PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Weapon/Armor enchant

UMDPenguin
2008-02-25, 10:23 AM
I've had a few people tell me about armor and weapon enchants (sacred i believe) that add to a clerics turn lvl. I heard they are in LM, which is Libirs Mortis correct? I've looked at the items section of LM and can't find these enchants. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Xefas
2008-02-25, 10:27 AM
There is no "Sacred" property for armor.

The "Sacred" property for weapons is a +1 bonus that deals 1d6 bonus damage against undead and 2d6 bonus damage against evil outsiders.

No idea what the property you're looking for is called, though.

Keld Denar
2008-02-25, 10:32 AM
There is no "Sacred" property for armor.

Shananagans

There is a Sacred upgrade for armor and shields. Its in Libris Mortis:The Book of Bad Latin and its a +2 equiv that grants a +2 to turn checks and effective level.

Xefas
2008-02-25, 10:40 AM
Shananagans

There is a Sacred upgrade for armor and shields. Its in Libris Mortis:The Book of Bad Latin and its a +2 equiv that grants a +2 to turn checks and effective level.

Really? :smalleek:

Shucks, I just checked my Magic Item Compendium...does that not include Libris Mortis?

Keld Denar
2008-02-25, 10:45 AM
Nope, it was never reprinted. It does exist though, I'm 100% sure of it (I have several friends with this enchanted on their armor and shield and combined with other gear and buffs, automake the cleric level +4 on the turn check by about level 12).

UMDPenguin
2008-02-25, 10:49 AM
is it printed in a side bar somewhere like the collegiate wizard feat in complete arcane? or am i blind. because i'm not seeing it in the items/equipment section of LM. any chance you could find a page number for me?

Zincorium
2008-02-25, 10:55 AM
The book of exalted deeds, page 112 for the armor that gives you a bonus on turning checks.

Libris mortis has a sacred enchantment for weapons, but it has nothing to do with turning undead. It just deals more damage.

Keld Denar
2008-02-25, 10:59 AM
I'm at work and AFB, but I can tell you 100% that Sacred is in LM. I play Living Greyhawk, and I have seen it referenced on adventure records as from Libris Mortis. I'll take a look for it when I get home and tell you where exactly it is, but that'll be after 7 pm EST and I'm sure someone else with sharp eyes can find it.

Keld Denar
2008-03-06, 10:48 AM
I found the Sacred Armor enhancement. Its in Arms and Equipment Guide. I don't have a page number, but thats what it says on the Adventure Record that my cleric just received from a Living Greyhawk game I played last weekend (happy dance!). Sorry for the delay. GL!