PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver Paladin: Need help balancing

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-03-08, 11:10 AM
Pretty simple thing here, but I'd like some help determining if it's balanced or not.

I'd like a Paladin/Crusader hybrid class for flavor reasons, and was wondering if dropping spells, Detect Evil, Turn Undead and Remove Disease from the notoriously weak Paladin would justify adding in either the Crusader's Maneuver progression or the Warblade's Maneuver progression, with White Raven, Devoted Spirit, and Stone Dragon as the schools.

Opinions?

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-08, 11:24 AM
Drop the spells and the turning... maybe.

Detect Evil and Smite Evil?! Most definitely not! I, for one, stand by the old paladin.

Roderick_BR
2008-03-08, 11:31 AM
Drop the crusader's steely resolve, and give him the paladin's detect/smite evil, lay-on-hands, and divine grace. I think that wouldn't be too unbalancing.
The rest (spellcasting, aura of courage, divine health, cure disease, and specially special mount) would make it a bit overpowered.
That's my opinion, of course, I'm not too experienced with class balance.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-03-08, 11:40 AM
Hmmm...what would I need to do to get Special Mount in there? That's largely what I was aiming for.

Miraqariftsky
2008-03-08, 11:56 AM
Hmmm... whatsay put in just one or two maneuvres and then put in the special mount?

Sorry. Ain't got no sourcebooks, all I got's the SRD.

Stycotl
2008-03-08, 04:07 PM
put in demented one's twin spirit discipline, and if you can't squeeze a special mount into the class itself, take the favored mount feat that demented one created for the discipline.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40991