PDA

View Full Version : Threads of a Prophecy [IC]

Neftren
2008-02-28, 10:01 AM
Lightning rips the sky apart in a spectacular flash of jagged light. The rain comes pouring down over the Sea of Siran as the storm passes over the small outpost on the fringes of the powerful Igmarin Empire. A tall tower stands resolute; a large flame burns at the top. A beacon to all ships passing this way, as if there were any going to be here.

Well actually, yeah a ship does in fact happen to be coming in. The small skiff fights to reach the shore, where it docks after surviving the pitching, rolling waves. Ten individuals debark the ship. Nine have been silent the whole voyage, thinking about their future ahead. One has been restlessly dreaming.

The Drill Sergeant approaches. "Welcome to Phoenix Point. The last stop before the wilderness. It's Pirqag territory out there, and it's your job to survey it. Any questions? No? Follow me." Without even pausing to see if anyone has questions, he walks off towards the small barracks next to the tower.

AmberVael
2008-02-28, 10:31 AM
A short woman with strange, fiery eyes among the group looks up at the Drill Sergeant, brushing back a bit of her medium length black hair with a hand that has an odd, faintly shiny appearance to it. It's nothing unnatural- more as if it were recently recovered burn scar, or perhaps touched with oil. This woman's name is Audra, and her flaming eyes and flame touched hands give testimony to the strange magic she wields at the command of the Igmarin military.
Resisting the urge to roll her eyes at the lack of opportunity to ask questions, Audra follows the Drill sergeant, her posture straight, tall as she can manage, and seemingly disciplined enough. She figured speaking up wouldn't be an especially good idea with his hurry, so she kept her mouth shut. Not that she really had questions- she'd figure out what needed to be done as it came up, so lack of instruction and questions just meant less time wasted and more time for her to spend as needed or as she wanted. Fine by her...
Her stride has a hint of the military formality and march to it. It's just something you can't shake off after it's been forced onto you and ingrained as a habit. Still, right now things seem more informal, so she's not truly marching. She looks up at around, grinning at the lightning and rain. Storms had always been a favorite condition of hers. Lightning was especially fascinating. Still- time for that later, after everything had been sorted out. With a snap of her head, she looks to the Drill Sergeant she's following and keeps her attention on him.

Breten
2008-02-28, 11:12 AM
A thin human of medium build wearing bright silver mail and carrying a shield with a strange symbol etched into it follows the sergeant through the rain. He is in his early 30's, but his hair is entirely white already. His face was probably once handsome, but it is hidden behind several large scars. His strangely white hair is longish and pulled back from his face by a fine silver circlet, set with a single white pearl.

He doesn't say anything as he follows the Sergeant, and shows no interest in looking around. He seems to be strangely calm, but resigned as if waiting for something.

The Great Skenardo
2008-02-28, 11:19 AM
Coquika
Moving through the rain-soaked docks, the tall slender figure remains silent as the Sergeant exercises his pompous wit. In contrast to the firy woman alongside her, Coquika is tall and dusky, towering easily over most. Especially out here in the darkness, The Ghost Elf looks alien and foreboding, her face shrouded in darkness from the hood pulled up against the rain. She moves with fey grace, although with her stride comes the faint sound of metal armor clinking.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-28, 01:23 PM
Josah.

Behind the others stands a Tilwari--a bit short for his people, not quite six feet tall, and of about average weight. His purple eyes are deep, and hidden behind a pair of rain-splattered spectacles. He has light-blue skin that contrasts with his long, black hair sharply. It falls about to the middle of his back, bound into a pony tail--one binding at the base of his neck, and another at its end. His facial features are angular, with a pointed chin and a small, pointed nose. He is slim and somewhat scrawny, as is standard for his people. He has no tattoos or prominent birthmarks. A pair of simple loop earrings hang from his ears, made of a smooth dark stone. His dark blue robes look to be nearly black thanks to the rain, highlighting the gold trim. Occasionally the wind blows the robe aside, revealing the breastplate he wears beneath it. On his back is a well-made and well-used backpack.

Unlike the others, he is smiling, looking out to the jungle with an eager expression, and mostly ignoring the sergeant. He follows the man into the barracks.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-28, 06:49 PM
Chalseen

A creature that appears to have been born not in the jungle but by the jungle stands off from the side of the group. Large luminous eyes set in a green, barky torso clearly make this creature an interesting sight. Is it a plant? An animal? Male? Female? The thorns that run down the backs of its arms coupled with several leafy patches on its shoulders suggest it is a plant, but the movement and form indicate that it is an animal. Whatever it is, it's alive--very alive, like a piece of nature given form and flesh.

Without deliberation, it sets off after the drill sergeant, surprisingly quick and agile for a creature of its size.

An image for the visually inclined:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm4_gallery/98670.jpg

For those with detect $Alignment, Chalseen detects both as strongly Lawful and strongly Good.

Bitzeralisis
2008-02-28, 08:29 PM
Al-Sudore

An Igmarin stands with the others. He wears a heavy but effective suit of armor. He also possesses a magical belt, concealed under the hulking masses of metal serving as protection. Finally, a greatsword of large size and vicious design hands off a impromptu knot at the back of the breastplate. His face unshaved and gruff, the Igmarin moved towards the barracks asking no questions. He pushed his way to the frontal position of the "march"— for who was better suited to be placed in the frontal position than the most soldierly of the men? The Igmarin looked back over his shoulder as he followed the Sargent, narrowing his eyes at the two women in the group.
Why is there always a wussy girl in the adventuring groups that I join? thought the Igmarin. They serve some strategic use, but they do not fit in this kind of environment. I think it is because they are not normal. I do not like being with not normal people. Not noticing his own not-normal-ness, the Igmarin uselessly wiped his nose with the sleeve of his armor, ineffectively removing the piece of mucus that was hanging there. He gave a rough snort and cough, and turned his head back to face the front.

[ Sorry if I seemed a bit slow to post — I have school, and live in a PST timezone area place... wait, are we using present tense? I didn't notice that. Oh well, too late; I guess I'll just use present tense for my later posts. *promptly loses train of thought* ]

Neftren
2008-02-28, 08:37 PM
Once inside, you see the Drill Sergeant standing rigidly at attention. "The scouting party from the mainland sir! They arrived with equipment and supplies. When the storm passes over, I shall order them out into the woods for their first foray! Do you wish to address these men sir!"

You then notice a midget sitting behind a large desk atop a large stack of books which rested upon a small stool. "Ah, no thank you Sergeant Berkan, that will not be necessary. However, I do wish you to accompany the men on their first sortie. The mission details are in here." The commander tosses a small scroll at the Sergeant's feet.

"Dismissed!"

The party files out of the small office and into the main barracks complex. "Listen up soldiers! Our mission is to scout the ruins of that old temple to the north of 'ere. As ordered, I'll be accompanying you guys to the old temple and will be showing you guys the ropes around 'ere. Now pick a bunk, drop yer gear and you have the rest of the night to do whatever you want."

