PDA

View Full Version : =][=t Takes a Cabal...



Verruckt
2008-02-16, 03:03 AM
You are aboard the Imperial cruiser "Fires of Damnation" en route to a hive world
called Acheron III. Your quarters are the cramped no-nonsense affairs one would expect in a ship of the line, deep in the bowels of the craft, and near enough to the warp drives for their constant thrumming to be routine.

You know nothing of your objectives, or even your fellow acolytes, simply that Lord Romanov demands perfection of you, and that is enough.

Upon boarding, one of the bridge crew gave you each an identical data-slate containing a simple communique from one of Lord Romanov's retinue explaining your situation:


==== ====
=== ===
================================================== ======================
================/IN NAME OF THE IMMORTAL EMPEROR\================
=========/AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF HIS MOST HOLY INQUISITION\=========

FELLOW SERVANTS OF THE EMPEROR, IT IS TRULY A JOY TO WELCOME YOU INTO THE FOLD OF THOSE WHO WOULD WALK THE TRUE PATH, AND THOSE WHO HAVE THE STRENGTH TO PURGE ANY WHO STRAY FROM IT. AS YOU CONTINUE ON THIS JOURNEY YOU MAY FACE MANY ADVERSARIES, BUT DO NOT FALTER, FOR WHILE HIS LIGHT IS UPON YOU THERE CAN BE NO DEFEAT, ONLY GLORY.

BUT I DIGRESS, (AS I MUST ADMIT IS MY HABIT) YOUR DESTINATION IS ACHERON III, A HIVE WORLD ORBITING THE BLUE GIANT STAR THAT IS ITS NAMESAKE. YOU ARE ACCOMPANIED BY FELLOW ACOLYTES, WORRY NOT ABOUT THEM, OUR LORD HELENA HAS FOUND THEM ACCEPTABLE, AND INDEED THERE IS LITTLE HIGHER PRAISE. THE NAVY HAS BEEN GRACIOUS ENOUGH TO GRANT YOU PASSAGE TO YOUR DESTINATION AND THE CREW HAS BEEN INSTRUCTED TO EXTEND YOU EVERY COURTESY. FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN VIA ASTROPATHIC TRANSMISSION AS SOON AS YOU REACH REALSPACE NEAR ACHERON III. IN THE MEANTIME, ACQUAINT YOURSELF WITH YOUR FELLOW ACOLYTES, AS IN THE COMING YEARS THEY WILL GROW TO BE YOUR BROTHERS, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO CLOSER ALLY AND FRIEND SAVE THE EMPEROR.

UNTIL WE MEET FACE TO FACE, I BID YOU SAFE TRAVEL, THAT HIS BLESSINGS RAIN UPON YOU, AND THAT YOU WOULD BECOME THE INSTRUMENTS OF HIS WRATH.

YOUR BROTHER IN ARMS AND SERVITUDE


=][= Gabriel Joyues =][=





As you wake from a fitful night of sleep, you realize what lays ahead, what do you do now?

Voth
2008-02-16, 01:33 PM
Victor

Waking up from his deep slumber, Victor climbs out of his bed, looking about the room. Still in warp transit I see... well I won't be going back to sleep anytime soon so I best see what I find about this ship. With that Victor picks up his belongings and after muttering a brief prayer to the God-Emperor, He walks out of his cabin.

Hoggmaster
2008-02-17, 10:13 AM
Another great day in the service of the emperor. Lazarus says to himself as he gives the sign of the aquila. After reading the the data-slate over a mug of steaming caffiene, Lazarus head out to explore the ship and find his fellow acolytes.

Verruckt
2008-02-17, 09:52 PM
As you emerge from your cabins you find yourselves in a narrow corridor lined with the hatches to the other cabins. There was probably a door at each end of the corridor at some point, but the one to the aft seems to have been welded over, the durasteel patches plastered with yellowing purity seals. The bow-ward hatch is open, the silhouette of an ensign filling the opening. He begins walking towards the both of you with a purposeful, if obviously nervous gait.

Warpix
2008-02-18, 01:41 AM
Grim

Grim woke up, dazed, wishing he had put in more sleep. Rising, he quickly threw on his clothes and boots. He didn't have many possessions with him, in the corner was his backpack, with a gun strapped to each side. One a shotgun, some archaic weapon it seems, and the other, a Krieg pattern Lasgun, done with a wooden stock and black metal parts. I clip was already loaded into the Lasgun.

Grim muttered to himself, "It's too bloody early to be up...", he walked over to his backpack and threw it on, it was better to be prepared than not. He walked out of his cabin, not sure on what would happen, he hadn't worked for the Imperium before, but he did know that service was an indefinate amount of time if not life and in the case of some, even longer.

Voth
2008-02-18, 02:40 AM
Victor

"Might I inquire where you are headed to ensign?" Victor asks as he approaches the ensign.

Verruckt
2008-02-18, 04:13 AM
The ensign seems startled that you would speak directly to him staring at the ground he stutters "...er...I was coming here to give you this?" Quivering as though he fears his action will see him burned at the stake he proffers a sheet of vellum and, as soon as he thinks you distracted, makes to scurry off up the corridor and well away from any part of the Inquisition.

The vellum is in fact a list of services available aboard the ship, ranging from the location of the mess hall to an understrength penal legion element for use as target practice on the ships firing ranges. another peice of interest is the information that, at the Inquisitor's behest, you have been granted access to the ships cogitators and dictation servitor for the purpose of research on your destination.

At the bottom of the sheet is a small map outlining the relevant directions, though no other parts of the craft.

Khaim
2008-02-18, 02:27 PM
Castis

Hearing some conversation outside his room, Castis pokes his head outside. Seeing Victor peering at the list, he steps outside. "Ah, you must be one of the other acolytes. I don't suppose you, er, have any ideas as to what our task is?"

After reading the sheet, Castis thinks research is probably the best use of my time here. I should be sure to spend some time on that.

Voth
2008-02-18, 02:30 PM
Victor

Chuckling, Victor replys "None what so ever, though I suppose if we do some research on our destination, we can make a guess. I am Victor by the way, Victor Schmidt." Victor holds out his hand.

Hoggmaster
2008-02-18, 04:15 PM
Lazarus

Upon seeing the two obvioulsy non-naval personel and probable fellow acolytes. May the light of the Emperor be upon you both. Giving the sign of the Aquila.

Voth
2008-02-18, 04:25 PM
Victor

"Greetings to you as well." Victor replies as he makes the sign on the Aquila. "Might I inquire your name?"

