PDA

View Full Version : would this be a baby or old timer?

Jayngfet
2008-02-25, 09:57 PM
I'm still making a world, and orcs and goblinoids play a huge part of the world, and the php and MM don't have anything on orc, goblin and hobgoblin ages, do you have to make them up yourself of is there a book I dot have?

Half-blood
2008-02-25, 10:54 PM
I'd say make it up, or give them halfling, or maybe Dwarf ages.

Jayngfet
2008-02-25, 11:02 PM
I'd say make it up, or give them halfling, or maybe Dwarf ages.

I know but the problem is that orcs supposedly have a shorter lifespan, that is just from looking at the half orc, but you're right

when in doubt

HOMEBREW IT!

Xyk
2008-02-26, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I'd base orc as younger than half-orc, and very similiar ages for all others.

Ganurath
2008-02-26, 12:53 AM
I say give the orcs livespans notably shorter than half-orcs for continuity. Make the goblins even more short lived to balance out their rapid reproduction and explain why they're so low tech for such a cunning race. The hobgoblins should be slightly more long-lived than humans, allowing for their disciplined lifestyle and militaristically similiar nature. Bugbears should be near ageless, like elves, their population kept in check only by their violent lifestyle.

Ashes
2008-02-26, 05:38 AM
I think there's info for that in one of the Eberron books, but I'm not completely sure. I'll go check when my DM is done using my books.