PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the Slave-Master (Side Game)

cintain
2008-03-26, 06:56 PM
One - The Schoolmaster

Fenrir
2008-03-26, 08:10 PM
Alkalath

A small figure covered in a royal blue cape removes his hood to show grey hair and turquoise eyes

"My my, this does sound interesting. This does sound interesting. I didn't have high hopes for this night but I am very much willing to hear more of what you have to say Mr. Manderthok"

Alkalath turns around to see every other figure in the room and says

"Well met everyone." (while he shows a smile from the corner of his mouth and makes a small bow to each one, afterwards he whispers) "Very very interesting"

Damblynge
2008-03-26, 08:46 PM
~Crow~

"Sounds good. As long as I get the information promised to me I'm in." And with a quick glance around the room, "Although I'm not sure I fit in so well here."

The_Snark
2008-03-26, 09:15 PM
Aleathra

The woman introduced as Aleathra nods and smiles at the others as they are introduced. She is on the tall side, and thin enough that she might be called gangly. The robe she is wearing is grey, shading into a navy blue color around her right shoulder and on the back, and has an odd, unfamiliar cut to it; not local garb. As her title would indicate, she is indeed wearing a veil, which wraps about her head and clings to her face as if faintly moist. It is thin, allowing her face to be seen fairly easily; underneath, she has a tangle of thin brown hair hanging near to her shoulders. Her eyes are the most prominent feature of her face; blue-irised, and opened very wide as she looks at everything, making her look either startled or curious. Upon closer inspection, her eyes are somewhat reddened, as if she had stared into the sun for too long.

"Of course, of course," she says, waving a hand as if to shoo away the formalities. "Would I have come had I not agreed to these? Be at ease, Master Artus."

Skjaldbakka
2008-03-27, 12:54 AM
Andrati Adrian Nightingale (3042548428939)

Leaning against a wall is a human male of unassuming stature, dressed in a traditional black kimono and hakama. Below the left shoulder there is a circle with an image of a nightingale. He has short black hair and his eyes are concealed by a pair of glasses with dark purple lenses. He listens quitely as everyone is introduced. When Manderthok finishes speaking, he quitely states "I am more than capable of being discreet, as I am sure you already know. Continue."

Another_Poet
2008-03-27, 09:10 AM
Amos

As the others gave their consent, Amos fiddled with his grenades. Out of courtesy to the schoolmaster he'd left his gun at home, but just to be contrary he didn't come unarmed. To the untrained observer he might have merely brought a wide selection of potions, but the ceramic vials adorning his belt were far more volatile than even alchemist's fire. Idly, he flipped one from hand to hand as he thought.

He didn't recognise half the people here. The black belt, sure. The pirate, sure. But the marketplace avenger? You've got to be kidding me. Lixius he'd never heard of nor seen, and this oracle woman sounded only vaguely familiar.

As the others had all agreed to discretion, all eyes turned on him. He snorted, a long deep phlegmy snort not meant for polite company. Then he started in with his broken hillbilly speech.

"Farginol, Artus 'ere ain't go put a damn one in a easy way. Done 'bout a law time in at a school 'ere, done 'bout a law time with a good work. Ain't never been axed a go on errand afore. Go a damn sigh 'nuff work a do jess in a day at it, an' ah do it no 'plaints. Don't know as I'se still a young'un a'more to go a runnin' on services an a like. One bunch a whiskers won't marry a cow, won't marry a toad, go put a tall in a dangol' darry-town, eh heh! Tha'ts my ma alwez say."

He looks at the confused faces and grins. "Poin' bein', what ah got a go for if'n I on't even know? I on't give my word to nothin' withou' a knowin' where I fix it, that's what. So let's hear it a one, 'en I tell you if'n you gots me, or what all. Heh."

Damblynge
2008-03-27, 11:30 AM
~Crow~

((Whoops. Forgot description))
The booming voice comes from a very large man lounging in a chair easily twice the size of the others in the room. His long red hair is in dreadlocks and he wears a blood red chain shirt under a black cloak with what looks like webbing embroidered on it. Two 40 lb hammers rest beside his chair beside a giant 12 foot monstrosity which closely resembles a bow. Finally a many pronged short spiked whip rests on his belt.

