PDA

View Full Version : [Avatar d20] The Fall of Chin the Great - Group 2 IC



Mephibosheth
2008-02-14, 10:16 AM
The Fall of Chin the Great Ė Group 2

The last few years have been full of upheaval, conflict, and uncertainty. The armies of Chin the Great washed over the Earth Kingdom, leaving only Ba Sing Se, safe behind its impenetrable wall, unconquered. Now though, the tide of Chinís conquest has crashed against the rock of Avatar Kyoshi and has begun to recede, leaving shattered villages, purpose-less military units, and disrupted lives in its wake.

Rumors are flying throughout the kingdom. Some say that Kyoshi separated a piece of the country from the mainland in order to stop the conqueror. Some speak of the inability of the Earth King to stop Chin and quietly foment rebellion. Some whisper quietly of the order that would have come with Chinís complete conquest. More loudly, people complain of banditry, poverty, and the destruction left by the various armies.

It is in this time of uncertainty that you find yourself in the village of Yu Shya, a local trading center approximately 3-dayís ride southeast of Ba Sing Se. You are standing at the edge of the town square, where it appears several things are happening. At the well in the center of the square, a slender man wearing the ragged clothes and the pointed hat of a peasant is speaking excitedly of betterment for peasants and general prosperity for the people of the Earth Kingdom when the new order comes. He is surrounded by people, who become increasingly agitated with every sentence. On the left-most fringe of the square, a well-dressed nobleman is surrounded by a rough crowd of characters, with whom he seems to be engaged in a heated discussion, though if you listen carefully, you can hear the clink of coins at intervals. The nobleman continuously looks askance at the group in the center of the square. Finally, the walls of shops surround the square are plastered with wanted posters for various bandits and criminals, all advertising a reward if the pictured individual is captured and turned in to the authorities.

Quintin Blake
You were away from your village when Chin was defeated, and cut off from the resulting island. Deciding to seize the opportunity, youíve arrived in Yu Shya as simply the next stop in your wanderings. Rumors that Avatar Kyoshi is in Ba Sing Se might have informed your decision, however.

Rikoda
You hardly know where in the Earth Kingdom you are. Your wanderings have simply led you here. While you have substantial funds saved from previous employment, your income has been meagre and your skills with the Sammisen have been bringing in little extra.

Lyzander
Bandits aplenty roam the hills around Yu Shya, and youíre in town looking for news of their movements. Itís been rumored that some of the officers of Chin the Greatís army have joined with these bandits and are the cause behind their recently-increased activity.

Boruk Chun
Constantly looking over your shoulder in case the army has decided to track you down for deserting, youíve arrived in Yu Shya simply looking to blend in and rest for a few days. You had thought that the small town would be a bit more peaceful than the country sides.

Aki Miruko
As a young girl wandering alone, youíve found the country side a perilous place to be. Youíve had to fight off bandits twice since you left the last settlement, and the security of a city is starting to look attractive, especially since youíve been able to earn a few silver pieces by performing around the town square.


OOC:
AaaaandÖ.go!

In your first post, please briefly (or extensively, your choice) describe your characterís appearance and what theyíre doing in town at the moment. I hope everyone enjoys the game, and apologize for the slightly-delayed beginning.


{table=head]Player|Character|Class
Jagadaishio|Aki Miruko (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41389)|Firebender 5
Frigs|Boruk Chan (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41135)|Fighter 5
Wrath Hammer|Lyzander (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41753)|Rogue 5
Goats O' Mjolnir|Rikoda (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41559)|Waterbender 5
Imbasel|Quintin Blake (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41778)|Airbender 5[/table]

I claim sandy brown as the DM's IC color.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-14, 01:59 PM
A tall dark man wanders around the square, plucking on a Sammisen while singing a song of his tribes. He is ruggedly handsome with a beaded goatee and a long black pony tail. He carries a satchel at his side and a waterskin on his back which sloshes occasionally as he dances around. He is wearing a pair of green-brown pants and a dark blue open chest tunic, revealing swirling tattoos on his chest that flow to his arms.

Rikoda ceases his plucking and clinks a few coins he has in his pocket, frowning at how low his income has been lately. Out of his peripheral vision he see's the wanted posters, having spent a few years of his life as a bounty hunter, he walks over and views the posters.

[OOC:I had a ton of money left over, but I dont mind rping that I have little cash, would you like me too spend some of that on equipment to make it easier for ya DM?]

Mephibosheth
2008-02-14, 02:36 PM
OOC (@ Goats):
The WBL guidelines for this setting are definitely a work in progress, and I always forget how much or little wealth the characters actually have when I write up the intro posts :smallredface:. RP having the wealth you actually have, and I'll change the intro post.

Copacetic
2008-02-14, 02:45 PM
A tall, musceled Adult moves into the square. He is dressed in simply green clothes of a peasent, but moves with a commanding step. He leds a Ostrich-Horse after him, which has a long spear tied to it. The man briefly stops to talk to a merchant before seeing the nobleman. trying to avoid unwanted attenton, he moves closer and listens.....

[roll1]

Please be good, Please be good!

Copacetic
2008-02-14, 02:48 PM
Whoops! No Listen roll. Here it is. [roll0]

Mephibosheth
2008-02-14, 05:18 PM
Rikoda

The wanted posters show a bewildering variety of individuals, from missing daughters of minor nobles to bandit leaders to deserted army officers. Similarly, the rewards offered are all over the map, from 10 pieces of silver for bandit underlings or information about local petty theft to a 100 gold piece reward for the leader of a nearby bandit clan, a tall, thick man with an impressive white beard and bald pate named Jin Hua. Most of the posters mention turning the pictured offender in to the local authorities, but a few seem to be private bounties for various wealthy and middle-income residents of the town. You also see a number of advertisements for employment guarding trade caravans, most of which direct you to the caravanserai on the outskirts of town for further information.

Boruk Chun

Possessed of surprising dexterity for a man of your size, you are able to edge close enough to the group round the nobleman without being noticed to hear some snatches of their conversation. You lean against a wooden post near a store as you strain to listen.

...worried about these peasants. Who know's what's going to happen if they get all riled up.


And you want us to do...

...just need some more men around my home. Will you help?


Perhaps, but my "help" don't come cheap...


Mine neither. What'd you have in mind to give for our "help?"

jagadaishio
2008-02-14, 05:26 PM
Aki was dancing. She had deposited her belongings in a cheap inn, changed into her bright performer's clothes. She was in the square, neither too near the centre nor the edge, free and relaxed as she danced away. After lightly-charring a few bandits on the journey here, she felt that this was the best way to relax now. She was bending occasionally as part of her dance, letting sparks and small flashes of light trail behind her moving limbs.

A clay cup sat next to her, a few of her own coppers in it to make others more willing to give her their money.

(I've never used the board roller and I'm not sure how I would go about doing it.)