The gruff Drill Sergeant walks off into the next room. You hear him grumbling under his breath..."Why do they always send just one Igmarin. Don't they ever have any respect fer us honest soldiers on the line? Send us a few more... darn central command."

AmberVael
2008-02-28, 09:16 PM
Frowning a bit at the Drill Sergeant's back, Audra turns to claim a bunk, deciding not to comment on anything he said that wasn't directed at her... at least to his face. Yeah, she'd definitely talk about it. She drops a backpack that seems fairly light for being quite as full as it is- probably magical. Though if anyone were to detect magic, they'd find a very large number of magical auras over her gear- perhaps not the strongest, but quite numerous. She drops her spear next to the pack and begins forming a small pile of items next to it- her cloak, an amulet, an anklet, an armband, a dagger, a vest, a small wand, a pouch... she forms a nice, neat stack and shoves it into her backpack before dropping onto the bunk, laying down, and putting her hands under her head.
"So," She says to no one in particular, "Life in the Igmarin Military. We've been shunted to the job no one wants, and now we're given a racist sergeant. Isn't it grand?
Despite her words, there's a rather thoughtful aspect to her last question that seems a bit odd, as if she were reconsidering what she said, and actually wondering about whether she'd like what she'd gotten into.

Proven_Paradox
2008-02-28, 09:53 PM
The twalri chooses a nearby bottom bunk. He removes his rain-soaked cloak, and the breastplate beneath it, setting them beside his pack. As he goes, he says, "The promise of pristine, unexplored ruins is alluring enough to me that I'll bear the other such complications." He pauses for a moment and adds, "Well, we're likely to be together for a while. My name is Josah."

Bitzeralisis
2008-02-28, 10:13 PM
Al-Sudore

Ignoring the Twalri, Al-Sudore turns to Audra. "Yes, indeed, I am very devastated to have to be in the military. Boo hoo. What is your problem?" he says with a tinge of anger. Not noticing the fact that the girl may have regretted what she said, Al-Sudore continues with his gruff and empty voice, as if though speaking to a petty Private. "It would be good for you to know that Igmarins are considered a very fine race in terms of strength and endurance. I do not see any muscles on your body. You must be a magic-caster."

Breten
2008-02-28, 11:08 PM
The white haired man chooses a bottom bunk near the back corner of the room. He pulls off the rain soaked cloak and hangs it to dry on a corner of the bunk. At his leather travel belt hangs a morningstar at one hip, and a quarrel of bolts at the other. Between the two hang a half dozen wands. He sets the mithril shield with its strange sigil leaning against the end of the bed, and then sits cross legged on the floor.

He closes his eyes and his lips move in silent prayer. He holds one hand infront of him palm up, and suddenly a flame dances above it. He peers into the flame as he continues to pray.

AmberVael
2008-02-29, 12:26 AM
Audra nods in agreement with Josah, her sarcasm melting away a bit.
I'll grant that. Honestly, this is a more interesting life than I've had for a while, despite the more undesirable aspects.
Her fiery eyes flick to Al-Sudore, and the jaded, tough expression instantly snaps back on her face. It's like she can't decide what personality she has.
What's my problem? Well, it's obviously not as large as your ego. Don't worry about me, soldier... I'll carry my weight. Brawn and bluster aren't the only way to get things done- though I'll understand if you're too simple to figure out another way.
She gives him a 'sympathetic' smile before standing up and stretching out a bit, doing a few exercise to ostensibly work herself out after all the time cooped up in the ship. However, her physique is a bit more obvious as she does them. Perhaps she was a bit more needled by his verbal attack than she lets on.
((Strength 12 and Constitution 17 have to count for some muscular and fit nature, I'd guess... she's certainly better off than just a commoner.))
After remaining quiet for a moment, she looks back over at Josah, managing a slight, but real smile for him.
I'm Audra.

Fax Celestis
2008-02-29, 12:11 PM
The plantbeast wordlessly drops a pair of bracers, a ring, a pair of gloves, and a necklace. "Audra. Josah. I will try to remember that," it says in exacting common with a vaguely feminine lilt. "I am named Chδlsθ'θn, though many of your kind find my name difficult to pronounce. You may call me 'Chelsea'. I understand it is both similar to one of your names and is much easier on the tongue."

She addresses no one in particular: "I require sunlight for sustenance. Where might I find some?"

Bitzeralisis
2008-02-29, 06:45 PM
Al-Sudore

Al-Sudore lets out a sigh, regretfully flickering his eyes down at his toes before turning his back to the others. Dropping his armor to the ground (and making sure not to hit his toes), the Igmarin lies down upon the bed, facing upwards, his eyes closed, and completely silent.

AmberVael
2008-02-29, 07:07 PM
Seeing that she had silenced Al-sudore one way or another, Audra turns her attention to Chelsea. The woman seems pleased with her ability to shut the man up.
Nice name. As for sunlight... good luck with that. I'd suggest just going outside, but since it is cloudy and raining, you just might have a hard time with that.
She glances at her pack as she drops back down on her bunk, just sitting this time, leaning back against the wall and considering the plant creature, inwardly wondering how fast she would burn if she were to accidentally hit her with some of her fire or lightning... best to keep her protected with magic.
I don't suppose you can eat normal food?

Neftren
2008-03-01, 10:48 AM
The night passes uneventfully, with the fire slowly crackling and finally sputtering out. At dawn, the first rays of sunlight slowly poke their way through the windows set high in the walls. The Drill Sergeant walks in, clad in a simple suit of armor. "Alright soldiers, wakey wakey! If any of you need weapons or armor, now's the time to get it! It's your last chance of seeing any civilization for the rest of your lives probably. You have an hour to do whatever you need before we go. Meet me in the courtyard."

He then tosses a small crystal bauble to each person. Set inside is a small wooden figurine in the shape of a horse. "Those will be your temporary mounts. Horses are in short supply here, so you'll be getting these. Don't lose them."

They cast a simple Mount Spell twice a day. That's basically it...

Breten
2008-03-01, 11:48 AM
After meditating for an half hour, ignoring the impending drama between his team mates Aman rolls into bed, armour still on, and after only a few minutes dozes off.

The next morning he awakens at the sargent's bellow and, already prepared for the journey, begins flipping through a small book entitled "On the nature of order and chaos".

He takes the strange horse token and looks at it with confusion.

Ummmm...I take it these summon horses of some kind?

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-01, 01:25 PM
((I'm going to assume taking 10 on Knowledge (Arcana) or Spellcraft, for a result of 26 and 28 respectively, would give me the information on the items...))

"Aye, twice per day. 'Tis a simple but useful spell." He stores the trinket in his haversack and pulls a small, iron-bound out. He says, "An hour... just long enough for me to prepare for the day..." He then sits down with the book in his lap and beings reciting long prayers with a low voice. As he flips through the pages, an observant onlooker might be perplexed at how many pages the small book seems to contain.

