PDA

View Full Version : The Lunatic [Prc]

Unscrewed
2008-02-20, 12:03 PM
You're a Landlord?! Sugoi! Does that mean you Rule all the land? Do you rule my land? Does a lord rule? Does that make you an aristocat? Or is that a Disney movie? Oh! Are you a Disney actor? I ate a Disney once...or was that a dixie treat? I love those little dixie cups. Wait, I think I was thinking of Debbie cakes. Or are you thinking that? What were we talking about? Do you wanna go catch a Unicorn with me? I want to give them more corn, it's so sad they only have one. I like corn but I like jell-o better, do you like jell-o? Where are you going? Do you know where the unicorns are? I'm going to follow you cause you're not answering!
-Eddie (http://www.eecomics.net/d/20030701.html), Lunatic.

There's crazy. There's really crazy. And then there's the-normal-has-left-the-building crazy. Lunatic fall universally into the third category. They are those who are so crazy, that their lunacy has given them strange and mysterious power. Emphasis on the strange. Lunatic's are often part of a non-insane group. The are sometimes found as companion's to Wierders (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11491&highlight=Wierder)

Lunatic
Prerequisites: BAB +5, Chaotic alignment, Wis<10, Must have done one of the following:
Made peaceful contact with a chaotic outsider, been under the influence of a hallucinogenic drug for three days non-stop, had a mind-effecting magic item backfire on him by means of a failed UMD check
HD: d8
Class skills: Bluff, Tumble, Slight of Hand, Handle Animal, Use Magic Device, Search, Spot, Sense Motive, Balance, Move Silently, Climb, Jump, Swim, Disable Device, Decipher Script, Hide, Listen, Diplomacy.
Skill Points: 4+Int Modifier
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+0|Power of the Loon

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+0|Power of the Loon

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+1|Power of the Loon

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+1|Power of the Loon

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+1|Power of the Loon

6th|
+4|
+5|
+5|
+2|Power of the Loon

7th|
+5|
+5|
+5|
+2|Power of the Loon

8th|
+6|
+6|
+6|
+2|Power of the Loon

9th|
+6|
+6|
+6|
+3|Power of the Loon

10th|
+7|
+7|
+7|
+3|Power of the Loon[/table]

Class abilities

Power of the Loon
The Lunatic's lunacy grants him power and skill. At every Lunatic level, choose one of the abilities below:

Well, I'm the lord of Biscuits!: The Lunatic gains a +4 Lunacy bonus of Bluff checks. This bonus increases to +20 if the bluff is "Unbelievable" (i.e. it would incur a +20 bonus to the opposing sense motive roll.)

Lovable Loon: The Lunatic gains a +4 bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Hyperspace Mallet: Available only at Lunatic level 3 or higher. Despite it's name, this ability can be used with any weapon, or indeed, anything inanimate. The Lunatic grasps the object and swears to never never never never never leave the target object behind. From then on, the object springs to the Lunatic's hand when needed, and vanishes when it's no longer needed. Where it goes, nobody knows. (Except the Lunatic, and he's not telling.) This ability can only affect one object at a time, but it's subject can be changed by swearing to a different object. This ability can only work on unattended objects of small size or smaller.

Gravity? What's Gravity?: The Lunatic gains Spider Climb as an at will spell like ability, caster level 3rd.

CONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Available only at Lunatic level three or higher. The Lunatic can designate one object the object of his desire. He must do everything in his power to get the object, and gains a +4 Lunacy bonus to all attack rolls, skill checks, and AC. He also gets a +2 Lunacy bonus to all saves. These bonuses last for 4+con Modifier rounds, or until the Lunatic obtains the object. In either case, he promptly loses interest in whatever it was he wanted. This ability can be used once per day.

I challenge you to a Dance-off!: Available only at Lunatic level 7 or higher. The Lunatic gains Otto's Irresitible Dance once per day. Caster level is 15th. However, the Lunatic is also under the effect of an Otto's Irresitible Dance for the same amount of time.

Ya missed me!: The Loon gains a +2 bonus to AC and a +1 Reflex saves because of his extremely unpredictable movements.

What's the square root of a Pumpkin?: Available only at Lunatic level 5 or higher. Once per day, the Lunatic can say something so inconceivably nonsensical that his target opponent is stunned for one round by it's sheer weirdness. The Lunatic must take a standard action to use this ability. The Save DC of this ability is equal to 10+half the Lunatic's levels in Lunatic+the Lunatic's Charisma modifier. Lawful creatures take a -2 penalty on this save.

I've got a waffle and I'm not afraid to use it!: The Lunatic takes no penalties for using improvised weapons.

Grandmaster of the Unintended Use: Available only at Lunatic level 9 or higher. Once per day for three rounds only, the Lunatic can take any object and use it as a different object of similar size. For example, a Lunatic using this ability can use a loaf of French bread as a longsword, a good size rock as a piece of pie, a book as a boomerang, or a random stick as a wand of Cure light wounds. No other being can use such items as for the unintended purpose. For example, the Lunatic cannot declare the loaf of French bread to be a longsword, then hand it off to the fighter to use. Only the Lunatic can use the bread. Magic items or weapons can be imitated, but the caster level of such items cannot be higher than 5, and the spells involved in such items creation can only be 3rd level or lower.

I'm a ninja!: The loon gains a +4 bonus to Tumble checks.

Crosswired: Available only at Lunatic level 3 or higher. The Lunatic's chaotic logic streams are so weird that to impose your will upon him you'd need to be equally crazy. The Lunatic gains a +4 bonus to saves against all mind-effecting and compulsion spells and effects. He also becomes immune to confusion, insanity, and all similar spells.

Luck of the Loon: Luck favors the crazy. The Lunatic gains a +1 luck bonus to all attack rolls.

No, me father was a tree.
Available at Lunatic level 6 and higher.
The Lunatic has (or gains in some manner, if he does not have) unusual features that seem innocuous at first but actually have a very bizarre origin, such as peg legs, scars, birth marks, tattoos, a tail, strange ears, etc. The telling of people how these came to be are so bizarre and fascinating that anyone of indifferent attitude instantly moves to friendly. Their new attitude lasts for 1 minute per Lunatic level, after which their attitude returns to normal. This has no effect on people of any other attitude.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together:
Lunatic L.5
The Lunatic and one other player character, and one NPC character all switch character sheets. All three characters must be within 100 ft. radius from the lunatic, including the lunatic himself. The Lunatic takes on the other player character, the other player character becomes the NPC, and the NPC becomes the Lunatic. [Effectively the Lunatic hands his sheet to the DM, the DM to the other player, and the other to the player hands his to the Lunatic.] The goals and aspirations, and desires are played out as they appeared to be
originally by the first effective character. This lasts for 2d12 rounds.
For the duration, all three characters have telepathic communication open between the three of them.

It's been a hard day’s night..: The Lunatic whips out of nowhere, (preferably from behind his back) a little blue or brown ocarina, and plays a little tune. For the next 1d6 minutes the moon is blocked by a shining sun or the sun by a silver moon. For all effects and purposes treat day-time as night
time, and night time as day time.

There is no ending in the bending of the mending that I am sending it
is trending without befriending, am I ascending, or is it attending the defending that is tending to the apprehending without pending in the machine... is vending?: Lunatic L.8 The Lunatic may at will change his sanity points, this is a free action. They cannot rise above 50 sanity points. Ever.
~ChumpLump original

I Have had it with these mother-loving [insert nouns here] on this mother-loving [Insert target here]: The lunatic may explain his annoyance at any sort of group of things, on any target as a standard action. After this statement is made the group of objects (2d6 objects) appear as a major image spell, cast at the Lunatic's caster level, on the target. These are not under the lunatic's control but act naturally like the group of objects the
lunatic has specified. This may be done 3/day. These objects may be anything at all.

