PDA

View Full Version : Bad Need for adventure ideas

Brom
2008-03-28, 05:17 AM
have a party of three, a human fighter, a human rogue, and a human ranger. The game is a one shot and will probably be played through only for about 4-6 hours. All characters are 4th level. No magic items or magic are involved on the players part, though it can be present elsewhere. Thoughts/

Shademan
2008-03-28, 05:21 AM
war is always good. they are a commando team trapped behind enemy lines!
ARNOLD SWARCHNEGER!
ANGRY VIAT...er...HOBGOBLINS!
AND A THOUSAND ELEPHANTS!

you get my point?

Xuincherguixe
2008-03-28, 10:14 AM
A group of peace loving Goblins have been captured, presumably for sale as slaves, rescue the slaves, and they will give you the blessings of Thunder and Shadow.

Or something like that.

Jack_Simth
2008-03-28, 12:29 PM
Build a seed.

Make a list of nouns, and a list of verbs that take two nouns (the longer, the better), then roll randomly - twice on the nouns, and once on the verbs; assemble a sentence (noun verbs noun) off them, and make up a storyline that could be described by that sentence. E.g.:

Nouns:
1) King
2) Dragon
3) Lich
4) Princess
5) Prince
6) Queen
7) Kingdom
8) Village
9) Wizard
10) Cleric
11) Amulet
12) Ring

Verbs:
1) Marries
2) Attacks
3) Assasinates
4) Eats
5) Kidnaps
6) Possesses

If I then roll, say, 10, 3, 5, I get a sentence: Cleric Assasinates Prince. That's a fairly easy one to write - you've got a court intrigue or murder mystery seed. If I roll 11, 2, 12, things get a bit more interesting - perhaps dual intelligent magic items are vying for control of the king (and thus, the kingdom) and chaos ensues as the King starts giving conflicting and contradictory orders - he's acting insane, and this needs to be fixed. Problem is, the items have a very powerful curse and won't let go easily. Enter the PC's, hired by the queen to solve the problem....

Or whatever.

Coplantor
2008-03-28, 02:42 PM
You have two stealthy classes, one wilderness class, two fighting clasess... ok, this has to invlve infiltrating somewhere, probably half the adventure would be reaching a fortress in the top of a mountain but first they have to cross a forest to reach the mountain, in this part the ranger would be the star, be sure that the fighter has ranks in climb once they reach the mountain. In the fortress, stealth is important so the rogue and the ranger would be the important guys, add a combat with a construct to give protagonism to the fighter and in the forest and the mountain add some wilderness encounters based on the feat choices of the fighter. The fortress keeps important documents that the party's faction needs. there, a very simple adventure.

truemane
2008-03-28, 03:00 PM
Build a seed.

PURE AWESOME

Or whatever.

That is the most entertaining thing I've seen in years.

LICH EATS VILLAGE!

KING MARRIES KING!

PRINCESS KIDNAPS DRAGON!

I'm stil laughing.

Well done.

You win one 3rd Edition.

1dominator
2008-03-30, 07:50 PM
INFESTATION

Players are sent to investigate a mine that has been reporting some disturbances. Sent by some important fella. Upon arriving in the mine they find the complex deserted. Upon exploring the mine they find that the miners have been INFESTED by an unknown creature (*hint*headcrabs*hint*). Now they must find out if any of the miners survived, and find out excatly what the heck is going on.
-Dom

TheOOB
2008-03-30, 08:39 PM
One of your party members gets a letter from one of their family, saying that the characters younger sister has been kidnapped by a dragon in return for not razing the village this year. All physical and magical evidence indicate that the letter is genuine and written by the characters family member, but there is still one problem...you don't have a little sister.

streakster
2008-03-30, 09:20 PM
Your party is out of beer! What hilarious adventures await en route to the liquor store? Angry gnomes, you say? Oh, no!

-Make sure, no matter what, that they never make it there. They will move the earth to get there after a while.

Coplantor
2008-03-31, 01:45 PM
Your party is out of beer! What hilarious adventures await en route to the liquor store? Angry gnomes, you say? Oh, no!

-Make sure, no matter what, that they never make it there. They will move the earth to get there after a while.

This is F hilarious!!! I have to run an entire campaign based on this...