PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Tribe (Goblin Gestalt)

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-10, 01:41 PM
OOC Thread located HERE (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4046940#post4046940)

Change of plan for rolls. We will make all rolls in this thread as they come up, as part of posting the action (for example: I swing at the guy in front of me! (1d20+4) [19]). This will be easier to keep track of which rolls go where.

Furthermore, I may be making 'off board' rolls. This is when the PC's will not know if it worked or not, or in sensory cases, such as Spot checks. Results will be given, or not as the roll determines, via PM's. It will be up to the individual character to decide what he does with the information. So if player A is the only one to make a spot check, I will send him a PM telling him what he spotted. He can tell the rest of the party, or he can keep the information to himself. His choice.

Please remember, I do not prevent party conflict, I merely take advantage of it. *rubs hands together and gives the Evil Mastermind chuckle*

In the Lands traditionally claimed by the goblinkind, there has been a disturbing trend of Humans pressing themselves in from the East for the past generation or two. More and more of their raiding parties (also known by them as 'adventuring parties') have been raiding and pillaging deeper and deeper into the goblin territories. They have even established tribes of their own on lands that, two generations ago, were Goblin lands.

Once, the goblin lands spread east all the way to the Nasty Mountains, where the stinking dwarves and gnomes live. Many fine raids were once made into those mountains, some comming back with nice loot, others vanishing. However, the Humans arrived one day, in numbers of tribes worth of people, going through the Nasty Mountains, probably aided by those same stinking dwarves and gnomes, and established their own tribes after the bloodshed that ensued.

Your tribe's land is far from that place, and was thought to be safe from Human raids. The game is plentiful, you have defeated all tribes who try to claim your area, and your tribe prospers. Life is about as good as it's going to get for a Goblin.

You know there is an individual far to the West that has stated that the only way for all of the native races, Goblinoid, Orcish, Gnollish, and everyone else, to survive this invasion is to band together into a Tribe of Tribes and present a united front to these foul humans. However, the Chief has decided that, for now, it would not be in the Tribe's best interest to go join up.

Then one day, the tribe Wise Woman has a vision, saying that for the tribe to survive, a Grand Hunting Party must be made and go forth into a certain area to begin the greatest hunt of all time. She names the individuals who must form this Grand Hunting Party (that would be you PC's), who go forth, expecting plentiful game and many rewards when you get back. She states that they must go out for two weeks, no more, no less.

There was nothing there, not even a rabbit. The area was so empty you ended up on half rations by the time you got back. If it wasn't for the scouts and the ranger, you probably wouldn't have managed to find enough food to fill your own bellies, much less anything to bring back. Hanging your heads in shame, you return home empty handed.

You return to a desolate waste and ruins. Everything of value is either destroyed or burned. Not a single goblin is left alive. And this was all done very recently, probably no more than a few hours ago. This was no warring Goblin tribe, for Goblins 'adopt' the young of a tribe they conquer, but this raid killed all goblins, even the women and children.

This is the scene which spreads out before you: Your village, utterly destroyed, as the sun begins it's descent. It is a few hours afternoon, but you still have a few hours of daylight left. There is absolutely nothing of tangible worth in the entire village.

Gentlemen, start your RP!

Edit: For my records, I'm dropping links for every character sheet here. Makes it convenient that way

Chineselegolas - Shad'roh - Swordsage//Buckler (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3367)

Methates - Gorm - Scout//Barbarian (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=44940)

quiet1mi - Lank - Cleric//Ranger (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=45042)

Jael_Darkwood - Malar - Wilder//Dread Necromancer (http://www.campaign-blog.com/view.php?id=7913)

Derwood - Gribbus - Scout//Beguiler (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=45077)

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-10, 03:29 PM
Malar

He stands silently for a moment, taking in the view of the destroyed village. "The wise woman may have known.... But that doesn't matter now. We must seek out those who did this... and make them pay." He looks at the scout and ranger. "Maybe one of you can find us a trail to follow?"

Methates
2008-03-10, 06:52 PM
Gorm

"No no no no! Tribe can't be gone! We must find who did this! We must kill them!" Gorm nervously starts running about, searching for any tracks that might have been left ([roll0]). He also keeps an eye out for anything unusual that either shouldn't be there, or might give a clue as to what kind of people destroyed the village ([roll1], take twenty if there is nothing more important to do [=23]).

quiet1mi
2008-03-10, 08:29 PM
Lank

lank is staring in disbelief at the mountain of rubble that used to be his home. Malar is correct, Maglubiyet would not be pleased if we remain idle... it would be best to find out who committed this butchery and slay them in the most painful and slow manner possible...

searches the ground for any clues to who did this [roll0]

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-10, 09:14 PM
Malar

"We don't have much time... whoever did this, it looks like they were just here... some of the buildings are still smoking. We need to get on their trail asap, and take them tonight when they stop to set up camp." He smiles darkly. "As to their punishment... that we can take our time with."

Chineselegolas
2008-03-10, 10:13 PM
Shad'roh

"If the wise woman knew this was coming, wouldn't she have tried to save herself too?" Shad'roh said as he drifted around waking in and out of the smoke, parts of it seeming to come off him and others flowing into him. "But then again, she told us to return at this time. It makes no sense" he continued and knelt on the ground, pushing around some of the rubble of his hut.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-10, 10:50 PM
Your search for clues turned up the following:

There was a note in the Wise Woman's hut, in the metal box under her cot, still undamaged. It reads as follows:

To the Hunting Party

I am sorry, but it has to be this way. It is your destiny, and ours. The alternative would have been for all of us to die. This way, you can get revenge on them all.

You each have a great destiny, far more powerful than any I have seen before. I could not see the full scope of your destiny, but I did see that you have the potential to be the saving of the mindless slaughter of tribes upon tribes of people.

You are no hunting party, you are a raiding party. Avenge us, and you will start your path to greater things

(as an FYI, even if you have the Survival skill, you may ONLY find and follow tracks if you have the feat Track.)

quiet1mi
2008-03-10, 11:22 PM
Lank

Maglubiyet must smile upon us today for I just found some tracks from those responsible... Lank kneels down and points to the newly discovered tracks. The pitiful humans did not even try to conceal them... it must be the will of Maglubiyet that we fallow and slaughter them... do not worry mother and father, you will be avenged!lank picks himself up and motions everyone to fallow him.it looks like my training in tracking humans will be put to good use

Chineselegolas
2008-03-11, 12:34 AM
Shad'roh

Standing and sheathing his sword, Shad'roh kicked over a rock and walked over to where Lank stood. "I care not for the other tribes the wise woman mentioned, but this was out land, our homes. We shall follow them like your shadow follows. Lurking always, ever present, never leaving you alone." Drawing his hunting knife, Shad'roh drove it into the ground looking over the village, "You will be avenged." Standing, he turned and followed after Lank, moving from shadow to shadow, his eyes darting around watching the surrounding for any other survivors.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-11, 07:46 AM
Lank follows the trail easily, it seems they were going more for speed than stealth. There seems to be six humans and one Medium quadraped with steel horseshoes, so probably either a mule or a pony, which seems to be loaded down.

He follows the trail, the group following him back east as the sun slowly sets behind them, not making up much distance, as they seem to be moving as fast as they can.

It is now dusk, you probably have at least three hours if they keep going, or less than an hour if they make camp. Thanks to Darkvision, Lank can continue to follow the tracks by night if necessary.

So, do you choose to camp for the night, or do you press on? How stealthy do you wish to be if you continue? How will the marching order go? Is anyone going to be significantly ahead of the party? (I'm giving you a freebee this time, unless otherwise stated, the default setting is 'not stealthy', which gives opponents a much easier time of trying to spot you. However, you only go half as fast in 'stealth mode', so it could take up to twice as long on the original time estimate if you do decide to go on from here in stealth)

Chineselegolas
2008-03-11, 08:47 AM
Shad'roh

Looking at the shadows, watching them lengthen, Shad'roh turned to the others, "Lets pick up the pace slightly, humans are blind by night and we should see them by the light of their fires before they even notice any change in this protective darkness."

Methates
2008-03-11, 09:16 AM
Gorm

"Yes yes! Blood and bones, kill the humans!" Gorm rushes up to the front of the group. laughing. If Lank wasn't required to show him the path, Gorm might run all the way there on his own. But on the other hand, Gorm had enough sense to know that two goblins could take down a human more easily than one goblin. So he stayed to the front, going as fast as the party can go.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-11, 10:43 AM
-As an aside, the OOC thread is now up, and linked at the top of the first post.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled RP already in progress-

I'm waiting for the rest of the players to pipe up before progressing to the fight scene.

