PDA

View Full Version : First Try [IC]

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-06, 02:43 AM
Having come to Ephesus, the only place to stay is "The Silver Stag" where the rooms are suitable but not comfortable either. The only inn for miles this has been a good place to rest up for a few days while restocking to continue on journeys between the major cities of the land.

You all are going to start here, you can decide why you have come but it is the only city for quite a ways.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-06, 10:11 AM
Lee

Lee smiled serenely as he looked upon the small town. Reminds me of home, he thought to himself. He emerged slowly from the forest to the northwest.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-06, 01:14 PM
8 hours into my forced march, I heard something up ahead. I lifted my head to see if it was some sort of forest ambush, and I see a town. That's it, I'm never going on a random forest adventure again! I enter from what is appearantly the east side of town. I notice a fair size building which I conclude should be an inn, and I enter. I plop down in a chair near the entrance, very tired from the day's marching.
I hear my stomach growl, and think to myself I sure hope they have good food here.

The Cats
2008-04-06, 02:56 PM
Awakening from his slumber atop a pile of moss just outside the village of Ephesus, Joshua took a moment to collect his thoughts. So, here I am. Hopefully one of these villagers can provide some information as to where the "Shrine of The Deepwoods" lies.
He gathered his things into his backpack and walked into Ephesus fromt he northwest, noticing another traveller, obviously a ranger of some sort, heading in the same direction. Hail traveler! My name is Joshua. What brings you to Ephesus?"

Sensate
2008-04-06, 03:27 PM
Children were gathered by the river bank not far from the town. They appeared to had found something; you could hear the murmur of their feeble voices, occasionally interrupted by the cries of the ones impatient to make action.
"Poke it, try to flip it around!"
"Leave the poor thing alone, how would YOU feel if I flipped YOU around with a stick while you were in that condition?"
"Who cares, it's just an animal! BESIDES, I can do whatever I LIKE. My father always said I shouldn't anyone to tell me what to do, especially not one such as yourself...baker's kid."
"What gives you the right to decide who's right and who's wrong?"
The chubby kid approached the sparrow. He looked down on it, smiling as it was struggling in pain - one of it's wings were injured.
"Enough, do shut up already. It's time to end this...<to himself> haha, I always wanted to say that."
The sparrow had managed to flip around and fly a short distance away just in time to avoid being crushed by the little boy's boot. He lost balance as he missed and ended up knee-deep in the mud.
"Awwwgh, look what you made me do you ugly thing..."
"I didn't do anything", said the girl, "you got what you deserved."
"EAAAAAAA, first I'll KILL that stupid bird and then I'll show you." He picked up a pebble that was lying nearby and crawled to the bird that was a few feet away from him now. The boy's lifted his hand up rapidly, ready to strike.
"That won't be necessary, put it down."
"I", mumbled the boy, "...okay. I wasn't going to hurt her anyway, honest."
"A-ha-ha-hah. Do not be scared child, I'm no monster. I'm not here to hurt anyone, but neither should you. Trust me, there would be no pleasure in harming a powerless sparrow."
"That's what I told him too sir", snapped the girl,"...he-"
"Now now, do not waste your childhood away fighting and arguing - you should be doing something more constructive, like playing a game all together, or helping your family - I am sure there is plenty of work to be found in the fields. Allow me to take care of your little friend"
Finrod crouched down and lifted the bird up.
"There. And now I have a question for one of you."
"Oh, I could help ye sir", volunteered the girl. "What is it you need to know?"
"Very kind of you. My question is all too simple...where am I? What is the name of that town you came from?"

And so Finrod found out he was close to Ephesus, a remote town tucked deep in the forest unknown to him. Naturally, he headed straight to the inn - the soul of every village, town, city or...well, habitable location.

[Hopefully that wasn't too much for a single post, I got carried away.]

drengnikrafe
2008-04-06, 03:56 PM
The inn didn't have too many people in it, so when a slightly unusual looking fellow entered, I noticed him right away.
He looked like he didn't quite belong here, what with his shining blue eyes and pointed ears. Wait, pointed ears... that's a telltale sign of an elf! And elves live for hundreds of years, so he must know a whole bunch of awesome stuff. I thought to myself.
Dispite my moderate fear of his imposing looking armor, and the weapon that was mounted on his back, I approached him, eager to learn from somebody who was probably years ahead of me in knowledge.
Hello, sir, can I interest you in a drink, and maybe a chat?