AmberVael
2008-03-01, 02:28 PM
Audra takes the globe, gets ready for the day, then heads out to find an open area near enough to the courtyard, where she puts down her pack and begins limbering up. At first she is simply doing stretching exercises, but slowly she begins incorporating the use of her magic, sending streams of fire around her from her hands, letting it streak into sky and through the air. Her practice is reminiscent of a kata, except with a bit more flair, as if she were trying to show off...
Well, she probably is. She is fond of attention. After a while the snarling fire changes to lightning which crackles in lines from her fingers, then into gusts of scorching wind which she sends in every direction. This goes on for a while, but not long enough for her to exhaust herself, though the movement seems to tire her more than the expenditure of magic. An almost unnoticeable whirling energy and aura that had gathered around her as she worked slowly fades away as she stops, its dusky red color sinking into her skin as she goes to the courtyard, drops her pack, and waits for the others to arrive.

Fax Celestis
2008-03-01, 02:39 PM
Chalseen gathers her equipment and places the orb around her neck before following Audra outside. She suns herself, seemingly motionless in the sunlight for some time, before she speaks to Audra. "Your fire. It is very pretty, Anlia." Chalseen does not notice that she has mispronounced--or misremembered--Audra's name. "Perhaps it is something you could show me how to do some day."

Breten
2008-03-01, 02:52 PM
Aman sits watching the Josah for a few moment, clearly fascinated, but he knows better than to interrupt someone else's spell preparation. After a while he moves reluctantly to watching Vael practice her magic. His eyes widen at the both the volume of fire and lightning at her disposal, as well as the skill with which she uses it.

Excuse me for asking if it brings any offense, but I am amazed at your skill, and couldn't help but notice your eyes. Would you perchance be Genasi? I have spent my whole life dedicated to the aspects of fire, and never have I seen such abilities.

He flicks his wrist and a large gout of flame bursts in the air 30ft overhead.

I have some ability to create fire at will, but nothing like I have seen here.

Then, suddenly aware he is asking many questions without even introducing himself he blushes self consciously.

I'm sorry. I am being rude. I am Aman. I am a servant of the Balance. I didn't catch your name before because I was pra...

suddenly his jaw clenches, and he blushes more. He closes his eyes and tries again

I mean I was meditating on other things.

AmberVael
2008-03-01, 03:28 PM
Audra glances up at Chalseen.
Well, I don't think it's something you can really be taught... of course, I know little enough about my powers, so I could be wrong.
She turns her attention to Aman and smiles just a little. It's a rather tense smile, as if she were not very used to smiling.
I'm afraid I've not heard of Gensai before, and I am not one of them. My name is Audra.
She pronounces her name a bit slowly and obviously, directing it at Chalseen and Aman. After a moment, she sits and leans against a wall as she waits.
Servant of the Balance? Sounds like a fancy title... is it something religious?
Her tone hides very light traces of derision- mostly for the air the title has, and the normal pomp of religion and clergy. She brushes fingers through her black hair and watches him with those unnatural, fiery eyes. They're the only thing that hint that she might not be human...

Breten
2008-03-01, 03:51 PM
Aman looks even more flustered, and uncharacteristicly unsure of himself. He stammers a bit, and then looks back to see if Josah is watching this exchange.

Oh well...um I didn't mean to....I just mean the fire in your eyes...gensai have that sometimes I read. They are people with a extraplanar being of fire in their bloodlines....um not that its any of my business who your parents...I mean.

He lets out a flustered sigh.

Look I was just trying to be nice. You have fire eyes, it wasn't that bad a guess. It's not like I called you a demon spawn or anything.

Still attempting to find a way to regain his foothold in the conversation he turns to something he knows about.

And Servant of the Balance isn't a title perse...we don't recognize any kind of hierarchy or anything like that...its a philosophy, or an ethnic grouping...um it's complicated. But my powers are divine in nature I guess if that is what you mean. I believe that the universe didn't just happen, that it was created for a purpose...but that purpose has been thwarted...everything is wrong. And order and chaos are at war with each other...but they need each other. Chaos prunes away that which is wrong, so it can be replaced with good order, instead of corrupted order. So as a servant I use apply chaos to broken and corrupt structures in the world so that they can resolidify the way they were supposed to be.

Realizing that he has started sermonizing he stares at his feet getting more and more agitated.

Oh why do I even try talking to THEM. I should know better. I wish Dayven...

Suddenly shuts his mouth tight.

AmberVael
2008-03-01, 04:20 PM
Her eyes glint dangerously at the mention of demon spawn, and the muscles in her jaw flex just once.
No you didn't. That's why I'm here- the Igmarin military accepted my talents and used them rather than running from them like cowardly children. There are those that would call me a demon spawn, drive me out and persecute me- if they weren't so afraid of me, that is.
She seems angered, irritated and amused by the memories she's calling up, then slowly relaxes as she turns her thoughts away from it all.
As for your beliefs, as long as they don't affect me and get in my way, I expect we'll get along fine, so don't worry about it.
Audra stretches out her legs and legs a bit and continues waiting for the Drill Sergeant and the others.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-01, 04:31 PM
Al-Sudore

Armor polished and donned, sword sharpened, and breakfast eaten, Al-Sudore heads into the courtyard, more marching than walking. He lets out a grunt as he joins the rest of the group, not attempting to or wanting to socialize with anyone else. In fact, nobody here knows this Igmarin's name yet...

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-01, 09:26 PM
Coquika
Silent and distant, the Ghost elf has attended to her own mystical business throughout the night, lending half an ear to the others and their socializing, but spending most of her time sitting still on the topmost bunk in the corner she could find. As the group settled down for the night, The strange fey warrior removed her finely-wrought breastplate, but never cast away her cloak and hood. Most of the night she spent sitting quietly, eyes closed.

Now with the morning, Coquika arises and steps outdoors. In the morning light, her skin almost glows a smoky black-green. Coquika's face is all angles, from her high cheekbones to her slanted eyes to her pointed chin, but as she casts her green gaze across the camp, one can see the light of intelligence deep within them. Analyzing, observing, absorbing. After a few minutes, she returns inside. A few minutes more finds her outdoors once more.

She tugs a little self-consciously at her cloak to sit further forward on her shoulders. The breastplate hid most of her form, but she could still feel stares around her; people wondering how someone so tall could be so slim. Probably it was the first time many of these soldiers had ever seen one of her kind, but that was their problem to deal with. Her task was to exude confidence like an angel.

After a few long minutes of waiting, Coquika observes the others of the group beginning to congress. Almost whispering, she speaks,
Rugged world of vines and mud
Windless verdant primal hush
insects buzz and form your pulse
Your green heart holds gold.

Neftren
2008-03-01, 09:47 PM
With a great clattering of hooves, the Drill Sergeant rides in upon a brilliant stallion. "Mount up, lets go ladies and gents. The temple is a day's hard ride ahead of us, and we're not stopping for lunch. Ho hum, the life of the Igmarin Military!" The Sergeant seems to be much changed from the way he was last night and this morning. You don't really have much time to contemplate the differences, since he had already started riding away.

Hurrying to catch up with him, the party rides along a beaten dirt path. Up ahead you see a towering ziggurat. Just looking at it makes you feel creeped out, as if nothing good was ever going to happen again. Small figures swarm all over the structure. The sounds of battle can be heard afar. "Hmm, I guess the advance guard encountered some resistance. As your first test of merit, you shall decide what to do."

