PDA

View Full Version : actions in combat (other then attacking)

quiet1mi
2008-03-07, 11:09 PM
hey everyone.
got another question for y'all educated folk.

i got a thief acrobat in my game and he wants to jump over people along with tumble through bushes, etc... (thief acrobat fill in blanks)

normally i am good with that because it is cool however i don't know how to actually handle it in a combat situation.

and to add to the complexity he likes using the Grease spell a lot (from scrolls).

anyone got a helping idea.

FlyMolo
2008-03-07, 11:14 PM
You can use Tumble to go through spaces w/o provoking an AoO. DC 25, or some such. The SRD has it, I think.

Is that what you're looking for?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-03-07, 11:17 PM
ToB has some maneuvers that fit this and are accessible with a couple level dip in swordsage. Or just use jump checks and the tumble DCs.

Xefas
2008-03-07, 11:17 PM
There's also a Skill Trick (costs 2 Skill Points to learn) in the Complete Scoundrel book that allows you to make an opponent Flat-Footed (and thus vulnerable to sneak attack damage) when you tumble through their square. You're effectively using your crazy acrobatics to slip through their guard and shank them before they know what's going on.

KillianHawkeye
2008-03-08, 09:24 AM
If you're curious about what kind of combat action it takes, you can jump or tumble at any point during any of your move actions.