Sensate
2008-04-06, 04:17 PM
As he was sitting at the bar, slightly aggravated by the innkeeper that wasn't very eager to take his order, a friendly looking man approached Finrod, offering to buy him a drink. Clearly the young fellow was feeling right at home in this environment, despite his age. His face looked inexperienced, but filled with life and optimism.
"You're not from around here either are you? What brings you to these parts? But wait, how rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself: Finrod Dunen - fighter, traveller, philosopher, mercenary, planewalker and whatnot. Say, you have the look of an adventurer on your face and we're days away from any major settlements...As in the matter of fact I don't even know where in the world am I...would you care to accompany me? Days can get long and tedious when you're alone and there must be some excitement to be found in the wilderness covering these vast landscapes...
By the Gods I hope he's not another lunatic. It has been so long since I've last had a decent conversation.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-06, 04:17 PM
Lee

"Well met!" Lee said. He nodded. "You can call me Lee," said the ranger. Adjusting his pack, Lee took another step closer to Ephesus. "I enjoy the forest," Lee said, "but it's always nice to rest in pleasant little towns like these." He looked toward the village. "Are you familiar with this place?"

drengnikrafe
2008-04-06, 04:34 PM
Has this great elf really offered me his company? Thus must be my lucky day! I better be polite... I thought to myself.
I am honored that you would offer me such an opportunity, Mr. Dunen, sir. I am Elroy, Scholar and Wizard, and I was a little bit... lost in the woods for the past while.
The Innkeeper was still ignoring both me and him, so I removed the gallon of ale from my backpack, along with two mugs, and filled them with said ale. I slid one of the mugs over to him, then lifted mine in a cheery manor. Toast to a new friendship! I drank my cup quickly, and set it softly on the bar.
Seeing as how you don't know where you are, I guess I should enlighten you with what I know...

The Cats
2008-04-06, 05:45 PM
Joshua

Haha, I know exactly what you mean, friend. The forest is indeed a most soothing place. Alas, I've no knowledge of this specific hamlet, only that it is near to the thing which I seek. Joshua continues on his way to Ephesus, chatting amiably with his newfound friend. I plan on heading to the inn, would you care to join me, Lee?

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-06, 06:51 PM
Lee

Lee continued to walk alongside his new acquaintence. "Hmm," Lee said, "I'm unfamiliar with this town myself." After a few seconds, Lee realized just how long it had been since he'd slept in a real bed. "Sure, Joshua. It'd be nice to not have to forage for once," Lee said with a smirk.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-06, 09:32 PM
As you enter the inn, the innkeeper welcomes you saying, Greetings, we have not had an elf here in a long time. My you are dressed strange for one of your kind though. I hope I can be of service. If you are looking for stay, I can assist but it will be a few minutes before your rooms are ready, why don't you have a meal at our bar. The innkeeper snaps his fingers and a boy about 16 years in age quickly comes to the innkeeper. The innkeeper lets him know to prepare some rooms for the guests and then takes you to the bar, offering ale and boar ribs.

You look like a nature sort, are you here perhaps seeking the shrine of Elhonna. If so I'm sorry that you have not yet heard the shrine has been closed because of trouble from the forest.

The Cats
2008-04-06, 10:04 PM
Joshua

As Joshua entered the inn he overheard the innkeeper speaking of a shrine. Intrigued, he intruded on the conversation. Hello, my name is Joshua. I couldn't help overhearing. You were saying something about a shrine? Oblivious to the fact that he may have just interrupted an important conversation and was now rather rudely ignoring the two who had been listening to the innkeeper before he came in, Joshua was mentally patting himself on the back, believing to have found a lead to The Shrine of The Deepwoods so soon.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-06, 10:16 PM
Elroy

I wheel around in my stool, seeing a mildly imposing fellow standing behind me. He appears to be the one who asked about the shrine. Yes, he was. Mainly the part where it's closed, and none of your Rangers, or Druids, or Clerics, or... I stare at him closely for a moment in trying to determine what his abilities appear to be Monks are able to go there anymore.
I turn back around, and sit and think for a moment. Then, I realize something.
To Finrod, I whisper Maybe he can join our little team. Misery loves company, right?
I turn back to the innkeeper and say If we were to clear up the trouble in the forest, would the shrine be reopened? I stand up, and put my arm around the person I believe is a monk, Because my new friend here seems interested in reopening those trails, I turn to look at the monk, Am I right?

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-06, 10:47 PM
Lee

Lee followed Joshua into the inn, hanging back a few feet behind his friend, but still listening intently. Trouble in the forest? This bodes ill...

Lee looked over the strangers as the story unfolded. "What is amiss in Ehlonna's forest?"

