf friends. Be wary however that those who despise our race will probably try to strike you down should you wear these in front of them.

Now, I wish you good luck, and may our paths meet again. Who knows, I may even tell you my name then. Hehehehe...."


With these last words, the elf releases a strange scream and a flock of ravens descends from the trees and surrounds him. When the birds rise again there is no sign of the elf, just the five elvish stones

To where the elf pointed you can see an arc of trees, the passage below clouded by shaddows.

Ooc:

500 experience points to everyone. There's a bonus in there for taking what was a "side quest" to find out more about the soldiers.

Loot: 5 potions of cure light wounds, 5 elvish stones.

As usual, decide what to do.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-12, 06:35 PM
Rathnor pockets the potion and gem. "So... now what?"
((What did we do with the loot from the last battle?))

Oslecamo
2008-03-12, 08:18 PM
Rathnor pockets the potion and gem. "So... now what?"
((What did we do with the loot from the last battle?))

Ezren put it in the horse's saddles. Throk took the kobold's necklace for himself.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-12, 08:59 PM
Being an elf and already subject to the prejudice of his race he gladly attaches the gem to the chain currently hanging round his neck and places the potion in his pack. "His tale has just convinced me further to pursure my current path, his descriptions held resonance and i would like to make contact with our quarry.
"I take it you all are still in the mind of taking revenge for the villagers?"

expirement10K14
2008-03-13, 04:48 PM
Throk takes one of the stones and a potion. He puts the stone in his pocket, and drinks from the potion.. "I say we go after the soldiers. If we go by the cover of night we might be able to take a patrol on, then retreat. We will be facing a small group, then we can hide from the larger resistance. whittling them down is the only option I see.

dual_wielder
2008-03-13, 05:37 PM
Ezren takes the potion and stone and nods in thanks. He slips the stone into his pocket and drinks the potion in a few gulps.

Aye, I agree. I say we continue going after these Red soldiers. Going by cover of night sounds smart as well.

Bandededed
2008-03-13, 07:44 PM
Ryu

"Any time is good, so long as we catch the murderers," Ryu adds heatedly, after accepting the stone and flask from the elf.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-13, 09:55 PM
Hearing the fury in Ryu's voice Biyen mentally bites his tounge and instead says "Fine then we all agree to continue following their tracks... Were going to take the elven path too I presume."

Oslecamo
2008-03-15, 09:06 AM
You pass trough the trees the elf had pointed out, and again you find yourselves in a completely new part of the forest, thick with trees. The only visible path is small trail in the ground so you follow it. After around one hour of travel you start to notice the trees are slowly becoming scarcer and scarcer. You can finnally see the sun descending on the horizon, indicating night is near.

But then you hear some faint footsteps near you. Looking around, you spot an humanoid figure trying to hide among the bushes in front of you and stop. The hidden creature let's out a growl and comes forth before you. It resembles a troll, but it's the size of an human and less muscled. His skin slowly changes color from green to brown and he carries some javelins in his back. His mouth drips with saliva looking at you, and his eyes shine with malevolence and intelegence.

Situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/25battle-1.gif

Ooc: Same legend as first battle. Green circles are trees, small groups of green lines are bushes(dificult terrain and concealment).

Oslecamo
2008-03-15, 09:12 AM
Iniative time!

Forest troll:[roll0]

Ezren:[roll1]

Biyen:[roll2]

Throk:[roll3]

Rathnor:[roll4]

Ryu:[roll5]

Same rules as usual.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-15, 08:10 PM
((Darnit! Why am I still in the back! I always need to get a clear shot at the guy at the beginning of the battle, and being in the back does not help!
Also... apparently, I didn't actually write out that I was reloading both my 'Buss and my pistol, as I didn't expect to be godmodded to the next battle. :smallyuk: If we assume I did, take the action below. Otherwise, Rathnor will spend a full-round action reloading his 'Buss.))
Rathnor slips around and behind Byen, and up next to Ezren. "You're about to feel a world of hurt, abomination!" He looses a mighty blast from his 'Buss.
[roll0]
[roll=Damage]3d10+1[\roll]

Uncle Festy
2008-03-15, 08:17 PM
((The damage roll didn't quite work.
Not that it matters, as I almost definitely missed. *sigh*))
Damage: [roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-03-15, 10:06 PM
The bullet ends up flying by the side of the troll and hiting one of the trees.