Derwood
2008-03-13, 03:03 PM
OOC: Sorry for my tardyness- neglected to subscribe and just kinda.. yeah.. I'm dumb. lol

Jumping up and down in the middle of the path, Gribbus finally speaks up, furious, "We run and find them! Find them all and make them bloody and hurt! Hurt and bloody as they made tribe! OVER AND OVER AGAIN We make them all pay!"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-13, 03:42 PM
As the party moves onward, following the tracks, they see a fire up ahead in the distance. Currently, you are several hundred feet from the fire, you can just barely see it. You know that no Goblin tribes should be in this imediate area, since it's still your Tribe's territory.

Please remember, describe your actions carefully and completely. If you didn't say you did something, you didn't do it. If you said you did something, you did it. I will not accept 'but my character would have...' as a legitimate reason for allowing an action to take place or not take place to avoid negative concequences. I may, if I think the situation warrents, ask if this is what you really want to do. Your answer after that will be final and you will take any concequences, good or bad, from that action.

So, what does everyone do?

Since this is a potential combat situation, I'll want everyone to post their character's actions before we continue. RP between characters is perfectly acceptable.

Methates
2008-03-13, 04:44 PM
Gorm

Gorm takes out his greataxe but keeps his voice down to a whisper.

"Shh! Shh! Don't let them hear us! We move quiet-like now...sneak up and bash their heads in, yes!" Gorm starts creeping towards the fire as quietly as he can.

[roll0]
[roll1]

quiet1mi
2008-03-13, 05:39 PM
Lank

Gorm has the right idea we can sneak past their pathetic ears, so lets creep up on them and attack all at once...lank puts his buckler in his backpack and pulls out his crossbow, loads it and decides to fallow about 5 feet away from Gorm.

1d20+111d20+11

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-13, 06:35 PM
Lank

Gorm has the right idea we can sneak past their pathetic ears, so lets creep up on them and attack all at once...lank puts his buckler in his backpack and pulls out his crossbow, loads it and decides to fallow about 5 feet away from Gorm.

[roll0][roll1]

* post roll count doesn't match database

Try setting up the rolls again. Editing them won't work, it'll return an error.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-13, 10:01 PM
Malar

"I will hang back and use spells.. you guys go in and bash some huuu-maaans (ferengi pronunciation styles!).. Make sure to take out the sentry quickly." Malar slowly sneaks closer (to about 30 ft from the closest enemy, relying on the poor lighting and the crackling of the fire to assist him (Hide[roll0]Move Silently[roll1]). Then he holds his action, waiting until just after someone else initiates combat to cast ray of enfeeblement on a big-burly-fighter-type enemy (move action to get (safely) in range, ranged touch attack [roll2], [roll3] strength penalty to target).

Derwood
2008-03-13, 10:41 PM
Gribbus

As soon as Gribbus catches view of the camp fire, he growls and makes a number of gestures while muttering carefully selected arcane phrases. Taking off at great speed, he keeps to the shadows while staying as silent as possible.

"Time to stab stab..."

Casting: Expedious Retreat

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

OOC:
Gribbus will get as close as he needs to in order to get a good look at the group and open fire.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Skirmish: [roll4]

quiet1mi
2008-03-13, 11:10 PM
(trying this again)

[roll0] [roll1]

Methates
2008-03-14, 12:45 AM
Gorm

Seeing Gribbus rush past, ready to open fire, Gorm decides to veer off to the left slightly so that once Gribbus opens fire, they shouldn't be looking at where Gorm was coming from. He continues to sneak toward the enemy until he is close enough to charge one of them. If he has the chance, he'll either charge the physically weakest looking enemy, or the same enemy that Gribbus is attacking.

Status: HP-15, AC-16(with charge, 17 with dodge bonus against the opponent Gorm attacks)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Chineselegolas
2008-03-14, 04:05 AM
Shad'roh

Circling off to the left, Shad'roh nodded at his fellow goblins and drew his darkened blade, holding it at the ready, grinning slightly as he moved into the shadows, them flowing around and through him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Swift action activate stance (And stating now I always have it active unless I state otherwise (Which I suppose could come back to bite me in the ass but...))

When the first other goblin charges or he thinks he is spotted, Shad-roh will move at the closest robed non-goblin, If can't move at any then will charge closest robed non-goblin. If this is unable, move at closest other non-goblin, if out of range than charge

AC 19 (20% miss chance) (17 if had to charge)
HP 8
[roll2] (+2 if charging)
[roll3]
If crit threat (19-20) (Nope so ignore)
[roll4] (+2 if charging)
[roll5]

quiet1mi
2008-03-14, 08:23 AM
when the enemy has been engaged lank will summon the power to of doubt into a non-engaged human. then he will start firing cross bolts into humans not engaged with anyone else.He will also keep his ear's open to any one who needs back up or healing.

i am casting doom the dc:13 (will)

(see next post for attack rolls)

quiet1mi
2008-03-14, 08:35 AM
attack[roll0][roll1]
if critical (19-20) [roll2][roll3]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-14, 04:28 PM
As the party moves onward, following the tracks, they see a fire up ahead in the distance. Currently, you are several hundred feet from the fire, you can just barely see it. You know that no Goblin tribes should be in this imediate area, since it's still your Tribe's territory.

Emphasis for clarification. No one can see anyone at the fire yet. You will have to close to see anyone at the fire.

At this time, I'm asking if you are attempting any sort of stealth to close, or if you don't care and are moving forward quickly.

Those using stealth, may I remind you that making more than half move carries significant penalties (-5), and making a full move while in stealth is practically impossible at your level (-20). These penalties are applied to both Hide and Move SIlently. In other words, you're probably not going to be able to keep up with anyone making a full move with any kind of silence.

You currently have no idea who is at the fire, who is active and alert, who may or may not be on guard duty specifically watching for ambush, or anything else about the area.

With this in mind, would anyone care to clarify their actions?

Chineselegolas
2008-03-14, 05:39 PM
Shad'roh
Circling off to left, taking -5 penalty till about 120ft away from the fire, then moving slower, until attacking conditions met
Planning to enter camp at about a 60-90 degree angle from others
(Giving an illusion of another goblin party from another direction. Psych warfare ftw)

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-14, 09:55 PM
mine is still the same, only change is if combat lights off before I am close enough I will abandon stealth and use a overcharged psionic zap to hit someone.

Methates
2008-03-14, 10:29 PM
Gribbus will get as close as he needs to in order to get a good look at the group and open fire.

I took that to mean that Gribbus was going to open fire as soon as he got in range, but on second thought I suppose that might not be precisely right.

So anyhoo, to clarify, Gorm will sneak at half-speed (20 ft.) until he is close enough to see somebody. If somebody else attacks, Gorm won't attack as well until he is close enough to charge somebody. Otherwise, he will wait and scope out the group at the fire.

quiet1mi
2008-03-14, 10:42 PM
(ooc) my plan remains the same... if anyone attacks i doom an un-engaged guy and then start firing my cross bolts at any human not engaged in close combat.if any of my fellow goblins sustain heavy injury i will come to their aide but first...
(ic) lank continue to move at stealth speed of 10ft per round until he reaches a range of 100 ft or someone charges/attacks
(ooc) are we aloud to post battle plans in the ooc forum (in this situation especially) or do we have to do this all in character? ex: I will do X, gorm you go around and charge Y etc...

Derwood
2008-03-14, 11:33 PM
OOC:

Okay- should have clarified a little better... Gribbus will sneak close, and as soon as he can get a decent look at the people around it (prob within 60 ft.) he will open fire. Sooooo..... plans stay the same, just clearer.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-15, 07:48 AM
Here's What Happens:

As you approach the campsite in stealth, You find that there are six humans sitting aorund the campfire and one mule tied off to a tent, which seems to be fairly loaded down.

Some of the humans are laughing and talking (does anyone speak Common? It wasn't an automatic language), a couple others are trying to be as alert as they can be, looking around nervously.

The party gets to about a hundred feet away when Shad'roh pops off his Crossbow (which he did at about 120', but since he was circling around, you managed to get a bit closer. Unfortunately, the crossbow is NOT a Shadow Hand weapon, so he doesn't get Dex to Damage. The Human he hit shouts in pain. Several of the other humans look around, and one manages to spot him (since shooting blew your stealth) and points. The rest grab their weapons and stand ready. One human has a longbow, one (the one that spotted Shad'roh) has a shortbow, one picks up a sword and shield, another picks up a mace and shield, one grabs a Greataxe, and grabs a Longspear.

Unfortunately, because none of you coordinated before attacking, everyone else is as surprised as the humans were about the crossbow bolt, but surprise has definately been broken now

Roll Initiative everyone. It's time for Combat, with a light salad to follow.