Another_Poet
2008-03-27, 10:51 PM
Amos

"Golldarnit." Amos runs a hand through his unkempt dark beard, uneven and apparently singed in placed. "When a first day a market, an how long we gets?"

Skjaldbakka
2008-03-28, 12:15 AM
Andrati Adrian Nightingale

"Aleathra, Alkalath, and myself would seem most well suited to this particular task. Unless you have anything to add, I will begin to make inquiries into the matter. Do you happen to know what our timeframe is?"

Fenrir
2008-03-28, 12:17 AM
Alkalath

As Arthur Manderthock speaks, Alkalath smiles and sits comfortably in his chair and rests his head sideways on his fist as if he held the winning hand of a poker game. After the head master finishes his request he straightens his head and smiles widely
"Mr. Manderthok, is that one slave really worth all this trouble? And to do this quietly non the less. I do wonder whats inside this Ink'or fellow's head. But I am more intrigued by the contents of that letter you mentioned just now. Do you think I could take a look at it? After all I already agreed to forget this meeting ever took place."

Another_Poet
2008-03-28, 12:05 PM
Amos

Amos snorts, sitting back on the edge of a heavy mahogany table and continuing to flip a grenade in his hand as if it were a child's plaything. Very deliberately, and still with a drawl, he looks at the pirate and says: "Arkarubia is it, eh? I reckon we got Mister Crow ship a for us 'ere?"

Fenrir
2008-03-29, 03:04 AM
Alkalath

Alkalath sighs heavily to manderthok's response

I do have a question for you though
Do you believe that Droman found a road to Phanderia?

Timaoh
2008-03-29, 10:00 AM
Lixius

Very slowly and deliberately Lixius stows the small crystal shard orbiting her staff and then taps once on the lone crystal that was seated there. The crystal falls towards the floor and Lixius seems unconcerned as it falls. A foot above the floor the crystal begins moving in a new direction and moves lazily around the room as though it were reading books and inspecting various items it continues to move seemingly of it's own accord.

After taking a few uneven steps forward Lixius looks around the room and asks. "Where was this man Ink'or from? How is it that he happens to be a slave now? I will need more information as well about who is holding him. When you say "without bringing any attention to ourselves..." do you mean individually or as a whole? It might even be best to allow someone to take the credit or blame so that those involved do not search too deeply for answers we do not want them to find..." She lets the sentence ebb into silence and waits for a response to her questions quietly and patiently.

Fenrir
2008-03-30, 12:29 AM
Alkalath

Alkalath shows a strange smile at the reaction of Artus Maderthok and then continues

I am very sorry to inform all of you that I don't have the sort of information on Ursel that would be particularly helpful on the task at hand... I am sorry.

He waits a little, then he turns to the schoolmaster and smiles yet again

Mr. Manderthok, I believe you will provide us with the sort of information we need, or rather I hope you do. In either case I'm in, and although this whole thing frightens me, I would like to see it through.

Oh yes, and I regret not paying the proper attention but is Ink'or currently in Arkarubia or has he already arrived to Olldrok?

The_Snark
2008-03-30, 05:14 AM
Aleathra

"Where at which point?" Aleathra murmurs to herself as Alkalath finishes. "Such a narrow, winding road we must take aim at."

"We have no ship to carry us over burning sands, I fear—not yet." She smiles sympathetically up at the twelve-foot Crow as she speaks, eyes still opened wide behind the veil; the faint red tint to them gives her smile an odd look, slightly disconcerting, though the sentiment looks genuine. "Not yet. We may wait at the portal town, and steal away Ink'or there—but then he would take the cruel brands of slavery with him to freedom. We may seek them out in the sands, but that would mean more risk, and be far longer. But which, which?" She glances about with round eyes, looking at each in turn without blinking.

