PDA

View Full Version : Droaam Campfire Chatter - Benejeseret

Benejeseret
2008-03-31, 10:35 PM
[Here is where our characters can chat, between legs of the journey, over the campfire, when resting and waiting for the action to hit. Use this forum to get to know one another IC, act out party bonding or conflict, and flush out PC personalities.]

In the early light many of the smunderlings avoid eye contact with your crew, worried their place will be at the whip or heel. It in only for Gremmar that they meet his gaze and dip a knee to the chosen of the Fury. Many utter small prays or seek blessings while flagellating themselves to raw blisters.

Duke of URL
2008-04-02, 09:20 AM
Knaath

"It'll take a full week to get there at a normal pace. Personally, I'm all in favor of pushing harder and getting there sooner. If we can get there a day faster, its one day quicker we get this operation running."

He pauses to do some calculating in his head. "We should be able to pick up another four miles a day without too much trouble. We can push 'em a little harder for the last two hours each day, and then let them rest it off when we make camp. Anyone have a problem with that?"

(( What Knaath is suggesting is normal pace for 6 hours, followed by two hours of hustle -- the first hour is essentially "free", whereas the second hour will result in 1 HP non-lethal damage and fatigue for all concerned, with a hour's rest after the march clearing that up. It'd get the group there (barring unforeseen delays) late on the 6th day, rather than at the end of the 7th. ))

serow
2008-04-02, 12:21 PM
Kaej

Kaej pauses for a while, doing his own calculations of what Knaath just suggested. "We need more food."

OOC:OK, so food doesn't heal non-lethal. But it sounds like the right thing to worry about.

Boggs
2008-04-02, 05:29 PM
Lukas

Lukas considers what Knaath has said and then Kaej's suggestion, "We have enough in our group to make a few hunting regiments in the evening while the rest set up camp. Might be hard to push them to hunt right after a march... but that's what they're here to do. Provisions shouldn't be a problem..." he thinks about the long marches ahead and potential water sources on the way, "...now, water on the other hand..."

Madmal
2008-04-02, 07:03 PM
Rekseen

"Rushing to things is not always a good idea. It usually ended with a big "BOOM!!" a pair of toasted comrades, and a week of hard work on everyone and everywhere. I remember when i had to take out half of the remains of a dragonshard sword out of my arm, just because a goblin sensed it was a good idea to force it's powers out by overflowing the magic flux. And i had to put some silvers on the burial pool..."

The hobgoblin grunts.

"what the point on burying ashes, anyway?"

Nomad5
2008-04-02, 07:20 PM
Maosh

"Walk faster will be good. You have short legs anyway." Maosh smiles as he picks up his club as a reminder, "I help move smunders faster."

After hearing Kaej, Maosh speaks up again, "For hunting, I can push while you spot. I hunt like this before. But grass is open. No animals to eat."

Duke of URL
2008-04-04, 01:53 PM
Knaath

During their watch, Knaath tries to strike up conversation with Jarrko. "So... the two of us are going to be leading this expedition. I figure it'd be best to lay our cards on the table right now. How much does House Tharashk expect to take off the top? And after that and the Ogre-Mage's share, shall we divide the rest of the spoils evenly amongst the eight of us?" He decidedly ignores any mention of the smunderlings.

Nomad5
2008-06-20, 08:16 PM
Maosh

After a days hard walking and some evening prayers, Maosh starts thinking about their encounters, which is very evident on his strained face. Around the fire he finally exclaims, and reaches into his pack. "This stick is gift from Mockery to help us. It spit oil at us from little gobo. He may be sent by Mockery, but he was weak. So he was sent to give us this trick." With a small chuckle Maosh points the stick in front of him, not trying to activate the item, but simply imitating the goblin. "We should use this trick to help us. But first I give thanks to Mockery tonight." Maosh reaches into his bag again an pulls out pieces of the goblin that were eaten earlier in the day. He holds them high, mumbles a prayer, and throws the mostly eaten bones onto the fire. "If him die not good enough today, then this better."

After the crackles from the fire die he looks around the group again and holds up the wand. "Which of us has Mockery sent to use this?"