Methates
2008-03-15, 10:20 AM
[roll0]

Gorm ignores the crossbow bolt and continues sneaking closer, not wanting to break his stealth if he hasn't been spotted yet.

quiet1mi
2008-03-15, 10:51 AM
Lank

Lank mumbles some words to his god while doing seemingly random hand gestures, ending with pointing at the human with the greataxe... shortly after he will aim his cross bolt at the human with the long spear and fire..

he is casting Doom at the human with the greataxe (dc 13: will)
[roll0][roll1]if critical [roll2][roll3]

quiet1mi
2008-03-15, 10:56 AM
here is my initiative roll [roll0]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-15, 04:31 PM
Lank may cast OR shoot, both are standard actions, of which you may only get one.

quiet1mi
2008-03-15, 05:16 PM
sorry...lank will be casting doom on the human with the greataxe...

Chineselegolas
2008-03-15, 06:44 PM
[roll0]

Double move towards them I guess

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-15, 08:22 PM
My apologies, I misread his post, I thought it said move to 120 AND fire, not From the fire...

*pulls the air break, time rewinds, and we get to see all the commentary in reverse. Sadly, playing these comments in reverse will NOT, unlike some reputed Rock & Roll albums, summon anything*

Okay,

Here's what REALLY happens

Everyone is able to sneak in without being seen... so far.

The humans are around the fire, their weapons at arm's reach, but not in hand. They have a pot of something over the fire, which is cooking. Two seem particularly alert and watching their surroundings, but don't seem to see any of you so far.

All of you can get to 100' no problem. At 100', Lank holds back, watching for either being seen or an attack to cast his Doom. At the same time, Shad'roh reaches his position.

Closing in to 60'...

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll=NPC2-Listen]1d20+2

holy crap, a Nat 20 on his spot check!

One of the two humans on watch frowns, then points and shouts

Now initiative starts, you get a surprise round on them, then actual combat starts

The one who shouted a warning grabs his bow, the rest are flat-footed and surprised, which would have been fun if you were within 30'...

quiet1mi
2008-03-15, 09:42 PM
wow... time to get IC
[roll=initiative]1d20+3[/initiative]
Lank is currently 100ft from the fire... he will move 20ft then ready an action (casting doom DC:13(will)) for the first human to grab a longspear (if this is metagame, then the first human to grab his weapon)

quiet1mi
2008-03-15, 09:43 PM
rolling for initiative (rolled wrong last post)[roll0]

Methates
2008-03-15, 10:59 PM
Gorm

Gorm sees the human shout, then loses his patience. He lets out a savage cry and charges the closest human. If his first blow doesn't kill the human, he'll attack him again.

Status: HP-17, AC-14 for surprise round, 16 for other rounds, +1 for the human who spotted the group (dodge feat), Raging (8 rounds)

(+2 from charge, +2 from rage)
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]

The second attack is against the first target, but if the first attack kills him I'll direct it at somebody else...

Forgot initiative...does it work in an edit?

Also, I'm gonna apply my dodge bonus to my current target instead of the man with the bow in the second round...

[roll=Initiative]1d20+4

Methates
2008-03-15, 11:03 PM
So much for rolling in an edit =P

[roll0]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-16, 08:21 AM
Gorm does not get a surprise round because Gorm got spotted by the unbelievabally lucky Spot check. 60' is (just barely) within Charging distance, however, so your action is perfectly valid.

Derwood
2008-03-16, 10:47 AM
Init: [roll0]

Chineselegolas
2008-03-16, 04:37 PM
Shad'roh

Seeing movement in the human camp, then hearing a shout, Shad'roh knew someone had been spotted, so gave up on the pretence of stealth and moved in at a swift jog.

[roll0]
Surprise round (yay for single action rounds...):
Move 30ft towards Human Camp

Round 1:
Double move towards closest human

AC: 19
HP: 8
Stance: Child of Shadows (20% miss chance)
Maneuvers left: Burning Blade, Mighty Throw, Shadow Blade Technique, Stone Bones

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-16, 04:46 PM
Malar

Init [roll0]

During the suprise round, Malar sends a ray of darkred energy at one of the most heavily armed humans.

ray of enfeeblement, anyone wearing heavy armor or, failing that (if they slept without armor on), carrying a 2-handed weapon. ranged touch to hit : [roll1], strength damage : [roll2].

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-16, 09:26 PM
Okay, no one gets a surprise round, because they spotted movement first. They only two they do not see at first is Shad'roh and Malar, because they never moved into the line of sight, being too far away to be seen by the humans.

[roll0]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-16, 10:01 PM
First, Gorm lets out a bloodcurdling warcry (did you use Rage on this? You never specified it) and charges forward before the two on 'guard duty' can draw a bead on him, bringing his waraxe in an overhanded attack and burries it in the chest of the one who spotted him and called the alert. The axe makes a meaty thunking noise, and the human's surprised expression is now what he will display forever more, as he falls over, quite dead.

*As Gorm closes with the human, a loud noise emits from the area due to the triggered Alarm spell. Pity it came too late. For the humans, anyways.

Next, Malar makes a foul incantation, accompanied by a throwing gesture, and points at the Human even now readying his Longsword and Large Shield, still wearing his Breastplate, since that is the most heavily armored of the group. The blast hits the human square in the chest, sapping his Strength significantly.

Shad'roh advances from a different angle, closing with the Human even now picking up his Light Mace, however since he did not charge, he cannot attack this round. He seems to be dancing in the shadows cast by the firelight, a trick of the light seeming to consistantly cast him in shadow, making it hard to exactly determine where he is from moment to moment.

Gribbus is continuing to close, and is now to 40' from the campfire. The humans do not appear to have seen him yet, and do not seem too concerned with looking for him with the obvious threats around. The following are within 30' and can be sneak attacked next round: The other human 'on guard', the human with the sword and shield, and the one picking up the Greataxe. The one who hasn't bothered grabbing a weapon and the one who is engaged with Shad'roh are on the other side of the campfire from him. It took both the move and the standard action to move this close with only a -5 penalty to your checks, any further and you would have had a -20 to your checks and been obvious.

The human with the Greataxe lets out his own warcry and charges at Gorm

[roll0]
[roll1]

His axe bites deep into Gorm's flesh, a mighty wound, but a survivable one.

The human with the mace shouts out in their language Help! I've got one on me! and adopts a defensive stance, murmuring a prayer while holding onto his holy symbol

[roll2] DC 16 (base 15+ 1 for 1st level spell) - Casting Sanctuary, which makes everyone who tries to attack him to make a Will save (DC 10+1st level spell + 3 for casting stat = 14) or be unable to attack him and looses their action *FAILED*

He mutters a foul curse Damn, I knew I should have taken Combat Casting instead of Extra Turning...

The other watcher makes a 20' move to be directly opposite Shad'roh from the guy with the mace and attacks with a short sword.

[roll3] (including the +2 for Flanking)
[roll4] (he does not get his Sneak Attack die, despite Flanking, because of the Concealment granted from his Child of Shadows stance)

The blade pierces, striking a telling blow even through the murky concealment of the shadows. However, because of the stance, the blade did not find a vital target, which quite possibly saved his life

The human wielding the sword and shield, much weaker from the eldrich ray which struck him, charges at Gorm

[roll5]
[roll6]

He can barely hold his blade, much less try to hurt you with it.

The Human who didn't bother with a weapon makes a hurried incant and gesture. Since he cannot hit Shad'roh without also having one of his allies also in the affected area, he casts Sleep on Gorm, centered on the square behind him so as to avoid hitting his own buddy. DC 14 (level 1 spell +3 for casting stat). If you are in Rage, you get your +2 to will save bonus.

Finally, Lank Makes foul incantations, pointing at the Human with the Greataxe and cursing him for his part in the downfall of his Tribe.

[roll7] (+2 for being in Rage)

The Barbarian shrugs off the influence of your curse

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-16, 10:11 PM
Forgot the miss chance from the rogue flanking Shad'roch

[roll0]

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-16, 10:14 PM
Malar

Focusing on the human who cast the spell (the unarmored, unweaponed one), Malar circles away from the armed people, keeping the mage in range. The moment the mage begins to cast another spell, Malar will blast him with a ray of furious fire energy, hoping to distract him mid-spellcast and ruin his spell.

move action to keep away from the melee ppl, but keep the mage in range of spellcastyness...
overchanneled energy ray (psionic power), ranged touch on mage [roll0] (if I roll a 1 (5%), psionic enervation takes place), damage [roll1] fire damage

Methates
2008-03-16, 10:30 PM
((ooc: indeed Gorm is raging, I specified that at the end of the first line in my spoiler, I think I'm gonna start doing this from now on though.))

