View Full Version : Arena Tournament, Round 33: TEMBWBAM vs. Kor

ArenaManager
2008-02-28, 03:27 AM
Arena Tournament, Round 33: TEMBWBAM vs. Kor

Map:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/glasshouse.png

XP Award: 300 XP
GP Award: 300 GP

Talic - TEMBWBAM (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=2880)
Bayar - Kor Battleborn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42319)

All Combatants, please roll initiative.

Bayar
2008-02-28, 03:43 AM
OOC: A ranged sneak attacker? You do realise that you have to be at least 30 feet away from your target for this to work and that you face a barbarian that has a range of 80 feet? Probably not yet...:smallamused:
I dont have money to buy anything.

Initiative: [roll0]

IC: Kor swings his greatsword as he enters the arena. May we fight with honor today, master rogue.

Talic
2008-02-28, 04:22 AM
Perhaps a bit more accurate to say "at most. 30 feet"... Of course, I also have to be unseen, well, that or outbluff you.

Initiative: [roll]1d20+5[/b]

So he says to me, you gotta do something smart, baby, something big! He says you want to be a supervillain, right, and I go yeah baby, yeah yeah! What do I gotta do? He says you got bombs, blow up the Comet Club, it's packed with superheroes…you'll go down in supervillain history and I go Yeah baby 'cause I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

(no purchases immediately, reserve right to buy if blah blah you know the drill)

Talic
2008-02-28, 04:31 AM
One more time.
Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Purchases, 1 torch. That'll be it.

Bayar
2008-02-28, 04:50 AM
No purchases being purchased. Go ahead and start round 1.

Go into the battle with power and might !

Talic
2008-02-28, 06:50 AM
Round 1

TEMBWBAM begins at Y14, a flask in each hand.

He travels southwest, until a pair of panels lies between us, providing total concealment, and breaking LoS (as I move into V16).

Remainder of turn

hide: [roll0]
MS: [roll1]

Continue move to V15, using concealment from glass to stay hidden, while re-establishing LOS to my non-hiding opponent.
Standard: Ready an action to move if my opponent breaks LOS.

Done.

Stats:

Readied action, see above text.
HP: 8/8
AC: 18/Touch 16/FF 13
In hand: Alchemist's fire, Acid vial
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Bayar
2008-02-28, 08:38 AM
Erm, total concealment doesnt equal breaking LOS, it is just 50% miss chance...

Paladin Latham
2008-02-28, 08:44 AM
Ah, but your foe is clever. You need to make spot checks now to see him. Believe it.

Bayar
2008-02-28, 08:52 AM
Kor Battleborn - Round 1

You are a sneaky one. Deception versus might. I take the challenge !

@refs:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Kor Battleborn starts in A14 and double-moves to E26.
Steady breathing is the trick...

Stats:
HP: 14/14
AC: 15 T: 11 FF:14
Rage: Not activated
Speed: 40

Paladin Latham
2008-02-28, 08:59 AM
You can't actually just break LoS by moving however. If you want to change your action based on that knowledge you can.

Bayar
2008-02-28, 09:01 AM
I modified it in the previous post, but do I see/hear anything?

Paladin Latham
2008-02-28, 09:02 AM
@bayar:
No LoS. Don't hear anything either.

Bayar
2008-02-28, 09:03 AM
your turn...

Talic
2008-02-28, 09:54 AM
Round 2

Action:

Move: to U15
Ready Action: Move if opponent gains LoS to me without concealment.

Done

Stats:

Movement: V15 to U15(Hiding, Moving Silent)
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Bayar
2008-02-28, 10:52 AM
Kor Battleborn - Round 2

Time to find the little hobbit!

Run to W26
Spot: [roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Stats:
HP: 14/14

Your turn, but will wish some LOS...

Talic
2008-02-28, 11:23 AM
Based on your location, and my hide check, you cannot have LOS, with a spot modifier of 0.

