PDA

View Full Version : ***ON HOLD*** Pathfinder Chronicles - Ch.1: Burnt Offerings

Gamemaster Gith
2008-02-27, 08:58 AM
Here is the intro for the In-Character thread. Our players are:

currently vacant, ???
Everett Allardyce (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3006), Human Paladin of Sarenrae 1 - GimliFett
Jurel Alastar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=41519), Human Rogue 1 - The Rogue Monk
Kaleth Ashwood (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3059), Half-elf Ranger 1 - AnIceFan
Graknen (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=8544), Dwarf Fighter 1 - Benejeseret

The Out-of-Character thread is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73371)

The Beginning
Summer is nearly ending, leading the way to earlier sunsets, cooler nights and fog shrouded mornings. They signal the approach of autumn along the Lost Coast, and the citizens of Sandpoint prepare for the Swallowtail festival on the upcoming equinox. The small coastal town bustles with activity as the dawn breaks. The daily catch is laid out for the locals to peruse, and merchants and farmers from all around make their way into town to try and profit from the festival crowds.
With the festival itself just a day away, already the town has become crowded. The markets open early, as many merchants have arrived days ahead of Town Market, hoping to milk every last copper from the masses.
You were lucky enough to get lodging in town at the Rusty Dragon, although you share a common room with four others. Some have been here for some time, and others newly arrived. Because of the crowding in the main common room, your meals are served in your quarters. This morning, the day before the festival, breakfast was a simple affair of bread and fruit. Ameiko Kaijitsu, the owner of the establishment, apologizes for not having a hot meal, but she explains she is preparing a feast for tomorrow that all can enjoy.

[OcC - here you may introduce yourselves to each other at breakfast, then excuse yourself to explore Sandpoint for a bit. You can interact with townsfolk, do research, buy additional items, brew potions, whatever. This is a chance to get a little aquainted with the town, but you will have more opportunities as time wears on.]

GimliFett
2008-02-27, 09:44 AM
Everett Allardyce

The paladin of Sarenrae looks at his roommates. "Good morn' to you all! The blessings and mercies of Sarenrae upon each of you!" he intones before taking a bite of the bread. "I am Everett Allardyce. Pleased to make your acquaintances."

As he smiles, his white teeth stand out in stark contrast to his dark skin. The merlot-colored cloak he wears hangs from his shoulders over his chain shirt. A silver holy symbol of Sarenrae, an angel with wings and arms outstretched in a welcoming embrace, rests prominently upon his chest. Neatly arranged atop his bed lie a travel pack, a heavy wooden shield, a scimitar, a sap, a warhammer and a light crossbow with its case. Hanging from the headboard is a wide-brimmed leather hat, dyed to a nearly golden hue, presumably to cover the man's shaved head and keep the sun from his hazel eyes.

Benejeseret
2008-02-27, 01:50 PM
At the noise, a mound of covers and furs stirs within the back cot, "Hmmm?" a bearded dwarfish face pokes out from the pile, "Ah, food's here."

The thick warrior stumbles out of his bunk and joins the rest over by the meal still shirtless and hairy, nodding to the paladin's introduction, "Greetin's yerself Everett. I'd be Graknen of Janderhoff."

[The dwarf is especially thick, clearly a deep warden of the clanhold and a trained dwarven warrior. He is currently shirtless and dressed only in a clan kilt of white and blue plaid. Near his cot rests a set of chainmale, heavy shield and resting against the head-rest a massive dwarven waraxe. Hazel eyes pierce through the mats of brown hair and beard flowing together as one. The tangle is mostly unruly, with the only indication of care being a collection of beards woven throughout beard and hair. Each bead is granite stone, with a small tuff of foreign hair bound around the core.]

TRM
2008-02-27, 09:14 PM
Jurel Alastar

The slight performer rolls backwards out of his seated position near his cot next the door and walks over to pick up a particularly ripe peach. Goood morning. I am Jurel Alastar, professional performer. To accentuate this he spreads his legs into a splits and touches his forehead to the floor. Nice to meet you.