Warpix
2008-02-19, 02:35 AM
Grim

Looking at the vellum, Grim's stomach growled, it's been a while since he had a good meal.

"I don't know about you people, but I'm going to get some food, it seems to have been years since I've had a complete meal."

With that, Grim walked out of the prow side of the corridor, hoping to get some food, and maybe requisition some armor, the Inquisitor's letter seemed to have invited the Acolytes with open arms on her ship.

Verruckt
2008-02-19, 03:18 AM
you can tell from the letter head that this is not in fact Helena's ship, but a vessel that she requisitioned to transport you from an admiral who owed her a favor (not that she really needed the excuse). As for the armory, it is marked as adjacent to the firing ranges, one deck above the mess.

Rarkasha
2008-02-19, 04:11 AM
Hijal

Hijal didn't waste any time after waking up, and was already heading down to the mess hall when Grim came along. He looks over the man's dark tatoo and nods his head appreciatively, exposing a colorful, almost tribal kind of tatoo along his left arm.

"Nice tat, sure as sure. Looks like you found a needle-jockey who don't like to make people bleed, if you know what I mean. 'spensive, I bet. You 'eadin to the feed hall mate?"

Warpix
2008-02-19, 04:44 AM
Grim

As Grim walked to the mess hall, he was greeted by a stranger, yet he was a familiar sight, a ganger it looked like.

"Bleed? Don't mind it too much really, gone through most of my life with little protection other than my environment. I take it you're from a hive, eh? I'm from Port Maw, name's Grim. And I am headed to the mess hall, I think I may get a good meal for once, after that I'm headed to the armory, see if I can requisition myself some, I've got the weapons, but I need the protection, care to come along?"

They walked into the mess hall and Grim took the first food item he saw, it seemed to be meat, wasn't quite sure what it was, but it was warm, and that's all that Grim really needed.

"Though I did have to get a guy who was gentle with it, eye's a bit sensitive of a place to get a tat after all. What's the story behind yours?"

Hoggmaster
2008-02-19, 08:27 AM
Lazarus

I am Lazarus, emissary of his divine will. Now let us find the mess hall where we can break our fast in his name. Striding off towards the mess hall.

an kobold
2008-02-19, 09:38 AM
Zekka

Zekka awakes and checks her gear. Heading out the door with the intent of roaming the ship, she packs her revolver and sword. However, it's not long before long purposeful strides become smaller and timid and the feral is muttering in tribal about the ghosts amongst the stars. By chance she happens to look up and see the group heading towards the mess hall and cries out.

Oye! You the other 'colytes? Wait up!

After running to catch up, the girl introduces herself, giving the Aquila her two must noticeable qualities being her filed teeth and accent.

I call meself Zekka Thebe. May the Emperor's light guide us on this holy task. Where's you heading?

Voth
2008-02-19, 10:59 AM
Victor

"Greetings Zekka, I was on my way to study more about our destination, however it seems that our other companions wish to eat first. So, shall we join them in the mess?" Victor looks over Zekka once, trying to get a feel for her.

Obviously from a feral world, I wonder which... By the looks of her she can hold her own. Truly this is a strange assortment of people gathered by our Lord Inquisitor. May the God-Emperor guild us on this task.

With that last thought, Victor makes the sign of the Aquila. Waiting for a moment to see if there are any more stragglers, turns and follows.

an kobold
2008-02-19, 09:49 PM
Zekka

Eh, might as well go with 'em. Course we'll get ta the studyin' afterwards, but it's best we stay in groups while we's up here in the Warp.

The last two words the woman speaks are in a whisper, as if Zekka is afraid the ship itself will hear them. She then catches up to the rest with Victor.

psycojester
2008-02-19, 11:05 PM
Dariel lay on his bed, chanting the litanies of maintenance and purity while rubbing polish into the stock of his ancient arbite shotgun. With the spirit of his weapon properly placated he slipped into its sheath on his back and turned himself to the business of the day.

Stepping out of his chamber, Dariel spots a small group of people moving off down the corridor. As none of them seem to be wearing seem to be wearing naval uniform, he guesses these must be his fellow acolytes

Calling out for them to wait he begins to jog to catch up to the group. Making the sign of the Aquila as he draws closer Dariel introduces himself.

Dariel Tafth, Arbiter and acolyte to Inquisitor Romanov, it'll be a pleasure to serve with you in enacting the Emperors will

Voth
2008-02-19, 11:56 PM
Victor

Making the sign of the Aquila in response, Victor offers his hand. "Victor, Victor Schimdt. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Care to join us? We are all on our way to Mess."

psycojester
2008-02-20, 10:33 AM
Certainly Dariel fell into step beside Victor and cast a calculating glance at the pallid man. So what tasks will you be preforming in our glorious works, don't take it the wrong way, but you don't strike me as one of the Emperors soldiers.

Khaim
2008-02-20, 05:19 PM
Castis

Not all of us are here for our skill with weapons, it seems. I, for one, would like to leave the violence to those who are trained at it. I suspect that my job- and perhaps Victor's as well- will be investigation and planning. Castis pauses, realizing he is beginning to ramble. Er, that would be my understanding. I do not actually know any more than you.

Rarkasha
2008-02-21, 01:45 AM
Hijal

"Killed a guy. Copied his tat clean, you know, then striped it with this red bit here. You kin only see the pattern when you're real close, you know, and no ganger lets his tats get looked at like that. Shows who you've killed, sure as sure," he says, then brushing it off with a short burst of laughter.

"Oi, jus playin with you, mate. Looks nice, don it? Makes me look more mysterious, I think. But you always keep a line like that in your pocket, just in case. You look like a smart guy. No way you'd fall for that kinda tough-act, right?"

Warpix
2008-02-21, 02:03 AM
Grim

Grim grinned and snickered at Hijal's comment. Grim devoured everything left on his plate and poured his drink down his throat, it was warm, probably tea, not too sure though.

"Bloody right mate, well, I think I'm headed off to the armory, but before I do, I don't believe I caught your name."

Grim stood up, and will leave to the armory as soon as he got Hijal's name.

an kobold
2008-02-22, 12:51 AM
Zekka

Zekka laughs at the soft handed man's hopes for a lack of violence.

That's what you're spectin'? Anyone with tha hair you're sportin' is lucky ta live ta fifteen if they keep it back where I'm from. Violence is drawn ta the color, reminds it of blood. Shavin' it off would be best. But doncha worry, hair or no hair, Thebe's got ya back if heretics try something.

