PDA

View Full Version : Ruins of Greyhawk-IC



Grymmheart
2008-02-18, 08:40 PM
Five days have past since your last campaign, but it feels like a month. Travelling this weary road, you hope to arrive at the city of Greyhawk soon to search for new work. Each is itching in their own way to lay low the frustration that affects each of you for failing to capture the mercenary leader that was terrorizing the locals you sought to protect. After being asked to leave, you siliently curse both the citizens and yourselves for failing.


It's been hours since you saw another soul on the River Road to the Free City of Greyhawk. The rushing waters of the Selintan echo up the deep river gorge on your left, breaking the silence with an undercurrent of low, ominous thunder. As you crest a low hill, a small settlement comesinto view some 100 yards ahead. Perhaps a dozen weather-beaten shacks and hovels crowd around a crossroads where the River Road branches west across the looming stone expanse of Zagig's Bridge. Two caravan wagons crowd the center of the crossroads, their ransacked contents strewn about the road. At least three humanoid corpses litter the ground nearby, along with the carcasses of three horses.

Several orcs in leather armor pick at the remains of a caravan in the middle of the River-Road, just in front of Zagig's Bridge. Others are kicking in the doors of the nearby hovels. Judging by the screams issuing from within, their business is not benign. Overlooking the whole scene is a massive statue of a robed man holding a longsword, pointing across the bridge into a craggy
spur of the Cairn Hills.. Atop the bridge's framework looms a cloaked and hooded figure mounted on a mammoth draconic beast with a long tail ending in a wicked barb. This leader seems to be directing the raiders in their grisly business.


River Road (http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg81/dwjeff98/River-roadunlabeled.jpg)

enter from west (left) of map, still 100 yards away. appears group of orcs has not seen you. Make initiative roll but battle will not start until fully approach.

Can just make roll in spoiler instead of rolls thread, saves time

Zed's Dead
2008-02-22, 10:11 PM
Ulric Gan-Tai, Elven CG Ranger1/Barbarian 7

Ulric readies an arrow and pulls the bow taut as he runs toward the villiage.

Orcs! Slaughtering innocents! I will kill them first.

Ulric runs toward the villiage. (40 feet X 4 = 160 feet)
Initiative [roll0]

Valdin
2008-02-24, 01:09 PM
No you fool! We need to.... aw hells. Nisheet does several deep knee bends and rolls his shoulders to loosen everything up, as he remarks to the party. If we survive this we oughta talk strategy. Then suddenly leaning forward he sprints off after the barbarian.

Full run, 120 feet.

Karaswanton
2008-02-24, 01:16 PM
Kiran also runs toward them, drawing his longbow, and hiding.


Initiative[roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Sneeks
2008-02-25, 01:41 AM
Erik had been travelling awhile, and was pleased to finally discover some life in the little hamlet about a longbow's range away. It was a lonely journey thus far, and some company would be good.

And then he spotted the orcs in the background, attacking a hovel. A warrior might have jumped in and shouted with all his guts, but he wasn't that brave. Instead the little halfling turned tail and ran, plunging into some undergrowth near the road. Terrified eyes kept peeking out at the danger so far ahead, as he mumbled to himself, "This is bad.This is bad.This is Bad.This is Bad.This is Bad..."

Doberler
2008-02-25, 03:07 AM
Lisin

When Nisheet addresses him, Lisin nods his agreement. "Yes I've always been a fan of-" He was cut off as the man sprinted after Ulric. "-strategy"

"Well..." He said, "That was productive."

As that left his lips he decided that it was about time he caught up to his party


[roll0]
Run action to move 120 feet

Grymmheart
2008-02-25, 08:09 AM
Caught up in his own musings of their failed campaign,Geirhart fails to initially notice the screams coming from the small halmet they are approaching. "Well where are you off to in such a hurry?" he calls as he watches the others run off. Hefting his gear, he too turns his feet loose, and runs toward the screams. [i]'Maybe this time we can show our worth as a group, for Hextor's sake I hope so,' he thinks to himself.


[roll0]
running 60' per round, boohoo, gonna miss some early combat.

Grymmheart
2008-02-25, 08:22 AM
DM-End of Round 1

As Ulric first departs from his companions' side, the others stand frozen for a split second, before all take off after him. That is all but the fearful Erik, who finds security behind a small bush. As the group runs, Ulric quickly outdistances the others, while Geirhart lumbers up the rear with his cumbersome armor hindering his full sprint.

As you approach, you are able to get a better sense of the scene ahead. The few orcs you see still seem engrossed in their current activity and appear to have failed to see your group.


Full run will see Ulric at edge of map. I figured I could have all make individual spot/listen checks to gain added info but I am not sure it is worth slowing the scene down that much for such individualized info at this point.

More info at end of next round coming, and possibly a modified map, if I have time to label it with orc positions. Otherwise I will just give you coordinates.

Could the missing initiative rolls by Erik and Nisheet be made this round?

Initiative
ulric 27
Kiran 25
Nisheet 20
Lisin 17
geirhart 13
Erik 9

Sneeks
2008-02-25, 12:03 PM
Erik

Initiative: 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507337/)

It wasn't too hard for Erik to spot the oncoming fighters, but hesitation and fear still had a hold of him. It's best if I probably follow them close enough to help, but if they are helping the orcs rather than hindering... I might want to still escape.

Moving slowly, he'll attempt to follow the group but maintain his distance.. about 50 feet behind.

Zed's Dead
2008-02-25, 12:15 PM
Ulric's runs at full speed, his arrows and bow in his left hand.

Move 40X4=160 feet. He ends up at square 1-X, on the other side of the building from the orcs looting the caravan. He braces himself for his first attack.

Grymmheart
2008-02-25, 12:54 PM
Geirhart

Geirhart continues his run, hoffing loudly as his heavy armor betrays his desire for rapid movement.

moves another 60', 3 more agonizing rounds to reach the combat.

