PDA

View Full Version : Jack of Blades vs. Nightmare (Warning, Spoilers to Fable)

Steven the Lich
2008-02-26, 03:07 PM
For those who didn't fully play the game Fable or the extension, I suggest you refrain from viewing the thread, you may be divulged some things which will spoil the game for you.
Jack of Blades and Nightmare both have somehow entered a small plane of existence, and they battle each other for survival.
Who wins?

Three forms on both sides, also.

Jack of Blades Forms
Jack of Blades, Villain (form he is seen most commonly, as a red robed figure with a mask. He has the Sword of Aeons in this form, mind you)
Jack of Blades, the Dragon (Final boss form in Fable, he is a huge evil dragon like this)
Jack of Blades, the Hero (Possession of the only known being to defeat him, the main hero, with all abilities (or most), and he still has the Sword of Aeons)

Nightmare Forms
Soul Calibur 2, when he still possesses Siegfried.
Soul Calibur 3, when Siggie is no longer his host.
Night Terror
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8286/nightterror5cg.jpg

Fight to the death, to the end.
You may began tearing each others throa... I mean, you may begin debating now.

DemonicAngel
2008-02-26, 03:20 PM
Well, Hero Hack vs Nightmare Terror would be an interesting fight, which would crumble Jack... soul edge would destroy him, for only his soul remains in the mask, and soul edge eats souls for dinner.

Steven the Lich
2008-02-26, 07:55 PM
Ummm... Demonic Angel, I think you're excluding the Sword of Aeons, which is pretty dang powerful (supported by Fable lore that the sword actually was used to bring together a kingdom, and drove the king himself insane), I'd say it rivals Soul Edge and is short of the true power mark, or possibly exceeding. And yeah, Night Terror (which is the actual name of the monstrous creature), would crumple hero Jack or villain Jack quite easily, because he is huge and has the energies of both soul calibur and soul edge, but would it be a match for Jack in dragon form? Debatable at the moment, I'd say.
Jack is also very shrewd, and talks first, slices later. He has more style than Nightmare, in my view, since Nightmare only goes off and seeks souls at random to restore Soul Edge.
And if you would imply, any player of Fable would argue that Jack Hero pwns all, possibly Night Terror, since they would have epic gear and spells, anda downright evil core corruption. (At least, in the game I have this so far on my current file) Also, imagine a powerful hero capable of slaying a Kraken, a Dragon, multiple rocky creatures, fighting non stop rounds in an arena and killing maybe the closest friend he had (storyline wise, at least), and all sorts of evil stuff, or maybe good, doesn't matter how you slice it, and combine it with an entity who been around for a extremely long time, burns down a village, killing all he can find in it, ordering said friends death for a bonus prize, manipulating the hero into doing exactly as he plans (except for slaying his form in the end), killed said heroes father, blinded the heroes sister, and slit the throat of the heroes mother right infront of the hero.
Combine these two guys, and you have a super bad entity, with a deadly army of Summoners (super-tough undead creatures with magic), minions (mysterious golems), bandits, and even normal undead. Even without the army, we're talking a deadly foe the likes of which the world never known in Fable, and that would go triple for ours (which SC is in... sorta). The mask isn't a big restriction either, remember that the dragon face was too large for Jacks mask to fit on, and the Hero had the mask the entire time.
Nightmare is cool, but treat Jack with some fair ground here. Saying he is crumpled just because Soul Edge eats souls without a good solid reason is sorta dissing him (especially the hero form). Plus, I believe the mask is stuck on the face good, so Nightmare is going to need to strike the face, which is going to be hard with a slow weapon, compared to the sword of Aeons which is the equivalent of a long sword, lighter and easier to use. Deflect, parry (maybe), or dodge seems to be a logical conclusion of such a head strike.
PS, its Jack, not Hack.

Sirus Diarota
2008-02-27, 04:04 PM
"Normal" Knightmare probably wouldn't be able to beat Humanoid Jack easily, even with Soul Edge. Jack might have the Sword of Aeons, but he's also got some spells up his sleeves as well.

Hero Jack would be even tougher an opponent because you have a pretty powerful warrior combined with Jack's vast experience.

Night Terror Vs Dragon Jack? Going to have to side with Night Terror here. Sure, Dragon Jack's no pushover, but he's going up against a being that is pretty much overkill in the SC universe. Not to mention that if the end section of the story mode is correct, that Night Terror could just change the battlefield to stack the odds.

Steven the Lich
2008-02-28, 05:55 AM
Good reasoning.
Point to observe, the weapon isn't everything. I believe the Sword of Aeons is next to Soul Edge in power, though it is not itself a living enitity. It is actually stated in the game that it is everything and can turn the world to nothing in one part, and it has been used to make an empire (and corrupted its king as well)

Actually, Night Terror isn't necessarily overkill in the SC world. It is possible to beat him with just about any guy in SC, you just need the skill. However, Night Terror could probably knock Jack out of the sky, but that doesn't mean he's invincible to Jacks dragon attacks. Though Night Terrors powerful beam would cut through Jacks breath, but Jack as a dragon is fast, and from what we seen of Night Terror, he flies slowly, but packs the punch. So its really speed vs. power, at the moment. I can't really say who would win.

Hero Jack is a force to be reckoned with. I actually suspect him to be the villain (or a villain) in Fable 2. However, Jack could be gone for good if they go by the alternate, but I actually like Jack. He's near the top of my villain list. Nightmare is on the same list, but not as high.

DemonicAngel
2008-02-28, 09:48 AM
Well, retaking my older statements, I believe hero Jack would win, just because I finished fable with a total evil list, and took Jack's mask...
Night terror is really strong, thats true, but he is slow as hell, while Jack, in hero form, is a nimble, very strong, armed with legendary weaponry, including sword of Aeons, and off course, Skorm's Bow. (well, actually, NT also has legendary weapons, but he is still slower then Jack).

P.S: sorry about all the typo's in the last post, I didnt check it later on.

Steven the Lich
2008-03-01, 10:54 PM
Question, do the horns show if you take Jacks mask? It was my belief they were covered, but I saw a video with the horns and mask, and now I think otherwise. And what about the hair, does it remain white if you're old in the game (which I am, and I have no way to make myself young again... damn you Lionhead for making the youth thing one go only! Now I have to go to the beginning of the game to use that eternal youth glitch, which shouldn't even be a glitch)?
Ah man... so many questions... I never actually got to the end of the game with an evil guy, only a good guy.

I was rather hoping for this thread to draw more attention... it is a interesting topic, after all. I mean, who has ever used Nightmare or Jack in any vs. thread at all? I viewed the two to be worthy combatants. Yet only two people joined this thread. :smallsigh: