View Full Version : [Avatar D20 Project] Contributers Role Call

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-08, 01:29 AM
Alright people, let's do this in an orderly fashion, so here are the rules:

There are three levels of contribution:
Platinum Contributer
Gold Contributer
Silver Contributer

I am the judge of your contribution level and will try to notify you of the level I appoint to you, you may challenge that decision if you wish by arranging for a letter of recommendation from a fellow contributor to be sent to me via PM or email complete with links.

I will be checking your contributions and do not be ashamed, this is not to degrade but to acknowledge the hard work some star contributors put into this project. When posting, please state what you have contributed such as "I revised the Storm Winds seed" or "I helped revise the Ranger class and suggested the feat chain for the Two-Handed style". Links to affirm your claim are appreciated, even if your idea was not accepted you still get points for it!

If you where the main creator of a certain piece of content and wish to be acknowledged specifically for that please state that in your post with a link.

If you would like to be recognized by some alias other than your Playground name you may state so in your post, PM me, or send an email to [email protected] with "Avatar D20 Contributer" in the subject line, I promise to keep all information confidential. If you are for some reason embarrassed to state your contributions, feel free to PM or email me.

I am not responsible for leaving anyone out of the acknowledgments, you are responsible for contacting me and proving your contributions. If you think some one from earlier in the project needs to be acknowledged tell them to post here.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM or email me.

You have until Thursday March 13th @ 1:00pm EST or you will not be included in the first release of the pdf.

Thank you for your contributions and cooperation,
- Lord Tataraus

Edit: I have decided to evaluate each contributor's level on a relative scale so as too truly highlight the largest contributers. I will post the rankings after the closure of this role call.

jagadaishio
2008-03-08, 02:00 AM
I'm in the two campaign/playtests running right now, gave my input on the issues of armor and use of limbs and how it relates to bending, and gave a number of feat tree suggestions for Seraph's ranger. I wish that I had gotten into it earlier so that I could have participated in the creation of this awesome system more than I did.

Mephibosheth
2008-03-08, 02:05 AM
I consider myself a platinum contributor, though I suppose that's for you to decide :smallwink:. In addition to serving as coordinator (for better or for worse), I am responsible for:
The version 1.0 benders (which I'll get around to updating hopefully soon and post on the website)
A fairly large number of seeds and class abilities - air blast, deflect attack [all versions], tremorsense [lie detector], golem [all versions], immobilize, child of the sun/moon, ice shards [at least the current version], rise with the tides, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting
The rules for quickened bending and bending on the defensive
A large number of the unique creatures - armadillo-lion, badger-mole, boar-q-pine, canyon crawler, flying bison, kimodo-rhinoceros, sea serpent, shirshu, and unagi
Several feats - behind the back, chi disruption/improved chi disruption/chi immobilization, circle walking, deflect arrows rewrite, disperse attack, disrupt bending, I'm great with animals, redirect charge, stunning fist rewrite, and sundering blast
Knowledge skills rewrite
Iconic character builds - Jet, Katara, Mai, Ty Lee
Equipment/machinery - Dai Li shackles, non-bending gliders, war balloon, chi enhancing tea, smoke bomb, spirit oasis water, and tangle mine
I think that's everything. Hope that helps.

Mephibosheth

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-08, 02:44 AM
I consider myself a platinum contributor, though I suppose that's for you to decide :smallwink:.

I don't know Mephibosheth, you have contributed a bit, but I don't know if you really gave that extra effort....[/sarcasm]

You and Eighth Seraph don't have to post on role call unless you specifically want your name attached to something (as opposed to a general statement "creator of the version 1 benders").

Darkbane
2008-03-08, 09:09 AM
I've been in this for a bit. I'm currently in the Autumn Twilight campaign, and I was in the first Playtest Arena (although unfotunately, the round I was in was never finished :smallyuk:).I've also participated in discussions.

Shades of Gray
2008-03-08, 09:17 AM
I'm running a playtest campaign on the boards, participating in all of the playtest arena fights, and I'm working on a PrC and a couple of seeds to go with it. I have contributed to the all the classes whether it be seed names, or even feats.

Copacetic
2008-03-08, 09:45 AM
I particapted in the first and I am currently participating in the second playtests, I'm also in the campaign Meph is runing. I was the first to attempt the Elemental study feats, and I led to the nerfing of the blasts. I also have contributed four six! forms in the form Compenduim.( Go check them out!)

FlyMolo
2008-03-08, 01:19 PM
Ummm, lesee.

Feedback on quickened bending, two playtesting rounds in the original playtesting thread, another in the playtesting 2 thread, participating in El Tea's avatar-based homebrew world campaign(valdar), pointed out the total broken-ness of ice shards (ranged), and submitted a couple forms. Don't know how many. Probably said something about a couple of other mechanics, but everyone knows that doesn't help much.

Oh! and the original rules for cooperative bending.

I'd like to claim that I contributed in any significant way to other stuff, given the liquid awesome that is this system, but I really haven't. C'est la vie.

Eighth_Seraph
2008-03-08, 03:16 PM
Um. Wow, what have I done here?