The Cats
2008-04-06, 10:48 PM
Joshua

Joshua was surprised by the the man sitting behind him so suddenly speaking up and jumped a little. After hearing the information that the Shrine was closed, he was crestfallen. Now, it appeared, his pilgrimage would be much more difficult to complete! Well, thanks anyw- But Joshua is yet again surprised, this time by the suggestion of the stranger to reopen the shrine! Well I... of course! Anything I can do to help! Joshua was ecstatic, it seemed he had found yet another companion! Thank you! He beckoned Lee over to the table. I am Joshua, and this is my friend Lee, whom I just met today. Perhaps we can get to know one another better? He turned back to the innkeeper. But first I must learn more about this shrine. What is it's name? For whom was it built? Where exactly can it be found?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-06, 10:49 PM
Well, friend the shrine is not closed per se but is more not open. The road is blocked mostly to prevent people from accidently walking into all of the trouble along the roads. If you would like to go there you should probably talk to her. pointing to a woman dressed in some armor and with a morning-star hanging from her belt. She has a green tabard over her armor but the scales show at the shoulders.
She worked at the shrine and is looking to go back and rejoin her kin. She was away on an errind when the trouble all started and he has not been able to get back yet.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-06, 10:56 PM
Elroy

I look at Finrod, Well, I figure you and I have nothing better to do, and we both could use to know the surroundings a little better. I look up at Joshua and Lee, I believe we have ourselves a little fellowship! Come, let's find out about the Shrine. We can get aquainted on the road there.
I pause for a moment, then turn back to Finrod. I hope you don't mind me signing you up for this, I guess I got a little carried away...

The Cats
2008-04-06, 11:03 PM
Joshua

Absolutely! Without a second glance, Joshua, obviously excited, rushed over to the woman the innkeeper pointed out. Hello, my name is Joshua. My friends and I are looking for information on this shrine that is nearby and were told that you have that information. Could you help us?

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-06, 11:22 PM
Lee

"Thank you," Lee said to the innkeeper. To Elroy and Finrod, Lee nodded. "I see my friend has already introduced me..." He watched the eager monk make his way to the woman, following slowly after.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-06, 11:34 PM
Elroy

I also follow Joshua. When I arrive at the table, I suddenly realize I'm still pretty tired, and I fall backwards, and land on my rear. I chuckle lightly about it. Don't worry, I'm fine. I continue sitting, because it's more comfortable then standing.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-06, 11:50 PM
Well here let me help She leans over to you and touches one finger to you and you feel better.
Cure Minor Wounds spontaneously cast emptying create water.
Elroy heals 1 HP
If it is information you seek then I have some, but what purpose is it that you seek this information? I have been trying to get back to my goddess' shrine but have been unable to as of yet. If you would assist then I am at your disposal. My name is Leto and I am a priest of Elhonna. It is a pleasure to meet you Lee and Joshua, what perhaps is your name she says addressing Elroy.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 12:00 AM
I.... Uhh... My cheeks turn a little red. Thank you. I'm Elroy. It's a pleasure to meet you, Madam. I, personally, have no reason to wish to go to the shrine, but I believe our monk friend I pat Joshua on the leg Has some deep investment in it.

The Cats
2008-04-07, 12:08 AM
Er... yes, well... I am a Monk of The Woods, or at least I will be once I complete my pilgrimage and return home. The reason I seek this shrine is that I believe it may be one of the five shrines I must visit. To learn that it is dedicated to Elhonna furthers my suspicions, for the name I was given to find was The Shrine of The Deepwoods. But even if this is not the shrine I seek, I will gladly help a fellow follower of Elhonna. Tell us, what can we do for you?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-07, 01:05 AM
I have heard some skeletons were spotted in the woods near the shrine. I do not know where they came from but we need to get rid of them if we are to safely get to the shrine. This should also help those who wish to visit. If you would accompany me I think we can get through, I alone do not have the power needed.
She smiles at the prospect of someone who also follows Elhonna.
She holds up a silvery horn that has spiral groves going up it. I hope my goddess will help us in our quest.

The Cats
2008-04-07, 01:08 AM
Joshua nods vigorously. While I cannot speak for my companions I can assure- he pauses abruptly, tilting his head as if noticing something unusual. Um... I can assure you that I will... do everything I can. He looks as if he is about the ask Leto a question, but keeps his thoughts to himself.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-07, 01:20 AM
"Animated skeletons are walking about?" Lee asked. The ranger was certain, forcing the bones of the dead to do one's bidding was surely not natural. "If I can aid the goddess of nature, I offer my services."

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 01:25 AM
I, too, would be honored to accompany you on this, your divine mission. I was still sitting, and I realized the time was growing late, and I was still tired.
If you don't mind... could it wait until tomorrow? I'm quite exausted... However, if we are to retire, there is one more thing I'd like to do tonight...

The Cats
2008-04-07, 01:53 AM
Yes, a good night's sleep sounds like a good idea. Joshua pats his pockets for awhile, a look of distress coming over his face. Ah, well... it seems I've been caught without a single silver piece! No worries friends, I never mind sleeping under the stars! He walked out of the inn and back to the edge of town, laying out his bedroll in a garden of moss. He fell asleep almost instantly, having time only to think I wonder what she is... before being taken by the sandman.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 02:04 AM
Watching my new friend leave to sleep on the grass left me with bad feelings. I exited the inn to follow him, and roused him from his light slumber. Friends are meant to stay together. I will cover your room, Josh, you don't have to worry about it. As I walk with him back to the inn, I focus my thoughts quickly, and mumble something under my breath with a few minor motions of my hands.
As we reenter the inn, we are followed by 4 guards of some sort. One of them says "These fellows were causing trouble in town, and seeing as how this is the most populated place, we were wondering if anyone here knows them." People look at us quietly for a moment, then I lose my composure and start laughing. The guards instantainiously poof away.
With a wide grin from my silly magical trick, I move over to the bar and pay the innkeeper for the 5 of us. Follow me, Joshua, you're bunking with me tonight. I walk up to my room, plop down on a bed, and fall asleep shortly thereafter.