Imbasel
2008-02-14, 05:30 PM
Quin walks around and sees the reward posters. He turns to the man next to him and says "So, you need some extra cash too? My name in Quintin Blake, whats yours? He extends his hand in greeting.

OOC: This should be Rikoda I am talking to I believe.

Copacetic
2008-02-14, 06:51 PM
Boruk chews his lip momentarily before deciding it was worh it. e walks up to the nobleman and clears his throat.


Hello there, I can't help but overhere your confersation about unruly peasents, and I believe I'd be ideal for the job. I've dealt with more than just a few unhappy peasants.

Boruk cracks his knuckles at the end of the last sentence for a good effect.

Here's how you roll [roll=Whatever you want to name it]xdy[/roll*] Just replace the x with the number of die and the y with the number of faces. Also remove the astersk at the end.

jagadaishio
2008-02-14, 07:09 PM
Here's how you roll [roll=Whatever you want to name it]xdy[/roll*] Just replace the x with the number of die and the y with the number of faces. Also remove the astersk at the end.

And if you want to roll, say, 1d20+10, would that be [roll=Whatever]xdy+10[/roll*]?

wrath hammer
2008-02-14, 09:25 PM
Now i think it's my turn....sorry for the retardation.

Lyzander
A middle-sized man enters the square among all the population, almost all of his body is covered by clothing, except his hands and a part of his face. His pace is very fast, as he would be floating a few centimeters from the ground. After killing a rapist last night and leaving his money(his own, not from the rapist) on a false wall in a alley,he is looking for others transgressors disturbing the population, and bring then to justice.
In his back is possible to see some kind of volume inside his clothing, in the upper extreme is visible a grip, of a sword, scimitar or whatever object similar.
Trying to mix himself among the people, he moves in a accelerated pace towards the exit of the village leading to the hills. "This will be a great night for hunting in the wilds" he thinks. There are some oficials who were supposed to be protecting the people, but they are losing this conception. And now they MUST be replaced.

And Lyzander, gets out of the square to make justice by his own hands.

[OOC:Am I very bustler getting out of village straight to the "objective" without any conversation, or there is no problem?? If have please tell me that I will reduct the pace]
[OOC:And I'm very sorry, but I didn't understand the way of rolling the dice, I thought it was just write [roll=Whatever you want to name it]xdy[/roll*] on the post.......but it didn't work, is there anything that I forgot?? Sorry for this complication:smallfrown:]

Copacetic
2008-02-14, 10:08 PM
: no No No, There is no * at the end of the roll! It's just [/roll]! Asterisk=* Just so you know.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-14, 10:28 PM
Rikoda stares at the newcomer, staring him up and down. Thinking that this man means no harm, he smiles with genuine warmth and shakes his hand firmly


"Rikoda, pleasure, so you looking for a bounty as well my friend?"

[OOC: Can you give me more info on any bandit bounties please:D]

wrath hammer
2008-02-15, 08:10 AM
1d20
do you mean to write like this? I tried before without * when you spoke it to jagadaishio and the outcome was the same like this

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-15, 10:46 AM
4d 8 THAT is how you roll, except with no space in between, just choose the number of dice and what kind in between i.e 1d6, 1d20, 3d12 etc

Mephibosheth
2008-02-15, 11:30 AM
Boruk Chun

The nobleman looks up quickly, apparently having not noticed you approaching. He clears his throat and whinces slightly at the knuckle cracks.

Yes, well. You probably would do alright. Come to my estate tomorrow, just outside the city to the west, and we'll talk about the details.

With that, he stands up and nods to two large men standing behind him.

The same offer stands for everyone. Goodnight, gentlemen.

Rikoda

There appears to be a standing offer of one gold piece for every member of the "Earth Kingdom Treasurers" brought in alive. Apparently, members are identified by armbands bearing the national emblem (http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/images/f/fic%5Eavat4.gif) of the Earth Kingdom in gold, in mockery of Earth Kingdom authority and making a joke about the shape of Earth Kingdom money. For every armband you bring in without an accompanying live bandit, there is a reward of 5 silver pieces.

In addition to these general rewards, there is the 100 gp reward for the capture of Jin Hua. There is also a standing 5 gp reward for any captured former members of Chin's army.

OOC:
A couple of OOC notes:

First, it would help me immesurably if you would put the name of your characters in bold at the top of your posts. In case anyone is unfamiliar, the code for this is , with the desired text between the two sets of bracketed code.

Second, just to clarify, the board roller functions as follows:

xdy+z
If you're going to name the roll (which isn't necessary, and ultimately kind of a pain, imho), it cannot have any spaces. Thus, "Move Silently" wouldn't work, but "MoveSilently" would. Your other option is to simply title the roll in normal text (perhaps bolding it for easy identification and using the following code:

Name - xdy+z
Another option is to use InvisibleCastle (http://invisiblecastle.com) and simply post a link to the result of the roll.
I hope that helps.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-15, 12:42 PM
Rikoda

Excuse me Quinn, I found the bounty I wish too find, your more than welcome too come along, but I dont plan to share.

Gather Information Roll

[roll0]

[OOC:I realize we're splitting apart Meph, is this ok with you? if not I will adjust my post]

jagadaishio
2008-02-15, 03:22 PM
Aki
-----

Perform Dance:
[roll0]

wrath hammer
2008-02-15, 09:43 PM
Lyzander

Lyzander tries to get over some building(house, any trade post, shop or whatever) and go through the rooftops so he can get faster to the exit of the village and therefore the hills where the bandits and the turncoat officer is located and put an end to his treason.

Climb the Building
[roll0]

Before anything else I would like to say that this characther is a kind of fanatic for justice. And as so, he don't care about bounties or rewards for bringing the transgressor to the autorithies. His "natural reaction" would be kill him on sight

Imbasel
2008-02-16, 09:20 AM
I'm doing quite well thank you. Do you want to work together to bring these people to justice?"

hacim
2008-02-17, 02:39 PM
I do not know how to make a spoiler warning so unless your the DM please do not read this







I'm sorry i know i'm not part of this thread and i shouldn't post, but i'm just telling the DM that maybe it would be a good idea to check out Quintin Blake's air bending skill point spend, maybe i simply do not understand the way skill points work, but isn't the current build impossible

Copacetic
2008-02-17, 03:09 PM
How to make a spoiler, Part 1. first, make a pair of brackets. [] Then put the word spoiler in it. Simple right? Then just but in your words, and repeat step one but put a slash behind the first bracket. Like this see? . Example: Hello, I am a spoiler I hope You learned how to make a spoiler. Have a good day.

Boruk


Boruk nods at the nobleman, nods at the othermen, and heads back to his ostrich-horse and pulling it to the slender man talking to the crowd.