Wow, we're moving at a fast clip! Okay, as you can tell, there's a battle going on between the Pirqags and the Igmarin Advance Guard sent ahead to clear the way. Anyway, you can either wait out the battle and encounter the stragglers... or ride in and fight them.

Apologies for the minor railroading.

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-01, 10:21 PM
Josah

Spells prepared for the day0th level - Amanuensis, Purify Food and Drink, Mending, Create Water

1st level - Endure Elements, Enlarge Person x 2, Make Whole, Make Whole, Grease x 2

2nd level - Silence, Wind Wall, Glitterdust, Bull's Strength x 2

3rd level - Magic Vestment, Mass Aid, Mass Conviction, Healing Spirit, Fly

4th level - Divine Power, Dismissal, Greater Magic Weapon, Tongues

Upon leaving the barracks, Josah promptly casts Endure Elements on himself. He also takes a moment to cast Magic Vestment and Greater Magic Weapon on his beastplate and morning star, respectively. After that, he uses the charm and mounts up, ready to leave.

Upon reaching the battle grounds, he remains silent, waiting for the others to speak before adding his own opinion.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-01, 10:49 PM
Coquika
With a sidelong glance at her new travelling companions, the shadow elf draws forth something that looks halfway between a mace and a sceptre: a slim wand topped with a black bulbous head that shines dully in the light.
"...Our mission is important, but if we can sway this battle...we must."
The elf speaks quietly, her voice falling like soft raindrops in a black pool.
"We should ride to assist."

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-01, 11:39 PM
Al-Sudore

Barely noticing the softness of Coquika's voice, the Igmarin agrees: "Let's go get 'em!"
Drawing and brandishing his greatsword, Al-Sudore seems almost ready to rush in on the moment, held back only by the others' uncertainty. He bares his teeth at the ziggurat.

Fax Celestis
2008-03-02, 12:11 AM
"Good. There are sinners to be redeemed," Chalseen says ominously. "Come, Andra, Jozan, shall we teach them the wrongs of their ways together?" Again, she mispronounces both names, apparently unwittingly.

AmberVael
2008-03-02, 01:03 AM
As they leave the barracks, Audra moves to each person, using a bit of her magic if they will let her, saying it will protect them from the fire she uses.

((Endure Exposure from dragon magic. Withstand Cold and Fire as by Endure elements. You also gain immunity to her 'breath weapon.' This lasts 24 hours.))

Audra waits for the others to decide, unusually taking no stand on the matter, despite her normal vocal nature. Perhaps she isn't that much of a leader... or maybe she just doesn't care about the decision.

Breten
2008-03-02, 07:51 PM
Well if our mission is to scout the temple, we can't well do that while it is over run with the "enemy". So I suppose we will have to intervene. But before we rush in I would like to know what everyone is capable of so we can work together. I have divine magic at my disposal, and can use it for both offensive and healing purposes as needed.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-02, 09:13 PM
Al-Sudore

"I slash people," says Al-Sudore bluntly, obviously not knowing what else to add.

Breten
2008-03-02, 09:26 PM
Aman nods a bit impatiently

Then may I suggest that you act as a shield to protect the long range firepower and healing in the back. Make sure no one gets past you.

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-02, 09:55 PM
Josah sighs. "More time to plan this would be nice, but when people are dying, 'tis not always available." He turns slightly to Aman and says, "I'm also a practitioner of divine magics, though in truth I've more in common with a wizard. I've prepared spells to augment the more martially inclined among us. and a few that hinder our foes. I can heal a little, but 'tis best not to rely on my to patch wounds up. If things being to seem truly bad for us, I have one spell that will allow me to effectively enter the fray myself--but only once, and only for about one minute."

Breten
2008-03-02, 10:14 PM
Aman nods

Well I will handle the healing then, and you focus on aiding the combatants. I have a few that may help with that but I suggest we save them until we know what we are facing.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-02, 11:11 PM
Al-Sudore

"Yeah, Twalri person, you can 'augment' me in battle." Al-Sudore says that as if though it weren't obvious enough.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-02, 11:22 PM
Coquika
Coquika looks around at the cadre, her expression inscrutable.
Kamyeda, is this how decisions get made out here? I wonder why we even worried...
Outwardly, however, the ghost elf listens quietly and attentively as each member lists their abilities quite openly to a group of strangers. Were they simpletons? Overly-trusting? Or maybe far more devious than she had given them credit for...This question might decide it.
"I am a warrior," she says, saluting from her horse with the strange metallic sceptre. "Who will need protection? What are your weaknesses?"
Her voice is soft and otherworldly, and for a moment Coquika looks hopelessly out of place, even here where the exotic is taken for granted.

Breten
2008-03-02, 11:51 PM
Aman starts to get exasperated, and the tension seeps into his voice.

Unbalance! Have you none of you worked as a team before? If we don't cooperate they will pick us apart one by one. Our enemies are good at traps and ambushes. If we don't protect each other we will get slaughtered. Those of you who are skilled in fighting need to watch out for those of us who are spellcasters so we can provide long range support, and bring our magic to bear. If you see an enemy spell caster let us know right away so we can take him out if you can't easily reach him. Also if you are wounded and need healing yell the word "Balance" and I will move to heal you. Unfortunately we don't have any archers or scouts in the group to provide support, so we will have to make due. I will stay closer to the fighters to heal if needed, Audra, and Josah hang back a bit more. The others keep the enemy from closing, and we will support you. Tipping Scales!

AmberVael
2008-03-02, 11:55 PM
If we don't move in now, we won't be saving anyone, because they'll all be dead. Maybe we should hurry things up rather than waste time talking.
Audra points out quietly.
And I work better at closer range.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-03, 01:04 AM
Al-Sudore

I agree," says Al-Sudore. "Let us not waste any more time and hurry to aid our allies in battle." The Igmarin's overall gruffness seems to dissipate as he begins talking. "We must hasten our advance into the fight before it is too late. There may be many dying as we speak. Our staying here is pointless, as we can talk on our way into the battlefield. There are people we must protect, Human or Igmarin, Elf or Dwarf, male or female! There are more we must destroy as well! Hurry your tactical discussions, squelch your unneeded talk, and follow me into—" Al-Sudore pauses, attempting to find another word with the same meaning as "battle"— "combat!
"My weakness is my lack of ability to do anything other than slash people with my greatsword. I can not cast spells, heal, and lack skills to do many other things. I have also discovered that I am weak of will. That is weird because I find me to be a person who is willing to follow other people orders and do what they say. I have been listening and know to call "Balance" when I feel very wounded. Come and follow! For I am now going to chaaarrrgggeee... iiinnnnnntttooooo... baaaaaaaattlee!"
The last three words were spoken slowly, for Al-Sudore was waiting and hoping for the others to follow him.

Breten
2008-03-03, 01:08 AM
Uneven weights! Fine. Let's go. See if I care! The Empire can finally get its wish and see us all dead.

