PDA

View Full Version : The Ring of Amarra (Artifact) (PEACH)

Kaelaroth
2008-03-14, 04:49 PM
This item was inspired by the Buffyverse. I'd like to thank Joss Whedon, without whom none of this would've been possible. :smallwink:

The Ring of Amarra
The Ring of Amarra is a holy grail, or sorts, to the vampiric world, and those who attempt to enter it. Lost for centuries, seemingly resurfacing when the time is right, this small silver ring has a mystical gem at its centre, which shifts from emerald green, to deep, blood red, once it has been put on by a wearer who can use its abilities.

The Ring of Amarra can only be utilised by a vampire, half-vampire, or vampire spawn. When put on, a variety of abilities are endowed upon the vampiric wearer. The ring-wielding vampire becomes impervious to the effects of sunlight, allowing him to freely utilise all his abilities in daylight, as he would at night, with no penalty, and no disintegration. He also becomes immune to the effects of a stake through the heart (which now heals like any normal wound), is only psychologically repulsed by garlic, and only needs to spend half the normal time resting in a coffin. Running water is still a problem, but less so, a vampire wearing The Ring of Amarra can cross running water if he passes a DC20 Will Save. If not, he cannot attempt to cross running water again for the next week.

The Ring of Amarra ceases to work every Midsummer's Day, for a whole day. During that time, it is merely a typical ring, granting no powers to its wearer. Many a vampire has been destroyed by being out in sunlight, unaware that the ring ceases to work on that day.

The Ring of Amarra is completely destroyed by pure positive energy - only the energy from the highest level of Celestia, or that of the true Positive Energy Plane - but the energy must be direct from the plane, not re-produced, or a re-directed, by some kind of spell.

This is my first homebrew. If this item is well-liked, as well as my homebrewing skills, I will attempt to make more things for this board. Thank you. :smallwink:

dman11235
2008-03-14, 05:03 PM
If it's a major artifact, why is it so easy to destroy?

Also, there's not much to PEACH on artifacts. They're really powerful. That's about it. but this one isn't. Minor artifact at best, and one of the weaker ones. And it's too easy to destroy. And since there is only one, it should be a major artifact. Add on positive energy healing (healed by positive energy) and call it good. Now you're healed when someone casts harm OR heal! Also take away the breaking thing. Think LotRs the one ring. Only way to destroy that was throwing it into the volcano. Same idea, different condition for this.

EDIT: You should just put up your ideas. I eat PEACHes for breakfast. As in, I would love to get in there and review your stuff. I personally don't homebrew that often (I've got one item, a monster, and two PrCs), but PEACHing is my thing.

Kaelaroth
2008-03-14, 05:07 PM
Hmmmm... Interesting. I'll review that. Thanks.

Goober4473
2008-03-14, 09:57 PM
What about fast healing or regeneration? Isn't it supposed to make them basically invulnerable?