PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass Feats

asphen fox
2008-02-20, 08:21 AM
I've thought about making multiclass feats for people who don't want to do the usual daring outlaw, ascetic stalker, daring warrior, martial stalker, master spellthief, swift ambusher and swift hunter class set-up.

I've done rogue-fighter so far.

Outlawed Warrior

You combine weapon mastery and stealth to great effect.
Prerequisite: weapon specialization, sneak attack +2d6.
Benefit: Your fighter and rogue levels stack for the
purpose of qualifying for feats that require a minimum
fighter level, such as Greater Weapon Focus.
Your rogue and fighter levels also stack for the
purpose of determining your sneak attack bonus damage.
For example, a 7th-level rogue/4th-level fighter
would deal an extra 6d6 points of damage with her sneak
attack, as if she were an 11th-level rogue.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making more for each classes.

Parvum
2008-02-20, 07:53 PM
Using the normal naming 'rules', this would be Martial Outlaw.

The real problem is skills. Not only are the essential rogue skills not available to fighters, but they couldn't make optimum use if they did (2+int per level as opposed to 8. Eight.).

Supreme Geasser
2008-02-20, 08:46 PM
This feat is meant for gestalt characters since you gain more skill points because of a house rule which modifies skill points.

I should know.
I''m his DM

Parvum
2008-02-20, 08:57 PM
This feat is meant for gestalt characters since you gain more skill points because of a house rule which modifies skill points.

I should know.
I''m his DM

Wait... a multiclass feat for gestalt characters?

Oh... my head appears to have exploded. I'll be back in an hour when it regenerates.

jagadaishio
2008-02-20, 09:04 PM
I've thought about making multiclass feats for people who don't want to do the usual daring outlaw, ascetic stalker, daring warrior, martial stalker, master spellthief, swift ambusher and swift hunter class set-up.

I've done rogue-fighter so far.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making more for each classes.

It seems fairly balanced, considering the other multiclass feats in Complete Adventurer and Complete Scoundrel. You may wish to check those out, to make sure that you don't end up making a new feat for a pair of classes which already has one of these for it.

Stycotl
2008-02-20, 11:19 PM
Wait... a multiclass feat for gestalt characters?

Oh... my head appears to have exploded. I'll be back in an hour when it regenerates.

i have wondered a little how these feats would work for a gestalt. i don't think that it would be good to just outright ban them. but, i think that some limits should be put in place. only 1/2 hd count towards total, or it only works if the pc has supporting class levels of less than or equal to 1/2 his hd or something along those lines. that way you wouldn't end up with an 18d6 sneak attack by level 20.

i suppose that even under the terminology of gestalt, not being able to pair classes that give the same class feature, that these feats would not be an option. but i still like the idea of allowing them in a moderated way, mostly cuz the only gestalt character i have is so multi-classed that the feats help him, but don't turn him into a giant slice of were-cheese.

Stycotl
2008-02-20, 11:21 PM
also, i think that there need to be more versions of some of the multiclass feats. sure there is already the warrior-outlaw or whatever it is called (can't remember). but there could be others.

that said, this would basically turn pc's into gestalt characters in some senses. for this reason it might be necessary to impose a limit on only one multiclass-type feat/5 hd or somthing. make them a class of feats in and of themselves.

just some thoughts.