PDA

View Full Version : The Goblin Campaign



borninbones
2008-02-17, 04:49 PM
Fearis looks at the goblins standing before him. "I choose to take all of you." Fearis is a small goblin that most of you know or have heard of at some point and time. The usual is that he ran fleeing from something, a well known jumpy scaredy cat. He slowly gives each of you a small piece of wiring that is bent in the shape of a spiral. As each of you leave the building, cheers go up as you walk out. "Any reason for a party or parade" fearis says as you march towards the city gates. The crowd is already dispersing as you walk out the gates. The large gates close loudly behind you. The burnt pile of where they burnt the human's bodies is not far away.

What you don't know is where the nearest human city is. You know where the pixie city is, but they did't take too well to goblins during their last run in. (southwest)

Fearis pipes up that he knows where the last human city was. (west)

You also know that the nearest goblin village is to the northwest.

The humans came from the south.

You are facing south east.

The ocean is to the east.

All are at least a day away.

(Which way, what do you do, can I get an introduction please.)

((ooc please use (()) to denote ooc speak))
((The cardinal direction thing I am trying is something new, if you REALLY hate it, let me know))
((As your dm, I will try and post at least once per day except saturdays, as I rarely have access to a computer on saturdays and as expressed earlier, I would like but not require everyone to post at least once per day but I require at least once every three days max))

Zombie pixe
2008-02-17, 04:59 PM
Grolum sits at the gate, musing to himself about why axes cut so good...

mummble mummble mummble

((i take Pink by the way :smallsmile:))

I wait at the gate for the materialising party.

sickler
2008-02-17, 06:12 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816) - Goblin Fighter

((and here's the link to the OOC thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3954003))

Marching through the street with everyone cheering for them had pulled Zeig's thoughts to a world of glory and grandeur. As they exitted the city, his riding hound Duke was supplied to him by his fellow gateguardsmen who offered some advice to keep Zeig safe but his mind was still too far from reality to listen.

The aroma of the burnt and the slamming of the gate gripped his thoughts and pulled them back to the present. Zeig simply blinked. He spent so much time at the gates but not once did he ever think about where other cities were, who their inhabitants could be and any of that sort. Fiddling with the spiralled wire he had been handed earlier, Zeig tried to think the most logical thoughts he could.

"Well, me and Beeog were at the south gate when those big sick guys came up here, so maybe they had some friends or something from over down there.", Zeig added, gazing first at the cowardly Faeris (whom he heard had once jumped fearfully at the sound of children laughing) then glancing one by one at his new companions.

Volug
2008-02-17, 06:26 PM
((Gah... Should have done it sooner. Intro post will be later tonight, or first thing tommorow morning:smallfrown:
Though I may be able to get it done now...))

Merguyn makes his way through the streets, laughing and mumbling in some high pitched tone to himself, ignoring just about everything else. He fingers the wire absentmindedly.

Set off to find somewhat or other of humans eh? If they just let me talk to that plant at the inn just a bit longer it would have finally gave me the exact direction where to go...

Merguyn's wolf, Fang, walks next to him. Merguyn scratches behind his ears.
Well, these humans came from the south, isn't that right brother?

The wolf howls.

Yes yes, well, I also know there is a pixie villiage somewhere to the south. And if they have some that are one with nature as I am I'm sure we can ask for simple directions from where the humans came from, yeees...

He continues to finger the wire.

Yami
2008-02-17, 10:14 PM
Riffle

As he walks through the goblin city, Riffle waves and smiles at all the cheering goblins. His tattered robes and threadbare look make a bit of a mockery of the scene, but then for some that was just reason to laugh and cheer louder.

While he didn't mind following orders the old goblins that ran the little monestary seemed to think him a glorified slave. Being a minion was all about sitting around and looking important while ultimately doing nothing. This trip would hopefully be his first taste of such freedom.

As the party stops outsides the gate, the monk glances warily towards Merguyn and his wolf. Sliding away from the odd goblin, Riffle leans on his walking staff and looks at Fearis expectantly. "Well then? Which way?" he asks, eager to be off.

Badgerish
2008-02-18, 06:20 AM
No-Face (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8819) will talk in olive green

No-Face is proud to be choosen for this task and interested about seeing more of the outside world. However the crowds outside are not too his liking.

No-face quickly sneaks out the back of the meeting area and collects his supplies on the way to the kennels. Once his ugly-looking dog is saddled and barded, he will head out of the mountain to meet the others.

((current appearance: black/grey leather armor, riding cloak, bandages over face. rapier on belt, crossbow on dog, everything else in saddlebags/backpack.))

Zombie pixe
2008-02-20, 04:49 PM
after getting bored of wating, Grolum goes looking for interseting fungi and mushrooms...

[roll0]

Badgerish
2008-02-22, 04:12 AM
No-Face pauses to inspect the piece of coiled wire that Faeris had given him*. After a little while he stores it in a belt pouch.

He then points his ugly-looking dog roughly southwards and waits for some discussion from the others.

((Is the wire soft (like electical wire) or hard (like a decent spring)? is it meant to be worn like a ring or could it be used as an improsived lockpick?))

borninbones
2008-02-22, 02:46 PM
Fearis looks around at the group and shrugs. I vote going towards the last human city that we know of, west, but I am just carrying their stuff. You note at this point that Fearis is unarmed except a small dagger that you might use as a butter knife, not a weapon.

Great roleplaying displayed by everyone so far (50 xp each, thats what I like to see).