Fenrir
2008-03-30, 11:51 PM
Alkalath

Alkalath turns to see Aleathra and turns his head slightly to the side and then answers

Aleathra of the veil... I'm sorry to say that I have heard only rumors of you. Alkalath smiles friendlily and then continues.
I would much rather go after Ink'or in Arkarubia, that is if we still have enough time Mr. Manderthok, and something to get there.

Skjaldbakka
2008-03-31, 12:05 AM
Andrati

"Normally, in this situation, I would recommend that we rescue a large portion of the slaves, so that no one specific slave would have drawn to him. Of course, now that I have been brought into this, that will no longer work as a strategy. We shouldn't have to travel though, our quarry is in Olldrock. For now. As for questions, why don't you start by telling us where our target is being held, and how long he will be there. Also, what are the capabilities of his captor, and is there any reason that he should not have an unfortunate accident?"

The_Snark
2008-03-31, 05:49 AM
Aleathra

"But an accident draws many eyes," Aleathra murmurs quietly, once again as if to herself. She smiles at Alkalath, crossing the room to peer down at him. "Ah, the echoes of my passage are no more or less than any other's, save that I travel more than most. I have heard you, though." She pats his shoulder with another smile, then looks up, looking between Artus and Andrati as the latter asks his questions.

"And we are back to the question of that winding road again! I can feel him now, in the city. Unbent, unbroken, but bleeding; we should not leave him there longer than need be. An old name, Ink'or; he is not the first to inherit it." She seems to have shifted abruptly to muttering to herself again, looking slightly downwards for the space of a sentence before looking up again with clear, unblinking eyes.

Another_Poet
2008-03-31, 08:57 AM
Amos

Amos waited a while for the pirate to answer about his ship, but obviously the man wasn't talking. When the oracle mentions that Ink'or is already in the city, Amos shrugs.

"That sound like a good mess a queshuns for a day a raccoon fees pilin'. But ah ain't no come 'ere for a raccoon fees or a gabmoutha. Reckon these folks ain't neither. You get all them around a one table, you mus' be offerin' some kin' big ol' on-RARE-um. If they get a wallets full gol', but ol' Amos get left a nuthin but his hand in a pickle jar, how that goin' look a mornin'? All due 'spect Mishta Mannertoe, I need a know they price and mine. Only way a do business, yessir."

Damblynge
2008-03-31, 08:14 PM
~Crow~

"As Aleathra says Amos, we have no ship. But I intend to fix that," the giant says with a meaningful glance at Manderthok. "I'm still not sure as to how though."

Another_Poet
2008-03-31, 08:56 PM
Amos

Amos nods triumphantly. "I got a ol' pair boots what need a mendin'. I'll bring 'em by."

Skjaldbakka
2008-03-31, 11:22 PM
Andrati

"You are asking my time and the use of talents unique to me to pursue the goals of a friend in honor of his memory. My price is the same task that you ask of me. If you know me as well as you claim, I need say no more."

Fenrir
2008-03-31, 11:42 PM
Alkalath

Alkalath smiles every time that Artus Manderthok meets his eyes, He then turns to see Aleathra and frowns his face as if he were trying to get inside her mind, after a very short moment he smiles again

I'm intrigued as to how my name got to you, and let me say I'm honored.

He then turns to see each of the people inside the room and tells them

It seems that my knowledge on the subject will be helpful if only a little to us all, Ursel is indeed dangerous, as Mr. Manderthok said trolls and Ogres will probably face us, but what wearies me is that any who stand against him end up as slaves in distant planes, or so I've heard. But then again the same goes for most of the people in this room.

He smiles at each of the five visitors to the room. the last he faces for a moment and grins

As for the unfortunate accident Andrati, If I'm permitted to call you that, I would much rather not start a war in Olldrok, for it will probably come to pass if the Githyanki put the blame on the Slaadi. And also I agree with you, we should rescue at least a handful of slaves, but I would be very pleased if we could do it in a way that wouldn't drive the attention to Slaadi. Perhaps getting rid of the witnesses?...
I wonder? He whispers to himself and turns back to Aleathra and then to Artur Manderthok

Oh and Mr. Manderthok, I do wonder how much time do we have in our hands, and also I wonder what will happen to Ink'or and the other slaves After our task. I suppose we could free the slaves but Ink'or, what will be of him?...