Status: HP-4 AC-16(17 to the human with the greataxe from Gorm's dodge feat) Raging (7 rounds left)

Will Save to resist the sleep spell:

[roll0]

Gorm suddenly decides that it would be a good time to take a nap...

Chineselegolas
2008-03-17, 01:27 AM
Shad'roh

Tumble over the cleric guy (10ft travelled for stance)

[roll0] vs DC 25

Then attack the cleric using "Stone Bones" manoeuvre (Grants me DR 5/adamantine if it hits (Which it did))

[roll1]
[roll2]

HP: 3
Stance: Child of Shadows (20% miss chance), DR 5/adamantine
Manoeuvres left: Burning Blade, Mighty Throw, Shadow Blade Technique

Edit: Fluff
Cringing from slightly from the gash in his side, Shad'roh looked at the cleric and said "The light is no protection from the shadows, it only makes us grow" as he leapt straight at him, seeming to into shadow, sliding out of a shadow behind the cleric. "Your god has no power over Shad'roh" he said as he drove the blade deep into the clerics back

((Going with the cleric being Pelor. He does have extra turning, and come on, Cleric of Light getting butchered by one who is almost a shadow...))

Edit Edit: Fixing spelling. And grammar...

Chineselegolas
2008-03-17, 01:29 AM
Boo ya. Crit threat.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit:
And crit threat on the confirmation... Yep... And one damage off max...
I think I've killed one. And killed him good...
Damn that was nice rolling... Whats the bet his friend now gets me...

quiet1mi
2008-03-17, 08:40 AM
((ooc)this is for 2 consecutive rounds.)

His axe bites deep into Gorm's flesh, a mighty wound, but a survivable one.

Lank sees the spatter of blood on the ground and runs over to gorm while pulling out his ax and buckler and putting away his crossbow...(was 80ft away now i am adjacent to gorm but not to the human with the greataxe...) on my next round i will cast cure light wounds... if any enemy is adjacent i will cast defensively....

[roll0]

hp 10
ac 18
spells(lvl1) left: cure light wounds,doom, disguise self

quiet1mi
2008-03-17, 08:42 AM
[roll0] forgot to roll casting defensively

Derwood
2008-03-17, 10:12 AM
Gribbus

Fluff:

Grinning to himself, Gribbus inches closer to the humans. Notching his bow, he looks between the three nearest targets and decides to take his shot. Drawing back, he fires at the human going for his Greataxe. "Stabby stab stab....."

OOC:

Gribbus will continue to sneak forward a 10 ft. and fire at the Greataxe kid.

Hide: [roll0] (had neglected the +4 for size last time, sorry)
Move Silently: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
(again- size.... %&*)
Damage: [roll3]
Skirmish: [roll4]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-17, 10:13 AM
Boo ya. Crit threat.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit:
And crit threat on the confirmation... Yep... And one damage off max...
I think I've killed one. And killed him good...
Damn that was nice rolling... Whats the bet his friend now gets me...

Ummm... no. You rolled a 28, with a +10. By my math that makes the roll a 18. By your character sheet, you are using a Shortsword, which has a crit range of 19-20. Unless you were doing something to increase your crit range, you did not crit.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-17, 10:50 AM
Round 2, the Results

Gorm was overcome by the foul potency of the Sorcerer's Sleep Spell, and is asleep (by the way, it takes an Aid Another action to wake someone up)

Malar fires off a bolt of fire created through the power of his own mind, but only through an act of surpreme will does he avoid enervation (you rolled a 2), unused to shooting on the run, so to speak. The ray flies off wildly, not hitting anything

Shad'roh tumbles past the Cleric (avoiding AoO from both Cleric and Rogue), and puts his shortsword neatly between the fourth and fifth ribs and into the Cleric's heart (my apologies, you did roll a nat 20 on the attack roll, it was the confirm you rolled an 18). The cleric gasps out You may shade yourself from one of the Sun's rays... but you can never... *cough* blot out the sun.... The shadows continue to wrap around his form, playing oddly with his features, still making it difficult to discern his exact form. As the shortsword strikes true, he feels the earth answer his call, reinforcing his body briefly

Gribbus sneaks a bit closer and fires with his bow. The Barbarian did not see the attack comming, and since he's not 2nd level yet, doesn't have Uncanny Dodge, so you caught him Flat-Footed. The arrow sinks into his chest, but seems to have only succeeded in pissing him off. He looks up at you, no longer hidden due to your attack, with the same expression a rabid animal gives their prey.

The Barbarian charges forth to attack the puny goblin who shot him.
[roll0]
[roll1]

His axe bites deep into Gribbus, a wound which could be mortal! Gribbus falls to the ground (DM FIAT: I am not going to let him be killed off the first round, he is bleeding out but not dead YET. This is why it is unwise for sneaky people to attract the attention of big dumb things. Perhaps a Sleep spell from the Beguiler spell list might have been more effective in the future?)

The guy with the sword and shield looks over and gasps The Cleric's Down! and moves to defend his fallen comrade, swinging at Shad'roh
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Still weakned from the magic, he finds his sword unwieldy and clumsy in his grasp, unable to hit the broadside of a barn were he standing inside.

The rogue gasps as his buddy falls to the ground. He pulls a wand from his belt pouch, making a 5' step to his buddy, and mutters to himself Damn, can't make out his vitals. Okay then, I hope this works... let's see, hold it like... so...
[roll5]
[roll6]
Success! The Rogue touches his comrade (on the other side of the body from Shad'roh to prevent AoO), a white light emits from it, and the human Cleric groans, reviving somewhat, but not enough for him to regain conciousness... but he is stabilized

The Sorcerer grabs his Longspear muttering Damnit, why couldn't I have at least had a chance to rest first... oh well, here goes nothing.... He makes an incantation with his other hand, pointing at Shad'roh
DAZE DC 13 Will save or loose next action.

The human with the greataxe wound continues to bleed out...

Lank runs up to Gorm, although cannot cast his spell this round. However, at least Gribbus has attracted the attention of the two humans around him so there's no need to cast on the defensive, unless they happen to look back and see you there next round.

Chineselegolas
2008-03-17, 05:22 PM
Shad'roh
[roll0] (phew...)

(Assuming success...)
[roll1] vs DC 15
Moving round to stand next to the rogue away from the weakened fighter (Moving 10ft for stance)

Using Shadow Blade Technique to attack the rogue
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

16 doesn't strike me as being enough so I'll go with the 25. Extra 1d6 damage ignored
(In summary, manoeuvre made my to hit roll 25 and my damage 7)

Manoeuvres left: Burning Blade, Mighty Throw

((And last turn I got the 28 on my tumble. The attack rolls were 30 and 29. Which equates to 20 and 19. Shortsword is 19-20/x2))

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-17, 06:52 PM
Actually, a 16 IS enough to hit the Rogue in Studded Leather. It only provides a +3, and his Dex mod is a +3, so that makes his AC a 16, which just barely hit

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-17, 08:35 PM
Malar

"****!" He looks over at where the body of Gribbus lies, blood slowly dribbling out of it. With no healing spells, he does the next best thing. Pointing at the dastardly barbarian, he unleashes another red ray of enervating energy.

do i get a bonus for double alliteration? :)
[roll0] ranged touch on barbario, the big smelly hu-man
minus[roll1] to his strength... gawd this is fun :)

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-17, 09:53 PM
Dang, time to switch out the dice, man. That's the second 2 in a row you've rolled for to-hit...

quiet1mi
2008-03-17, 10:51 PM
seeing a grim situation lank decides to spend a full round action waking his sleeping comrade in hopes that Gram will grant him enough time to get to Gribbus and staunch his blood.

quiet1mi
2008-03-17, 10:54 PM
seeing a grim situation lank decides to spend a full round action waking his sleeping comrade in hopes that Gram will grant him enough time to get to Gribbus and staunch his blood.

if an aid another roll is needed here it is (i do not think it is) [roll0]

quiet1mi
2008-03-17, 11:05 PM
forgot to make it into an attack (forgot aid another rules(can you believe it?)) so add +3 to it (i still fail (cry))

quiet1mi
2008-03-18, 08:19 AM
seeing how futile waking grom up has become lank decides to rush over to gribbus (while trying to avoid attacks of opportunities)

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-18, 09:40 PM
Round 3:

Gorm is still asleep.

Malar fires off another crippling ray, but overcompensates on his aim, the ray shooting over the human's head.

Shad'roh closes with the Rogue and swings, seeming to have two short swords in the flickering shadows. They both hit cleanly, and the Rogue doesn't even have a chance to utter a final curse before falling over.