Edit: What grolum finds

Grolom finds a pale green mushroom. If he pulls it up, it comes up with the soil and has very strong roots.

sickler
2008-02-22, 05:12 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Zeig scratched his short black hair, as if stimulating brain activity with the sensation, "West, eh? Well, if there's humans there, it would be a good place to start looking." Hopping up onto Duke, Zeig gazed out towards the west and wondered what sort of a place this human city was like.

Volug
2008-02-22, 05:25 PM
Merguyn

West? West you say? My dear kid-lets, haven't you forgotten those ickle-humans came from the south? Why would those from the west know anything about those humans that came here from the south?
Isn't that right my brother?

The wolf sitting by his side barks. It is also quite easy to tell that Merguyn probably hasn't ever heard his own voice judging by the strange way he seems to speak. Some of it's quite high-pitched, sometimes just down right strange sounding.

Zombie pixe
2008-02-22, 06:17 PM
west it is then. *swings axe in a prepriatory manner*

*to himself*

grolum likes his little mucshrooms, grolum does...

Zombie pixe
2008-02-23, 05:03 PM
*bump bump bump*

((come on, i cant let a game as promising as theis die :smallannoyed: ))

borninbones
2008-02-24, 09:08 AM
((I had kind of planned for this to be a campaign that some people might take a while between postings and unless we are in combat, that should be fine but otherwise, I am placing everyone who hasn't posted yet on autofollow. Feel free to pipe in your opinion/actions from time to time to let me know you are still with us. Go a week without posting and every assumes you got lost and You are not coming back.))

The vote is to the west. As you proceed west, the sights, sounds, smells and all kinds of such great you. The west proceeds into thick jungle like terrain. As you hack through the terrain, I need a reflex save, a survival check, a spot check, a listen check and an initiative check. (just in case)

If you are making any other actions (like moving silently) please make appropriate rolls.

Zombie pixe
2008-02-24, 01:27 PM
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Listen
[roll2] Survival
[roll3] Reflex
[roll4] Spot

sickler
2008-02-24, 04:38 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Reflex: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]
Initiative: [roll4]

Badgerish
2008-02-24, 07:09 PM
Reflex: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]
Initiative: [roll4]

((If no-face manages to spot/listen for something, he will attempt to sneak in to get a closer look.))

hide: [roll5]
move silently: [roll6]

Badgerish
2008-02-24, 07:10 PM
impressive reflex roll there!

Reflex: [roll0]

Zombie pixe
2008-02-25, 11:24 AM
((Badgerish, i would keep your first one if i were you :smalltongue:))

Grolum takes position behind the party fighter, so that he will be almost first into the fight but not the first to get hit.

((this means that in any battle situation, i am behind the lead fighter, though hopefully we wont need this information :smallwink:

Volug
2008-02-25, 01:19 PM
Merguyn seems to have forgotten about his plan to go south, and is already fascinated by the jungle around everyone.

This place almost matches my forest with it's beauty! Onward my comrades as we bathe in the nature of this magnificent jungle!

Merguyn cackles as they travel, looking at various trees and plants. His wolf companion trots by his side.

Merguyn's rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

And if you need his animal companion's rolls....
[roll5]
[roll6] (+5 total if by scent)
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

borninbones
2008-02-26, 10:12 PM
The jungle opens up into a gorgeous and you stand on the cliff. (since everyone but Noface, he just almost walks off before you point it out to him). The cliff overlooks a beautiful valley. On the far end of the valley you can make out a HUGE white castle sitting on the other side of the valley. Its a short fall if anyone wants to jump down (jump tumble check) of about 20 feet. Or you can climb or use your imagination for something strange.

Yami
2008-02-28, 07:01 PM
Reflex: [roll0]
Survival: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]
Initiative: [roll4]

This is what it means to be a minion, Riffle thinks as he walks to the edge of the cliff and stares out at the view. "We should have the city moved over here."

As he appreciates the scenery, the ragged goblin looks about for an easy way down. His masters might have show other students an ancient technique that allows one to fall short distances safely, but Riffle had never been taught the art of 'grab the damn wall already.'

sickler
2008-02-28, 07:46 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Zeig grabs his rope from off his hound's saddle and begins observing the nearby area for a suitable tree to tie it to. Use Rope: [roll0]

He then ties the rope to his rather reluctant hound [roll1]and begins to lower the dog down the cliff. Strength Check: [roll2]

If there is no rope failure after he finishes lowering the dog, Zeig then slides down the rope and unties his hound.

Otherwise, he'll jump down and tumble. [roll3]

Badgerish
2008-02-29, 10:19 AM
no-face will spend a moment looking at the drop ahead of him, then he will scout off to one side, looking for an easier way down.

((rolling spot to look for a better way down for goblins and dogs))
spot: [roll0]

Volug
2008-02-29, 11:07 AM
((I'm still here, but I cannot post for awhile... Sorry.
Tangled web doesn't want to work, and I'm doing alot.
I may be able to post later today or tomorrow.))

borninbones
2008-02-29, 04:06 PM
The rope idea seems to work and you get down the cliff. (do you leave the rope?)

With your spot check you do not see any way down and with wondering around you don't see anyway down.

So now you are the bottom of the cliff. Now that you are down here, you realize that you are on a downward slope. It is about 40 feet down the slope that the trees start again. (there is a space between the cliff and the jungle as it heads down into the valley.)

After you have reached the bottom you notice that there is a groove in the cliffside that is about fist sized in width. About two inches below that is grass that is uniformly cut going all the way to tree line, nothing is higher then approximately knee high.

Zombie pixe
2008-02-29, 04:19 PM
"anything to kill?" i shout down to Zeig

"can i come down?" I ask.

*without wating for a responce, i climb down the rope*

Climb Rope: [roll0]

((Looks like i got down fine?))

i walk over to where Zeig is.

sickler
2008-02-29, 05:53 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

((Yah, I left the rope tied at the top so others could use it to get down. Was going to yell up for someone to let it loose once I found out if it actually held or not :b))

"Oi! Last one to come down should untie my rope for me!" Zeig hollars up to the rest at the top of the cliff. Inspecting the fist sized groove, he contemplates what would have made this and for what purpose, but comes to no conclusion.

When Grolum gets down to Zeig, he points out at the grass, "I don't trust this grass. No good reason to have it cut for viewing if there's just a cliff in the way..."

Yami
2008-03-01, 03:46 AM
"How can you tell it's cut for viewing?" Riffle shouts down, a bit confused. It just looked like grass to him, but then he was still up the cliff.

The spry monk figures he might as well be the last one down, being the least burdened. Not to mention it allows him longer to appreciate the view.

"Maybe it just grows short here or something. It's not like we've seen all the grass in the world."

Badgerish
2008-03-02, 05:28 AM
no-face will ride back to the others and reel up the rope, to harness his riding dog like Zeig did.

use rope: (take 10) +4

Riffle, can you lend me a hand with this?

strength check to safely lower the dog: [roll0] (possible aid-other bonus if he does get help)

climb: [roll1]
tumble (if climb fails): [roll2]

Yami
2008-03-02, 06:47 AM
Use Rope:[roll0]

"Sure," the goblin says, moving over to help immediately. Looking about Riffle notices the strange goblin with his wolf was still up here as well. Not sure that he wanted to help that thing down, or it's odd owner, the monk figures he's not been asked to stay up and drop down last.

Riffle follows No-face down the rope.

Volug
2008-03-02, 08:57 AM
((I could have sworn I post... Scary.))

Oh dear... What should we do know to get you down brother?

Merguyn gets an idea in his head, and takes out his own rope. He'll tie that to the same tree the other rope is on. (Take 10?)

Then use the same method with the dog, only using two ropes which will hopefully make it easier.

((My computer is being retarted, I can't write any more due to fear of losing all of it. Bones, can you do the checks for me? Or maybe I'll get some time to do it later... Very Sorry.

EDIT: Actually... I can't even get onto my character sheet with my laptop, and the other computer is being used....))

borninbones
2008-03-03, 02:46 PM
You are all on the ground now staring at the uniformly cut grass. Listen check.

sickler
2008-03-03, 02:50 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Listen: [roll0]

EDIT: OOC:
We should probably have developed a marching order earlier when we first left the city. I'd volenteer something along the lines of:
Front ----------------------------- Back
Fighter - Rogue - Monk - Druid - Barbarian

Zombie pixe
2008-03-03, 04:14 PM
((i said that i would stand behind the Fighter, i would really not like to go at the back :smallannoyed: ))

Listen [roll0]

Yami
2008-03-03, 06:52 PM
Listen [roll0]

"So... onward then?" Riffle prompts, waiting for someone else to start moving.

Badgerish
2008-03-04, 04:12 AM
listen: [roll0]

((no-face will gravitate towards being close enough to the front to scout))

borninbones
2008-03-04, 05:20 PM
Those of you that rolled above a 15

You hear a strange whining sound that you do not recognize. You turn towards the sound and can see a large spinning metal disc protruding from the wall almost all the way to the jungle. It is 40' in width and bent on CUTTING THE GRASS!!!! MWHAHAHAHA!!! It is moving rather slowly towards you. (about 5 feet per round) Picture a giant sawblade sticking vertically away from the wall at about knee height.

Those of you that did not

You hear some bugs whining. The dogs seem a little restless.


WHAT DO YOU DO!?

Yami
2008-03-04, 09:27 PM
Wide eyed, the monk dashes past no face into the jungle. Once safely away from the vicious looking oddity he looks about to regain his bearings, making sure nothing else is ready to jump out at him.

Badgerish
2008-03-05, 05:04 AM
Somewhat confused by Riffle's reaction, No-Face will follow the monk into the jungle (just moving at a normal pace, leading his ugly-looking dog as opposed to riding it)

sickler
2008-03-05, 05:34 AM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Zeig coils up his rope and returns it to the side of his dog's saddle. "We should keep heading to the human city, I guess." he states blandly, wondering to himself if the monk is as batty as the druid.

Volug
2008-03-05, 08:10 AM
((YAY! Laptop fixed:smalltongue: Rolling first, then the RP))

[roll0]

Animal companion
[roll1]

Do you hear that brother?
Merguyn glances back to see the metal disk, still walking at a slightly slower pace.

What's this? A plant I've never seen? No, that's impossible! Looks a bit sharp, doesn't it? Hurhurhurhur...

He glances at everyone still walking.
Run! Or you may not have any more legs to run with!

Merguyn laughs in his usual high-pitched manner, and leads his wolf to the jungle a bit faster in order to out-run the metal disk.

Badgerish
2008-03-06, 05:33 AM
No-Face looks back to see what Merguyn was ranting about and sees the device whirring behind him. "what in the world?"

No-Face then runs flat out into the jungle, leading his riding dog. He will leave the dog at least 15' away from the edge of the grassed area, then double back to the edge of the jungle/grassed area to see if he can see anymore of the mechanism driving this fiendish (yet wonderful) device

climb: [roll0] to get about 10' in a tree at the edge of the jungle, to get a better look (can't check my sheet, i have either +1 or +2 to climb)

spot: [roll1] to make out more details on the device, including how fast it's rotating

Zombie pixe
2008-03-06, 02:39 PM
gah! run!!!

