PDA

View Full Version : Justice League: The New Frontier

kpenguin
2008-03-05, 04:43 AM
Has anyone seen this yet? I just did and...

Well, I thought it was pretty good, at least compared to most superhero animations today. It had this feeling of classic heroism that I feel has been lost in today's superhero media that I loved.

Of course, there were a few problems. The pace was too fast. I felt that they tried to put too much into an hour and a quarter.

Oh, and Batman still managed to be awesome. I loved it when he told Martian Manhunter:

"Make no mistake, I have a $70,000 sliver of a radioactive meteor to stop the one from Metropolis. All I need for you is a penny for a book of matches"

Satyrquaze
2008-03-05, 10:33 AM
I bought it on Tuesday and have watched it 4 times with no complaints.

Batman is indeed awesome, Hal Jordan comes off just as awesome IMHO.

Notably, this feature is PG-13 and it is noticably more graphic (than the standard DC animated tv series or movie) in areas, but it's still less graphic than prime time network television.

It does flow a bit quite faster than the books and entire groups of characters were left completely removed from the story for the movie, and it's completely understandable why they did that given that "DC: The New Frontier" was a 6 issue mini series and the cut it down to an hour and a quarter. The movie doesn't suffer terribly from this loss, unless you're married to a group like Task Force X.

The voices are cast surprisingly well, I was happily surprised by Lucy Lawless (Wonder Woman), Migel Ferrer (Martian Manhunter), and Jeremy Sisto (Batman).

feghoot
2008-03-05, 09:11 PM
I havn't read the book, and didn't really like the movie. Then agin, I tend to be a bit cynical of direct-to-DVD movies

Silverbolt
2008-03-06, 02:04 AM
Haven't read the book, but I actually liked it. The Flash wasn't in it enough to be sure, but he was in it at least.

RachelEvil
2008-03-06, 12:22 PM
Wasn't nearly as good as the book, but, then, that would be tough to pull off.

I was disappointed in the lack of The Losers.

Honestly, what with being a PG-13 movie, it could have been a fair bit longer than it was. Instead, it was kiddie-flick length, which, in my opinion, did not help it.