Verruckt
2008-02-26, 04:45 AM
For the uninitiated It takes some getting used to the unsettling effects of the exit from Empyrean travel, what with the split second of all the lights on the ship dimming ever so slightly and some shadows becoming disturbingly deep for the briefest of moments, almost as if the warp were trying to cling to the vessel as it falls back into real space.

The vox-hailer above the doors warbles a short shriek of interference before the voice of who you assume must be the captain fills the room, "We are in high orbit above Acheron III, our guests will be given a shuttle to their destination within the hour. Please report to the aft hanger as soon as is convenient."

Hoggmaster
2008-02-26, 06:56 AM
Lazarus

Having finished his meal of nutripaste, upon hearing the vox, We should make haste to the hangar. The Emperor's duty will not be accomplished upon this vessel.

Lazarus then returns to his cabin and retrieves his gear and proceedes to the hangar to board the shuttle.

psycojester
2008-02-26, 08:14 AM
Dariel stabbed at his food as if it had done him some terrible wrong in the past, rarely bothering to lift the fork to his mouth, he spent most of his time glancing at his fellow acolytes. Attempting to discern any potential malefactors through sheer force of will. As the vox sounds, he rises to his feet, drains the dregs of his caf in one long swallow and heads for his quarters.

Strapping on his flak vest over his uniform and clipping his badge to his vest, Dariel inspects himself in the mirror, gives a brief grunt of satisfaction and makes his way to the hanger.

Voth
2008-02-26, 10:14 AM
Victor

"And so it begins. Come. We are off to do the work of the Emperor." With that Victor picks up his things and makes his way to the hanger.

an kobold
2008-02-26, 12:08 PM
Zekka

Zekka is clearly relieved when the ship completely exits the Warp, relaxing for the first time since waking up.

Gotta get ma stuff, I'll see ya at the shuttle.

She heads back to her bunk, putting on her beast furs over her clothing and getting her various gear and belts situated. Finished, she heads toward the hangar, rifle slung over her shoulder.

Rarkasha
2008-02-28, 12:34 AM
Hijal

Hijal finishes his meal leisurely, taking his time to enjoy the food before gathering his belongings to make it just in time. All of his items seem rough or careworn, and for the most part, he seems to have just enough personal effects to fill a large bag.

He walks confidently into the hanger, grinning as usual, looking around in fascination at the area around him. Naturally, he seems much poorer than anyone should to be able to travel freely on this ship.

Warpix
2008-02-28, 12:51 AM
Grim

As they had left the warp, Grim felt a slight jerk, throwing him a little off balance, although he had lived on Port Maw, he had few opportunities to actually travel the warp. Grim having already finished his meal secured his backpack to himself and walked out of the mess hall.

He looked around himself as he entered the hanger, wondering if they were to descend in the comfort of an Aquila Lander, or be forced to the surface through drop pods, only time could tell.

Mephe
2008-02-28, 10:50 PM
Noting the drop from warp-space, Septimus said a quick prayer in thanks to the Omnisiah. Retrieving his dataslate, he shuffled to the lift, and descended in to the hangar of the Fires of Damnation.

Verruckt
2008-02-28, 11:46 PM
A drably lit hangar unfolds before you as the doors of the lift open. Aside from the fuel lines and bomb carts scattered about the floor two things catch your eye. One is a rust-red arvus lighter from which several tech adepts are disconnecting various houses and dousing the engines with sacred oils. The other is a techpriest who seems to be waiting expectantly for you, thick incense spilling from fluted pipes on his back.

Voth
2008-02-29, 12:04 AM
Victor

Looking around the hanger, Victor spies the awaiting Tech-Priest. Wasting no time, he walks over, a sense of purpose in his walk.

Hoggmaster
2008-02-29, 07:12 AM
Lazarus

Emperor, protect us in our descent, envelop us with the light of your divine power. Lazarus prays silently as he approaches the Arvus and its omnious caretaker.

Warpix
2008-02-29, 09:04 PM
Grim

Grim stared at the Avrus, only one though could rush through his head...
"I really hope this thing is capable of breaking atmo..."
Grim walked up to the techpriest standing before the acolytes.

"Grim reporting in, has any news of our mission reached your ears? I'm curious on what we will be doing on this world."

Rarkasha
2008-02-29, 09:13 PM
Hijal

Hijal does a friendly wave to Lazarus, saying, "Oi... it's just a landin mate, don't think we'll get blown up in the air... then again," he says, gesturing around the shuttle with the same hand," this ain't exactly a High Governor class vehicle either."

Verruckt
2008-02-29, 10:27 PM
The techpriest slides forward silently save for the whirring of the wheel assembly where his feet once were, an expression of what might be annoyance on what only the most generous would call a face. From somewhere underneath the mass of cable a monotone voice snakes forth. "Lady Romanov's Acolytes... took your time." he pauses for a hacking mechanical wheeze and continues, "She left those in my keeping, you can read them on the way down." he motions to a stack of data cards on a nearby tool chest before turning to his adepts, "Get it moving, i'll be taking them planet side in a few minutes." He glides to the cockpit of the Lighter and floats into his harness on waves of magnectric force. He begins making the Ritual of Takeoff and the Blessing of Proof Against the Void, apparently uncaring of whether he leaves some of you behind or not.

Mephe
2008-02-29, 11:30 PM
Septimus seated himself in the arvus in a position to better view the senior tech-priest.

"Is assistance required, superior?

Verruckt
2008-03-01, 01:46 AM
"Ah!" the techpriest brightens somewhat, "I did not realize the inquisitor had been so gracious as to invite another of our faith into her service." if he still had a mouth it would no doubt be turned in a small smile, for now, the wrinkles at the edges of two ancient, but organic, eyes are all that serve to give away his pleasure. "If you don't mind, the spirit of the rear docking clamps needs to be soothed, if just a little, there's an interface by the rear door." he goes back to muttering various benedictions and rites over the flight controls.

Mephe
2008-03-01, 02:29 AM
"It would be my honor, Superior." Septimus strode to the rear interface, and began reciting the Litany of Soothing while activating the clamps' disengage.

an kobold
2008-03-01, 02:52 AM
Zekka

Zekka is already clearly uneasy when she enters the hanger. The strange technology and the prospect of descending through the atmosphere are a lot closer and a lot more intimidating than they were back in the mess. Upon viewing the red craft, she balks. Seeming to forget her fear, she approaches the tech priest the best she can.

Why are we 'cendin' in this?!? Do ya want us to fail or somethin'!?!