Shortly before we entered, the spells "Ghost Sound" and "Minor Image" disappeared from my prepared spells.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-07, 02:55 AM
The barkeep tells everyone, To the people who can reopen the shrine I will let them stay for up to a week on me. If you can open the road I will certainly get my money back if you fail and if you succeed I will get enough business to compensate my offer.

When Leto hears this she offers to pay for the rooms since she has faith you will be able to defeat the creatures plaguing the road.

Sensate
2008-04-07, 03:49 AM
Interesting turn of events. A couple of minutes ago, I could almost say I was bored. Now, I have teamed up with a rather bizarre group of individuals to undergo a...well, I could call it a quest now. On top of it all, I get to sleep over here for a week if I want to. Oh well, Finrod chuckled, a wanderer like me should not be known for complaining against free services.
Finrod backs away from the stool in a smooth, confident manner and lifts his hand up to barkeep and Leto as a sign of farewell. Leto's expression was intriguing, he got the feeling she was giggling at him. It could be my imagination, I barely spoke a few words with her. Why do I have a feeling she knows me?
*decides to return a smile and tries to look at her directly in the eyes, which was harder than he thought it would be*

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 05:06 PM
Elroy

After a good night's rest, I awake in my bed. It appears that nothing much happened through the night. Seeing as how I just got up, I don't pay much attention to anything in the room, and simply shuffle out to the entrance room of the inn, and sit down at a barstool. I'm not particularly sure as to whether or not anything's in the room, because I'm still half asleep, but I pull out my spellbook, set it on the table in front of me, and ask to the room in general What's for breakfast?

Sensate
2008-04-07, 05:47 PM
Finrod Dunen

Finrod was sitting at a desk in the far corner of the inn.
"I see you are already up Elroy."
*grins*
"Me, I never liked sleeping too much. Oh, you asked for breakfast - there are some turkey leftovers from last night's dinner. If you can stomach meat so early in the morning, it's over there by the window."

He stood up and walked over to the door.
"We should be off to our journey soon. I'll go and make sure we have all the supplies. Yes, that means I'm in; you kids could use an old geezer like me who knows how these things work."

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 05:59 PM
Upon hearing about the leftover turkey, I lost my appitite. I hadn't been particularly fond of it the first time I ate it, and I figured it couldn't have been any better.Thanks for the offer, but I guess in waking up I realized I'm not as hungry as I thought I was. I do appreciate your help, though. Now, with renewed focus, I looked back down at my spellbook, and began to study what I had written.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-07, 06:36 PM
Lee had slept in peace. The bed, while nowhere near royal quality, was still quite comfortable for the young ranger. Nonetheless, he still woke before dawn. His blue eyes opened slowly as he sat up, sighing happily. He spent the next thirty minutes stretching and performing calisthenics in the room.

While Elroy and Finrod were talking, Lee sat at a nearby table, smiling calmly to himself. As they discussed breakfast options, Lee set his backpack down on the table and opened it. He withdrew some rations from his pack, tearing open the paper that wrapped the food.

"Turkey's good, but I rarely enjoy it for breakfast," Lee said. Turning to Elroy, he said, "Would you like some granola? It's sweetened with honey."

The Cats
2008-04-07, 07:38 PM
Joshua

Joshua woke as Elroy departed from the room he had most generously offered to share with him. Pausing only a short time to say his morning prayer to Elhonna, Joshua stood and performed his morning exercises. These included stretching, pushups, situps and some acrobatic feats. After this he left the room and joined the others in his party. Turkey? No thank you. I prefer someting much lighter as my first meal of the day. Granola however sounds great if you're willing to share, Lee? No honey please."

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 08:07 PM
Elroy

Upon hearing the words "Sweetened with Honey", my stomach let out a loud grumble, as if begging for food. Well, I would hate to impose upon you in such a way without anything to offer in return... Another loud cry for food escaped That would be fantastic. Thank you so much. I took what was offered to me, and ate it with gratuity. It was actually fantastic tasting, and I wished I had more of it, but there wasn't any more.
For being so kind, I decided he deserved, at the very least, what he had paid for what he had given me, so I took a gold piece out of my pocket and attempted to drop it into his back pocket. Sadly, it fell to the floor, and made a light *Clink* noise when it hit. I picked it up, and set it on the table in front of him. Fair is fair... So, how did you guys sleep? Though I was standing right next to Lee, I tried to address everyone.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-07, 08:14 PM
Leto
Leto wakes shortly after the rest and comes down in a long night gown. She steps up to the bar and asks for some food, he hands her a loaf of some good bread and some preserves and honey.
She then says, I guess everyone is here now. I think we need to head out as soon as we are done with breakfast. Let me go get dressed and I will return ready to go. Lets pack! Our journey should take about 3 days, maybe a little less.
She grins at the other people and talks with the bartender for a little bit. He hands her some jerky. She takes it, thanks him, and heads upstairs. Shortly after she comes back down in her armor and tabard.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-07, 08:35 PM
Lee

Lee smiled as he opened some more of his rations for Joshua. I can always forage later, thought Lee, noting that he still had one day's worth of food in his pack. It was then that he noticed Elroy's attempt to repay him. Lee smiled and picked up the coin, examining it. "I thank you, friend, but this is worth more than what I've given you," he said.

He was momentarily distracted by Leto's words, turning his head toward her. Listening to her words, Lee went through a quick mental checklist. Patting his backpack, he thought to himself, Yes, that's everything.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-07, 08:50 PM
Elroy

What you have given me is kindness, and one cannot put a price on that, so I've not given you nearly enough. A moment later, I realized how silly I sounded, and let out a light laugh.

I looked up at Leto. I'm ready to go whenever you are.

The Cats
2008-04-08, 12:36 AM
Joshua, accepting the offered food, winked at Lee. Never fear for your food supply, I know a thing or two about living in the bush, as I'm sure you do to! After hearing Leto's proclamations, Joshua nodded his head in agreement. Checking his scant belongings, he pulled his pack onto his back and stood. Well, as you say Leto, I suppose we'd best be moving!

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-08, 01:41 AM
As people start moving outside Leto goes to the nearby stable. She goes inside and comes out with a mule. She throws her pack on it and says, As we need to move quickly go ahead and put what you need on him, he can cary bags so we can move quickly.

Sensate
2008-04-08, 01:55 AM
"Don't worry, I have all that takes for a trip of this type neatly packed inside my backpack. Tent, bedroll, blanket, ropes - you name it. As far as I am concerned, we should have already been off. Although we're in no hurry, I consider idleness to be one small step away from sloth."
He scratched his chin and said:"How are we to travel Leto? Have you perhaps already arranged each one of us a mule or are we to travel on foot?"

drengnikrafe
2008-04-08, 02:11 AM
Elroy

I grin as I quietly kneel by my backpack, and sift through it. This thing never slows me down. I stare into my backpack for a moment, examining the corner I just uncovered. As it turns out, I do have my own food. Oops... I close it back up, and sling it accross my back and stand up, suddenly curious about the answer to Finrod's question.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-08, 07:56 AM
I do not believe we should bring more animals into danger than we must, and the path is very difficult at places. We might as well only bring one mule. says Leto.
She then packs her belongings onto the mule, including food and a tent.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-08, 09:04 AM
Lee

Lee looked at the mule, inspecting the animal. He did not want to burden the beast, but he was sure it could handle the load, so he loaded one of his quivers of twenty arrows and one of his clubs onto the mule. After he was done, Leee gave the mule a gentle pat on the head.

Hefting his backpack, Lee smiled. "I'm ready to go," he said.

The Cats
2008-04-08, 05:41 PM
I don't own much and can carry what I do. Thank you for the offer though.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-10, 12:09 AM
Leto turns to everyone and waves for them to be quiet. She then mutters some words in sylvan and gets a very panicked look on her face. She says, Hold together, I might be able to hide one of us, but it will not last long. We are surrounded by them.
If you want to know what spell roll a spellcraft check.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-10, 10:19 PM
A mischevious grin spreads across my face as I reach into my mind for something I memorized today that would come in handy for what looked like it was coming up. I made sure my voice was hushed. Let's do this thing...

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-11, 08:20 AM
Lee's eyes widened as he heard the approach of something from the forest. He quickly withdrew a stout oaken club from his satchel, holding it as he looked out into the forest. Lee held the club over his head, ready to strike, as he waited.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-11, 10:39 AM
A creature runs out of the woods charging at Joshua and tries to snap at him but just barely misses. As it charges Joshua everyone can now see it looks like a wolf with no flesh, it is now just the bare bones, animated by some foul magic.