TEMBWBAM - Round 3

No Movement. Maintain current hide and MS check.
Ready action, throw attack (Alchemist's Fire) if Kor enters LoE within 30 feet.

Done.

Stats:

Movement: None; in U15(Hiding, Moving Silent)
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Bayar
2008-02-28, 12:52 PM
Huh? No LOS? But I am...damn you !
:smallfurious:

Move to V20. I think I should get LOS now...since you are probably hiding behind some panels inside the square...

Not done.

Talic
2008-02-28, 01:28 PM
Not as of now. Bear in mind, all I need to hide is 1 panel. Partial concealment will do. I need 2 panels to get total concealment, which is what I need to hide if you have LoS.

Bayar
2008-02-28, 02:04 PM
K, continuing to move...until I reach V14...still have move left.

Can I see you now ?

Talic
2008-02-28, 03:23 PM
Now you'll need a ref to verify. I believe you may have it, but I'm not 100%. I know you trigger my readied action, but let's get someone in here to rule LOS before anything else.

Maurkov
2008-02-29, 12:08 AM
Ref Maurkov

Since TEMBWBAM doesn't have a move action available to snipe, LoS is automatically established after his readied action is triggered. I don't believe it is a sneak attack, however, as the wall is providing cover and concealment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm#concealment) against ranged attacks, though no concealment against melee attacks. Then Kor can complete his turn.

@KorI believe Kor has 20' of movement remaining.

@TEMBWBAMI have a problem with your Round 2 readied action. I think you need to be specific about to where you plan to move. The action never triggered, so no harm done.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 01:39 AM
@refs:
Yes, I still have 20' move left. I just want to know if he is anywhere near me so that I can go adjactent to him.

Talic
2008-02-29, 06:32 AM
Bah, if she were 5 feet farther away, I'd be able to ignore the wall.

See, that's why I wanted a ref in here, I wouldn't have caught that.

My readied action was an attack. Since Cover provides a greater bonus to your AC than I'm gettting to my attack (+4 vs the 1 I get for you being Flat footed, and the 2 I get from being concealed), AND you're getting a 20% miss chance, I'm going to take a 5 foot step prior to my attack, establishing LoS.

Free action: 5 foot step from U15 to S14, establishing LOS for all parties, and removing the cover and concealment bonuses from the wall (sigh).

Attack Action: Throw Alchemist's fire: Ranged touch attack, +5 dex, +1 size, +1 for halfling thrown weapons, versus your touch AC of 11.

[roll0]
If it hits:[roll1]

Talic
2008-02-29, 06:33 AM
It was a threat:
[roll0]
If it crits:[roll1]

EDIT: And a crit for a whopping 3 damage. I'm in S14, finish your second move action.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 06:57 AM
1. I doubt you can take a 5 Ft step with your readied action unless you stated you would when you readied said action. I fail at this...

2. It is nigh impossible to 5ft step to S14 from U15.

3. The thing you threw at me has a range increment of 10 Ft. you are at a distance of 15 Ft.

Bah, if she were 5 feet farther away, I'd be able to ignore the wall.
It is a male orc...dont **** around with his manhood or you will be shown no mercy

5. You will be dead...

6. Need a ref to find out what is and isnt valid from what I stated above...

Talic
2008-02-29, 07:24 AM
2. It is nigh impossible to 5ft step to S14 from U15.

Misread map, T14.

3. The thing you threw at me has a range increment of 10 Ft. you are at a distance of 15 Ft.

Not any longer, once the error in the map reading is corrected.

It is a male orc...dont **** around with his manhood or you will be shown no mercy

OOC comments are directed at players, not characters. Further, I expect to be shown no mercy. All IC comments will be color coded, FYI

EDIT: Removed comments directed at contention of 5 foot space, as that was withdrawn. Specifically, concealment roll for if I was not allowed to move, and a few comments.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 07:30 AM
what is that thing in your post reading :
post roll does not match database. ?

OOC comments are directed at players, not characters. Further, I expect to be shown no mercy. All IC comments will be color coded, FYI

And I am male too...