Verruckt
2008-03-01, 04:01 AM
The priest is clearly agitated by Zekka's comment, so much so he nearly switches a one and a zero in an incantation for the air lock seals. As soon as he is done he wheels on Zekka. "This?" he jabs a gangly augmetic arm towards the back of the craft, "This, I-will-have-you-know, is a 400 year old Mars Pattern Lighter from the blessed forges of the Red Planet itself! So yes, you will be "'cendin'" in this, and you had better be gakking well pleased for the chance, otherwise I invite you to strap on a void-suit and take a leap out after us!"

Apparently spent he descends into a coughing spell that fills the cockpit with incense and rather colorful profanity. He leans back out and fixes an apologetic stare on Zekka, "My apologies young miss, i never saw much use for cranial implants and life aboard navy vessels may leave one with a more... shall we say volatile temperament. Worry not though, I've nurtured this craft myself, you'll be quite safe within her hold."

Voth
2008-03-01, 06:09 AM
Victor

Approaching the craft, the psyker gives it a quick glance before approaching Zekka. "Calm yourself. This craft has seen many flights and will see many more before she fails in her duty. Now, let us make ready. We have work to do."

psycojester
2008-03-01, 11:44 AM
Dariel gave the lander a cursory glance before crossing to the tool chest and grabbed a data-slate.


If we live or die is the Emperors will, we place ourselves in his hands and do his work. Ours is to accept this and our place in his divine plan.

And anyway Dariel added distractedly as he examine the data-slate. If something does get fragged up and we all die in a fiery lander crash, we can spend our last moments praying to the Emperor that the tech-priest who maintained the bloody thing dies a horrible death.

Hoggmaster
2008-03-01, 12:17 PM
Lazarus

Too true, brother. We have but one life to give to our Emperor, but will serve him eternally.

Warpix
2008-03-01, 12:29 PM
Grim

Grim picked up one of the data slates before entering the Avrus, he secured his backpack in a compartment before strapping himself into a seat next to the exit. He looked out at the hanger, realizing that this is the first time that he's going to be breaking atmo.
"Well, the Avrus is normally a cargo ship, but I guess this one seems fitted for personnel" Grim thought.
Grim looked down at hid data slab to figure out what their mission was to be.

Voth
2008-03-01, 02:07 PM
Victor

After speaking to Zekka, Victor carefully picks up a data slate "Let us see what Inquisitor Romanov has provided us information wise."

an kobold
2008-03-01, 02:41 PM
Zekka

I'm na ta worried 'bout how sound it is. I know ya people have taken good care of her and know a lot more bout gadgetry stuff than I ever could. I'm sure we'll 'cend fine, it's bout what will happen once we get down there I'm worried for. Just look at tha color! It can't be a good omen.

She pauses a moment to get over her outburst and think through the responses.

Course ya are all right. The ship's safe and our duty comes before our well bein'. And the Emperor'll be looking over us either way. Forgive me, techpriest.

With that, she silently walks over to pick up a datapad and then takes a seat in the arvus.

Mephe
2008-03-01, 03:14 PM
Finishing the litany, Septimus turns away from the interface.
"The spirit is soothed, Superior. It will not object to the launch."

Verruckt
2008-03-01, 08:37 PM
Finished with his preparations the priest turns back toward Septimus "You have my thanks, er... I never did catch your name?"

The data card slots easily into your data slate from your earlier briefing, It follows thusly:


==== ====
=== ===
================================================== ======================
================/IN NAME OF THE IMMORTAL EMPEROR\================
=========/AND BY THE AUTHORITY OF HIS MOST HOLY INQUISITION\=========

If you are reading this then you have arrived safely at Acheron III and are no doubt about to begin your descent to your destination, Hive Avernus. Your pilot is the erstwhile Magos Errant Zaal, and you shall find no more a spirited priest of the Omnissiah than he. He will be your channel on the ground to myself and the rest of Lord Romanov's command staff. Now to the heart of the matter. One month ago the Inquisitor Commissar oversaw a large scale investigation into the smuggling of ghost pollen from Penal Legion supply ships to various mercenary units and heretic cells across the sector. This investigation lead to the summary executions of 29 guard personnel, including a commissar. This eliminated the traitors within the guard who disseminated the information on shipping schedules, but leaves behind the perpetrators of the actual smuggling. Then a spot of the Emperor's light shown upon us. 2 weeks ago a group of hive gangers attempted to knock over a guard Macro Hauler in Avernus carrying several tons of ghost pollen. What is surprising is that they almost succeeded by virtue of uncommonly heavy firepower. You are following up this lead, heavily armed gangers with military grade anti-vehicle grade weaponry and a taste for Ghost Pollen don't just appear out of nowhere, and it will be the aim of your investigation to identify and execute the leaders of the offending gang as well as whoever was foolish enough to supply them with such weapons. Any additional information you can find on the smuggling ring during your investigations will be a boon to Lord Romanov as she hunts down the mercenaries and heretics who sought to leach from the bosom of the Imperium. I wish the the Emperors blessing that your mission would be pleasing to His eyes

YOUR BROTHER IN ARMS AND SERVITUDE


=][= Gabriel Joyues =][=

Mephe
2008-03-02, 03:01 AM
Technographer Septimus, Superior. I am at your service.

Rarkasha
2008-03-03, 02:14 AM
Hijal

Hijal looks around at everyone, looking excited and rubbing his hands together while saying, "Hoy, this is gonna be a real party, innit? What say we all introduce ourselves proper, eh?"

He looks around at everyone, as if they really were just sitting together for a party rather than in an orbital lander, before saying, "All right then, guess I'll start, manners is as manners does after all. It's Hijal Kahn, bit of a mouthful I suppose, but there you are." He gestures theatrically, as if to suggest something more to the sentence.

an kobold
2008-03-04, 12:54 AM
Zekka

Zekka looks up from where she's fiddling around with the datapad. From her expression it's clear her initial apprehensiveness about 'cendin' in a red lander has given away to excitement for the coming job.

Well, I ain't ta sure it'll be a party down there, I figure ya got to have at least four groxes on tha feast table to be a party proper, and from wha' I know 'bout where we going, groxes ain't going to be roamin' free about. Party or no party 'side, ma name's Zekka Thebe. Ya can call me one or the other or both, don't matter.

Voth
2008-03-04, 01:14 AM
Victor

Head reeling from Zekka's accent, Victor gives a short bow. "Hello to you all. I am Victor Schmidt, but please just call me Victor."

Hoggmaster
2008-03-04, 07:16 AM
Lazarus

I am called Lazarus, emmisary of his divine will. At your service.