Grolum runs as fast as he can away from the blade (into the jungle)

sickler
2008-03-06, 03:44 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Noticing the blade, Zeig is a bit startled at first but observing its slow movement he just walks his hound and himself to the jungle edge and crawls into the underbrush.

"Strange things out here, we'll definately have to stay alert." Zeig ponders for a few moments, "I'm curious what that blade is supposed to do, other than cut everything in its way... maybe it is to form a path so we don't have to crawl through this jungle."

borninbones
2008-03-06, 07:45 PM
The blade slowly moves by. It is traveling at about 5' per round and is in no descriptive hurry. You watch it pass as it continues to run along the hole in the wall.

Fearis looks very shook up about the not so near miss with the BLADE OF DOOM! "Maybe this isn't such a good idea. I mean sharp metal flying things? That can't be good right?" He has obviously lost his nerve.

Yami
2008-03-07, 06:38 AM
"Then we return to town?" Riffle asks. "I mean, we've already found a great view over here and some wierd metal thingy that's potentally dangerous if you happen to be immobile and in it's path. That's more than anyone else right? I'm sure no one else really cares about the human, or it's town."

It was a great achievement he had to admit. Far more exciting than anyhting else he'd done. The monk just wasn't sure if he wanted to go back to his old live of less pleasant servitude just yet. Besides, save for the grass thing, they'd found no threats out here, and that could hardly be called a threat.

"Perhaps we can scout about for something else on our way back too? it's not like we can just shimmy up that cliff again."

Zombie pixe
2008-03-07, 01:02 PM
no, i say let us go forward, into the horrors of not being home for tea!

and with that silly little speach, groluym heads off into the jungle, not wating for the others to follow...

sickler
2008-03-07, 02:38 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

"Pwahahaha!" Zeig alters his voice to sound like a moaning child, "Mu-mu-mummy, I'm sc-scared of big metal thingie, wah wah! Pwahahahahahaa!"

Snickering at his own humor, Zeig continues through the jungle after Grolum.

borninbones
2008-03-09, 08:25 AM
The forest seems to thin as you enter a clearing. There is a kobold sitting in the middle of the field. He has his legs crossed and is wearing very little. From what you know of kobolds, this is not normal. His eyes are closed and his hands are on his knees. He does not move as you approach.

Zombie pixe
2008-03-09, 10:53 AM
Um... any ideas?

*at kobold*

Hey! you know where there is the nearest human settlement?

Badgerish
2008-03-09, 02:20 PM
no-face face-palms at groluym's abrupt introduction, then dismounts and leads his ugly-looking dog off to the side of the others, discreetly readying his crossbow.

((how large is the clearing? what shape is it? are there any other relevant things around?))

spot: [roll0]

borninbones
2008-03-10, 09:38 PM
It isn't a large clearing. On the southern edge for the clearing is an abandoned cabin within sight of the remains of a pyre with animal or humanoid bones. The runes are some ways from the kobold (like a hundred feet) and quite old. The kobold is facing south.

The clearing itself is roughly circular about 200 feet in diameter.

The kobold opens a singular eye and peers at each of you in turn. Speaking perfect goblin "I am the west and the bird is the... oh forget it. Its to the southwest." He gestures. "Careful though, there is an orc settlement somewhere between here and there. They seem to view any races shorter then them as weak." He closes his eye again. "Feel free to leave some lunch for the information."

Badgerish
2008-03-11, 09:19 AM
no-face smiles underneath his bandages, clear and honest communication (well, apparently), volunteering information and not being afraid to ask for a little in return.

he will leave his crossbow holstered on his dog and separate one-day's rations from his pack (only a half-share if he sees other goblins doing the same, it wasn't much information after all)

sickler
2008-03-11, 02:51 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

"What an inhospitable fellow you are," scorns Zeig "you would expect a lone kobold like you to offer us great goblin heros a place to stay and some dinner in exchange for tales of our glory." The last part came out with a stifled chuckle. Seeing No-Face pulling out some of his rations to leave though, Zeig pauses for a moment then draws one of his chunks of meat from his backpack.

"Anything else we should know about this jungle before I give you this tasty meal for such simple information? We've already seen one or two strange things out here." Zeig glances around cautiously as if to expect another metal disc.

If the kobold tells them any more, Zeig will set his meat down by the kobold.
If the kobold remains silent, Zeig will simply toss his meat on the ground.

borninbones
2008-03-12, 09:27 PM
"As it pains me to hear this and as it pains me to say this, beware the children." He sighs, "they are not what they seem..."

"Oh yes, while easily avoidable there are several large metal discs that cut everything in their path, you might want to avoid them too. They run circular around the outside of the valley."

"The house isn't mine and I have no protest to anyone using, take it up with the owner,He gestures to the ruined shack. "if there is an owner."

"Thank you for your 'gifts'. they are most pleasent."


Things you can do:
Go south
Head for the Tower in the east
Go north to uncharted area
Investigate the shack or funeral pyre
Or something else

Badgerish
2008-03-13, 05:30 AM
No-Face will lay his food infront of the meditating kobold, nod to him, then go and investigate the remains of the cabin.

search [roll0]

he will leave his ugly-looking dog outside the cabin, as he carefuly looks around.

borninbones
2008-03-13, 11:20 AM
You find a small ash-covered small shortsword.

