PDA

View Full Version : [Creature] Messing with Mythbusters

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-23, 01:11 PM
Vicious Longleg Swarm

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c273/AwakenedDreamer/RandomStuff/DaddyLonglegs.jpg

Fine Vermin (swarm)
Hit Dice: 2d8+4 HD (13 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 22 (+4 dex, +8 size), touch 22, flat-footed 18
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-
Attack: Swarm (1d6 plus poison)
Full Attack: Swarm (1d6 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Clinging, distraction, poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immune to weapon damage, scent, swarm traits, tremorsense 30 ft., vermin traits
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 18, Con 14, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 2
Skills: Climb +12, Hide +24, Listen +4, Spot +4
Feats: Ability Focus (poison)(B)
Environment: Any land or Underground
Organization: Solitary, tangle (2–4 swarms), or colony (7–12 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: -

This appears as a great roiling mass of fragile looking spiders, all minuscule bodies and extraordinarily long, arched legs. One then sees the great fangs that arch from their nigh invisible mouths and curve down almost to the ground...

Vicious longlegs are the deadly cousins of the daddy-longlegs. Though they are rare, such is the fear they instill that many go to pains to eradicate even their harmless relatives.

Combat
Vicious longlegs are terrifying creatures that cover great swathes of areas. They will sometimes ignore trespassers and then suddenly bunch together in a feeding frenzy that leaves nothing but bones behind. The swarm deals 1d6 points of damage to any creature whose space it occupies at the end of its move.

Clinging (Ex): Any creature that takes damage from the swarm must succeed on a DC 15 reflex save or be covered in the creatures even if he leaves the swarm's space. Unless he spends a full round action knocking off the longlegs he continues to take damage at the end of each of his turns as if he were still in the swarm's space.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a vicious longleg swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 13 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Mimicking (Ex): Knowledge (nature) checks to identify a vicious longleg swarm is increased by +4. Those who fail their check incorrectly identify them as the harmless daddy longlegs.

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 15, initial and secondary damage 1d4 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills: A vicious longleg swarm has a +4 racial bonus on Hide and Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks. It uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb checks. It can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-02-23, 03:29 PM
Did Mythbusters do an episode on how Daddy Longlegs are harmless?

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-02-23, 03:50 PM
Did Mythbusters do an episode on how Daddy Longlegs are harmless?
Yup, sure did.

Kizara
2008-02-23, 06:43 PM
Seems like a pretty balanced and generally well-made monster.

Icewalker
2008-02-23, 07:03 PM
I think I figured out what you are doing here VT...and PMing you in case you don't want people to know yet. I may be wrong, but it seems to add up.

Interesting monster, very creepy. I like the idea behind it.