Talic
2008-02-29, 07:33 AM
what is that thing in your post reading :
post roll does not match database. ?

And I am male too...

Sorry 'bout that then.

Post roll does not match database is in ref to the concealment roll that was removed, in case I was not allowed to move 5ft with the action. Since you retracted your contention #1, it was removed. At this point, it's the only roll that could have been made.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 07:35 AM
Aha, K.

Finishing my turn: Move to U14.

Your turn...

Stats:
HP: 11/14

Talic
2008-02-29, 07:57 AM
K.

My turn:
Move action: Draw another flask. (had to check to make sure no AoO).

On my turn, you take [roll0] fire damage from previous Alchemist's fire.

For Refs

Readied action, attack with alchemist's fire if she makes any attack on me. This will be prefaced with a 5 foot step, most likely.

Drawn Flask was Alchemist's fire.

Done.

Stats:

Movement: None; in T14

Also, if you'd like to edit your ref intervention request in the Waiting Room, as we seem to be back on track.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 08:12 AM
Kor Battleborn - Round 3

Through fire and flames we carry on !

Ready an action to attack my target if he moves in any way, including a 5ft step, or if he tries to attack me.

your turn hotshot...

Stats:HP: 5/14

Talic
2008-02-29, 08:32 AM
Hmmm, you've obviously got a readied action... Is it for move, or attack? I gotta assume move, as I provoke an attack anyway with these ranged weapons if I use 'em up close. With your listed attack bonus of 8, you've got a 55% shot of dropping me in one blow, which I don't like. That 3d6 should have staggered you, meh, can't always get the rolls to average out. Can't count on the crits anyway. Hmm. Well, my go.

@refs:

Readied action, attack if she makes any attack on me. This will be prefaced with a 5 foot step, most likely.

Your go there, buddy. Who flinches first?

Stats:

An object at rest, cannot be stopped!

Bayar
2008-02-29, 08:53 AM
You clearly readied an action to attack me with that bottle of yours...but I wonder what kind of trigger it has?

Kor 5ft stepps into T13.

Ready an action to attack him if he makes any sort of action, move standard, free, whatever

The battle between the Immovable Object and the Unstoppable Force has begun, who will win?

Edit: Your turn, so that you know...

Talic
2008-02-29, 09:09 AM
Not that, sadly.

No visible Actions.

@Refs:

He won't catch me by surprise, this time. Since ,by RAW, you can't perform a readied action on your turn, I'll ready an action to attack if he does anything, other than speak.

Thought just occurred to me... Move, attack, he could cover all of it with that action I just used. I'll try a gamble, if it works, I win; if not, no harm done. Speech below is AFTER my turn ends, but before his begins... I love how speech is the only free action that you can do out of initiative count.

Done.

Stats

Free Action: (speak) Am I the unstoppable force, then?

Bayar
2008-02-29, 09:17 AM
Kor Battleborn - Round 5

You dont get it, do you ? :smallamused:

Damn him with his readied action...he doesnt want to take a 5ft step to attack me on his turn so that I move and probably trigger his readied action, but I am clever :smallamused:

I ready an action to attack him if he does anything at all, Move, attack, 5ft, , piss, surrender, move 5ft, withdraw, any free/move/standard action.
Hopefully I will get him this round...

Your turn...

Stats:
HP: 5/14

Talic
2008-02-29, 10:25 AM
@ refs

I'll ready an action to attack if he does anything, other than speak. Same as before, speaking is after my turn ends, before his begins.

Done.

stats:

Free action (speak): Oh, I'll get it alright... But do I want it?

Bayar
2008-02-29, 12:37 PM
@refs
Can I use my readied action now, because he spoke?

Maurkov
2008-02-29, 12:45 PM
Ref Maurkov

"Speak
In general, speaking is a free action...." So it's an action, and a perceptible one.

TEMBWBAM opens his mouth to speak, triggering Kor's action.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 01:00 PM
Ready action in your turn

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: your dead Jim.