Mephibosheth
2008-02-18, 12:16 PM
Aki

Your firebending-enhanced performance has drawn a small crowd, and choruses of ďoohísĒ and ďahísĒ great each spark and explosion. By the end of the dance youíre cup has filled considerably, with an amount of copper coins (and a single silver coin) equaling 2.5 silver pieces.

Everyone:

Over the course of your activites, the late afternoon progresses into evening and the square gradually fills up with townsfolk on their way home or heading to tea shops and restaurants to relax after work. Suddenly, a large explosion rips through the chatter and bustle of the busy square, and a large cloud of smoke billows out from one of the side streets. One of the buildings near the edge of the smoke catches on fire, and ash and charred boards fall from its shattered roof.

Only seconds later, a small crowd of men burst from the smoke cloud and spread out to the shops that ring the square; grabbing weapons, valuable commodities, food supplies, and cash boxes from the terrified shopkeepers. With weapons clutched in their fists, they cut down any that attempt to stop them.

OOC:
Sorry I havenít posted in the last few days. The weekend was substantially busier than I had anticipated. Also, initiatives (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1498934):

Quintin Blake: 12
Aki Miruko: 18
Boruk Chun: 15
Lyzander: 14
Rikoda: 10

Finally, Imbasel, Hacim is right. How does Quintin have 20 ranks in Airbending? The max ranks a 5th level character can have in a single skill is 8.

Imbasel
2008-02-18, 12:51 PM
OOC: Oops I forgot I can only have max ranks for 3+ your class level, that will be fixed.

Copacetic
2008-02-18, 12:52 PM
Boruk

Bouk instinctively covers his head at the sound of the blast and pulls shield over himself. Loking at the bandits, he realizes that there won't be anymore explosuins if they have people in. Swinging himself on to his mount, he takes his lance, readies his shield and charges. [roll0] Full round action to ready both his lance and shield. Ride check to Fast Mount.

Imbasel
2008-02-18, 01:01 PM
Quin looks at the men and shouts NO!!!!!!!!!!! I won't see any other innocent people get hurt.

He airbends a tornado in the center of the men who are attacking.

Link
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1499023/

Got a 35, I will do this once it is my turn, and watch them fly. :smalleek:

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-18, 01:16 PM
Rikoda

Shocked at the blast, Rikoda notices the bandits swarming through the streets and begins making swaying motions with his hands. Water funnels out of the bladder on his back, and he compacts into into a cylinder.

The water crystallizes, and with several rapid hand thrusts, discs shoot out the top of the cylinder to the nearest bandit.

Ice Shards 2d6 DC 14

[roll0]

+11 for waterbending ranks and wisdom+2 for knowledge synergy

dunno if I rolled it correctly, plus I didnt add+2 because I was Unsure if it was night yet.

wrath hammer
2008-02-18, 02:19 PM
Lyzander

Almost at the edge of the village over the roof of a shop, Lyzander hears the blast and turns back to see and watch the great cloud of smoke from the square and instantaneously thinks "BANDITS!!", and rushes back to the square
jumping the houses.

Reaching there he witness all the scene. Furious he draw his scimitar and jump over the back of the first (careless)bandit that he sees, cutting his throat.

Attack:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1499175/

Sneak attack damage:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1499176/
As I scored an critical the attack is multiplied by 2, therefore
11x2= 22 damage

OOC: I'm making a sneak attack this time assuming that the target is distracted robbing and not paying attention to his back in all the confusion.
If the DM disagree of this attitude I change my post(or what he decides)

Mephibosheth
2008-02-18, 02:58 PM
OOC:
I realize I forgot to include a summary of how I like to conduct PbP combat in my earlier post.

I request that all players refrain from making second round posts after they post their actions for the first round. I will reconcile all of the characters' actions as well as those of the opponents, and make a post summarizing the round, including a map of the combat at the end of the round. Unfortunately, this means that we will likely be limited to one round per day, as I only have access to my drawing programs in the evening. Nevertheless, I find that this method substantially reduces confusion and makes battles easier for everyone involved.

So, in summary, after you post your actions, do not post again until after I have summarized the round and posted a map. If you need to make extra rolls or pose a followup for any reason, by all means do so. However, don't post your actions for the next round until after I summarize and reconcile.

jagadaishio
2008-02-18, 03:49 PM
Aki

In the process of depositing her coins in a pocket and bowing to the crowd as the blast goes off, Aki drops the clay cup and sprints in the direction of the nearest burning building. The clay cup shatters as it hits the ground.

Aki is going to see if anyone needs help within the burning buildings. If nobody does, she will turn her attention to suppressing the bandit attack.

Mephibosheth
2008-02-19, 10:14 AM
Combat 1 Ė Round 1

Map
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Mephibosheth85/The%20Fall%20of%20Chin%20-%20Group%202/Combat1-Map1.png

As the bandits begin to ransack the town, the crowd in the square panics and people surge en masse toward the exits from the square, pushing frantically to be the first ones away from the violence and flame.

From her place on the side of the square, Aki moves forward, pushing against the crowd. She can hear the faint cries of trapped and wounded people issuing from within the cloud of smoke, almost overwhelmed by the noise of the panicked crowed.

Meanwhile, Boruk Chun swings adroitly up onto the saddle of his ostrich-horse, freeing his lance and shield and spurring his mount forward. Like Aki, he finds it difficult to move against the crowd, but he is able to make a little bit of headway toward a pair of bandits looting a fabric store while readying his weapons.

As he moves, he sees a man swathed in cloth leap (Lyzander) down from the roof of the building and slash a curved blade swiftly across the neck of one of the bandits. The bandit crumples to the ground, a look of surprise on his face as the robed figure pulls his scimitar from the banditís body and whirls to face the rest of the battle.

Quintin has a good vantage point from his position near the southeast corner of the square, and is fortunate enough to avoid most of the crush of people. Taking up a fighting stance, he whirls his hands in circles around each other, and a dark spiral of air, dust, and clouds descends on the only bandit he can reach, enveloping him in a tornado which lifts him off the ground and buffets him around.

Rikoda, standing next to Quin, seizes this opportunity to launch a flurry of razor-sharp ice shards at the floating bandit, striking him cleanly in the torso and arms and leaving long, thin cuts on his body. The bandit, struggling against the spiraling air currents and already disoriented from the dizziness and buffeting, goes limp.

OOC:
Good first round, everyone. Just a few things to note:

First, the brown rectangles on the map are buildings that stretch off the map. The black, blue, and grey circle in the center is the village well, and the large, empty circle in the northeast is the area covered in dust and smoke (anything beyond 10 ft. has partial concealment, anything father than 15 ft. has total concealment). The enemies are marked as E# on the map, and characters are marked with their first initial in the color of their IC speech (I couldnít remember Akiís color, sorry). For bending purposes, the floor is packed dirt with cobblestones in certain locations, and the well contains enough water for most (if not all) bending forms. If you have any questions about the map, just ask.