~Samuel L Jackson

Red or Blue?:
Lunatic L.10
Flip a coin. If it is heads the lunatic eats a blue pill. For the next 1d6 rounds the lunatic may make temporary wishes as a swift action. This wish lasts until the duration is over. If it is tails, someone appears behind the lunatic as he is about to eat the red pill and hits him over the head with a shovel. He is
unconscious for the next 1d12 rounds.

~The Matrix

Hot Potato!
Available only at Lunatic level 3 and higher. When under the effects of a spell that affects her and only her, the Lunatic may remove the effects of that spell as a move action. The Lunatic then receives a random small object (a fish, a skull, a potato, etc). As a move action, the Lunatic may pass this to any creature within reach, or throw it to any character within 30 ft. It
is impossible to refuse to take the object, or to get rid of it by any means other than passing it on. The creature then holding the object may also pass it to any character within reach, or throw to any character within 30 ft. Any character holding the object (including the Lunatic) is panicked when holding the object. 1d12 rounds after the initial creation of the object, it vanishes, and the creature holding the object is affected by the spell the Lunatic used this ability to remove. The Lunatic may not use this ability while the object exists, nor while the spell she passed on affects the other creature.

I challenge you to a duel - of a children's card game! A number of times per day equal to the number of times the DM feels like it, the Lunatic may challenge one creature brought to the plane it currently inhabits by magic to a duel. The challenged creature may not harm the Lunatic during the challenge, nor may the Lunatic harm the creature. The creature may select one of three games - checkers (INT), jacks (DEX), or arm-wrestling (STR). The game goes on for 1d4 rounds, at which point each character rolls 1d20+their modifier for the stat of the game. Should the Lunatic win, the creature is teleported to its home plane. Should the creature win, the Lunatic
suffers a full attack from the challenged creature, and no AC, miss chance, resistance, or damage reduction applies.

Summon Tire Iron:
Available at Lunatic level 5 and higher. The lunatic learns the true meaning of humor, and this is not to be random. Oh no, and to prove so much, the Lunatic calls forth a bad example of humor. This works exactly like a summon
monster V spell of caster level equal to the Lunatic's Lunatic level. At the
end of this duration Tire Iron does not pop out of existence, rather
the Lunatic must have moved as close to Tire Iron as possible. The
Lunatic is completely enraged with Tire Iron, and kills it in the most
violent, or gruesome means available. This ability may be used once per day.

Tire Iron
Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Jelly)
Hit Dice: 6d4+9 (24 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares); Fly 5 ft. (Clumsy)
Armor Class: 23 ( +2 size, +1 Dex, +2 natural +8 deflection); touch
21; flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/-4
Attack: +6 Purple Umbrella [+2 Anarchic Club] (1d3) x2 +2d6 damage to
lawfully aligned creatures.
Full-Attack: +6 Purple Umbrella [+2 Anarchic Club] (1d3) x2 +2d6
damage to lawfully aligned creatures.
Space/Reach: 2˝ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Jam shot.
Special Qualities: Reverse Damage Reduction 10/Rye, Spell Immunity,
Jamming Death, Dark Vision 60ft.
Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +5
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Disguise +0 (+4 acting), Hide +15,
Knowledge (Nonsense) +8, Listen +6, Move Silently +7, Search +8,
Spellcraft +8, Spot +6
Feats: (B) Hover, weapon finesse(club), Improved Initiative, Toughness
Environment: Lunatics' Minds
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic N
Advancement: Fish.
Level Adjustment: to the left.

Tire Iron is the epitome of the sad clown. And if he is an Epic tome
he must be over level 20. Which is why he isn't funny. Tire Iron was
not a gift from the heavens. Ergo must die. Must I? No mustard sir,
only jam and jelly. From my lamb and belly. It's framb sand contelly.
Rye.

The little living toast is actually an animated construct, but rather
an outsider from within the realms of the Lunatic's mind. This
creature is fully real, and completely capable of thinking for itself.
Tire Iron is not crazy. At least so we think. We think now? Anyway,
his tiny purple umbrella allows him to fly slowly and poorly, and his
jammy center is a sin against the gods of jam. Smother him.

Jelly Subtype
d4 Hitdice
Poor fortitude and reflex saves.

Reverse Damage Reduction 10/Rye and Chaotic:
Unless a weapon is of both the Rye and Chaotic categories Tire Iron
ignores the last 10 points of damage.

Spell Immunity:
Tire Iron ignores all spells with a spell resistance.

Confusion grants him 5 temporary hit points per caster level, which last for 1d6 rounds.

Insanity allows Tire Iron to remain for (caster level) more rounds
before the Lunatic attacks him.

Jamming Death: When Tire Iron dies he explodes with grape jam. The
Lunatic may as a swift action consume any of this grape jam. It
restores 5 hit points to Lunatics only. This cannot exceed the maximum
hit points. All other creatures within a 5' radius of Tire Iron are
treated as if a tangle foot bag has been successfully thrown at them. The temporary hit points fade after 24 hours

Jam Shot: Tire Iron may throw jelly as a standard action, treat this
like throwing a tangle-foot bag. This ability has no limit on range,
but Tire Iron needs a direct line of sight to use this. Tire Iron can
see for 1,000 ft.

PANCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. :
The Lunatic can answer any mind puzzling enigma by saying the most
ridiculous thing possible then destroying a portion of their body,
inflicting 20 hit points of damage. This instantly resolves effects
like Maze, or it could be used to answer an ancient riddle scribbled
on the tomb entrance to the next dungeon. This works especially well
on riddles without answers.

We are all filled with Raisins.:
This ability cannot be selected before lunatic level 5. The Lunatic
may survive any one situation per week that would normally kill him.
He is instead left stable with -1 hit points, and unconscious. This even works
on death effects.

Alchemist Fire is Nature's tooth paste:
Available at Lunatic level 3 and higher.
The Lunatic learns the secret of filling objects with strange
substances. The lunatic may fill any object at all with any alchemical
substance at all that he has access to. This takes 5 minutes of
uninterrupted work with said object and substance. The next
time the object is thrown at something, its alchemical effect comes
into play.
[I]
Gender Neutral pronouns! :
The Lunatic can pinpoint the nearest dwarf at will. This ability makes
no sense. This works very much like a paladin's detect evil, except
replace evil with dwarf. This does mean that there will be levels of
dwarf, and strengths of dwarf auras.

I ARE PANT
The Lunatic sprouts any mundane object from his left ear, this object
cannot be worth more than 5 gold coins, and it can only remain outside
of the lunatic's ear for a number of rounds equal to the Lunatic's
Constitutional modifier. For the duration, the Lunatic's pants are
stained red. This can be used 3/day.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!:
Lunatic 7th level or higher.
The Lunatic may mount an inanimate object of Large Size or Larger.
This mount becomes an animated object with all the same qualities as
if it had been animated by the spell animate objects. However it may
not attack, or make aggressive actions. It is treated as having the
run feat.

Mechanical Womb:
Lunatic 7th level or Higher
The Lunatic gains Trap Stride once per day. This functions like Tree
stride, except it only works on traps and not trees. Extend the maximum distance traveled by 500xCR of the trap entered. Caster Level is equal to the
Lunatic's Lunatic level. The Lunatic is still subject to both traps if not
disarmed.