Ooc: I got the impression you had agreed to follow the trail. Nobody had posted anything for 48 hours so I decided to continue the action. Sorry if you still intended to do something special. If you feel like I rushed things then say so and next time I'll ask you if you're all ready before moving on.


This ecounter was an ambush while you traveled, but you managed to make your spot and listen checks so the troll didn't get a suprise round.


I also assume your weapons are reloaded after each battle. This is, what kind of adventurer goes around with an unloaded weapon?

Uncle Festy, or anybody else for the matter, if you want a new starting formation, please say so. I tought you were fine with this one.


Well, Biyen's turn.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-16, 11:23 AM
Biyen takes another glance around checking the height and climability of the tree's but then notices Ryu moving out of the corner of his eye and wonders what he's planning to do.

take a look around and delay to init=15 if thats alright

Oslecamo
2008-03-16, 01:23 PM
The trees seem to start having branches strong enough to suport someone's height at around six feets, and go up to around twenty feets.

Ooc:Ok to delay. Ryu's turn.

Bandededed
2008-03-16, 09:57 PM
Turn order:
Rathnor -> Ryu -> Biyen -> Throk -> Ezren -> Forest troll
Ryu

Statblock
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 17/10/15 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8
[/table]
Seeing the javelins, and having no intention of sitting around waiting to be thrown at, Ryu simply rushes forward, bring his sword to bear on his unlucky target. "Out of my way, Hellspawn!"

Charge to C7, attack on troll.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
AC -2 = changed in statblock.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-17, 05:17 AM
Leaps in behind Ryu, following a few steps behind most of the way until he is close enough to strike.

end in e5
attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-17, 06:43 AM
Ryu gets too close too fast, exposing himself. The troll takes this advantage and tries to hit the warrior with a swipe but his claws end up bouncing out the armor.

Then Ryu brings his sword down but the troll deflects the attack with the tick skin of his arms.

However, this distraction is enough to allow Biyen to slip past the troll defenses and cut his abdomen. Green blood spills in the ground, but the troll seems like he's ready for more.

Ooc: Ryu provoked an attack of oportunity by moving trough D7, wich was threatened by the troll, but the aoo missed. Ryu's aattck also missed.

Biyen's attack managed to hurt the troll.

Throk's turn

expirement10K14
2008-03-18, 01:32 PM
Throk grabs his greatsword and charges to D7 yelling, It is time to die filthy troll.

Charging, +2 to attack, -2 to AC (now 13).
[roll0]
[roll1]


((OOC:I am going away next month, it was a heads up as I just found out recently.))

Oslecamo
2008-03-18, 02:51 PM
More foul green blood drops to the ground, and the troll griths his teeths in anger as he realizes this won't be another easy meal.


Ooc:Hit. You actually dealt 13 damage because you are using a weapon with both your hands and so you get to add 1.5 str modifier. Your str modifier is 3 so you get a bonus of +4 and not only 3.

Ezren's turn.

expirement10K14
2008-03-18, 07:08 PM
((OOC: Woops, Thought that 2-H bonuses only applied to attack bonus, not damage.))

Bushwhacked
2008-03-20, 11:44 PM
((check dualweilders sig- says he cant post right now))

Oslecamo
2008-03-21, 03:12 PM
Ezren tries to make his horse charge, but the animal stubbornily refuses to attack the foul smelling creature.

The troll then looks around at his multiple oponents and decides to release his fury in the half-orc!

Swipe Swipe both claws latch on the soldier's flesh but he manages to keep away from the sharp fangs, but not the putrid breath.

The party can also see the troll's wounds slowly closing.


Ooc:
Sorry for the delay everyone. Turth to be told I've also been busy the last days.

Ezren loses the turn. The troll full attacked Throk, who took a total of 9 damage.


Biyen's turn.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-21, 06:17 PM
Biyen looks shocked at the wounds healing infront of his eyes but continues thrusting his duom at his opponent.

attack: [roll0]
dmg: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-22, 11:44 AM
The troll easily ducks the poorly made attack.

Ooc:Miss. Rathnor's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-22, 10:10 PM
((Okay. Since I don't have the current map, I think I still have a clear shot at the troll. Action is pending on either seeing a map or having enough energy to figure out the situation.))