Talic
2008-02-29, 01:03 PM
And your readied action triggers mine. :)

Notice how every speech block was AFTER I announced done?

Speak

In general, speaking is a free action that you can perform even when it isn’t your turn. Speaking more than few sentences is generally beyond the limit of a free action.

Per my readied action in post 34 (and again in 36), my speech was made Between our turns. I further bolded the Free action part, Hoping you were making the same readied action I was... Or close, at least. Since it's not my turn, I can take my readied action.

That will be posted in just a moment.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 01:05 PM
that is not legal. you cant do that. A readied action shoud not trigger a readied action, because it interrupts the normal flow of the combat, just like AOO's

Talic
2008-02-29, 01:05 PM
My readied action:

5 foot step, T15.

Throw alchemist's fire.

[roll0]
If hits AC 11, [roll]1d6]

if threat: [roll1]
If crit: [roll2]

Bayar
2008-02-29, 01:06 PM
read above dude...

Since it is NOT your turn, I cant take my readied action because it is MY turn...

Talic
2008-02-29, 01:06 PM
Damage roll formatted incorrectly:

[roll0]

Talic
2008-02-29, 01:08 PM
Sequence of events:

You ready an action to attack.
I ready an action, to attack you if you make any action, other than speaking.
I end my turn.

BETWEEN our turns, I speak.

You take your readied action (attack).
That triggers my readied action, which goes off first.

Get a ref to rule it, if you like. I just won.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 01:08 PM
time Out Ffs !!!

You won JACK. Because, speaking between turns is illegal, I havent seen this in the rulebook. Thus, you speak in my turn, that means I cant use my readied action because it is my turn. So nothing happens.

And I still dont think it is possible to trigger a readied action with a readied action.

Maurkov
2008-02-29, 01:12 PM
Ref Maurkov

But your readied action re-triggers his readied action, since it takes place before what will be the triggering action. Which re-triggers yours in an infinite loop. Were I allowed to make up rules, I would give priority to gladiator with the higher init mod. Instead, I will punt to the high refs.

Talic
2008-02-29, 01:23 PM
Readied actions can only be taken once. He elected to take his, and started the swing. This means that her readied action is being used. It cannot trigger again if it's already been declared that he's performing it.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 01:31 PM
call me "she" one more time and it will be HELL to pay.

Just want to say this: There is no time during 2 turns. turns exchange instantly. It is NIGH impossible to speak in 0 seconds 0 miliseconds, 0 time, even as a free action, because it DOES NOT EXIST. Either it happens in your turn, which triggers my attack and kills you, either in my turn which does squat because I cant use a readied action in my turn. It is up to you to decide on the 2 alternatives.

Talic
2008-02-29, 02:51 PM
There is every amount of time. That's why initiative count happens. 20 is before 19 is before 18 and so on and so forth. Regardless of whether or not those initiative counts are used, does not mean that they don't exist.

Wait for the high ref to rule it. Either way, I'll accept it. I've done all I can do, you've done all you can do. One way or the other, one of us has won.

As for the she/he thing, sorry, I view cats in the feminine, and the pic threw me off. I'm workin' on it, so please forgive any slip ups. I correct them as soon as I notice.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 03:09 PM
No, we are 2 people so we go one after the other.

Kyeudo
2008-02-29, 03:47 PM
GM Kyeudo

First, everyone calm down.

Second, lets be clear on the RAW here.

Speaking is a free action, so long as it is less than 25 words, and, unlike other free actions, can be performed during anyones turn.

Initive counts that don't have someone acting on them do not exist. There is nothing in the Inititive rules to suggest that they do. So, that means that it is either TEMBWAM's turn or Kor's turn, with nothing inbetween.

You cannot trigger a readied action on your turn.

Now, lets go back to what started this.

TEMBWAM spoke after his turn was over. This means he did it at the begining of Kor's turn. Kor mistakenly believed that TEMBWAM had spoken during his turn, and so believed his ready action had triggered. Because TEMBWAM believed it was Kor's turn, he believed that his ready action triggered.