Left sock plus spider knee cap...Learn! :
Lunatic 10th level.
Choose one Power of the Loon ability the Lunatic knows. Once per day, the Lunatic may spend a standard action performing a visual demonstration to grant this ability to a willing target within 50 ft. The Lunatic and target must be able to see each other. If the Lunatic has two hands free and can touch the target, the Lunatic can use Left sock plus spider knee cap...learn at a range of touch by guiding the target physically. If the granted ability is use based, the target has the same number of uses the as the Lunatic. The granted abilities last for 1 minute per the Lunatic’s Lunatic level.

Shwiggety Shwag what's in the bag?
The Lunatic may steal anyone
container from any one within 25 feet as a standard action. He may peer into the bag, even if it is magical, and see all what is in it. Then as a move
action on his next turn the Lunatic returns the container. The Lunatic cannot take anything.

Buttered Toast:
The Lunatic develops a catch phrase. This statement
must have no valid meaning to anything what so ever. This catch phrase
acts as truename magic, and allows the lunatic to use any cantrip as a move action. [He must select one or the other.] This
requires a bluff check in place of the DC (10+ resistance). The laws of resistance are doubled.

I dare you, to sprout the wings of a bat and stalk like a zombie while
whistling "Row Row Row Your Boat" through a car wash!
The Lunatic may make any ridiculous phrase count as one word for the
purposes of the spell command. He also gains the ability to use command once per day as a spell like ability.

Mr. Welsh is my Middle Toe!:
Lunatic L.10
The Lunatic may break any one rule listed in the SRD once per month.
Any numerical value involved in the rule breaking cannot exceed 100. I.e. no more than
100 gold coins, 100 hit points, +100 or -100 modifier to anything.
This break of rule is either instant, or lasts for 1d4+1 rounds.

~ Ed, from Ed Edd and Eddy.

The Power of Pepsi!:
Lunatic L.5
The Lunatic may summon any dead companion of yours back from the dead for a
number of rounds equal to you lunatic level 1/day.
~Pepsi Advertising Campaign

I worked really hard!
The Lunatic may place bags of holding, or portable holes inside each
other, or other bags of holding or portable holes. No negative effect
happens. The lunatic may also turn either of these inside out. The
objects all fall out, and the dimensional carrying devise suffers no
negative consequences, and is treated as if simply emptied. This
requires a DC 20 strength check.

~Fighter, 8-bit Theatre

At least I have chicken!:
Any attempt the Lunatic makes to charge an enemy is treated as a
compulsion effect to all of the Lunatic's allies within a 50ft radius.
They must succeed on a will save or spend the next 6 rounds brutally
attacking what ever the Lunatic charged. This ability may be used
1/day. The DC is [10+Lunatic Levels-Wis Mod] The allies must make some
sort attempt to injure the target, by any means possible. Spells,
ranged weapons, throwing melee weapons, or even throwing rocks. If
there is no means possible to attack the target, the ally cannot act
this round.

~Leroy Jenkins

I Know Deja Fu!
Lunatic L.7
The may make a full attack unarmed as if having the Imp. Unarmed
Attack feat, this is a full round action. If the lunatic only has one
attack in his full attack he may take a secondary attack at -5. In the
following round the target of the previous attack suffers the same
amount of damage that it suffered from the original unarmed attacks.
The Lunatic does not need to actually attack this opponent again. A
shadowy whisp of the Lunatic seems to be doing exactly what the
lunatic did in the original round.

~ Unknown, to me.

Because I'm a whassit? Pi-rale? Py-re? Pi-nut? Pi-rus? Pirate!
Thassit. Pirate.*stumble*.
The lunatic gains a temporary pool of +5 points when she has drunk
more than 3 servings of alcohol. She may distribute these to
Deflection bonus for AC, competence bonus for Bluff, Diplomacy,
Profession (Sailor), Use Rope, Knowledge (History), Appraise, Gather
Information, Survival checks, or competence bonus on Fortitude saves.
These points last for one round once distributed, but float in the
pool as long as the pirate is 3 drinks drunk. If the Lunatic recovers
from her 3 drinks drunk state, she looses all points in the pool.
Points may be recovered at the rate of 1 per drink after the first
initial three.

~Captain Jack

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!
Available only at Lunatic level 3 or higher.
After being effected by an illusion for a number of rounds equal to
12-the lunatic's level the lunatic is treated as if making his save
vs. the illusion. However the lunatic does not recall the illusion,
and cannot see a ghostly outline of images, or any other things that
indicate that the illusion has happened. He may not offer a +2 to
resist illusions for his companions.

~Eternal Darkness

I'm a goody two shoes!
Once per day the Lunatic may sprout a Doppelganger that looks
exactly like the Lunatic. This Doppelganger is not controlled by
the Lunatic, and often sets out to annoy or mock the Lunatic. This
sprouting deals the Doppelganger’s max Hp (Which is equal to ˝ the Lunatic’s current Hp) in damage to the Lunatic. The Doppelganger is treated as a level 3 version of the Lunatic. It is completely sane and vanishes after one hour.

~Evil Ash, Evil Dead 3, Army of Darkness.

I killed Mr. Welsh with my back hammer!
Lunatic L.10
The Lunatic may ignore one house rule once a week. Treat this rule as
if it weren't house ruled, and instead a regular SRD rule. If there is
no SRD rule that applies, the most current WOTC rule does. If there is
no WOTC rule that applies, the most generally accepted by the party
and DM third source rule may be substituted.

~None

A fool's everyside! :
Available at Lunatic level 3 or higher
Any and all natural 1s rolled by the Lunatic deals 1d6 damage per
Lunatic level, by some means somewhat reasonable, to himself and all
others within a 20ft radius. The means need not be the same. The
others may roll a reflex save for half damage. The DC on the Reflex
save is the DC of the Lunatic's roll -10.

~Yiddish Saying

Week and What you need, nowhere as you bleed. :
The Lunatic takes on the appearance of a Lich, and gains its feature
Fear Aura. The DC is equal to 10 +Lunatic's level+ Cha modifier. It
also suffers a -5 ugly as sin penalty to all charisma based skill
checks. The Lunatic may switch between this state and his normal state
as a standard action. He switch his appearance to a Lich 3/day for as long as the Lunatic wants.

~Dragula, Rob Zombie

I'm a Pinball wizard!:
The Lunatic may ricochet thrown objects off
walls, ceilings, and other surfaces. The Lunatic can ricochet his
projectile a number of surfaces equal to his Lunatic level. The
lunatic also takes a -1 penalty on the attack roll for each ricochet.
The projected flight path must be at least somewhat realistic, and the
Lunatic cannot ricochet objects off living beings.

Spontaneous musical number:
Available at Lunatic level 3 and higher.
Once per day, the Lunatic can burst out singing and compel 3+Cha mod
others intelligent (Int>2) within 60 feet to sing with him. The Save
DC against this effect is 10+1/2 Lunatic's Lunatic levels+Cha Mod. The
duration of the effect is 1 round per Lunatic level. Treat the singing
creatures as dazed.

It's Just a Flesh Wound...:
The Lunatic may not be rendered unconscious, helpless, or disabled by
means of damage (i.e. Either having negative hit points or having more
non-lethal damage than hit points).

If the Lunatic has negative hit points, then they are considered dying
in that they must role a d% to check for stability and lose 1 hit point
if they fail such a check (presumably for gratuitous blood leakage),
but they may otherwise take actions as if they had positive hit
points. This ability does not keep the Lunatic conscious if he is alive due to We are all filled with raisins.

Mr. Gibbles sends his regards. He says meow!:
Available only at Lunatic level 8 of higher. The Lunatic may use Dimension Door a number of times per day
equal to half their class level. However, they must always use an exit
point as a place far too small for their body to fit (I.E. A sink
hole, a tiny box, etc.). In the next round, they must jump out of this
item, or be thrown out the round after, suffering 1d6 damage.

Whether they are thrown out or jump out, opponents must make a Will
Save (DC = 10 + 1/2 Lunatic's class level + Lunatic's Cha modifier) or
be shaken as long as they're in the Lunatic's presence.

"There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and
the United States of America."
Available at Lunatic level 5 and higher. Once per day, the Lunatic may do the impossible. For a number of rounds equal to his class level plus his
Cha modifier, he can become nigh-invulnerable. He gains his Cha bonus
to his AC as a luck bonus, a natural armor bonus equal to his class
level, DR 30/Adamantine, immunity to all energy types, and a bonus to
all saves and counter-checks (I.E. To avoid a grapple) equal to his
class level. However, this incredible resilience comes at a price.
While in this state, he cannot attack, and as soon as it ends, the
next attack to strike him within a number of rounds equal to the
amount of time he was in this state scores an automatic critical hit
as it catches him off guard.

"You're mad!" "Thank goodness, because if I wasn't, this'd probably
never work."
Available to Lvl 10 Lunatics or higher only. The Lunatic
takes a highly dangerous, highly improbable course of action that
would be unlikely to ever work (I.E. Slingshoting himself without
calculating trajectory, charging an enemy who seems invulnerable,
punching a solid stone wall, etc.) and it has the best possible result
(I.E. He lands right where he'd hoped, he hits the enemy's one weak
spot, he hits the wall's load stone and the entire thing collapses,
and so on). As the actual effect is up to the game master, this is an
uncontrolled ability that takes effect when and if the DM wishes it
to.

We've seen him rise, then fall. Rise, and then fall again. Then fall some
more. Then rise again. How could he do this?! He's not human I tell
ya!
Available to level 18 Lunatics or higher. If the Lunatic dies,
they are, somehow, revived as True Resurrection at a later point. How
it happens is always different, however. For example, the heroes might
see him disintegrated, but a set of ley lines converged just as it
happened, causing him to be instantaneously transported to a nearby
village where he suffered amnesia, believed he was a fishwife, and has
wandered through the town offering people non-existent fish and
telling them about a family that just isn't real. Upon seeing his
companions, it doesn't take much to convince him that he adventures
with them, but every now and then, he will make up a story about "old
William and his dinghy" or offer to show them how to cook up some fish
or make up some tea. This is an epic ability, and cannot be chosen if the Lunatic’s character level is not above 21. This ability does not protect against death by old age.

The DM should be creative and work with the Lunatic's player to try
and create a unique and funny scenario for them to meet up with the
Lunatic later.

Oh, I saw him. Sure, I was tired. And my one eye was bad from swimming
in a pool with too much chlorine. And my other eye was sore from
picking at it. And it was the hour my glasses were at Lens Crafters.
But I've seen that fish!
The Lunatic can make a Bardic Knowledge check
once per week, using their Lunatic level in place of their Bard level
and their Charisma score in place of their Intelligence score. The
results hardly sound believable, especially with a Lunatic telling the
story, but they are often disturbingly accurate.

There is a spoon!:
The lunatic may mentally bend any non-magical tiny
sized or smaller object into a twisted and warped useless object. The
effect lasts a number of rounds equal to the Lunatic's Lunatic level.
Treat this as a level one power.

"We'll never survive!" "Nonsense, you're only saying that because no one ever has."

Once per day, as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, a Lunatic can grant himself and a number of allies no greater than his Lunatic level 1/2 his Lunatic level as an Lunacy bonus to all saving throws. This bonus lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Lunatic's level.[/QUOTE]

Mordokai
2008-02-20, 01:15 PM
Hehe, I like this one :smallbiggrin: Perhaps add a negative WIS modifier under Prerequisites, to me it seems like it fits the flavour of the class. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Moff Chumley
2008-02-20, 02:37 PM
Truly, great. Can't wait to spring this on my DM... I love Grandmaster of the Unintended Use, although if Tippy finds this, cheese will result.

BisectedBrioche
2008-02-20, 02:43 PM
This has to be one of the best homebrewed PrCs I've seen for a while.:smallbiggrin:

Unscrewed
2008-02-20, 02:46 PM
Truly, great. Can't wait to spring this on my DM... I love Grandmaster of the Unintended Use, although if Tippy finds this, cheese will result.

Who's Tippy?

P.S. Tell me how things go when you use it in game.

boomwolf
2008-02-20, 02:50 PM
OMFG.

I laughed like hell.

"What's the square root of a Pumpkin?"

Damn.

PirateMonk
2008-02-20, 03:06 PM
Otto's Irresistible Dance doesn't normally allow a save. Hence the name. If you want to add a save, you should specify which type.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

Xuincherguixe
2008-02-20, 03:47 PM
I think I've just found the class that I have levels in.

AugustNights
2008-02-20, 04:08 PM
"Madness? THIS IS... wait..you did say madness? Yup. That's about right."

You sir, have finally buttered the grapes of Chef Brian's cake-nickel. There shall be noisy syruple to-mine eyeball today! FORSOOTH!?!?!?

But on a more productive level of thinking, Cone seems a touch over powered. I mean, I know most of the other things are mildly over powered, but Cone probably should have a limit of uses per day.

Otherwise, I love this class.

Unscrewed
2008-02-20, 04:33 PM
Did some fine tuning.

Parvum
2008-02-20, 09:08 PM
I'm opposed to the negative Wis modifier. I beleive that every Grand and Wise Teacher of Ancient stuff had at least a few levels in this class (or at least the hyperactive ones did). Although it is funny that a buff spell (Something's Wisdom) can rob you of your class powers...

Xyk
2008-02-20, 09:22 PM
With the grandmaster of unintended use...could a stick also be a wand of instadeath? I suggest an XP cost dependent on spell level or maybe limit the spell level. Maybe have a coin slot that only the lunatic sees...

AMAZING PrC! I would play it if I wasnt always the DM.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-20, 09:27 PM
This.

Is.

Goldfish.

Xefas
2008-02-20, 09:31 PM
Hyperspace Mallet: Available only at Lunatic level 3 or higher. Despite it's name, this ability can be used with any weapon, or indeed, anything inanimate. The Lunatic swears to never never never never never leave the target object behind. From then on, the object springs to the Lunatic's hand when needed, and vanishes when it's no longer needed. Where it goes, nobody knows. (Except the Lunatic, and he's not telling.) This ability can only affect one object at a time, but it's subject can be changed by swearing to a different object.

"Oh, +5 Full Plate armor on that NPC over there. I promise to never ever leave you."
This ability would allow you to steal anything from anyone ever.

Make a deal with some powerful NPC's armor. Go back to your lair, and summon it to you. Go back, do the same with his weapon, etc.

"Oh, CASTLE. I promise to never ever leave you."
You then stick your hand out over a cliff, and summon the Castle to you, dropping it, and everyone inside of it, to their doom.

"Oh (plane of existence), which is technically inanimate. I promise..."