Oslecamo
2008-03-24, 06:47 PM
Current situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/252battle-1.gif

Uncle Festy
2008-03-24, 06:54 PM
((I just realized it was irrelevant, as my 'Buss isn't loaded.))
Rathnor reloads his Blunderbuss.

Oslecamo
2008-03-24, 08:11 PM
Ooc:Ryu's turn.

Bandededed
2008-03-24, 11:31 PM
Ryu

Statblock
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8[/table]

Gritting his teeth, Ryu realizes that this stupid troll won't go down as easily as he had hoped. He slashes again at the troll, hoping to take it down quickly.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-25, 07:34 AM
The troll deflects the blow with ease with his claws.


Ooc:Miss. Hmm, nobody tying to flanck the troll? Every little bonus helps? And reach weapons also allow for flancking. And those bushes provide concealment for those inside them in case you forgot.

Well, Throk's turn.

expirement10K14
2008-03-26, 03:32 PM
Throk takes a 5 foot step to D6. Ryu, move around to it's flank," he yells as he swings his great sword again.
[spoiler]
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-26, 04:47 PM
The soldier's sword fails to penetrate the tick skin of the troll, wich roars in anger and swipes back. Throk still manages to evade one of the claws, but the other pierces his flesh again, making him fall uncoscious. The troll still tries to bite Ryu but his teeths fail to penetrate his armor. Once again you can see the wounds slowly closing.

Ooc:Throk missed. The troll then full attacked again and hitted him with one claw dealing 4 damage. Throk is now uncoscious at -2 and bleeding.

Rathnor's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-26, 05:17 PM
Rathnor slips over to F3. "Hey, troll! Over here!" He then lets loose a barrage from his Blunderbuss.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-27, 04:13 AM
The troll manages to to dodge the bullet in the last moment.

Ooc:Miss.

Biyen's turn.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-27, 08:03 AM
"Damn this things tough... Cover for me!" He calls as he sprints to the right, throwing his weapon down at the base of the tree before leaping up into it and jumping between the brances trying to reach some height.

jumping/climbing the tree at d9
jump: [roll0] climb: [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-27, 10:23 AM
Biyen manages to reach some of the shortest branches of the trees.

Ooc: Well bloody confusing jump rules. Here's how I interpreted them:

Since you are a medium creature you can automatically reach up to 8 feet.

You scored a 7 wich means you get to reach an extra 1 feet, a quarter of 7 rounded down.

So you reach a total of 8+1=9 feet.

Biyen is now over the tree at D9, at the height of 9 feet above the ground. For combat purposes, you are considered to be 5 feet above the ground. There are still more branches above you if you wish to climb higher in a later turn.


Biyen still has a standard action to use

Bushwhacked
2008-03-27, 01:41 PM
((i meant it as a full round action, like a double move. so continue climbing, if not then draw one of his javelins.))

Oslecamo
2008-03-27, 03:24 PM
Ooc:Well, if that's the case you'll stay where you are because the 3 you got in the climb check won't get you anywhere.


Ryu's turn.

Bandededed
2008-03-28, 09:07 PM
Ryu
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
10/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8[/table]

Hearing Throk's advice, and heading it well, Ryu quick-steps to B6, flinging his bastard sword behind him, trying to catch the troll off guard.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: the dice roller hates me....

Oslecamo
2008-03-29, 07:32 AM
Ryu misses his attack awfully but then Ezren finnally manages to control the horse and launches himself in a charge against the troll!

Ride check for mount attacking:
[roll0]

Ezren's attack:
[roll1]

Ezren's damage:
[roll2]

Horse's attack:
[roll3]

Horse's damage:
[roll4]


Ooc:Well, I'm going to NPC Ezren a little since it's absurd for him to just stand there, when he's the kind of guy who would charge first thing into battle.


Ezren moved to D7.

Aw crap forgot to give charging bonus to the horse. This would rise his attack to 18, enough to hit the troll.

Oslecamo
2008-03-29, 07:47 AM
Ezren ends up slipping on his seat and wasting his attack, but the horse's hoove stomps the troll with great strenght.

The foul green creature then looks around atrying to pick a target and ends up deciding to strike at Ryu with his claws and teeths, who fails to block one of the hand swipes.