In the end, none of this was supposed to happen. It is Round 6, Kor's turn. Take it away.

Talic
2008-02-29, 04:05 PM
K, Bayar, your go. My sneaky trick was ruled to not work, and did not trigger your action. Good luck.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 04:25 PM
Kor Battleborn - Round 6

Seems that I blink first...heh...

Taking total defence as a standard action.
and 5ft step back to S12.

I really dont know what to do else...so I trigger your attack...

I also end my turn and pray that you miss me.

Stats:
AC: 19 T: 15 FF:14

Talic
2008-02-29, 05:02 PM
And I shall take that attack. However, since you haven't quite moved yet, I'll need to take a 5 foot step.

Free: 5ft Step to S15. (from T14).

Now, you're still in T13, 10 feet from me.

Vs AC 15 (+1 Dex, +4 Total Defense)

Touch Attack (Alch Fire): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If Threat: [roll2]
If Crit: [roll3]

EDIT: And you survive! :)

Assuming you survive, you'll 5 foot step to S12, and have a move equivalent action remaining in your turn. For what it's worth, regardless of the outcome, you're a good opponent. I didn't count on you using the wall as cover in that first attack, otherwise, it'd likely have been the game. Either way, I wouldn't try to rules-jitsu you if I didn't think my shot at winning was in bad shape. Good luck to you.

Bayar
2008-02-29, 05:12 PM
Continuing my turn...

K, so I have some move left...damn, should have moved normally since you cant AOO with a thrown weapon...I am a /r/etard...

dunno what to do with a move action, so I let you take it away...

Stats:

Talic
2008-02-29, 05:43 PM
Hm, that Touch AC 15 is rough. I mean, I could try to hit you again, but if I miss, I'm toast. And by toast, I mean butter me, jam me, and I'm done. Not that I'm burnt (that's Kor). So, let's see, checking my options... Got it. As you're in S12, 15 feet from me in S15, a +5 attack would be foolishly chancy, and a 5 foot step for a +7 would be high suicidal, if I missed. So... the chase is on!

Round 7

Move Action: S15 to O19. Now, you've still got within 40 feet, and a charge. Not enough.

Move Action: O19 to...Well, lose LOS as I move from M19 to L18...

@Refs:

Continue to J16.

That's my turn. Thank goodness the readied action standoff is over!

Stats:

Movement: Double move, S15 to J16, by way of O19.
In hand: Acid vial
Used this match: Alchemist's Fire x2

Your go, sir. The game's afoot! Will it be your movement that takes me in one fell swoop, or do my Flaming Flasks carry the day??

Bayar
2008-03-01, 03:57 PM
1 question...you used 3 flame bottles, right? That means you dont have any more flaming bottles and only acid bottles, right?

Talic
2008-03-01, 06:00 PM
1 question...you used 3 flame bottles, right? That means you dont have any more flaming bottles and only acid bottles, right?

Two. One in first attack, one last round. The other, that was used in the part of the match that was erased. One more flame, 3 more acid.

EDIT: Per previous rulings. Items that miss their target hit in the square they were aimed at. By that, the last alchemist's fire missed you, but it did hit your square (I think). Everyone within 5 feet of a splash weapon takes 1 point of damage. (No repeat on this damage. Followup damage only applies on direct hits).

The second alchemist's fire did 1 damage to you, even though it missed, if I am correct. I'd like a ruling on it though, cause I'm not 100%.

Bayar
2008-03-03, 02:52 AM
Ah yes, you are right...i take 1 damage more...

And I want to say. The tactic with readied against attack to 5ft step and throw completely kills a mellemancer...

Not to mention that this map should make it impossible to hide even with total concealment since it is ****ing glass FFS.

Also, I would like you to explain to me what do you mean by

All Alchemical Items on sheet with craft DC of 20 or less are crafted by me. This excludes antitoxin, sunrod, tanglefoot bag, and thunderstone, which have DC 25. Total savings thus far: 60gp, Net savings after MW tool: 10gp.
Did you buy it after crafting the items or what?

