PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

lawful_evil
2008-04-05, 05:41 PM
The ship continues to stream through hyperspace. Nate heads down to engineering and gets to work fixing himself up. Trill takes an afternoon nap and tries to think about some nice group meals to break the tedium of such a long jump.

Santanya
2008-04-08, 10:22 AM
Daine

As the ship slips into hyperspace, Daine relaxes slightly. As Kera makes her way to their quarters, he smiles slightly, then follows, giving Trill and Corran a nod before disappearing behind the closed door.

A relatively short time later, he exits the quarters, grinning slightly as he moves. "I'll be down in the cargo bay if anyone needs me," he says as he drops down the ladder downward and makes his way into the cargo bay, leaving the door open. He looks over the piles of salvage and grins slightly to himself and starts going over it all to see what's there briefly before turning his attention to the repeating blaster, looking to see how he could attach it to the Mule and integrated into the other weapon systems.

Repair: 1D20+16 = [16]+16 = 32 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4824)
Craft(Starship Weapons): 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4824)

Graybacca
2008-04-08, 06:12 PM
Corran spends most of his time along with his droids help putting one of the speeders back together, the rest of the time he works of building himself a set of armor starting with the helmet, with whatever scrap metal he can find not associated with the speeders.

Repair [roll0]
Repair [roll1]

Search for scrap metal [roll2]

Craft ( Armor) [roll3]
Craft ( Armor) [roll4]

:smallfurious: Well that fracking sucks forget making armour unless i can take 10 on the those Craft checks

lawful_evil
2008-04-08, 08:33 PM
Corran finds that there isn't much scrap on the ship, but the outer covering from the old medical droid and some pieces of hull plating the broken speeder which might have armor potential.

Assuming from the description you are going for Blast Helmet and Vest, 500 credits.

So, you scrounge 166 credits worth of pieces parts. This will be the rest of the droid parts and 2 sections of hull plating.
Checks
6 * 5 = 30 credits
6 * 5 = 30 credits (total of 60).

Two days done, one more to go. You can take a 10 or you can roll. Taking a 10 will get you 75 more credits worth done, so by the time you get where you are going, you'll have 135 credits out of 500 completed. Plenty more to go.

Daine finds that the repeating blaster is just a standard handheld blaster that someone mounted on a pole to steady it. He shouldn't have much trouble wiring it into the ship, but it would just point straight forward without the capability to aim it unless Daine also builds in some kind of rotating mount and controls for that and camera feeds back into the bridge so you can see where its pointed. Daine can confirm the wiring between the bridge and weapon pods while in hyperspace, but he'll have to go outside to get the thing wired in/mounted/etc.

{{Anything else or should we arrive? - Corran can just heal Kera up, if he chooses, so that she can work on other things.}}

lawful_evil
2008-04-10, 05:14 PM
The hyperspace journey passes fairly quickly. At least the water restriction prevent Trill from preparing much in the way of soups, so the meals are a bit more hearty then normal.

In order to get the speeder fully put back together, the spare parts from the damaged speeder had to be moved out of the cargo bay. Having several spare rooms made it easy. Kaff spent several hours hauling parts from the cargo bay into the spare rooms, once Daine identified which parts were spare.

Kera is able to rest and recover some of her damage during the journey while Corran works on converting speeder parts into some sort of armor and helmet. The progress is slow, but progress is made.

Once the speeder is reassembled, Daine spends the better part of a day working on mounts and computer controls for the repeating blaster as well as replacing its power pack energy source with a direct feed from the ship's power. Things are coming along, but there is probably another full days worth of work on the outside of the ship in order to get it operational.

The bridge alarms begin to go off which signify that the ship is about to drop out of hyperspace.

dauphinous
2008-04-10, 06:36 PM
Kera

For once, Kera did what she was told. Probably mostly because she was the one who told herself to do it. She stayed in bed most of the time, only getting up and shuffling out to use the bathroom. It was an incredibly irritating two days, but only Daine had to put up with her, and then only while he wasn't working.

"I cannot stay in that bed any longer." These were the first words she'd spoken outside the cabin since she went in just after the jump into hyperspace. She takes the stairs up to the bridge two at a time, and sits down in her seat. She'd be damned if all that lying about was going to be followed up by watching Corran fly her ship. In her seat.

She slides into the chair, adjusting it for no reason other than she last saw Corran sitting in it and checks the range of motion with her arm. A little stiff, but generally fine. After Daine hacked off the Quickcrete a few hours ago and they replaced it with a splint, her ability to use it increased a lot, and the pain was basically gone. Just a twinge if she turned it in a few particular ways. Some of which were involved in some of her favorite flying maneuvers. At least she could use it now.

She hits the ship's PA. "Gentlemen, we will be leaving hyperspace shortly. I recommend securing sharp objects and blowtorches."

Santanya
2008-04-10, 07:23 PM
Daine

Daine splits his time between working the repeater and taking care of Kera, spending probably more time than needed making sure she was alright, but it kept her happy and content enough not to try to go fly the ship off course. He does a few rounds through the course of the day, making sure that the ship is still running fine the best he can as well to fill up the rest of the time.

Daine stand in the cargo bay, tapping on his datapad and watching the carriage of the repeating blaster pivot back and forth, a grin happily on his face. He raises a brow as the alarm goes off. He quickly stows his datapad away and heads up through the innards of the ship towards the bridge. He drops into the chair directly behind Kera at the shield console and runs through a preliminary check. "So, feeling better after the rest?" he asks with a slight grin.

dauphinous
2008-04-10, 08:34 PM
Kera

"Yeah, that headache is gone now." Kera shifts a little, finding the adjustment she made to the seat to be not quite right. She adjusts it back to where it was. Because, of course, that's where she had it before anyway. "Arm is still a little funny, but lazing around like a lump isn't going to change that." There is a pause as she slips her arms into the sleeves of her flight suit and zips it up to her chest so it mostly covers the white tank top underneath. "It's probably ready for some exercise or something."

Graybacca
2008-04-11, 10:07 PM
Corran take another try at healing Kera Before returing to building his new helmet, when the alarm sounds he put his things down and heads to the bridge where he sees Kera already at the controls, he shrugs and takes the next available seat, Corran then says, I see that your arm is feeling some what better, i guess this means i'll soon be looking for a new job.

Heal Another [roll0]
Craft ( Armor) [roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-04-12, 06:59 AM
The ship drops out of hyperspace into the Utapau system, or at least what every assumes is Utapau having never been there before.

Looking at the planet from orbit doesn't lead you to believe that you'll be able to recharge your water supply. The system is dominated by a large yellow/orange sun. From orbit, the planet appears as a large brown sphere, although several mountain ranges are visible, there isn't really any cloud cover and no visible oceans or large bodies of water.

{{ Daine took a 10 on long term care type check for the journey. Beyond that I didn't know if Corran was going to use his force powers to try and speed up the healing. I guess not.

Armor now at 180 credits out of 500. }}

dauphinous
2008-04-12, 08:43 AM
Kera

Kera nods in response to the first question. Then she shrugs a little, wondering why he'd brought the second issue up. "If that's what you want." Was he trying to get tossed off the ship? She checks for a place to actually land, then starts making the approach, flying a little sloppy on purpose. Flying smooth and steady is bo-ring. Besides, she wants to check her arm out a little. Never hurts to know just what you're capable of in case you need to evacuate unexpectedly.

Graybacca
2008-04-12, 11:23 AM
It's not so much what i want, but what you want, i can tell you don't like me and don't want me flying your ship, so it only a mater of time, before my time with you will come to an end, besides you already have a very good engineer, you have your security chief, and a cook, so whats left for me, cargo handler? we both know i would not be happy, We're Star pilots it kills us to watch others fly or to be dirt side to long when all we dream about is flying among the stars.

Santanya
2008-04-12, 01:08 PM
Daine

Daine raises an eyebrow. "You know, if you're trying to stay aboard, you're not making a very good case for yourself. Shouldn't you be attempting to, you know, play up your strengths instead of trying to convince others that your skills are unneeded?" He shrugs slightly, as he looks across the sensor console. "If you're looking for a full time pilot gig, you most likely won't find one aboard a ship that has one already though."

dauphinous
2008-04-12, 01:47 PM
Kera

She's flying now, which gets her full attention - mostly because she enjoys doing it - but she snorts at Corran. "'Don't like you'? I don't know you well enough to like or not like you. What I don't like is someone else's butt in my seat, especially when it's because I can't be the one sitting in it. Doesn't matter whose butt it is. Daine sits in my seat and I'll kick his ass.

Anyway, if all you want to do is fly the ship, then no, there's not a place for you here. Because that's my job."

Graybacca
2008-04-12, 04:46 PM
Oh don't get me wrong i'll stay and do what ever needs to be done when needed. but i know that at some point i'll have to go. well that's enough of that, So do you think they have an good Cantina down there. You know, i know of this great little Cantina on Mon Cal, we should visit if we ever get out that way.

dauphinous
2008-04-12, 06:17 PM
Kera

Stopping in her arm-testing maneuvers, Kera looks at Corran with an uplifted eyebrow for a couple of seconds, then goes back to flying. "Whatever. There will not be a repeat of what happened on Bespin. I don't know if those guys targeted us for a specific reason, but it is really not happening again. Suggestions for making this plan a reality." She says the last as a request, inviting comment on the issue.

lawful_evil
2008-04-13, 07:22 AM
Scanning the surface, they find lots of technology. It seems to be very clustered around sinkholes, or rather, in sinkholes. The towns seem built into the walls of the sinkholes where they have access to at least a minimal water supply.

Not really knowing where to land, Kera selects a fairly large sinkhole, about 400 meters in diameter, and heads for it. As she approaches Daine detects the landing beacon and automated landing instructions for visitors.

Once Kera drops the ship down into the sinkhole is it obvious that several thousand inhabitants live in the walls of this sinkhole. A couple dozen cloud cars are parked on private platforms scattered along the walls. Towards the bottom, there are 6 large landing platforms for starships. Three of the platforms already have starships parked. On those platforms numerous droids can be seen hustling around connecting hoses and such as well as loading and unloading cargo.

Graybacca
2008-04-16, 09:58 PM
Corran just watch as they fly along, Finally he comments, You know during the war this place was was one of the last strong holds of the Confederacy. Maybe we could find a leftover relic from the war so i could maybe fly as your cover against any threats to us.

Knowledge Confederacy [roll0]
Knowledge Starship [roll1]

dauphinous
2008-04-17, 06:07 AM
Kera

As she starts putting the ship down, Kera just gets a somewhat confused, or maybe incredulous, look. "Uh-huh. I doubt that would help us with security on the ground. Seems more like it would increase the magnitude of the problem rather than decrease it. I suppose that my best suggestion here is bodies. There should be one person whose whole job is to stand there with a gun, looking threatening and paying attention, whenever the hatch is open, yeah? And we shut the hatch anytime it doesn't need to be shut. Seems to me like just doing that would have prevented what happened."

lawful_evil
2008-04-17, 01:49 PM
Kaff, as the stated Security Chief, steps up, "Captain, as chief of security, I'll take care of making sure we have a guard posted whenever the hatch is open." Standing tall, Kaff also adds, "I would also suggest that the crew not walk around alone. Always go in pairs... or triplets... and armed."

Trill comes up and inquires, "Will we restock our food and water supplies here? This didn't seem like a very prosperous planet from the sky. I expect prices are fairly high."

Kaff looks at Corran and says, "Maybe we should either buy you a helmet or some other sort of diguise to hide that mug of yours." Don't want anymore bounty hunters following us, not even the imcompetent ones. Maybe we can use that dye on him, that I used on my armor to change his skin color... permenantly.

Graybacca
2008-04-17, 05:39 PM
Yeah the helmet would help some what, but a new identity would be better but that cost more credits then a helmet would. If we could find a decant Armour smith on this planet I'd like to get some thing close to what I'm conferable with wearing already.

lawful_evil
2008-04-17, 05:56 PM
Kaff leans in to Corran and says, "Don't press your luck. Its one thing to borrow a few credits.. Which you can always work off. Its another to commission some custom work of art and expect the Captain to just pay for it. Besides, you look like you made some decent progress on that suit you were making during the jump."

Kaff straightens up and turns back to the captain and asks, "With Vicks gone and now Evayn gone.. who is going to negotiate the sale of those giant salt cubes." If we painted them blue and red, we could sell them a novelty chance cubes...

dauphinous
2008-04-17, 06:44 PM
Kera

"Daine is." Kera starts shutting the ship down once it's on the ground. "We'll get food and water here unless you feel like it's a lot more expensive than usual, in which case we'll skimp on the food, but not the water. We need to get fuel, too, and I don't want to leave the planet without something that will turn us at least a small profit. We also have one speeder to sell."

Santanya
2008-04-17, 08:43 PM
Daine

Daine nods as he unstraps and stands. "Dry planets need salt too," he says shrugging slightly. "Sweat leeches it out of ya." He shrugs slightly as he starts down below. "All depends on what they really need versus what they want," he shouts up over his shoulder as he descends, turning quickly into his and Kerra's quarters for a moment. He exits a moment later with his blaster on his hip and a light vest over his chest. "I'll take a moment to look over the hull, make sure nothings out of place after the last planet, then we can go see where we might offload the salt."

Graybacca
2008-04-18, 10:45 AM
OK OK all i was saying is that we need some thing that's covers my face but is conferable and i can see out with out much restrictions to my sight is all Says Corran

Do you need any help checking the hull. Asks Corran

Santanya
2008-04-18, 10:53 AM
Daine

Daine looks at Corran for a moment, mentally parsing the man's speech, then shrugs. "Feel free," he says. "Just checking for any damage that needs attention before we lift off again," he says. "Once we have a little more room in the cargo hold, I'll see about mounting that gun where it'll be more useful than sitting in there as well," he says with a grin.

Repair for a quick diagnosis of the Hull: 1D20+16 = [14]+16 = 30 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4956)

dauphinous
2008-04-18, 11:10 AM
Kera

Kera follows Daine out, stopping for the ship's datapad and her own blaster pistol. "Okay, so Daine is going to negotiate, Trill knows what we need, I've got the money...we might as well all just assault the place en masse. Keep in mind that we're looking for a job, too. Cargo, passengers, something to take us from here to someplace else. Corran, you can act like a goo- uh, security, right? Just use that helmet you had before. No one in their right mind would harass a man bold enough to wear a wood helmet."

Graybacca
2008-04-18, 11:12 AM
Yes Ma'am, Corran follows Daine outside and starts to also check the Hull out, but first on his way out he picks up his old helmet from his bag and puts it on once outside.