He stays quiet for a moment and then shakes his hands and says with a smirk

Oh silly me, asking these questions, surely time will give the answer.

The_Snark
2008-04-01, 02:53 AM
Aleathra

"No, no, Master Artus, you have given enough for this already. I will burden you no more." Aleathra waves off any notion of payment, though she looks intently at the others, as if waiting to see what they will ask for. Amos's words elicit a slight laugh from her; she shakes her head faintly at Andrati's words, murmuring again. This time, it really is a murmur, so low it's hard to hear her words, much less make them out. "Out of friendship, or out of vengeance? Either weighs heavily."

Then she fixes the schoolmaster with her gaze. "What will become of Ink'or once free, Master Artus? What do you know of him? Born to rule, born to—what?" She stares at him expectantly.

Timaoh
2008-04-01, 10:38 AM
Lixius

Standing off from the others and inspecting some book that her small crystal has seemed to become interested in she takes the book from the shelf and begins turning pages leafing through the book. It seems she is doing this more for the sake of the small crystal then herself as her attention is divided among the other books still on the shelves as she reads the titles nearest her.

Another_Poet
2008-04-03, 09:09 AM
Amos

When Artus suggests they leave Amos throws all his weight up onto the table he was leaning against, sitting down with a thud and letting his boots clack against the wooden legs. "Now hang it on a danggarbin' minit here!" he exclaims. "Misher Mannertoe, if'n you need a go bed, we can let oursell out when we're done. You want us a keep a SEE-kert, we ain't s'pose a be seen agether, and we gonna haffa meet sumere's a plan stratajems. We already all in a one place, we should talk as we can. More meetin's is more risks."

He looks pointedly around the room, the gleam of intelligence in his eye belying his frontier gibberish voice. When he grins, fangs can be seen in the corners of his mouth. Not the thick, ripping fangs of an orc but the fine, patient fangs of a bat or a dragon. When Amos is sure he has the others' attention he continues.

"Now, I gots a 'gestion. This Ursel feller is a binessman. A evil bonesuckin' treachous binessman, but still one all a same. Like our friend a pirate here." He nods toward Crow. "So I reckon we could make two teams. A one what set up a 'pointer with him a go and 'scuss purchasin' slaves, all like we a buyers what needs 'em, and a other team go in a strike force a spring our Ink'or and get a job done. That way we gots Ursel 'stracted by 'is greed, we gots two teams on a inside, and we gots they ol' s'coority focusin' on a buyer 'stead of a pens."

He beams again as he surveys the room. "'At's what ah call a sudderfidge, yessir." And with a final glance to Nightingale, he adds: "We can even free a ones what we buy... eh HEH heh, hoo!!"

Damblynge
2008-04-03, 02:54 PM
~Crow~

"This seems like an acceptable plan. And if no one disagrees then I should probably be the one doing the buying. Seeing as I am the most likely to actually have a use for a group of slaves," the giant booms as he looks around the room.

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-04, 02:42 AM
Andrati

"If I understand your plan correctly, I believe I should be part of 'infiltration' team. As should the 'market avenger', as his reputation would spoil the ruse."

Another_Poet
2008-04-04, 08:24 AM
Amos

Amos doesn't disagree with anyone's team preference. After Andrati makes his suggestion, the alchemist grunts his assent and adds, "Ah gaw in a furgin tol' widda dang gren ol' buncha fars. An a spettol!" He looks around for a response but frowns. "Ah best go on in a slave-buyin' team, keep an eye on a raider over here."

Fenrir
2008-04-04, 01:46 PM
Alkalath

As he looks around while the conversation takes place he sets his eyes on Andrati

I agree with Andrati, I will be part of the infiltration team, after all no one would believe that I need slaves. And I encourage every one to call me Alkalath. I am not used to being called by titles.