Volug
2008-03-13, 12:17 PM
Merguyn and his wolf animal companion are not far off at all, however they were apparently not entirely focused on the Kobold.

They are as of now near the cabin.

Who do you think this ruined down old shack belonged to brother? Apparently they didn't like it... No, no they didn't if they left it here, doesn't seem like there is anyone living here, no no...

Merguyn pokes his head into the cabin.
Heluuuuu? Anyone in here?

When he see's No-face, he seems somewhat displeased that the owner isn't there. He talks to him in a less, happy-bouncy voice as he usually speaks in.

Oh, just you is it? Well I hope you found something, if you didn't look harder. There might be something interesting there I could use... Yes...

borninbones
2008-03-13, 03:40 PM
((gonna need a search check from you, Merguyn))

Volug
2008-03-13, 04:45 PM
((He's not technically searching, just looking inside glancing. Though I'll put in a search AND a spot check just in case you want one.))

[roll0]
[roll1]

borninbones
2008-03-13, 06:38 PM
You find a small iron bowl on the ground, concave side down. If you lift it up, there is nothing underneath.

sickler
2008-03-13, 07:55 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

((Could we get more info on this "Tower in the east"? Is that back to the city?))

Walking over to the cabin, Zeig states, "Well, I guess we'll need to decide our new heading from here. But if this kobold says we have to beware of even children, we should be cautious when approaching unknown people." Zeig finishes this with a cough and a slight gesture motioning towards Grolum.

borninbones
2008-03-14, 03:22 PM
The pearl white tower is to the east ((the goblin city is to the west)). It seems rather wide at the base and gets skinnier as it climbs towards the heavens. On a guess you might say it is 30-50 feet tall (from here anyway). It has a bright pink stripe that spirals up the tower.

Fearis pipes up that they should follow what the elders said and continue toward the tower. The kobold starts eating the meat you gave him, raw.

Badgerish
2008-03-16, 06:20 AM
No-Face will examine the shortsword (maker's mark, detailing etc) then wrap it up in one of my bags and store it.

(rolling to examine the sword, know:local or appraise, both are at the same level) [roll0]

Then No-Face will leave the ex-cabin and mount up again.

borninbones
2008-03-16, 11:23 AM
So which way does the party head? You can still head south, west, north or back to the city?

Yami
2008-03-18, 12:35 PM
Until someone pipes up otherwise, Riffle will strike out towards the east, on the lookout for these children he's been warned of.

borninbones
2008-03-20, 01:33 PM
Assuming everyone follows Riffle, you re-enter the jungle. The going is slow and you have to use your weapons to hack through the jungle. It is almost nightfall before you reach the foot of the white tower. As you exit the jungle, there is about 20 feet between you and the tower itself. A small white door leads into the tower. Standing in front of the door are two small children dressed in white. When they see you, they dash into the building.

What do you do?

borninbones
2008-03-26, 12:58 PM
Ok, you could also go up and knock on the door. You could turn around or head in a completely opposite direction. Fearis options for someone to run up, drop the bag of holding and flee the scene. After all, you did find some humans...

sickler
2008-03-26, 08:05 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

After hearing Fearis' suggestion, Zeig is filled with a defiant courage. "We should at least knock, if not enter the tower itself. These might not even be the kids that kobold was talking about. As long as we're all cautious, there shouldn't be much danger to strong goblins like us." Finishing his sentence, Zeig realised a weakness in this plan. I woulder if these idiots can actually control themselves instead of blurting out at everything they see...

borninbones
2008-03-26, 09:00 PM
"It still sounds like a good idea to me." Fearis looks over at Zeig. "But you are right. What should we do?"

Badgerish
2008-03-27, 04:58 AM
No-Face will take a quick look around the outside of the tower looking for points of entry and similar things. what's the door like? what windows are there within 20' of the ground? what's the tower made from?

search check, if required: [roll0]

After circling the tower, he will return to the others

borninbones
2008-03-27, 01:32 PM
There is one entrance with a wooden. It doesn't looked reinforced. The tower, while limestone in appearance actually seems to be painted granite. You note an overgrown set of doors leading down into the ground. You would easily assume that they lead to the cellar. They are also wooden but appear to be slightly rotten with a rusted lock.

sickler
2008-04-01, 08:35 PM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Observing No-Face efficiently scout out the surroundings of the tower and finding nothing of danger, Zeig sighs in relief, "Looks good, eh?"

Zeig coughs to clear his throat then faces the group and announces, "I'm not keen on human behavior, so just try not to speak unless spoken to and keep yours hands to yourself. If any danger shows itself, we're to stick together and leave with all haste." Giving no time for anyone to question or comment, Zeig turned and strode up to the front door and gave it three sound taps with his fist.

Zombie pixe
2008-04-02, 03:07 PM
Grolum

Shrugging, grolum wanders over to around 5 feet behind No-face, where he will wait patiently, musing to himself about what is in this tower.

borninbones
2008-04-03, 03:21 PM
The door opens a little of its own accord with a resounding creek. The interior is dark and you instinctively switch over to your darkvision. The tower seems much larger on the inside then it does on the outside. You can see stairs going up and down on the other side of the room and you do not see any children. The floor looks stone as do the walls, the same granite the tower is made of. Everything is eerily quiet. What do you do?