Repair [roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-04-18, 05:19 PM
Daine followed by Corran step out onto the platform. They are greeted by 4 small humanoids, each less than a meter tall, almost like dogs which walk upright, but with rounder snouts. The jabber and chirp a greeting. One activates a console which rises up out of the decking.

The console is pretty standard and allows the captain to pay for the docking as well as other standard services(fuel, water, sanitation, etc).

Daine inspects the hull and finds no damage, just some blaster burns on the nice new paint job, but nothing that penetrated the armor. Corran notices the landing gear has got a lot of salt and such stuck in all the parts. If you don't wash it out of there, or at least blow it out with a high pressure hose, it'll cause problems eventually.

dauphinous
2008-04-18, 06:36 PM
Kera

Kera steps up and pays the docking fees and for water and such. "Okay, so I'm feeling like trying to sell is higher priority than trying to buy. I don't know anything about this planet, but I kinda know how people think. Generally."

Kera has ranks in Know(streetwise), which I am hopeful translate into having an idea of how to find someone to buy the speeder and the salts.
Know(streetwise):26 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4964)

Graybacca
2008-04-19, 08:00 PM
Coming back around the ship back toward Kera he reports, well captain we have salt and grime stuck in the landing gear that we need to ether blow out with some compressed air or some pressurized water.

lawful_evil
2008-04-22, 01:15 PM
Kaff, Trill, and Nate stay at the ship and monitor the refueling and replenishment of the water supply.

Kera, Corran, and Daine head into the city. Soon enough they are accosted by groups of youths. Some beg for credits. Some beg for food. Others just seem awed by the newcomers and reach out to touch their clothes or blaster or arm. The children are mostly Human with several Ryn and Omwati mixed in.

The city's demographics seem to mirror this with the exception, that a large number of S'kytri adults are in the city. Of course, near the space ports and market places the number of species and the diversity of clothing and languages increases dramatically.

Near the spaceport exit are some other children holding signs advertising various merchants and services that are available. The official placards mounted on the walls direct the team to the marketplace level.

dauphinous
2008-04-23, 11:35 AM
Kera

"Back off," is all Kera says to beggars, pimps, punks, and anyone else who wants to invade her personal space without an invitation. The first order is to get rid of the salts, so it seems like it's time to start asking around once they get to an area with merchants of one kind or another.

{Should we do Gather Info?}

Santanya
2008-04-23, 11:44 AM
Daine

Daine frowns slightly, pushing his way past the throng of people. His hand drops to his blaster, not to draw it, but only to wrap around the back end of it to make sure it stays in its holster. "More populated than I was expecting," he comments quietly to the others as they move through.

Well, if we need gather info for it: 1D20+1 = [12]+1 = 13 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=4991)

Graybacca
2008-04-23, 06:09 PM
Like Daine, Corran hand automatically drops to his blaster in response to the Vagabonds and beggars, to them all he say is Back Off we've got nothing for you..

Gather Information [roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-04-23, 06:23 PM
The youths back away and then rush over into a huddle to share what they've stolen(if anything from the team).

Corran, Kera, and Daine make their rounds through the merchants. Most won't deal with salt. They do locate two merchants who might purchase the salt. The first is human teenager with a heavily tattooed face and animal hide clothing. The second is an old Duros woman. Both want to know what kind of salt it is. The suggest a standard molecular scan for the chemical composition would be sufficient.

dauphinous
2008-04-23, 07:08 PM
Kera

Kera pulls out her comlink to call Kaff: "We apparently need a molecular scan of our salt. Get Nate started on that. Who knows how long it'll take."

At this point, she shifts focus to find someone to sell the speeder to.

lawful_evil
2008-04-23, 08:01 PM
Kaff picks up right away and responds, "Aiy Captain. I'll get the little fella right on that. I'll send you the results once he's got them. Any luck with the speeders?"

dauphinous
2008-04-24, 06:15 AM
Kera

To Kaff: "No, not yet. I'll let you know when we're on our way back to pick it up."

She looks at Daine and only half-rhetorically asks, "If you were the type of person who would buy a speeder that essentially qualifies as stolen, where would you hang out?" She looks around and starts walking in a likely direction.

lawful_evil
2008-04-25, 06:18 AM
Kera, Daine, and Corran wander the hallways of this city and eventually locate the seedier sections. They also come to a realization that, because the city is built into the cliffs surrounding a water hole, there aren't many speeders at all within the city. Those few they've seen have been the small scooter/speeder bike type.

However, up on the surface, speeders or aircars would obviously been needed to cover the vast distances between watering holes. So, they look for the seediest section of the city they can find near the surface.

Heading to the seedy section of town, they pass the a small republic guard station located right on the edge of the zone. The storefront is heavily armored and four stormtroopers linger outside.

Once in the zone, everything changes. Numerous illegal activities happen right out in front of you, or barely concealed in the narrow alleys. Eventually, they locate a Trandoshan calling himself Raul, who is rumored to be a kind of 'used' speeder dealer. The man seems to view himself as a minor crime lord, as he has a pair Trandoshan body guards with blaster rifles. The man himself seems to be a beefy Trandoshan and he wears a what appears to be a vibrosword. When the team enters his 'shop', he stands and approaches them snarling and hissing a greeting.

Santanya
2008-04-25, 10:59 AM
Daine

Daine smiles to the Trandoshan as they enter and he approaches. "Greetings," he says with a smile. "We had a speeder we were looking to sell, without many questions if at all possible," he begins, his smile staying as he looks straight into the man's eye. "I was wondering if we have the right place to bring it."

Go go gadget illicit barter!
Diplomacy + Illicit Barter = 1d20+6 = [9]+6 = 15 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5004)

lawful_evil
2008-04-25, 04:33 PM
Raul smiles a large grin filled with wickedly sharp teeth. The Trandoshan says, "Gee, I don't know what you are talking about." With a wink, he walks up and smacks Daine on the shoulder with a clawed hand and says, "Lets step inside and have a nice glass of milk."

The Trandoshan leads Daine away from the prying eyes of the street, and the Imperial listening devices, and into the back of the shop where Raul and Daine enter the world of illicit barter negotiations. In the end, based on Daine's technical description of the vehicle, Raul and Daine settle on 600 credits.

Raul says, "If your captain finds the terms acceptable, you may deliver the vehicle to these coordinates. It is an Utapau Beet Root farm. They will pay you on delivery."

While Daine is negotiating with Raul, Nate sends the scan results via commlink to Kera, Corran, and Daine.

Rough Salt Composition :

60.2% NaCl
12.2% KCl
9.8% NH4Cl
5.7% KF
4.7% NaF
3.6% KI
3.2% FeS2
0.4% NaNO3
0.2% MgSO4

Graybacca
2008-04-29, 10:59 AM
After hearing the the offer for the speeder Corran asks for a moment of the Trandoshan to see if he could get them a better price on the speeder, surely you could do a better then that say 1,500 cr.

Affect Mind (Suggestion) 4 vp [roll0]
Will saving Throw DC 10

lawful_evil
2008-04-29, 08:21 PM
Raul grins at Corran and then gets dumbfounded look on his face and says to Daine, "Uh, yeah right, 1500 credits is more fair... if that is okay with you?"

The body guards tense up. They know something is wrong but aren't quite sure what and have a feeling things might get violent soon.

Santanya
2008-04-30, 01:57 PM
Daine

Daine perks an eyebrow as he looks to the man. "As... you wish," he says. "1500 credits it is. We'll bring it by." He glances towards Kera, a slightly curious look on his face and then shrugs slightly. Whatever the businessman wanted if that was the case.

dauphinous
2008-04-30, 02:17 PM
Kera

Stick your hand in the tool chest without looking, and you might just lose your hand.
-Captain Shanze

Kera gives a light frown. Sure, the guy is a criminal, and probably never pays close to what stuff is worth, but this just kind of sits poorly with her. Captain Shanze had been snookered by force users a time or two, and had learned from the experiences. Mostly what he'd learned is that whenever it happened, he ended up accepting a passenger whose fare didn't cover his expenses.

She nods, though. "Pleasure doing business with you." Offering her hand to shake, she does her best to meet his gaze and not let her misgivings show in her eyes. Then she turns and leaves, headed back to the nearest salt seller to get a price based on the composition Kaff sent.

LarsWester
2008-04-30, 04:08 PM
Flick
Elsewhere on the planet...
A man of unimpressive height and impressive girth makes his way through the marketplace. He has an earnest look on his soft face. He darts as quickly as a man his size can inside a supply shop. He does a quick glance around the shop to gauge how many customers there are currently in the store. Knowing this to be a fair estimate of how well the merchant was doing and inversely how desperate he would be to deal. He quickly takes in a number of other minor factors only of interested to the trained trader (such as how clean the place is, how many other employees are present if any, how big the display cases are, the arrangement and order of goods).
[roll0]
Greetings shopkeeper. I might have some wares you'd be interested in purchasing. I have the very rare, very tasty Klomidean Slime Worms. Considered a delicacy by over 8,000 lifeforms. I have only a few kilograms available still. Interested in buying the rest of the supply in the system?
[roll1]

lawful_evil
2008-05-01, 07:56 PM
KCD

Taking the delivery coordinates, Kera leads the team out of this district and back into safer territory. Weaving their way back around the city to the far side and down several levels, they arrive back at the merchants who were interested in the salts.

The old Duros woman accepts the scan data and says, "Unrefined salt cubes. There is some useful mineral content there, but it will be difficult to extract."

{{ Who wishes to negotiate a price? }}

Flick

The young merchant looks over the worms and inquires, "What have you been feeding them? They do not look healthy. In any case, I don't have the desire to deal with such things." He back away slightly and then offers some free advice, "Try one of the S'kytri restaurants. Birds like worms."

Santanya
2008-05-06, 09:36 AM
Daine

Daine smiles to the woman. "True, in addition to the basic salts that can be rather valuable in their own right in an arid environment," he says.

Diplomacy for selling: 1D20+1 = [9]+1 = 10 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5093)

Well, it could have been much worse...

lawful_evil
2008-05-06, 08:33 PM
The old woman says, "I should be able to handle some of them, but I don't want to fill my warehouse with these things." Eventually, having spent time negotiating she and Daine work out a price of 40 credits per cube for 20 of the 50 cubes.

LarsWester
2008-05-07, 10:51 PM
Feeling dejected Flick decides to try one more shop before giving up on unloading his wares and concentrating on finding a way off this planet. As Flick enters the store he notices a party of three bartering with the merchant. I'll wait my turn
He couldn't help but steal glances around the store taking in all the visual clues that might help him sell his exotic food. Flick was lost in his thoughts.
Yeah exotic food what a great choice, these aren't hard to sell at all.
Flick overheard them settling their negotiations. The merchant agreed to pay 40 credits for each cubic meter of salt. Did he just say for 20 of 50. That leaves 30 more cubic meters of salt. Anyone with that much salt must have a starship. Maybe they can get me off this crazy planet. Sebat would shove his own mother down the stairs for the much salt. He wouldn't snub my worms either. Now if I can only convince them to take me along.
Greetings. If you can't find anywhere to take the rest of that salt I know just the place. Flick said as he produced his worms and other exotic food.
Now good merchant do you know what tastes even more exquiste with just a dash of salt?
The Revised Core Rule lists basic food as 10 credits/kg What would be the base price for the salt? So I know about what they should get for a 1m cube.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

dauphinous
2008-05-10, 07:30 AM
Kera

"Advice from strangers is like unlabeled soup. Might be good, might be bad, but you can't really tell until you try it, and then it's too late."
-Captain Shanze

Negotiating is boring. Kera stands there, attention wavering as Daine and the woman discuss the merits of salt, something that is also boring. When someone walks over, she notices, and looks him over. She nods vaguely in his direction as they wrap up the discussion, and processes that some of the salts were sold, and they have to find a way to get rid of the rest still.

"Sure, salt is easy to sell," she mutters. Figuring Daine has done the best he can by the way he's not really counter-offering anymore, she says, "Sounds good to me. Where should we take it?"

Once the instructions are given, she gives the stranger who steps up to do his own negotiating another once-over. If he really did know someone, and wasn't interested in trying lure them into a dark alley to get ambushed, then it was worth making a little effort to hear him out. While he chats with the merchant, she uses her comlink to call Kaff.

"Kaff, we have a buyer for some of the salt, so we're on our way back."

lawful_evil
2008-05-10, 09:49 AM
The woman's warehouse is along the topside edge so that star freighters can land and make deliveries. She provides Daine with a transaction code to give to the droid at the warehouse who will transfer the credits and accept the salt.

The old Duros merchant woman smiles at Flick and says, "Ah.. Slime Worms.. are these Klomidean or Dromodgian?" She checks some information on her datapad as she ponders the transaction and waits for a response.

LarsWester
2008-05-10, 05:18 PM
These are the finest specimens of the Klomidean variety. Widely heralded as the finest of the slime worms. I have a total of 3 kilos of them that are available. How interested are you?
Flick offers the worms up for inspection and begins the bartering process.
[roll0] His mind is still on the salt and his old acquittance Sebat. He'd love to get his hands on that much salt through off the books means. He quickly turns to the group of salt vendors.
If you are still looking to get rid of that salt in an hour meet me in the cantina and we can discuss a possible buyer over a drink.
Not sure if this is needed or not. If not ignore.
[roll1]
Flick turns his attention back to the Duros vendor and awaits her response.

dauphinous
2008-05-10, 06:00 PM
Kera

Well, he certainly knows how to deal. Must be some kind of trader. Kera nods a little. "We might just take you up on that." Then she turns and, waiting for Daine and Corran to start moving also, heads back for the ship, walking at a fairly brisk pace. Best to get this all over with as soon as possible. Besides, if this guy is on the level, then that meet is too good an opportunity to pass up. Doesn't mean she won't bring a gun, though.

Without turning her head to look anywhere other than where she's going, Kera says, "Corran, when we get offworld, we got a few things to talk about." Her tone is a touch grim, but there's little else to betray what she's thinking of.

Graybacca
2008-05-10, 08:25 PM
Corran for the most part let his mind wander while Daine did his negotiations with the salt merchant. Corran doesn't notice the other Trader come into the shop, until he started talking, as he listens to this Trader negotiate, Corran thinks, This guy sounds like a very good negotiator. when Kara is ready to move Corran follows along. Then Kara says to him, "Corran, when we get off-world, we got a few things to talk about." Corran wonders what he did but all he says is, As you wish, Ma'am

lawful_evil
2008-05-11, 03:14 PM
The merchant scans the worms. Satisfied, the old Duros woman agrees to 155 credits for the 3 kilos of worms.