Current situation:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg138/oslecamo/253battle-1.gif

Ooc:Ryu took 5 damage from a claw attack.


Rathnor's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-03-29, 07:26 PM
*sigh*
Spend the turn reloading my 'Buss.

Oslecamo
2008-03-29, 09:53 PM
Ooc: Yeah the forum roller still hates you. Byen's turn.

Bushwhacked
2008-03-29, 11:16 PM
Makes a leap for the next set of branches hoping that he'll get high enough to do a bit more damage sooner rather than later.

jump: [roll0] / climb [roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-30, 07:25 AM
Biyen manages to grab some higher branches and then climb to the top of the tree. There are still some branches above him but they are too thin to effectively suport his weight and simply breack when he tries to hold into them.



Ooc:Biyn managed to reached the maximum height of the tree and is now at 20 feets above the ground.

Ryu's turn.

Bandededed
2008-03-30, 09:39 PM
Ryu
{table]Ryu |Human |Brood Warrior |1 |Cha Good |Medium
5/10 |+2 |30 |AC/T/FF | 19/12/17 |Chain Shirt + Wooden shield
Melee Atk |Bastard Sword +3 | 1d10+2 |Ranged |-|-
Saves |Fort +0 |Ref +4 |Will +2
Srt 14 |Dex 14 |Con 10 |Int 16 |Wis 10 |Cha 8[/table]

Growing increasingly frustrated with himself, Ryu again swings his sword, aiming with all his might.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Oslecamo
2008-03-31, 05:38 AM
More blood is of the troll spills down when Ryu's blade manages to pierce his defenses.

Ezren then incites his mount to attack the troll while swinging his sword down!

Ride check:
[roll0]

Ezren's attack
[roll1]


Ezren's damage
[roll2]


Horse's 1st hoove attack
[roll3]


Horse's 1st hoove damage
[roll4]


Horse's 2nd hoove attack
[roll5]


Horse's 2nd hoove damage
[roll6]


Horse's bite attack
[roll7]


Horse's bite damage
[roll8]

Oslecamo
2008-03-31, 05:51 AM
The troll keeps clawing and biting at Ryu since he's already hurt but fails to overcome his armor.


Ooc: Ryu's last attack hited. Ezren failes ALL his attacks between himself and the horse wich makes me question the validity of the forum's dice roller, but I trust the Giant. The good news is, the troll also missed all of his attacks, lucky you.

Nobody moved so there's no need for a new map.

Rathnor's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-01, 05:53 PM
Rathnor jogs over to get a clean shot at the troll (C2), and unleashes another shot from his 'buss.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Uncle Festy
2008-04-01, 05:54 PM
(Using my 1/encounter ability to reroll the attack)
[roll0]
(EDIT: Nice!)

Oslecamo
2008-04-02, 09:14 AM
A loud bang, and an huge gush of green blood springs forward as the troll screams, this time in pain. The blunderbuss made quite a nasty smoking hole in the green creature, wich starts to show signs of fear and exhaustion.

Ooc:Hit. Thanks for finnally using the reroll power. Biyen's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-02, 09:31 AM
((Yeah, totally forgot about it before. :smallredface:))

Bushwhacked
2008-04-02, 11:34 AM
Holding onto the trunk of the tree Biyen pulls a javelin from his back with a flourish. He then lanches it down on the trolls head below.

-draws a javelin (move), uses lancer attack (attack)
attack: [roll0] (1 range inc. so no penalty there cant remember what firing into a melee is right now)
dmg: [roll1] (lancer str bonus added)

Oslecamo
2008-04-02, 11:56 AM
The spear flies just by Ezren's head and impales itself on the troll's skull, wich falls senseless in the ground.

Ooc:Lucky you, being in higher ground gives you a +1 bonus to attacks. The penalty for firing into melee is -4, so you hit by an hair's lenght.

The troll is down, but still breathing. And those guys regenerate, you know?

cough coup de grace cough

Ryu's turn.

Bandededed
2008-04-02, 03:22 PM
Ryu

If I remember correctly, he can only be killed by a coup de grace with an attack that bypasses his regeneration, ew

Having no fire handy, Ryu simply stabs the prone figure, hoping to keep it down until someone set something on fire.

I'll regular coup de grace, so critical damage that doesn't bypass regen? [roll0] x 2 = 12

Oslecamo
2008-04-02, 03:39 PM
The troll's body squirms in an horrible way, but still breathes despite the sword impaled on it.

