PDA

View Full Version : Theory of Relativity (Feats) [PEACH]

Uncle Festy
2008-02-24, 09:46 PM
Arcane Gravity [General]
Prerequisites: Arcane Caster Level 5th (?)
All spells that you cast that create an affect over an area (wording?) and a duration longer than instantaneous have an effect relative to you, and move with you. For instance, if you cast a Grease spell and then move, the area affected by the spell moves the same distance in the same direction.

Relative Spell [Metamagic]
Prerequisites: (?)
You can alter a spell that creates an affect over an area (wording?) and has a duration longer than instantaneous to affect an area relative to your position. For instance, if you cast a Grease spell altered by Relative Spell and then move, the area affected by the spell moves the same distance in the same direction.
A spell altered by Relative Spell takes up a slot (?) levels higher than normal.

Thoughts?

Vexxation
2008-02-24, 10:23 PM
Erm.. am I misreading or is the first a persistent version of the second? Because that seems overpowered.

Also, rules lawyers might contend that
the area affected by the spell moves the same distance in the same direction. Means that the stuff under the effect of the spell moves. Ie you Grease the chair and move, then the chair (the area affected by the spell) will move too (moves the same distance in the same direction.).

But I get what you're saying, and it's nifty, but leaves a bit of room for abuse, for example: Stone to Mud. Use a widened, enlarged through metamagic Stone to Mud, then walk nonchalantly past a town you've always hate and be out of sight before they notice the spell's effect.

Come to think of it, I like it.

Charlie Kemek
2008-02-24, 10:37 PM
Erm.. am I misreading or is the first a persistent version of the second? Because that seems overpowered.

Also, rules lawyers might contend that Means that the stuff under the effect of the spell moves. Ie you Grease the chair and move, then the chair (the area affected by the spell) will move too (moves the same distance in the same direction.).

But I get what you're saying, and it's nifty, but leaves a bit of room for abuse, for example: Stone to Mud. Use a widened, enlarged through metamagic Stone to Mud, then walk nonchalantly past a town you've always hate and be out of sight before they notice the spell's effect.

Come to think of it, I like it.

Actually, that's not possible, because stone to mud has a duration of instantaneous. The spell says that it only works on spells with a duration longer than instantaneous.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-25, 09:30 AM
Yeah. The first is a persistent version of the second, but it can't be turned off. If anyone has a better idea for that wording, what the prerequisites for either should be, or how much the Metamagic should alter the spell, it'd be much appreciated.

Uncle Festy
2008-02-27, 12:39 PM
*Bumppity*