Kor Battleborn - Round 7

Kor moves to N14, feeling burns all over his body, but ignoring them.
Honorless dog. Hiding in the shadows will get you nowhere!
And with that he smashes the glass panel at M14-N14.

Attack:[roll0]
damage:[roll1]
Next time you will be tho one getting smashed!

Not done, need LOS.

Stats:
HP: 4/14

Talic
2008-03-03, 03:14 AM
I spent 50gp on the MW tool, to give me a total of +10 to Craft (Alchemy). (4 ranks, +3 skill focus, +2 tool, +1 illiterate) From there, all my alchemical items are hand crafted. This enables me to make them at half cost. So far, I've spent 60 gp making alchemical items, and thus saved 60gp in the process. The MW tool was 50, so, after all expenses, I'm saving 10gp. It's my personal way of telling myself that my Skill focus in Alchemy isn't totally wasted. :)

EDIT: And no need for a ref, I'm clearly visible through the hole you just made, in J16.

EDITEDIT: Oh, and I've been toying with the idea of a Meleemancer with 20 ft reach. Abrupt Jaunt will be hard pressed to save someone, much less a 5 foot step.

EDITEDITEDIT: I think of the glass in this arena as being one shade clearer than stained glass. Not easy to see through at all. Alternately, it IS 3 inches thick. If the glass is low quality, at that thickness, you'd get severe distortion. With two seperate panes, it would be nigh impossible to see through.

chilepepper
2008-03-03, 03:37 AM
ref chilepepper

EDIT: Per previous rulings. Items that miss their target hit in the square they were aimed at. By that, the last alchemist's fire missed you, but it did hit your square (I think). Everyone within 5 feet of a splash weapon takes 1 point of damage. (No repeat on this damage. Followup damage only applies on direct hits).

The second alchemist's fire did 1 damage to you, even though it missed, if I am correct. I'd like a ruling on it though, cause I'm not 100%.

Here's the rule from the SRD.

Throw Splash Weapon

A splash weapon is a ranged weapon that breaks on impact, splashing or scattering its contents over its target and nearby creatures or objects. To attack with a splash weapon, make a ranged touch attack against the target. Splash weapons require no weapon proficiency, so you don’t take the -4 nonproficiency penalty. A hit deals direct hit damage to the target, and splash damage to all creatures within 5 feet of the target.

You can instead target a specific grid intersection. Treat this as a ranged attack against AC 5. However, if you target a grid intersection, creatures in all adjacent squares are dealt the splash damage, and the direct hit damage is not dealt to any creature. (You can’t target a grid intersection occupied by a creature, such as a Large or larger creature; in this case, you’re aiming at the creature.)

If you miss the target (whether aiming at a creature or a grid intersection), roll 1d8. This determines the misdirection of the throw, with 1 being straight back at you and 2 through 8 counting clockwise around the grid intersection or target creature. Then, count a number of squares in the indicated direction equal to the range increment of the throw.

After you determine where the weapon landed, it deals splash damage to all creatures in adjacent squares.

So, since there was no range penalty, it'll still splash your opponent, but depending on which square it lands in, it might splash you. Since "1 being straight back from you" could be one of two squares, you'll have to state which square is the result of a 1 before the roll.

Since I'm an initiate ref, either of you are encouraged to get a high ref to confirm if you question the above.

Talic
2008-03-03, 03:52 AM
Actually, that's a solid interpretation, I agree with it. Bayar already agreed to the 1 damage, so, unless he has a problem based on the exact wording, then:

Counting Clockwise, with a result of 1 being North (12 o'clock).

[roll0]

The 1 damage doesn't really bother me, either way, 1 hit from Kor and I'm clobbered.

Edit: Back in my general direction, I take 1 damage as well.

Bayar
2008-03-03, 03:58 AM
Ok.

I move to N15 and end my turn.

