PDA

View Full Version : Deathstroke vs. Alucard

GoC
2008-02-14, 02:47 PM
Three scenarios for this fight:

1. Deathstroke has been hired to destroy Alucard and kill Integra Hellsing. He is told their names and is given a time limit of two months to finish the job. Can he kill either? Or will he be brutaly murdered by Alucard?

2. As above but this time Integra and Alucard are aware that someone has been hired to kill her and Dracula.

3. Both Alucard and Deathstroke are teleported to an indestructable 100ft wide cage with whatever equipment they normaly carry.

Note: If Alucard cannot be permanently killed then temporarily disabled will do.

Lizard
2008-02-14, 04:20 PM
Enchanced human with few nice gadgets against nigh-immortal vampiric demi-god? Deathstroke gets horribly owned in every scenario.

SurlySeraph
2008-02-14, 04:33 PM
Deathstroke could probably snipe Integra and take her out from a distance, even if she was prepared.

But killing Alucard kinda doesn't work. Hell, an army of Nazi vampire werewolves only defeated Alucard by tricking him into removing himself from existence. If Deathstroke had anti-regeneration weapons he'd have a chance, but not a good chance. Alucard beats everything short of Superman.

Guts
2008-02-14, 04:37 PM
Agrees with the above post. Would Alucard's sex bream work on Deathstroke though?

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-14, 05:08 PM
The first scenario Deathstroke can successfully complete his mission IF he goes after Integra first. If not then he is in for a rude awakening when Alucard regenerates and shoots him.

The second scenario takes much much more work because Alucard will be actively hunting him and Integra is not exactly a slouch in a fight. Still possible but highly unlikely.

....Third scenario...Deathstroke dies. Simple as that. Your simply choosing how he dies. From what I know of Deathstroke he's a...modified human with gadgets. Unless he somehow falls under the whole 'human' category in the 'beast, monster, human' thing Alucard isn't going to wait before blowing his head off. Or push come to shove eating him.

Alucard DOES beat everything short of Superman...and maybe Superman too (Alucard DOES have superman syndrome after all...and even though I'm a Hellsing fanboy I can admit that). Anderson vs. Deathstroke would probably be a better match-up.

GoC
2008-02-14, 05:43 PM
Looks like I underestimated Alucard...
How strong and fast is he?

Deathstroke can pull off a few tricks like instead of fighting he just plants a bomb in Integra's car. Or takes a rocket launcher to a gunfight.

Rutee
2008-02-14, 05:48 PM
I genuinely have no idea how well some of those tricks would work (I mean, planting a bomb should work, but he /does/ have to sneak into the Hellsing Organization building to do it), but I'm pretty sure Deathstroke doesn't have access to Alucard-killers. Is he good friends with say, a Priest who knows wtf he's doing in fighting supernaturals?

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-14, 05:54 PM
Looks like I underestimated Alucard...
How strong and fast is he?

Deathstroke can pull off a few tricks like instead of fighting he just plants a bomb in Integra's car. Or takes a rocket launcher to a gunfight.

Like I said, Deathstroke is far better off simply going after Integra then even attempting to kill Alucard. Alucard is strong and fast (or maybe he just teleports/phases through things alot,). At least strong enough to cut a FREAK vampire's arm in half....lengthwise...with his hand.

And I wouldn't underestimate the Jackal. Any handgun that REQUIRES superhuman strength/durability to even fire is a serious threat...especially since Alucard is a crack shot if he's taking his time.

Poison_Fish
2008-02-14, 06:04 PM
Not to mention his numerous demonic like powers. So far, I don't think Alucard can just be "killed" per say.

Even Anderson borders on the edge of crazy.

Tengu
2008-02-14, 07:58 PM
I think there's no contest here.

And, on a side note, I wonder does anyone else believes that power can be a character's demise, because if a character is too powerful they stop being cool? The line that measures it is relative and varies from 'verse to 'verse, but Alucard has definitely crossed it in my book.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-14, 08:04 PM
I think there's no contest here.

And, on a side note, I wonder does anyone else believes that power can be a character's demise, because if a character is too powerful they stop being cool? The line that measures it is relative and varies from 'verse to 'verse, but Alucard has definitely crossed it in my book.