Gribbus continues to bleed out [roll0]

The human Barbarian looks around for where the ray came from, his eyes functioning poorly due to the darkness. He finally manages to see Malar, and charges with his Greataxe

To Hit - (1d20+6)[7]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Nat 1! Critical miss! The barbarian swung with such force that the axe literally slipped out of his hands. He'll have to pick it back up next round if he wants to use it.

The human 'tank' tries another shot at Shad'roh, however cannot properly wield his blade due to barely being able to lift it.

The human by the fire curses as his spell rolls off Shad'roh's back like water off a duck's. He reaches into a scroll case and pulls out a scroll, reading it and invoking it's power. A shimmer surrounds his body.

Lank tries to wake up Gorm, but finds that Gorm is soundly asleep. Seeing Gribbus down, and the Barbarian no longer near him, he rushes to provide healing!

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-19, 12:03 AM
Malar

"(&*% !!!!" Malar decides to pass a little of his fear, magically enhanced, on to this lurking idiot of a barbarian. (Cause Fear, DC Will 15, [roll0] rounds frightened, or, if save successful 1 round shaken)

Chineselegolas
2008-03-19, 05:57 PM
Shad'roh

Pulling his sword out of the rogues corpse Shad'roh turned to look at the weakened fighter. "Your turn" he said as he swung, flame leaping up his sword.

Activating Burning Blade (swift action)
Attacking the weakened fighter
[roll0] (Edit: Make that +10, so a 21... No charging)
[roll1]
[roll2]

Manoeuvres left: Mighty Throw

Edit: I started replying before the edit and got tired and fell asleep... So just ignore the +12 as I was originally charging and make it a normal attack

quiet1mi
2008-03-19, 07:35 PM
Lank will travel as fast as he can to reach Gribbus and cast cure light wounds upon his bleeding body.

hp 10
ac 18
spells(lvl1) left: cure light wounds,doom, disguise self

if i can reach him this turn
cure light wounds-[roll0]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-19, 07:37 PM
Shad'roh swirls his blade around fast enough that it ignites briefly, sheathed in flames as he swings it at the hapless human who is horrified. He slices clean through, the flames cauterizing the wounds, leaving behind a body that looks like a Lightsaber was used on it.

Malar makes an arcane gesture (fortunately the Barbarian is unarmed, or he'd have drawn an AoO). The Barbarian, enraged though he is, shies back in fear, not even bothering to pick up his axe.

The sorcerer sees this and curses under his breath, then starts running himself.

Lank uses his Cure Light Wounds spell on Gribbius. It helps him, and stabilizes him, but he's still not up yet.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-19, 07:42 PM
okay, let's try that will roll again
[roll0]

Chineselegolas
2008-03-20, 02:00 AM
Shad'roh

Watching the humans turn and flee, Shad'roh dropped his shortsword on the ground (free action), moved 30ft after the fleeing humans drawing longbow (move action) and fired at the fleeing sorcerer (standard action)

[roll0]
[roll1]

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-21, 07:38 AM
Still waiting for everyone else's actions...

quiet1mi
2008-03-21, 09:43 AM
lank will run back to Gorm an attempt to wake him up

aid another[roll0]

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-21, 11:10 AM
Malar

Smiling at the sight of the two fleeing humans, Malar turns to the next task : looting the dead!

quiet1mi
2008-03-21, 12:33 PM
seeing things are going better.... lank will shout (in goblin),"Will some one help me wake up Gorm?!"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-22, 10:37 AM
Shad'roh takes a shot at the running sorcerer. Even through the gloom and his magical protectives, the arrow strikes true, lodging itself in his back. The human falls over. The Barbarian continues to run.

If no one is going to chase down the Barbarian, then I guess Combat is over.

Eventually, everyone manages to wake up Gorm, who is apparently a very sound sleeper.

Now comes the important part:

The Loot

First off, XP. I don't have my DMG handy, but call it a CR 1 encounter for purposes of experience. That should be around 300 xp if my memory serves.

Now then, since you're eventually going to get around to sacking the campsite anyways, I'll just go ahead and list everything now. All equipment is considered to be Medium size, unless otherwise specified.

On the Rogue:

1 shortsword, 1 studded leather, 1 Wand of Cure Light Wounds (unknown how many charges are left still).

On the "tank"

1 longsword, 1 large (steel) shield, 1 Breastplate.

On the Cleric:

1 heavy mace. 1 studded leather. 1 silver holy symbol of Pelor. 5 doses Holy Water. 2 Scrolls of Cure Light Wounds. 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds. 1 potion of Delay Poison.

on the Sorcerer:

1 Longspear. 1 scrollcase (can hold up to 20 scrolls, pulling a scroll from a scrollcase is a Swift action rather than a Standard action, they're already organised in their own little holders, ready to be pulled.). Inside the Scrollcase is 2 Scrolls of Mage Armor, and 2 Scrolls of Alarm. He does *not* have a spell component pouch, however.

On the Ranger, who was killed the first round by Gorm:

1 Longbow. 1 Longsword. 1 Quiver of arrows (full). 1 Studded Leather. 1 MC Fletching Kit (gives a +2 equipment bonus to Craft (Weaponsmithing) checks to make arrows).

The Barbarian's Greataxe was also left behind as he fled.

There was also a Mule left tied to a stake in the ground behind the tents, who is very frightened, but cannot get away. He has a heavily loaded saddle pack.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-22, 11:06 AM
Malar

After taking stock of the loot, Malar shrugs. "Buncha this crap will sell for good money, but I don't need any of it. Whaddya say we load it all onto the mule and start tracking the running man? Chances are he'll lead us to more, or at the very least we can have the fun of killing him."

quiet1mi
2008-03-22, 12:28 PM
reaches down to grab the 2 scrolls of cure light wounds

hmmm... I would love to do something more than wake up gorm today but that fight expended a lot of our resources... I would gladly Track the human down but only if we all agree to kill him and any of his potential friends... chances are those were not the only humans that destroyed our village... this is a difficult decision... on one hand we can kill the guilty humans but on the other hand we are no good to our tribe as revenge if we die...

Methates
2008-03-22, 02:24 PM
Gorm

"Mmmm...I don't wanna wake up..." Gorm says groggily as he finally comes to. Then he looks around at all the dead bodies lying around and grins broadly.

"You brought Gorm dinner!" he yells as he rushes over and starts feasting on the meatiest looking human.

Derwood
2008-03-22, 05:42 PM
Gribbus

"I like the stabbing... but the getting stabbed back... not my favorite pastime. Lesson learned." Shaking his head and still feeling woozie, he stumbles around a bit until he notices that all of the humans are now dead. Sifting through what is left behind by the humans, Gribbus takes a hold of the Fletching kit, "hmm....", the quiver of arrows, "Useful!", and squints at the pack mule, "And what do we have here!". Heading over in the beast of burden's direction, he glances over at Grom- "I get hacked near in half, and big dumb dumb is still sleeping on the job!?"

Chineselegolas
2008-03-22, 05:51 PM
Shad'roh

Rolling his eyes as Grom ran over and started eating, Shad'roh called out "You don't know where they've been or what they have done. They are filthy humans after all" as he returned with the sorcerers corpse, throwing loot onto the pile.
Moving over and kicking out the last remnants of the fire, then looking at Malar, "I say let him run. What better way to spread fear into the hears of the humans" Pulling the potion of cure light out of the pile and tucking it into his belt he continued, "But if the majority wants to track him down, I'm all for that"

Stopping to look at the clerics unconscious form, Shad'roh thought out loud "The rogue stabilized him and no-ones killed him yet. Malar, you know any dark symbols his god hates that we could carve on his chest for a nasty surprise when he wakes or their bodies are found?"

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-22, 06:46 PM
Malar

"Well, we don't really have anything else to do... and if we capture him alive, we can have some real fun." He pauses, and smiles evilly. "Besides, there has to be some place these humans ventured from... if we find that, we get to kill even more of them.... maybe even some of the ones that don't know how to fight back." He looks at the others. "Unless someone has a better idea?"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-22, 09:52 PM
The mule is *NOT* happy, and will not sit idly by while strange things do scary things. The only reason why he hasn't bolted yet is because he's still tied down. Anyone gets too close is probably going to get attacked by it.

Of course, someone with Animal Empathy might be able to change that...

Derwood
2008-03-22, 10:19 PM
Gribbus

As the mule brays and stomps around at the length of it's teather, Gribbus stops and scratches his chin, "Anyone want to calm this down? I think it's going to try and step on me. Or run away with everything on it's back!"

quiet1mi
2008-03-23, 12:29 AM
Don't worry I got this...Lank walks toward the beast of burdan and waves his arms high up while grunting and making high pitched animal noises for a few minutes...

wild emapthy[roll0]

(ooc)how do you demonstrate wild empathy?

quiet1mi
2008-03-23, 12:31 AM
(the high pitched animal noises are followed by softer cooing sounds.)