Badgerish
2008-04-04, 02:29 AM
no-face looks at the inside of the tower, then the outside, then back inside.

scratching his head, he mumbles "that's not right... that's...huh?"

no-face walks around the tower again, to confirm it's impossability and to get to the sunken cellar doors.

lockpick [roll0]

borninbones
2008-04-04, 01:13 PM
The lock gives but the door collapses inwards threatening to bring you with it.

Reflex save

Badgerish
2008-04-05, 05:57 AM
reflex: [roll0]

Zombie pixe
2008-04-05, 09:00 AM
((how long has no-face been gone? if it is longer than 5 mins I will go looking for him.))

borninbones
2008-04-07, 05:42 PM
No-face falls into the hole taking no damage from the fall. He has been gone about a minute. After a minute of your eyes adjusting, you are in an old wine cellar. It is very dark, but you can still see with your darkvision.

I need a listen check from everyone else on the other side of the building to see if you heard No-face fall.

sickler
2008-04-07, 09:17 PM
Listen: [roll0]

Badgerish
2008-04-08, 01:30 PM
roughly what shape is the cellar? any doors/steps? anything else of interest?

borninbones
2008-04-08, 02:54 PM
From where you are, you can see the steps about 20' to your right.

The hackles stand up on the back of your neck. Something about this room just aint right. Despite the fact that you can't see anything, you don't feel alone.

Badgerish
2008-04-08, 05:11 PM
No-Face draws his morningstar and (quietly and observantly) heads to the steps, hopeing to get upto ground level and the open front door.

Zombie pixe
2008-04-09, 10:06 AM
Listen: [roll0]

borninbones
2008-04-09, 02:35 PM
Grolum and Zeig

since you are still at the open front door, you see a small child dressed in white coming up the stairs on the far side of the room.

No-face

You reach the top of the stairs and can see Grolum standing outside the still open front door.

Zombie pixe
2008-04-09, 03:07 PM
Wha...?

*i look confused at Zeig and ready my weapon (great axe)*

borninbones
2008-04-09, 03:36 PM
Just a brief description of the tower itself. It is made of granite painted white. It has a pink stripe spiraling up the outside, also painted. It is conical in shape. It goes up 7 stories into the sky. It is about 60 foot in diameter. The stairs are spiral metal, semi-opposite the front door. They go both down into the ground and up into the ceiling. The basement is about 70 in diameter. The 2nd floor is about 55 feet in diameter. The floors about 10' between the other.

sickler
2008-04-10, 01:29 AM
Zeig (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8816)

Taking one step forward so he stands in the frame of the door, Zeig announces to the ascending child simply, "Hello child." and cautiously awaits a response or reaction.

Badgerish
2008-04-10, 05:25 AM
(assuming i hear Zeig normally)

No-Face will quickly turn and check the staircase behind him, looking for this 'child'.

(Assuming he doesn't see anyone)
No-Face will turn back and question Zeig "What child Zeig? I tried the cellar door at the back, but it was old and rotten!"

He will then step into the ground-floor room and look around, keeping close to the walls.

borninbones
2008-05-13, 08:40 PM
Zeig, you hear the voice of no-face from the child. After shaking your head that it can't be right, the illusion fades enough for you to tell that it is no-face but with an illusion over him. As you stare at him, all of you look up. The ceiling above you is creeking. There is someone upstairs! The stairs are right beside Zeig.

What do you do?

Options: Run up the stairs, leave the tower, something completely different, sneak up the stairs, do a shadow puppet version of the Iliad.

Badgerish
2008-05-15, 05:36 AM
No-Face shall sneak to the bottom of the stairs and try to gauge more info about what's upstairs

listen: [roll0]

If he can't hear anything worthwhile, he will attempt to sneak up the stairs

move silently: [roll1]
hide: [roll2]

If he can hear anything of importance, he will whisper it to the group then stealthily climb the steps

borninbones
2008-05-18, 08:40 AM
You hear a high pitched voice but are unable to make out what it is that they are saying. As you slowly reach the top of the stairs, you see one of the human children pull a small sized spear off of the wall. Next to it, the other child is pulling off a spiked chain. They are clearly unaware of your presence.

Zombie pixe
2008-05-18, 10:31 AM
Grolum walks absentmindely into the tower, and looks curiously at Zeig and No-Face.

borninbones
2008-05-20, 08:22 PM
No-face is sneaking up the stairs, zeig is on the bottom level. Both have their weapons drawn. No-face seems to be looking at something.

No-face, what do you do?

Badgerish
2008-05-21, 05:21 AM
no-face will draw a dagger and deftly flick it at one of these disguised, armed figures (I'll aim at the one with the spiked chain)

OOC: I need to confirm my math for this
+3 (dex) +1 (size) +1 (pointblankshot) to hit
1d3 (small dagger) +1 (pointblankshot) (19/x2) +1d6 (SNEAK ATTACK, Bitch!)

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

After throwing the knife, he will note what effect it had, (If he has time) then dash down the stairs to the others

There's two of them up there, with weapons!

initiative: [roll3]

Zombie pixe
2008-05-21, 03:33 PM
((this is after no-face comes down and shouts))

Hah!! Time for fun!

*Grolum draws his greataxe and prepares to fight*

[roll0] Initiative

borninbones
2008-05-26, 01:46 PM
The halfling fighter whirls around to watch you flee down the stairs. Both of them take flight after you with weapons at the ready. As they charge down the stairs the male throws the spear at you. At this point, based on their complexions and practiced movements, you can tell that they are full grown halflings disguised as children.

[roll0]
[roll1]

borninbones
2008-05-29, 01:09 PM
sorry about that...
Their initiative is a 4. Bad roll.