As he stands, Jurel runs his hand through his close-cropped black hair and flashes a brilliant white smile before biting into the peach. He wears a loose green shirt that brings out the color of his emerald eyes against his pale olive skin. He wears several sturdy scarves of various colors around his waist and one tied around his neck. His cot is neatly made, piled on top of it are a sack, that apparently contains all his belongings, and a carefully wrapped object that is obviously sword-shaped to the discerning eye.

He finishes the peach and sets the core back down on the serving plate. I hope it won't disturb you if I go through my daily warmup and stretch routine in here, no? Without waiting for an answer, Jurel launches strait into a series of jumps and steps to get his blood flowing.
Warrior types, eh? All of you?

anIceFan
2008-02-28, 12:38 PM
Kaleth Ashwood

The fifth bed in the room sits unoccupied. Resting atop the bed is a longsword and a shortbow, with a quiver of arrows. Sitting beside the bed is a mostly empty backpack. Kaleth had been uneasy at first leaving his possessions in the room, but Ameiko had convinced him that his possessions were perfectly safe.

A few moments after breakfast is served, Kaleth enters the room with a bounce to hes step, it is apparent that something has pleased him this morning. In his hand he is holding a book shaped parcel that is completely wrapped in thin leather. His face displays a pleasant smile that puts a gleam in his slightly slanted green eyes. His floppy brown hat is lying against his back exposing unkempt black hair that is pulled back over his slightly pointed ears. His clothes and his bearing mark him as one who has spent much more time in the forest than in the city.

Ah, good morning Everett, it appears that we have garnered some new room mates overnight. Have you been able to convert any of them to Sarenrae yet?

The questioned is posed half heartedly, and Everett would know that Kaleth is only ribbing him, after enduring MANY hours of preaching from the Paladin.

As he moves into the room, he heads immediately to his backpack and deposits his package. He then slides the backpack slightly under his cot.

GimliFett
2008-02-28, 01:46 PM
Everett Allardyce

Everett grins at the half-elf. "Kal! I've not had the chance to broach the subject, yet," he smiles broadly. "I will get to the matter of their salvation shortly. You should look to your own first," he continues with a wink.

The paladin nods toward the parcel. "Is that it?"

TRM
2008-02-28, 09:00 PM
Jurel Alastar

Jurel stops his stretches suddenly at the half-elf's statement and looks at him curiously. New roommates? I've been here for almost a week. He stares intently at the platters of fruit, wracking his brains for the answer to this inconsistency.
Suddenly the dancer's face relaxes and he lets out a soft laugh. Of course! I forget that most people are active during the day. I've mostly been out exploring at night and sleeping during the daylight hourse. It's because I dislike crowds, bustling streets, the constant noise and everything else that comes long with the hordes of people. Normally I wouldn't mind Sandpoint, but with the festival coming it's becoming worse and worse... It makes it simpler to just stay in during the day.
He smiles self consciously, as if ashamed of his weakness.

Jurel returns to his exercises as he speaks, though he still keeps his attention focused on the others in the room.

anIceFan
2008-02-29, 06:55 PM
Kaleth

Kaleth returns Everett's smile at first, but then gets more subdued at mention of his parcel.

Yes, this is it. It is nothing really,just something that has caught my attention.

Kaleth knew he should have kept his mouth shut about his purchase. He liked the Paladin, someone who truly didn't care about his heritage, but that didn't mean he should tell him everything. Then again, what did it matter if people knew that he liked to read. There was no need for them to know the subject.

TRM
2008-03-02, 11:07 AM
Jurel Alastar

Jurel finishes his exercises with a final splits and then moves over to retrieve some of his gear. As he passes Keth he tosses a sidelong look at the half-elf, wondering whether to keep his silent or give into his curiosity and ask the man what he had purchased. Finally he decides for silence, reminding himself that it is best not to probe into personal matters after meeting someone only minutes ago.

At his pack, Jurel changes out of his sweaty clothing ((there are no females in the room, right?)), places his carefully wrapped weapon back in the sack, and moves towards the door. "If you will excuse me, I have business to conduct in Sandpoint today that cannot wait. Again, it was a pleasure to make your acquaintances." He bows to everyone in turn and leaves the room.