Just so people know, J10 moved to J8

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-12, 02:32 AM
Joshua attempts to punch at the skeleton of a wolf but he misses as the wolf avoids getting hit.
A human skeleton charges at Finrod and swings one of its claws. It conects making a large slash in Finrods chest with blood flowing out profusely.
Leto sees this and looks scared and shocked. She turns to face the two skeletons that just showed up, grabs the silver horn out of her shirt and holds it up screaming, Leave us be, May Elhonna's light from the sun heal your souls so you might rest again in the ground.
A blinding flash erupts from the horn and radiates out causing the skeletons that are seen to fall to the ground a pile of dust.
We are not done here yet friends there are more in the woods.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-12, 11:17 PM
Finrod takes his his trident out of his belt and charges forward with it raised. He stabs the skeleton with a mighty thrust but it does less damage than would be expected. The skeleton shrugs off the pain and attempts to bite Finrod. The beast misses snapping at air as Finrod nimbly dances out of the way.
A second skeleton, of a human, charges forward at Lee, but Lee is prepared. Lee swings his club and crushes some of the bones in the animated skeleton. It swings its hand and hits lee squarely in the arm. His left arm is now torn and bleeding but Lee has also done more harm to the monster.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-15, 02:09 AM
Elroy oddly takes his staff and attempts to swing it at the human skeleton next to Lee. He swings with force but does not hit and it whiffs by not even scratching the skeleton.

The Cats
2008-04-15, 05:45 PM
After the creature Joshua was fighting seemingly crumbled to dust on it's own, he quickly bolted to Lee's side and struck out at the living skeleton with a flurry of blows!

Joshua moves to H-6 and attacks W2 w/flurry of blows.
Attack rolls: 1:[roll0] 2:[roll0]
Damage if succesful: 1: [roll1] 2: [roll1]

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-15, 08:53 PM
Leto moves over to Finrod. As she turns the skeleton takes a swipe with his claw, missing widely as she nimbly jumps out of the way.
She prays to Elhonna as she runs, Don't let Finrod die because of the foul creatures. and her hand begins to glow white. As she touches Finrod his wounds seem to heal up and the bleeding stops. He still has some scratches but not as many.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-17, 01:31 AM
Lee swings his club at the skeleton in front of him and it rips through the skeleton. The humanoid falls to the ground just a harmless pile of bones. Leto goes over and pats lee on the back, Thank you friend that was close, I am glad we could defeat these creatures and cleanse this part of our path.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-17, 02:31 AM
Finrod strikes the wolf skeleton with his trident, he smashes through its jaws and it falls over in a pile of bones. He takes a minute to pull his trident back out of the bones that it remained lodged in.
Leto breathes a sigh of relief as she picks up a shield from among the dust of the human skeleton she crumbled.
I have never seen this symbol before. Maybe we should bring these with us to ask my elders about, unless you can identify them.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-18, 12:10 AM
I begin to concentrate upon finding some sort of magic in the area, and give the place a quick look over. I get a mild feeling that a divining magic has been here a short while ago, but think little of it, and I find nothing of interest.
That was an interesting experience. Good job, you guys. I look at the shield to which Leto is referring. I... have never seen it before. I shrug slightly. Sorry I can't be more useful. In any case, I see no major reason to linger here any longer.
I think for a moment to myself. Well... I did get a feeling like some sort of divination was cast in this area not too long ago... but that's all the more reason to leave. Any objections?

Sensate
2008-04-18, 05:18 AM
After hearing Elroy's words, Finrod turned away from them. His forehead wrinkled in restlessness as a torrent of murky thoughts passed through his mind. He scratched his chin and started walking as he muttered:
"You put up a good fight there friends, I commend your valor and devotion to fight alongside people whom you've met a day ago."
He turns to Leto: "I...thank you. If there wasn't for your well-timed heal I'd be gathering dust in this middle-of-nowhere for the rest of eternity."
Or worse, he thought. Those undead creatures couldn't have appeared from nowhere. Almost like, like they were /waiting/ for us. What worries me even more are the marks on their shields - that means they're oraganized. Where were they off to? If we hadn't been here, they might have attacked Ephesus...
That notion struck Finrod with unease and he remained quiet for some time.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-18, 07:12 AM
Lee looked over the smashed skeletons slowly as he lowered his club. He did not recognize the symbols, but felt uneasy about them. "I am sure that the ones who bear this symbol bode ill for everyone, not just us." He nudged one of the skeletons to ensure that the dark magic that animated it was no longer in effect, and then he turned to his new friends.

The Cats
2008-04-18, 02:51 PM
Well, now that they're nothing to worry about, we should keep moving. Hoping his newfound friends hadn't noticed his inability to so much as strike a single target during the battle, Joshua wanted to find this shrine as quickly as possible. Four years is a long time to be away from home, after all.

Sensate
2008-04-18, 03:01 PM
Finrod forced a smile: "Joshua's right, let's get a move on."

drengnikrafe
2008-04-18, 06:30 PM
I felt the unease that seemed to be touching the rest of the rest of the party, and it swept over me like a wave from the ocean. And the sooner the better...