Designed the v2.0 bending system and base classes
Made the grand majority of seeds for the four bending classes
Constructed the Disciple of Healing Waters prestige class and associated seeds
Led the project through the original "Bending and Base Classes" thread
Adapted the PHB Ranger to a non-magical system
Made the style-based monk redux
Participated in both rounds of playtesting
Made Piandao as an iconic character back on the original non-bending thread
Items and Machinery: Airbender's Staff, Sandbender Capture Cords, dynamite stick, and iron bombs
Small edits and additions to Lord Tataraus' non-magical enhancement system, including the "Bending" craftsmanship bonus for armor.
Contributed the Run. Hide. There's No Escape , Drillspike, High Impact, Combustion, Guardian of the Great Tree, and Blue Dragon Claw bending forms.
Designed the Dragonfire seed on the non-canon thread.
A few feats - A Thousand Cuts, Solitary Strike, Mobile Mastery, Form Mastery, maybe a few others lying around somewhere.
Form creation system, if we decide to keep it.
Um. Other stuff. Yeah.

I really just wanted to see everything I put into this over the past six or so months. You're really getting into this, Tataraus. I'm pretty excited to see the result.

Copacetic
2008-03-08, 03:27 PM
Eighth, you forgot starting ths whole project. Lets just say your a Platinum Contributor and call it quits. :smallwink:

ErrantX
2008-03-08, 05:39 PM
Well, for my contributions (please credit me as ErrantX):

10 seeds (Blizzard, Wall of Fire, Tornado, Engulfing Winds, part of Air Shield, Stormwinds, Deep Breath, Sound Waves, Air Thrust, Air Burst). Plus a another several that didn't make the cut.
The Iron Tortoise Martial Artist path
Extra Bending Seed feat.
Contributed weapon style ideas for Eighth_Seraph's Ranger variant.
Iconic Character builds - Aang and Toph
The Revised Bending Study Feats
The Dai Li Agent PrC
The Avatar Template
I moderate the creature thread and have done a lot of statting (homebrew and adaptation both) of the creatures of the Avatar world.
Several forms in the form compendium.
General analysis, feedback, and work in balancing the classes and making them plain work.
Lots o' time :D

-X

Ceiling009
2008-03-08, 06:43 PM
I'm probably a Bronze Contributor, probably pushing for the non-canon content, and some suggestions through out the project...

Pirate_King
2008-03-09, 12:36 AM
I'd consider myself silver, maybe gold, though most of my contributions have been subtractive, having more to do with trying to keep certain elements within canon and the realm of what would actually be possible/playable. I brought certain fire and waterbending seeds(weapon creation, fire kick, and possibly others) into question, and helped solve the problems of immobilization DC's, Sun and Moon, and bending learning feats. I also came up with the guerrilla favored enemy, which became raider, or something, and bugged Meph enough to create a version of animal companion through a feat:). I'm participating (and possibly running) playtesting, both the pvp/pvm and gray's autumn twilight. Lastly, I pointed out the pointlessness of the original rules for the "ergonomic" craftsman bonus, and suggested the alternative (dex bonus rather than ACP). In terms of actual creation, I guess I didn't come up with much, but I think I did quite a bit of sanding and polishing.

heh, I was a pixie before this project.

Uthug
2008-03-09, 05:10 AM
I haven't done much but have participated in 3 rounds of the playtest (and hopefully won) and sort of exposed the ridiculous STR DC of some of the seeds. Also some comments on the armour and weapons enhancement system.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-03-10, 04:57 PM
I created one seed and sub-seed use, started the Form Compendium, participated in the various discussions and created a PrC in the Non-Core thread.(Which I consider should be Core, Meph, and I dare you to say no!)

By the conditions you've put on, I should be a Gold Contributor, but I feel like it would be wrong. I didn't do that much... :smallredface:

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-12, 09:50 PM
I have decided to evaluate each contributor's level on a relative scale so as too truly highlight the largest contributers. I will post the rankings after the closure of this role call.

Thank you again for your participation and please urge all other contributers to sign in as well. They may find the link by clicking on the role call banner in my sig.

- Lord Tataraus

Thistle
2008-03-12, 10:41 PM
Most of what I did was for version 1.0

I offered critique and suggestions
Statted forms such as Quench the Flames, Breath of Fire, Fire Rush Feint, Break Stance, Lava Flows, Redirect Lightning, Body of Air Thrust, Steady Stance though I'm sure some of these have undergone revision
Made some feats for Bending Learning
Did a little work on Cooperative bending but that didn't get far

Colt
2008-03-13, 11:08 AM
I'm currently in the Autumn Twilight Playtest, and am planning on being more active in the project threads.

Lord Tataraus
2008-03-13, 12:08 PM
Well, that's the end of it. Thank you for your participation and support. The pdf should be posted for download later tonight after the last editing.

Edit: Here is the completed list for contributors, I had to make some tough decisions on were to make the cut, but each and every level is an honor all its own. I decided to reserve the Platinum level for project leaders only and for one outstanding contributor:

Platinum Contributors:
Eighth_Seraph
Creator of the bending system revision and original project leader
ErrantX
Awarded the most outstanding contributor
Mephibosheth
Creator of the original bending system and second project leader

Gold Contributors:
FlyMolo
Guyr Adamantine
Pirate_King
Shades of gray