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-23, 09:11 AM
The mule finally calms down as Lank talks to it softly. After a while, you get the impression that it thinks you have accepted it into your 'herd'. It still feels uneasy around everyone, but it will trust Lank enough to not fight if anyone wants to check what is in the big sacks and chests on the saddle pack.

Methates
2008-03-24, 06:52 PM
Gorm

Gorm happily continues munching on the human, managing to rip one of its arms off.

"You can get your own arm!" he says, punctuating it with a loud belch.

"Are we going to kill more humans or is it time to sleep?"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-25, 06:55 PM
Keep in mind, guys. I'm not going to always jump in and tell you what to do. Go ahead, Roleplay amongst yourselves, let me know what you're going to do.

To recap the situation:

It's about an hour after dark. Lank has calmed down the mule, you have an entire campsite you have yet to ransack, and you still don't know what is in the bags and chest on the mule's saddle pack. You have several people who are seriously injured. The Human Cleric is stable, but unconcious still, the Barbarian ran away in fear. All the other humans are dead.

So, what do you do now?

Derwood
2008-03-25, 08:38 PM
Gribbus

Wandering around the camp using the human's longspear as a walking stick, Gribbus starts poking around looking through the humans belongings.

Poking the unconcious cleric with the blunt end of the spear, Gribbus plops down next to him, "I think we need to tie up this human holy man and call this a night. The big man with an axe did me some bad, and I don't think he's coming back any time soon, so... why don't we tear through what they left behind and camp out. Then in the morning- we wake up the Human and get the truth out of him."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-25, 11:16 PM
Malar

"Let's stake him out and beat him a little... just for fun. In the morning we can get some information out of him."

Malar begins to prepare the stakes... Hopefully, someone has rope use, or I might just settle for breaking the cleric's knees and elbows before I tie him...

Chineselegolas
2008-03-26, 12:34 AM
Shad'roh

Reaching into his pack and pulling out some rope, Shad'roh stepped over to Malar and the cleric. "Beating is so ineffective. A few slivers of skin taken from the chest brings much more pain and loosens the tongue."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-26, 02:13 AM
Malar

"Effective, perhaps... but there is something so satisfying in clubbing a helpless human into a bloody pulp..." He leers evilly. Assuming that Shadroh has the situation in hand (tying up the cleric), Malar will roam the camp, looting valuables and stacking them in piles.

Derwood
2008-03-26, 07:30 AM
Gribbus

"You know... There are more effective ways of getting the truth out of someone than torture and pain- and I just so happen to control them all. Now don't get me wrong- I like to stab, stab as much as the next angry goblin, but.. sometimes there are more effective means..."

Methates
2008-03-26, 10:37 AM
Gorm

Gorm seems entirely uninterested in the discussion going on, until he hears something about clubbing the unconscious cleric. He walks over still chewing on the arm, then decides to whack the cleric a few times with it.

"Wake up human so I can beat you!" he says.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-26, 08:03 PM
Okay, ransacking the area, you find the following:

In the first tent
A travel alter, 2 inscense sconces, 1 candle holder in the shape of a pelor-sun, a sack containing 43 gold and assorted silver and coppers, extra sun-in-glory Pelor holy symbols, a leatherbound book of prayers with the Pelor sun emblazoned on the front, three flasks which seem to contain wine, and two flasks which contain what seems to be water.

In the next tent:

Two shortswords, one longsword, one large metal shield, two large wooden shields, a Guisarme, a much battered and well-worn copy of a book entitled 'Art of War' by Sun Tzu, A bag containing 58 gold and another containing assorted silver and copper, and under the pillow of the cot was a copy of PlayElf: Swimsuit Edition.

The next tent contains:

Various hides and scalps hanging up and scattered about, a whetstone, a jar labeled Beard Grease: Braiding Made Easy, another suit of medium studded leather which is rather soiled and smells horridly of human, three throwing axes, a Battleaxe, a beaten and abused Large Steel Shield, and a big bear rug, claws and head included, under a pallet and used as padding.

The next tent contains:

An unstrung longbow, a pouch of bowstrings, a square of Resin, A quiver full of arrows which still smell faintly of glue, an extra bottle of fletching glue, various packets of herbs and spices, with dried Holly and Mistletoe hanging over the enterance

The next one appears to be empty and neat, however opening the actual mattress reveals a small pouch containing 83 gold, no silver or copper, and a second pouch containing two gems. A spell component pouch is found, but upon inspection, instead of spell components, various infiltration tools are stored in the waterproof compartments instead. There are also two scrolls of Cure Light Wounds, a Potion labeled Cure Disease, and a length of tin which seems to be a wand of some sort.

The final tent in the semicircle contains:

a foldable desk and camp chair, with a bulls-eye lantern that is currently lit. There are multiple papers on the desk itself, written in various languages, as well as an Ink Blotter and Quill pen. Several bottles of dubious looking substances of varying liquidity from watery to ooze to goo to gelatenous are stacked up neatly in a row on a rickedy collapsable shelf. There is a large leatherbound tome with a bronze lock holding it shut and some kind of rune or glyph on the book itself, which faintly glows a neon pink. The tome itself sits on the partially made cot.

There is also a pot of stew over the fire that smells like it also has some of the pig meat in it as well as various local tubers, roots, and vegetables.

On the Mule:

Once Lank gets it calmed down, it lets you examine the contents.

The Saddle Pack itself is clearly a 'deluxe' version. It has spaces for four saddlebags on each side (total eight), and three compartments on the mule's back for chests or sacks to rest in. Each corner also has a small post sticking up with a hook and ring setup which could hold a lantern of some kind. On this pack are eight saddlebags, on top is one chest and two sacks which seem full. Four lanterns (unlit) are hung, two bulls eye in front and two regular in back, none are lit. There are also various flasks hanging from the rope which has been tied to the lantern posts.

Most of the saddlebags contain mundane necessities.

1) Contains travel rations and consumables including dried or salted cow or pig meat, cheese, unleavened flatbread, and such. Also contains 'iron rations', which in this case means oats, peanuts, dried fruits, all stuck together with honey. The saddlebag is just about half full, should last a while.

2) Contains supplies to make consumables, including a container of flour, another of dried beans, one of lard, a container of dried berries, and a cast iron skillet.

3-8) all contain clothes and such, nothing really worth much of value. Looks like each human had their own pouch for their 'necessities'.

The chest on the back of the mule contains:

Well, you recognise the chest, it's from your tribe, the one that sat under the Chief's bed and brought out only for trading with other tribes. It contains the sum and total of all monatary wealth of your clan... 102 gold, 54 silver, and 87 copper. It also contains several scrolls written by the wise woman, and her large book, which appears to remain undisturbed. You know that she guards her book with arcane as well as mundane measures. The last goblin kid who was dared to read from her book ended up as still as a statue in the middle of the clan for over a week, and she said that she would make the next one even worse.

In the middle bag are all the clan's trade goods which were of value that were not destroyed. Bone carvings, certain spices which other clans pay good value for, a couple of the tapestries which were marked for trade to another clan, and a polished amber globe with an insect imbedded in it.

In the front bag, is... not much, actually. You figure some of the stuff currently out goes in here. There is a coil of hemp rope in the bottom, though.

Ransacking the area took you two hours, it is now three hours past dusk, well into night. The moon has risen high in the air, blood red this night, a Blood Moon as your wise-woman called it, which is the harbinger of great things.

Gorm whacks at the cleric a few times, who groans, still not quite concious.

If anyone is actually going to tie up the cleric, make a Use Rope check (Default, if necessary). Otherwise, let me know what you're going to do with him.

The Barbarian hasn't returned, so he's probably not going to be back.

Chineselegolas
2008-03-27, 01:43 AM
Shad'roh

Seeing no-one else offering to tie the cleric up, Shad'roh knelt down with his rope and hog tied the cleric.
[roll0]
"He is all yours if you want Gribbus, I'm more interested in the wise woman's book." Shad'roh said walking over to it. "If she knew this was coming she may have left more instructions in it." Reaching out for it and pausing just short of grabbing it, he turned to look at Malar, then at Gribbus "Uhh, can either of you guys tell if the magic protections are still around it"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-03-28, 08:16 PM
Okay, the cleric is a bit tied up at the moment, he's still unconcious.

I'll also want to know if anyone touches or disturbs the sorcerer's book on his bed, otherwise I will assume it was left behind.