Valdin
2008-02-25, 01:04 PM
Nisheet

Seeing Ulric heading straight for a building, Nisheet veers right so his path will take him behind the buildings.


initiative [roll0]

Grymmheart
2008-02-25, 01:16 PM
DM- Mid Round 2

As Ulric gains safety behind the edge of the hovel he fully takes in the sight of two orcs rummaging around the overturned cart (location Q-13,S-14). He also spies another lone orc behind the wagon (P-21). Upon the bridge's framework sits a hooded figure mounted upon a draconic beast. He appears to be moving his arms in some arcane manner, although not looking in any particular direction.

I am assuming others are continuing their run, but will wait till tomorrow to make end of round 2 post, unless I hear from everyone. Although opeing post mentioned it, Ulric should have had the first view of the leader upon the draconic beast.

Grymmheart
2008-02-26, 09:45 AM
DM -End of Round 2

Ulric turns to the others attempting to signal what he sees in front of him. Nisheet and Lisin recognize that he is pointing at four locations within the hamlet. From previous combat with the fleet footed barbarian, you understand that he is notifying you of 4 combatants and their presumed locations. As Lisin and Nisheet, close on the town you both get a better view of two orcs rummaging in front of the closest overturned wagon with their backs to you, and a glimpse of the hooded figure on the draconic beast. You both are still a good 60' from the nearest hovel.

Kiran continues his run, still about 140' from the nearest hovel. If he had time to look, he may have noticed a short halfling hidden within the bushes just off to his left, but the situation does not permit that luxury.

Geirhart curses his choice of armor this day, as he watches his companions outpace him. 'They better leave me a kill,' he mutters to himself as he continues on still about 180' from the nearest house.



Ulric can wait for the Lisin and Nisheet to arrive with a double move by the end of this round, or take an action as he sees fit. Ulric needs to make a hide/move silent check in either case to avoid the notice of the orcs at the end of this round/begining of next round.

Again for clarity, Ulric at house corner X-1, Lisin and Nisheet still 60' off left of map, they along with Ulric clearly see orcs at Q-13 and S-14 and the draconic beast at H-22. Ulric also sees orc at P-21.

Kiran 1.5-2 rds from map, Erik 1.5-2 rds from map if he gets up now and runs. Geirhart 3 rds from map.

Sneeks
2008-02-26, 10:26 AM
Erik

The halfling was pretty surprised by the sudden burst in speed that these folks had. "Wow.. yeah.. dese folks is chargin into battle... Guessin it's okay to join then."

He goes about 20 feet before coming to a dead stop. If there was a time to throw a fireball.. it'd be when the potential allies weren't nearby.

At the top of his lungs, Erik will shout, "Watch out!" After taking a half second to regain his concentration, he'll follow with "Open the curtain!" He peels his hands forward and opens an imaginary curtain. The resulting fireball will shoot from his position into the largest clump of orcs he can see.

Long range spell, so if he's under 400' away, this should make it. Reflex 19, save half - Dmg: [roll0]

Zed's Dead
2008-02-26, 11:52 AM
Ulric Gan-Tai, wood-elf ranger/barbarian

Bracing his back against the side of the building, Ulric draws, aims, and fires two arrows in quick succession at the the orc (P-21) on the far side of the road.

1st attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

2nd attack [roll2] damage [roll3]


Ulric shouts above the thickening combat: Hark! They're killing a woman in that hut! He gestures to the building across the road (L-7). I'll cover you if you can save her!

Karaswanton
2008-02-26, 08:39 PM
Kiran

Kiran runs, moving another 80 feet.

Valdin
2008-02-27, 12:31 AM
Nisheet

Glancing at the house Ulric is pointing at, Nisheet realizes Lisin is closer, and decides not to alter his path.


Another full run ending at a11. I assume that big mess is a ruined house, but still able to provide cover. If it is something that I cannot hide behind, end run at Z6. Once there, hide and try to determine what is near me.

Hide: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Grymmheart
2008-02-27, 10:42 AM
Geirhart

Geirhart continues his lumbering run.

Grymmheart
2008-02-27, 11:03 AM
DM- End Round 3

Ulric takes aim with his bow from behind the edge of corner of the hovel. With uncanny precision, his first arrow clips the edge of the wagon that stands between him and his intended prey and flies true to strike the orc in the shoulder. The second arrow flies wide. After the second arrow leaves his bow, he acknowledges the sounds coming from the 2nd house just west of the road and yells to his companions of the critical situation he is sure to be transpiring within.

Kiran continues his run eager to join battle.

Nisheet takes his course behind the hovel that Ulric fired his arrows from, and continues deeper into the town, seeking a hiding spot. Luckily the arrows offer a diversion, and he feels he has successfully hidden.

Lisin veers from the group as he hears Ulric's words and heads toward the hovel that Ulric pointed to. As he closes upon the door, he hears the screams within intensify.

Geirhart continues his run..........

Erik stands tall, well as tall as the short halfling can stand, and he yells a warning as he begins his arcane ritual. He bearly recognizes that the presumed rescuers have cleared a path of destruction for him as he completes his spell. The firey blast starts as a pea sized flash, streaking past the startled Kiran to strike with the center of orcs and downed wagon. Hopefully no living human was laying within the area, as a cloud of fire consumes the two closest orcs, setting fire to the wagon. One orc miraculously dives out of the blast untouched by flames.

As the lowly orcs take the initial onslaught of the heroes, the hooded leader completes a spell, and yells something not understood over the sounds of the blast.



Orc at S-14 toast,
Orc at R-13 now, untouched
Orc at P-21 injured and angry


Lisin- sorry about moving you, will not make a next move for you but finished run to needed door. Currently at N-9, move action needed to open the door.

Nisheet at Z-6, low difficult terrain ahead, nothing to hide behind.

Initiative
Ulric 27
Kiran 25
Nisheet 20
Orcs 19
Lisin 17
Leader 14
Geirhart 13
Erik 9

Zed's Dead
2008-02-27, 11:30 AM
Ulric Gan-Tai

Ulric is impressed with the fiery blast which was shot from somewhere behind him. He assumes it was the war cleric using some new spell.

Hah! Fried bacon, eh, Geirhart? He shouts back over his shoulder.

The orc who somehow dodged the fiery attack (R-13) draws Ulric's attention. Ulric takes a bead on him and fires twice.

Lucky piggy, eh? Luck can only take you so far! WE'LL GET YOU, PIG!

1st attack [roll0] damage [roll1]
2nd attack [roll2] damage [roll3]

Karaswanton
2008-02-27, 05:21 PM
Kiran

Kiran nocks an arrow and shoots at the uninjured orc, the one at R something if he able to. If he is unable to he shoots at the orc which is partially injured. If he can't do that, then he does another run action.


[roll0]
[roll1]

Sneeks
2008-02-27, 07:03 PM
Erik

Erik will scowl, hoping he's done some bit of help to the group. He listens hard to the casting done on the winds and tries to piece together what the spell was. To get a better view, he will run full tilt this round as he does so.


[roll0]
[roll1]
Running at 20' base speed towards the fight.

Sneeks
2008-02-27, 07:05 PM
Labels don't seem to work for me.. so:
Spellcheck (1d20+14) to identify the spell:
[roll0]
And listen to decern what's being said from his position:
[roll1]

Grymmheart
2008-02-28, 07:46 AM
Geirhart-Slow-footed Champion of Hextor

Geirhart continues to curse his slow run to battle.

yipee, one rd to go. Just for ease, Kiran will be a move action from the edge of the map at the end of this turn since he did not complete a full run. Erik will be even with Kiran also (20' off the map)

Valdin
2008-02-29, 10:11 AM
Nisheet

Nisheet pulls his cloak around him and fades from view, as he walks out towards the wagon.

Standard action to use one charge from my cape to go invisible. Move action (30 feet) towards the wagon. I'm not sure how much the terrain slows me, so I'll let you decide where I end up.

Grymmheart
2008-02-29, 10:37 AM
DM- End of Round 4

Ulric and Kiran fire their bows in rapid succession at the lucky orc which avoided the blast. Unfortunately for the orc his luck runs short as one arrow from each of our heroes strike the orc dead center in the chest.

Nisheet scampers behind the rubble to gain position behind the next house in line (W-12), hoping that the orcs do not see him as he employs his skill in moving hidden. As he makes his way across, he notices 2 more orcs at the bridge that begin to move toward the burning wagon, and he sees the draconic beast begin to lift off. He also hears noises coming from the house he stands next to.

Lisin opens the door to the hovel and steps inside to see 2 orcs. 1 standing over a distraught human woman, hugging her child close to her bosom about 10' to his left. The other 15 feet straight ahead turning around at the noise after rummaging through a chest.

Erik completes his run to stand near Kiran and Geirhart continues chugging along.

After taking two brutal shots to the chest and barely fighting off his races tendency to fly into fits of rage, the orc quickly moves toward Ulirc while drawing his throwing axe. At the completion of his move (T-8) he throws the axe at Ulric and clips the side of the house.

The 2 orcs closest to the bridge move behind and around the house on the west side of the River Road to end with cover (M-11,M-14).

The orc behind the burning wagon moves to the east side of the road and ends next to a house that sees another orc step out (W-17, W-15).

The leader and wyvern take wing and fly towards the center of town. They end about 60' up in the air (O-16)

edited some of post to take care of Valdin beating my posting his moves as a NPC

Zed's Dead
2008-02-29, 11:06 AM
Ulric Gan-Tai

As the thrown axe crunches into the side of the building. Ulric laughs.

Can't throw too good with arrows in yer chest, eh, Piggy? Ha ha ha HA!

Still laughing, Ulric sees the large winged beast spring into the air, and decides to shoot the beast first.

Wait, Pig! I'll get you next!


Shooting at the Wyvern, not its rider - 1st attack [roll0] damage [roll1]

2nd attack (wyvern) [roll2] damage [roll3]

Karaswanton
2008-02-29, 12:23 PM
Kiran

Kiran is also concerned by the wyvern.
With that in mind he casts Searing Light at the wyrven:
The righteousness of Al-Asran smites the evil-doer!
[SPOILER]
Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage roll:[roll1]
[SPOILER]

Valdin
2008-03-02, 05:28 AM
Nisheet

Nisheet decides to investigate the noises coming from the building he is next to.

Summon a magic dagger (1 charge, swift action), open the door, if I see an move to within 30 feet of an orc, preferance towards one threatening a civilian. If I still have my standard action left, attack.

attack roll vs flat footed (am invisible)
[roll0]

magic dagger damage with point blank shot
[roll1]

sneak attack damage
[roll2]

Grymmheart
2008-03-03, 07:44 AM
DM- mid round 5

The orcs continue their offensive. After being surprised by a dagger appearing from midair, striking it in the chest, a big smelly orc turns to close in on the newly appearing human while drawing his handaxe. His partner standing 10' behind him, joins him on the move with weapon in hand.

The two orcs within the house close in on Lisin, quickly forgetting about the woman and child.

The orc (M-10) moves in for close combat with Ulric. Ahead of him is his injured companion (T-8) that tosses another axe at Ulrin before moving in while drawing another handaxe. The last visible orc (M-14) is also surprised to see a human appear out of nowhere and is eager to join his companions for some fun so moves toward Nisheet.

The leader and wyvern continue to swoop toward Kiran and Erick, and the lumbering Geirhart. With a hidden grin, the hooded leader casts his own firey blast of death at the area between the huddled Kiran and Erik and slow approaching Geirhart.



I made the orc attacks as in initiative order. Sneeks needs to post in response to this attack. I will post other orcs attacks and damage in the final round post as they will happen to characters that have already moved.

Fireball dmg 19 points, Reflex save DC 15 for 1/2 dmg (for Kiran and Erik)

Initiative
Ulric 27
Kiran 25
Nisheet 20
Orcs 19
Lisin 17
Leader 14
Geirhart 13
Erik 9

Grymmheart
2008-03-03, 07:46 AM
Geirhart

Geirhart stumbles for a second as he is engulfed by the fire blast along with his companion and the new halfling spell tosser. Seeing them still on their feet, he continues his run past them to close in on the orcs moving toward Ulric.

Ends V-1

Sneeks
2008-03-03, 11:07 AM
Erik

The halfling found it suddenly prurient to introduce himself mid-combat. "Hi, I'm Erik... I'm..."

And then he was engulfed in flames.

Attempting to recover from the blow, he'll move 20' away from his companions (so another fireball won't hit the three of them again.) "Oh, we can play that way... fer sure."

Pointing his hands to the sky, he'll fire off a fireball of his own. Silently, of course... so that his new companions don't hear the kid saying 'Open the Curtain' like some kind of crazy idiot.


Reflex Save: [roll0]

Erik's Fireball
Save DC 20 (Silent Spell lvl 4)
Save DC 17
Damage including Extra Edges: [roll1]

Sneeks
2008-03-03, 11:13 AM
Erik

Trying that save and roll again. I guess we can't use 'Preview Post' for rolls like that?

Reflex Save: [roll0]

Damage on Fireball: [roll1]

Grymmheart
2008-03-04, 12:20 AM
DM- End of round 5

Ulric's arrows fly true, but the wyvren seems to shrug off the blows without any discomfort.

Nisheet's dagger strikes true, but his invisibility is broken as a result. The orc moves in(W-13) and attacks the newly appearing human with his handaxe striking true. The orc from behind the wagon, completes his move to offer support on Nisheet but misses with his attack(V-13) and the orc (from M-14) makes a risky move to gain a flanking position on Nisheet (ending at W-11).

The orc that escaped the firey blast tosses his handaxe, before moving and drawing another axe to move into melee range with Ulric (W-2). Ulric is further challenged by the orc (from M-11) that moves toward him (to Q-6)before tossing his axe at the hero. Both of the axes fly wide as Ulric has gained some cover from the corner of the hovel.

Kiran's searing blast strikes the wyvren true, blasting away a small patch of scales, but not altering the beasts course. But its course is staggered by the halfling's blast. In anger it continues its dive and tries to scoop Erik up in it's talons to strike with it's poisoned tail. However the nimble halfling avoids the attack, and the beast continues flying past (about 60' south).

Geirhart completes his run at Ulric's side (W-1)



Nisheet gets an AOO on orc behind him (W-11), and takes 9dmg from orc's attack. Sorry about surrounding you but hey your invis faded with them close enough for some easy orcish pickings (or at least what they think is easy, now for you to prove them wrong)

Zed's Dead
2008-03-04, 02:06 AM
Ulric Gan-Tai

Ulric realizes it's time to kill.

He takes a five-foot step backward (Y-1) and simultaneously sheathes his bow. He then draws his huge greatsword, which is razor-sharp and over five feet long.

Ulric gestures with his head for the orc with arrows in his chest to come closer.

C'mere, Piggy, Piggy, Piggy!

Sneeks
2008-03-05, 11:29 PM
Erik

Both of the halfling's feet shot out in both directions when the flying thing came low. In this position, Erik was easily able to split to the ground and rebound back up after the claws passed overhead.

Having the firepower to spare, he shot another fireball up at the bird.

"Damnable thing... oh... Open the Curtain!"

It appears that this time the halfling forgot to muffle his saying, a sure sign of a lack of discipline.


Fireball DC 17
[roll0]

Valdin
2008-03-06, 04:14 AM
Nisheet

Reacting instantly, Nisheet pulls a hidden dagger and stabs at the passing Orc.

Sudden draw skill trick. Immediate action to draw a dagger and use it during the attack of opportunity. Subject is flat footed and thus sneak attackable. (page 89, complete scoundrel)

attack roll (vs flatfooted)
[roll0]

dagger damage
[roll1]

sneak attack damage
[roll2]

Grymmheart
2008-03-06, 07:25 AM
Geirhart

Geirhart calls upon the fury of Hextor to empower the destructive force of his blows before rearing back his weapon and striking the foul orc.


activate destructive devotion- -1AC per hit on orc, lasts 1 min

att1
crit confirm
[roll1d20+8 att 2
[roll1d20+8crit confirm

[roll2]
[roll3]

Grymmheart
2008-03-06, 07:27 AM
Awaiting Nisheet's and Kiran's round 6 actions


redoing 2nd attack
[roll0] att 2
[roll1]crit confirm

Karaswanton
2008-03-07, 12:05 AM
Kiran


Reflex save: [roll0]
Also, I'm stupid. I didn't notice this was on a second page.


Kiran casts Hold Person (DC 16 Will) if the hooded figure is a Humanoid, and if within range. Otherwise, another arrow at the same orc.

[roll1]

Valdin
2008-03-07, 11:26 AM
Nisheet

Another use the cloak and move to S-13

Grymmheart
2008-03-07, 01:38 PM
DM- End of round 6

Ulric steps back whilst drawing his sword, leaving Geirhart to face the smelly orc alone.

Kiran guesses that the hooded figure is susceptible to his next spell and casts hold person. He feels a battle of wills going on, before the hooded figure stiffens on the back of the Wyvern.

Nisheet finds himself surrounded by 3 orcs, ready to inflict horrible damage. Out of fear or is it wise thinking, he activates his cloak for the second time today and disappears from sight. Whilst invisible he moves away from the orcs to the middle of the street. Unfortunately for him he steps on some stray objects upon the ground and 2 of the orcs look up in his general direction and call out in orcish"Gers eng vegge"
"he's over there"

Those same two orcs reach into the packs and remove a vial to drink. The third orc that surrounded Nisheet earlier moves in the direction his compainions pointed, ending up near the wagon (S-14).