Depends on how they are portrayed. Usually I can't stand the 'OMGWTFBBQ' type of invincible that Alucard is, but how he acts, his personality, and whatnot make me consider him a better 'OMGWTFBBQ' character then other ones. I keep reading the manga because I can't wait to see how they'll try to kill him next and to see if it actually works.

...................And so help me God, if one of you reveals what happens after Anderson stabs the Nail into his heart, your misery and pain will be eternal. *Only reads the actual manga books and not scans*

Ominous
2008-02-14, 08:25 PM
Are we talking about the Alucard from Castlevania or the Alucard from the anime/manga Hellsing? If it's the anime, deathstroke has no chance. Alucard is more like a shapechanging demon than a vampire. You can blow him to pieces and he just reforms. I'd link a video demonstrating his power, but it's very gory and I'm not sure the rules would allow it. Thus, if you really want to see what he can do, go to youtube and search for "luke vs alucard".

Wikipedia has a nice list of Alucard's powers:

Immortality (which may or may not be connected with how many souls he has absorbed)
Regeneration: Alucard's ability to regenerate is considerably greater than any other vampire's, and may be due to the Hellsing family's experimentation. He has regenerated from a pool of blood and from being blown to shreds by gunfire.
Superhuman senses
Incredible accuracy: Alucard has been known to hit targets at great range using handguns while looking the other way)
Superhuman strength: extent is unknown, but Alucard can physically rip humans apart with ease.[1]
Superhuman speed: He can move faster than can be seen.[1]
Intangibility: The ability to pass through solid objects.[2]
Invisibility: He seems to turn invisible for a moment when fighting Incognito in the anime.
The ability to defy gravity to an uncertain limit.[3] He is also seen leaping impossible distances and can run up walls.
Manipulation of shadows into physical form (although vampires controlling shadows isn't unheard of, the artwork sometimes makes it difficult to distinguish between blood and shadows)
The ability to summon familiars, including a giant, amorphous hellhound (which Walter calls "Baskerville"), and other creatures such as bats and insects
Shapeshifting: Alucard can transform himself or parts of himself into bats, insects, snakes, hellhounds, a little girl,[4] an amorphous mass of darkness, and many other forms
The ability to control the weather to an unknown limit, as demonstrated by the fog created when he returned to London aboard the H.M.S Eagle.
Teleportation
Telekinesis: Alucard is able to lift a FREAK chip and was able to load the Jackal and pull its slide mentally. The exact weight of these things is unknown, but Alucard is never seen using telekinesis to move anything heavier than a human being.)
Telepathy: in the anime, Alucard can speak telepathically to anyone he chooses, but in the manga, his telepathy is limited to his fledgling.
Mind reading: in the television series, Alucard can read the mind of anyone he chooses, but in the manga, he can only read the minds of the people whose souls he has absorbed)
Mind Control or Hypnosis (fans sometimes call it the "sex beam" after a remark from Pip)[5]
The ability to suck a person's blood and absorb their soul and, consequently, their knowledge and memories. (He learns more about Millennium after absorbing Tubalcain)
Summoning familiars, the souls of those whose blood he has sucked in a variety of forms that either sprout from his body or swarm about him as an army numbering in the thousands (these familiars can also include animals such as horses but Alucard can only use this ability when control art restriction system level zero is released. It is suggested that this ability leaves him relatively vulnerable, as it releases the lives of others that he uses to sustain himself)
The ability to absorb blood through his clothes and skin, as he does with Luke Valentine's blood after his hellhound had eaten Luke's body.
The ability to create vampire servants (it is possible that Alucard is no longer able to create ghouls, perhaps due to the Hellsing family's experiments with him)
The ability to hibernate (Alucard was able to survive for twenty years without blood, but was able to fight at his usual level of strength after drinking no more than a mouthful of Integra's)
Apparent immunity or great resistance to the weaknesses most vampires possess

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-14, 08:43 PM
Wikipedia has a nice list of Alucard's powers:

Immortality (which may or may not be connected with how many souls he has absorbed)
Regeneration: Alucard's ability to regenerate is considerably greater than any other vampire's, and may be due to the Hellsing family's experimentation. He has regenerated from a pool of blood and from being blown to shreds by gunfire.
Superhuman senses
Incredible accuracy: Alucard has been known to hit targets at great range using handguns while looking the other way)
Superhuman strength: extent is unknown, but Alucard can physically rip humans apart with ease.[1]
Superhuman speed: He can move faster than can be seen.[1]
Intangibility: The ability to pass through solid objects.[2]
Invisibility: He seems to turn invisible for a moment when fighting Incognito in the anime.
The ability to defy gravity to an uncertain limit.[3] He is also seen leaping impossible distances and can run up walls.
Manipulation of shadows into physical form (although vampires controlling shadows isn't unheard of, the artwork sometimes makes it difficult to distinguish between blood and shadows)
The ability to summon familiars, including a giant, amorphous hellhound (which Walter calls "Baskerville"), and other creatures such as bats and insects
Shapeshifting: Alucard can transform himself or parts of himself into bats, insects, snakes, hellhounds, a little girl,[4] an amorphous mass of darkness, and many other forms
The ability to control the weather to an unknown limit, as demonstrated by the fog created when he returned to London aboard the H.M.S Eagle.
Teleportation
Telekinesis: Alucard is able to lift a FREAK chip and was able to load the Jackal and pull its slide mentally. The exact weight of these things is unknown, but Alucard is never seen using telekinesis to move anything heavier than a human being.)
Telepathy: in the anime, Alucard can speak telepathically to anyone he chooses, but in the manga, his telepathy is limited to his fledgling.
Mind reading: in the television series, Alucard can read the mind of anyone he chooses, but in the manga, he can only read the minds of the people whose souls he has absorbed)
Mind Control or Hypnosis (fans sometimes call it the "sex beam" after a remark from Pip)[5]
The ability to suck a person's blood and absorb their soul and, consequently, their knowledge and memories. (He learns more about Millennium after absorbing Tubalcain)
Summoning familiars, the souls of those whose blood he has sucked in a variety of forms that either sprout from his body or swarm about him as an army numbering in the thousands (these familiars can also include animals such as horses but Alucard can only use this ability when control art restriction system level zero is released. It is suggested that this ability leaves him relatively vulnerable, as it releases the lives of others that he uses to sustain himself)
The ability to absorb blood through his clothes and skin, as he does with Luke Valentine's blood after his hellhound had eaten Luke's body.
The ability to create vampire servants (it is possible that Alucard is no longer able to create ghouls, perhaps due to the Hellsing family's experiments with him)
The ability to hibernate (Alucard was able to survive for twenty years without blood, but was able to fight at his usual level of strength after drinking no more than a mouthful of Integra's)
Apparent immunity or great resistance to the weaknesses most vampires possess

They mean Hellsing Alucard. I really wouldn't include anything in the manga after the Valentine brothers though since they deviated from the manga greatly and I don't believe the anime after that point is considered canon.

Most of that still works though.

GoC
2008-02-14, 08:54 PM
Deathstroke can also rip a person in half so they're not that removed in terms of strength. Deathstroke's regen should allow him to take a few bullets.

How was Alucard defeated originaly?

EvilElitest
2008-02-14, 08:57 PM
They mean Hellsing Alucard. I really wouldn't include anything in the manga after the Valentine brothers though since they deviated from the manga greatly and I don't believe the anime after that point is considered canon.

Most of that still works though.

wait, didn't the manga come first? I've never heard of that happening before
from
EE

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-14, 09:00 PM
wait, didn't the manga come first? I've never heard of that happening before
from
EE

...That was a severe typo on my behalf. I meant not to trust the anime after a certain point. My mistake.

Also was it a work of effort for Deathstroke because for Alucard it was damn easy to do. They never established an upper limit on Alucard's physical strength.

As for how he was defeated by Abrham Van Hellsing...nobody knows. Something happened. He wasn't as immune back then as he is now since a stake was still a valid tactic against him. Or do you mean in the present time-frame of the manga how was he beaten? I have no idea...and I don't want to know either.