Methates
2008-03-28, 11:42 PM
Gorm

After hitting the cleric a few more times for fun, Gorm looks around and observes the others ransacking the camp. Then he yawns, lays down, and starts to take a short nap in front of the cleric.

Derwood
2008-03-30, 11:19 PM
Gribbus

Rummaging through the tents, Gribbus eventually comes to the Sorcerers with its various ews, goos, and brews. Sloshing a few of the jars around, the tomb on the cot eventually catches his attention. Looking at it dubiously, Gribbus closes his eyes and mutters under his breath while waving his hand inches over the top of the book [casting detect magic].

If the detect magic comes back clear:

With the lack of magical protections on the book, Gribbus examines the lock [search [roll0] and attempts to open the clasp.

disable device (if trapped): [roll1]
open lock: [roll2]

quiet1mi
2008-03-31, 12:07 AM
Lank

after calming down the mule, lank will find a place to sit, facing the moon, and pray to Maglubiyet.

the desired spells include
cure minor wounds x2
mending
disguise self - domain
cure light wounds
bless

Jael_Darkwood
2008-03-31, 12:30 AM
Malar

"All the money should go into a shared fund... we are too few to start a new tribe, or steal enough women.... we must now gain power and prestige, such that clans gather to us. This fund will be our start down that road." If none dispute, he will gather all the gold, gems, trade goods, etc, and put them in one of the mule's bags. Then, he'll settle down for a few hours of cautious attempts to disarm/discover traps on the wise woman's book. (spellcraft +7, knowledge : arcana +7, all the usual zero level spells, and i'll re-search the wise woman's tent for possible help).

Chineselegolas
2008-03-31, 02:06 AM
Shad'roh

Standing back up leaving the book on the floor, Shad'rod said "I have no complaints about pooling funds, the elders always did that, giving us what was needed"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-01, 06:43 PM
Gribbus

Rummaging through the tents, Gribbus eventually comes to the Sorcerers with its various ews, goos, and brews. Sloshing a few of the jars around, the tomb on the cot eventually catches his attention. Looking at it dubiously, Gribbus closes his eyes and mutters under his breath while waving his hand inches over the top of the book [casting detect magic].

If the detect magic comes back clear:

With the lack of magical protections on the book, Gribbus examines the lock [search [roll0] and attempts to open the clasp.

disable device (if trapped): [roll1]
open lock: [roll2]

Most of the ews and goos are nonmagical. Three brews register magical. The rune on the book does as well.

Malar examines the wise woman's book. There are several pages which radiate fairly strong magic. Through your studies, you strongly suspect a combination of Sepia Snake Sigils and Exploding Runes are safeguarding this tome, but that rune on the cover is far more dangerous. It seems to be spent, however, as it no longer radiates magic. The powdered Diamond used in making the symbol on the cover is generally reserved only for powerful protections. You're just grateful you don't have to deal with it.

Derwood
2008-04-03, 11:22 AM
Gribbus

Seeing the three bottles light up, Gribbus grabs them and tosses 'em in his pack. Looking at the lit up book and not thinking it a good idea to mess with without knowing what it could do, he leaves the tent. "Weak caster human left his little book behind, it's magic of some kind, but I dunno what it is. Blech."

Heading over to the stewing soup, Gribbus ladles himself out some and starts eating.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-08, 08:27 PM
So no one is going to reply to Gribbus's comments?

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-10, 08:23 PM
By the power of Plot, I fastforward time to morning. The Human doesn't wake up before then unless someone wants to heal him.

Dawn Breaks (CRASH!!) [rimshot]

No, seriously...

The sun begins to peek over the eastern peaks of the Nasty Mountains, shining it's first rays down on the goblin lands. There's a bit of fog this morning, but it seems to be burning off quickly enough, and promises to be a bright and sunny day.

Everyone is considered to get enough sleep to recover their spells for the night.

Whomever is watching the Cleric (I'm assuming there was some kind of watch rotation here) will notice him start to come around at about dawn. He begins struggling, but knows less than nothing about how to escape bonds such as were tied, and does not have the strength to break the bonds.

Now you have a concious prisoner, who is very much helpless, and completely at your mercy... which, considering you're all Evil, and he just got done murdering everyone you ever cared about, isn't a whole hell of a lot. Sucks to be him.

Gentlemen, let the torture begin! Let's play a game, whoever can make the Cleric make the most interesting noise gets 50 bonus xp.

Chineselegolas
2008-04-11, 05:12 AM
Shad'roh

Sitting near to the Cleric as he awoke, Shad'roh turned and smiled, holding his hunting knife, running his thumb along the blade. "Morning human. You took our friends and family from us, now we shall take from you. One digit, one limb, one slice of flesh at a time". Grinning evil flame lept over his blade as he ran it down the front of the clerics robs, slicing them open.

Standing and rolling the cleric over with his foot, Shad'roh crouched on the clerics back, taking the blade down to the clerics bound hands slicing the skin between the fingers. "I wish you hadn't of burnt the village down" as he finished slicing one hand and moved onto the other, "There were several much nicer tools there".

Rolling the cleric back over, and crouching putting his face near the clerics, Shad'roh smiled grimly shaking his head. "So, why did you people come visit us?" he said tapping his knife right beneath the clerics eyes, slightly cutting the skin.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-14, 07:09 PM
The cleric winces and grimaces in pain at the cuts, but does not make any noise. He glowers fiercely at Shad'roh

Your raids on the mines of our dwarven allies have become intolerable, so we reply in kind. Your species is a blight on these lands, and we will see this land cleansed for proper civilized inhabitation. Kill me if you wish, it matters not. The next group will take care of you, I am certain. And your death will be all the more painful when they realize you committed such atrocities as torture.

Chineselegolas
2008-04-14, 09:15 PM
Shad'roh

"Raids on mines, that wasn't us." Shad'roh said standing up. "And why would i want to kill you, you are much more fun like this. I was looking forward to continuing for another few hours but you obviously don't have any resolve against informing the enemy"
Walking around, Shad'roh looked to the others if they had any questions they wanted to ask.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-04-15, 01:18 AM
Malus

"Malus walks forward, and strokes the side of the man's face. A crackle of dark energy leaves the skin gray and sickly where his hand lights (using the barest non-damaging amount of charnel touch). "Such a pity... such a pity. And we were going to recommend against further attacks on the mines... you see, the reason we weren't here... we were part of the last meeting of tribes... we came back to report the decisions being made." He looks at the cleric thoughtfully. "Do you have any family or friends there? Perhaps... we could arrange to spare them if you told us where the good loot was... I mean, one living human or dwarf wont make much of a difference to us... and someone will get the good loot, might as well be us...." He smiles. "Who knows... if you can tell us a way to get it ourselves, we might still try and prevent the attack from happening... I mean... more treasure for us, thats a good reason." He pauses. "And those damn frells in the Grebchar clan won't take their cut that way..." He snarls.

bluff 1d20+8 to get him to tell us a way to get good loot in the mines
-ack forgot to make it a roll, ill do it in ooc.
my sense motive is +5, and I think he might lie.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-15, 09:35 PM
[NOTE: Off-board rolling for Cleric's Sense Motive check, as well as your Sense Motive Check and his Bluff check -if any- because there would be no way for your character to tell if it was successful or not, and it just adds a little bit of spice to the RP going on. Life is full of such uncertainties, after all]

The Cleric flinches back at the (non-damaging) charnel touch, a look of disgust on his face, mingled with fear.

My family is the entire Church of Pelor, my kin number in the thousands. I don't know anything about the mines themselves, the dwarves led us through blindfolded for just such occasions as being captured alive and tortured. You can't give away what you don't know, after all.

And I don't believe that any goblin would speak against raiding. You lot are all evil, despicable, depraved, and a danger to all of civilization. Greedy bloodthirsty bastards. I am secure in the knowledge that when I die, Pelor will shine down upon me and take me home to my final reward. No amount of mortal pain will ever change that.

[By the way, darn good RP there, Jael. I encourage players to use class abilities for these kinds of things, like you used Charnel Touch for. To the best of your knowledge, he's telling the truth as he sees it. I also normally reward attempts to obtain information like you just did. Sadly, this guy is something of a fanatic, otherwise it might have gone over much differently.]

Jael_Darkwood
2008-04-16, 09:11 PM
Malus

"Your family is the church of Pelor? Interesting. You know... we goblins are stereotyped as monsters... but have you ever tried to do well by us? No. You humans kill us off when you see us, and take our lands. Well. My tribe is my family. And now, it's dead." He looks calmly down at the cleric, but something in the stillness of his gaze, the calmness... something makes a chill run down the cleric's spine. "Our god is a god of vengeance, just as yours is a god of light. Your kind will not hide. Our kind will not stop." He pauses, grabs the cleric's chin in one hand, and yanks his face until they are eye to eye. "Prepare some space in your afterlife. I'll be sending your family to visit."