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-20, 01:27 AM
Everyone comes to a clearing as it starts to get dark. The sky's turned a deep red and slowly is fading into darkness. Leto speaks up, Perhaps we should rest here for the night, we do not know where the next good spot to rest will be.
As it gets later, Leto points to a rock and it starts to glow brightly for 10 minutes. She talks to the rock and it glows again.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-20, 01:32 PM
Elroy

I took off my backpack, and let it fall to the ground in front of me. Good thinking, Leto. There's no point in traveling through the pitch black when there's a perfectly good spot right here. Now, I'd love to help keep watch tonight... you know, to make sure that nothing sneaks up on us, but when I fail to get a full nights rest then I usually have heck of a time focusing on my magic in the morning. At that point, I pulled my bedroll from my backpack, and unrolled it. I sit down about the middle of my bedroll. You guys were great today. I'm glad I joined this party.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-20, 06:12 PM
Lee removed the backpack from his shoulders. "Some rest would be useful," he said to himself, setting the satchel on the ground. Squatting, he removed his bedroll from the backpack. "If you guys want something to eat," he said, "I have some jerky and dried fruit in my pack."

drengnikrafe
2008-04-20, 06:27 PM
Elroy

Lee, you've done so much for us already, from crushing 2 of those unholy abominations to offering us your food time and time again. I don't know about you guys, but I cannot, in good faith, take even more food from you. I, also, have food, and I believe it would be fair for me to supply the food to all who would like it tonight. I just hope you guys don't mind... I pulled the small boxes packed with food out of my backpack. ... Jerky and Dried Fruit. Go figure.

The Cats
2008-04-21, 03:52 PM
Joshua

Well, I'm never one to pas up good food when offered! Joshua gratefully accepted Elroy's offer, wolfing down the jerky and fruit faster than you can say "Wow you sure ate that stuff quick!" Guess I was hungrier than I though! Wishing to get an early start on their journey in the morning, Joshua laid out his bedroll. I'm going to get some sleep, wake me when it's my turn for guard duty. Before anyone could protest, Joshua was out like a light.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-22, 12:36 AM
Don't get any ideas but Finrod, Would you be willing to help me remove my armor, I will help you in return? I dislike sleeping in this scale mail. Also, if you try something improper I will have you cursed by my goddess.

Finrod and Leto must remove their armour while they sleep. Otherwise they are fatigued when they wake up.

Sensate
2008-04-22, 08:50 AM
"Hrmf", Finrod grumbled as he took the armor off Leto, piece by piece, "you have my word." A few moments later, he added: "Though I won't protest if you indulge in similar activities when it's your turn. <silent chuckle>"

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-22, 02:37 PM
Lee chewed some jerky slowly, taking a swig of water from his waterskin afterward. Sitting on his bedroll, he looked about. "I'll take first watch," he said, "I'm not tired yet." He picked up a piece of dried fruit and began to eat.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-22, 08:42 PM
before going to sleep Leto says, Who of you is the most injured, I have one heal spell left for the day. I also can bandage any wounds so that you heal better overnight.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-22, 11:47 PM
Elroy

I was half asleep, but I still heard her question. I don't have a single scratch on me... Then I finished my drifting into sleep...

Sensate
2008-04-23, 02:37 AM
After three hours had passed, Finrod woke up from his slumber and looked at Lee. He was as watchful as ever, but he could see the signs of fatigue starting to show after a long day: "Go get some rest boy, I'll cover us."

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-23, 07:22 AM
Lee looked out into the darkness one last time after Finrod spoke. "Okay," he whispered, careful not to wake the others. Lee took another swig of water from his waterskin before he curled up in his bedroll and let sleep take him.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-27, 06:49 PM
Elroy

As the 8th hour had rolled to it's conclusion, I suddenly found myself awake. I found my body felt sore. Huh? Where am I? Oh... that's right, I joined a group of adventurers. I stretched, at which point I felt another sore spot. Today, I'm stretching some before I set out.
I let out a long yawn, and took a quick look around. Nothing seemed out of place, or anything. I saw Leto keeping watch. I approached her. Mind if I sit with you while I study today's spells?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-04-27, 07:57 PM
Leto
That would be no problem. Here She leans over and touches Elroy's back This should help relieve the stiffness from sleeping, I too must prepare spells soon. I will take my turn once you are done, as the sun rises showing its glory to the earth.
Leto leans back continuing her watch.
After the last hour she goes over and wakes the rest of the people, she again takes Finrod into the tent to get him to help her put on her armour.

drengnikrafe
2008-04-27, 08:15 PM
Elroy
When she touched my back, I felt a thousand times better. Thank you greatly.
At that point, I went back over to my backpack, and pulled out my spellbook, which I appearantly forgot. I then returned to her side, and sat down to begin my memorization process.
After the ninth hour of rest had passed, I noticed once more that there was a world around me. I love focusing on this book. It let's me lose touch with reality, and sometimes that's just what I need. I returned my spellbook to my backpack, and began stretching. I'm not making this mistake again. Soreness is not a fun thing to wake up to.

TheCountAlucard
2008-04-28, 12:17 AM
Lee

Lee awoke shortly after Elroy had. Not wanting to disturb the wizard as he pored over his tome, Lee carefully nudged Joshua and Finrod to awaken them. He took a gulp of water from his waterskin, wondering if he could find a stream that day to replenish it. After a dried piece of salt pork and a lump of cheese, Lee began to exercise as quietly as he could.