Seeing this, Ezren notices some broken branches filled with resine in the ground, wich look quite flamable. He dismounts from the horse, runs there, grabs them and then screams:


Any of you has some mean of puting this one fire? We can use these as a torch to burn the troll and kill him once and for all.


Ooc:Ezren is now in E3 holding an improvised torch and willing to give it to anyone who aproaches. The game rules state that a torch can be used to deliver an attack that deals some fire damage. Trolls are normally vulnerable to fire. Make the math.

Rathnor's turn.

Uncle Festy
2008-04-02, 03:44 PM
Rathnor pulls out some flint and steel, preparing to light the torch on fire.
((I am particularly unsuited for melee, but I can light the torch. Readied action to do so.))

Oslecamo
2008-04-02, 06:13 PM
Ezren lets Rathnor light up the torch, then runs back to the troll , raises it in the air, and then starts to beat the troll repeatedly, burning it's flesh, untill the the green beast finnally stops breathing.

You all stop for a moment to take your breath back. But then you notice sounds far away. Leafs rustling, branches being broken, armored bodies moving. Looking behind the bushes you see a gleam of red. Several gleams of red actually. And you can hear some faint voices from tha direction:


"This way! Those explosions were surely coming from this way!"
"What could it be?"
"Be on your guard, mens, it may be the rebels. Who knows what dirty trick they may have prepared this time."
"No problem captain, we're much better than those lowly dogs!"
"Don't understimate them men... KEEP TOGHETER! I want this ended quickly, night is falling, and these woods are strange at night. If you get lost who knows what horrors could happen..."


As the voices draw nearer and nearer, Ezren first quickly applies some first aid at Throk, and then mounts his horse again. Looking at the rest of the party, he says with a sad low voice:

"We're not in battle shape right now. You guys keep quiet. I'll draw their atention. When you don't hear anything else please keep going whitout me, I'll join you when possible. C'mon, don't make those faces, I've been trained for this. I'll be allright. Here, keep this, it will only slow me down"-he finishes by throwing you the saddles that kept the party's treasure.

Then he incites his mount forward and runs towards the voices. You can hear some screams of alarm, followed of people shouting "Get him!". You hear the sound of Ezren ridigin grow fainter and fainter, and then the sound of the other voices also growing fainter and fainter. It seems as the diversionary tactic worcked, but now you're reduced to only four allies

Ooc:
Yeah, I speeded things up a bit,

337.5 experience for everybody. This is enough I believe to raise you to level 2. You may either take the average HD or roll,whatever you prefer.

Throk is stablized and at 0HP. He may spend the usual hour and meal to recover his life to full.

Ezren left you the bag with the acumulated treasure.

The troll presented the following usefull loot:

120 GP
4 javelins

Bushwhacked
2008-04-02, 08:25 PM
Waits with baited breath a couple of minute's after the sounds of the men and Ezren had faded into the distance then slowly lets himself down the twenty feet of tree he jumped up. He recovers his main weapon and goes to pull the javelin from the trolls skull. He then reconsiders when he see's an un-bloodied set on its person.

Biyen takes three of them and says, "If I'm carring much more it will slow us down, I'm not sure how we'll carry those saddlebags aswell," before he looks up the trail after the cavalry-man, "He's a good soilder, if he doesn't cross another patrol we'll see him soon."

*DING* updated sheet, took average of d8 as 5? do potions have weight? couldn't see it on a glance throught the rules

Uncle Festy
2008-04-02, 08:38 PM
Did the same.
Sheet is updated.

expirement10K14
2008-04-03, 01:36 PM
Sheet updated.


"Those sadle bags do look a bit heavy, but maybe I can carry them."
Throk will try to carry one, depending on how heavy it is.

Oslecamo
2008-04-03, 01:55 PM
Ooc:Potions weight 1/10 pound.

The saddlebags with all the stuff inside, except the jaevelins, weights roughly 80 pounds.

However, most of that weight is from the looted armors, 55 pounds. You can abandon the armors and divide the remaining 25 pounds by all of you.

May I point out there's a medium chain mail there? Like, +5 AC, while scale mails gives only +4 AC?