GimliFett
2008-03-02, 12:11 PM
Everett Allardyce

Everett smiles broadly, glad the half-elf had finally received what he had so eagerly sought. "Great! Glad to hear it!" He seems about to say more, but stops himself. I do wonder what it is he acquired, but he'll reveal its nature in his own time, or he won't. I can force him to do nothing, nor would I want to.

As Jurel makes his good-byes and departs, Everett waves in return. "Sarenrae's blessings on your endeavors, Jurel."

Once the door has closed, Everett returns his attention to the remaining occupants of the room. "Now, about your souls. Sarenae extends her blessings and mercies to all. Perhaps you would care to dedicate yourselves to the same tenets?" The paladin smiles easily, knowing the winning of souls is not an easy thing to accomplish, but he must try to bring others into the Everlight's embrace.

anIceFan
2008-03-03, 06:14 PM
Kaleth

Catching the look from Jurel, Kaleth has to suppress a surge of anger. There is another who just sees a halfbreed, why must they always judge me!

When Everett begins to pontificate about the wonders of Sarenae, Kaleth quickly concludes his business and heads back outside.
Having heard your wondrous arguments, I will excuse myself so you can better commit yourself to the noble Graknen. He shoots the dwarf an apologetic look. He has grown fond of Everett over the last couple of days, but boy can he go on about Saranrae.

When Kaleth leaves the room, he has no particular destination in mind.He wanders down market street and makes his way south along the waterfront. As he heads along, he spots the sign for The Fixie's Kitten, for the briefest of moments he considers paying a visit, but decides against it.

He continues on his way, and after a while finds himself up at Savah's Armory, he recalls that he recently broke his dagger, so he stops in to purchase another.

After that he will find a gathering of people and just hang out.

Yes, I know, Kaleth misconstrued Jurel's look. He is very sensitive to the half breed thing. I notice that you tend to see whatever you look for.

Benejeseret
2008-03-03, 11:41 PM
"Some us don't seek redemption preacher, a good end is all I need."

The burly dwarf starts into the foodstuff on the table with both fists and the unconventional use of an elbow. As the researves run low Graknen turns again to the paladin.

"And besides, us Dwarves don't take well to tha light ya know, too fair skinned the lot of us," the dwarf breaks into a deep chuckle. He pushes back from the table and begins collecting his gear. "You have a plan fer tha day preacher?"

GimliFett
2008-03-04, 01:08 PM
Everett Allardyce

Everett's smile fades at the dwarf's response. "I did not mean actual light, friend, but the metaphysical light within us all. So many have nearly snuffed their lights it sadde-- Oh!" Everett grins as he finally understands the dwarf's jest, then replies to Graknen's question. "I thought I might look at the preparations being made for the celebration, then call upon my Uncle and his family for a time. As I hail from Magnimar, we have had so few opportunities for visits, you know. What about you, sir?"

TRM
2008-03-05, 09:15 PM
Jurel Alastar

In the street, Jurel pauses to admire the beautiful fall weather before moving down the road towards the Sandpoint Theatre. Thankfully the streets are still relatively empty due to the early hour and he makes good time, only having to take one detour to avoid a large group of people gathered around one of the shops.

At the theatre he stops, seeming to loiter idly in one of the alley ways; while actually scoping out the building for a clean section of wall that faces the main street.

OOC
It's a practical joke/vengeance plan against the owner of the Theatre. I'll PM you tomorrow, Gith, with details of what I plan to do and why.

After committing the area surrounding the Theatre to memory, Jurel heads over to the general store to make some purchases.

Benejeseret
2008-03-07, 07:32 PM
Graknen

"Lookin' fer the sheriff a this place, seenin' if he needs a few extra boots on tha ground ta keep tha peace during this whole ruckus of a festival. Hoping ta make a few coins fer it a course."

By now the dwarf has struggled into his chainmail and bound his items, shield and axe around his waist or back. He grabs a few more morsels of food for the road before heading toward the door.

"Good-day preacher, stay out a trouble now eh?" The dwarf lets out another deep chuckle and head out into town.

(He will be wandering around, asking about the law until directed to the city watch/guard to seek employment)