PDA

View Full Version : 4.0 Ecounter Power Question

Hario
2008-04-01, 07:54 PM
In this: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~amwhit/PHB_4E_Lite_v1_2.pdf the cleric has an encounter ability called fear. (I'd love to quote it but my adobe acrobat isn't working right now) Where if the creature fails its will save will run its max speed +2 away from the cleric. Running in 4.0 gives all opponents combat advantage till the next round if they use their move action to move 2 extra spaces from their max. The Power heavily implies the creature RUNS. I would submit this question to customer service but obviously this isn't the final version of 4.0 and possibly get into a few legal problems (since no consumer has bought 4.0 yet), or even have an outright deny by CS . If they don't Run I guess the spell could be used to give allies extra run movement.

Starbuck_II
2008-04-01, 08:03 PM
In this: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~amwhit/PHB_4E_Lite_v1_2.pdf the cleric has an encounter ability called fear. (I'd love to quote it but my adobe acrobat isn't working right now) Where if the creature fails its will save will run its max speed +2 away from the cleric. Running in 4.0 gives all opponents combat advantage till the next round if they use their move action to move 2 extra spaces from their max. The Power heavily implies the creature RUNS. I would submit this question to customer service but obviously this isn't the final version of 4.0 and possibly get into a few legal problems (since no consumer has bought 4.0 yet), or even have an outright deny by CS . If they don't Run I guess the spell could be used to give allies extra run movement.

Actually, the Pregen character's Fear save:
Move their speed + 2 squares. No run mentioned. The movement provokes attack of opportunity.

No running.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-01, 08:18 PM
Actually, the Pregen character's Fear save:
Move their speed + 2 squares. No run mentioned. The movement provokes attack of opportunity.

No running.

So they flee in abject terror at something less than their maiximum speed?

Nebo_
2008-04-01, 08:40 PM
So they flee in abject terror at something less than their maiximum speed?

Running in 4e is a move action that lets you move your speed +2. It looks like it takes you the same distance as running, but without the combat advantage.

Hario
2008-04-01, 09:00 PM
In any case it could be used to make your ally get somewhere if you wanna boost them in front of you. Also with 50 feet range can be done from quite far.