Second, the square is full of people, making movement difficult (counting as difficult terrain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#terrainandObstacle s)).

Third, Imbasel, the Tornado seed requires you to create the tornado in the same square as your character. Iím fine with your action, merely because the language is a little ambiguous, but in the future, it starts in your square and moves thereafter. Thatís one of the things this sort of playtesting is intended to determine.

Fourth, benders, donít forget you can take 10 on bending skill checks if youíre not threatened.

Finally, just to clarify, E5 was killed by Lyzanderís critical hit and E4 was taken out by a combination of Quinís tornado and Rikodaís ice shards. Nice work everybody.

I hope the map and this post clarify things a little bit. The map above shows everyonís position at the end of the round. Sorry for being vague with my last post.

jagadaishio
2008-02-19, 04:43 PM
Aki
Aki looks around to see if see if she can see anyone who is trapped or wounded and needs immediate help. If she saw the formation of the tornado, she yells out in Lyzander's direction, "You! Airbender! Clear the smoke!"

If she does see anyone who needs helping, she immediately goes to them and tries to get them to safety. If she doesn't, she moves to I8 and launches a fire blast with explosion (DC 18, taking 10) at bandit E2, who is not deep enough within the smoke to have any concealment and well within her blast range.

If she attacks, here are her rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC:
I actually didn't use any text colouring other than black to the best of my knowledge, so that works.

jagadaishio
2008-02-19, 04:48 PM
Aki
Aki looks around to see if see if she can see anyone who is trapped or wounded and needs immediate help. If she saw the formation of the tornado, she yells out in Lyzander's direction, "You! Airbender! Clear the smoke!"

If she does see anyone who needs helping, she immediately goes to them and tries to get them to safety. If she doesn't, she moves to I8 and launches a fire blast with explosion (DC 18, taking 10) at bandit E2, who is not deep enough within the smoke to have any concealment and well within her blast range.

If she attacks, here are her rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

OOC:
I actually didn't use any text colouring other than black to the best of my knowledge, so that works.

jagadaishio
2008-02-19, 06:02 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Copacetic
2008-02-19, 07:46 PM
Boruk

Seeing Lyzander hit the first bandit hard, Boruk moves towards E5 and if possible, attacks.

Yes, I like spoilers. They are nice. [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [/roll=Damage3]1d8+8

wrath hammer
2008-02-19, 10:38 PM
Lyzander

Having finished the first bandit, Lyzander hears the young girl yelling at his direction refering to him as an air bender. Assuming that she should be talking to another person he just ignore her and look back toward the great wall of smoke and dust and hurried to the shop/house in fire to save anyone inside.

He sheaths his scimitar, and begins to run toward the fire.
Having 30 feet of movement, it is cut to 15 with the crowd, so Lyzander gets to M23.

Frigs, I saw that you are coming to kill the bandit E5, but he is already dead.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-19, 11:15 PM
Rikoda


Noticing the bandit in the Tornado has gone limp, Rikoda turns to Quintin and gives a thumbs up.

"Lets try and take care of the fire!

Pushing through the crowd he tries to get closer to the well(spotT19).

Damn, please get out of the way! I need to reach that well!."

Rikoda rides against the sea of people, making his way towards the well with grim determination.

Imbasel
2008-02-20, 06:13 PM
Quin's nods at his new friends and decides to do something that he hopes will help save some innocents.

He twirls his staff and jumps up into the sky 10 feet above the crowd. He than drops in front of where the smoke is and unleashes his stormwinds.

My check of 30: Creates wind at windstorm levels.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1501970/

OOC: I checked my airbending mod and I get an additional +1 for using an airbending staff. I found it in a thread here about new weapons, and items.
Also, once I'm done with the smoke the bandits shall soon learn what it is like to fly.

Copacetic
2008-02-20, 07:18 PM
Well, nurts. Whoops. Changing action then.
Boruk

Boruk, seeing that the two bandits were down, rides to j10

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-20, 07:34 PM
OOC: I wonder if the stormwinds are gunna send pedestrians flying :D

Imbasel
2008-02-20, 07:49 PM
OOC: It should not blow them back, at worst it will keep them checked. I didn't want them to go flying.:smallbiggrin:

Mephibosheth
2008-02-21, 07:15 PM
Combat 1 Ė Round 2

Map
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Mephibosheth85/The%20Fall%20of%20Chin%20-%20Group%202/Combat1-Map2.png

Seeing a few of the people in the square stand their ground and even advance toward them, a few of the bandits draw weapons (mostly farm implements serving double duty) and push their way through the crowd toward Aki. Seeing this, Aki launches a fire blast at one of them, but is jostled at the last minute by a fleeing civilian, and the shot flies above the bandits head before dissipating. Boruk, meanwhile, moves closer to Akiís position to engage the bandits as well, having been deprived of his previous targets by the quick action of Lyzander, Rikoda, and Quin. Meanwhile, Lyzander moves forward into the smoke looking for survivors to help, only to find the smoke and dust blown away by a huge blast of wind from an airbender who seemed to materialize out of the crowd. The blast of wind knocks most of the civilians off their feet, but Lyzander is able to remain standing. Finally, Rikoda dashes (at least, as quickly as possible) toward the well, bring his arms around in preparation for bending water from the well onto the fires still raging among the buildings.

OOC:
Good work this round, guys!

Just a few notes. Rikoda, I assumed you wanted to move as quickly as possible toward the well, so I had you double move instead of taking just the single move. I hope thatís ok. Quin, using Stormwinds is a full-round action, so I had you take a 5-foot step forward instead of the (albeit cool and very much in character) jumping move you had planned. You did do an awesome jumping 5-foot step, though!

wrath hammer
2008-02-21, 08:30 PM
Lyzander

With the smoke off, Lyzander is able to see 3 bandits that were hidden inside it's area. But his priority is to save who's inside the building and afterwards finish the bastards with crushing rage.
Having reached the corner of the building(J24) (are both top left buildings in fire?) Lyzander runs up the wall to reach the 1st floor through the window

Climb the wall
[roll0]

If there is some check that I still have to do, please tell me.

jagadaishio
2008-02-21, 09:23 PM
Aki

Seeing the bandits advancing towards her, Aki throws another exploding blast in the direction of bandit E1, hoping to push him into bandit E3. After firing off the blast, she moves back to L8.

Rolls:
I'll take 10 on the bending check, exceeding the DC 19 by 8, allowing her to deal 2d6 damage and adding an extra +4 to her bull rush check.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Copacetic
2008-02-21, 09:34 PM
Boruk

Seeing Aki shoot fire at the first bandit, Boruk spurs his Ostrich-Horse onward and charges Bandit #2

[roll0] [roll1]x3 for a total of 36 damage.