Kera, Corran, and Daine make their way to the turbolift to head down to the landing platforms. While waiting for the lift, it occurs to Kera that Kaff never responded to her message.

dauphinous
2008-05-11, 04:18 PM
Kera

Could be Kaff is just in the head. Nothing to panic about yet. Kera opts to call Nate instead.

"Nate, please respond. What is Kaff's status?"

lawful_evil
2008-05-12, 06:13 AM
Several milliseconds after you stop transmitting, Nate's soothing voice comes over the commlink, "Kaff was functional when I last encountered him."

dauphinous
2008-05-12, 06:38 PM
Kera

Lowering the comlink away from her face and ending the transmission, Kera rolls her eyes. "I should just ignore the droid unless I need to astrogate. I really should. Damn tin can. My dad had a navcomputer. None of this talking crap. You really do damn well get what you damn well pay for."

lawful_evil
2008-05-13, 05:33 PM
The turbolift arrives and the team is able to proceed down to the landing platform. When they arrive at the ship, they find the hatch closed and locked, but the ship is otherwise in good condition. The readout on the side of the charge panel with the power/fuel gauges show everything fully charged up and ready to go.

Kera is able to unlock the hatch and the crew heads inside. Looking around they find Nate in the engineering bay working with Daine's tools on something. Trill is in the cockpit watching the city out the window. When the team enters he gets a confused look on his face and their is the slightest smell of peaches. Probably from something he is preparing for dessert. His mouth sort of opens and closes and he says, "That was quick. I thought you said it'd be another hour?"

dauphinous
2008-05-13, 06:13 PM
Kera

Kera blinks a couple of times at Trill. "Uh, I don't think I ever said that. Where is Kaff? I told him we were on our way back, and he didn't answer. Is everything okay? I want to get these trades taken care of already." She drops herself into the pilot seat and starts powering up the ship.

lawful_evil
2008-05-13, 06:37 PM
Trill looks at Kera for a few moments and says, "You sent a message that you had a salt buyer." Trill pauses as he accesses his brain bucket and then adds, "Then you called and said you needed Kaff to come right away. You said that the situation had changed and you'd be back in an hour, so lock up." The peach smell fades and becomes more of a peppermint sort of smell as Trill ponders something.

Santanya
2008-05-14, 09:04 AM
Daine

Daine frowns as he raises an eyebrow at Trill. "Um, no, we never called back except to ask Nate about Kaff," he says. He pulls out his commlink and dials over to Kaff's. "Kaff, where you at?" he looks to the others.

dauphinous
2008-05-14, 10:12 AM
Kera

"I definitely never said anything about an hour, or locking up." Kera straps herself in, because the trades should only take a short time, and because if any one of them is going to be able to handle himself alone, it's Kaff. "If he doesn't answer, then we don't have any way of finding him. Who knows where he is? Either he's fine and we'll see him when we get back, or he's already dead and we won't see him again at all. Callous, but true."

lawful_evil
2008-05-14, 02:34 PM
Trill glances back and forth between Daine, Corran, and Kera and says, "I didn't hear the message. Kaff was down in the cargo bay making sure stuff was ready to offload. He came up the bridge and told me about the message and then left, securing the ship when he left." Trill pauses to think for a moment and adds, "He sounded a little funny, but I figured he was just concerned about whatever trouble you had called him to take care of."

dauphinous
2008-05-14, 04:19 PM
Kera

"Right, well, that sounds pretty fishy, but he's not answering, and we don't know where he is. I'm not about to go wandering around this place calling his name and hoping to just bump into him. We'll come back after the trades and check with the local law enforcement types, but sitting around here isn't going to do anyone any good. Time to strap in, guys."

With no more preamble than that, Kera lifts the ship off, headed to the coordinates to get rid of the salt. She feels rather suddenly like she ought to be in a hurry, and pushes the Mule probably a touch more than she should.

"If it'll make anyone feel better about it, you can use the comm to call the local law enforcement now."

LarsWester
2008-05-16, 12:02 AM
Flick walks into the local bar. He sits down and orders a glass of wine and some cheese. He doesn't really care if its Anganthorian yak cheese this entire planet reminds him of cheese. The kind with holes all the way throughout.
Do I ever hate this planet. he mutters under his breath as he takes a bite of cheese. Hopefully those salt traders make their way into the tavern he thinks to himself as he looks around the bar for possible ways to get off the planet.

lawful_evil
2008-05-16, 05:27 PM
The Angry Mule

Kera lifts off flying slow until she clears the traffic in the depths of the city. When she's about to speed up she notices that the coordinates are less than a kilometer from the edge of the sinkhole that city is built in. In fact its just a few hundred meters away.

She slides the small freighter over and sets the down on the pad just outside of a large warehouse. As she approaches she can see several droids moving freight around inside the warehouse through a large door on the side. Next to the door is a large particle cannon which tracks the ships progress. They don't seem hostile, just cautious.

Once the ship touches down a silver protocol droid with one leg covered in rusty iron coverings hobbles out to meet the ship, its iron leg refusing to bend.

Hole in the Wall

The bar seems aptly named as it literally seems to be a natural cave which extends off the main hallway. With a long bar along the left side and a few small tables scattered around stalactites and stalagmites. Few of the locals seem to favor this particular location. A Pa'lowick man and his two mates sit at a table in the back corner. Two human Imperial officers sit the table nearest to the entrance. The only one at the bar is a Lepi in an armored spacesuit, armed with at least 3 blaster pistols.

The Cerean bartender ponders your order and then presents you with a glass of wine and a small green plate with large wedge of bright orange cheese on it. He charges you 2 credits and moves over to the end of the bar and watches the locals walk by the entrance. While standing there, he absentmindedly runs his fingers through his short dark hair.

Neither the wine nor the cheese is individually spectacular, but together, they really compliment each other.

dauphinous
2008-05-16, 06:42 PM
Kera

Sitting back in her seat, Kera just looks over at Corran and grins. "You don't mind taking care of the cargo, do ya, buttercup?" Her gaze slides right on past him, to Daine.

Graybacca
2008-05-17, 02:14 AM
As you wish, alor'ad Corran Gets up and descends the latter so he can open the aft cargo hatch so they can deliver there cargo.

lawful_evil
2008-05-18, 06:41 AM
Hopping down the ladder, Corran reaches the cargo bay without difficulty. Corran lowers the cargo loading ramp and opens the rear door. At the end of the ramp is the silver protocol droid with the single rusted leg. The droid says, "Greetings, I am H4-T3. This is madam Teblo's warehouse. Do you have a transaction code?"

Graybacca
2008-05-18, 10:04 AM
thank you, H4-T3, I'm Corran and yes we do have transaction code just give me a moment, Corran goes over to the closet's intercom and hails the bridge and says, Oh alor'ad I need the di'kutla transaction code that was given to us, to get the cargo unloaded.

(di'kutla - dee-KOOT-lah - useless, stupid, worthless)

dauphinous
2008-05-18, 11:30 AM
Kera

It takes probably half a minute for Kera to respond via the ship's comm system. "Mmkay, it's, uh, quit it for half a sec," she reads off a long string of numbers and letters, sounding rather like she's trying very hard not to laugh, then she turns it off.

lawful_evil
2008-05-18, 03:27 PM
The droid, upon receipt of the transaction code waves its silver hand at the building and says, "Very good. Thank you for your business. I am to transfer 20 cubic meters of salt to the warehouse and provide you with 800 Galactic Credits."

A minute or so later a couple pair of servant droids roll up on a flatbed speeder freight truck. One of the droids gets out of the truck and uses a large mechanical grasping arm mounted on the rear of the truck. One by one, the cubes are grasped by the arm and then moved over and set down on the flatbed. The whole transfer process takes about 2 minutes and the droid transfers the credits to Corran. He says, "That concludes all activities in your transaction code. Do you have any other transactions?"

As the droid speaks, the two servant droids fire up the freight speeder and drive back into the warehouse, leaving Corran and the protocol droid alone on the platform. Meanwhile, up on the bridge, Trill asks, "Did you also find a buyer for that speeder that's clogging up the cargobay entrance?"

Graybacca
2008-05-18, 07:54 PM
No that's all we have for today, H4-T3 you have a good day. Once the droid has descended the ramp Corran raises up the ramp and heads back up to the bridge.

dauphinous
2008-05-19, 06:10 AM
Kera

"Too public, apparently." Kera steps back from Daine, having accosted him in his seat. "Yes, we found a buyer for the speeder. That's our next stop." She flumphs back down into her own seat, wondering if they'd ever get a chance to do anything fun in the cockpit without a door there. After zipping her flight suit back up partway, she straps herself back in and gets the ship back into the air as soon as she notices the cargo bay door has shut.

lawful_evil
2008-05-19, 07:44 PM
After being flashed by the captain and getting his answer, Trill heads down to the galley to get a drink only to be replaced by Corran on the bridge.

Kera takes off and heads out to the coordinates provided, which are relatively close and take about 23.283 minutes to get to. It seems to be a small farmstead outpost. Its one relatively small building out in the middle of nowhere. A water tank stands next to the building and about 2 dozen Bantha stand around within 200 meters of the building.

There is no designated landing pad, but plenty of flat spots where one might land without getting Bantha stuck in the landing gear.

Santanya
2008-05-19, 10:06 PM
Daine

Daine chuckles softly to himself as they get underway. "Ok, then next project, a door with a lock, got it," he says. "Might be good to have anyways if we ever plan on more passengers."

dauphinous
2008-05-20, 06:30 AM
Kera

"I'm kind of feeling like we need to make this delivery en masse, as it were. Armed, too." Kera picks a spot pretty close in, flat, and bantha-free. As soon as the ship is on the ground, she powers it down and heads below to grab her lovely Imperial rifle. With it, she meets the others down the in the cargo bay, nodding to Corran to open the door as soon as he's ready to..

Graybacca
2008-05-20, 02:52 PM
Taking his Que from the captain Corran also grabs his rifle, Once he's in position by the ramp door and gets the nod from the captain Corran then hits the button that opens and lowers the ramp.

lawful_evil
2008-05-20, 06:38 PM
Corran, Daine, and Kera head down and exit the ship, armed to the teeth. Looking around the dusty farmstead, the only thing stirring is some dried out brush blowing along in the wind.

After a few moments of looking around and being watched by the few Bantha close enough to see the group, the front door of the homestead swings open. An old man in well worn clothing steps out a few meters and stops. He stands there looking at the group and the ship and then he turns his head and yells over his shoulder, "Mah, git chur but owt hea an brin mah slahgtrowah." The man looks nearly human but has large clawed hands and a long thin tail with a fluffy bulb at the tip.

Twenty seconds later, or so, an elderly woman with a bit of a limp exits the front door, holding an older all-metal projectile weapon of some sort. She hands it to him and steps back a few steps till she is under the overhand by the front door. Based on her tail, you guess she is the same species as him, whatever that is.

dauphinous
2008-05-20, 07:38 PM
Kera

"Raul sent us," she calls out to the old couple. "Just traders, didn't know what to expect. We've got his new speeder."

lawful_evil
2008-05-20, 07:54 PM
The man's tail twitches and he say, "Wah? Rah-ool?"

The woman says, "Duht beh daft.. dat use ed peeder brokah."

The man turns to her and says, "Quiet down mah!" He then twists his neck, with an audible crack noise, and says, "Yeh. Yous de livering dat peeder weh ordahed?"

The man orders the old woman, "Mah, git da 600 redits we dun owed dem." The woman turns to go back into the homestead.

Graybacca
2008-05-21, 08:02 PM
wait a minute Raul agreed to pay us 1500 Credits for the speeder.

lawful_evil
2008-05-22, 08:51 PM
The woman disappears into the homestead and the man says, "Aiy dun no nuffin bout wat Rah-ool says to yous. Aiy tells Rah-ool thats Aiy wantin to buy a peeder an for that Aiy be gunna pay 600 credits fur it. He did dund says to meh thats O K. K?"

dauphinous
2008-05-23, 05:11 AM
Kera

"Yeah, not a big shock," Kera mutters to herself. She gives Corran a little bit of an annoyed glare, but brightens up and smiles pleasantly at the woman. "He," she gestures dismissively at Corran, "must have confused the numbers with our other shipment. Speeder's 600. Hope it serves you well."

Graybacca
2008-05-23, 10:13 AM
I didn't Fracking confused no numbers, your not going to let this osik'troan!! to Cheat us are you! Say Corran as he voice starts to rise, Corran starts to unconsciously points his rifle in the direction of the old mans, And if you are going to let him cheat us Captain your a bigger piece of osik then i thought.

(osik - OH-sik - dung (impolite): troan - trawn - face )

dauphinous
2008-05-23, 01:55 PM
Kera

Kera turns and gives Corran a single uplifted eyebrow. "Don't think I don't know what went on in there with Raul, Corran. I woulda been happy to wait 'til we were offworld to tell you what I think, but if you want to make it an issue now, in front of these folks, then fine. Let's make it an issue.

"You don't &*%^ around with people's heads to screw them for money. Do it to save your ass, do it to save your buddy's ass, but not for money. Doesn't matter that guy is dirty. He's a businessman, and we rely on businessmen for our livelihood. You think you can just do your little handwaving thing, get some extra pocket change, and no repercussions? Think again. My dad got screwed to the wall more than once by people like you. People who didn't think there was anything wrong with inviting themselves on his ship for no fare, telling him where to go and when. Didn't matter to them that he had to pay for the fuel outta his own pocket then, and the food, and the maintenance on his ship. Nope, they didn't damn well give a %^$&.

"Bargaining fair is one thing. Doing what you did is shoving a gun in their mouth and threatening to pull the trigger if they don't hand over everything they have. We need people like that guy to stay in business, and cheating them isn't going to make that happen. Sure, one guy on one planet doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things, but I won't stand by and watch you make a habit out of it, because sooner or later, it'll come back and bite us in the ass, hard. Now, Raul made a deal with these folks on our behalf, and we're not &*%^s, so we're gonna stand by it - because this speeder is just gravy to us anyway."

Graybacca
2008-05-23, 09:20 PM
Corran's Face contorts in anger, and then he say with gritted teeth, Fine captain, well do it your way. with that Corran turns and just walks back aboard the Ship. muttering di'kutla atin dalyc

((di'kutla - dee-KOOT-lah - "useless, stupid, worthless"
atin - ah-TEEN - "stubborn, tenacious, capable of endurance"
dalyc - DAH-leesh - female))

dauphinous
2008-05-24, 06:07 AM
Kera

"Sorry 'bout that." Kera does her best to put on a bright smile, though the wattage of it is actually rather dim. "Internal dispute, none of your concern. We appreciate being able to do business with you folks." She does whatever she can to facilitate the transaction, assuming they've actually got the money.

lawful_evil
2008-05-24, 06:39 AM
The man looks totally confused at the exchange. The woman returns with the credits and hands them to the man. He says, "Ayit. Lesse dat peeder. K?"

The speeder is tucked away in the back of the cargobay behind the remaining 30 cubic meters of salt cubes.

Graybacca
2008-05-25, 11:44 AM
Corran see that he's going to have to move the salt so he goes over to his things and activates his DUM Series pit droid "Shorty", Corran says OK Shorty time to wake up we got work to do, help me move this salt so we can push that speeder off the ship with the help of his droid Corran is able to move the salt aside and push the speeder out and down the ramp.

lawful_evil
2008-05-25, 03:48 PM
The Ranch

While Corran and the droid labor to extract the speeder, Kera and Daine make googley eyes at each other and mentally undress each other. The cubes are quite heavy and the little droid has lots of trouble. Lucky, Corran notices a pair of hover-lifters hanging on the wall.

Taking one down, he finds the work much easier. It still takes neary half an hour to get the cube out of the way enough that the speeder and be lifted over and around the remaining cubes and out of the cargo hold. The speeder is out and Corran is left with another 5 minute of putting the cubes back into position so they can be secured for flight.

The man says, "Yit, dat peeder luk fine." He tosses over the credits and climbs into the speeder with a wide grin and yells, "Mon, mah, les go fura ride."

The Bar

Flick finishes his cheese and is still waiting for the merchant woman to return. The Cerean bartender stops by and asks, "Care for another? Maybe something different? A Ma-Garitah? I've just received some Carolinian salt for the rim..." The bartender smiles attempting to talk you into the beverage.

dauphinous
2008-05-26, 07:01 PM
Kera

Not the type to stand around and let others do all the work, Kera helps Corran get the speeder out and put the salt back once that's done. She catches the credits and flips the man a sort of half-assed salute. "Pleasure doin' business with you. Enjoy."

She brushes past Corran, annoyed that she had to say all that in front of those people much more than she's annoyed about having to say it in the first place. People make mistakes. It happens. Best to screw up when lives aren't on the line, so you know better when they are. She hops up the steps and slides into her seat again, waiting just until the cargo bay door is shut to lift the ship off.

"I do believe," she says to no one in particular, "that we are in need of some drinks. And lo, we have 600 shiny new credits to blow on them." The ship is quickly on its way back to the landing pad they used before.

Santanya
2008-05-27, 11:40 AM
Daine

Daine rolls his eyes and moves to help get the speeder out. The sooner they were out of here the better. He follows Kera up to the bridge, dropping into the seat behind her and pulling the straps over his shoulder. "Sounds like a plan to me," he says, shaking his head. Nothing was ever simple, but at least things were interesting.

lawful_evil
2008-05-27, 05:26 PM
Kera lifts off and flys away from ranch, leaving the exciting life of Bantha herding behind. Heading back to the city, the crew witnesses two ship take off and fly out into orbit and another one swoop in to land, dropping into the large sinkhole that is the city.

Cresting the ridge, Kera drops The Angry Mule into the sinkhole, which seems largely the same as before. A couple dozen cloud cars are parked on private platforms scattered along the walls. Towards the bottom, there are 6 large landing platforms for starships. Two of the platforms already have starships parked. On those platforms numerous droids can be seen hustling around connecting hoses and such as well as loading and unloading cargo.

Kera sets the ship down on the same platform as before. Several small humanoids, each less than a meter tall, almost like dogs which walk upright, but with rounder snouts rush over to begin refueling and any other services the captain selects. One of them activates the same docking service console as before, which rises up out of the decking. The console is pretty standard and allows the captain to pay for the docking as well as other standard services(fuel, water, sanitation, etc).

{{ Docking fee is 5 credits, plus 5 from last time which I didn't explicitly mention. Fuel was 75 credits. }}

When Kera registers the ship and pays the fee, she is notified that a message was left for her.

Captain. It is Kaff. It seems I got lured away from the ship by a fake call. Looks like you left without me. I'll try to catch up on Rutan. I've booked transport towards The Core, I should be able to catch a freighter back out to our territory from there.

dauphinous
2008-05-27, 06:01 PM
Kera

After landing, paying the fee, and retrieving the message, Kera rolls her eyes. "Figures." Kera picks up her comlink, hoping Kaff has his turned on and that he hasn't actually left yet.

To Kaff: "Kaff, if you can hear this, respond. It's Kera, and I'm gonna so kick your ass for thinking we'd just bail on you completely."

Santanya
2008-05-28, 10:10 AM
Daine

Daine follows Kera out and watches over the humanoids hooking up the ship with a keen eye. He glances over his shoulder towards Kera as she sends the message to Kaff. "Would love to know what happened to him, or what call he received," he says with a slight shrug before looking back at the workers.

lawful_evil
2008-05-28, 08:09 PM
Sadly, after a minute or so of listening, Kaff does not reply.

dauphinous
2008-05-29, 06:27 AM
Kera

Giving an annoyed sigh, Kera shrugs and puts the comlink back in her pocket. She brings along her blaster pistol, holstered on her hip, and checks with Trill. "We're going to a bar, Trill. Do you want to come with us, or would you rather wait with the ship? We'll do shopping after the alcohol wears off."

Whichever way Trill answers, Kera waits for all who are going ashore to be ashore before locking up the ship and starting for the cantina they can theoretically meet up with that trader guy at.

lawful_evil
2008-05-29, 07:51 AM
Trill smiles and nods. He grabs a cloak off a hook outside the galley and says, "I am prepared. Maybe we should lock out the main computer if we are leaving Nate here alone."

In either case, Trill heads down to the cargo bay and prepares to head out to the bar.

Santanya
2008-05-29, 10:04 AM
Daine

"Yea, that probably would be smart for now," he says as he moves to a console and starts working. After he finishes he stops by his and Kera's quarters, returning with a long jacket and his blaster set on his hip, hidden under it. "Let's go have a drink," he says, grinning towards Kera as he follows her out. "We'll be back, hopefully with a plan on where to go next," he calls up to Nate as they head out.

Computer Use: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5420)

Graybacca
2008-05-29, 04:52 PM
Corran for the most part stayed in the ships lounge on the trip back to the dock, when ever one was ready to go to the bar, he gets up and puts his rifle with his things and shut down "Shorty", Corran takes only the Blaster pistol at his hip with him, Corran Then joins the others and heads to the bar.

lawful_evil
2008-05-29, 07:04 PM
The crew locks up and heads out into the city. Again the local kids swarm in, but having learned his lesson, Corran gives them a stern look and they back off leaving the crew in peace to explore the city. Soon enough they find the bar the merchant made reference to.

Hole in the Wall

The bar seems aptly named as it literally seems to be a natural cave which extends off the main hallway. With a long bar along the left side and a few small tables scattered around stalactites and stalagmites. Few of the locals seem to favor this particular location. A Pa'lowick man and his two mates sit at a table in the back corner. Two human Imperial officers sit the table nearest to the entrance. The only one at the bar is a Lepi in an armored spacesuit, armed with at least 3 blaster pistols.

Seated at the bar, near the middle, is that same merchant nursing a nearly empty glass of red liquid and an empty plate.

dauphinous
2008-05-29, 08:24 PM
Kera

"Ha, a hole in the wall. Funny." Kera grins, pleased that there is something to find humor in, even if it's a little lame. "There's got to be a standard maneuver for this sort of thing. You guys flank him, I'll come up from behind. We can have him off guard in no time."

Graybacca
2008-06-01, 06:56 PM
Shrugging his shoulders Corran replies, Sure Captain what ever you want.

Santanya
2008-06-02, 11:06 AM
Daine

"Aye," Daine says, raises an eyebrow slightly towards Corran, then shrugs slightly as he strides into the bar, taking a slightly wider path away from the merchant at first, then circling back. He gives an respectful nod towards the imperials sitting in the bar as he passes. He glances towards Kera and Corran, timing his approach with theirs.

dauphinous
2008-06-02, 12:36 PM
Kera

Striding up to the bar, Kera stops behind Flick. She waits until Corran and Daine are close at hand before speaking up. "Fancy meeting you here." She has a cocky sort of stance, one that projects confidence and a little bravado. Her flight suit is zipped up to about her waist, with her arms in the sleeves of it, and she has a white tank top on under it. There is a blaster pistol holstered at her hip.

lawful_evil
2008-06-03, 05:30 PM
[[ DM autopilot of Flick until he gets his internet straightened out or I decide to drop him. ]]

Flick

Flick isn't the least bit surprised. The merchant is well trained in active listening and attention to detail. Of course, with that big mirror behind the bar, it was all too easy.

The merchant spins in his stool and smiles at the captain, his eyes taking a moment or two to take in her stance, her pistol, her unzipped flight suit, her tank top, etc. He smiles and says, "Quite Fancy." He tilts his head and with a sweeping gesture motions to the adjacent barstool. His gesture spins him back around as he says, "I'm sure our Cerean host can mix you up something perfectly suited to you. Maybe something with... salt?"

Graybacca
2008-06-03, 10:45 PM
Corran takes a seat near by and orders, I'll have a ne'tra gal , in a cold mug, Please.

((ne'tra gal -- NAY-trah gahl -- "black ale - sweet, almost spicy black beer similar to milk stout"))

lawful_evil
2008-06-04, 06:07 AM
The Cerean steps up with a smile which quickly disappears as he says, "The cold mug I can accommodate. I'm saddened to say that I have not heard of a drink named, "ne'tra gal", perhaps if you told me how to make it."

dauphinous
2008-06-04, 06:21 AM
Kera

Chuckling at the joke, Kera nods to the Cerean. "Whatever kind of cheap beer or beer-like drink you got is fine for me." She stays standing, but takes a step or two closer to Daine. After all, this excursion is supposed to be fun.

"So, you just offer ways to contact buyers for fun, or are you looking for a way off of this rock?"

Graybacca
2008-06-04, 07:56 PM
Sorry i Forget that the Most of the Galaxy doesn't speak Mando'a, ne'tra gal means Black ale.

Santanya
2008-06-05, 10:14 AM
Daine

Daine chuckles and sits down on a stool two down from Flick. "Same for me, I'm a cheap date," he says with a slight grin as he glances towards Kera. "Nice place," he adds, glancing around the bar.

LarsWester
2008-06-05, 03:42 PM
Flick
Flick leans his chair back and tilts his head so he can make eye contact with Kera.
"Well I am a friendly guy, but you are correct in assume I want passage off this rotting rock. This place reminds me of worm eaten food with all it's caverns and tunnels. Gives me the creeps."

dauphinous
2008-06-05, 04:14 PM
Kera

Kera drops the credits to pay for drinks for the three of them on the bar, however much it turns out to be. "Kera," she points to herself, "Daine," she indicates him, "Corran," she then indicates Corran. "Nice to meet you." She offers a hand to shake with Flick.

lawful_evil
2008-06-05, 09:56 PM
While the team talks, the Cerean bartender selects an under rated but flavorful Black Ale for Corran and Daine. Daine takes a moment or two to admire some stalactites... or are those stalagmites?

lawful_evil
2008-06-08, 06:58 PM
While everyone shakes hands and exchanges pleasantries, the Cerean ponders Kera's request for a cheap beer or beer-like drink. Given her apparent status, youthfulness, and health, he selects a mug of amber liquid with white foam on top. At the bottom of the mug seems to flecks of red glitter which sparkle in the light.

dauphinous
2008-06-08, 07:04 PM
Kera

Kera picks up the mug and regards it briefly, then takes a hearty swig. "Good stuff," she nods to the bartender. Then she turns back to Flick. "So, what're you actually offering in exchange for passage, where do you want to go, and when do you want to leave? Or get there, whichever actually matters."

Santanya
2008-06-08, 07:36 PM
Daine

Daine listens to the conversation, glancing between Kera and Flick a few times as they speak. He turns sideways on the bar stool laying his hand on Kera's hip and guiding her closer as he listens for a few moments more before his eyes start glancing around the bar. He glances up towards the ceiling, noting the stalactites hanging tightly to the ceiling while below them saw the stalacmites sitting mightily as part of the cavern floor. Quickly he grows bored with the geology and glances behind the bar towards the appliances and the like, curious what they would use on such a warm dry world.

LarsWester
2008-06-08, 09:54 PM
Flick

Well Kera, Daine and Corran. Let's just say that I ran into some bad luck on this planet. So old mistakes caught up with me here and have left me stranded. I'm a merchant and everyone knows that for me to make any real money you have to move things between the systems. Flick stops to take a drink and wipe his brow. Lowering his voice he continues Now I heard you had an excess of salt. I happen to know a trader who specializes in salt trade. I haven't run into him in a few years and he lives in a system close to the core. But it might be worth your while if you had enough salt.
Flick stops to gauge his audience's reception to what he's said so far. Taking a sip of his drink.
As for what I'd want in exchange for setting up the deal is simple. I don't have a ship. You do. I've got experience in trading so I could arrange that end of your business. Finding the best deal has been my life for awhile. So what do you think is there space on your ship for me.

dauphinous
2008-06-09, 06:16 AM
Kera

Kera leans against Daine, more or less perching on his leg. "I see." She looks Flick over now, giving him a little more visual scrutiny than she did before. In order to cover her thoughts on the subject of how to decide if she is willing to let someone else (this specific someone else, anyway) on the ship as crew, she takes another swig of her drink and savors it a little.

"You know how to do anything on a ship? Like shoot the guns or run shields or sensors?" It didn't really matter which he knew how to do, since the rest of them could clearly cover everything; they just didn't have enough eyes and hands to do it all at once. But if he couldn't do anything but talk...well, that would just be a wasted space where a useful crew member could be instead.

LarsWester
2008-06-09, 11:14 PM
Flick
Flick eyes up Kera and her crew. He takes a short sip of his drink to sort out his thoughts. Debating whether he should be up front and honest about his areas of expertise and areas of inexperience or bluff his way on a ship. He puts his glass down and sighs.
Well if your asking if I'm highly qualified at those tasks the answers is no. I'm a quick study and know very basic computer use on a starship. Flick pauses for a second to stress what comes next. But you must realize that not every danger can be blocked by a ship's shields and not every problem can be blasted to pieces. And it's when your ship is in those situations that I would be most useful.

dauphinous
2008-06-10, 07:28 AM
Kera

Kera nods. It sounds like honesty, or maybe humility or something. Sorting out the difference isn't really her forte. He sounds reasonable, too. And she did have to admit to herself that they hadn't been shot at that many times. They had needed to talk their way into or out of things a few times, and Evayn had been the one to do that.

"You got a point." She takes another drink from her mug. How can you tell if someone is an honest guy who just needs a job, or an axe murderer who's looking for a chance to get some people in hyperspace? She doesn't know the answer to that question, but he doesn't really look dangerous. And she could probably take him in a fight, even with her arm in a splint.

"Okay." Her tone says that she's made a decision. "We're here to enjoy some local flavor for the moment, but when we go back to the ship, you should come with us. You got stuff in a room someplace, I expect?"

LarsWester
2008-06-11, 01:17 AM
Flick
Flick looks down into his glass sadly.
Sadly I don't have much I do have a few kilos of fuel which you might find handy. But most of my equipment has been traded for food lately
Actually most his gear has been confiscated by the Hutts.
Bluff [roll0]

dauphinous
2008-06-11, 07:11 AM
Kera

Nodding, Kera actually feels a little bit of sympathy for the guy. Must've been tough to be stuck here like that, then have to ditch everything just to eat. Daine would rather starve to death than sell off his tools. "Well, on the bright side, it won't take long to get your stuff to the ship, then. And, as a plus, we have a great cook. Speaking of, we need to buy some food and other things before we leave. How about you join us for that foray and show off how good you are?"

LarsWester
2008-06-11, 05:39 PM
Flick
Relieved that he might find passage off the planet and eager to prove his worth replies excitedly
Yes sure. I know a couple spots where I bought food at a good deal. Were you thinking of leaving after these drinks?

lawful_evil
2008-06-11, 06:52 PM
When the conversation turns to drinks the Cerean bartender wanders slightly closer hopeful the team will decide to stay and get sloshed before shopping.

At about that time, the two Imperial officers, which had been seated near the door stand up and leave.

dauphinous
2008-06-12, 03:09 PM
Kera

"Much as I would enjoy sitting around and getting sloshed, we probably shouldn't sit around for too long here." She nods to the bartender. "Give us another round. Him, too." With a grin, she indicates Flick as the one who should be included, then knocks back the rest of what's in her mug. "That doesn't mean we have to rush right out, though. Care to regale us with the tale of how you came to be stuck on this...lovely planet?"

lawful_evil
2008-06-14, 01:55 PM
The Cerean happily provides another round of drinks. Once done he brings a another shot to the Lepi and a tray full of colorful drinks to the Pa'lowick and his companions.

Outside the bar, the flow of people passing by suddenly includes 4 stormtroopers. They stop across the hallway directly in front of the bar. The talk to each other in hushed tones occasionally glancing into the bar.

Santanya
2008-06-14, 03:54 PM
Daine

Daine raises a brow slightly and gently taps Kara on the hip. Nodding his head just slightly towards the front of the bar he says, "Well, our shopping might have a slight hiccup," he says quietly. "Depending on what's about to happen of course."

Graybacca
2008-06-15, 02:37 PM
Corran for the most part keeps quiet and Drinks his Ale, once he spots the imperial trooper he gets a sinking feeling in his gut he begins to scan the area with his eye for any other dangers, as slowly and silently as he can, Corran reachs for the blaster at his hip.

Spot [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
Sleight of Hand [roll2]

dauphinous
2008-06-15, 03:25 PM
Kera

"Relax. We aren't the only people in here. No reason to get excited yet. If you act suspicious, They'll notice." Kera pays for the drinks, keeping her cool. She knows where her blaster is, and pulling it out isn't going to change that. "Act natural, pretend like we haven't ever done anything that could even be construed as remotely illegal."

LarsWester
2008-06-15, 09:48 PM
Flick
Maybe later you can fill me in as to why you might be attracting some Imperial attention. At that point I'll share the manner of how one can get stranded on this planet.
Flick quickly looks around the scene to gather information from peoples body language to see if any of the other patrons are reacting nervously right now.
Sense Motive[roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-06-17, 09:20 PM
As the team eyes the stormtrooper, the Lepi accidentally knocks his glass to the floor. It shatters and broken glass scatters all over the floor into the hallway. The motion distracts the stormtroopers long enough for the Lepi to leap to his feet and draw a pair of weapons. He fires at the troopers as he bounds away down the hallway to the left. The troopers begin to return fire and start to shuffle off in that direction after the man.

The Cerean bar tender calls out, "Stop! You owe me 8 credits! Stop that Lepi!" The Cerean sighs, shrugs, and grabs a rag and broom to clean up the mess.

dauphinous
2008-06-18, 07:21 AM
Kera

"See? No worries, guys." Kera takes another drink from her mug and grins. "You act casual, they ignore you. We haven't done anything even close to bad enough here to get local Impies riled up." She leans back, across Daine, and puts one arm around his neck. "You guys think we should see about getting some other work here, or would you rather just vacate A-sap? We've got something to move and someplace to take it, so we could just go."

Graybacca
2008-06-18, 05:30 PM
Corran relaxes some but his hand hovers over his blaster, I don't care if we did anything or not to warrant imperial attention, I hate those fracking Meat Cans, they killed to many of my friends during the war, the only good Meat Can is a dead Meat Can. Corran takes a sip of his Ale, he than shrugs, well as for work it can't hurt, but its up to you.

dauphinous
2008-06-18, 07:40 PM
Kera

Nodding at Corran, Kera slips her gaze back to Flick. "So, what system is this friend of yours in? If we're going to look for work, we should try for something nearby." Her eyes drift so she's looking at nothing in particular and she thinks a little out loud. "That salt takes up a lot of space, so we're looking for something relatively small to move. I'm not especially keen on taking passengers again, but if that's what we find," she sighs lightly, "then that's what we find."

Santanya
2008-06-20, 02:02 PM
Daine

Daine perks a brow at Corran a moment and nods. "So long as they leave us alone, I'm fine leaving them alone," he says as he takes a drink. "Cargo is so much easier, and even easier if there's no passengers to go along with it," he says, shaking his head. "No bounty hunters would be nice for once."

lawful_evil
2008-06-23, 05:54 PM
{{ Sorry.. its been a week since he was online... so... }}

Flick

Flick, cautious after his last experience, listens to the crew attempting to determine just who he is getting involved with ponders the situation before taking a large gulp from his glass and offering, "My contact is in the Duro System. If you've got space, I can probably help you pick out some locally produced goods that should bring a fair price there. Your best bet would be to restock with salt.. if that was nearby."

As Flick talks, the group of Stormtroopers hauls the Lepi back past the bar in manacles. Two of the stormtroopers have black marks on their nice white suits of armor, but seem uninjured. The bartender calls out at them as they pass, "He ran off without paying! Did you recover my credits?" One of the stormtroopers simple snaps the Lepi's credit stick off his belt and tosses it to the bartender without stopping.

dauphinous
2008-06-23, 06:16 PM
Kera

Kera shakes her head just a little. "No, we're not going back there for more salt. It would be out of the way. We'll just have to see what we can scare up here. Duros is...near...crap, I'd have to check a chart. Too many frigging systems to keep track of which is which and where. Anyway, we have shopping to do. We can check for jobs while we're out."

Kera applies herself to her drink, chugging it down relatively quickly, then thumps her mug back onto the bar. "Whenever you guys are ready."

Graybacca
2008-06-23, 10:13 PM
Corran sips his ale listening to Flick and Kara talk but at the mention of the Duro system, Corran remembers his mother telling him some of the systems near her home system of Corellia, Finally Corran says, Captain i think i can help narrow down the search some, i recall my mother mentioning the Duro's system was near her home world of Corellia. Corran then finishes up his Ale, ready when you are captain.

lawful_evil
2008-06-25, 05:47 PM
The bartender collects his payment from the recovered credstick. He then moves down to the team and collects up the empty glasses from the group. With a smile he says, "As the Stormtroopers hauled that Lepi past, I heard him offer to pay for your round of drinks." The bartender nods slightly but his long Cerean head exaggerates the movement. Sensing the team is about to leave, the Bartender says, "Enjoy your day. You are always welcome at The Cave."

dauphinous
2008-06-25, 06:47 PM
Kera

Grinning, Kera nods to the bartender. "Thanks. I don't suppose you know of any good places to buy maintenance parts for a starship?"

lawful_evil
2008-06-25, 08:02 PM
The Cerean thinks for a moment while cleaning one of the glasses and says, "Good... If you just want a convenient place to stop, you could try Lubs Place. I hear he has a good supply of the parts most likely to fail on the most popular ships. If you want a bargain.. and have some time, there is a junk dealer about 45km south of here. He has a large selection of junk ships. You can dig through and get exactly what you want... cheap."

The Cerean turns and absentmindedly watches the people walking by as his hands seem to take care of the dishes on their own.

LarsWester
2008-06-25, 11:13 PM
Flick
Well what do you think Boss. Would you rather go to Lubs Place or try our luck at the junkyard? Flick pauses for a second scratches behind his ear and continues In my humble opinion it might be better to try out the junkyard first and see what we can get for a deal there. Anything else we need we can try to get at Lubs Place.
Flick drains the rest of his drink waiting for Kera's answer.

Graybacca
2008-06-26, 05:42 AM
I'm in agreement with Flick that the junkyard sound like are best bet, and besides it'll give me and Daine plenty of useful stuff to look for, like say a nav computer.

dauphinous
2008-06-26, 06:07 AM
Kera

Giving Daine a light nudge in the ribs, Kera nods. "Junkyard sounds good to me. Foraging in mounds of discarded parts and junk ships, armed with tools..." After a mildly suggestive look thrown at Daine, she stands up. "Thank you, sir, much obliged," she tells the barkeep. "Nav computer is pretty low on our priority list, and we don't have unlimited funds. If there's a super cheap one, we can probably pick it up. We do have a few other things to pick up while we're out, though, so let's take care of that. The most notable thing is food. I have a list from Trill on the datapad, so we can just grab all that stuff on the way back to the ship. Trill," Kera looks at Flick to explain, "is our ship's cook."

With this, she is ready to go.

Santanya
2008-06-26, 11:14 AM
Daine

Daine chuckles softly and nods. "Need a few things for that turret anyways," he says with a nod. "Sounds good for me. People throw away perfectly good junk every day," he adds with a grin. "And working hard to salvage it sounds like a fun afternoon, captain," he adds glancing towards Kera.

lawful_evil
2008-06-27, 05:04 PM
As the team decides to leave, the Cerean grabs up the empty glasses and nods as everyone departs. Trill's shopping list is quite short and is mostly staples to keep the galley running smooth. It only takes a few minutes and 20 credits to fulfill each item on the list and move on.

dauphinous
2008-06-28, 10:13 AM
Kera

"Okay, then. That was easy enough. Back to the boat. Flick, we should stop wherever you've got your things - however few they may be - on the way." Kera, carrying just one small bag, lets Flick direct them on the way to wherever he has his stuff stashed. She make sure to keep her bag in such a way that she can still pull and use her blaster, and also makes sure the bags are distributed in such a fashion that everyone else can theoretically do the same. No point walking around armed if your hands are full.

When they get back to the ship, she uses the datapad to unseal the hatch. "Welcome to The Angry Mule." She doesn't pause there, saying it as she walks up the ramp into the cargo bay. "Trill," she calls into the ship, "we got the food, and we're lifting off in a few."

lawful_evil
2008-06-28, 02:54 PM
By the time the cargo bay doors are fully open, Trill is there to help carry the groceries up to the galley. He stops and looks at Flick for a moment and then asks Captain Kera, "We will be having a guest for dinner? Shall I prepare something special?"

As they walk back up Trill says to Daine, "Nate's been getting into your tools again and playing making strange noises."

dauphinous
2008-06-28, 03:31 PM
Kera

"Trill," she gestures to the cook, "Flick." She then gestures to Flick. "He will be joining us on the crew, and we don't need a special meal or anything." She turns to Flick as she hands off her bag. "There are four available crew cabins right now. The middle one on the upper level and all three on the lower. Take your pick. Bridge level is two floors up, engines are on upper level. There's a nice little map someplace we can dig up for you, but best to just have a look around. Don't touch anything unless you know what it does and are pretty sure you won't break it. We've got an astromech we call Nate. It's a little...uh...well, you'll see."

She starts bouncing up the stairs. "Lifting off shortly. Strap in and hold on."

Graybacca
2008-06-28, 05:02 PM
Corran starts after Kara for the bridge, over his shoulder he say, I do sagest you strap in, are captain is one that follow the old saying, why walk when you can run real fast.

LarsWester
2008-06-28, 06:08 PM
Flick
Thank you. I think I'll take the middle room on the bottom floor. The one closest to the cargo bay. If someone could provide me with a list of parts that we need to purchase I'm sure I'd be more helpful at the junk yard. Flick heads to his cabin to put his little supplies away before turning and asking back in the direction of the crew. Where would you like me to store this small supply of fuel I have?

Santanya
2008-07-01, 07:48 AM
Daine

"Cargo bay is fine, Preferably somewhere its not going to explode," Daine says as he frowns. "Going to check on Nate," he says as he starts climbing the stairs to head to the engineering alcove. He moves as quickly as he can, eying Kera as she makes her way to the bridge.

As he makes it to the engineering alcove he calls out. "So, what have you been up to, our little astromech?" he asks loud enough to be heard.

Graybacca
2008-07-01, 11:27 AM
Once on the Bridge, Corran Sits at the Engineering console and go thought the pre-flight check list.

dauphinous
2008-07-01, 12:00 PM
Kera

Dropping down into her seat, Kera only goes through the routine pre-flight stuff in a half-assed sort of way. As long as there aren't any warning lights, that's good enough for a short hop like this. She opts for a straight-line, point A to point B, no frills ride, landing as close to the junkyard as possible without being in it. And goes probably faster than she should, given that she's still got a little bit of a buzz from the drinks. A cheap date she certainly is, and the ship veers a little bit until she makes an abrupt course correction to get back on track.

LarsWester
2008-07-01, 05:06 PM
Flick
Flick stores his personal items in his room and goes to place the fuel in the cargo bay containers. As he lifts the fuel he has to readjust his footing to avoid falling as Kera makes a quick course correction.
Great our pilot is a hotshot. Flick thinks to himself. What a way to avoid notice

lawful_evil
2008-07-02, 04:53 PM
Daine finds the astromech droid working on himself back in the engineering compartment. He's got his holo-recorder disassembled and seems to trying to realign the recording crystal matrix. The droid answers Daine's question, "1.03 meters", and continues to work.

Flick secures his fuel container in the cargo area using the restraining straps and hooks available.

Kera takes off flying nearly straight up until she clears the rim, then she guns it along the surface accelerating smoothly till the ship begins to vibrate from the atmospheric resistance. Not knowing exactly where this place is, she gains a bit of altitude so she has a chance of spotting it. That also as the effect of smoothing out the ride a bit.

After 3-4 minutes she spots what looks like a huge jagged capital ship sitting in a shallow depression. Heading in that direction, she finds that the 'ship' is actually a huge expanse of parts and nearly disassembled ships. Towards the center is an open area about 5 times as big as The Angry Mule. Towards west edge of clearing is a 'building' with a small line of smoke rising from it.

Upon approaching the junk piles a trio of landing beacons activate around the clearing beckoning the ship to land.

dauphinous
2008-07-02, 07:20 PM
Kera

Landing where she's supposed to with only a slight wobble to the drop, Kera starts giggling a little bit. "Okay, okay, okay, okay. This is not funny." And yet, she keeps giggling. "Right. Datapad. Has parts list. Hunting. Getting this taken care of." She smothers the giggles as best as she can and heads down the stairs. "Hey Daine," she calls out, then falls into serious giggles at the foot of the stairs on the upper level.

Santanya
2008-07-03, 10:28 AM
Daine

Daine chuckles softly at Nate. "Your sense of humor is returning I see," he says as he walk in and looks over the droid's work. "How are you doing overall? We haven't spent much time working on you of later, other than what you've done yourself, something we really should do some more of."

He waits a moment for Nate to respond, but turns as Kera calls, hearing her breaking out in giggles. He chuckles softly, patting the droid on the dome a couple times before turning and walking out. "Yes Capt'n?" he asks, a grin on his face as he checks his toolkit.

dauphinous
2008-07-03, 10:52 AM
Kera

She offers up the datapad to Daine and does what she can to stifle the giggles. "This everything *giggle* we need? Is *giggle* any of this stuff *giggle* unnecessary? I think I *giggle* need something to eat."

The list:
Parts for installation of new weapon
Supplies/parts to clean/overhaul weapons
Maintenance supplies/parts for hyperdrive
Parts for general repairs to one of the crew cabins
Supplies/parts for bridge console maintenance
Paint for touch-ups

lawful_evil
2008-07-04, 03:49 PM
While everyone gets ready to head out into the vast scrap pile, Trill finishes putting away the results of the shopping trip. Daine, no doubt, spots quite a few missing items from the drunken captain's list...

wiring assemblies
hydraulics for the landing gear
replacement hull plates/reinforced plates for the front of the ship.
bigger bed
computer interface modules
upgrade parts for updating the hyperdrive
upgrade parts for updating the ion drives
parts for main-power
nav-computer

When the ship opens its hatch to disembark, the crew finds a short Bith man with his large head and milky white skin and large black eyes. Beside him are 2 mismatched battle droids armed with light repeating blasters, aimed at the crew. The Bith say, "Ted jar'n core tis'nat. Fahai i'heel jar'n gre ickont eega grin." He gestures to the scrap piles, smiles and holds out his hand palm up.

dauphinous
2008-07-04, 08:10 PM
Kera

The task of entering additional items into the list is good for focusing Kera's attention, and she picks up a cup of water int he middle of it. With that down, she just has a silly grin plastered on her face by the time they open the cargo bay door. "You speak Basic?" <rodian>"Or maybe Rodian," <bothese>"Or Bothese?" She switches back to Basic. "I think we've got a few other languages on the ship if you have another choice."

Graybacca
2008-07-05, 07:41 AM
Corran having Said nothing up until now when he follow Kara's lead and asks, narir gar jorhaa'ir mando'a, <Huttese> or mayby Huttese, <in a barely understandable Shyiiwook> or maybe Shyiiwook.

Mando'a Translation: narir gar jorhaa'ir mando'a = Do you speak Mandalorian

lawful_evil
2008-07-05, 02:10 PM
Hearing the various tongues the crew could speak, none of which included the noble language of the Bith, the vendor's shoulders slump and he withdraws his hand. His voice takes on a more firm tone as he says in Galactic Basic, "200 Minosian credits per person. You can take whatever you can haul away by hand until the sun dips below the horizon."

Time :

Knowledge(World Lore) DC 20 to know that you've got about 9 and a half hours till sunset.
Flick gets a +5 to his check due to the length of time he has spent here.

Minosian Credits :

Knowledge(Business) DC 20 to know that is the standard currency in the Minosian Cluster... which is where you are.
Flick gets a +5 to his check due to the length of time he has spent here.

The best place to do a conversion is either a vendor who happens to accept both and is willing to trade(probably at a major spaceport), or through a government office, or via a holonet banking connection(available for a fee in most cities).

May be able trade too. The conversion rate is 87 galactic credits to 100 minosian credits. You'd have a rough idea of the conversion rate if you made either knowledge roll above.

Graybacca
2008-07-05, 02:27 PM
Knowledge(World Lore) [roll0]
Knowledge(Business) [roll1]

LarsWester
2008-07-06, 02:26 PM
Flick
Flick upon hearing that they have to sundown tries to gauge what time it is now by the position of the sun.
Knowledge (World Lore)for some reason the rolls just said roll0 so here's a second try [roll]1d20+8
He also tries to remember what the current exchange is between Galactic and Minosian credits. He also pauses thinking about if he ever placed a place that would most likely exchange the two.
Knowledge (Business)second try since the first one didn't work right. [roll]1d20+13

LarsWester
2008-07-06, 06:09 PM
Flick
After recalling the exchange rate between Galactic and Minosian credits. Flick starts making the Bith an offer.
We both know the exchange rate between Galactic standard and Minosian so could we give you a trifle more for your trouble of exchanging the credits later. Let's say 180 Galactic credits per person. That's handing you an extra 20 to 25 credits just to do the exchange yourself later. We would like to get to work finding what we need. Do we have a deal?
Diplomacy Check [roll0]

Graybacca
2008-07-06, 07:22 PM
((I'm not sure i can do a Aid another on a Diplomacy Check but here it is.))

Diplomacy Check [roll0]

Santanya
2008-07-07, 09:07 AM
Daine

Daine blinks a few times and leans closer to Kera, speaking softly. "Capt'n, the man in the wooden mask is trying to encourage diplomacy. He's starting to frighten me," he says, attempting to keep a straight face, but the corner of his mouth and eyebrow quirk upward slightly.

Daine, is of no help. I blame it on the fact the man just said that we had 9 hours to load his entire junkyard into our ship.

Diplomacy Assistance: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5741)

dauphinous
2008-07-07, 09:20 AM
Kera

All her effort taken up by not breaking into snickering at what Daine just said, Kera covers her mouth with one hand and nudges him in the side with her other elbow. She coughs lightly once and scratches the end of her nose. "We really just want to find what we need and get out of your way as quickly as possible."

Diplomacy Aid Another: [roll0]

Graybacca
2008-07-07, 10:40 AM
Corran gives Daine an annoyed look and starts grumbling about having to now go find some sand fleas.

lawful_evil
2008-07-08, 05:47 PM
The Bith ignores the teams personal comments and the man in the wooden mask as part of the strange and incomprehensible culture of human kind.

The Bith's hand goes up as if to wipe sweat from his large bald head then he wrings his hands together and says in common again, "From what I've seen on the holo-feeds, this Empire has been cracking down on non-member systems and squashing local currencies as a way to get the local governments in line. Its been getting really hard to exchange these credits for much of anything because people know they won't be able to exchange them back."

He nods to the droids which lower their weapons and walk off towards the single building. He then says, "I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a few Republic Credits hanging around, just in case.. but I might not be able to do anything with them. If we are going to exchange, we should go 1 for 1 to help cover my risk."

dauphinous
2008-07-08, 07:49 PM
Kera

Kera nods and pays the man. "Deal." Then she looks at Daine. "Stuff we need is higher priority than stuff you want. Other than that, your show. Try to keep the ship light enough it can still lift off." She grins.

Santanya
2008-07-10, 11:42 AM
Daine

"Ok, but I count two meters off the ground at full thrust as lifted off," he says as he grins back to Kera, turning and jogging into the ship. He gathers a few tools on then sets off down the ramp, grinning from ear to ear like a kid in a candy store.

Graybacca
2008-07-19, 03:22 PM
Corran also heads in side the ship to Get his tool and his pit Droid "Shorty" to help lugging any components Corran finds back to the ship, Corran then heads back to the ramp there he tells Kera, I'm going to take my droid "Shorty" with me to help carry any item's i find. if there is an item that he and i can't manage i'll give you a call on the comlink, with having said that Corran along with "shorty' in tow heads off into the distance and starts his search.

lawful_evil
2008-07-19, 05:25 PM
The team spends a long day searching in the wreckage for parts and pieces to turn the Angry Mule into the most profitable ship in the universe. Nate spends the time doing self repairs, configuring the power levels to his hydraulics and servos(repair 1 STR damage).

Kera's List :
Parts for installation of new weapon
Supplies/parts to clean/overhaul weapons
Maintenance supplies/parts for hyperdrive
Parts for general repairs to one of the crew cabins
Supplies/parts for bridge console maintenance
Paint for touch-ups

GM additions :
wiring assemblies
hydraulics for the landing gear
replacement hull plates/reinforced plates for the front of the ship.
bigger bed
computer interface modules
upgrade parts for updating the hyperdrive
upgrade parts for updating the ion drives
parts for main-power
nav-computer

Parts Found :
Ion Cannon Assemblage(4d10 Ion Damage, max rng Med) (no damage)
Proton Torpedo Launcher(no torpedos, launcher has slight damage)
Heavy Laser Cannon(5d8 damage, +4 to hit, range increment 30m) (no damage)
"Triple Blasters" (3d10 damage, +2 to hit, Max rng Short, weapon has some damage)
Weapon assembly parts for overhaul (general maintenance supplies)
Hyperdrive Parts (general maintenance supplies)
Hyperdrive optimization algorithm(droid upgrade program - 20% chance per jump to reduce multiplier from x5 to x3)
Parts for general repairs to one of the crew cabins (fix damage)
Supplies/parts for bridge console maintenance (fix damage)
Wiring assemblies (general maintenance supplies)
Hydraulics for the landing gear (Reduce the landing DC by 1)
Replacement hull plates (enough for 20 repair checks)
Reinforced Armor Plates (increase hull DR by +1)
Bigger bed (kera/daine)
Computer interface modules (general maintenance supplies)
Fuel Flow Modulators(+1 pilot checks in atmosphere)
Maintenance Parts for main-power (general maintenance supplies)
Sensor Post Processing Computer(+2 pilot checks to avoid collisions)

As the team gathers at sun-down with their last couple parts, Trill meets them with the loading ramp down and a table setup with food and drinks. The smell of food is mighty inviting and everyone begins to salivate as they approach.

As the team emerges from the piles of derelict ships, they notice that numerous scavengers and vermin are also closing on the ship and its fine smelling food. The scavengers, three 1-meter tall 'monkeys' with 4 arms and no legs and dark brown shaggy fur, approach from behind Trill, crawling along The Angry Mule itself. The vermin, 16 large rat like creatures grouped into 2 swarms cautiously approach from the edge of junk towards the open cargo hatch.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Junk1.png)

{{ Please Roll Initiative / Declare Actions }}

Graybacca
2008-07-19, 08:45 PM
Initiative [roll0]

Once spotting the danger Corran Shouts a warning, Till watch out there's some creatures coming toward you from behind the side of the ship, As he also moves forward to (AB-24) he also drew his blaster pistol and takes a hastily aimed shot at the monkeys on the side of the ship.

attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

dauphinous
2008-07-20, 07:43 AM
Kera

Shouting to hopefully be heard by everyone, Kera shifts her grip on her final prize of the day and pulls her blaster. "Into the ship! Defend it from inside, not outside!" She keeps moving, taking a shot as soon as she can line one up.

Init: 5 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5801) (I entered the wrong mod, it should be +3, not 4)
Move action to get closer to the ship, pull blaster as part of move.
Shoot at whatever is closest (to hit, damage): 23, 20 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5802)
Oh, heck. Forgot the -2 for the arm. So, that's 21 to hit, not 23.

LarsWester
2008-07-21, 03:50 PM
Flick
Whatever you say Captain. Flick pulls out his blaster and moves towards the Mule. He takes a shot into the closest swarm of rat beasts.
Initiative [roll0] Attack [roll1] Damage [roll2]

Santanya
2008-07-22, 02:50 AM
Daine

Daine's revelry of the finds is broken quickly as the situation unfolds before them. He begins to move towards the Mule, drawing he large blaster from his holster and taking aim at one of the larger scavengers on the hull of the ship and firing.

Initiative:1D20+2 = [1]+2 = 3 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5808)
Moving to AM-22, staying out of range of S3 and drawing

Shooting at S3
Attack:1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5808)
Damage:3D8+2 = [5, 3, 6]+2 = 16 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5808)

lawful_evil
2008-07-22, 08:06 PM
Round 1

Finally seeing the swarms, Trill steps back a few steps from the food, content to let them have it. Too late he thinks about closing the hatch as one of the 4 armed monkeys swing into the bay right next to the cargo door controls.

The other vermin and scavengers move in towards the food when they don't meet any resistance. Then the resistance comes. Corran opens up, firing warning shots around the scavenger on the side of the ship(S2). Flick follows the same tactic. The net effect of their shots it corralling the beasts into the ship, not scaring them away. Kera and Daine reverse that a bit, shooting at and hitting the beasts. Kera takes out one of the monkey creatures on the side of the ship, while Daine blasts one of the vermin swarms, killing several of the little buggers.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Junk2.png)

Initiative :

Vermin1 - 19
Trill - 17
Scavenger1 - 14
Scavenger2 - 14
Scavenger3 - 10
Vermin2 - 9
Corran - 8
Flick - 5
Kera - 5
Daine - 3

Foes :

Scavengers L2: S(8) D(15) C(11) I(3) W(10) H(1),
VP : 6, 0, 10 WP : 11, -1, 11 Defense : 15 (+1 size, +2 natural, +2 dex)
Attacks : Claw +0(1d2-1), Claw +0(1d2-1), Claw +0(1d2-1), Claw +0(1d2-1), Bite +0(1d4-1)

Vermin Swarm L3 : S(10) D(13) C(7) I(1) W(15) H(2),
VP : 0, 4 WP : 4, 7 Defense : 15 (+4 natural, +1 dex)
Attacks : Bite +4(1d6)

dauphinous
2008-07-22, 08:15 PM
Kera

"Dammit." Kera lines up another shot, going for whatever's closest. "Shoot to kill, not to scare. They're scavengers. Trill, get inside and shut the door to the rest of the ship!"