Twin2
2008-02-14, 09:04 PM
Just read how they seemingly got rid of him in the manga and good god he must have been twinked out to have to be beaten by a

quantum mechanics paradox

Guts
2008-02-14, 09:05 PM
To my knowledge it was never revealed how exactly Van Helsing beat Alucard, though Al does proclaim only humans can kill monsters and I think the Hellsing family conducted experiments to increase his power. He was recently defeated in the manga by drinking the blood of a catboy who was the embodiment of the idea of Schoedinger's cat and as such became a paradox that could not exist. Anyways even if the Deathstroke dude equals Alucard in strength, Al pwns him with all his others powers as shown the quoted wiki article. He'd probably sit back and let his opponent waste ammo and get bored trying to keep him as a pool of blood before going in for the kill.

EvilElitest
2008-02-14, 09:06 PM
...That was a severe typo on my behalf. I meant not to trust the anime after a certain point. My mistake.

Oh ok, np

Isn't their an OVA that is more accurate?

As for how he was defeated by Abrham Van Hellsing...nobody knows. Something happened. He wasn't as immune back then as he is now since a stake was still a valid tactic against him. Or do you mean in the present time-frame of the manga how was he beaten? I have no idea...and I don't want to know either.

Why don't i want to know

I've never seen much of the series, but from what i can tell Alucard seems to be a bit of psychopath. Does he get any more interesting?
from
EE

Callos_DeTerran
2008-02-14, 09:12 PM
Oh ok, np

Isn't their an OVA that is more accurate?

Not sure. I've only seen the first OVA but so far it follows the manga much more closely and is supposed to keep following it since Hellsing is slated to end at the...I think the tenth or thirteenth manga.

I've never seen much of the series, but from what i can tell Alucard seems to be a bit of psychopath. Does he get any more interesting?
from
EE

You get some more insights into WHY Alucard is the way he is and some explanation for it (which makes him more interesting in my opinion) not to mention a display of emotion other then utter bloodlust or boredom. It supposed to spotlight more on the character changes with Seras and Integra anyway then on Alucard (or at least how I see it). So yeah, I guess so.

Guts
2008-02-14, 09:18 PM
Yeah the OVA follows the manga's story pretty closely. Kinda a weird dont you think, that after obsessing over defeating Al for over 50 years, the major realized that he could not be beaten in a physical fight and as such poisoned what Al uses to sustain himself (souls).

Steven the Lich
2008-02-14, 09:44 PM
The scale tips in Alucards favor. I've only seen MVs of the show, and that alone is enough. The eye can unleash his powers and cause vast death and madness for his enemies (As how I percieve it, with all those eyes that grow on him).
Demigod wins out. As for the girl... I doubt she can be easily taken out. She has to be paranoid, and would not let her guard down. (Surely it happens after a few near death encounters with undead and a finatical paladin who kills living guys associating with dead guys)
Deathstroke definitely can't defeat Alucard. He flat out loses the 3rd, and he needs to kill Hellsings descendent to complete the first, and he would most likely fail the second miserably since they are alerted to his presence.

Lizard
2008-02-14, 10:34 PM
Thus, if you really want to see what he can do, go to youtube and search for "luke vs alucard".

Actually that video shows quite accurately how would Deadstroke vs. Alucard fight go, if Deathstroke would be dumb enough to attack him straighforwardly. Luke Valentine is about the same (or probably even greater) level of physical skills: he has unnatural strenght, speed (he was able to dodge every bullet from a rapid fire in narrow corridor) and durability (he was unaffected by a headshot from point blank range), and yet he had no chance against Alucard...

?

I enjoyed it. It is a bit different from most of series of this kind, becouse the (pretty much) most powerful BBEG in the whole world, actually fight on the good guys side. It has interesting characters ( Alucard himself gradualy develops from 1d "buhahaha I am psycho overpowered vampire, through 2d "hur jur I am psycho overpowered vampire who seeks and enjoys worthy oponent" to an actual developed, and "deep" character (only in manga, and OVAs (if they are that far) in actual anime alucard stays in his 2d form). And most importantly it is wondrously over-the-top. I mean it has zombies, psychopatic priests with infinite amounts of knives, nazi werewolf vampires, a minor villian who is based on quantum physic paradox and is a catboy,
Nazi vampires invading London, while fighting with secret Vatican army of crusarders, which is invading london too, becouse they want kill vampires and purge "anglican heretic dogsand many more.