I also now have an AC of 23, in case the Bandit decides to make a counter attack.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-21, 10:09 PM
OOC:Fine by me Meph :)

Rikoda

Rikoda begins to swing his arm upward in a rising motion, feeling the water sprout forth from the well, Rikoda manipulates several jets of water towards the fires in succesion.

I want to roll it as 3 waterblasts and take 10, which makes my roll a 23, with the DC being 15(I believe) if you want me to roll the attempt differently, let me know

Imbasel
2008-02-22, 01:56 AM
Quin happy that the fire and smoke are more or less done grins and says This must end."

He flies 10 feet into the air and will fly as fast as he can in the square to the right of E1. He will drop 10 feet, and hopefully take no damage.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1503670/

I think that is a full round action

And if it isn't I will make a tornado to send them flying.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1503678/

and i fail miserably .

Mephibosheth
2008-02-25, 12:50 AM
Combat 1 - Round 3

Map
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Mephibosheth85/The%20Fall%20of%20Chin%20-%20Group%202/Combat1-Map3.png

This time, Akiís fire blast strikes true and the bandit falls, his clothes aflame. His body strikes the bandit behind him, who hastily beats out any tongues of flame on his own clothes as he rolls out from under his companionís body. Boruk Chun rides down the bandit to their right, and skewers him on his lance. The prone bandit thinks better of continuing the fight, and runs out of town as quickly as he can.

Lyzander is able to make it through the second storey window and quickly pulls a woman from the flames, helping her though the window and lowering her until it is safe enough for her to drop to the ground. He is unable to see or hear any others in the room.

Quin meanwhile unfolds his glider and takes off, landing adroitly on top of one of the buildings, thankfully spared from the flames that are licking the roofs of some of the other buildings. Rikoda, however, is able to maneuver enough water onto the building Lyzander recently entered to put out most of the flames.

The bandits in the northwest corner of the square notice the treat posed by Aki and Boruk and move as quickly as they toward the pair, bringing sickles to bear against the firebender. Fortunately, only one hits, and the wound is relatively shallow.

Finally, the three most-recently arrived bandits move forward, pushing through the crowd and drawing long daggers from their belts.

OOC:
Aki, you take 4 damage from the sickle attack.

jagadaishio
2008-02-25, 03:48 PM
Aki

Aki jumps back quickly as the bandits approach, whipping her arms around in a quick sweep and thrust, a blast of fire shooting from her hands at the two bandits.

Aki takes a five foot step to J9.

If there are no innocents in the cone before her containing E6 and E7, she uses Fire Sweep on them, dealing [roll0] damage, DC 16 reflex save for half damage.

If there are innocents in that cone, she uses another Exploding Blast, taking 10, targeting E7. I recalculated and realized that the Explosion + Fire Blast form is actually DC 15, so 2d6 damage and a +10 on the bull rush checks. The bandit should move in the direction of B5 for a distance determined by the opposed check. The attack and damage include Point Blank Shot.

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

wrath hammer
2008-02-25, 10:55 PM
Lyzander

After taking the woman to safety Lyzander turn his attention back to the room that he's in. Watching the fire torn room he is able to see all the damage made by the fire. Taking a quick look around he sees all the confusion down in the square, including a man mounted in a ostrich horse and foreseeing more problems with men of the army(actually is Boruk who is not from the army anymore, but Lyzander doesn't know this) and a girl fighting valiantly against two bandits.
Lyzander now take his way toward the next building intending to help more victims stuck in the fire. Wanting to avoid problems he runs inside the building the more near as possible from the other building. Running inside the room he gets to D24

OOC:
I'm assuming that inside the building there's no obstacle(albeit there should have destroyed furniture or some girder that didn't resist the fire and fell down) that hinder him from walk his full movement speed, so he walks 6 squares rather 3.
If the DM don't agree so reconsider my movement to G24.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-26, 01:37 PM
Rikoda, turning his attention to the bandits, walks closer to the well(location J16) and begins to start bending water into a large blade, once the blade is frozen, Rikoda lashes a whip of water to the end of the Ice Greatsword, and hurtles it at Enemy E9.


The Greatsword lash is DC 28 according to the forms compendium. So here goes the Roll(Meph, I still nead to know If Im getting a +2 bonus if its Nighttime, because I have not been accounting for it because Im not sure if the moon is out or not.)

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-02-26, 01:39 PM
Sorry, typed the rolll script wrong, this is the roll

[roll0]

Copacetic
2008-03-01, 09:21 AM
Announcement: You may have seen less of me for the last week, that is because I have a broken Connection and it's taking a while to fix. I give god-modding rights to Meph because I trust him. Have fun, I should be back soon. Hopefully.

Boruk


Boruk's mount takes a quick step forward as Boruk brings his lance to bear on the bandit closest to him. the sickle wielding bandits, lashing out threee times with deadly precision.

One five-foot step and a full-round attack. If I kill the E7 the rest of my attacks are directed at the E6, which I can hit wth my lance because of reach.
1d20+11
1d20+6
1d20+1
1d8+8
1d8+8
1d8+8

Imbasel
2008-03-04, 06:07 PM
Quin decides to take to the sky's to see what is happening.

OOC: Sorry I haven't been here I just got a new computer, and had to transfer all my old files.

Mephibosheth
2008-03-05, 12:16 AM
Aki and Boruk combine forces to defeat the two nearest bandits, who fall to the ground with singed clothes and hair and gaping wounds in their bodies. Lyzander meanwhile continues to search for people trapped in the building. He finds no one, however, and eventually has to come to the window for air. While there, he sees the bandits nearest him look at Aki and Boruk in shock, their eyes occasionally flicking upward to where Quin is flying. Dropping their weapons, they turn and bolt out of the square and presumably away from the village.

The still-panicky crowd slowly realizes that the bandits have fled, but most of them continue quickly on their way to the relative safety of their homes. As they pass you, you can hear many worried conversations about loved ones or important business deals, as well as a hefty dose of complaining about the ineffectiveness of the town guard.

Which, coincidentally enough, appears just as the battle is ended. A man wearing the characteristic green and brown robes and bare feet of an earthbender comes running up from the southern edge of the square, along with two overweight and out-of-breath militia men wielding long polarms. They look in astonishment at the devastation in the square, but seem surprised that no bandits remain. The earthbender grabs a passing citizen, who gestures toward Aki, Rikoda, and Boruk before pulling free and running away.

The earthbender approaches Aki and Boruk, bowing politely.

Iím told you are the ones who drove the bandits away. My thanks to you.