Shoot! Preferably at a target within 10 meters. Move to make it so if necessary.
To hit, damage: 11, 12 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5811)
PBS included.

Graybacca
2008-07-22, 10:10 PM
Roger That Captain. Corran moves forward to (AF-24), so he can get a better shot at one of the creatures that got aboard the ship, Corran aims and fire on the creature (S1).

[roll0]
[roll1]

Santanya
2008-07-23, 06:15 AM
Daine takes another shot and does his best to move towards and into the ship.

Attack/Damge: 16/11 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5812)

LarsWester
2008-07-23, 11:00 AM
Flick
Try to hit them she says. What does she think I was trying to do?
Flick moves himself to where he can fire on the swarm closest to the captain on an angle where if he misses he won't accidentally hit her. Once gets to the right location he points his blaster and squeezes the trigger. Man do I hate firing these bloody things
move to AK-24
[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage
according to the map my target is V2

lawful_evil
2008-07-23, 05:02 PM
Round 2

The mound of vermin near Flick smell yummy yummy flesh on his bones and swarm towards him, biting and nipping at him. One of the monkey-like scavengers swings past the food table grabbing three handfuls of food and then moving to the far edge of the loading ramp. Trill backs up, shutting the airlock door at the far end of the cargo bay with a resounding thud.

The other remaining monkey beast bounds past the food grabbing numerous handfuls before taking cover against the far wall. The second mound a vermin follow the lead of the first and swarms up to Flick Nodbucket.

Corran move towards the ship, firing at the bounding monkey creature, barely missing. Flick, surround by interstellar vermin, starts blasting away and dissolves one mound. Kera, her line of fire blocked by Corran, move to fire at the one in the ship. Still, her shot goes wide, missing the beast. Daine, his path to the ship blocked by vermin and Scavengers, fires gaining a glancing blow on one of the monkey creatures.

The monkey creature just hit by Daine, bounds over to him slashing and biting. At the same time, the creature Kera shot at rushes over slashing at her and Corran while the Vermin pile near Flick bites and nips at him.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/Junk3.png)

Initiative :

Adjusted things so that the players go first(which means the NPC's went 'twice' this round.

Corran - 8
Flick - 5
Kera - 5
Daine - 3

Vermin1 - 19
Trill - 17
Scavenger1 - 14
Scavenger2 - 14
Scavenger3 - 10
Vermin2 - 9

Foes :

Scavengers L2: S(8) D(15) C(11) I(3) W(10) H(1),
VP : 0, 0, 10 WP : 5, -1, 11 Defense : 15 (+1 size, +2 natural, +2 dex)
Attacks : Claw +0(1d2-1), Claw +0(1d2-1), Claw +0(1d2-1), Claw +0(1d2-1), Bite +0(1d4-1)

Vermin Swarm L3 : S(10) D(13) C(7) I(1) W(15) H(2),
VP : 0, 0 WP : 4, -5 Defense : 15 (+4 natural, +1 dex)
Attacks : Bite +4(1d6)

Attacks :

Vermin1 attacks Flick, hitting Def 13, dealing 2 VP damage.
Vermin2 attacks Flick, hitting Def 19, dealing 1 VP damage.
Vermin1 attacks Flick, hitting Def 9.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 18, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 4.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 19, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 13.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 12.
Scavenger 2 attacks Corran, hitting Def 7.
Scavenger 2 attacks Corran, hitting Def 18, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 2 attacks Kera, hitting Def 10.
Scavenger 2 attacks Kera, hitting Def 19, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 2 attacks Kera, hitting Def 6.

Graybacca
2008-07-23, 06:52 PM
Corran Not deterred in the least by the creatures attack, returns the favor with two shots of his own.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

dauphinous
2008-07-23, 07:12 PM
Kera

"Dammit! F---ing arm is f---ing messing me up and it's f---ing pissing me off! Stupid f--- had to f---ing break it in the first f---ing place, and now I'm stuck being f---ed up for who the f--- knows how f---ing long and I'm f---ing tired of this f---ed up-" She cuts herself off, channeling the energy towards shooting instead of shouting.

She's a little upset. Just a smidge.
Shoot S3, or whatever's closest.
To hit, damage: 20, 17 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5823)

LarsWester
2008-07-24, 03:07 PM
Flick
GET THEM OFF ME! They're crawling all over me. Flick starts blasting away at the numerous creatures biting him all over.
[roll0] Attack [roll1]

Santanya
2008-07-25, 03:46 PM
Daine

Daine winces slightly as the creature scratches at him, leaving large slashes across his skin. He steps back and fires at it attempting to down the aggressive beast.

Attack: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5834)
Damage: 3D8+2 = [3, 7, 5]+2 = 17 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5834)

These things are making the stun resistance of a DC 18 blaster?

lawful_evil
2008-07-25, 06:01 PM
Round 3

Corran begins clicking off blaster rounds like they are going out of style. Sadly, his shots all miss the agile little creature. With a Flick of the wrist, Flick fires a barrage of blaster energy into the swarm of vermin killing hundreds and dissipating the swarm. Kera fires her blaster at the furry little scavenger right in front of her. Her shot clips the beast sending the smell of burnt fur into the air.

Daine fires at the bouncy little monkey creature standing before him. His shot is a moment too slow and the creature hops out of the way. It slashes at Daine with its claw as it bounds away with its bounty of stolen food stuffs. The scavenger near Kera and Corran follows a similar hit and run tactic, slashing at Kera before bounding out of sight into the junk piles.

Attacks :

Round 2
Vermin1 attacks Flick, hitting Def 13, dealing 2 VP damage.
Vermin2 attacks Flick, hitting Def 19, dealing 1 VP damage.
Vermin1 attacks Flick, hitting Def 9.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 18, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 4.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 19, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 13.
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 12.
Scavenger 2 attacks Corran, hitting Def 7.
Scavenger 2 attacks Corran, hitting Def 18, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 2 attacks Kera, hitting Def 10.
Scavenger 2 attacks Kera, hitting Def 19, dealing 1 VP damage.
Scavenger 2 attacks Kera, hitting Def 6.

Round 3
Scavenger 3 attacks Kera, hitting Def 18, dealing 2 VP damage
Scavenger 1 attacks Daine, hitting Def 15, deailing 1 VP damage

{{ No visible foes. }}

LarsWester
2008-07-25, 06:53 PM
Flick
Wiping guts and burnt fur off his clothes, Flick turns to Kera. Well that was bit interesting. Should we give chase? Flick then glances down at the numerous scratches he sustained.

Graybacca
2008-07-25, 07:22 PM
In frustration from not hitting a thing he's aimed at he yells after the scavenger, Haar'chak! Get back here you di'kutla kyorla hut'uun so i can fracking shot you!!!, But once its clear that there gone for good Corran turns and heads back to the ship.

kyorla --- rotten
Haar'chak! --- Damn it!
di'kutla --- stupid
hut'uun --- coward

dauphinous
2008-07-25, 07:41 PM
Kera

They disperse and Kera holsters her blaster. She is angry, and it shows, but she glares without any additional shouting. "No, we're not gonna chase them. We're gonna take our goodies and go, because we don't give a crap if they attack someone else later." She heads into the ship. "C'mon, let's get scarce."

LarsWester
2008-07-26, 12:20 AM
Flick
Right! Load up the goods and get into space. Where exactly are we heading Boss? Hey Daine do you need any help with that gear?

lawful_evil
2008-07-26, 11:21 AM
The sound of blaster fire fade into the past, Trill's voice comes out of the speaker in the cargo bay, "Captain? You there?"

dauphinous
2008-07-26, 01:35 PM
Kera

Hitting the button on the wall to speak back to Trill, Kera says, "Yes, and we're leaving. Open up." She tries to keep the recrimination out of her voice and words. Trill was only trying to be nice and had no idea the food would attract things. "Let's keep the meals in the galley from now on," she says, as diplomatically as possible. If no one else does it, she gets the cargo bay door shut before heading up to the bridge to get the ship back into the sky.

"We're leaving this little backwater hole to find your friend," she tells Flick.

lawful_evil
2008-07-26, 05:20 PM
Trill opens the hatch and his head hanging down. He then says in a dejected voice, "I thought it might be nice to get a last breath of fresh air before we are shut in for a couple days." With that Trill begins hauling the unmolested food up to the galley while everyone else boards.

dauphinous
2008-07-26, 06:55 PM
Kera

"It's okay, Trill. It was a nice thought." Kera does not, at this time, bother to stow her gun. She does stop on her way up the stairs to call out, "Nate, we're astrogating shortly. Haul your metal self up to the bridge."

As everyone already knows they're heading upwards shortly, she doesn't bother to make an announcement about it. Dropping herself into her seat, she starts powering the ship up and lifts off as soon as it is ready to do so. With the full knowledge that the cargo bay is currently full of loose ship parts, she takes it smooth and easy. Hardly any point to wrecking the stuff they just spent hours scavenging.

Graybacca
2008-07-27, 09:45 AM
Corran follows Kera up and sits down and man's the comm shields, and sensor board just in case, One in space and on there way to there destination, Corran turns and say, I'm going down to the cargo bay and see what i can fix of the weapons we found so they'll be ready to install when we land, that is if you want them installed then. with that Corran goes to the cargo bay and gets to work, he starts with the Proton Torpedo Launcher first he then moves on to the "Triple Blasters".

Repair Proton Torpedo Launcher [roll0]
Repair Proton Torpedo Launcher [roll1]

Repair "Triple Blasters" [roll2]
Repair "Triple Blasters" [roll3]

Santanya
2008-07-28, 09:53 AM
Daine

Daine curses slightly, his blaster following the shadow of the creature til he can't see it. He moves quickly to the cargo bay, hitting the close button as the last of them step foot on the end of the ramp up.

He follows the others into the ship. "Don't you dare take off til we scan the ship," he yells up to Kera. "I don't want to carry who knows what else up with us that the blasted... didn't tell us about," growls as he makes his way to the bridge and drops into the sensors console and begins every scan of every inch of the ship that he can.

Computer Use: 1D20+14 = [11]+14 = 25 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5866)

lawful_evil
2008-07-28, 05:11 PM
Daine messes around with the scanner for a while, but with all the metal debris in the area, he is unable to get a clear reading of outside the ship, much less inside the ship(where the sensors are not aimed).

Corran begins to inventory the parts on hand and realizes there are no proton torpedoes to go with the launcher. The repairs will also take some specialized parts, some of which you already had on the ship and some of which you now have on hand.

{{ Does Corran have tools or will he be using Daine's set of tools(which Nate is already using? }}

Graybacca
2008-07-28, 07:09 PM
((Corran has a tool kit in his utility belt, dose that count.))

Corran Takes his tool kit off his utility belt and dose what work he can.

Santanya
2008-07-29, 11:28 AM
Daine

"Fine, fine," Daine says as he sits back unhappily at the console. "WHY are there no internal sensors?" he asks no one in particular as he nods to Kera to release her from him holding the ship there any longer.

dauphinous
2008-07-29, 12:31 PM
Kera

"Perfect, she ain't. Ours, she is." Kera smirks as she gets the ship into the air.

Whenever it get to be that time, Kera's Astrogation check: 33 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=5873)
Expecting Nate to be assisting.

lawful_evil
2008-07-30, 04:07 PM
Kera launches the ship gently so as not to disturb the huge pile of junk in the cargo area and cause an avalanche that buries Corran. Once in orbit she summons the ever helpful Nate. He arrives and the duo plot a spectacular course to Duros shaving nearly 3 days from the expected travel time. Still it will be 10 days and 5 hours before the ship drops out of hyperspace.

dauphinous
2008-07-30, 04:39 PM
Kera

"Ten days? Dang. Well, we could kind of use the time. And we have that much food." She is just thinking out loud, heedless of Nate's presence. "It would mean that much longer for my arm to heal the rest of the way without something happening. And lots of the stuff we just scavenged could be repaired. We better make enough to make the ship payment on these stupid salts, though." Kera hits the ship's PA.

"Gentlemen, we will be making the jump into hyperspace in a few. As a note, the jump will take 10 days and some change."

Then she pulls the levers to send the ship into hyperspace. She sits up in the chair for a little bit, watching the stars turn into the lines, then zip by. It's relaxing.

LarsWester
2008-07-31, 12:38 AM
Flick
Wow 10 days. That's alot of downtime. Daine or Corran would either of you like some assistance with the repair work your doing. I really would like to learn more. And you both seem very accomplished at it. You could probably teach me a lot.

Graybacca
2008-07-31, 09:14 AM
Sure kid you can help me out, i'll tech you as much as i can in the time we have. Once Flick is ready Corran begins his 10 day Course in the world of Mechanics. Corran takes his time on the repairs he performs so he can explain what hes doing, how hes doing it and why he doing it.

((Corran is takeing his time so i'll take 20 with a +10 modifier for a total of 30))

Santanya
2008-07-31, 09:44 AM
Daine

Daine chuckles softly as he unstraps himself and stands up. He smiles to Kera, "Provided of course, we get to make the trip smoothly," he says, then winks to her. "I'm going to head down and go through what we picked up. We may end up with a little extra room at night even." He squeezes the shoulder of her good arm once as he pulls out his datapad, then heads down towards the bay to get to work stowing and sorting things out.

He tends to work seperately from Corran and Flick, letting them go through things together while he knocks out as many of the things as he can. He never refuses Kera's help when she wants to though.

dauphinous
2008-07-31, 10:00 AM
Kera

"I'm gonna catch a nap. I'll be down to help out later." Kera stays sitting, staring out at the stars for about ten minutes, then heads in to bed, looking to just take a catnap for now.

Santanya
2008-08-01, 12:05 AM
Daine

Daine nods as he starts down from the bridge. "Expect to be interrupted, that's one of the first things on the list," he says, winking to Kera as he disappears down the ladder.

dauphinous
2008-08-01, 06:19 AM
Kera

Mildly confused by Daine's statement, Kera shifts gears to follow Daine down to the cargo hold. "You need help with it? Whatever 'it' might happen to be?"

lawful_evil
2008-08-04, 06:08 AM
10 days later

Nate was now as fully functional as he was going to get. Daine installed a new hyperspace algorithm patch during his last 100 hour power-up period. Corran had the weapons as functional as he could test without torpedoes and without blowing a hole in the side of the ship. Kera upgrades her own blaster for the first couple days.