Warpix
2008-03-06, 12:10 AM
Grim

Grim paced his data pad into one of his pockets after reading it, he then reached down and picked up his shotgun, loading in two shells from the side. Similarly, he took his Krieg Pattern Lasgun and shoved an overcharged pack in without cocking it.
"Name's Grim"
He then strapped both guns back onto his backpack and slid them under his seat. He looked out of the hatchway again, waiting for it to close and them tack off.

Verruckt
2008-03-07, 05:34 AM
OOC: well, looks like some people will be seeing how the Inquisition deals with deserters, oh well.

Zaal pulls a small vox horn from the instruments above his head and his voice fills the hangar. "Tech adepts clear the hangar bay, make ready to cast off." the red robed adepts hurry through the closing airlocks and klaxons begin to bark out their warning tones. The Lighter's docking clamps pop free without complaint and the bay doors slide open, the blast of air carrying the little shuttle into the void. After muttering a few short prayers and rapidly tapping his finger across a series of glowing runes Zaal swivels his chair to face the acolytes. "It will be about two hours until we reach our port, in the mean time, do you have any questions about the specifics of your task?"

Voth
2008-03-07, 09:07 AM
Victor

"Do you have any information regarding any leads that may assist us?"

Mephe
2008-03-08, 12:00 AM
OOC: Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I'm back now.

Ending his silent incatation, Septimus is aware that he has missed something. Cosulting his audio drives, he realizes he never introduced himself to the other acolytes.

"Ahhh...Tech Adept Class E; Official Designation E515hg24k6n367km; Unoficial Designation: Septimus

Warpix
2008-03-08, 02:03 AM
Grim

Grim sat in his chair, a bit confused, and had to bring up the question...

"Did the people who didn't get on just get spaced? ... remind me to not get on the bad side of our Inquisitor."

Grim sat back, deciding he should relax as much as he could before they broke atmo.

I won't be posting this weekend(going upstate to visit family), so Rarkasha will control my character for the weekend if he needs to do anything, and nice way of dealing with the extra characters.

an kobold
2008-03-08, 05:03 AM
Zekka

Zekka tenses as the lighter casts off but relaxes once it's evident they have safely departed the hangar.

Naw, I think I'm good. They got big shooters so we just gots to hit 'em first. 'Spose knowin' where to find 'em would be good to know if ya have anythin'.

Verruckt
2008-03-08, 05:38 AM
Zaal raises an eyebrow at Grim before turning to Victor. "This is what I know, some underhive scum have gotten to big for their britches and have begun attacking Imperial shipments. This would usually be a matter for the local Adeptus Arbites chapter house, not the Inquisition, but these gangers have come into possession of Imperial Guard weapons, causing the matter to fall within the rather specific purview of Lord Inquisitor Commissar Romanov. I believe that there may be a contact within the Arbites that you can pump for more specific information and resources upon our arrival."

I don't think I spaced anyone, the two I was talking about were Khaim and psycojester... (checks again) oops, well I think I may have spaced jester, but I'm willing to assume he just walked onto the shuttle without saying anything, from whats been posted however, Khaim is still standing in the hallway outside of your rooms :(, if someone wants to play him thats fine by me until, or if, he shows back up. Just use his posting color if ya want.

psycojester
2008-03-08, 06:56 AM
Sorry just had a critical reading failure and missed the "get on the lander" part of your post :redface: I thought we were just standing about introducing ourselves again.

Dariel gave an amused snort. Hive's a big place and the underhive's always feral. If we want to find out anything useful we're going to have to go downhive and talk to the "scum". The hive bottom watchmen and the deputised gangs are the ones who are gonna be able to point us at the people we want to talk to. Then its all a matter of knowing how to ask right

Voth
2008-03-09, 02:34 AM
Victor

Raising an eyebrow, Victor looks at Dariel.

"So we should go from the bottom up? Is that what you are saying? Do you have any experience with Hives?"

psycojester
2008-03-09, 05:51 AM
Over fifteen years as an underhive watchman, born and raised on Gunpoint. I kept the peace and hunted down and deviant that threatened the Emperors subjects, mutant, heretic or Psyker..... Dariel trails off mid sentence lost in thought. After a second he shakes his head and continues.

I'd bet a months wages that we're going to find heretics up and down the hive on this one. Underhive gangers just don't have the resources to go hitting guard conveys on their own, the kind of guns you'd need for a raid like that say Spire money to me. But its a lot easier to get a skavy ganger to talk than a blue blood.
Dariels face softens and he begins to emphasis his works with gestures as he warms to his subject

If i drag you out to a sewer pipe, blow your legs off at the knees with a shotgun and then stop the bleeding. Suddenly talking to an Arbitrator seems like a much better option when the alternative is getting dumped in the ooze hoping that some hive rat is gonna come along and gnaw your brains out before your stumps get infected or some fragging plague zombie comes and gnaws on you and turns you into one of em. You can't use the direct method with nobles, gotta gather the names you need from the bottom and kill em off as you climb, so you can finally torture the bastard you find at the top until he gives you the rest of his friends

Voth
2008-03-10, 12:02 AM
Victor

"So start at the bottom and work our way up to the head honcho. Any idea's on how to proceed with that?" Victor asks Dariel, interested in forming a plan before they make planet side.

Verruckt
2008-03-10, 12:26 AM
just interjecting ooc for a moment, good to have you back psyco, you had me at "blow your legs off at the knees" I'll let this conversation pan out however long y'all like, drop me a hint when you want to land :smallwink:

an kobold
2008-03-10, 01:09 AM
Zekka

I'm not ta sure how good I'd be doin' the talkin', but I can shoot a leg clean off if ya want. Or pick off a group so we can get a guy by his lonesome all easy like.

The feral holds up her hands like she's holding her rifle, her grin exposing her sharp teeth. She then pauses for a moment, frowning.

But how do ya know if tha heretic's tellin' the truth, Daniel? Ya already cost him his kneecaps and surely he must know the only course for his crimes is death. Why would he bother makin' our jobs easier if he could just as easy spread the lies of chaos? Um. . .Victor? Can ya get inta their heads or somethin' if we get the live bodies to ya?

psycojester
2008-03-10, 07:55 AM
Dariel idly rubs an old bullet graze on his jawline as he mulls over Victors question.

I think we should probably check out the Adeptus Precinct, get geared up for the underhive. Bottom Dwellers aren't the most friendly towards outsiders, after that we should check out their report on the attack, see what settlements are nearby. Then go pay the watchmen in those settlements a visit, see who the local watchmen are, find out which useful details got left out of the official report. From there on out its all a matter of what we find. Thats how i see it anyways.

