PDA

View Full Version : Superman Not so super?

SiegeMachine
2008-03-03, 10:26 PM
http://smouch.net/lol/

Sucrose
2008-03-03, 10:28 PM
You are an evil, evil person.

Ominous
2008-03-03, 10:36 PM
Don't click on it. You'll get rick rolled, and you'll have to go into task manager to close the window.

SurlySeraph
2008-03-03, 10:51 PM
@^: ... or you could just flail at the "Enter" key over and over for about a minute.

Not that I didn't think to use the task manager. I'm not an idiot at all. Why are you staring at me?

Nerd-o-rama
2008-03-03, 11:30 PM
Superman is a ****. So are people who create topics just to Rickroll people.

Gungnir
2008-03-03, 11:31 PM
I task manager'd it to death, then restarted firefox. It alerted me that Firefox had closed unexpectedly, and asked if it should restore the last session. I said yes.

In other words: It's Super Effective.

Phase
2008-03-03, 11:41 PM
It's people like this who are sending your pathetic species into a downward spiral.

Let me guess, he doesn't recycle.

NEO|Phyte
2008-03-03, 11:43 PM
I task manager'd it to death, then restarted firefox. It alerted me that Firefox had closed unexpectedly, and asked if it should restore the last session. I said yes.

In other words: It's Super Effective.
Quality work there, chief.

Mewtarthio
2008-03-04, 12:27 AM
I just right-clicked on the tray, chose "Close," and held the Enter key until it finally died.

Runar
2008-03-04, 12:31 AM
I agree with Sucrose. You are a clinically insane, evil little person.

When I take over the world, I want you in charge of my torture division:smallbiggrin: .

kpenguin
2008-03-04, 01:29 AM
I ended my Firefox process via the task manager....

Icewalker
2008-03-04, 02:05 AM
So uh...is this allowed by forum rules? Or is it spam?

F.H. Zebedee
2008-03-04, 03:22 AM
Well, even Superman would have been annoyed by that.

Not that I mind that song at all.

Jerthanis
2008-03-04, 04:05 AM
Ugh, I like a good rickroll as much as the next fellow, but that version of the rickroll is really friggin' annoying. Also, it's not even a sporting Rickroll. Starting topics just to trick people isn't how you do it, and just link to the Youtube video if you're going to rickroll. Then the recipient can chuckle and click the back button as desired. Links that screw with your browser are always annoying.

endoperez
2008-03-04, 04:15 AM
What does it do, exactly? I use Opera, and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, and my anti-virus stopped it from killing Internet Explorer.

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-03-04, 06:38 AM
No different from other Rick Rolls, but in this one you can't close it wihtout being bombarded with pop-ups that contain the lyrics to the song.

It honestly wasn't that bad. But don't do it again, I did actually get a good laugh (this is only my second time being hit with that particular one)!

thubby
2008-03-04, 02:13 PM
What does it do, exactly? I use Opera, and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, and my anti-virus stopped it from killing Internet Explorer.

it brings up a video and song that, when you try to close it, brings up a string of alert windows that take forever to reach the end of. people use taskmanager (control alt delete) to shut down their browser to get around it.

GoC
2008-03-04, 02:28 PM
Has this explopit been reported to the Mozzilla foundation?

Rutee
2008-03-04, 02:30 PM
Ugh, I like a good rickroll as much as the next fellow, but that version of the rickroll is really friggin' annoying. Also, it's not even a sporting Rickroll. Starting topics just to trick people isn't how you do it, and just link to the Youtube video if you're going to rickroll. Then the recipient can chuckle and click the back button as desired. Links that screw with your browser are always annoying.

Seconded, completely. It's good clean fun til you play Malware with people.

Narmoth
2008-03-04, 02:31 PM
It killed the email I was writing.
Muble grumble cursing...

Oslecamo
2008-03-04, 03:25 PM
And that's why you shouldn't go clicking in every link that appears, kids.

Class dismissed.

(ain't gonna click on that one)

Shades of Gray
2008-03-04, 05:25 PM
It was past my bedtime when I clicked it, i quickly pressed the volume down key, and couldn't stop the program. I guess that's karma.

In other words, if you stay up late, you will get Rick Rolled

Jimblee
2008-03-04, 05:45 PM
Woah! Awesome!

Thank you so much for that, I don't think I've felt any better this year!

Ryshan Ynrith
2008-03-04, 08:13 PM
Ah, I love NoScript. Just saw a bunch of empty windows with the filenames on it.

Lame, also.

Squidmaster
2008-03-04, 08:24 PM
It was past my bedtime when I clicked it, i quickly pressed the volume down key, and couldn't stop the program. I guess that's karma.
Same here. I couldn't get it to stop for about twenty minutes. Luckily, my parents didn't hear it. They don't take kindly to me staying up until 11 then waking them up with music so annoying it causes spontaneous ear-drum gouging

Serpentine
2008-03-04, 11:28 PM
Handy hint: If you hold down enter, it just powers on through! :smallbiggrin:

I still haven't actually heard this song, but I'm not going to now, either, cuz I prefer Cake.

Eakin
2008-03-05, 01:29 AM
SiegeMachine, you magnificent bastard, I clicked your link!

I laughed, I groaned, I rolled my eyes. Well played indeed.

Weiser_Cain
2008-03-05, 01:53 AM
This should be a bannable offense!

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-03-05, 09:25 AM
No offense, but what does rickroll mean?

Argetlam15
2008-03-05, 09:47 AM
Haha. I just pressed the link, pressed alt+f4, then held in enter. Well, when the window closed, I came back to giantitp, had the link marked, and pressed enter on it like 10 times before I got rickrolled again -.-

task manager owns these programs, though :P

Illiterate Scribe
2008-03-05, 09:59 AM
Superman is a ****. So are people who create topics just to Rickroll people.

I agree. The most epic rickrolls, and Bel-Airs, are ones that slowly draw in the reader, making them think over a long period of time that they're going to receive something good, before they see Astley's grinning face, or hear the words 'and my mom got scared.

This should be a bannable offense!

What? Doing it for the lulz in a fairly minor way should be a bannable offence? Well, count me in. I've linked 'the internet is serious business.com' multiple times on this forum.

It means that the poster is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and hurt you.

kamikasei
2008-03-05, 10:05 AM

Unwitting exposure to Rick Astley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickroll#.22Rickroll.22_Internet_phenomenon).