His eyes harden, and he storms off into the battle, already summoning to mind the words and gestures of power to call on the powers of Chaos.

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-03, 11:15 AM
"If we're to go, then go. I'm certainly not the one to bring up the front--I'll follow behind." He waits for the front-liners to charge in before moving behind them.

Neftren
2008-03-03, 04:28 PM
Ahead in the clearing, you see a platoon of myrmidons surrounded by a horde of Pirqag. Several of them look very injured, while the four spearmen not in the Phalanx formation stand behind the defensive formation, attempting to beat back the attackers. There are six Pirqag who are directly ahead of you, while the rest are on the sides.

I'll dispense with the battle map for the time being. I don't have access to Adobe Illustrator at this point in time. There are six Pirqag ahead of you, about twenty on the steps of the pyramid and at the top, there are two important looking individuals.

A cookie to whoever cuts off their head, or captures them. Preferably the latter option, but anything works in this campaign.

Breten
2008-03-03, 08:19 PM
((I am assuming we should roll for initiative?))

[roll0]

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-03, 08:38 PM
Al-Sudore
Status Box

Al'vak Sudore Nugorson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42649)
Male Lawful Neutral Igmarin Myrmidon 8
Initiative 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4017929&posted=1#post4017929) (+2)
HP: 81/81
DR: 2/-
Speed: 25 ft.
AC: 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
AC (After Actions): 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex, -2 Charge)
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +4, Will -1
Attacks: Wounding Greatsword +17/+12 (2d6+11, 19-20/x2)
Special Attacks: Power Attack, Cleave+, Quick Draw, Tactical Affinity, Focused Precision, Evaluate the Enemy
Special Qualities: Combat Training (Pre-applied), Evasive Action (+2 AC against ranged attacks from 30 ft. or further), Strength in Numbers (+1 per three party members withing 30 ft.)
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 11
Conditions (Positive): N/A
Conditions (Negative): N/A

Al-Sudore charges with fury at the nearest P-things, slashing at them with great strength.

Full-Round Action: Charge (placing as many P-things as possible within Al-Sudore's range)
• Special Action: Quick Draw (during movement)
• Attack: Power Attack +2 (at closest P-thing)
• • Attack Roll: 28 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4017929&posted=1#post4017929) (+15) [Please manually add forgotten +2 charging bonus to all attack rolls made this round]
• • Damage Roll: 19 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4017929&posted=1#post4017929) (2d6+14)
• Attempt Cleave+: Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4017948&posted=1#post4017948)

I'm really assuming and hoping these P-things can be killed like a swarm of kobolds. Plus, I made my rolls on a separate thread. :\

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-03, 10:02 PM
Coquika
The Ghost Elf evaluates her opponents quickly, her gaze flickering over the massed ranks of the Pirquag, dismissing them almost as quickly as that. She dismounts, quickly.
Passing her sceptre smoothly to one hand, Coquika reaches forward with a gloved hand and turns an imaginary doorknob. Taking a step forward, she vanishes completely from sight!

[roll0]

Neftren
2008-03-03, 10:08 PM
((I am assuming we should roll for initiative?))

[roll0]

Ah... yeah I forgot to add that line. That would be my fault. :smallmad:
Go ahead and post actions with the initiative roll. I usually place monsters at the top and bottom of the initiative count anyway.

Breten
2008-03-03, 10:23 PM
Aman calls on the power of his beliefs to summon a blast of fire to catch two of the Pirquag standing beside each other.

Save DC: 19 Reflex Half
Damage: [roll0]

AmberVael
2008-03-03, 10:27 PM
((Agh. Lack of map means difficulty for me with my extremely area and range based magic.))

Audra closes in, her fiery eyes leveling a hellish gaze on the enemies as she moves in. A faint aura of whirling fire and red light begins rising around her, giving those she focuses her eyes on glimpses of hell and torment, fire and flames consuming all. She lets loose her magic on them, trying to maim and disable as many as possible.

Initiative: [roll0]
If there is an enemy within 30ft of Audra she will engage the closest enemy to a Duel of Wills (new use of intimidate, page 27 of Tome of Battle, no action required to do this).
Intimidate: [roll1]
She will then close in to the group and attempt to catch as many of them as she can in her cone breath weapon (or she will use a lightning of lightning if she is too far to hit with a cone.)
Damage: [roll2]
Reflex Save: DC 18 for half.

On top of that, she'll use her Frightful Presence invocation as a swift action.
All enemies within 30ft must make a will save or be shaken for 10 minutes.
Will save: DC 18

((*gapes at stupendously bad rolls*))

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-03, 10:27 PM
Init: (1d20+2=5) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1515431/)

If there is someone melee capable within reach at that point (unlikely with that initiative) Josah will cast Enlarge Person on them. Otherwise, he will cast Mass Aid.

Aid Temp HP: (1d10+8=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1515444/)

Fax Celestis
2008-03-04, 05:15 PM
Chalseen focuses a moment and her fists--surprisingly--burst into flame.1. She then charges towards the grouping off to one side, viney appendages trailing behind her, before striking one of the Pirqag.2

Initiative (1d20 5=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1516317/)
1Burning one use of Stunning Fist to activate my Flaming Fist feat. +1d6 fire damage for one round, swift action activation.
2Attack; Damage; Fire Damage (1d20+12=15, 1d10+1=10, 1d6=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1516321/): hits AC 15 for 10 bludgeoning, 1 fire.

Neftren
2008-03-04, 09:14 PM
(19) Chalseen ignites her fist as she charges towards the Pirqag to the right. The Pirqag takes a solid blow to the stomach and keels over at the brink of consciousness.

(14) Aman hurls a fiery ball of flame towards the two nearest Pirqag. They are both caught totally unaware and are hit full force. Both look severely injured, but still capable of fighting.

(5) Coquika fades from sight and vanishes from the battlefield.

(5) Al-Sudore charges like an experienced soldier, striking a Pirqag full force and cutting deep. By the time the first Pirqag began falling, Al-Sudore had ducked down and swiped at the legs of the second, injuring the the Pirqag severely. The second Pirqag is immediately decapitated and Al-Sudore is left standing in a bloody mess.

(5) Josah casts a spell and suddenly, everyone feels invigorated. (+13 Temporary HP)

(2) Audra stares menacingly at the nearest Pirqag, but he seems to ignore Audra's presence. She advances upon the Pirqag and incinerates him with a fiery breath. He looks crisped and singed, but still ready to fight.

(1) As soon as the Pirqag had seen Chalseen strike down one of their compatriots, they turned around only to be burned down by Aman, sliced open and incapacitated by Al-Sudore and incinerated by Audra. The three remaining Pirqag immediately move to engage Chalseen, swinging their short broad swords, striking and successfully slicing off a small vine and administering some wounds. Chalseen takes [12]

Interesting three way tie with all of you having the same dexterity modifier.

Breten can you specify next time what spell you're actually casting?

Bitz, nice rolls. You just totally eliminated two guys all by yourself.

Audra, your target chose to ignore the duel of wills, and really isn't aware of you at all at the moment.