As for knowing the truth, the bottom of a hive provides a lot of little incentives for a man to be honest. True i wasn't dealing with the same caliber of scum and heretics as her ladyship the Inquisitor deals with, but most of the ones that i ran down thought that a minute for prayers of repentance to the Emperor and a one last Iho stick was a pretty good deal when the other options include being taken captive by cannibal mutants who think that you're both a tasty meal and a pleasurable way to relieve some pent up stress..... usually at the same time. Its incredibly rare to find a ganger who's got the guts to try and Grox **** you under those circumstances.

Mephe
2008-03-10, 11:10 PM
TUrning towards Darrel, Septimus replies, "Alternative Method: Combat lie with lie. False promises of mercy may make the heretic more likely to speak truth. Addendum: Employ prior to 'blowing his legs off with a shotgun'. Failure to do so may result in up to 80% loss in effectiveness.

Verruckt
2008-03-11, 12:33 AM
Zaal interjects, "If I may, it has been my experience that the speed with one reaches absolution can be an excellent motivator. When given the choice between a bolt twixt the eyes or a day alone with me and my friends here," he pauses as two utility mechadendrites unfurl from beneath his robes, drills and clamps whirring and clacking for effect. "Cooperation seems a much better offer. Then again we usually tortured them anyway, can't trust a snake unless you're standing on his tail. Thats my two Thrones anyway, if you haven't got the time for some rather messy "structural modifications" then the shotgun can be quite effective as well."

he looks back to the runic display before announcing "Approximately one hour until landing."

Voth
2008-03-11, 12:38 AM
Victor

Nodding at the input by his companions, Victor begins to ready himself for planet fall. "I think we all agree to start at the bottom of the hive and work our way up. Dariel, do you know where we should start?"

psycojester
2008-03-11, 12:53 AM
Dariel shrugs Its not my world, they don't build these things to a STC, the precinct should be able to tell us where the convoy was hit, i'd suggest we start asking around there. Hive gangs don't usually move around too much, if they leave their turf for too long somebody else is likely to move in and take over. If theres any watchmen worth a damn in the area they should know if anybody of the local scum have been packing the kind of firepower you'd need to take out a guard convoy.

Voth
2008-03-11, 01:06 AM
Victor

"Alright, sounds like a plan." Turning to Zaal, Victor continues, "Any idea where we could find the precinct?"

Verruckt
2008-03-11, 03:10 PM
"There I can help, as I'll be landing at a private dock in that precinct, the chapter house is two hab blocks east, and I believe they know we are coming. ETA thirty minutes"

an kobold
2008-03-11, 06:22 PM
Zekka

Sounds good ta me.

She leans back and closes her eyes as the lander nears the ground, clearly nervous.

One thing's for sure, I'm gonna be glad when we're all leavin' a trail of 'spensed' mercy 'n' justice down on tha ground. . .No 'fense, Mr. Zaal, but I just prefer land under ma feet.

Voth
2008-03-11, 06:27 PM
Victor

Nodding at Zekka, Victor turns to address the group as a whole. "I for one think that we should follow Dariel's advice. He knows the most out of all of us about the hive's inner workings and has the most experience. I'll suggest we all follow his lead, but I leave the final choice up to you all." Victor reclines back into his seat, comfortable that the Holy Emperor shall guide them through the uncertainty that clouds the future.

Mephe
2008-03-11, 09:14 PM
Agreed. Recalibrating mission specifics. NEW IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR. Name: Dariel Tafth. Designation method: mutual agreement. Length of term as superior: no specified length.

Hoggmaster
2008-03-12, 07:57 AM
Lazarus


Before we land let us lift praise to the Golden Throne. Giving the sign of the Aquila, O, Emperor, everliving, deliver us to the surface so justice can be dispensed in your name.

Verruckt
2008-03-12, 05:28 PM
As Lazarus finishes his benediction Zaal intones "The Emperor Protects. Praise Be to the Omnissiah"
the Lighter breaks atmo and the 12 mile high bulk of Hive Avernus leaps up at you like a tarnished silver spear. Arteria spread out across the continents, leviathan Macro-Haulers plying the covered roads that span over the wasteland that is the planet's surface.

The shuttle speeds past the grossly baroque towers and palaces of the Spire, past the drab manufactorum of the Hive Proper, down towards the blackened rusted decay of the Underhive. A voice crackles over the vox circuits.

"Arvus Lighter, the is Arbite air control sector 2. Announce you designation and purpose and then proceed to the supplied coordinates." Zaal punches up a data screen before responding, reading from the screen as he does so.

"Arbite Control, this shuttle is designation 224-ZETA-749, we are operating
under special clearance permit 003-Lady of Troy, repeat 003-Lady of Troy. Copy?" There is a pause before the tower replies, somewhat flustered.

"Acknowledged shuttle, clearance 003-Lady of Troy confirmed, please Proceed to dock Sigma, an arbite will be there to assist with your cargo. Arbite Control out."

The shuttle swings about and begins a gentle descent towards a nondescript docking bay on the hive's southern face. The little shuttle come to a stop on the pad with a hiss of hydraulics and the hangar Doors slide shut behind you. A woman in the white and blue dress armor of the Adeptus Arbites is waiting for you at the other end of the bay.

Voth
2008-03-12, 08:01 PM
Victor


Disembarking from the ship, Victor calmly approaches the armored Adeptus Arbites. After giving a friendly bow, Victor offers his hand. "Victor, at your service."

psycojester
2008-03-13, 12:07 PM
Disembarking from the lighter, Dariel marches down the length of the docking bay . Stopping in front of the Arbite he raises his fist to his badge in a casual salute.


Arbite Tafth. Assigned to Inquisitor Romanov. I take it you're our liason with the local precinct then?

Verruckt
2008-03-13, 10:18 PM
The arbite returns Victor's bow and Dariel's Salute before introducing herself, "Arbite Agnia, likewise. Indeed I am assigned to assist you with any support you might need, be it lodging, information or equipment." she speaks with a marked lack of fear or wariness, either she truly is unimpressed by the presence of an Inquisitorial cell, or she is very good at hiding her apprehension. "How may I assist the Emperor this day?"

Voth
2008-03-13, 10:55 PM
Victor

Frowning for a split second at Dariel's public proclamation of their purpose, Victor motions to the others.

"I believe it would be in all of our best interests to continue this conversation at your HQ. Will you lead the way Arbite Agnia?"