Put some kind of size limit on this thing...

Moribundus
2008-02-20, 09:58 PM
*mumbles something about there being no cake*

wonderful!

mikeejimbo
2008-02-20, 10:18 PM
Oh spellbook, I promise never to leave you!

Stycotl
2008-02-20, 11:42 PM
this was pretty funny. i enjoyed a good chuckle. i'm working on my own prc right now that involves a more subtle (maybe) use of insanity, though it is based off of truenaming paranoia.

good work.

EDIT: totally forgot what i was originally going to say: needs more lunacy options. i know that those take time to come up with, but right now you've got a limited selection for a lot of levels to fill. i'd work on more. maybe get the playground to offer more abilities.

AugustNights
2008-02-21, 05:07 AM
this was pretty funny. i enjoyed a good chuckle. i'm working on my own prc right now that involves a more subtle (maybe) use of insanity, though it is based off of truenaming paranoia.

good work.

EDIT: totally forgot what i was originally going to say: needs more lunacy options. i know that those take time to come up with, but right now you've got a limited selection for a lot of levels to fill. i'd work on more. maybe get the playground to offer more abilities.

A great point, so I offer you Unscrewed some ideas. Like them, hate them, they are all just suggestions and ideas. Sleep now for me, upon an ocean of buttery basketed brie.

There is a spoon!: The lunatic may mentally bend any non-magical tiny sized or smaller object into a twisted and warped useless object. The effect, lasts a number of rounds equal to the Lunatic's level.

Summon Tire Iron: The lunatic learns the true meaning of humor, and this is not to be random. Oh no, and to prove so much, the Lunatic Calls forth a bad example of humor. This works exactly like a summon monster V spell of caster level equal to the Lunatic's level. At the end of this duration Tire Iron does not pop out of existence, rather the Lunatic must have moved as close to Tire Iron as possible. The Lunatic is completely enraged with Tire Iron, and kills it in the most violent, or gruesome means available. This ability may be used at will.

Tire Iron
Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Jelly)
Hit Dice: 6d4+9 (24 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares); Fly 5 ft. (Clumsy)
Armor Class: 23 ( +2 size, +1 Dex, +2 natural +8 deflection); touch 21; flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/-4
Attack: +6 Purple Umbrella [+2 Anarchic Club] (1d3) x2 +2d6 damage to lawfully aligned creatures.
Full-Attack: +6 Purple Umbrella [+2 Anarchic Club] (1d3) x2 +2d6 damage to lawfully aligned creatures.
Space/Reach: 2˝ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Jam shot.
Special Qualities: Reverse Damage Reduction 10/Rye, Spell Immunity, Jamming Death, Dark Vision 60ft.
Saves: Fort +3 Ref +3 Will +5
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
Skills: Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Disguise +0 (+4 acting), Hide +15, Knowledge (Nonsense) +8, Listen +6, Move Silently +7, Search +8, Spellcraft +8, Spot +6
Feats: (B) Hover, weapon finesse(club), Improved Initiative, Toughness
Environment: Lunatics' Minds
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic N
Advancement: Fish.
Level Adjustment: to the left.

Tire Iron is the epitome of the sad clown. And if he is an Epic tome he must be over level 20. Which is why he isn't funny. Tire Iron was not a gift from the heavens. Ergo must die. Must I? No mustard sir, only jam and jelly. From my lamb and belly. It's framb sand contelly. Rye.

The little living toast is actually an animated construct, but rather an outsider from within the realms of the Lunatic's mind. This creature is fully real, and completely capable of thinking for itself. Tire Iron is not crazy. At least so we think. We think now? Anywhy, his tiny purple umbrella allows him to fly slowly and poorly, and his jammy center is a sin against the gods of jam. Smother him.

Jelly Subtype
d4 Hitdice
Poor fortitude and reflex saves.

Reverse Damage Reduction 10/Rye and Chaotic:
Unless a weapon is of both the Rye and Chaotic categories Tire Iron ignores the last 10 points of damage.

Spell Immunity:
Tire Iron ignores all spells with a spell resistance.

Confusion grants him 5 temporary hit points per caster level, for 1d6 rounds.

Insanity allows Tire Iron the caster's level more rounds to live before the Lunatic attacks him.

Jamming Death: When Tire Iron dies he explodes with grape jam. The Lunatic may as a swift action consume any of this grape jam. It restores 5 hit points to Lunatics only. This cannot exceed the maximum hit points. All other creatures within a 5' radius of Tire Iron are treated as if a tangle foot bag has been successfully thrown at them.

Jam Shot: Tire Iron may throw jelly as a standard action, treat this like throwing a tangle-foot bag. This ability has no limit on range, but Tire Iron needs a direct line of sight to use this. Tire Iron can see for 1,000 ft.

PANCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. :
The Lunatic can answer any mind puzzling enigma by saying the most ridiculous thing possible then destroying a portion of their body, inflicting 20 hit points of damage. This instantly resolves effects like Maze, or it could be used to answer an ancient riddle scribbled on the tomb entrance to the next dungeon. This works especially well on riddles without answers.

We are all filled with Rasins.:
This ability cannot be selected before lunatic level 5. The Lunatic may survive any one situation per week that would normally kill him. He is instead left with 1 hit point, and unconscious. This even works on death effects.

Alchemist Fire is Nature's tooth paste:
The Lunatic learns the secret of filling objects with strange substances. The lunatic may fill any object at all with any alchemical substance at all that he has access to. This takes 5 minutes of severely interrupted work with said object and substance. The next time the object is thrown at something, it's alchemical effect comes into play. [ If used against any creature older than 100 years, or past middle-aged, the creature suffers a -2 lunacy penalty on saves against the alchemical substance.]

Gender Neutral pronouns! :
The Lunatic can pinpoint the nearest dwarf at will. This ability makes no sense. This works very much like a paladin's detect evil, except replace evil with dwarf. This does mean that there will be levels of dwarf, and strengths of dwarf auras.

I ARE PANT
The Lunatic sprouts any mundane object from his left ear, this object cannot be worth more than 5 gold coins, and it can only remain outside of the lunatic's ear for a number of rounds equal to the Lunatic's Constitutional modifier. For the duration, the Lunatic's pants are stained red. This can be used 3/day.

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!:
Lunatic 7th level or higher.
The Lunatic may mount an inamite object of Large Size or Larger.
This mount becomes an animated object with all the same qualities as if it had been animated by the spell animate objects. However it may not attack, or make aggressive actions. It is treated as having the run feat.

Mechanical Womb:
Lunatic 7th level or Higher
The Lunatic gains Trap Stride once per day. This functions like Tree stride, except it only works on traps and not trees. Increasing distance by 500 ft per CR of the trap. Caster Level is equal to the Lunatic's level. The Lunatic is still subject to both traps if not disarmed.

Left sock plus spider knee cap...Learn! :
Lunatic 10th level.
The Lunatic may inspire Lunacy upon an ally within 50 ft. This ally gains all the benefits of one of the Lunatic's powers. This may be Left Sock plus spider kne cap... Learn! Which would only allow the transfer of the ability with same name.

More later if you like these.

DracoDei
2008-02-21, 11:51 AM
All in all those seem creative enough to me. Some of them might or might not need to be limited to specific levels of the PrC but I haven't thought that deeply.

Tire-Iron might need more HD.

Does Tire Iron's reverse damage reduction end up working out any differently from regular damage reduction mechanically? Also, is it Rye, or Rye and Chaotic?