The orc from the middle of the street (around R-9) runs headlong at Geirhart, charging into him with axe held high. His blow connects solidly into Geirhart's side, leaving a nasty gash. His companion tries to add extra power behind his blow and sides wildly at Geirhart, but misses narrowly. Geirhart returns a blow at the orc which first rushed Ulric and hits it solidly two times, before watching it fall dead to the ground. He turns preparing himself to fight the remaining orc facing him.

The leader remains frozen upon the back of the Wyvern as it flies off to the northwest. Erik's fireball connects with the beast and rider, and the wyvern staggers slightly on wing before continuing its flight.

Finally Lisin falls through the doorway bloodied and dying.



Orc 7 moved past Nisheet to reach s-14, so you can do an AOO if you desire.
Nisheet did not actively move silently and moved more than 1/2 his move so would have gained a move silently penalty anyway. Rolled a random 9 box roll which put orc at S-14.

Geirhart took 12 pts of dmg

Valdin
2008-03-11, 04:39 AM
Nisheet

As the orc stumbles blindly by, Nisheet again stabs at his vitals.

AOO
(includes the plus 2 for invisibility)
[roll0]

dagger
[roll1]

sneak
[roll2]

Zed's Dead
2008-03-11, 09:08 AM
Ulric Gan-Tai

Ulric runs forward , his sword low, and slashes upward at the orc engaged with Geirhart.

Grrrrrrrrrraaaaaaah!

Ulric moves to W-0, just off the map, and attacks orc 8 at V-1.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Karaswanton
2008-03-11, 09:21 AM
Kiran

Kiran sees the fallen gith plop out of the doorway and immediately runs to him (to space 09). As part of his run action he drops his bow and draws his mace.
While running, he shouts to Nisheet:
Something took down Lisin. I might need backup!

When he arrives, he sees the orcs in the building and shouts at them.

Sneeks
2008-03-11, 10:39 AM
Erik

A fireball would hurt those already up in front... so... throw a bolt, maybe?

The little halfling takes a second to line himself up with two orcs, drawing his arm backward as if pulling some imaginary bow. "Shoot the bow."

Letting go of the imaginary bow with his right hand, lightning stems from the fingertips on his left. The recoil on his arm sends him back a short distance.


He will line up along the V row, assuming the orcs are still alive in that line. Otherwise he will attempt to line up two orcs and fire. Under no circumstances will he shoot a companion to nail an orc.
Reflex Half DC 17
Damage: [roll0]

Valdin
2008-03-11, 11:23 PM
Nisheet

At his brother's call for help Nisheet drops his dagger and disappears once again.

Last charge today on the cloak. (standard action) Move silently to N10. (30 feet, -5 to the move silently already added to roll) Summon magic dagger (swift action)


Move silently

[roll0]

Grymmheart
2008-03-12, 07:22 AM
Geirhart

Shifting postion to properly face the orc that Ulric injured, Geirhart takes a mighty swing with his flail to dispatch the foe.


[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Grymmheart
2008-03-12, 07:58 AM
DM-End of round 7

Ulric steps forward to swing his mighty weapon. Disregarding accuracy for strength, his swing still finds its mark and cleaves a painful slice down the orc's right flank.

Kiran disregards his own safety for that of his fallen companion and rushes off to see if his divine force can be of help. Reaching Lisin's side, he looks up to see two orcs within the house each with a handaxe in hand. With a gutteral growl they both release their weapons at the priest.

Nisheet nicks the orc as it passes allowing his shroud of invisibility to transpire. Realizing he is still alone near 3 feral orcs, he vanishes again and moves to Kiran's side.

The orc Nisheet nicked was ready for retribution, but in seeing his foe disappear he decided on easier prey. But first he would need to feel stronger. While moving towards Kiran (P-11), the orc removed a stoppered vial and quickly drank its contents.

The orc Ulric hit quickly looked at his two foes and decided on killing the one that took the life of his sister's lover. With deft precision, even with the light sensitivity, the orc swung and hit Geirhart with a telling blow. After drawing blood, he took a step backward to offer some space between he and his foes. (U-1)

The two orcs within the building, having just finishing off Lisin look up eagerly awaiting new blood to see Kiran come into view. With a smile they throw their axes at the form as it looks over its companion. Both axes strike true, causing Kiran grievious wounds.

Having only a brief glimpse of Nisheet before he vanished again, the two orcs left on the east side of the road decided on taking the fight towards Geirhart and Ulric. Moving forward while drawing their throwing axes, they then stopped to launch an attack. Both axes flew wide of their mark, but it did leave the orcs closer to their intended target.

Geirhart shrugged off the blow and stepped forward to attack the injured orc. Swinging his flail with deadly precision, he struck the beast upon the head and it fell unconscious to the ground, its lifeblood slowly spilling.

Erik ever eager to light into his foes with his arcane might fires off a lightning bolt at the two eager orcs. Unawares they stand with a frustrated look as their axes missed the mark, and then begin convulsing as an electric surge fries their brains and bodies. Falling to the ground in lifeless lumps, stares frozen upon their faces.


orcs 1,2,3,4,8 dead

Kiran takes 17 points of damage,
Geirhart 12 points, heals back 3

Remaining 2 orcs in house
and 1 at P-11

Zed's Dead
2008-03-12, 08:30 AM
Ulric Gan-Tai

You crushed him good, Geirhart!

Without hesitation, Ulric sprints across the road, raises his claymore, and takes a mighty swing at the orc as he finishes his potion.

Ulric attacks orc at P-1 (charge +2 to attack), takes -2 on attack for power attack, and adds +4 to his damage.

Attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]
crit confirm if needed [roll2]

Grymmheart
2008-03-14, 08:13 PM
Gierhart

"Thanks Ulric," replies Geirhart as he sees Ulric charge off.


Waiting for others to post.
Hope the game is not dying.

Karaswanton
2008-03-14, 08:30 PM
Kiran

As a standard action, Kiran uses Touch of Healing to give Lisin back 12 hp. Not much, but enough to stabilize him. He then taunts the two orcs again.

Sneeks
2008-03-15, 11:15 AM
Erik

Erik, somewhat undecided what to do, will move along the road. Shooting in that mass of people is probably a bad idea...

He'll focus on making sure no other orcs are in the vicinity.


Moving 20' north along the road to V-4.
Search Check: [roll0]

Grymmheart
2008-03-17, 07:07 AM
Geirhart


Geirhart watches Ulric run off charging the last visible orc within the streets. Seeing no path for his own charge, he simply moves closer to the fray.

Awaiting Nisheet's actions, if none in a few hours, will skip him/make up a post.

Grymmheart
2008-03-17, 09:44 PM
DM- End of Round 8

Quick post

Ulric charges forward and cleaves mightly into the side of an orc.

Kiran lays healing hands upon Lisin who barely moves from the touch.

Nisheet steps from the shadows and buries his dagger in the back of the orc that Ulric hit, laying it low (dead).

Orc struck by Ulric returns an attack but misses wildly.

Orcs Within the house launch one ranged attack, while the second moves forward to make a melee atack against Kiran but misses.

Geirhart moves closer to the battle.

Erik moves closer to the battle.

Zed's Dead
2008-03-20, 07:34 PM
ULric Gan-Tai

Seeing the orc crumple to the dirt, Ulric flashes a bright smile at Nisheet.

Well fought, Nisheet. Now let's cut the rest down together!

Ulric runs over to the house which harbors the remaining orcs and attacks.

If the door is shut, he attempts to break it down with his shoulder. Strength check [roll0] If it's open, he'll stand 5 feet back from the door. Regardless, he shouts a challenge to the orcs: Come on out now and Fight!

Zed's Dead
2008-03-20, 08:24 PM
Ulric charges runs across the battlefield and swings his claymore at the orc in the doorway. You will fall NOW!

Attack (charge +2, power attack -2) [roll0] Damage [roll1] Had to revise to fit the battlefield as it stood. Sorry for the double post.

Ok. No charge. He double-moves to N-8. No attack.

and attacks. Take away the +2 to attack. Keep the -2 for power attack. This would give him an 18 to attack this particular orc.

Karaswanton
2008-03-21, 08:11 AM
Kiran
Kiran swings his mace at the orc.


Atk:[roll0]
Dmg:[roll1]

What kind of weapon is this orc using BTW?

Sneeks
2008-03-21, 09:33 AM
Erik

The little halfling, somewhat scared to enter the melee, attempts to move closer to the battle. (20' from door, straight south).

His skill not being exactly up to par, the halfling will carefully intone, "Thread the needle."

With his small fingers working deftly, he will construct a web with his fingers to cast True Strike on himself.

Valdin
2008-03-24, 10:41 AM
Nisheet

Nisheet summons a dagger and throws it at a nearby orc.


I'm not sure where I am. 5 foot step back if I'm in melee. Move up to 30 feet to gain flank or reduce range penalties (range increment 10 feet) Add 1 more to hit and damage that I will not factor into my rolls if I am withing 30 feet of my target.

attack
[roll0]

damage
[roll1]

sneak attack (only if I can move to a flank position within 30 feet of target)
[roll2]

Grymmheart
2008-03-24, 05:36 PM
Geirhart
Geirhart realizes that he will not gain entrance to the house with 3 of his companions crowding the doorway with an orc, so just moves closer but keeps an eye out for any more trouble.

End of round post later tonight

Grymmheart
2008-03-24, 10:55 PM
DM-End of Round 9

UlricRushes ahead to flank the orc straddling the prone form of Lisin, while Nisheet takes a step back to toss a conjured dagger at the orc. Somehow the fates are transpiring against the rogue as his dagger flies wide and almost strikes Ulric.

Kiran strikes true with his mace, sending a spray of blood from the staggered orc's mouth.

The struck orc retaliates with a precise blow of his own. With a smirk the orc relishes the cut along Kiran's shoulder and chest he created with his handaxe. Clearly wanting to avoid any chance of being surrounded, he takes a small step back to enter the doorway. Kiran can barely make out the last orc within the house as it kicks the supine form of a woman, but looks back toward the battle.

Geirhart moves closer to the fray, looking for other concerns during the battle.

Erik also moves closer to the remaining battle, while enhancing his future attack with arcane might.

lucky for Kiran I decided to forgo power attack this round, he takes 18 more points of dmg for crit.

Geirhart P-15
Ulric- N-8
Kiran- O-9
Erik-?
Lisin-prone,unmoving N-9
Orc- M-9
Nisheet- N-11

Sneeks
2008-03-25, 11:00 AM
Erik

Angling towards the orc in the doorway (10' south of door), the little halfling will windmill his hands into the air and bring them together, pointing them at the orc. Gathering energy to empower his spell, he'll take one step forward and shout, "Green ball!"


Casting Orb of Acid (1d6/level + Target may be sickened)
Ranged Touch Attack [+9] + Into Ranged [-4] + True Sight [+20]): [roll0]
Reflex Save DC 18 or target is sickened (-2 attack rolls, dmg, saves, skill checks, ability checks)
Damage: [roll1] + 50% Sudden Empower spell

Karaswanton
2008-03-26, 09:38 AM
Kiran

Kiran is dazed by the orcs attack.
He casts Sanctuary on himself.
Will Save DC: 15 to be able to attack him.

I think there is a woman in there that is still alive.

He shouts at the orcs:
COWARDS! MURDERERS! BUTCHERS! AL-ASRAN WILL DESTROY YOUR EVIL!