OOC:
Well done everyone! Nice work for the first battle. For defeating the bandits, you all gain 600 XP.

jagadaishio
2008-03-05, 11:17 AM
"Thanks, sir, but I'm just a little cut up, so maybe we should be looking around right now to see if anyone needs help. I know that I saw a lot of people getting cut down or trapped in the fires," Aki says, turning around to look through whatever bodies are scattered around the square, hoping to find someone living that she could help.

wrath hammer
2008-03-05, 10:06 PM
Lyzander

Having not found anyone inside the burning building(now extinguished), Lyzander take a while on the window to recover some air. Seeing that help have already come(pretty late) he realizes that the worst has passed. And then he leaps through the windows and land over the floor of the square.
After, on the square he walks quickly towards the nearest exit of the square so he can pass unperceived by the combatants and the militia.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-07, 10:28 AM
Rikoda

Realizing the bandits have fled, Rikoda walks over to the Earthbender with Aki and Boruk, and bows low.

"Happy to have helped, what can you tell me about the bandits in these areas, Im looking to bring in the bounty"

He takes a swig of his bending water, and scans the immediate square for anyone in Immediaite need of help.

Mephibosheth
2008-03-07, 03:50 PM
The entire northeast corner of the square is awash in rubble. The dust continues to settle and bits of stone and shards of broken timbers litter the ground. The houses and stores on that corner of the square all have gaping holes in their walls and roofs, but it looks like everyone still alive in the buildings has escaped. You can see the bodies of a few victims of the explosions laying amongst the rubble, and another small group of wounded villagers sits next to a building on the northwest side of the square. With the exception of the destroyed buildings, the casualties are lighter than you would expect due to a combination of timely intervention by certain individuals and the bandits' focus on gathering wealth instead of attacking the populace.

As Lyzander quickly makes his way to the edge of the square, he hears a shout from behind him.

There he is! That's the one who pulled me from the building!

A middle-aged woman runs up to Lyzander, her face covered in soot and tears but otherwise unharmed. She throws her arms around his neck as a small group of villagers furtively makes its way forward.

Thank you so much for saving me!

Meanwhile, the captain of the guard, still out of breath, casts a startled glance at Rikoda and speaks, noticeably trying to avoid the waterbender's eyes.

Um, the bandits? Don't really know much about them, to be honest. Every man who's, um, gone looking for them hasn't, um, come back, and we have no idea where their hideout is. They seem to attack the homes on the south most frequenlty, but that might be just because that's where the rich folks live.

Copacetic
2008-03-07, 05:30 PM
Boruk

Boruk swings himself off his steed and plaves his lance and shield on it. Wiping his hand free of any dirt, he offers it to the earthbender.

"Hello, My name is Boruk. I believe you mentioned bandits attacking rich homes? I happen to have a job protecting a person's home who may be a target. Perhaps we could collborate and set a trap for them and then follow them back to their hide-out."

Turning to Aki, He nods and gives a word of thanks for helping him, but nothing more.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-08, 12:53 AM
OOC:Hmmm..dodgy character eh? sense motive check!
[roll0]

wrath hammer
2008-03-08, 03:28 PM
Lyzander

As the lady catches Lyzander around his neck while he was running from the scene he tries the more gently as possible to remove her arms from him and vanish among the villagers before he attracts more attention.

Bluff check=18 (the outcome now is the DM who decides)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1521428/

Mephibosheth
2008-03-18, 09:15 AM
Rikoda, you see the guard captain's hands begin to shake slightly when you start to ask probing questions about the bandits, and he looks around nervously. It seems like he's afraid to talk about the subject, at least out in the open. However, you can't tell whether it's because he's working for the bandits and afraid that you'll find out or because he doesn't want to catch the attention of anyone who reports to them.

He turns his attention to Boruk, a look of relief on his face.

If you could track them down and do something to take care of the problem, Iíd be most grateful. And Iím sure that we could find some sort of reward for you. The nobles might even do so on their own. Maybe you guys could work together, seeing as how you work so well together.

As the captain sees the commotion around Lyzander, he excuses himself from Boruk and Rikoda and company and moves toward the group surrounding the reclusive ranger.

Our town thanks you, sir. We owe you and these others a debt of gratitude. I was just asking the others (he waves his hand at Rikoda and Boruk) to help us track down the bandits. Perhaps youíd like to join.

OOC:
I want to apologize for my neglect of this game of late. I donít really have a good excuse, just a bunch of little things that combined with my own tendency to procrastination and I let the games get away from me. Iím going to make a concerted effort to be more active henceforth. Again, Iím sorry.

wrath hammer
2008-03-20, 11:33 AM
Lyzander

As Lyzander see the guard coming at his direction he realizes that is in great trouble. But rather trying to arrest him, the captain thank him for helping, a very uncommon thing for Lyzander. Very confuse yet,and prepared to take any reaction, Lyzander listen to the captain asking for help to get rid of the bandits.
And seeing the oportunity to bring more justice through his blade. Lyzander tells the captain(for the first time in this game):
Fine, I will help.

OOC:
I'm very glad that we came back playing, is very hard to find a such competent DM.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-20, 12:01 PM
Rikoda

Rikoda eyes the cheif warily but decides it best not to poke too much further.

He stares at Boruk and Lyzander and introduces himself.

"Well gentleman, if the bounty is good lets get this little excursion underway yes? I believe the captain said we should concentrate on the southern homes, so shall we stake out thier first?"

OOC
Im glad this thread is back, I love my waterbender, I hope the other players find this thread okay though.

jagadaishio
2008-03-22, 12:35 PM
Aki

"Well, I could always use a bit of extra money," says Aki, returning from her walk to try to find anyone else she could help. "I'm ready to go as soon as I get a chance to change out of these clothes into some armour."

Copacetic
2008-03-23, 04:52 PM
Boruk

Agreed. I think we could all use some extra cash and these bandits will supply it. Also, I may have a little staking out one of those sourthern homes, as I have been invted to work as a bodguard of sorts there. You should come along and help.

Mephibosheth
2008-03-24, 10:25 AM
The newly-assembled party makes its way south and west through the town, discussing and laying plans as they go. After about a 20 minute walk, you arrive on the outskirts of town. It is early evening and, although there are still people out in the streets, you notice that the town is quieter and far less crowded here. If you look carefully, you notice that the people still out of doors seem wary and frightened, their eyes darting around and their movements furtive.

After another 10 minutes of walking, you leave the town itself and find yourselves on a wide dirt road that leads through a country dominated by small hills and grassy fields. The landscape is dominated by a large estate surrounded by a stone wall high enough to entirely obscure everything beyond it from view. The wall is marked by a large stone gate that is carved with an elaborate and slightly fanciful badger-mole symbol. Boruk, you can remember seeing a similar symbol on the lid of a wooden coffer owned by the nobleman who offered you a job.

OOC:
Aw, you think I'm a competent DM! Shucks :smallredface:.

Copacetic
2008-03-24, 04:58 PM
Boruk

Boruk holds up hs large and scarred hands to stop conversation before knocking twice on the door. He then turns to address the rest of the group Remember, He only expects to see me. If he sees a large group of threatening people knocking on hs door he might get the wrong impression. So smile and look happy.

wrath hammer
2008-03-25, 09:58 AM
Lyzander

Not accostumed with pleasantlies, Lyzander cross his arms grunting.
But he will play the role.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-25, 12:35 PM
Rikoda nods and puts on a calm expression.