{{ Works on Corran's blaster rifle after that? What upgrade though? }}

Trill managed to produce meals which brought the crew together several times a day for conversation and a rest from the constant sound of hammering and fusion torches and such.

With only 30 minutes left on the hyperspace clock, Trill has prepared a last meal before the team arrives in Duros. With most of the fresh fruits and veggies gone, the meals have become more bland, but this one is an exception. Still no veggies, but lots of spice, this meal smells wonderful. Admittedly, that soup looks like sewage, but it smells really nice.

dauphinous
2008-08-04, 06:47 AM
Kera

Once the repairs got going in earnest, Kera became much more cheerful. Despite being stuck in the job of Captain, space was home to her, as much as anyplace was. It could only be better if she was on her father's ship, something that was - as far as she knew - impossible. Next best thing was her own ship. Part hers, anyway.

She did the math on the money more than once, figuring out how much they needed to make to get that payment taking care of a couple of times, just to be sure she had the numbers right and on the tip of her tongue. If they didn't make enough to cover it plus incidentals on this salt, they'd have to come up with something pretty quickly. Time was running out on that clock. Somehow, she rather doubted they had a grace period for it.

Kera picks up a few tools that ended up on the floor during Daine's most recent expedition into the bowels of the ship, putting them away where they belong. "Smells great, Trill. You make miracles with food." She takes a bowl, giving the soup a skeptical look, but shrugs and fills it up. Food is for eating, not looking at.

Graybacca
2008-08-04, 09:43 AM
10 days later
{{ Works on Corran's blaster rifle after that? What upgrade though? }}

((Well if i was to work on my blaster rifle i guess i would increased range increment, but i might also try to finish up work on the Blast helmet i was working on.))

Corran satisfied with all the work he's got done in the last two weeks (10 day), Corran sits at the table and takes a bowl of soup and digs in, the soups look dose not even faze him as hes eaten stuff that looked worst an only tasted about 4% as good, Trill, this soup is great, after finishing his first bowl he takes a second bowl.

Santanya
2008-08-04, 10:09 AM
Daine

Daine emerges from the bowels of the ship, slightly dirty, but very happy. The last few days was work he was happy to do and especially when it made everything easier. "Smells great, Trill," he says as he passes through the common area. He heads into the lavatory closing the door behind him.

He emerges a few minutes later, much cleaner but no less happy. He sits down next to Kera and digs in. The soup didn't bother him that much. So long as it didn't taste like what it looked like, it wasn't worth the possibility of making Trill unhappy. Besides, its tastes good. He eats happily as he listens and talks with the others.

"Once we land, there's a few hours of work to do. The main computer systems need to come down for at least four hours, the landing gear hydraulics need work, and we need to mount the weapons of our choice. I wouldn't mind sticking the blasters we have up in the forward mounts and the Ion Cannon and Triple blasters in the back. We fight runnin' away, not head on."

dauphinous
2008-08-04, 10:36 AM
Kera

Nodding along as Daine explains, Kera considers how best to handle the issue. "Well, I can go with Flick to meet his contact and Corran can stay with you and the ship. I don't want to leave you working here without a big gun watching your back. We need to pick up some work here, too. High priority."

Graybacca
2008-08-04, 12:32 PM
OK captain, i do have a question where would you like the torpedo launcher installed up front or on the aft section as a last resort escape plan. and were going to need to find are self some torpedoes.

dauphinous
2008-08-04, 12:57 PM
Kera

"We can't afford torpedoes right now. Getting the other stuff taken care of is more important. We could consider selling it. I don't really think it's worthwhile to have it mounted as an 'escape option', and it will probably take a lot of ship modification to make it work that way, anyway. Bottom line: either it's tabled for now and sits in the cargo hold, taking up space, or we find a buyer and get rid of it."

Graybacca
2008-08-04, 02:35 PM
OK captain i can see your point the other weapons should be are focus, so I'm willing to table the torpedo launcher for the future, i believe the launcher is something we should keep for now but the ultimate Decision is up to you.

Santanya
2008-08-05, 10:13 AM
Daine

Daine nods. "Have to agree with her," he says. "We're a cargo ship, not a fighter or destroyer. It would be nice, but we don't have that kind of money to blow on something that might or might not hit." He shrugs slightly and continues eating. "Besides, its worth quite a bit really, could be a ship payment sitting there."

dauphinous
2008-08-05, 11:29 AM
Kera

"I'm willing to hold off on a decision, at least until we see how much we can get for the salts. If it's not enough, but we can find another quick job right away that will cover any shortfall, then I don't see we have to actually decide any time soon.

I feel like asking if anyone has a preference about what kinds of jobs we do. We can look to focus on passengers, or on freight. Either will probably net us good money if we specialize towards it. I'm not sure which way I prefer. Cargo means cargo owners, lots of times. Passengers means, well, passengers.""

Graybacca
2008-08-05, 04:08 PM
Well Cargo's a lot easier to look after, But i say we do a light mix we focus on cargo, but as long as we have a spare passenger cabin or two, we only take passengers as long as there going in the same general direction we are.

lawful_evil
2008-08-05, 04:45 PM
Trill starts collecting bowls and plates as everyone finishes up. Flick says, "Well, Boss, I'll need to use the comms to get ahold of my contact once we get out of hyperspace. I've got his coordinates .. but they are a couple years old. He's probably moved up to a nicer place by now."

Flick examines the salt shaker on the table and says, "Last time I dealt with him, I had to send him the scans of the goods. He gave me a quote and after we landed I negotiated the final price."

Flick then looks at Corran and says, "This is closer to the core of the Empire. The chance of us getting inspected is probably 100 times greater than out in the outer rim. Not sure what your game plan is for them weapons. Seems to depend on the mood and profit margin of the local governor... sometimes you get slapped with a registration fee for the weapons. Other times they don't care. Sometimes they just confiscate them."

Flick continues, "Anyway.. Duro was pretty devastated during the Clone Wars a few years back. They import just a huge amount of stuff. We may do better taking orders to fill rather than trying to find stuff to export. Although I do expect quite a few locals might be willing to leave.. assuming they can get travel papers."

Graybacca
2008-08-05, 06:26 PM
Yeah speaking of trivial documents we should probably start looking for some one that can alter mine so we dont have to worry so much about bounty hunters coming after my or any one that happen to be accompany me

dauphinous
2008-08-06, 09:54 AM
Kera

Looking at Corran, Kera says flatly, "We can't afford it right now. Keep your face covered and stick near the ship when you can. Anybody asks, use a fake name. Best I can offer until we have more cash." Kera pauses, a little surprised that she is actually considering how to keep him safe. Like he was actually a friend already. She shrugs to herself, though, and plows on to addressing Flick. Ten days in hyperspace can make you a little loony.

"We have a scan to send him already. I'll get that for you when you need it. I think we can probably take locals who have less than stellar legality regarding their ability to leave, if someone can hook us up with them."

lawful_evil
2008-08-06, 11:07 AM
As Kera finishes her sentence, the alarm on the hyperspace drive goes off indicating less than a minute till the ship drops back into realspace.

Graybacca
2008-08-06, 11:26 AM
OK captain, says Corran, At the sound of the alarm Corran gets up and Heads up to the bridge

LarsWester
2008-08-07, 05:36 PM
Flick
Flick pulls Corran aside and whispers to him.
Let me see those documents that you need altering I might be able to do something to them.
He then turns to catch up with Kera.
You know Captain I am slightly skilled in the editing and creating of certain documents. You want me to quickly work up some permits for the weapons. There's an added risk factor in that if the document isn't very good it will probably land us in deeper trouble.

Graybacca
2008-08-07, 06:08 PM
Corran whispers back, I need to set up a alternate Identity, i have a bounty on my head, for some thing i did not steal. Before Continuing on up to the Bridge when the time comes Corran will drop them out of Hyperspace.

dauphinous
2008-08-07, 06:36 PM
Kera

"Iiiiinteresting. How long does it take to create them? Do you need some kind of sample to work with or anything?" Kera talks to Flick while she heads up the stairs to the bridge. It's clear Corran would like to handle the ship from the way he's all but jumped and scrambled up there. The unfortunate thing about his want is that Kera can't stand watching someone else do her job.

"Don't you put your ass in my seat," she says to Corran's back, walking up not far behind him. She says it with a smirk, playful mock warning in her voice. When she gets up there, she takes her seat, sliding into it like it's the most comfortable place in the entire galaxy. Which, in a way, it is.

Graybacca
2008-08-07, 06:56 PM
Corran smirks himself as he Replies, I wasn't captain i was going to do it from the Copilots chair as it seem more conferable to me.

lawful_evil
2008-08-08, 07:42 PM
As Flick hauls himself up the ladder to the bridge, the ship drops out of hyperspace. Ah, the Duros system... and it's primary planet Duro. Not the pretty blue-green planet from your history classes. No, now the planet is mostly orange and red.

In orbit are two star destroyers and a dozen or so light cruisers. There isn't much traffic in the star system at all except the official imperial ships. As Flick fires up the comm system and message from the port side Star Destroyer comes in.

"Captain, as of this moment, the imperial navy is commandeering your vessel for a massive rescue effort. Due to continued radioactive fallout, the planet is being evacuated. You are ordered to dump all cargo and land at this coordinates." << coordinates >> "There you are to pick up 200 refugees and take them to the Corellia system for resettlement, at which time you will be reimbursed for your cargo and time."

dauphinous
2008-08-08, 08:12 PM
Kera

"Like hell we will," Kera snarls, all traces of amusement evaporated. She turns to start astrogating a new course to...someplace else when she rather suddenly realizes the charts are all 10 days old. It'll take a damned miracle to get anywhere with them. "Oh, hell." She lets out a really annoyed breath through her nose and taps out a quick and dirty course to Corellia, checking the rough time for the jump. "That cannot possibly be right. It's gotta be these damn charts." She turns back and glares out the viewport as she steers the ship to the indicated coordinates.

"Okay, we can't get out of this. Our stupid charts are too old. And they'll probably find us wherever we go anyway and blow us up. Not my idea of a good time. Flick, tell them we have minimal cargo and won't need to drop anything to accommodate that many people, and that we need fresh charts. Corran and Daine, we gotta get that freaking torpedo launcher covered, moved, or something. You have until we land. I'll fly slow. It'll be a stretch, but somehow, I'll manage."

Graybacca
2008-08-08, 09:51 PM
Right captain I'm on it. Corran Quickly goes to the latter and slides down the rails to the deck below, once his feet hist the deck Corran shouts Daine help me move the Torpedo launcher out of site, Trill we need some thing to cover the torpedo launcher with. Corran with the others help he moves the launcher to back of the bay to one side where he coves it and if there's time he'll move some of the other salvaged components on and around the launcher to help disguise it. Once done he heads back up to the bridge and says, It's done captain.

Santanya
2008-08-10, 01:59 PM
Daine

Daine points towards the door to the interior of the ship. "Lets just stick it in the fore cabin for now," he says as they move to the launcher. "No point in leaving it out here where someone might happen on it," he says. "Just take some leverage to life it through."

"We'll need you down here keeping an eye on people anyways, keeping that charming face of your covered and in armor so they don't get any ideas," he says with a slight chuckle, nodding towards Corran.

Graybacca
2008-08-10, 03:37 PM
yes definitely don't want some where they don't belong and definitely don't want any on recognizing me ether, and make all are lives any more difficult than it already is.

LarsWester
2008-08-11, 01:29 PM
Flick
Flick stalls for as long as possible before answering the comm system.
We are carrying minimal cargo so a cargo drop and reimbursement will not be necessary. However, we are coming from a long journey and will need updated star charts to make any hyperspace trips. Flick continues talking on the comm making Kera's slow approach seem more natural. Also have you made any provision for food for these refuges? We were hoping to purchase some on the surface.
Continuing to buy more time on the comm.
You mentioned that we would be reimbursed for our time. I'd like to get an idea what you think our time is worth. How much pay are we talking here?

lawful_evil
2008-08-11, 06:39 PM
An imperial officer appears on the view screen and says, "Do not concern yourself with food. It is taken care of. Everything on the surface is toxic. For the safety of your crew, do not purchase anything or attempt to load any cargo while on the surface." He motions to someone off screen and then says, "The hyperspace route is being transmitted. You will be reimbursed at government cargo rates."

LarsWester
2008-08-12, 04:54 AM
Flick
Flick turns to Kera what is governmental cargo rates? Most my work has been nongovernmental variety.
Turn back to the comm
I hear you about the food and goods from the planets surface. What exactly is the current governmental cargo rate? We more deal with private charter flights then cargo goods.

dauphinous
2008-08-12, 06:22 AM
Kera

Kera shrugs lightly. "No idea. Never worked for the government. They sound like real charmers, though. And the wily bastards just sent us a course, not charts. Guess they're not as stupid as they seem sometimes."

lawful_evil
2008-08-12, 07:31 AM
The officer, obviously becoming impatient says, "You would have to inquire with the Office of Imperial Finance for more information." Not seeing the ship making much progress towards the planet, he comes back on the comms and says, "Begin your landing sequence or we will board your ship."

dauphinous
2008-08-12, 08:56 AM
Kera

Hearing the threat, Kera mutters, "yeah, yeah, we're moving," and speeds up a little bit, but not much. "Tell them we're having a minor problem with our conventional drive and we're trying to take it easy to prevent further damage. It isn't affecting our hyperspace engines, and our engineer is working on it already. Ah, should be fixed within the hour, not that it's any of their damn business, and no, we don't need any help with it. Minor problem. And if they ask what it is, tell them you're not the engineer."

LarsWester
2008-08-12, 02:05 PM
Flick
Hearing what Kera says decides how best to convey that information.
Copy that. We are trying our best to comply. We are traveling as fast as we can as our conventional drive engines are experience partial failure. Our engineer assures me he is working on the issue and it would have no affect on hyperspace travel. We will proceed towards your coordinates to the best of our ability.
bluff [roll0]

lawful_evil
2008-08-12, 05:07 PM
The officer comes back on the commlink, "Classic stalling tactic. Oh, look at that, the computer has selected you for a random inspection." He motions with his hand towards someone off screen and then he says, "Slow to docking speed and prepare to be boarded."

Ah ha! A battle of wits with the Mid-Level Imperial Officer.
[roll0]

{{ Sensors show a pair of Imperial Light Cruisers moving out of orbit towards The Angry Mule. }}