PDA

View Full Version : Shape Mindblade: Spiked chain?

Vazzaroth
2008-02-16, 10:45 PM
My DM just approved a feat to shape my Mindblade to a spiked chain with the same reqs. and the other exotic shape feats. I was somewhat expecting him to deny it, because it seemed over-powered, but what is everyone else's opinion?

My character is a PyWarrior, Soulknife, Elocater. The Warrior is mostly just to get the powers to qualify for Elocater. I'm focused on Flanking and Spring Attacks, so a reach weapon should be amazing.

As a side note, my group couldn't figure out if you can flank with a reach weapon. Can you?

FlyMolo
2008-02-16, 10:54 PM
You can flank with a reach weapon. I think. But reach is calculated from where you're standing, not where your weapon is.

Jack_Simth
2008-02-16, 11:07 PM
My DM just approved a feat to shape my Mindblade to a spiked chain with the same reqs. and the other exotic shape feats. I was somewhat expecting him to deny it, because it seemed over-powered, but what is everyone else's opinion?

1) The Soulknife is a relatively weak class to begin with.
2) It's not that the spiked chain is overpowered that makes everyone think it's cheesy - it's that almost nobody can picture one in use.

My character is a PyWarrior, Soulknife, Elocater. The Warrior is mostly just to get the powers to qualify for Elocater. I'm focused on Flanking and Spring Attacks, so a reach weapon should be amazing.

As a side note, my group couldn't figure out if you can flank with a reach weapon. Can you?
You can - you need to have a friendly character threatening from the opposite side, but you can still flank.

Vazzaroth
2008-02-16, 11:14 PM
Cool. When I start getting 2 and 3 reach spring attacks a turn I think I will be quite untouchable, especially with my Ring of Blinking.

And the flanking space isn't much of an issue with the elocater, he can designate flanking from any square, it's just whether or not you can.

I can't wait to be skating around the battlefield, spinning a shining, energy chain while blinking in and out of view. :smallbiggrin:

Nebo_
2008-02-16, 11:14 PM
Wow, I can't believe someone could actually think that a soulknife is overpowered at all.