PDA

View Full Version : By Lock and Key [Artifacts]

Ninjalitude
2008-02-29, 10:04 AM
there was one a pair of great, powerful wizards one a master of evocation and transmutation, the other had perfected the art of abjuration and conjuration and together they were the most feared and worshiped people in the kingdom, and they ruled for many years, until as one brother lay dying of a plague that had swept the land, the other imparted his soul and his brothers soul into a lock and key, so that their legacy could live on in the hands of another.

Key of Power: this artifact holds the soul of the evoker which has powerful spells of attack.
At will: disintegrate, chain lightning (any other ideas?)
5/day meteor swarm

The key can also turn into a +5 speed bastard sword when a command word is spoken. The user is automatically proficient with this sword and the sword does an additional 2d6 untyped damage. The key also imparts a +2 untyped bonus to all stats as long as it is in possession of the wielder

Lock of Power: This artifact is a powerful tool of defense, it holds the soul of the abjurer
At will: Telekinetic sphere, wall of force (other ideas)
5/day Prismatic sphere

the lock can turn into a +5 animated shield and The lock imparts SR 30.
Ill edit later, i have to get to my morning classes.

Fredderf
2008-02-29, 12:10 PM
Errrrrrm....

These are pretty powerful! I hope they aren't intended for low-mid level use!
I would suggest a downside. Something bad to counteract their power. Are they intelligent items?

DracoDei
2008-02-29, 10:15 PM
Should be... should also interact with eachother in some way.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-03-01, 12:33 AM
I think they are better than others. What I don't understand is how anyone gets a weak artifact at all. An artifact, to me, was created by the gods for a purpose. It wasn't sneezed out and given to mortals, it was sealed in a tomb deep below ground and you went to Hell (all nine of them) and back to get that mighty mace that Pelor used to kill evil. An artifact isn't a magic bag of legos that can look or act like something. You can scale the power however you want, just make it more ancient, as in more magic leaked for less power.