Zed's Dead
2008-03-26, 10:48 PM
Ulric's blade whirls around his head, flashing out and up and down and back at the orc

Attack 1 [roll0] damage [roll1] Attack 2 [roll2] damage [roll3]

Karaswanton
2008-03-28, 04:01 PM
Nisheet
Jake (Valdin) is on a road trip for the next week. He has asked me to take over his character, unless Grymmheart would prefer to NPC him

Nisheet summons another dagger, and attempts to move to flank if possible.
[SPOILER]
Atk: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Sneak Attack: [roll2]

Grymmheart
2008-03-31, 07:25 AM
GM- End of Round 10

The orc drops dead as Erik's blast burns the life from the orc. The remaining orc charges the group out of desperation to be quickly dispatched. Ulric enters the house to find two badly hurt townspeople. One older woman and her younger daughter. It appears the group of heroes were in time to stop any ravishing of bodies that might have occurred otherwise.
Although Kiran attempted to heal Lisin his life remains spent upon the ground.

Geirhart continues walking toward the bridge only to see a portly man step out from behind the statue of Zagig (K-22). [b]"Hail, fine men. Thanks for saving us from those vile orcs. Can my healing be of assistance? Please let me pay for my life with the services of my God. And if it pleases you, I would be further in your debt to be escorted to the City of Greyhawk, for I must attend religious services there."

As the battle quiets down, you still see the 3 overturned wagons and several clearly dead bodies laying in the roadway closer to the bridge. Some may still be alive, but hard to tell from the distance. Also you get the sense that some people are looking out their shuttered windows feeling lucky to have escaped the orc's wraith. If you desire, the last orc could be incompacitated(spelling?) and open for interogation.

sorry about delay last week, child's spring break and my vacation from work.

Sneeks
2008-03-31, 02:11 PM
Erik

"Huh... so that's what real fighting is like."

He will brush himself off, realizing there is little he can do to heal the wounded.

Karaswanton
2008-03-31, 08:02 PM
Kiran

The cleric seems solemn, and shuts Lisin's eyes.

I can heal everyone in my group halfway without using any spells. I'll take any help you have to offer past that, although I think perhaps we should try to help the gravely wounded before fixing our nicks and scratches.

I'm afraid my comrade is beyond healing at this point.
The best thing we can do for him now is give him a decent burial.

Karaswanton
2008-03-31, 08:03 PM
Nisheet

Hm. I wonder where that flying thing went off to. Perhaps we should keep our guard up.

Grymmheart
2008-03-31, 08:30 PM
DM

"My name is Acton Kathenor, and my church can offer a burial for your companion. I will help heal others, but please we must get to the City."

Sneeks
2008-04-01, 10:21 AM
Erik

The halfling clearly doesn't feel very useful at the moment. Causing damage is much easier than erasing it, and even thinking such dreadful thoughts made him fidget nervously. Hearing this gentleman requiring an escort, Erik leaps at the chance to be of some service,

"Erm, well, Mister Kathenor... I can help out, there! Though.. why in such a rush?"

Grymmheart
2008-04-01, 11:35 AM
DM

"Why? Because I am part of a delegation to bury one of the heroes of Greyhawk, that's why. And things were going well until these orcs appeared from no where and attacked," replied Acton.

Geirhart moves toward the bridge and spots someone moving under the wagon in the center of the bridge. "Hey we have a live one over here," he yells out to his companions. Moving in closely, he finds a man pinned under the wagon's edge. His breathes are shallow. "Kiran, I think he could use some of your healing touch."

Karaswanton
2008-04-01, 06:14 PM
Kiran

Kiran rushes to the man's aid, again using his touch of healing to stabilize the man's injuries. He continues to use the Touch of Healing until the man is at half strength.

I think I've cured most of his critical wounds. Let's get this wagon off of him.

Grymmheart
2008-04-02, 07:11 AM
Kiran and Grymmheart are able to shift the wagon of the downed man. Although his physical injuries looked to have been healed some, he still appears very ill and close to death's door. After removeing him from the wreckage, you clearly see a wide piercing wound through his coat into his left chest.

"It looks like he has been poisoned by the wyvern, and I lack any poison cures. Do you have any idea how wyvern poison could have affected this man?" asks Geirhart.

Ulric finishes reassuring the 2 women of the house and begins searching the bodies of the dead orcs.


DC 20 know arcana to identify poison of wyvern (actually 17 (10+HD 7) to know something of dragon, but bumped it to 17 for this particular question).

Karaswanton
2008-04-02, 09:40 AM
Kiran

The cleric gasps, and exhales through his clenched teeth.
He's been poisoned. Today I don't have any spells that help with poison prepared. I do have a scroll of lesser restoration, but I need to know how the wyrven poison works for that to be helpful.

Poison usually has a secondary effect that takes a small while to kick in, for now I'll try to stave off the secondary effects. I'll see if I can figure out how the poison is working while I do that.


Assuming the man hasn't already endured the secondary damage of the poison, Kiran rushes and attempts a Heal check [roll0] to stave off any secondary effects. Also, he will attempt to figure out which ability score the wyrven's poison is targetting (ie, is it attacking his muscles (ST), his joints (DEX), or his ability to heal (Con).)

Then he speaks to Kathenor, with the voice of a drill sergeant, or the irritation of an operating surgeon.
I think I've done all I can for now. Kathenor, do you have any spells that would help with poison? I worry about transporting this man. How far away is the city?

Sneeks
2008-04-02, 10:08 AM
Erik

The halfling stares wide eyed at the proceedings.

So much blood.. wow.

Rather than introduce himself to the person he's charged himself to, instead he will remain staring, mildly petrified at the thought of being poisoned by a wyvern.

Grymmheart
2008-04-04, 07:04 AM
"The City is just over 2 miles away, across yon bridge. Unfortunately I have no spells to deal with poison," replies Acton as you finish your assessment of the poisoned man. Considering how hardy one would expect him to look, you ministrations tell you it is likely he suffered insult to his inherent constitution.

