PDA

View Full Version : critiques and opinions

Templar_ZoRcH
2008-03-31, 09:49 PM
Greetings, I Just wanted to start up a thread to get some of my hombrew creations critiqued. I'm looking for any opinions, positive or negative. Any one else who needs their stuff critiqued is welcome to post it here as well. I'd figure I'd start with a series of feats I created

H1. Magic Learning Feats:

Arcane magic:

Arcane Initiate[General]
You have learned the basics of arcane spellcasting.
Prerequisites: Knowledge (Arcana) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, INT 12, Must have been taught by a wizard of 3'rd level or higher.
Benefit: Choose 3 arcane domains (See Unearthed Arcana Pg.57). You learn the 0-level spells of these domains as arcane spells and gain spell slots equal to your INT mod to prepare and cast from them. Your caster level is equal to ½ your HD (rounded down), with spell saves equal to 10+ your INT mod. + the spell's level.
Special: In addition to the prerequisites to this feat, the DM should require an expenditure of time and/or money on the character's part in order to learn magic.

Arcane Student [General]
Your knowledge of arcane magic has grown stronger
Prerequisites: Arcane Initiate, Knowledge (Arcana) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks.
Benefit: In addition to the spells granted from the Arcane Initiate feat, add the 1'st level spells from the arcane domains you selected to your spells known. You gain spell slots equal to your INT modifier to prepare and cast spells of this level granted by this feat.

Arcane Student, Second Circle [General]
Your arcane power continues to grow.
Prerequisites: Arcane Student, Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks.
Benefit: In addition to the spells granted by the Arcane Initiate and Arcane Student feats, add the 2'nd level spells from the arcane domains you selected to your spells known. You gain spell slots equal to your INT modifier to prepare and cast spells of this level granted by this feat.

Divine magic:

Acolyte [General]
Your patron deity has granted you some divine power
Prerequisites: Must have a patron deity. Knowledge (Religion) 4 ranks, Spellcraft 4 ranks, WIS 12, Must have been taught by a cleric of 3'rd level or higher of the character's patron deity.
Benefit: Choose 3 0-level Cleric spells. You learn these spells as divine spells and gain a number of spell slots equal to your WIS Modifier to prepare and cast from them. Your caster level is equal to ½ your HD (rounded down), with spell saves equal to 10+ your WIS mod. + the spell's level.
Special: in addition to the prerequisites to this feat, the DM should require an expenditure of time and/or money on the character's part in order to learn magic.

Disciple [General]
The continued favor of your deity has increased you spellcasting prowess.
Prerequisites: Acolyte, Knowledge (Religion) 6 ranks, Spellcraft 6 ranks.
Benefit: Choose 3 cleric domains granted by your deity. In addition to the spells granted by the Acolyte feat, add the 1'st level spells of the domains you selected to your list of spells known. You gain spell slots equal to your WIS modifier to prepare and cast spells of this level granted by this feat.

Disciple, Second Circle [General]
Your faith in your deity further increases you spell knowledge.
Prerequisites: Disciple, Knowledge (Religion) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks.
Benefit: In addition to the spells granted by the Acolyte and Disciple feats, add the 2'nd level spells of the cleric domains you selected to your list of spells known. You gain spell slots equal to your WIS modifier to cast and prepare spells of this level granted by this feat.

Notes:

- More circles can be added, just keep increasing required skill ranks by 2 each and add in a higher spell casting ability score requirement for higher level spells (13 for 3’rd level spells, 14 for 4’th level spells etc.)

-Uses for these feats:
1. For use in small adventuring parties in need supplemental spellcasting.

2. For characters playing monster advancement classes. (I.E. Characters who want to play a level 4 centaur with a shamanistic background)

3. To make it easier to qualify for certain prestige classes (I.E. Arcane Archer, Arcane Trickster. In the case of prestige classes that grant a +1 to level of existing spellcasting class, that benefit does not effect spells known, spells per day, or caster level granted by these feats.)