PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Warlock

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-21, 08:14 PM
In the spirit of the Ultimate Project (http://www.liquidmateria.info/wiki/index.php?title=Ultimate_Classes), I present to you a combined Warlock/Binder, with the exact same fluff, the Ultimate Warlock. I've been working on this for way to long, stupid schoolwork kept me off of it for several months.

ULTIMATE WARLOCK
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Invocations Known|Binder Level|Eldritch Blast

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Warlock Path Tier 1, Arcane Blast|1/0|1/0|+1d6/+0d6

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Warlock Path Tier 2|2/1|1/0|+1d6/+1d6

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Warlock Path Tier 3|2/1|2/1|+2d6/+1d6

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|DR 1/Cold Iron Ability|3/1|2/1|+2d6/+1d6

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|-|4/2|3/1|+3d6/+1d6

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+5|Warlock Path Tier 4|4/2|3/2|+3d6/+2d6

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+5|-|5/2|4/2|+4d6/+2d6

8th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+2|
+6|Warlock Path Tier 5|6/2|4/2|+4d6/+2d6

9th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+3|
+6|DR 2/Cold Iron|6/3|4/2|+5d6/+2d6

10th|
+7/+2|
+7|
+3|
+7|Warlock Path Tier 6|7/3|5/2|+5d6/+3d6

11th|
+8/+3|
+7|
+3|
+7|Warlock Path Tier 7|6/3|5/3|+6d6/+3d6

12th|
+9/+4|
+8|
+4|
+8|DR 3/Cold Iron|8/3|6/3|+6d6/+3d6

13th|
+9/+4|
+8|
+4|
+8|Warlock Path Tier 8|8/4|6/3|+7d6/+3d6

14th|
+10/+5|
+9|
+4|
+9|-|9/4|6/3|+7d6/+4d6

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+9|
+5|
+9|DR 4/Cold Iron|10/5|7/3|+8d6/+4d6

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|Warlock Path Tier 9|10/5|7/4|+8d6/+4d6

17th|
+12+/7/+2|
+10|
+5|
+10|-|11/5|8/4|+9d6/+4d6

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+6|
+11| Warlock Path Tier 10|12/5|8/4|+9d6/+5d6

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+6|
+11|DR 5/Cold Iron|12/6|8/4|+10d6/+5d6

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+6|
+12|Warlock Apotheosis|13/6|8/4|+10d6/+5d6[/table]

Warlock Path -At 1st level, a warlock must choose her specialization. Once chosen, the path cannot be changed. The available paths are the Path of Soul, the Path of Mind, and the Path of Body.

Path of Soul -A warlock following the Path of Soul focuses on the art of Binding, temporarily selling your soul for a small portion of the power of ancient beings known as “Vestiges”. It gains the first value for Binder Level and the second value for both Invocations Known, and Eldritch Blast damage.
Tier 1 Soul Binding (1 Vestige) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 2 Invocation (Least) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 3 Pact Augmentation (1 Ability) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 11.
Tier 4 Soul Binding (2 Vestiges) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 5 Pact Augmentation (2 Abilities) (Su)-As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 11.
Tier 6 Invocation (Least or Lesser) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 7 Soul Binding (3 Vestiges) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 8 Pact Augmentation (3 Abilities) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 11.
Tier 9 Invocation (Least, Lesser, or Greater) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 10 Empower Binding(Su)- All numerical bonuses from a binding are doubled.

Path of Mind -A warlock following the Path of Souls focuses on a type of magic more primal than that practiced by other spellcasters. It gains the first value for Invocations Known and the second value for both Binder Level, and Eldritch Blast damage.

