The Demented One
2008-03-04, 12:32 AM
Sheska

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Cthulthoth/postmodra.jpg

Size/Type: Small Undead
Hit Dice: 4d12 (26 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+1 size, +4 Dex, +1 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-3
Attack: Needles +5 melee (1d4-1 plus poison)
Full Attack: Needles +5 melee (1d4-1 poison) and Tail +0 melee (1d6-1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., undead traits, unnatural sympathy
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 16, Con –, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 16
Skills: Hide +10, Listen +4, Move Silently +10, Spot +7
Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Dodge, Combat Reflexes
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually True Neutral
Advancement: 5-7 HD (Small)
Level Adjustment: –

Though many speak of the dark deeds and unholy rites performed by necromancers, perhaps even worse are the necrologists, scientists of death. They have perfected necromancy as a science, and constantly experiment to further the possibilities of it. The Sheska is a result of this necrological experimentation, a hideous combination of undead flesh and magically-animated construct. They are created from the corpses of children to serve as lab assistants, their nimble fingers and small hands allowing them to perform deft operations on machinery or necrological specimens their masters could not. A Sheska’s upper body is a reanimated corpse, typically taken from a child or a small humanoid, often dressed in elegant garb or a labcoat. Its lower body is a sprawling mechanical construction, with ten spindly legs supporting it, allowing it to scuttle rapidly. A mechanical tail, tipped with a scythe-like blade, rises up from the back of this mechanical abdomen, serving both as a defense and as a makeshift cutting tool. In addition, the experiments performed on Sheskas render their innards into a necro-biological chemistry plant, their reanimated organs adapted to produce a variety of deadly toxins. These toxins are through the Sheska’s veins and come out syringe-like needles grafted onto their fingertips. Only a truly depraved mage would create a Sheska, and their existence is a painful and torturous one.

Poison (Ex)
A Sheska’s body is constantly generating several different kinds of toxins, which it can inject into creatures using its needle attacks. Each of the Sheska’s poisons has a save DC of 14, which includes a +2 racial bonus. The save is Constitution-based. The engine has a paralyzing toxin, which has initial damage paralysis for 1 round, and secondary damage of 1d6 Dexterity. It has a weakening toxin, which has initial and secondary damage of 1d6 Str. Finally, it has a knockout toxin, with initial damage of unconsciousness for 1d4+1 rounds, and secondary damage of unconsciousness for 1d4+1 minutes.

Unnatural Sympathy (Su)
Though undead abominations of dead flesh and machinery, the child-like forms and innocent faces of Sheskas provokes a strange sympathy in those that see them. As a result, destroying a Sheska can be a highly disturbing experience. Any creature that destroys a Sheska must make a DC 15 Will save or be shaken for one minute. The save is Charisma-based.

Creating a Sheska
An 11th-level spellcaster can create a Sheska by casting the create undead spell on the corpse of a Small humanoid or a child-sized Medium humanoid. Casting create dead does not require any material components, but the spellcaster must create or commission the mechanical body of the Sheska, requiring 50 gp of raw materials and a DC 15 Craft (Armorsmithing, Blacksmithing, or Weaponsmithing) check. In addition, the procedure must be performed in a fully-equipped necrological laboratory, requiring 250 gp to set up.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-04, 12:48 AM
Do want. But also, filler.

Stycotl
2008-03-04, 01:42 AM
sicko. just giving proof that you truly are the demented one.

i especially like the unnatural sympathy. that is just fluffily-good. very fitting. i can see some good mileage with the insanity or taint rules here.

nice stuff.

AugustNights
2008-03-04, 05:47 PM
This is scary.

This is wonderful.

I needed something to sicken my players this Saturday.... I'll let you know how it goes.

streakster
2008-03-04, 06:26 PM
You might want to make the Sympathy alignment dependent - an evil character might even get a morale bonus.

Eh, just a thought. Cool stuff.

GrassyGnoll
2008-03-04, 06:33 PM
Love it, great creepy crawly to surprise the PCs in the "abandoned" lab.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-03-04, 07:35 PM
Why's it called a Sheska?

The Demented One
2008-03-04, 10:02 PM
Why's it called a Sheska?
Just a name me and Krimm came up with. Sounded like something you could call your zombie steamgirl lab assistant.

Neftren
2008-03-04, 10:03 PM
Interesting... but why Weapon Finesse?

Mewtarthio
2008-03-04, 10:12 PM
Interesting... but why Weapon Finesse?

8 Strength. 16 Dexterity. The real question would be: Why not Weapon Finesse?

Where'd you get that picture?

The Demented One
2008-03-04, 10:18 PM
Where'd you get that picture?
Krimm sent me a link to it over aim, and I couldn't resist homebrewing it.

shaddy_24
2008-03-04, 10:25 PM
Sick and twisted! Seriously! This is one of the most demented things I have ever seen!

Good job. You should be proud of yourself.

StoryKeeper
2008-03-05, 09:16 PM
Perfect! I love undead, and this will be perfect to mix into the equation the next time I DM. Hmm... Sheskas with maybe a few Slaymates... maybe an Elizabeth Bathory style BBEG... I have to go write this down!

Xuincherguixe
2008-03-05, 10:12 PM
I think I'm going to use this in my own game.

The player characters are all from "monster" races, so I'm thinking that in human research labs, they might find a few of these things, made out of little Goblin and Ogre kids.

"The savages are no doubt grateful that they finally can do something useful." Is the general attitude.

With their belief that they are the masters of the world (their gods tell) them this, they would feel completely justified in this kind of atrocity.

Yeah. This actually perfect, and I'm glad you came up with it.

Jayngfet
2008-03-05, 11:20 PM
I can just see some half crazy wizard with a dozen or so of these scurrying around, plus a few flesh golems, whistlin a merry tune as he makes another one.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-03-07, 04:39 AM
I can just see some half crazy wizard with a dozen or so of these scurrying around, plus a few flesh golems, whistlin a merry tune as he makes another one.

You forgot about them all ballroom dancing in their off time.

Primal Fury
2008-03-07, 10:46 AM
...this actually made me cry inside a little:smallfrown:

Solo
2008-03-07, 12:37 PM
You are a BAD man. A BAD man.

Jayngfet
2008-03-07, 03:11 PM
You forgot about them all ballroom dancing in their off time.

dancing... with those legs...they would all trip over each other...

...I love it!

Deathtouched
2008-03-07, 08:01 PM
Necromancy and mechanics together? I like it! :smallbiggrin:
Mixing two kinds of unliving things is really cool, and this just gave me a bunch of really good ideas... necromantic science, hehe, i can use that idea...
Really cool, and the picture is nice