Zombie pixe
2008-05-31, 03:11 PM
((ok im back))

I Rage and Attack

Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

This is at the one with the chain.

Badgerish
2008-06-01, 05:25 AM
no-face will take position by the side the of the stairwell, in order to attack the halflings as they come down the stairs (normal attacks/AoOs as decided by the GM)

morningstar: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

borninbones
2008-06-01, 07:58 AM
The halflings are obviously practiced fighters. Their lack of armor proves to be a large downfall. The one armed with the spiked chain goes down in the powerful hit delivered by Grolum. The male halfling dodges the attack from No-Face. He takes his attack unarmed, but his skill in hand to hand seem to prevent you from finding an opening in his attacks. He flails at No-Face, punching and kicking him.

Flurry of Blows
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

borninbones
2008-06-01, 08:01 AM
See how much the board roller just LOVES ME?

critical miss dc15 to attempt dropping weapon in the instance of a natural weapon or unarmed attack the dc is to avoid falling prone.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Grolum
No-Face
What do you do?

Zombie pixe
2008-06-01, 09:05 AM
Bwahahaha!!! die die die!!!

Grolum screams as he hacks down the halfling, swinging again at the otehr halfling and cackilng evily, with blood spraying his face.

Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

borninbones
2008-06-01, 09:33 AM
squishy.

The halfling goes down.

Assuming you search the bodies instead of leaving the poor lonely loot all alone...

50 gp in a pouch and a rusty key. 1 small sized spiked chain (plain old, remember that is an exotic weapon) 1 small sized longspear.

Assuming you head up the stairs, it opens up into a slightly smaller round room. It is filled with bunks and weapons racks. The weapons are rusted but you may be able to find something of use with a search check. The bunks are all made except 2. There is enough space for 20 people. There is a door on the other side of the room.

I have pmed Zeig to see if he is still with us.

Zombie pixe
2008-06-01, 09:40 AM
Jumping around gleefuly Grolum dances upon the corpses, then hacks the right hand of each corpse and ties them into his belt. After this he charges upstairs and waits for the rest of the party, looking for more combat before his rage ends...

((I am NOT waiting so i can pounce on our party, that is something I will do at a higher level, with Levels in Frenzied Beserker... :smallamused:))

(2 rounds of rage left)

Badgerish
2008-06-02, 06:12 AM
no-face will take the coin-pouch, key and the dagger he threw at the 1st halfling; he will then go upstairs and check on the door there.

checking for traps/features: [roll0]

If he finds no traps, no-face will attempt to open the door with the rusty key, if that doesn't work, he will gleefully break out his lockpicks

borninbones
2008-06-04, 04:34 PM
In front of you is yet another set of stairs. As you climb the stairs, you find a dilapidated wizard study and the VERY dead corpse of said wizard. Next to him is a letter binding a tribe of halflings to his service. Even as you are reading it, it turns to dust. After having searched the room; you find a glowing key, a globe (albiet your characters dont know what it is), and a tent. What do you do?

borninbones
2008-06-06, 07:01 PM
You also find a map. It is a little smudged and hard to read but it has path leading to what may be a city.

Zombie pixe
2008-06-07, 03:17 PM
Grolum will take the tent, and stare aimlesly out of the window while the others do their stuff.

Badgerish
2008-06-08, 06:04 AM
no-face shall take the map and the glowing key.

(OOC: when you say 'globe' i presume you mean a spherical-map-of-the-world thing? if so, how large is it? if not, what exactly is it and how large is it?)

borninbones
2008-06-09, 01:45 PM
Grolum: to the south you can see smoke gently rising in the distance.

No-Face: Yes its about the size of a goblin head.

As you leave the tower, assuming you do, the map alludes that the human city is to the west. Which way do you go? Fearis has been hiding outside the whole time.

If the human city is there, its about 2 days away. The smoke did not look far away at all, maybe an hour tops.

Zombie pixe
2008-06-09, 01:57 PM
Grolum takes the lead, swagering with as much charisma as a goblin barbarian can mannage. ((actually, i have 11 charisma, so dont mock me! :smalltongue:))

Grolum will pay no exceptional heed to the surrounding, but is not moving at any great speed. We go in the direction of the smoke? Thats the same as the Human settelment?

Badgerish
2008-06-10, 04:49 AM
(I shall simply mock you for having double-digit charisma :P )

(the smoke is approx 1hour to the south. the human city is approx 2days to the west. I think we came from the north)

No-Face shall head in the direction of the smoke.

Zombie pixe
2008-06-10, 04:58 AM
((well, i think this impressive party is down to two gobbins :smalltongue::smalleek:))

borninbones
2008-06-10, 09:14 PM
sorry about this, will post tomorrow, and yes it looks like we are down to two. do you want to continue, recruit more, or stop entirely?

Zombie pixe
2008-06-11, 04:04 PM
((umm... Im happy, i think you may have to tone down the difficulty of some of the encounters, and remove any magical problems (that or give us an NPC, or hire a new party member?), but im happy to continue. :smallbiggrin:))

borninbones
2008-06-11, 07:08 PM
Alrighty, thanks for suggestions. Fearis just completed his wizard correspondence course (thats the npc). Everyone gains 1500 xp each. And we continue to the smoke of doo- um smokiness. mwhahaha- i mean cough cough. dang allergies.

borninbones
2008-06-13, 03:10 PM
The clearing opens up to a peculiar sight. A white skinned female goblin is obviously struggling with a spell. A summoning spell. In the middle of the summoning circle is a fire elemental. It looks furious and is attempting to break the bounds of the spell and attack the poor defenseless maiden in distress. Assuming you attack the elemental, it is not paying attention to you so you get first attack.