Alkalath sighs and looks around the room and chuckles happily when he notices the flying rock.

So all that is left is for the ladies to decide their roll and team. After that we can set the date for this... oh, shall we call it a party?

Alkalath smiles widely as he waits for a response

The_Snark
2008-04-05, 02:17 AM
Aleathra

"Ah," Aleathra nods at the schoolmaster's reply. "To show the way to the next step of the task your friend left to you."

"A subterfuge, an illusion, something not real—yes, a good plan. We could perhaps buy Ink'or without bloodshed, if he were not promised to another first. I may go with either of the groups; both may use my aid, and the gith know of me. Well enough to know whether I would buy slaves?" She shrugs. "I only know what I see; what others see is their own." She leaves off without having really expressed a preference for either, though she seems to consider the matter done with on her part, and directs her stare to Lixius.

Timaoh
2008-04-05, 08:50 AM
noting the change of Aleathra's attention Lixius looks up from her books and asks. "Can i help you?" She asks with a smirk that could be directed at what she was reading or Aleathra just the same.

The_Snark
2008-04-05, 09:37 PM
Aleathra

"Yes!" Aleathra replies brightly, still looking expectantly at the reading Lixius with round eyes.

Fenrir
2008-04-06, 11:44 PM
Alkalath

Alkalath stares in the direction of the flying stone and then to it's owner

Indeed miss luxius, you can help us. You should choose a team to join, that is if you are willing to follow the plan. And I will ask both of the ladies here to do so by yourselves, only you know the extents of your abilities... Oh I have spoken too much. Please, forgive me.

Alkalath then turns back to his new comrades

Regardless of the choice the ladies make, we should start talking about a date and a time. I say the sooner the better. Perhaps even tomorrow, if everyone is ready of course, at least I know I am.

Alkalath waits quietly for a response while studying the movements of the flying stone.

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-08, 12:23 AM
Andrati

"I do not know when would be most advantageous for this operation. In terms of stealth, it would be best to operate under cover of darkness, but if we wish to arrange a meeting to purchase slaves, the time will not likely be of our choosing."

Another_Poet
2008-04-08, 08:49 AM
Amos

"Darkness can happen anytime." The words seem almost unintentional, and the voice does not match Amos' hillbilly ramblings. Nonetheless, it came out of his mouth.

As he speaks, the light in the room grows dim and washed out by shadow. The candles stay lit, but become lost in darkness. The whole room goes black for just an instant before resuming its normal well-lit condition as if nothing had happened.

Timaoh
2008-04-08, 09:12 AM
The only area of the room that does not darken is the area near Lixius. She seems not to notice the effect on the rest of the room as she busies herself reading from the tome in hand. Pausing for a moment she comments off-handedly that she could go with either group and has no oppinion on the matter going right back to her reading.

The light seems to be eminating from Lixius with a constant hum that seems oddly soothing and apparently seems to directly counter the darkness infusing the room.

Fenrir
2008-04-08, 09:22 PM
Alkalath

Amazing...
Alkalath whispers to himself when the lights dim down

Very well then, how about this: Aleathra of the veil can come with master Andrati and myself while miss Luxius can go with the buying team. If that is alright with you of course. Alkalath smiles at both of the ladies and turns back to see Amos and then Crow.

Any ideas regarding how to approach Ursel. I'm certain we could come up with a plan believable enough to avoid disturbances and bloodshed.

He stares into the window once again and then he opens his eyes wide as if he had just forgotten something very important

And we should make a plan in case the buying team is suspected and lured into a trap... How silly of me not to think of more than one outcome.

Another_Poet
2008-04-08, 09:55 PM
Cintain:
Is Amos well-known enough by face that he needs a disguise or pretext to be part of a slave-buying team, or is he just known by name? I figured he could just go in like a bodyguard or business associate of Crow's but I want to make sure that isn't unrealistic.