Verruckt
2008-03-13, 11:30 PM
The arbite pauses to check her riot gun before replying, "I will, but, be wary, the gangs are having the biggest war I've seen in 3 decades of service, and some of them are packing serious heat." She racks the slide of the Shotgun and opens the steel door into the habs, exposing the rubble sewn streets beyond. She slams her back against the wall as a trio of lasbolts split past where her head was a half second before, spattering molten ferrocrete at Dariel's feet. She looks up at you to scream, "Contacts!"

that was the surprise round, roll for whatever they call initiative :smallbiggrin:

Voth
2008-03-13, 11:37 PM
Victor

"You don't say?" Victor replies as he makes ready to send some souls to the Emperor.

Wow I just noticed that I should be posting in Blue not Red... Sorry >_<
Initiative is rolled with 1d10+ your Agility Bonus
Initiative:[roll0]

an kobold
2008-03-14, 12:02 AM
Zekka Thebe

Taking her own recommendations about herself to heart, Zekka remains silent in the arbite's presence, standing at attention and giving the more learned one's a chance to reach the group. However, as the lasbolts spew ferrocrete every which way, all formality is forgotten and Thebe shouts out loudly, "Sonnofagorax! "


[roll0]

psycojester
2008-03-14, 06:20 AM
Flinching away from th molten ferrocrete Dariel shouts at their assailants. Adeptus Arbites! Stand down and your sentencing maybe lenient


[roll0]

Hoggmaster
2008-03-14, 06:59 AM
Lazarus

By the Golden Throne...

Init roll [roll0]

May the emperor's mercy receive you into his divine bosom and save thee from heresy!

Drawing his Las Pistol, intones . . . O beneficient Emperor bless us as we perform thy bidding - We consecrate these souls in your name.

Verruckt
2008-03-15, 02:04 PM
From their positions by the door Victor and Dariel can see the situation before them: the streets outside the dock form an inverted T with the lower leg moving directly away from the dock, and the upper alongside. Along the street in front of you are two men in black rags and heavy factory clothing, wielding lasguns, above them on catwalks that connect the second floor of the habs on either side of the street are three more men similarly attired and armed. They are close, and easily within the range of a shotgun or laspistol. A parked micro-cargo truck 5 meters from the door could provide ample cover for any willing to run to it, and various detritus around the hangar could do likewise.

The order of combat is as follows:
Dariel(7),Victor(5),Zekka(4),Lazarus(4)Arbite(-),Gangers(-). The others will come in as they post at the end of the order. the shuttle is thirty meters from the door, which is wide enough for two men to walk abreast. Let me know if you need more info :smallsmile:

Voth
2008-03-15, 08:06 PM
Victor

"In the name of the Emperor!" yells Victor from behind cover.

This is why I hate this board because you can't roll dice in edits. Anyways I'm going to use my Minor Psychic Power:Inflict Pain and target one of the gun men within 100m. I don't care which one. This is a half action. I'm still behind cover if I read your post correctly so I just use my other half action to delay until someone comes close enough (15m) for me to make a pot shot at them from behind cover. And now for the rolls!
Minor Psychic Power: Inflict Pain [roll0]
Compact Laspistol: One Attack [roll1]
-Damage for Laspistol attack if hits: [roll2] Energy

Mephe
2008-03-16, 02:29 AM
"Hostiles recognized. Threat level: Four. Initiating appropriate countermeasures...now"
Initiative: [roll0]

psycojester
2008-03-16, 08:08 AM
Dariel draws his shotgun and fires at each of the men on the ground.


Man1 [roll0]
Man2 [roll1]

Assuming either shot hits.

Man1 [roll2]
Man2 [roll3]

Hoggmaster
2008-03-16, 09:20 AM
Lazarus

Aim +10BS then fire at nearest threat [roll0] will draw sword as a free action

Warpix
2008-03-16, 01:14 PM
Grim

Grim jumps back at the sound of lasgun fire and pulls his shotgun out, only having to **** it. "Why the bloody hell are they here already? We just landed!" Grim looks over the corner of one of the walls and takes a shot off at the closest man, aiming down the sights before he does.

Sorry about the lateness, had to deal with AP school stuff recently and I was out on a date yesterday.
Initiative : [roll0]
and when it gets to my turn...
Shot at the closest man
to hit[roll1]
damage [roll2]
BS is 43, plus 10 for aiming, so 53 total for this shot

Warpix
2008-03-16, 01:21 PM
Woo, five degrees of sucess with a scatter weapon, so that should give me two extra hits
1[roll0]
2[roll1]

Hoggmaster
2008-03-16, 04:56 PM
Lazarus

oops forgot weapon damage [roll0]

an kobold
2008-03-16, 08:33 PM
Zekka

Keep 'em busy for me.

As Zekka shouts out, she makes a burst through the door out into the street and towards the micro-cargo truck, trying to keep it between her and the gunmen at all time.


Taking a Tactical Advance from the hangar to the truck.

psycojester
2008-03-17, 05:45 AM
OOC: Could we please start identifying beyond "the nearest guy" that guy has got to be bloody meat at this point.

Verruckt
2008-03-17, 06:14 AM
Don't worry, I'm deciding between two equidistant dudes depending on where I think you are standing. so far the guy on the left has been hit twice, right once.
all the same, any further hits to guy on the left will have critical consequences.

Mephe
2008-03-17, 07:33 PM
Looking down his lasgun's sights at the assailant on the right, Septimus trigger, sending two lances of heat and light at his target.


Aim and 3-Round Semiauto Burst
[roll]
1d100
BS34+20 for aim and semi-auto=54

Mephe
2008-03-17, 07:38 PM
Ok, that was stupid...
[roll0]

Mephe
2008-03-17, 07:49 PM
Fun, two hits to the right arm...
Damage: [roll0]
[roll1]

Rarkasha
2008-03-19, 04:26 AM
((Sorry about vanishing for a bit, the hard drive on my computer puttered out rather suddenly and it took awhile to set up this new one. I'll just roll initiative and wait for the next round, if that's okay))

Hijal reaches underneath the back of his coat to the autopistol at the small of his back. Unfortunately, it was rather crudely harnessed, and it drops to the ground with a metallic clatter swallowed by the gunfire around him. Hijal mutters a long string of obscenities while he fumbles for the gun, all while trying to remain in cover.

[roll0]

Verruckt
2008-03-19, 05:20 AM
The strength of the your cell's fusillade is withering. Grim's shotgun booms, catching the gunman on the right square in the chest, making him stagger. Before he can even recover, his weapon is blasted from his hand as Septimus' lasgun blows chunks of smoking meat free of his arm, the man collapses into shock. Dariel's jam combined with Victor's well timed shot to his arm (not to mention the sudden wash of pain he just manages to ride out) distract the leftmost man in black enough for Zekka to speed past and hit the deck behind the micro-cargo. Before he can even register the Feral blur another lasbolt punches into his gut.