Tier 1 Invocation (Least) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 2 Empower Invocation 2/day (Sp)[/i]- All numerical components of Invocations are increased by 50%.
Tier 3 Soul Binding (1 Vestige)[/]( Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 4 Invocation (Least or Lesser) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 5 Pact Augmentation (1 Ability) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 11.
Tier 6 Heighten Invocation 2/day (Sp)- All numerical components of Invocations are doubled.
Tier 7 Invocation (Least, Lesser, or Greater) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 8 Soul Binding (2 Vestiges) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 9 Invocation (Least, Lesser, Greater, or Dark) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 10 Empower Invocation 4/day, Heighten Invocation 4/day (Ex/Su/Sp)

Path of Body- A warlock following the Path of Body utilises the same forces as is used in Invocations, but instead forces them into a blast of pure magic. It gains the first value for Eldritch Blast damage and the second value for both Invocations Known, and Binder Level.

Tier 1 Eldritch Blast of the Mortal World (Su)- The eldritch blast can deal any type of normal damage, being slashing, bludgeoning, or piercing.
Tier 2 Invocation (Least) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 3 Soul Binding (1 Vestige) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 4Eldritch Blast of the Elemental World(Su)- The eldritch blast can also deal any elemental damage, being acid, fire, cold, or electricity
Tier 5 Pact Augmentation (1 ability) (Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 6 Invocation (Least or Lesser) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 7 Eldritch Blast of the Surreal World (Su)- The eldritch blast can deal any type of damage.
Tier 8 Soul Binding (2 Vestiges)(Su)- As written for Binder class in Tome of Magic, pg 10.
Tier 9 Invocation (Least, Lesser, or Greater) (Sp)- As written for Warlock class in Complete Arcane, pg 7.
Tier 10 Double Blast (Su)- A warlock with the Double Blast ability can shoot two Eldritch Blasts in the time it takes cast one. They can be aimed at different targets, or the same target.

Warlock Apotheosis 1/week A warlock unlocks the most devastating abilities in their arsenal, boosting their abilities to their highest. A warlock following the Path of Soul gains the Full Binding ability. A warlock following the Path of Mind gains the Twin Invocation ability. A warlock specializing in the Path of Body gains the Eldritch Explosion ability.
Full Binding- The warlock allows the vestige fully into her body, taking on huge amounts of power, but barely remaining in control of her actions. By taking an extra full-round action while binding a vestige, a warlock can gain abilities above and beyond the normal bonuses.
Twin Invocation 4/day- The warlock intertwines two separate Invocations, casting them at the same time, using the larger casting time of the two. This allows the warlock to unleash devastating combos upon their enemies.
Eldritch Explosion- Instead of using the Eldritch Blast the normal way, as a blast of energy lancing forward, beam-like, the warlock vents it through every pore in their body, dealing 1d6 damage to themselves, but dealing 20d6 damage to all in a 20 ft burst centered on the warlock. However, this uses up so much energy that the warlock cannot summon vestiges, for an hour, cannot use invocations for 10 minutes, cannot use Eldritch Explosion for the rest of the day, and cannot use their Eldritch Blast for 10 rounds.

Vadin
2008-02-21, 08:45 PM
Can you explain what Full Binding does?

And Warlock Apotheosis is 1/week, but it grants an x/day ability and Eldritch Explosion says it can't be used for the rest of the day...this would seem to imply its a 1/day ability. I mean, if I'm only using it once a week, I can't use it for the rest of the day anyways, right?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-21, 09:02 PM
The 1/week is a mistake, left over from earlier versions.

And the full binding gives extra bonuses, depending on the vestige. I'm working on them right now.

By the way, this is part of a larger project called Project Broken Land, I'm just going to post each class seperately before I get it all together.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-03-14, 04:00 PM
Um...

(The floor shook horribly, disturbing the skulls that rested in their own private pockets in the wall. Deep inside the catacombs, a trio stood, frozen. One stood with his foot in a newly formed pothole. Dust streamed from low ceiling, and a few bones were shaken loose, falling to clatter on the floor, raising new clouds of crypt dust that had not been awoken for many a year. Something else awoke too, something that hungered...)

*Bump*

Pyre_Born
2008-03-15, 09:26 PM
I love the Ultimate Classes, in fact I'm working on a set of my own (powerful campaign). I always hated that their was no Ultimate Warlock.

After a quick glance, I really like it!

Peace,
Pyre