Apologies for not rolling anything on the forum. I did the rolling with my own dice real fast, so I could get the post up quickly. That and the forum is running slowly again.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-04, 09:42 PM
Al-Sudore
Status Box

Initiative 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4017929&posted=1#post4017929) (+2)
HP: 81+13/81
AC (After Actions): 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex, -2 Charge)
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +4, Will -1 (Aid: +1 morale vs. fear)
Attacks: Wounding Greatsword +18/+13 (2d6+11, 19-20/x2) (Aid: +1)
Special Attacks: Power Attack, Cleave+, Quick Draw, Tactical Affinity, Focused Precision, Evaluate the Enemy
Special Qualities: Combat Training (Pre-applied), Evasive Action (+2 AC against ranged attacks from 30 ft. or further), Strength in Numbers (+1 per three party members withing 30 ft.)
Conditions (Positive): Aid +13 79

Grinning menacingly, Al-Sudore turns around and heads for the three remaining +-things, once again trying to get as many in his range as possible.
"Die, Pie... Pick... Ptiremok?" he half-shouts, half-mumbles, immediately forgetting how to pronounce "Pirqag."

[Please manually add +1 bonus from Mass Aid]

If nearest cluster of 2+ Pirqag are ten feet or further away:
• Full-Round Action: Charge (at the cluster of Pirqag, again trying to get as many as possible in his range)
• Special Attack: Power Attack +2 (Which really is a +3 bonus... :smallconfused:)
• • Attack Roll: [roll0]
• • Damage Roll: [roll1]
• Special Attack: Attempted Cleave+
• • Attack Roll: [roll2]
• • Damage Roll: [roll3]

If nearest cluster of 2+ Pirqag are five feet or closer away:
• Special Action: Five-foot Step (To get as many Pirqag as possible in his range)
• Attacks: With Tactical Affinity
• • Attack Roll 1: [roll4]
• • Damage Roll 1: [roll5]
• • Attack Roll 2: [roll6]
• • Damage Roll 2: [roll7]
• • Attack Roll 3: [roll8]
• • Damage Roll 3: [roll9]
• Special Attack: Attempted Cleave+
• • Attack Roll: [roll10]
• • Damage Roll: [roll11]

Obviously, I am trying too hard to impress people with my fancy organized-ness. Be sure to add any modifiers that I cannot deduct at the immediate moment (flanking, etc.)

AmberVael
2008-03-04, 10:29 PM
((Did her Frightful Presence have any effect...?))

Audra growls, irritated with her lack of impact on the enemies, then moves into position to catch as many of the three remaining creatures in her cone of fire as possible, the aura springing up higher around her.

15ft cone- if they're all around Chalseen, then she should be able to hit two of them, at the very least... depending on how the cone is positioned, she may hit all 3.
"Breath Weapon:" [roll0] fire Damage. Reflex 18 half.
Again she'll use Frightful Presence. DC 18 will save or be shaken for 10 minutes. Affects all enemies within 30ft. This should mean all of them.

Neftren
2008-03-04, 10:50 PM
((Did her Frightful Presence have any effect...?))

Audra growls, irritated with her lack of impact on the enemies, then moves into position to catch as many of the three remaining creatures in her cone of fire as possible, the aura springing up higher around her.

15ft cone- if they're all around Chalseen, then she should be able to hit two of them, at the very least... depending on how the cone is positioned, she may hit all 3.
"Breath Weapon:" [roll0] fire Damage. Reflex 18 half.
Again she'll use Frightful Presence. DC 18 will save or be shaken for 10 minutes. Affects all enemies within 30ft. This should mean all of them.

Ooh, uhh yeah it did. Oddly enough I rolled a pair of nat 20s, and now just rolled a nat 1 on my desk.

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-05, 12:14 AM
Seeing that the battle goes well, Josah simply stands back so as to give those in melee room to fight.

((Aid also gives a +1 moral bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear, including the temporary HP. I'm cut off from my books at the moment, but Aid lasts for 1 min/level, and I would assume Mass Aid would as well.))

Neftren
2008-03-05, 10:51 PM
Waiting on Fax, Breten and The Great Skenardo. No pressure, but just a little reminder if you've forgotten about this temporarily. :smallwink:

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-06, 02:23 AM
Coquika
Stepping into the place between worlds, the ghost elf finds herself at home. Floating slowly, she makes her way unseen, unheard, unsensed to the top of the pyramid, standing almost companiably behind the two important-looking warriors.

Breten
2008-03-06, 03:17 PM
Aman rushes to the remaining friendly soldiers to see if any of them need healing.

What is the situation here? Are you okay? Do you know anything about the troops holding the temple.

Neftren
2008-03-08, 11:51 AM
(19) Chalseen looks unaware of her situation as she stands there. She loses another vine for [4] damage.

(14) Aman hurries over to help some of the soldiers. If you can cast cure, there are four wounded soldiers, and one's hurt pretty bad. If you want to heal them, just post the rolls and tell me which ones you want to heal.

(5) Coquika's location is unknown to all but the DM and herself.

(5) Al-Sudore yet again leaves a bloody mess in his wake as he strikes down two Pirqag. There is no need for a graphic description. Al-Sudore is a master of weaponry.

(5) Josah stands back.

(2) Audra tries to crisp some of the Pirqag, but they all manage to dodge out of the way. Only one gets slightly burnt. Her aura does manage to affect them, and they are now shaken.

(1) Far off in the distance, more Pirqag approach the scene.

Breten
2008-03-08, 01:26 PM
I will use my Touch of Healing Divine feat to heal the most wounded one of 15 hp.

May order be restored in body and mind. Now can anyone tell me what is going on here?

Fax Celestis
2008-03-08, 01:48 PM
Chalseen (42/45 HP, 0/13 Temp HP)

Stunned from the initial strike and unable to recover in time to fend off a second, Chalseen takes further damage. She looks in poor condition--well, you're not really sure: she's a plant, after all.

If there are any pirqag that remain threatening, Chalseen will attack them1. Otherwise, she'll attempt to retreat to a safer position to consider her next move.

1Chalseen will attempt to flurry if she can. Otherwise, she'll move and attack. Attack (if not flurrying); Attack (if flurrying); Damage 1; Damage 2 (1d20+10=17, 1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=22, 1d8+1=6, 1d8+1=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1521345/) If not flurrying, Chalseen hits AC 17 for 6 damage. If flurrying Chalseen hits AC 9 for 6 damage and AC 22 for 8 damage.

Sorry about not posting. I've been sick, but I'm getting better.

EDIT: Fixed HP to correct amount.

AmberVael
2008-03-08, 02:10 PM
Hissing with frustration, Audra slings another blast of fire at the pirqag, then moves towards the pirqag in the distance.

15ft cone, or 30ft line, whichever hits them both more easily.
4d6=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1521376/) fire damage. Same DC as the other times.
Move action to go closer to the distant enemies. About how far away are they?

Edit: Dang it, I was using the board roller, but input the formula wrong and now I can't edit the roll in... >.< Mind if I use Invisible castle this once?