Zombie pixe
2008-06-14, 11:45 AM
How big is the elemental?
How attractive is the Goblin?

Badgerish
2008-06-16, 10:49 AM
OOC: I second those questions, also, how common is white coloration in goblins?

borninbones
2008-06-16, 03:25 PM
It is extrordinarily rare! (high Cha) They always have a penchant for the arcane. They are usually viewed as an omen (good or bad as needed by the government at the time). The elemental is a medium one. You have the drop on it and first attack. What did you take for your second levels?

Zombie pixe
2008-06-16, 03:39 PM
((We got second levels?! Cool, will get that sorted out by tomorow.

Ok then... ))

Grolum will attack the elemental, Raging before he attacks.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

((wow! :smallamused:))

Badgerish
2008-06-16, 06:21 PM
No-Face shall move upto the elemental and attack as well. Next turn he will move to flank.

morningstar: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

(OOC: i have updated most of my sheet)

borninbones
2008-06-17, 07:06 PM
Wow. Bob the elemental is not having a good day. First he woke up and the kids had eaten all the Crispy Cook. He tried to go to work only to find the teleportation circle was out of order and he had to walk in the rain, do you know how bad that is for an elemental? He was pleading for a raise when BAM He gets summoned by some wet-behind-the-ears sorcerercess who wants to know if SHE LOOKS GOOD IN BLACK! He got so angry that he flew off the handle at her only to be beat down by two other goblins. Bob is thinking of moving to australia now.

Btw, he dissapears in a puff of smoke. Lots a damage in a short period of time.

The Girl puts her hands on her knees. (in goblin) "Whew. Thanks a lot. That was not cool. My name is Penny. Thank you so much for your help."

borninbones
2008-06-20, 01:37 PM
Penny will look up at the two of you. "So what brings the two of you to the Cauldera?"

Zombie pixe
2008-06-20, 03:44 PM
*Jaw hangs open*

((this should be taken as a "looking Stupid action" and will use up all my time.

also, i have little time on here, so this is jsut a filler untill then, i will do something tomorow, promise on the RAF game i am running))

borninbones
2008-06-20, 09:14 PM
Penny looks at you funny. "What? Have you never seen an albino goblin before?" Fearis will gently push Grolum's mouth up to a normal position.

Fearis "We are headed to the human city. What my friend here is trying to say is that he would love for you to join us, isnt that right? Grolum?"

Zombie pixe
2008-06-21, 03:22 PM
...What? Oh... Yeah... :smallredface: yeah, would you, um... like to join us...? ...Please?

Badgerish
2008-06-21, 04:01 PM
no-face scratches his head at his colleagues and look confused, then he shrugs and has a walk around the clearing, looking for anything out of place.

borninbones
2008-06-24, 01:31 PM
Search check.

Penny now talks in this color.

"I would be happy to join you."

Badgerish
2008-06-25, 06:50 AM
search: [roll0]

(no-face's action was mostly just for something to do, but hey)

edit: remembered something else i can do

No-Face also checks over his morningstar, to make sure it wasn't damaged by being used to disrupt (i.e. SMASH) the elemental, which jogs his memory about another weapon and ashes.

No-Face stops and rummages through his backpack to find the sword he found in the burnt out lodge near the Kobold.

He offers it to both Penny and the other one. "Don't suppose you have seen a sword like this before? I couldn't see a maker's mark before"

borninbones
2008-07-02, 02:01 PM
((i don't know what is going on, but I have replied twice and neither time have they shown up on this thread... One more time now!))

Your weapons are undamaged.

The girl goblin takes a look at the sword and shakes her head as she hands it back. "Its not one I am familiar with. It looks draconian, my guess its made by a kobold. But I don't know for sure. Shall we get going?"

Search check result. As you are searching the clearing, you stumble across a half buried treasure chest. After having dug it up, you find a wand. The girl takes it and hands it back to you, "Its a divine wand. I don't recognized the spell it." In the chest are 4 small blue vials that smell of almonds.

As you gather up and head the girls cabin in the woods, you pass a small graveyard; the stones are unmarked. On the opposite side is a small cabin. She is headed towards the cabin. What, if anything, do you do?

Zombie pixe
2008-07-02, 02:45 PM
I follow the girl to the cabin. ((yes, madly in love and all that...))

Badgerish
2008-07-02, 05:24 PM
No-face also follows penny to the cabin

borninbones
2008-07-06, 12:00 PM
Once you get inside the house you are greeted with the rustic smell of earth. It is dark in the cabin so your eyes switch to Darkvision. There is a table with a bench made out of aged pine. There are a series of dusty jars on a shelf to the right; a cot lies off to the left. Penny is ransacking a chest at the foot of the bed. She is pulling things out and dumping them into a backpack. After a moment of filling the bag, she stands up and smiles. "All set, lets go!"

Choices: explore the house, leave, something completely different

Note: Fearis decided to remain outside. He seems a little creeped out when you decide to come out.

Badgerish
2008-07-07, 12:08 PM
no-face will simply follow Penny out

Zombie pixe
2008-07-08, 02:40 PM
Grolum will look around the hut. ((take 10))

borninbones
2008-07-08, 04:40 PM
The cabin is overtly musty as the floor is dirt. The jars are filled with a greenish liquid that upon further examination is filled with small animals and random body parts. "Those were here when I moved in." There looks like there is a small amount of dust on them and well everything else for that matter.