Amos

"I gots a plan fo' a trap an a lure. I calls it mansotter." He lightly clinks together two ceramic vials the size of plums.

Fenrir
2008-04-10, 10:21 PM
Alkalath

Alkalath turns in the direction of amos and stares at the ceramic vails

I suppose we might be forced to take that course of action, as regrettable as it is...

We still have other issues to solve...
How about the buying team heads for Ursel's headquarters for a first meeting. While we, the infiltration team stand by in neighborhood area as a precaution?

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-10, 10:35 PM
Andrati

He simply nods in agreement, and then quickly and quietly slips out the exit.

Fenrir
2008-04-11, 05:59 PM
Alkalath

Alakalath quickly turns to Andrati and call out

Andrati please wait if only for a second... We have to arrange a meeting place for the operation, Perhaps somewhere private, how about amos' house? or the dojo?

As for the date, I suggest two days from now, that should give everyone enough time to get ready

Another_Poet
2008-04-12, 12:00 PM
Amos

"T'ain't abody a go meet, mix, mess or mule in MA dome-sile!" Amos bellows, jumping to his feet. "Now you a look here, ah kill a man for ah, a blow up a house for ah, ah lead a char inna bad way widda hannal a greenorns a shootin' at ma back! Part a deal, ain't got none agains, jess do a job a bess ah can does--but ain't no pirah an raggle-tag ban hooligans wi stuck finners an probe eyes a come in mah home! Ass a SEARCH 'acility, so's mine yer own binness and back it up for ah pack it up! That a parvat REZZ-dence, Misha Avenga, you get yer own place and then we talk. DAMN FOOL!"

He crosses his arms, looks up at the ceiling, and scratches his burnt beard. "Lessen you wait till tamarra, so's I can get a place cleanded up. Heh heh, eh HOO!" He looks pointedly at Alkalath. "One 'clock work fer ya?"

Fenrir
2008-04-12, 01:57 PM
Alkalath

He smiles at amos and looks surprised

Very well amos, tomorrow, 1 o'clock. We will meet again at your house. Now I have a few affairs to deal with, and some things that need preparing, as I'm sure you all do. Goodbye

Alkalath smiles at every person in the room and then leaves through the door closest to him.

I hope I get to see everyone of you tomorrow...

Damblynge
2008-04-13, 10:53 AM
~Crow~

"How bigs your door master Amos? Or am I sitting outside?" Crow asks with a sigh. Looking around at everyone else, "Does anyone other than Alkalath have an issue with, as Amos so eloquently put it, manslaughter? Because if you have looked beside my chair you may have noticed that I don't exactly talk first. If you have issues then I suggest you go with the infiltration team."

The_Snark
2008-04-13, 12:09 PM
Aleathra

"When death enters a place, all eyes turn to greet him," Aleathra says, shaking her head. "Ursei's death? Slaves found taken, or freed? Either outcome—a search to find the culprits, or simply blaming it upon the slaad—would be, would not be..." She trails off still shaking her head. "Do not strike until you are sure they will."

Timaoh
2008-04-13, 05:12 PM
Lixius

"I am quite sure that when the time comes we will all do as we must." She says closing the book and replacing it on the shelf. Her crystal swirls away and hovers near another bookshelf considering the tomes it contains. "I'm still not sure in understand the need for such secrecy and why we must go ourselves if we are to keep things quiet would it not be best to send in others to hire others, to do our bidding for us? In that way we might keep our anonymity at first and act from the fringes directing and involving ourselves only when there is dire need. I see no reason for us to boldy stride out to confront known slavers in private or in public when we have been advised to keep this matter and our involvement secret." Turning to look towards the doorway as those anxious to leave move through the room she shakes her head and returns to the table to sit. "The surface of matters has hardly begun to have been planned and already there are some who are more anxious for violence than to resolve the cause of our gathering and plan strategically more than one outcome." Shaking her head in disgust she waits to hear others voice their opinions and concerns.

Another_Poet
2008-04-13, 11:22 PM
Amos will wait for the others to leave ahead of him, waiting with arms crossed and speaking to Lixius as they go.