Moff Chumley
2008-02-21, 12:02 PM
Who's Tippy?

P.S. Tell me how things go when you use it in game.

Emperor Tippy is a guy who hangs out in the Gaming forum and creates epic spells that have no XP cost and create a universe. (Damn you Tippy...)

Stycotl
2008-02-21, 12:08 PM
tire iron went completely over my head. i didn't get it at all.

mechanical womb was stellar. i would love to see someone try to use that. outstanding.

i like the filled with raisins ability, but i would call it something like 'the cat came back' or something like that.

SoD
2008-02-21, 12:10 PM
Heh, I love it!

Not a fan of the ninja ability, but a lack of pirate abilities...*glares*

But you can't have everything, right? Or can you...duh duh duh!!!

Unscrewed
2008-02-21, 01:31 PM
Heh, I love it!

Not a fan of the ninja ability, but a lack of pirate abilities...*glares*

But you can't have everything, right? Or can you...duh duh duh!!!

Three words: Epic Level Progression.

To ChumpLump. You are the greatest. I love you. *Hugs* Consider your abilities yoinked for all Lunatic's to use.

On a more serious note, in Alchemist's fire is nature's toothpaste, severely interrupted should probably be changed to uninterrupted.

Also, on Left sock plus spider knee cap...Learn! the given ability should wear off after a while and have some sort of limit. Usable once per day to grant the chosen ability for one minute, perhaps?

"Oh, +5 Full Plate armor on that NPC over there. I promise to never ever leave you."

"Oh, CASTLE. I promise to never ever leave you."

"Oh (plane of existence), which is technically inanimate. I promise..."

Put some kind of size limit on this thing...

Point taken. Size limit added, along with unattended requirement.

AugustNights
2008-02-21, 02:52 PM
Inspiration for most of those came from Chef Brain of ctrl+alt+del.

Tire Iron (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20030505)
Reverse Damagre Reduction removes the last 10 points of damage, opposed to the first 10.

And it is Rye and Chaotic.

Touched up Tire Iron

PANCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20030614)

We are all filled with raisins. (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20030705)

Alchemist Fire is Nature's tooth paste. (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20031011)

Gender Neutral Pronouns. (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20040202)

I Are Pant! (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20040515)

VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060204)

Mechanical Womb (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20061014)

Left sock plus spider knee cap...Learn! (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080105)

Some more ideas, from random sources.

Shwiggety Shwag what's in the bag? The Lunatic may steal anyone container from any one as a standard action. He may pear into the bag, even if it is magical, and see all what is in it. Then as a move action on his next turn the Lunatic returns the container.

Buttered Toast: The Lunatic develops a catch phrase. This statement must have no valid meaning to anything what so ever. This catch phrase acts as truename magic, and allows the lunatic to use any cantrip or orison as a move action.[ He must select one or the other.] This requires a bluff check in place of the DC (10+ resistance). The laws of resistance applies doubly to this outrageous abuse of mechanics and DnD rule-Lawyer's brains.
special: This ability may be selected twice, the second time it applies to the other L.0 type spells. Each ability has it's separate DC. ( The laws of resistance only apply to the one you used. [ Gravy!]

I dare you, to sprout the wings of a bat and stalk like a zombie while whistling "Row Row Row Your Boat" through a car wash! :
Pre-req: Ability to use command as spell or spell like ability.
The Lunatic may make any ridiculous phrase count as one word for the purposes of the spell command.

Mr. Welsh is my Middle Toe!:
Lunatic L.10
The Lunatic may break any one rule listed in the SRD once per month.
This is limited by 100. Any value cannot exceed 100. Ie. no more than 100 gold coins, 100 hit points, +100 or -100 modifier to anything. This break of rule is either instant, or lasts for 1d4+1 rounds.

~ Ed, from Ed Edd and Eddy.

The Power of Pepsi!:
Lunatic L.5
You may summon any dead companion of yours back from the dead for a number of rounds equal to you lunatic level 1/day. If you can convince them to pay 50,000xp they are resurrected as if by the spell resurrection, and still suffer the level loss.

~Pepsi Advertising Campaign

I worked really hard!
The Lunatic may place bags of holding, or portable holes inside each other, or other bags of holding or portable holes. No negative effect happens. The lunatic may also turn either of these inside out. The objects all fall out, and the dimensional carrying devise suffers no negative consequences, and is treated as if simply emptied. This requires a DC 20 strength check.

~Fighter, 8-bit Theatre

At least I have chicken!:
Any attempt the Lunatic makes to charge an enemy is treated as a compulsion effect to all of the Lunatic's allies within a 50ft radius. They must succeed on a will save or spend the next 6 rounds brutally attacking what ever the Lunatic charged. This ability may be used 1/day. The DC is [10+Lunatic Levels-Wis Mod] The allies must make some sort attempt to injure the target, by any means possible. Spells, ranged weapons, throwing melee weapons, or even throwing rocks. If there is no means possible to attack the target, the ally cannot act this round.

~Leroy Jenkins

I Know Deja Fu!
Lunatic L.7
The may make a full attack unarmed as if having the Imp. Unarmed Attack feat, this is a full round action. If the lunatic only has one attack in his full attack he may take a secondary attack at -5. In the following round the target of the previous attack suffers the same amount of damage that it suffered from the original unarmed attacks. The Lunatic does not need to actually attack this opponent again. A shadowy whisp of the Lunatic seems to be doing exactly what the lunatic did in the original round.

~ Unknown, to me.

Because I'm a whassit? Pi-rale? Py-re? Pi-nut? Pi-rus? Pirate! Thassit. Pirate.*stumble*
The lunatic gains a +5 temporary pool of points when she has drank more than 3 servings of alcohol. She may distribute these to Deflection bonus for AC, competence bonus for Bluff, Diplomacy, Profession (Sailor), Use Rope, Knowledge (History), Appraise, Gather Information, Survival checks, or competence bonus on Fortitude saves. These points last for one round once distributed, but float in the pool as long as the pirate is 3 drinks drunk. If the pirate recovers from her 3 drinks drunk state, she looses all points in the pool. Points may be recovered at the rate of 1 per drink after the first initial three.

~Captain Jack

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!
After being effected by an illusion for a number of rounds equal to 12-the lunatic's level the lunatic is treated as if making his save vs. the illusion. However the lunatic does not recall the illusion, and cannot see a ghostly outline of images, or any other things that indicate that the illusion has happened. He may not offer a +2 to resist illusions for his companions.

~Eternal Darkness

I'm a goody two shoes!
Once per day the Lunatic may sprout a Dopple-ganger that looks permanently like the Lunatic. This Dopple-ganger is not controlled by the Lunatic, and often sets out to annoy or mock the Lunatic. This sprouting deals the Dopple-ganger's max Hp in damage to the Lunatic.

~Evil Ash, Evil Dead 3, Army of Darkness.

I killed Mr. Welsh with my back hammer!
Lunatic L.10
The Lunatic may ignore one house rule once a week. Treat this rule as if it weren't house ruled, and instead a regular SRD rule. If there is no SRD rule that applies, the most current WOTC rule does. If there is no WOTC rule that applies, the most generally accepted by the party and DM third source rule may be substituted.

~None

A fool's everyside! :
Any and all natural 1s rolled by the Lunatic deals 1d6 damage per Lunatic level, by some means somewhat reasonable, to himself and all others within a 20ft radius. The means need not be the same. The others may roll a reflex save for half damage. The DC on the Reflex save is the DC of the Lunatic's roll -10.

