PDA

View Full Version : New cohort?

monty
2008-02-28, 12:22 AM
I was originally planning to have a Petal (MM3 p. 120) Favored Soul as a cohort (seriously, +8 to Cha), but my DM decided to not let me use anything from Eberron. So now I'm looking for something else to keep me from dying. Are there any other low-LA (+2 or lower preferably) races that have ridiculous bonuses to Wis and/or Cha or something similar? I'm not planning to send it into combat much, so the other ability scores aren't much of an issue, and it'll probably be undead, so a Con penalty would actually be preferable.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-02-28, 04:14 AM
Although MM3 is rather 'Eberron-friendly', Petal is NOT from (or limited to, for that mater) Eberron. It's not as an Eberron-centred creature as an Undying Councilor might be, so it's okay to use 'em and love 'em.

Tempest Fennac
2008-02-28, 04:23 AM
Catfolk have a +1 LA, bu t they aren't hobbled with Humanoid HD. They only get a +2 to Cha, but they also have a +4 to Dex, which means that having one as a Favoured Sould of Ehlonna for the Longbow proficiency would work well. http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Races.pdf may contain some other useful races.

kentma57
2008-02-28, 08:37 AM
Human Cleric, what better to keep you alive.... And depending on your level, bring you back for the dead...

PS: take "improved cohort"[heros of battle] raises you leadership score buy one and makes you cohort only one level bellow you...

monty
2008-02-28, 09:22 AM
Although MM3 is rather 'Eberron-friendly', Petal is NOT from (or limited to, for that mater) Eberron. It's not as an Eberron-centred creature as an Undying Councilor might be, so it's okay to use 'em and love 'em.

My DM seemed to think so, though, so he wouldn't let me use it.