"If the coins chime, in these times you never who to trust."

Mephibosheth
2008-03-25, 02:36 PM
Boruk grabs the ornate metal knocker on the door and knocks heavily several times. After a few moments, a small window at about eye level opens, and you see a pair of brown eyes looking out underneath bushy eyebrows and a furrowed brow.

What do you want? Weíre not accepting visitors right now.

Copacetic
2008-03-25, 04:11 PM
I was asked to meet with the head of this house for a job offer. Forgive me if I have come at a unfortuneate time.

Mephibosheth
2008-03-26, 08:46 AM
The guard frowns and looks over Boruk's head at the group assembled behind him.

The master isn't seeing anyone until tomorrow, so I'm afraid you'll have to come back.

However, while the guard is talking, you hear a faint voice calling from inside the compound.

Who's at the door?

The guard backs away from the window (closing it as he does so) and you can hear the sounds of a low conversation, though nothing specific is discernable. After only a few moments, the window opens and a new set of eyes appear, glance at the group, and disappear. Moments later, the door opens a crack. The guard stands in the open doorway and beckons Boruk forward.

It seems the master was impressed by your actions this afternoon in the square. I have been instructed to let you in and allow you to stay in the guard barracks for the evening. Your friends too, apparently.

Copacetic
2008-03-26, 03:28 PM
Boruk

Boruk swings himself onto the Ostrich Horse and spurs it inside the compound, waiting for the guard to show him where to stay.

wrath hammer
2008-03-27, 12:51 PM
Lyzander

Lyzander enters the estate, following Boruk, probing every corner searching for any kind of thing that can be used against him, like ornamental weapons, or how the guards and the staff face them and also for possible escape points if the necessity prove itself necessary.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-27, 01:52 PM
Rikoda follows the others in

jagadaishio
2008-03-27, 09:59 PM
Aki

Aki strolls into the compound with the others, looking around for any tactically or aesthetically important details on the grounds and building.

[roll0]

Mephibosheth
2008-03-27, 11:18 PM
Entering through the outer wall (which appears to be about 5 feet thick and approximately 20 feet tall) you see a large yard and garden surrounding the manor house. The house itself is two stories tall with the green tiled roof, upturned eves, and solid stone construction common among Earth Kingdom homes.

The yard and garden are extremely well-kept and relatively expansive, separating the house itself from the wall by at least 150 feet. They consist of areas of open grass separated by paths and short (approximately waist-high), immaculately-trimmed hedges. There is also a garden of flowers and exotic plants directly adjacent to and surrounding the manor house.

Looking back, you can see that, while the wall does not have a rampart or battlement to allow guards to defend it directly, wooden and stone towers have been erected in all four corners and at intervals along the wallís length, allowing some degree of defense. These towers are approximately 4 feet shorter than the wall itself and have clearly been hastily (and recently) constructed. You can see at least one guard in each tower.

The door through which you entered faces north toward the village. Along the western wall there is a long, low building to which the door guard has directed you. This building contains a long room full of bunks (on which about 10 guards are sleeping or lounging) and a second room with long wooden tables where another 10 guards are conversing, eating, drinking, playing a number of games, and generally relaxing. In the far western wall of this common room you can see what appears to be the frame for a postern, though only plain stone exists between the edges of the door frame. The common room also contains a rack of short spears, and several of the guards carry weapons (mostly hammers but a few swords and knives), but you see know ornamental or decorative weaponry. The barracks is very utilitarian and un-embellished.

The guard, having escorted you to the barracks, says,

You can stay here tonight. The master is conducting interviews tomorrow afternoon. Thereís noodles cooking over there. Help yourself.

Copacetic
2008-03-28, 07:50 AM
Boruk

Boruk helps himself too some noodles and unpacks his gear before tyng his Ostrich-Horse outside and sitting amoungst the guards. So, Who here is the captain?

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-28, 09:11 AM
Rikoda

Rikoda sits amongst the gaurds and asks if there is any tea. He tunes his Sammisen and begins to idly play.

perform check

[roll0]

Mephibosheth
2008-03-28, 11:02 AM
The guards lounging around the common room look up as you walk in, but quickly return to their games and conversations. Rikoda finds a tea pot kept warm by a small fire next to the pot of noodles and pours himself a mug. The tea turns out to be a dark, heavy tea sweetened with a variety of spices and softened with milk. It's delicious.

As the sound of Rikoda's sammisen begins to drift throughout the room, Boruk strikes up a conversation with one of the guards.

The captain's name is Da Wei Qing. He's been with Fu Heng, the owner of the mansion, for years. He doesn't often come to the barracks though. At least, not unless he needs to.

wrath hammer
2008-03-28, 11:52 AM
Lyzander

Having nothing to do, Lyzander starts to walk around the compound so he can have some minutes of loneliness, so he can reflex and also appraise some points that he would be able to escape, in the case of this "master" reveals himself to be more deceptive than he looks.

[roll0]

jagadaishio
2008-03-28, 03:45 PM
Aki

The music drifting throughout the room gets Aki's foot tapping. She starts idly dancing around the room, accompanying Rikoda's music.

Taking 10 for a result of 20.

Imbasel
2008-03-29, 09:42 AM
Quin enters the barracks, and grins, seeing lots of people to talk to. He walks over to a table where some guards are eating, and saysHi, my name is Quin, how are you doing? Quin say's this joyfully just happy to be there with other people.

Mephibosheth
2008-03-31, 09:02 AM
You wile away the evening, chatting with the guards, listening to music, and relaxing. From your conversations with the guards you've learned that Fu Heng's estate has been attacked by bandits once (the bandits were repulsed by the guards) and that several nearby estates have also been targeted with varying degrees of success. Apparently Fu Heng has been growing more and more paranoid by the day, hence the hiring of more guards.

As time passes and the lights in the house begin to go out, more and more guards drift into the adjacent room to rest. Those unlucky few who have drawn nighttime sentry duty head to their posts on the guard towers and at the gates to the compound. Feeling tired yourselves (it has been a long day after all), you move into the bunk room and throw yourselves down on the bunks, looking forward to catching up on a bit of rest.

In the middle of the night, you're jerked violently awake by the rushing of feet and shouts of men passing your bed. Guards grab spears from weapon racks and tie on helmets, rushing out in the direction of the main gate.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-03-31, 11:26 AM
Rikoda

Rikoda throws on his armor, straps on water bladders, and sheathes his spear running with gaurds.

[COLOR=Teal]Whats going on?[COLOR]

jagadaishio
2008-03-31, 01:43 PM
Aki

Groggy, Aki leaps out of bed, pulls on her leather armor, and runs after the guards in order to see what's happening.