~Yiddish Saying

Week and What you need, nowhere as you bleed. :
The Lunatic takes on the appearance of a Lich, and gains it's feature Fear Aura. The DC is equal to 10 +Lunatic's level+ Cha modifier. It also suffers a -5 ugly as sin penalty to all charisma based skill checks. The Lunatic may switch between this state and his normal state as a standard action at will.

~Dragula, Rob Zombie

DracoDei
2008-02-21, 03:34 PM
At Least I have Chicken Seemed useless until I realized that it is helpful against charm and compulsion effects (especially area of effect ones).

Unscrewed
2008-02-22, 07:29 PM
More Lunacy Ideas:

I'm a Pinball wizard!: The Lunatic may ricochet thrown objects off walls, ceilings, and other surfaces. The Lunatic can ricochet his projectile a number of surfaces equal to his Lunatic level. The lunatic also takes a -1 penalty on the attack roll for each ricochet. The projected flight path must be at least somewhat realistic, and the Lunatic cannot ricochet objects off living beings.

Spontaneous musical number: Available at Lunatic level 3 and higher. Once per day, the Lunatic can burst out singing and compel 3+Cha mod others intelligent (Int>2) within 60 feet to sing with him. The Save DC against this effect is 10+1/2 Lunatic's Lunatic levels+Cha Mod. The duration of the effect is 1 round per Lunatic level. Treat the singing creatures as dazed.

Caracol
2008-02-24, 06:17 PM
This class is awesome. It's perfect for a friend of mine. keep adding more powers!!!!

cha0s4a11
2008-02-25, 04:07 AM
It's Just A Flesh Wound...:

The Lunatic may not be rendered unconscious, helpless, or disabled by means of damage (i.e. Either having negative hitpoints or having more non-lethal damage than hitpoints).

If the Lunatic has negative hitpoints, then they are considered dying in that they must role a d% to check for stability and lose 1 hitpoint if they fail such a check (presumably for gratuitous blood leakage), but they may otherwise take actions as if they had positive hit points.

DracoDei
2008-02-25, 05:07 AM
So basically a version of the "Die Hard" Feat for that last one?

cha0s4a11
2008-02-25, 06:01 AM
So basically a version of the "Die Hard" Feat for that last one?

Mostly, except that it also effectively renders the Lunatic immune to non-lethal damage, it doesn't automatically stabilize the Lunatic, and it allows the Lunatic to perform any action as they could if they had positive HP (as opposed to limiting them to only single moves and standard actions with penalties for some of the latter).

I'm new at this, and I was basing it more on Monty Python than the SRD.

Ascension
2008-02-25, 06:47 AM
This is the ULTIMATE prestige class for Xaositects. I'm in a Planescape campaign right now. I need to make sure the DM sees this.

Hilarity could ensue.

Axelgear
2008-02-25, 07:31 AM
Lemme just say I love this and must contribute.

Mr. Gibbles sends his regards. He says meow!: Lvl 8 Lunatic or higher only. The Lunatic may use Dimension Door a number of times per day equal to half their class level. However, they must always use an exit point as a place far too small for their body to fit (I.E. A sink hole, a tiny box, etc.). In the next round, they must jump out of this item, or be thrown out the round after, suffering 1d6 damage.

Whether they are thrown out or jump out, opponents must make a Will Save (DC = 10 + 1/2 Lunatic's class level + Lunatic's Cha modifier) or be shaken as long as they're in the Lunatic's presence.

“There is a Providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children and the United States of America.” Once per day, the Lunatic may do the impossible. For a number of rounds equal to his class level plus his Cha modifier, he can become nigh-invulnerable. He gains his Cha bonus to his AC as a luck bonus, a natural armor bonus equal to his class level, DR 30/Adamantine, immunity to all energy types, and a bonus to all saves and counter-checks (I.E. To avoid a grapple) equal to his class level. However, this incredible resilience comes at a price. While in this state, he cannot attack, and as soon as it ends, the next attack to strike him within a number of rounds equal to the amount of time he was in this state scores an automatic critical hit as it catches him off guard.

"You're mad!" "Thank goodness, because if I wasn't, this'd probably never work." Available to Lvl 10 Lunatics or higher only. The Lunatic takes a highly dangerous, highly improbable course of action that would be unlikely to ever work (I.E. Slingshoting himself without calculating trajectory, charging an enemy who seems invulnerable, punching a solid stone wall, etc.) and it has the best possible result (I.E. He lands right where he'd hoped, he hits the enemy's one weak spot, he hits the wall's load stone and the entire thing collapses, and so on). As the actual effect is up to the game master, this is an uncontrolled ability that takes effect when and if the DM wishes it to.

We've seen him rise, then fall. Rise, then fall again. Then fall some more. Then rise again. How could he do this?! He's not human I tell ya! Available to level 18 Lunatics or higher. If the Lunatic dies, they are, somehow, revived as True Resurrection at a later point. How it happens is always different, however. For example, the heroes might see him disintegrated, but a set of ley lines converged just as it happened, causing him to be instantaneously transported to a nearby village where he suffered amnesia, believed he was a fishwife, and has wandered through the town offering people non-existent fish and telling them about a family that just isn't real. Upon seeing his companions, it doesn't take much to convince him that he adventures with them, but every now and then, he will make up a story about "old William and his dinghy" or offer to show them how to cook up some fish or make up some tea.

The DM should be creative and work with the Lunatic's player to try and create a unique and funny scenario for them to meet up with the Lunatic later.

Oh, I saw him. Sure, I was tired. And my one eye was bad from swimming in a pool with too much chlorine. And my other eye was sore from picking at it. And it was the hour my glasses were at Lens Crafters. But I've seen that fish! The Lunatic can make a Bardic Knowledge check once per week, using their Lunatic level in place of their Bard level and their Charisma score in place of their Intelligence score. The results hardly sound believable, especially with a Lunatic telling the story, but they are often disturbingly accurate.

No, me father was a tree Only available at 1st level. The Lunatic has unusual features that seem innocuous at first but actually have a very bizarre origin, such as peg legs, scars, birth marks, tattoos, a tail, strange ears, etc. The telling of people how these came to be are so bizarre and fascinating that anyone of indifferent attitude instantly moves up one step closer to helpful. This has no effect on people of any other attitude.

DracoDei
2008-02-25, 02:56 PM
I see 10th level and 18th level as requirements... I think care is needed to differentiate between CLASS level and CHARACTER level... remember this is a PrC, not a base class (or even an Acid class (although it walks the line between them) ). This makes No, me father was a tree totally impossible to take the second case, and the first case makes the requirement of level 18 nonsensical unless you really meant it for a 28th level character (you have to be epic levels to take levels past 10 of PrCs)...

AugustNights
2008-02-25, 03:45 PM
So I think this class could make a Decent Base-class. But based entirely on a campaign setting. ( I'm planning an asylum setting for this myself.) An easy conversion is to add 5 to all pre-req abilities.

We've seen him rise, then fall. Rise, then fall again. Then fall some more. Then rise again: This ability really ought to be epic, and require a L.28 character in my opinion.

No, me father was a tree: I don't see why this should be restricted. The lunatic may have just recently gotten a peg-leg and still believe his father is a tree. If anything I'd say it needs to be at least Lunatic L.5+. Indifference to friendly is a big step. And without even taking an action to use? That's a bit over powered, and not limited by being insane.

Ya see the over-powered abilities are limited, because the proper Lunatic plays to win. Plays to win the fish. What, Lich, I didn't know there was a lich in the fountain. Can I stick my finger in the Lich to stop it? If the water all liches out of the lich then there won't be any fish! ( You see being able to pull a lightsaber out of thin air doesn't help if the person uses it as a toothbrush.)

Also a suggestion to Unscrewed: Perhaps you should post all these abilities suggestions, or the ones that you particularly think fit the class on the first page? It would be nice.

More abilities, because I still haven't got a real life, and neither does my table top group. Here are some col-lab suggestions by me and my group.

If the sun don't come, you get your tan from standing in the elfish rain:
To use this ability there must be no clouds in the sky. It must be a sunny bright day. The weather is instantly changed to rainy, and the rain is so strong that the weather is treated as if it were a storm, without wind. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Lunatics level, and deals 2d6 radiation damage to all creatures caught in the weather.(Resolve damage at end of duration) Treat this as a control weather spell, with rain only, caster level is the Lunatic's level. The rain falls out of the open sky without any clouds.

Got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to see:
Once per day the lunatic is treated as if under the effects of the invisibility spell and as if covered by total concealment of a small fog cloud filling out his silhouette. This silhouette can be seen by anybody. This duration is as long as the lunatic desires, and the lunatic may be treated as if being seen for all purposes of targeting and striking with spells or weapons. The lunatic is also more beautiful than the most attractive fey in any forest. This cannot be seen due to invisibility and fog. Anyone who manages to see through both of these, but does not pierce all illusions, the Lunatic has a +30 beauty modifer to Bluff and Diplomacy checks.

Got to be a joker he just do what he please:
Pre-req: Gestalt campaign, or Gestalt characters allowed.
The Lunatic may Gestalt a lunatic class on both sides of the Gestalt tree, at the same time, or a different times.

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together:
Lunatic L.5
The Lunatic and one other player character, and one NPC character all switch character sheets. All three characters must be within 100 ft. radius from the lunatic, including the lunatic himself. The Lunatic takes on the other player character, the other player character becomes the NPC, the NPC becomes the Lunatic. [ Effectively the Lunatic hands his sheet to the DM, the DM to the other player, and the other to the player hands his to the Lunatic.] The goals and aspirations, and desires are played out as they appeared to be originally by the first effective character. This lasts for 2d12 rounds.
For the duration, all three characters have telepathic communication open between the three of them.

It's been a hard days night..:
The Lunatic whips out of nowhere, (preferably from behind his back) a little blue or brown ocarina, and plays a little tune. For the next 1d6 minutes the moon is blocked by a shining sun, or the sun by a silver moon. For all effects and purposes treat day-time as night time, and night time as day time.
> \/ ^, > \/ ^...

~Beatles

There is no ending in the bending of the mending that I am sending it is trending without befriending, am I ascending, or is it attending the defending that is tending to the apprehending without pending in the machine... is vending?:
Lunatic L.7
The Lunatic may at will change his sanity points, this is a free action. They cannot raise above 50 sanity points. Ever.

~ChumpLump original

I Have had it with these mother-loving [insert nouns here] on this mother-loving [Insert target here] :
The lunatic may explain his annoyance at any sort of group of things, on any target. After this statement is made, a standard action, the group of objects (2d6 objects) appear as a major image spell, cast at the Lunatic's caster level, on the target. These are not under the lunatic's control but act naturally like the group of objects the lunatic has mentioned.This may be done 3/day. These objects may be anything at all.

~Samuel L Jackson

Red or Blue?:
Lunatic L.10
Flip a coin. If it is heads the lunatic eats a blue pill. For the next 1d6 rounds the lunatic may make temporary wishes as a swift action. This wish lasts until the duration is over.
If it is tails, someone appears behind the lunatic as he is about to eat the red pill and hits him over the head with a shovel. He is unconscious for the next 1d12 rounds.

~The Matrix

Still, and as always, more to come if you guys are still liking these. I need to hit more Beatles songs.

streakster
2008-02-25, 04:53 PM
Hot Potato!

When under the effects of a spell that affects her and only her, the Lunatic may remove the effects of that spell as a move action. The Lunatic then receives a random small object (a fish, a skull, a potato, etc). As a move action, the Lunatic may pass this to any creature within reach, or throw it to any character within 30 ft. It is impossible to refuse to take the object, or to get rid of it by any means other than passing it on. The creature then holding the object may also pass it to any character within reach, or throw to any character within 30 ft. Any character holding the object (including the Lunatic) is panicked when holding the object. 1d12 rounds after the initial creation of the object, it vanishes, and the creature holding the object is affected by the spell the Lunatic used this ability to remove. The Lunatic may not use this ability while the object exists, nor while the spell she passed on affects the other creature.

I challenge you to a duel - of a children's card game!

A number of times per day equal to the number of times the DM feels like it, the Lunatic may challenge one creature brought to the plane it currently inhabits by magic to a duel. The challenged creature may not harm the Lunatic during the challenge, nor may the Lunatic harm the creature. The creature may select one of three games - checkers(INT), jacks(DEX), or arm-wrestling(STR). The game goes on for 1d4 rounds, at which point each character rolls 1d20+their modifier for the stat of the game. Should the Lunatic win, the creature is teleported to its home plane. Should the creature win, the Lunatic suffers a full attack from the challenged creature, and no AC, miss chance, resistance, or damage reduction applies.

Unscrewed
2008-02-26, 03:25 PM
Also a suggestion to Unscrewed: Perhaps you should post all these abilities suggestions, or the ones that you particularly think fit the class on the first page? It would be nice.

Done. I've made some alterations that hopefully will help balance.

Also, if anyone uses this class, tell me how it turns out.

LiteYear
2008-02-26, 03:47 PM
This looks great, and I'd like to add an ability.

Huh. That looks like it really could've hurt.
The Lunatic must be class level 8 or higher to select this ability. Once per day, the Lunatic may choose to automatically negate or ignore one attack or effect on his person. For example, the Lunatic could use this ability to negate the damage from a fireball (although other creatures in the area are affected normally), escape a forcecage, or negate a death effect he otherwise would've succumbed to. The Lunatic may choose to use this ability even after knowing the results of the attack and the consequences (i.e. after rolling his saving throw).

cha0s4a11
2008-02-26, 04:47 PM
Another idea I had:

Ankh-Morporkean Probability:

"Million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten"

Lunatic Level 7+

Once per in-game week, before any single d20 dice roll, the Lunatic may use this ability to adjust the result of that dice roll as follows:

A roll of either 1 or 20 is treated as a Natural 1
Any other roll is treated as a Natural 20

This number of times the Lunatic can use this ability does not accumulate -- If the Lunatic does not use this ability one week, they may not use it twice in a later week.

Grey Watcher
2008-02-26, 10:40 PM
Because Princess Bride quotes are fun:

I Don't Think That Word Means What You Think It Means

Once per day, a Lunatic with this ability can, as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, acuse a spellcaster of misusing words. For 2 rounds per Lunatic level, that caster has a 50% spell failure chance (cumulative with other forms of spell-failure, such as that from armor) on any spell with a verbal component. The victim is entitled to a DC 10+Lunatic Level+Lunatic's Cha modifier Will save to resist this effect.

"We'll never survive!" "Nonsense, you're only saying that because no one ever has."

Once per day, as a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, a Lunatic can grant himself and a number of allies no greater than his lunatic level his Lunatic level as an un-typed bonus to all saving throws. This bonus lasts for a number of rounds equal to the Lunatic's level.