Bandededed
2008-04-03, 02:06 PM
Ryu

Barely able to contain his need for speed ( :smallbiggrin: ), Ryu is obviously very much in a hurry to be on the way.

What's in the bag, anyway? I don't know :smalleek:!!! I can still carry 10 pounds of gear and be light loaded, so...

Oslecamo
2008-04-03, 02:40 PM
Ooc:Some gold, silver, undintified potions, a periapt of wisdom and the limit weapons(they're exotic, don't lose time trying to wield them), if I'm not mistaken.

Bushwhacked
2008-04-04, 09:32 PM
Biyen not wanting anything at the moment and thinking he can dip into the gold if the need arises sits back and allows the others to decide how they're going to be carrying the rest of the loot.

When it comes to moving out again he volenteers to take a place up from if moving in two lines still or, if they decide single file would be better, he thinks he should probably stand second in line.

Bandededed
2008-04-04, 09:53 PM
Ryu

Ryu digs around in the saddle bags, putting on the periapt of wisdom and bundling up the gold and silver.

"We can split this up later," he says aloud. "Someone should probably grab the potions as well, they may be valuable. Now let's go,"

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 06:26 AM
After resting, you resume your journey. As you keep following the trail, however, you start to feel like someone or something's observing you. Stoping to make sure of what's hapening, you see a man come out from behind a tree. His clothes are worn out and dirty, and he carries a longbow and a quiver on his back, over his leather armor. A longsword and a shortsword rest in his hands. Looking at you suspiciously, he tells you, trying to sound secure but with an hint of fear in his voice:

"There are a dozen bows pointed at you right now. Tell us who you are and what you're doing here and no arrow will be released. Refuse and you die here."

He then breaths deeply.


"You..you aren't friends with the crimson warriors, are you? I saw your companion divert their atention..."

expirement10K14
2008-04-05, 12:21 PM
OOC: Missed my chance to don the chain mail, I'll just put it on after we resolve this.

These Crimson warriors destroyed a town we were in, and we have been following them. Our companion diverted them to save our lives. We have quite an armory ourselves," he rests his hand on his sword, "who might you be?"

Oslecamo
2008-04-05, 01:30 PM
The ragged men lowers his swords, but still doesn't sheet them.

Destroyed your village you say? Well, I used to be the best hunter of my place, just a few hours from here. Untill the crimson warriors arrived, and they started to boss us around, telling us how to do our stuff. They told us they wanted to "improve our village" They gave the farmers special seeds for them to grow, and our priests special medicines to treat our injured. They actually were best than our own... But then they started to take our food, our cattle. They said we should share what we have, but they shared very little of their stuff. Then they went and said we should give them our weapons, that they only leaded to violence. Arrogant bastards, carrying all those fine swords and armors. I saw what they wanted. They wanted to enslave us, to make us their servants, whitout even risking their lifes.

Me and the other hunters said no, that we had the right to have the means to defend ourselves and to get food and skins. They told us that they would be the ones defending the village now, and we should get another job. Then they tried to take the weapons by force but we showed them we also know how to fight. But then they called more of their friends, and we soon were badly outnumbered. We had to run to the forest here, and we've been here since then. Some of my boys died, others tried to cross the forest to run away...

Sudenly the hunter's face grew pale, and his eyes widened

"I see now... That's what was that great crimson warriors team yesterday. They went looking for my boys who had run away and ended finding that village you spoke off right? Those bastards...I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything to help you."

The hunter then sheathes his weapons and extends his hand.

"Name's Guilherme, and I'm trying to get those crimson warriors away from my home. Say, would you be willing to worck with us? You look tough, and we surely could use some heavy hitters, most of us are light fighters. We know the crimson warriors patrols and defenses, we could help each other a lot in geting our rightfull revenge against them."

expirement10K14
2008-04-06, 07:30 AM
Throk takes his hand off his sword and extends it. "I think working together could be a great idea. We would probably have trouble by ourselves, as there was only a few of us. If there as many of you as you say this could work out well."

Bushwhacked
2008-04-06, 09:07 AM
Biyen eventually steps forward and come out with "If we work with you, which does seem likly by the sounds of things, you would have to give us free reign. Some of us here are militarily trained and our actions might seem a little off to you."
Also do you have a stock of supplies or are you living from the land?"
diplomacy: [roll0]

Oslecamo
2008-04-06, 03:24 PM
Guilherme let's out a whistle, and three men and three womens appear from the woods, carrying longbows and crosswbos.