Unless someone moves to stop him, Malus will use the hand he is holding the cleric's chin with to slowly and agonizingly drain the remainder of his life (1 damage a round, charnel touch) while he calmly maintains eye contact, watching the life slowly leave his eyes.

quiet1mi
2008-04-16, 11:06 PM
Lank

As Lank watches Malus drain the cleric's life away, he will step foward and say(in goblin),"Malus, if you don't mind, I believe that killing this despicable creature is not enough and from what he said it will only bring him the pleasure in knowing that he did not provide any information to us. *grins* Besides I think that killing him is too merciful of an act... keeping him alive seems to be the greatest cruelty we can provide to him...unfortunately for him I can provide that service."

If the cleric has fallen unconscious and if Malus allows Lank to provide the cleric with a cure minor wounds to stabilize him then he will do so...

When/if the Cleric wakes back up or if Malus lets Lank have a turn in torturing the cleric...

"(in common)Cleric, did you honestly think that I would be sooo merciful as to allow you experience the sweet release of death? Lank Hissed, as he "after all, I am sure that is exactly what you wanted... Even if you know nothing I would never pass up the opportunity to torture you by carving symbols of Maglubiyet onto your living flesh... Believe me when I say that your life will become Hell and I will be the one keeping you there..."

Jael_Darkwood
2008-04-17, 07:39 AM
Malus

Malus shrugs, and spits into the cleric's eye. "Do your worst. I am finished here."

Malus walks over to the campfire to eat some cooked human.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-17, 06:54 PM
The cleric tries to stoically take the damage as he falls into negatives, managing to keep his noises down to a low groan. Lank then heals him, and proceeds to taunt him. The cleric shudders as he is revived, and tries to keep a stiff uppper lip as he hears Lank's words.

Do what you will, goblin. Torture has ever been your way.

You can tell that while he is trying to present a stoic and brave front, he is beginning to fear what is going to happen to him next.

Methates
2008-04-17, 09:44 PM
Gorm

Gorm wakes up from happy dreams involving much pillaging. Hungry, he looks around for something to eat. Then he spots the Cleric. Taking out his dagger he trots up and cuts off his foot. Plainly, simply, he cuts off the cleric's foot and starts eating it in front of the cleric.

"Nothing like fresh food..." says Gorm as he happily munches.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-18, 10:45 PM
The cleric grunts, mostly in shock at the foot having been severed, then passes out, bleeding profusely. Sadly, he wasn't concious long enough to hear Gorm's idle comment.

quiet1mi
2008-04-20, 05:17 AM
Lank

Lank lets out a small sigh toward his friends and shrugs...

Lank focuses his thoughts on channeling positive energy to staunch the clerics injury and to keep him from dying, all the while muttering something about how dead clerics are no fun to torture...

*cast cure minor wounds*

when the cleric wakes up
"I must be mistaken Cleric because I did not give you permission to start dying...but I may consider allowing you to have the honor of being a sacrifice to the great and powerful Maglubiyet one day.... if you disavowal your teachings of your pathetic God Pelor and tell us everything you know about the nearest human settlement... or I could let my friend here just take your other foot for breakfast..."Lank gives the Cleric a sadistic grin while pointing towards his missing foot

Methates
2008-04-21, 12:25 PM
Gorm

Gorm starts gnawing on the bone, having picked off the remaining meat already. Then he looks over to the human again.

"Maybe I could eat an arm? Yes, yes, that would be more filling!" he says but he remains seated for now.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-04-24, 09:22 PM
Malus

Squatting down next to the cleric, he shocks him awake (Psionic energy bolt thingy, electric, non-damaging). "What is your name, dog." He pauses. "I want to know... So when the screaming villagers ask me why I'm doing these horrible things to them... I can give your name."

When the Cleric answers, Malus kills him with his negative energy touch, calmly looking him in the eyes. As the last vestiges of life fade, Malus says calmly, "Goodbye. For now."

Malus will bury the body and mark its location. He wants to come back eventually and turn him into an undead :smallbiggrin:

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-04-26, 09:33 PM
Guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately, been working tons of overtime lately, and I'm expecting to work more for at least the rest of the month, so my responses will likely be very... spotty.

The cleric glares back at Lank, still half in shock, looking up into the sky for a long moment before answering

The nearest human settlement? That would be on the other side of the mountains. You'd have to get through the mountains to get there. he gasps a bit You'd have to check the journal that flighty sorcerer kept for details.

Malus then finishes the cleric off easily enough, and burries the body.

The 50 xp award goes to:

Lank - Most devious attempt to ruin his religion
Gorm - for the sheer horror of eating the cleric's own foot in front of him
Malus - for playing on the Cleric's horror of undead

Each of you gets 50 xp RP experience.

quiet1mi
2008-04-27, 10:35 PM
Lank

Lank stretches his arms, yawns and goes over to the campfire, dines on some human and then catches some well deserved sleep...

Chineselegolas
2008-04-28, 02:33 AM
Shad'roh

"I don't particularly fancy a trip through the mountains" Shad'roh said. "But if that is the best place to get revenge then so be it. Maybe the Sorcerers journal has more information on a better place for revenge"

Methates
2008-04-29, 07:51 AM
Gorm

"Yes yes, kill the humans! But too many humans can be hurting. Gorm doesn't want to be hurting" says Gorm, looking in the direction of the mountains.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-05-03, 09:16 AM
Don't stop RPing on *MY* account. When not in combat-mode, posts are on an as-you-like basis. No need to wait for everyone during RP mode. I'll point out when it's combat mode and people have to start taking turns again.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-05-03, 11:30 AM
Malus

"Lets get going then. The mountains aren't going to come to us." Malus looks around. "Maybe we'll run across some goblins on the way."

Chineselegolas
2008-05-04, 06:46 AM
Shad'roh

"Though how they will treat near tribeless goblins" Shad'roh muttered aloud "That is another matter entirely"

Jael_Darkwood
2008-05-04, 05:36 PM
Malus

"Good point. I say we do the stealthy thing, and travel by night." Malar looks around at the camp one last time. "Anyone have anything to do here before we move on?"
anyone object to cutting to the next scene?

Methates
2008-05-04, 07:47 PM
Gorm

Gorm picks up his axe and looks towards the mountains.

"No, Gorm is full, and the flesh is not fresh anyway. Let's find more humans to eat for later!"

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-05-06, 09:13 PM
Before we go on, how exactly are you going to be packing up? What will you be taking? Will you be going over anything that you passed over previously?

Also, I would like an 'SOP' established, Standard Operating Procedures for what happens when the party makes/breaks camp when not under duress, and what 'default' formation the party takes while traveling.

Basically, I'm wanting the party to give me their defaults, so that when something pops up, I can use those defaults rather than suddenly popping up with random questions like "Now exactly how do you set camp this night?", which generally act as warning bells for more experienced players.

This way, we can establish what is 'norm', so that no one has any 'well, my character would *OBVIOUSLY* do xyz because doing so would keep him from getting into this very bad spot I was put in without checking to see if I actually do it or not' situations. I will take these actions to be 'norm', and unless specified, will be taken every day there is no extenuating circumstances or undue haste involved.

Jael_Darkwood
2008-05-09, 09:56 AM
I personally vote that we take as much as the donkey can carry.

As to camp... I'd say it will somewhat depend, but if given the choice I believe we will choose a naturally defensible location and have regular watches... or if no such location exists then set up some sort of rudimentary warning system... like bells on string or such.

quiet1mi
2008-05-31, 01:58 AM
Lank

*uses a hammer and chisel to break the fourth wall...

"hey guys are we continuing this game, i had a lot of fun with the characters and i do not want yet another game that i am playing to fall apart with the questionings of how do we make camp... so continue with the game or Lank will have to find and sacrifice something living,breathing and bipedal to his Dark Goblin God!"

Chineselegolas
2008-06-01, 02:55 AM
Shad'roh

Nailing a tent peg into the group, Shad'roh nodded in agreement.

quiet1mi
2008-06-01, 02:57 AM
I agree with the above statement

Jael_Darkwood
2008-06-01, 05:12 PM
runs around with one arm sticking through the fourth wall, waving wildly. Woop Woop!

quiet1mi
2008-06-01, 05:23 PM
Lank

*yawns... He guys are we going to continue on or rest here for the night... if we continue on, I will only be able to help with Archery support since I require sleep to gain spells from Maglubiyet. The entire process of him lending his might to me is very taxing with out sleep... Either way I should be able to Contribute and prevent anyone from dying to those pink bellies thanks to my medical training I got while being a hunter of humans.