Stats:
HP: 4/14

Talic
2008-03-03, 04:02 AM
Minor question:

You moved to N14 prior to your attack. How are you also moving to N15 after it?

Bayar
2008-03-03, 04:03 AM
had 5 feet of move left...

Talic
2008-03-03, 04:06 AM
had 5 feet of move left...

Unless I'm terribly mistaken, characters may not perform movement as you described without the Spring Attack feat.

Bayar
2008-03-03, 04:13 AM
Oh, so you are right. It has been done before though. You are the first one to comment on it...

Redoing:

I am in N14. And smashed the glass.

@refs:
This guy is annoying the living **** out of me. Raging !

Stats:
HP: 6/16
AC: 13 T: 11 FF:14
Rage: 1/7

Your turn.

Talic
2008-03-03, 05:57 AM
By my odds, your lethality still gives you an edge. I need to whittle you down more, and for that, I need something other than what I have now. So, let's try this.

TEMBWBAM, Round 8

Double move, starting in J16. You lose LOS as I move from E13 to E12...

for refs:

... ending in D7.
Hide: [roll0]

Done.

EDIT:
Also for Refs:

Currently broken panes: Ground level, Glass between M14 and N14.

Stats:
Movement: Double move, J16 to D7.
HP: 7/8

Odds

Odds of 1 shot kill: 85% hit chance * 50% stagger/kill chance = 42.5%
At 20 feet: 75% hit chance * 50% stagger/kill chance = 37.5%

Opponent: 55% hit chance, 100% kill chance = 55%
On a charge or raging: 65%, 100% = 65%
Both: 75%, 100% = 75%.

Bayar
2008-03-03, 09:19 AM
Move to F14.

Need LOS.

Talic
2008-03-03, 09:40 AM
As of yet, no LoS.

I'll get a ref to confirm tho.

Edit: I've still got you at 2 to 1 odds to win, by the numbers. Mainly because hit = win, for you.

chilepepper
2008-03-04, 05:31 AM
ref chilepepper
korno los
tembwbamobviously you see her

Talic
2008-03-05, 03:05 AM
Still your turn, Bayar....

Bayar
2008-03-05, 03:39 AM
lol, forgot about that, thx for reminding me, but I am not at home, so I dont know exactly what move to play...can ye wait alittle bit more?

Talic
2008-03-05, 04:33 AM
No prob, I just wanted you to post! Didn't want to win by DQ, ya know?

Bayar
2008-03-05, 01:19 PM
Forum is busted. Hope that this message gets posted though...

Bayar
2008-03-06, 02:17 AM
Move to E14, not done, need LOS.

Talic
2008-03-06, 07:42 AM
That establishes LOS. I'm in D7.

Bayar
2008-03-06, 08:34 AM
Move to E8 and end my turn.

Hurry up and throw something at me already !

Talic
2008-03-06, 12:07 PM
LOL, As I said, you still have a lethality edge. I need to find a way to put us at least on parity before I all kamikaze on you. Specially since I only have 1 vial in hand, can't slow down, and have to keep you double moving without starting LoS to stop readied actions and charges. :) Cause even if your move's a bit better... You can't keep up with me when I'm moving unless you double. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I don't know exactly WHY you want me to throw... But the fact that you want me to, and soon, well, that's a good reason for me to hold off on it. At the very least, I want my alchie fire in hand, and for that, I need to get away enough to rehide for a round. Thus, I needs ta trick you.

TEMBWBAM - Round 9

Full Round action - Withdraw.

Move from D7, breaking LOS as I move from E6 to F5.

Remainder of turn:

Finishing move in M1.
Hide: [roll0]

Changes in Arena (all players/refs may view):

Currently broken panes: Ground level, Glass between M14 and N14.

Done.

Stats:

Movement: Withdraw action, D7 to M1. D7 does not count as threatened for the move.
HP: 7/8

Bayar
2008-03-08, 10:16 AM
I hate this match. You will run away from me for ever. And I suspect that you have been reading my spoilers...