"Miz Lishus, I apport yer plan. My baggern is leading from a fron, but if'n you'se gots hirelins you trust a go in, I glad a keep my nose out. A smell a porcunpine a lot like a blood-run nose, dang ol'. Yessem. Poin' bein', we can a hire summun if'n you want, but we needs a fine a funnin. I ain't gots a gold for 'im, yessem."

Another_Poet
2008-04-14, 10:27 AM
((Moved to preserve chronological integrity))

Amos' House

The cottage is at the back end of campus, a lonely place with nothing but a woods nearby. It is basically a one-story building, with a little round window under the eave belying an attic or loft of some kind over the main room.

The south side of the building has a sort of greenhouse or sun room, its big row of windows too thick with vines and plants to see through. The front door is propped open; beside the door on the outside is a wooden bench with a bucket of water, a fingernail brush and a bar of soap.

As you approach you hear a howl from inside, followed by a lot of cursing. Anyone who peeks inside the door will see Amos hurriedly drop a tray of hot scones on the table, waving one hand in pain.

He wears an apron, but the place is a mess. Apparently his idea of cleaning was pushing back the piles of trinkets, books, scrolls, vials, and garbage so that there is space to sit down. A big central table is fairly clear, with a teapot in the middle and a few mismatched teacups surrounding it.

The only room you can see is a combined kitchen/dining/gathering room. Curtains and blankets have been hung from a laundry line to block the view of the rest of the house.

"Farginol!" bellows Amos when he notices visitors at the door. "Get yo ass in 'ere afore a food get old!"

Cintain:
Cool! Did you already have the greenhouse thing planned, or did you add it in when you saw my post?

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-15, 05:37 AM
Andrati will arrive at the hut, take a look around, and then find a place to sit after taking a scone. "Much obliged for the breakfast, Amos, shall we get to work?" He seems much less formal than he did before, his posture more relaxed. He quickly finishes the scone, and then speaks up again. "So, I've been thinking over our options. It really strikes me as a bad idea to draw any attention to our target. If we just snatch him, the slavers may notice that he is missing, which would lead them to wonder what is so important about him. On the other hand, if we take a whole bunch of slaves to cover up his disappearance, it will become a major disturbance, which we also want to avoid. One thing we might try is to set up some other reason for the slavers to find that someone might want our target freed. Perhaps we could set someone up as a former acquaintance? If we had more time, I would suggest we find a legitimate one, and arrange for them to hire us to free him, but that would take too long to set up."

The_Snark
2008-04-20, 04:52 AM
Aleathra

The veiled woman arrives at the door without knocking, still garbed much as she was yesterday. It might even be the same robe. "No, no more," she says without preamble as she steps in. "Ink'or must be kept hidden, but would you shield him with weeping men and the bodies of the dead? We are enough; no more. We must hope for safety in silence." Her voice is inquisitive rather than confrontational, and she moves forward and sideways a step so that she isn't standing in the doorway.

Timaoh
2008-04-20, 06:38 PM
Lixius

Appearing on the path to the small cottage Lixius can be seen having an animated conversation with... noone at all. When she moves closer you can see her composure is not what you might usually assume it would be. Her face is flushed and she is speaking quite loudly and unabashedly even going so far as to guesture dramtically at certain points to emphasize arguments she seems to be making. Her small crystal is drifting slowly around her as she talks and seems to be the focal point of her ire.

As she walks closer to the cottage she swats at the small crystal a few times until finally catching hold of him and forcably placing him at the top of her staff and continuing the walk up the path in silence and with a scowl on her face. A few steps from the door she reaches up and pulls the hood of her cloak forward and reaches up to knock on the frame of the door with her staff.

After being let in she will find a suitable corner of the room to sit in and will lean her staff against a wall, crossing her arms she will participate in the discussions as little as possible only offering advice if things go in a direction she is uncomfortable with.