Agnia shouts "Avernus Arbites, Sentence for assaulting an officer, Death!" and pokes around the corner to sight a gunman, but her shell goes wide. The gunman responds with a lasgun shot, the red lance of light punching a neat hole in Victor's shoulder. The lasfire from the catwalk strikes the grounds making angry red craters, save for a round that takes a chunk out of Victor's leg, now gasping for breath with pain.

sorry voth, the got a couple lucky shots, 7 total damage, +1 level of fatigue for 1 critical damage to the leg. As far as I know you can keep on fighting, but correct me if I am wrong.

psycojester
2008-03-19, 06:26 AM
OOC: Actually shotguns have reliable so it only a jam if i roll a 10 on this roll, otherwise its just a regular miss [roll0]

an kobold
2008-03-19, 04:20 PM
Zekka

Fumbling behind the cargo truck, Zekka pulls out her Stub revolver and ducks out from behind to the truck to take a quick shot at the right most man on the catwalk.


Still keeping behind cover somewhat, if possible, just arms and head exposed.
Here's the shot.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Voth
2008-03-20, 01:59 AM
Victor

Grimacing as white hot agony flowed up his leg, Victor ducks back completely behind cover and slumps to the ground, taking all the weight off his leg. "Warp take those scum!" Victor curses through gritted teeth. The wound isn't that bad. The nice thing about las wounds is that the laser super heats the wound, preventing blood loss. The pain lessens but leaves Victor dizzy, preventing him from acting fully. Attempting to focus once more, Victor murmurs and begins to open his mind to the warp, attempting once more to seize its power to aid him.

Joy lots of pain. Okay I'm behind cover completely since I don't need eye contact or anything to use this psychic power. I'm using Inflict Pain again on the closest person. The reason I say this is because most likely the guy who is the closest right now is going to bite it soon so I want this to hit someone... alright here we go! [roll0]
It goes off!

psycojester
2008-03-20, 01:45 PM
Dariel glances over at Victor and gives a nasty laugh. Thats the Underhive giving you a little hello kiss. He pauses to reload his shotgun. Suck it up, if thats the worst thing that happens to you on this job then the Emperor loves you deeply.

Dariel spends this a full action reloading his shotgun (cut down from 2 turns thanks to quick load) and takes a free action to mock the fancy looking psyker

Mephe
2008-03-21, 12:48 AM
"Situation Factors: Wounded Ally, concealed opposition. Recommended course of action: Disable Manuever Alpha. Initiating in 3...2...1...

Feedback Screech: Everyone else takes a Willpower Test or lose 1 half action.

Edit: Okay, what the **** am I doing wong to not get the spoiler tab? I'm just not seeing it. :furious:
Edit Mk. 2: Swell, I am an idiot.

Verruckt
2008-03-21, 02:00 AM
it's spoiler, not spoilers

Hoggmaster
2008-03-21, 06:36 AM
Lazarus

Willpower roll [roll0]

Straining against the cursed noise eminating from his comrade, Lazarus draws a bead on another foe.

Aim (+10)BS if i made my WP roll vs the screech, [roll1]
damage if a hit is scored [roll]1d10+2[/rolll]

Hoggmaster
2008-03-21, 06:40 AM
Damage roll if a hit [roll0]

psycojester
2008-03-21, 10:47 AM
Willpower: [roll0]

Why don't we try posting our actions in the OOC thread and then build them into a coherent scene in the IC thread, that way we can side step people posting in initiative order

psycojester
2008-03-21, 10:53 AM
gritting his teeth and wincing as the earsplitting noise cuts through his brain, Dariel fumbles with his shotgun, a shell slipping from his grasp and rolling away across the floor.

A baleful look in his eyes, Dariel snarls at Septimus

If you fragging do that again while i'm standing next to you Tech-Priest you're going to bloody well find out what it feels like when i start throwing around indiscriminate fire.

Mephe
2008-03-21, 03:54 PM
Septimus meets Dariel's argered gaze with one of unconcerned apathy.
" 'Only the strong may serve in His Name.' Marcothial 4:11"

Verruckt
2008-03-21, 07:15 PM
That idea works well for me psyco, anyone have any objections?

an kobold
2008-03-21, 10:59 PM
Zekka


[roll0]
*crosses fingers*

Voth
2008-03-22, 01:41 AM
Victor

"ARG! WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR WAS THAT ABOUT!" Victor yells angerly, trying to cope with the sonic blast.

Will Test:[roll0] Fantastic...

Warpix
2008-03-22, 01:53 AM
Grim

Grim falls on his back behind the wall the wall and screams out a bit from the sheer loudness of the shrieking of the psycher.

"Ahh! What the Feth?!"

Will Power Test: 74
Will:30
Epic Fail
Roll is in OOC thread, Pycho's idea is pretty good

Verruckt
2008-03-26, 05:29 AM
Septimus' infrasonic cacophony strikes out at all present, staggering gunmen and acolytes alike. Only Zekka and Agnia stand erect, utterly oblivious to the debilitating noise. Zekka's well aimed bullet passes through one killer's knee, taking a good chunk of meat along with it. The man drops his lasgun and clutches his ruined kneecap in agony. Agnia's combat shotgun booms, its sledgehammer slug punching a ragged hole the size of a fist through one gunman's torso. The man falls face forward into a rapidly growing pool of his own blood. Only the two assailants on the catwalk remain unharmed, stunned by the aural barrage.

psycojester
2008-03-26, 11:34 AM
Slotting another shell into his shotgun Dariel steps out of cover and fires another shot at the hivers on the catwalk. Still disorientated from Septimus' screaming feedback, his shot goes wide and sparks off the gantry.

Seeing his shot go wide Dariel snarls to himself.
May the immortal Emperor damn all Techpriests and their gadgetry to the Stygian darkness.

Voth
2008-03-27, 09:57 PM
Victor

Shaking his head to clear it from the sonic blast that he just suffered, Victor once again focuses on a point deep within himself and attempts to bring forth the fury of the warp.

I'm pretty sure I'm only stunned for one round. That means I should be free to act now.

Rolls! Psychic Test: [roll0]
It goes off.

an kobold
2008-03-27, 11:54 PM
Zekka

Ignoring the outburst of noise entirely, Zekka grins as the man falls to his knees in pain and turns her attention to the central figure still standing on the catwalk. Feeling less rushed than she did before, the feral takes her time to get a bead before firing, hitting the man in the body. This was what she was trained for.