Move to F5. Not done, need LOS.

Talic
2008-03-08, 06:31 PM
None yet. As for the other. I will not run eternally. I will attempt to get a strategic advantage and use it. Part of that is using the terrain.

As for the accusation...

Here's my analysis of the battle thus far: (anyone can read)

My AC is 18. You're swingin' a +8 to hit, and can rage as a free action before you attack, for a +10. If you get a charge, that's a +12. Thus, the worst bonus you'll get when you attack is a 65% hit chance, with 100% kill if you hit. Best, if I give you a charge is a 75%. Thus, in a standup fight, every round I let you swing, there is a 65-75% chance that I lose.

Your touch AC is 11. I'm swingin' a +7 to hit, for a 85% hit chance at a range of 10 feet. Not bad. Assuming I get a throw, regardless of what I hit you with, I have to get a 5 or a 6 to win, as, if I get a 4, you can rage on your action to get HP and leave the disabled status. Thus, I have a 33% chance of win, if I hit. That gives me a 28% chance to win overall, on the stand up fight. If I don't double move, you get an attack. If I don't block straight line, you get a charge attack. Either of these gives me a very, VERY likely chance of losing. So I can't let that happen. You've got roughly 5 to 2 odds on me, as it stands.

**(EDIT: Oh, and forget how many alchemical items I have. I have 1 item. 1 throw, cause if I slow down to grab another, I'm most likely dead. 1 shot, 28% kill chance (around a 30% if it's alchemist's fire).)**

Thus, I double move, and I block straight line charges, for now. Do you disagree with anything I've posted above? Would you take the odds, were you in my position? Or would you try to pull off a fast one?

Note, I've been reminding you of your actions. I've been TRYING to do this the right way. If I win, I want it to be because I earned it, not because I took you down because of a technicality.

Tell me, how does that mesh with your suspicions?

EDITEDIT: I may have taken risks, but I don't think I've made any stupid plays here. You're an aggressive player, Bayar. You're not content to wait me out, or sneak. You started the match with an air that seemed like you didn't even consider the possibility of loss. I used a few tricks, and you underestimated me. If it weren't for how close you were to the wall earlier, you'd be dead now. Since then, you've not let me try the same tricks again, and you've kept me on the defensive, kept me backpedaling, through very aggressive, and very intelligent moves. You've kept me at a disadvantage, unable to draw equipment, attack, or draw far enough away to hide effectively. Every guess I've made as to your actions has been based on what would be most disadvantageous to me if it were true. So far, if I'm batting a thousand, it's because your overall tactic is the one that I can think of that I least want to happen, and I have to figure how to change that.

Talic
2008-03-10, 06:29 PM
This ain't worth grumblin' over, though. I've got a relatively low chance of getting away from you, and I'm still pretty sure I can make up whatever happens next round. You've obviously lost most of the interest in the match, and I'm pretty sure no matter what I do, you'll likely win.

As I don't want to see you lose on the technicality of not posting for a while, and I honestly think you're probably gonna take this one... I'm conceding the match. Let's move on to new opponents.

Mavian
2008-03-10, 06:34 PM
Or the boards complete lack of working the last couple days may have played into why he hasn't posted. But if you'd still like to concede, I can have the papers drawn up in a heartbeat.

Talic
2008-03-10, 06:36 PM
Or the boards complete lack of working the last couple days may have played into why he hasn't posted. But if you'd still like to concede, I can have the papers drawn up in a heartbeat.

I do. I think neither of us are really having fun here anymore, and that's the whole point of this. My build's solid, I can take a loss and bounce back.

Mavian
2008-03-10, 06:44 PM
High Ref Mav:

By the power invested in me by the Grand Ref Kyeudo, and the Omnipresent Chiligod, I hereby declare this match for Kor. You may pick up your gift basket at the door.

Bayar
2008-03-11, 01:29 AM
yeah, the forum was working like crap for me...hopefully it will still be working later...