Damblynge
2008-04-20, 09:26 PM
~Crow~

Meandering up the path comes the pirate from the day before, dressed in almost the same clothing and still carrying all of his weapons. If you are looking out the window as he approaches you will notice him glance at a couple students who are unabashedly staring at this huge spectacle, turn his head back to the path and then quickly whip his head back and shout, "BOO!" Laughing he continues up the path and to the door, where he sits down and leans against the outside of the house beside the door so he might voice his opinions when necessary without cramping himself and others in the tight confines of the indoors.

Timaoh
2008-04-21, 08:58 AM
Lixius

As ~Crow~ scares the children Lixus just shakes her head. "So much for discretion and subtlety..." She half whispers to herself. Then glares at her staff as though it offered a comment of it's own.

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-21, 08:19 PM
Andrati

"Each one of has talents unique to themselves. It is our task to use them to our advantage. We could perhaps have Crow cause a distraction. I am sure there are some bars in the vicinity of the slaver's market, perhaps he could cause a brawl to spill out into the streets. Do any of you have magic that would facilitate this plan? Some spell to cause a bar brawl to become a riot?"

Damblynge
2008-04-21, 08:55 PM
~Crow~

Leaning his head into the doorway the giant drawls, "If it's a riot you want then I don't think I'll need any help. Just give me some rum and a touchy barkeep and we're golden."

Fenrir
2008-04-21, 11:18 PM
Alkalath

Alkalath is seen walking towards the cabin with his usual smile. As he comes near to the cottage the waves at crow.

Very good day to you, I'll go inside.

Once inside Alkalath says hello to everyone before pouring a couple of tea and sitting down by the table.

Very nice to see all of you here=, and very nice of you Amos for having us here. Now to the matter at hand.

Alkalath smiles and listens to the conversation

Another_Poet
2008-04-22, 08:17 AM
Amos

Amos snorts at Andrati's suggestion. "We already gitz er sudderfidge. Go in like to buys un, yessir."

At Alkalath enters, Amos merely nods. As the man pours tea, he croaks, "Et a scone, boy."

Timaoh
2008-04-22, 08:44 AM
Lixius

"I could always manage to start a fight by shredding through someone's thoughts to take control of them. However it doesn't usually last very long and has certain aspects which might be traceable if someone were to think more of the cituation and attempt to use magic or psionics to trace the link back to myself." Lixius says from her spot in the room. "It might be easier to leave a few casks of alcohol in the streets with a big sign that says 'Free' on them and make sure that they are passeed around enough that they could not be traced back to us magically."

"Perhaps our first task is to determine the capabilities and strengths of everyone here as well as their limitations, in earnest. I have heard of some of you but have no precise knowledge about your capabilities." Folding her hands in front of her she waits for the others to say their part.

Skjaldbakka
2008-04-28, 09:55 PM
"As many of you already know, I am somewhat of an accomplished martial artist, of a school of my own design, in which I instruct others at this academy. What you likely do not know is that I spent a good deal of my younger days as part of a small resistance group. I know how to get into trouble, and out of it, and how to avoid detection. I also have a pretty good notion of how to find the right people to ask the right questions."

Timaoh
2008-04-29, 08:34 AM
Lixius

"Interesting. I myself have many talents as well and while i can manipulate objects and the wills of others i can also add an offensive edge in most combat situations as well. I have no 'training' other than my own and while im sure i could teach others i have never found anyone else who was capable or determined enough to enlist as a student. It could also have alot to do with my travels..." She speaks clearly and then sits quietly waiting for another to volunteer their opinion of themself and their capabilities.

Damblynge
2008-05-04, 08:47 PM
~Crow~

"You want capabilities and strengths?" Crow says from around the doorway. "This is what I got." And with that a huge arm appears in the doorway and flexes. "Happy?"

Another_Poet
2008-05-04, 09:09 PM
Amos

"Rotten furgin' biceps won't go helpin you no more, Misher Pirate. Durn ol' mission been a coll off. I jess got a word from Misher Mannertoe. Man move in 'steer-yuss ways, 'as right."