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-08, 02:18 PM
Coquika
High up on the ziggurat, something strange is happening. Directly behind the two important-looking Pirqag, a shape wavers and takes form: the armored ghost elf, with her strange metallic scepter raised, her dusky skin almost shining...

Hopefully with the battle below, the leaders won't think to look behind them...

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-08, 02:38 PM
Sage moves to stall the approaching warriors, gesturing and incanting as he activates one of his lower-level prayers. Suddenly, the ground beneath the frontmost of the advancing foes is as slick as ice.

Casting Grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) beneath the feet of as many of the new-comers as possible. Reflex save DC 16. Note that unless they have 5 or more ranks in balance, they are flat footed while making the balance check.

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-08, 03:37 PM
Al-Sudore
Status Box

HP: 81+13/81
AC (With Charge): 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 15 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex, -2 Charge)
AC (Without Charge): 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17 (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
Special Qualities: Combat Training (Pre-applied), Evasive Action (+2 AC against ranged attacks from 30 ft. or further), Strength in Numbers (+1 Will per three party members withing 30 ft.)
Conditions (Positive): Aid +13 78

Looking satisfied, Al-Sudore turns his bloody greatsword towards the newcoming "P-things." He once again goes for the closest group of two or more Pirqag, charging if they are more than ten feet away and talking a step if they are close enough. Nonetheless, Al-Sudore attacks ferociously.

Actions: If the nearest cluster of 2+ Pirqag are 10+ feet away, charge directly at them, and Power Attack +2 with a roll of 24 for 22 damage. Also, use Cleave+.
Otherwise, preform a five-foot step to get to the nearest cluster of 2+ Pirqag and Full Attack with Power Attack +2, with attack rolls of 28 and 14, for 22 and 19 damage. Follow-up with potential Cleaving. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4036862#post4036862)

Neftren
2008-03-10, 06:59 PM
(19) Chalseen whirls around in a flurry of blows. Thorny vines and strange arms plant stunning blows on the Pirqag in front of her. The other two Pirqag whimper and start to scamper off. Two black arrows sprout from their chests.

If you decide to look towards, the Pyramid, you'll see one of the leader Pirqags holding a bow.

(14) Aman heals the most seriously wounded individual. A soldier speaks up.

"We were sent here as an advance party to scout the area. We didn't expect much resistance, but apparently this new group of Pirqag moved in sometime within the last week or two. Perhaps you should continue the fight ahead? We'll help you, but those two leaders look dangerous." The soldier turns and points towards the top of the pyramid. He snaps to attention and then barks a command. The soldiers enter a formation unknown to Aman.

(5) Coquika's location is unknown to all and continues to be unknown to all but the DM and herself.

(5) Al-Sudore turns towards the oncoming enemy and charges. He drops one with his first swing but stumbles on a rock, and cuts through another. Unfortunately he must have forgotten to evaluate the situation, as now he is surrounded by a rather large group of Pirqag. :smalltongue:

(5) Josah casts grease upon another group of Pirqag. They all slip and fall.

(2) Audra unleashes another cone of fire. This time all the remaining Pirqag are vanquished. Not a trace of them remain.

About 60 feet away, the next group is. I sound like Yoda.

(1) The Pirqag around Al-Sudore all gang up on him. Several of them cut at his legs and arms while more from behind shoot arrows at him. Most of the arrows miss and strike other Pirqag, but three hit their mark in addition to some blows to Al-Sudore. Al-Sudore takes [16] total damage.

Neftren
2008-03-10, 07:06 PM
(19) Chalseen whirls around in a flurry of blows. Thorny vines and strange arms plant stunning blows on the Pirqag in front of her. The other two Pirqag whimper and start to scamper off. Two black arrows sprout from their chests.

If you decide to look towards, the Pyramid, you'll see one of the leader Pirqags holding a bow.

(14) Aman heals the most seriously wounded individual. A soldier speaks up.

"We were sent here as an advance party to scout the area. We didn't expect much resistance, but apparently this new group of Pirqag moved in sometime within the last week or two. Perhaps you should continue the fight ahead? We'll help you, but those two leaders look dangerous." The soldier turns and points towards the top of the pyramid. He snaps to attention and then barks a command. The soldiers enter a formation unknown to Aman.

(5) Coquika's location is unknown to all and continues to be unknown to all but the DM and herself.

(5) Al-Sudore turns towards the oncoming enemy and charges. He drops one with his first swing but stumbles on a rock, and cuts through another. Unfortunately he must have forgotten to evaluate the situation, as now he is surrounded by a rather large group of Pirqag. :smalltongue:

(5) Josah casts grease upon another group of Pirqag. They all slip and fall.

(2) Audra unleashes another cone of fire. This time all the remaining Pirqag are vanquished. Not a trace of them remain.

About 60 feet away, the next group is. I sound like Yoda.

(1) The Pirqag around Al-Sudore all gang up on him. Several of them cut at his legs and arms while more from behind shoot arrows at him. Most of the arrows miss and strike other Pirqag, but three hit their mark in addition to some blows to Al-Sudore. Al-Sudore takes [16] total damage.

Breten
2008-03-10, 07:54 PM
If I am within 180ft of the leader guy I will cast soundlance at him.

[roll0] DC 19 Fort half

If not, then I will cast fiery blast to catch 2 or 3 of the Pir attacking Al-Sudore.

AmberVael
2008-03-10, 08:09 PM
Audra swiftly moves up towards the incoming Pirqag, heading up towards the ones surrounding Al-Sudore, loosing her fire at them and her hellish presence, as normal. This time the fire seems a bit stranger, more corporeal, almost like gel...

If in range, Audra will use a Cone/Line of Slow Breath, whichever hits more enemies. She can hit Al-Sudore and not affect him, so if he's in the way it won't matter.
All enemies within the area need to make a DC 17 Fortitude save or be slowed for two rounds, or one round on a successful save.
All enemies within 30ft should make a DC 18 will save or be shake for ten minutes.
The usual.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-10, 09:46 PM
Coquika
Silent as an arrow, deadly as a meteor, Coquika steps forward out of the shadow. With a muted cry of Nanzani!, she brings her scepter down with astonishing force on the head of one of the Pirquag leaders!

Quick-cast True Strike, Power attack for 7.
[roll0]
[roll1]
This attack is a Brutal Strike. If it hits, the victim must make a DC 24 Fort Save or be sickened for one round.

[roll2]
[roll3]

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-10, 10:44 PM
Al-Sudore
Status Box

HP: 78/81
Special Qualities: Combat Training (Pre-applied), Evasive Action (+2 AC against ranged attacks from 30 ft. or further), Strength in Numbers (+1 Will per three party members withing 30 ft.)
Conditions (Positive): Aid +13 77

Whoa, even with 2 DR, Al-Sudore still took that much damage? There must be a lot of Pirqag.

Audra's breath splatters onto the Igmarin, most of it dripping off simultaneously. Taking advantage of the slowing effect, Al-Sudore plants his feet in a stance, and swings around to bring down as many Pirqag as possible.