Wyvern poison is nasty 2d6 con dmg/2d6 con dmg. Will say his con is 4 now, and hp 20 after your healing so alive but clearly not well.

After a few more seconds the man opens his eyes, "What's going on, where is that blasted orc? he calls out in initial confusion.

Slowly, men and women begin moving out of homes, clearly distraught and upset at the tragedy that has befallen in front of their eyes. Many words are passed between townsfolk, and the general feel is that they are greatful for your intervention, but figure they were not the target of the attack. A much bigger contingent of orcs were present, and only the handful were left to play with the townsfolk.

Karaswanton
2008-04-04, 11:37 AM
Kiran

To the poisoned man:
Oh good, you're awake. The orcs have been taken care of for now, at least. You've been poisoned from a wyrven's sting. I was able to prevent the poison from further damaging you.

The poison seems to be sapping your health directly. For right now you just need to rest. I have a scroll that can help fix you up a bit more, but you will still be more fragile than you are accustomed to. Rest, or another spell tomorrow can help patch you up the rest of the way.


To Acton:
Looks like our friend here should recover, given some rest. Are there any other critical wounded in the area? For now, he is alive and stable, but not up to fighting strength. I want to prevent any further deaths before I start worrying about healing wounds.

If no-one else is in critical condition, I think I'll use that scroll to help him recover from the shock to his health.

To Nisheet:
I need you to scout a perimeter, and try to find any survivors.

To Erik:
I don't think I've met you before, or your kind before for that matter. But thank you for you help. We can talk more later

To Ulric and Geirhart:
I want to be ready to move to the city as soon as possible. I'll want both of you to cover our flanks, one of you in front and one behind.

Grymmheart
2008-04-06, 08:49 AM
DM post

"I will see if others in the area need my help. Unfortunately I have not prayed for a spell of healing poison, so I will leave this man to you." replies Acton

Ulric begins looking around the area and offers a friendly gesture to the townsfolk that begin leaving the houses. It appears 10 people in all show themselves. As Ulric searches the bridge and the way toward the City, he notes tracks of possible orcs heading in the general direction of the City and the flight of the wyvern.

Geirhart turns to Kiran as the priest of Pelor discusses cures and restoration, and says "I have been granted a spell to restore damage such as this man may have suffered. Save your scroll if you would like me to perform the miracles of my god."

While awaiting Kiran's answer, Geirhart thinks on the short mage that has helped during the battle. 'I would think of this man as a coward, fighting like he does from afar, but Hextor would be proud of the destruction he can wreck upon foes, so he can not be useless,' thinks Geirhart to himself.

Sneeks
2008-04-07, 10:03 AM
Erik

The halfling scowled a little. Your kind? What's that supposed to me?

He knew he was in the minority, humans were everywhere. But weren't halflings everywhere too?

Apparently not.

Recognizing his lack of name thus far to the person he's charged to, Erik speaks up. "Oh, and I'm, uh... Erik. Pleased ta smeetch ya."

He never understood why humans always said that at the end.

Karaswanton
2008-04-07, 11:12 AM
Kiran

to Erik:
Thank you, Erik. I am Kiran, servant of Al-Asran. You must forgive my manners...I've got a lot of work to do at the moment.

to Geirhart:
Excellent, I will save my scroll for another day then.
The cleric smirks.
Hm. One of Pelor's faithful was unprepared to heal, so one of Hextor's must step in. The irony is not lost on me.

Valdin
2008-04-08, 10:31 PM
Nisheet

Nisheet scouts the perimiter, as asked, then searches the orc bodies for clues as to origin.


spot around the perimiter
[roll0]

Search the bodies
[roll1]

Grymmheart
2008-04-09, 06:37 AM
DM

Nisheet searches around the scene while the others complete their tasks. Near each falllen orc, he finds a few empty and possibly cracked vials that obvisously contained some form of potion. He remembers seeing one orc down a potion after taking a severe hit from the diminutive halfling's blast. He does find 2 unused potions that are labeled similarly. Also one each of the orcs, Nisheet finds a well-crafted handaxe of exceptional balance and light weight. Some still have a obviously crudely made throwing axe, while others have clearly thrown their blades during battle. There is some money to be collected from the fallen, but not of any significance. No other real clues are found by Nisheet.

Will calculate money later. Please let me know what hp total you have, I will check my notes to verify.

Grymmheart
2008-04-17, 01:45 PM
DM

As the group settles down after the brief, but damaging battle, they consider their options. Ulric has found signs of a larger group of orcs leaving the hamlet, heading towards the City, while Nisheet collects the few potions and several obvious magical throwing axes for the group to decide the distribution. Erik continues his shy introductions to the group, while Geirhart casts his lesser restoration spell to help the fallen man heal some. Kiran continues his ministrations on Lisin, while preparing him for transport to the City.

Acton appears anxious awaiting departure to return to his clergy duties. The poisoned man, Damaris, wakes up more clearly after receiving Hextor's blessing and begins to speak to the group. He confirms Ulric's findings with the story of how a much larger group of Orcs had attacked the caravan. After departing a wagon, he was struck by the poisoned barb of the Wyvern. Drawing his sword, he attempted to defend himself and the others, but was quickly challenged and defeated by the "cowardly" leader. In obvious anger, he declares that his sword, "Blade of Chaos," was stolen by the coward and that he needs it back.

Acton and Damaris speak briefly and agree to return to the City of Greyhawk as soon as possible. Damaris owns an inn, and informs the group that they may stay there for payment for saving his life.

Just wanted a quick synopsis to railroad the story along, Oh I mean push the story along.

Everyone gains 1400exp

Karaswanton
2008-04-20, 12:06 AM
Kiran

A night in an inn sounds wonderful, we've been camping for awhile. I think we should also get the refugees settled in as soon as possible.