Imbasel
2008-04-01, 05:55 AM
Quin

Quin jumps out of bed, and grabs his staff ready to see what the disturbance is. Over the peopel milling about he saysWhat's happening?

Copacetic
2008-04-01, 08:01 AM
Boruk

Boruk instantly wakes up and grabs his armor and lance before headng outside to find his OStrich-Horse.

wrath hammer
2008-04-01, 07:46 PM
Lyzander

Quickly waking up, Lyzander put his cap back and sheathes his blade (he always sleeps dressed up and with his scimitar under his arm so he can draw it easily, if needed).
As he sees the guards rushing, he follow the flow and rushes towards the gate.

Mephibosheth
2008-04-02, 10:08 AM
From the cries of fighting men, the clanging of weapons, and the twang of bowstrings, it becomes apparent to you that some group of bandits has attacked the main gate of the compound. From what you pick up from passing guards, it looks like a group of bandits tried to sneak up to the gate with explosives, but were spotted and shot down before they could reach. Seeing the failure of their explosive plot (one of the guards used Earthbending to remove the explosives as a factor in the battle) the rest of the gang then began to attack the gate with ladders and grappling hooks.

You throw on your armor, grab your weapons, and run out of the bunk room toward the fighting, ready to lend a hand in repulsing the bandits and eager for your chance to take a hostage or track the bandits back to their hideout.

Lyzander & Rikoda:
As you make your way through the mess hall, you hear a strange crunching sound from outside the postern gate in the wall of the barracks.

OOC:
From here on out weíll be on initiative. You can make it to the main gate in one turns if you run, and Iíll give you more detail from there.

Initiative Order: Lyzander (24), Boruk (17), Aki (12), Quintin (11), Rikoda (10)

jagadaishio
2008-04-02, 01:49 PM
Aki

Aki runs to the main gate and looks to see if the ladders are made of nice, flammable wood, and if the gate is made of metal or a material more susceptible to flame.

wrath hammer
2008-04-02, 08:28 PM
Lyzander

Lyzander hears the strange noise from outside, and keeps running, now alongside Rikoda and take him by his arm and says:
"That noise, Waterbender, can you hear it?"

While he also tries to discern what kind of noise is this.
[roll0]

Mephibosheth
2008-04-03, 09:38 AM
Lyzander:
As you take a moment to listen harder to the noise, you can hear what sounds like the grinding of rock on rock and the shifting around of large quantities of earth. After a moment, the movement ceases, and you can hear a very soft scratching on the other side of the door.

Aki:
The ladders are indeed made of wood. The main gate is made of stone slightly thinner than the outer wall and balanced on well-made hinges.

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-04-03, 11:29 AM
Rikoda

Hearing the noise as well, Rikoda nods in response. Carefully he whispers to Lyzander.

"What is that?"

Rikoda gets into a ready bending position, hand on his bladders cork.

jagadaishio
2008-04-03, 01:08 PM
Aki

Aki makes a quick punch and a jet of fire bursts from her closed fist, flying in the direction of the middle part of a ladder, aiming through the gate and hoping to make it fold backwards on itself at its soon-to-be-broken middle.

Taking 10 on the firebending check, using the "full damage to objects" application of explosion.
[roll0] (+1 if Aki can get within 30 feet of a ladder) (Just trying to hit the ladder, not a person)
[roll1] (+1 if Aki can get within 30 feet of a ladder)

wrath hammer
2008-04-04, 11:51 PM
Lyzander

Yet very uncertain of what could be, and no wanting it to be what he is thinking, Lyzander rushes to the tower, so he can see what on the other side

Imbasel
2008-04-05, 04:22 PM
Quin, takes out his glider and takes to the skies to get a better look at his surroundings.

Copacetic
2008-04-09, 03:41 PM
Boruk
Boruk runs to the front gate, eager to prove to the guards that he could be trusted in battle.

Mephibosheth
2008-04-09, 10:45 PM
Map

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/Mephibosheth85/The%20Fall%20of%20Chin%20-%20Group%202/Combat2-Map1.png

OOC:
This is the map that (hopefully) shows your current positions. If you want me to adjust anything, let me know.

The wall is 20 feet tall, with a 5-foot walkway along the top. If you need any additional information, let me know.

jagadaishio
2008-04-10, 02:16 PM
OOC:
That looks about right. I'm just waiting now on how well knocking the ladder down worked before I move on to Aki's next action.

wrath hammer
2008-04-10, 08:17 PM
For me, I just want to know what thing was doing the crunching noise from the other side of the gate

Mephibosheth
2008-04-14, 09:52 AM
OOC:

As all of you know, my participation in this campaign has been less than ideal of late. I thought that things in my life would slow down enough to allow me to continue to run the campaign, but this hasnít happened. I just donít have enough time to devote the attention to this campaign that it deserves, especially given the time-intensive nature of all of the behind-the-scenes work of DMíing. With this in mind, and with sincere regrets, Iím going to have to back out.

Iíve enjoyed the campaign immensely, and itís been quite useful for tweaking and evaluating the Avatar d20 system. Iím sorry to have to end the campaign, but it deserves more attention than I can devote. I hope that you too have enjoyed what little gaming weíve been able to do.

Again, Iím sorry for having to back out.

Mephibosheth

Goats_o_Mjolnir
2008-04-14, 02:21 PM
It happens to the best and brightest, it was fun, if you ever DM another, slide me a pm Meph:smallbiggrin:

~Goats

jagadaishio
2008-04-14, 07:10 PM
Do drop me a PM as well if you get another game going. Also, if it isn't too much trouble, could you tell us where you had planned on taking this campaign?

Mephibosheth
2008-04-14, 08:32 PM
I had a couple of different ideas. I was going to base it largely off your characters' desires/motivations. The most fully-formed idea was for your characters to get involved in the peasant revolt that follows the fall of Chin the Great (discussed in one of the Avatar video games). Apparently, the Earth King was severely threatened by a revolt that aimed to overthrow him, so he asked Avatar Kyoshi to intervene. Kyoshi refused to intervene directly, but offered a compromise whereby the Earth King would grant the people increased access and influence in the government and Kyoshi would create an elite force of Earthbender (who became the Dai Li) to safeguard the Earth King and Ba Sing Se's cultural heritage. I was planning vaguely on having you get involved in that on one side or the other.

wrath hammer
2008-04-15, 10:16 PM
What a pity!!:smallfrown:

It was a really great campaign.
As I said before you were one the most competent DM's that I've ever seen.
But, I desire the best to you in your new marriage (You recently married, didn't you?)
I was going to ask you for some help in how to build battle grids, like the ones that you've made, I'm giving a shot as a DM, and trying to form a group. If you tell how you made it, I would be very grateful.

Until the next time.