He then shakes Throk's hand while saying:


Well, I'm afraid I lied a little when I told you we had a dozen bows pointing at you. These are the best hands I have left. We have an hideout not far from here, where there are our remaining forces. There are twenty four heads total there, but most of them aren't really warriors, but rather farmers who liked to hunt and trackers. Fourteen of us were captured by the crimson warriors and are probably roting in the fortress they built recently, including our old leader, Telmo.

He then looks back at Ryu, showing a smile.

We've been living out the land. Luckily there's plenty of forage and hunt around here if you know how to look, but I swear, I would give my left foot for a good barrel of beer.

Guilherme then stars conducting you trough the woods, while explaining his plans:

Well, during the nights I've been brewing some plans, and I've reached the conclusion that there are three main ways we could get those crimson bastards out of here(no offense to the mister in red armor, of course).

First possibility, we would provide a diversion from one side, while you would invade their fortress by other side, to free our companions. Our problem was that the interior of the fortress is always guarded by heavy armored soldiers inside tight corridors. I really don't have a chance against them, but you certainly could. With Telmo and our other friends free again, the people of the village will surely join us and togheter the crimson warriors won't stand a chance. They've been weakening our moral untill now, treating us like dogs, but if we can breack their fortress hope will shine again in our hearts.

Second possibility, you could pretend to be wandering mercenaries. Join the crimson warriors. And when you got the chance, kill their leader, Filipe. He keeps his forces in check with an iron fist. Killing him would surely be a crushing blow to their moral. Filipe usually goes everywhere with his elite guard, and togheter they're a mighty force however.

The third plan is the slowest, but safest. We atract their patrols, you kill them in melee. Eventually, Filipe will come out from his fortress, and then we finish him with your help.

Of course, if you have any plan of your own, I'm all hears.

Bushwhacked
2008-04-06, 08:18 PM
He stammers for a moment at the crimson armour comment and then leaves Guilherme to finish what he is saying.

"I think I might." He taps his chin momentarily mulling it over. "Your second plan seemed to work for me, its effective and none of us have the supplies or men to draw this thing out. Only, one of our party at least, is already known to the enemy." He turns to the others. "Remember that dwarf? He seemed to know Ezren quite well, I know he's not here right now but we let those kobolds get away so they could have decriptions of us all. My plan is along the same lines but, when I show you this, well you shall all need to trust me a little more than I feel is justified right now." He starts rooting through his pack and reaching into the very bottom he pulls out a cloak with the red-eagle crest embossed in the centre of it.

Oslecamo
2008-04-07, 09:07 AM
Guilherme's eyes widened.

You're...You're the deserter the crimson warriors spoke off? I heard some things in the bar when I was in the village....About a crimson warrior who had rebelled, and how they had tried to use magic to "persuade" him to see the true path again. They said he had died in a mission for his own fault. It seems they were lying.

As for the kobolds, I sincerly doubt they're worcking with the crimson warriors. They seem to despise anything too diferent of an human, and have several trophies of orcs, kobolds, trolls. They even treat elfs and dwarves as if they were directly inferior to them. I remembered they talking how they would clean the florest of all the two legged monsters walcking on it."

Oslecamo
2008-04-08, 04:49 PM
Ooc:ready to DM again

Bushwhacked
2008-04-08, 05:14 PM
"Deserter you say? Hmmm, I dont know about that but I can't say I ever remember signing on with their troops. I woke up about thirty minuites before I walked into that village and found this one obsessing about explosives."
"If thats the case the idea might not be so hot. As, after all, even you've heard of it."

Oslecamo
2008-04-10, 05:51 AM
"One way or another, entering the village with that armor and flag will definetely raise suspicion amonb the crimson warriors. But we have someone at our encampment wich is quite handy with disguises. He could make you look like just another traveler with ease. Also, we have still some contacts with the merchants inside the city. If you have the gold, I can send one of my mens to go fetch any stuff you need from the city during the night. They're also willing to buy stuff we get. If you're unsure how much something you have is worth my friend over there is a good apraiser."

Ooc:The last proposition worcks basically like a normal shop. Take the chance to sell what you don't need and upgrade your equipment(cough apraise the exotic weapons cough)