PDA

View Full Version : WOTC Miniatures for 4th ed?

Scubasteve0209
2008-02-25, 08:13 PM
When 3rd Edition first came out Wizards turned out a line of miniatures of the main characters alongside the release (it was part of the silver anniversary too)

Either way, is there any word on them doing a repeat of this for 4th ed? because if so I'll buy every single miniature.... twice. Those were some great minis.

Jayngfet
2008-02-25, 10:43 PM
I dunno, there are shops dedicated to miniatures, so if there are none of those people will go bankrupt, there will be unemployment.

trust me, a roving gang of nerd hobo's, while funny, is no laughing matter.

Farmer42
2008-02-25, 11:06 PM
"Cheeto's....CHEEEto's...Give us...CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEtooooo's"

LoopyZebra
2008-02-26, 08:33 AM
They're converting the existing DnD mini line into 4th Ed. I don't know what that means for that game's rules, since I don't play it, but it does mean the figurines will represent 4th Ed creatures and heroes. I believe Desert of Desolation was the first "4th Ed Mini" set, but I may be wrong. If not, Dungeons of Dread will most certainly be a 4th Ed set. There's been no announcement of a set of the iconics, to my knowledge.

jamroar
2008-02-26, 09:08 AM
When 3rd Edition first came out Wizards turned out a line of miniatures of the main characters alongside the release (it was part of the silver anniversary too)

Either way, is there any word on them doing a repeat of this for 4th ed? because if so I'll buy every single miniature.... twice. Those were some great minis.

I doubt it, since that was from the time before they ditched occasional lead kits for randomized prepainted plastic minis. I assume they will have a plastic set of the usual suspects in the 4th ed. introduction game box set.

TheThan
2008-02-26, 12:57 PM
"Cheeto's....CHEEEto's...Give us...CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEtooooo's"

*Raises sign*

Will DM for Cheetos

Scubasteve0209
2008-02-26, 01:02 PM
That's sad.

I guess I was just excited by the production art of the 4th ed and was hoping they'd be putting out some more high quality metal minis.

Telonius
2008-02-26, 01:02 PM
From what I've heard, the old minis will be incompatible with the new system, since they'll all be sized in cm instead of inches. You'll have to buy all new ones. They might put out a new product for you to convert your old minis into the new system, but that won't be for a few months.

Also, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in purchasing.

LoopyZebra
2008-02-26, 01:16 PM
"From what I've heard, the old minis will be incompatible with the new system, since they'll all be sized in cm instead of inches. You'll have to buy all new ones. They might put out a new product for you to convert your old minis into the new system, but that won't be for a few months."

Where'd you hear that? Personally, I doubt that they'd switch over to cm, if only for the fact WotC is an American company. Also, the 4th Ed. rulebooks have units measured in "squares", which is neutral in regards to either inches or centimeters.

On a side note, they're errata-ing the DnD miniatures game into the new 4th Ed DnD minis rules, for free, meaning the stat cards for previous sets will be republished.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20071011

Mr. Friendly
2008-02-26, 01:19 PM
LoopyZebra should have read Telonius' spoiler.

LoopyZebra
2008-02-26, 01:34 PM
Heh. I still couldn't tell whether it was sarcasm or not.