Actions: Full attack on the Pirqag around him, attempting to kill as many as possible. I'm glad they can be taken down like generic kobolds. It's much more fun that way. :smallbiggrin: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4045493#post4045493)

Breten
2008-03-10, 11:47 PM
If I do fiery blast

DC 19 Reflex Save
Damage: [roll0]

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-11, 07:55 PM
If Josah is within 190 feet of the leaders, and he can target his spell such that it doesn't envelop Coquika (who I assume to be visible upon attacking, correct me if I'm wrong) he will cast Glitterdust on them. Will Save DC 17 or they are blinded for nine rounds, and even if they make the save they take a -40 to hide checks. If not, he will begin closing the distance to them (assuming doing so doesn't leave him wide open to enemy attacks) and he will cast grease under some of the foes surrounding Al-Sudore.

Neftren
2008-03-12, 07:04 PM
Still waiting on Fax. I'll update by the morning.

Fax Celestis
2008-03-14, 04:37 PM
Chalseen (42/45 HP, 0/13 Temp HP)

Chalseen will move to save al-Sudore, activating her flame as she does.

Attack (Charge, smite); damage (1d20+10+2+4=32, 1d8+1+6=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1527538/), Fire damage (1d6=2) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1527540/) Hits AC 32 for 10 damage plus 2 fire damage.

Neftren
2008-03-14, 05:35 PM
(19) Chalseen rushes to go save Al-Sudore, killing one of the Pirqag in the process.

(14) Aman fires a large ball of fire towards the Pirqag surrounding Al-Sudore

(5) Coquika strikes from the shadows, and the caster leader is battered around like a small toy. He throws up.

(5) Al-Sudore swings again and again, hewing a small wall of Pirqag around him. Unfortunately he now has to climb out of the pit of bodies that he created. :smalltongue:

(5) Josah casts grease upon another group of Pirqag. They all slip and fall. He then moves closer to the leaders.

(2) Audra unleashes a strange cone of slowing, and the Pirqag surrounding Al-Sudore all appear slowed and a bit scared at the power of some of the individuals.

(1) The Leaders rebound and one strikes Coquika for [12] damage. He calls out to the grunt Pirqags and they immediately retreat to form a defensive formation.

Breten
2008-03-14, 05:49 PM
I'm going to try and get within spell range of the leaders

AmberVael
2008-03-15, 02:30 AM
Audra moves in as close as she can without being within enemy reach, then looses her fire once more, the flames snarling and shedding unnatural red light over the area around her. The longer the fight lasts, the more something seems innately wrong with her presence and her magic, becoming inhuman and disturbing. The sounds of the dancing fire she summons seem tinged with the faintest sound of screaming, and expression on her face has transformed from battle grimace to a visage that could cause nightmares...

Move action to close in.
Standard action for Cone of Fire on the Pirqag.
4d6=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1527978/)
DC 17 reflex for half.
Frightful Presence, as normal. DC 18 will save. 30ft. 10 minute shaken condition.
Blah.

Proven_Paradox
2008-03-15, 03:38 AM
Josah will cast Glitterdust on the leaders as soon as he can, making sure not to get Coquika in the effect. If he needs to move closer, he will do so as quickly as he can without exposing himself too much.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-15, 09:30 AM
Coquika
As the pirqag's strike hits home, Coquika's gasps and redoubles her grip on the scepter. Even from the wound in her side, blood seems to flow slowly, almost sluggishly.
"You dare?"
With startling force, the slim elf brings the bulbous metallic head of the scepter down in a series of blows aimed at the already-hurt warrior.

Full attack on the damaged one, power attack 2.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Fax Celestis
2008-03-15, 01:32 PM
Chalseen will continue to wordlessly strike at the pirqag, this time charging towards the leaders.

Attack (Charging); damage (1d20+10+2=28, 1d8+1=8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1528233/)

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-15, 04:08 PM
Al-Sudore

Al-Sudore wonders for a moment about how suddenly the tables turned on him ("Accursed DM!" :smalltongue:) and finally notices the very leader-like Pirqag leader leading grunts that are being lead by the leading leader-ly leader. He scans over his new target, preparing a precise strike, while moving towards him (and tripping over the wall of Pirqag he made).

Actions: Simply, use Evaluate the Enemy and Focused Precision ([roll0]) on the leader-like Pirqag, all whilst moving towards him at a hustle. Attempt to get a good position to charge at him.

Neftren
2008-03-16, 05:26 PM
(19) Chalseen is out of range of the leaders, but moves towards them, readying fists for an attack.

(14) Aman heads towards the leaders.

(5) Coquika repeatedly bashes the injured leader on the head. His headdress falls off, but he swings with his staff and hits Coquika for [6] damage. The other leader swings his greatsword around, dealing [8] damage.

(5) Al-Sudore glances towards the leaders and prepares to hurt the bad bad leaders. Unfortunately he can't do much else, since all eight squares around him are filled by Pirqag. They swing a few more times, dealing a total of [24] damage.

(5) Josah casts a spell and shimmering gold dust appears all over the leaders. They seem unfazed by the assault, and one just looks mildly annoyed at the effect.

(2) Audra unleashes a flaming torrent. Lots of Pirqag die, same story. Many of the Pirqag are scared, but fear of their leaders keeps them going.

(1) The Pirqag fight on. You hear a war horn in the distance.

The Great Skenardo
2008-03-16, 06:35 PM
Coquika
The tall dusky elf hisses again in pain as the blows hit home, but despite their ability to pierce her armor, the weapons have some difficulty actually harming her.
Again, she responds with two powerful and brutal swings of the scepter.

Power attack of 3.

[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[Cleave]1d20+11
[roll4]

Bitzeralisis
2008-03-16, 07:42 PM
Al-Sudore
Status Box

HP: 54/81 (66%)
Attacks: Wounding Greatsword +18/+13 (2d6+11, 19-20/Χ2) (Aid: +1)
Conditions (Positive): Aid +13 76
Conditions (Negative): N/A[/SIZE]

Completely annoyed, Al-Sudore starts chopping at the stupid P-things around him repeatedly. Over and over again. And he roars in anger at how many stupid P-things there are. And he keeps attacking. And attacking. And roaring and mumbling angrily. Yeah.

Actions: Full attack with power attack +1, tactical affinity! *is too lazy to make rolls* (+16/+11/+6, with damage of 2d6+13 and 19-20/Χ2 critical chance. Don't forget the cleavage. :smalltongue:)

AmberVael
2008-03-17, 06:07 PM
With a hiss of irritation, Audra continues hurling fire around Al-Sudore, trying to kill as many of the enemy as possible.

15ft Cone of fire.
Damage:4d6=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1530322/)
Reflex Save for half 17.
Die funky P critters die.

Breten
2008-03-17, 11:55 PM
Caught between the danger to two of his companions Aman begins to mutter to himself "Unbalanced fools. We are spread too thin. Someone could get killed simply because we are too unbalanced arrogant to work as a team." Deciding that Coquika is actually in the greatest danger he continues to rush towards the leaders at the top of the pyramid.

If he gets within 180ft this turn he will cast soundlance. (already rolled for it)

If not he will move as a full round.