The Cats
2008-04-28, 12:39 AM
Joshua

Waking to the prodding of Lee, Joshua blinked the sleep out of his eyes and stood. After packing his bedroll away, he made himself a breakfast of jerky and nuts and proceeded with his morning routine.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-01, 09:29 PM
Elroy

Upon the completion of my stretching, I dug through my backpack, and pulled out some trail rations. I decided that eating half of them now, and half of them later could be a good idea, and proceeded to feast upon half of what was in the little box. This whole... "breakfast" concept isn't half bad. I chuckle lightly. I wander around for a little bit, seeing how efficiently I could kick a nearby pinecone. After a few minutes, I accidentally flattened it under my foot. I felt a little bad, but there was nothing much left to do now.
A approached Leto, who was standing nearby. So, Leto, how did you sleep? On second thought, we can talk on the road. I gestured towards the nearby trail. Everybody ready to go?

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-01, 10:34 PM
Lee

Lee finished his exercises and began to pack his gear. Strapping his club to his belt and placing his bow and quiver at his back, Lee approached his new friends. "I'm ready to go," Lee said.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-04, 11:49 PM
Leto packed up the mule and starts to head out. She walks down the trail and smiles as she says I slept well, How about yourself? I hope we do not encounter anything more before we get to the grove. It is not too far up the road.

A short while later an open patch of grass comes into view. In the center is a series of stone pillars surrounding a central fountain. The water in the fountain looks darker than water should be.

[OOC]
Every one make a spot check. DC 18

drengnikrafe
2008-05-05, 12:04 AM
Elroy

My sleep was mostly restful. I wasn't about to tell her I had a dream about her, now was I? I chuckled lightly to myself.

As we enter the shrine, I notice the water, and pause for a moment. I then notice some pillars (unless that was the spot check, in which case I'm sorry). I think I know what some of these say. I offer.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-06, 03:00 AM
Stepping up to the Sylvan Pillar, Elroy is able to read

Elhonna sees all under the sun
Her eye sees all done under the day.
May her sight radiate over all who do good,
and harm those who are evil.

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-08, 04:25 PM
Lee approached the pillars cautiously. He withdrew his club and held it ready as he examined the water. "Something doesn't feel right," he said. Lee carefully picked a single blade of grass from the ground and let it drop into the fountain.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-09, 12:39 AM
The blade of grass instantly turns black as a flame erupts along it. After the flame dies the blade is only dust drifting to the bottom of the fountain.

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-09, 10:20 PM
Lee's eyes widened as he watched the little conflagration. "My suspicions were correct," Lee muttered. Turning toward his companions, Lee said in an urgent tone, "Hold on a second, friends." Pointing to Elroy, Lee said, "Can you determine if this water is magical? Try not to touch it, if you can."

drengnikrafe
2008-05-11, 04:02 PM
Elroy

A brilliant idea. I focused for a moment, with an exact motion of my hands, and a whispered word.
I'm very fond of this spell. It allows me to see whether or not magic exists, and then later what kind of magic it is, and of what power and school.
I stared intently at the fountain, and then I saw.... something.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-11, 09:07 PM
Elroy sees a glow on the fountain that slowly starts to glow a deep dark red. The water no longer looks dark its almost appears to be blood under the sight of his spell. The focus of the magic radiates from a dark stone sitting on the very pinnacle of the fountain. There is a second Aura that is stronger that is a Pale Amber, the Amber comes from the fountain itself. There is a second aura of a darker Amber that comes from the bottom and top of the fountain. The plain amber aura seems to be a very minor spell. the pale aura seems to be a minor spell but cast by a very powerful divine magician. And the dark red is a very strong, very concentrated spell both by a powerful divine magician and a powerful spell in its own right.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-11, 10:31 PM
Elroy

I pointed to the top of the fountain, upon which a dark stone stood. Something of great evil used the very power of darkness to do something to that stone. Also, something with divine favor somehow changed this entire fountain, and something, also with divine favor, but somewhat weaker, has changed the top and bottom of this fountain.
I stood, contimplating what I saw for a short while. Not just one, but I believe 2 or 3 people have placed quite a bit of magic on it. This is by no means a normal fountain.
I quickly scanned the surrounding area, as to see if there was any other notable magical things afoot.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-12, 01:18 AM
Leto
The water flowing in this fountain is normally a clear blue and it cures wounds and heals small amounts. It is a type of holy water I think. We should definitely try to cure this fountain as soon as we can. Elroy, could you move that stone somehow without touching it?

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-12, 08:15 PM
Though he had no magic talent of his own, the ranger looked over the fountain with the casters, listening intently as they spoke. He briefly thought about the pair of gloves in his backpack, but said nothing, knowing that they would not provide adequate protection from the magic of the fountain.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-12, 08:48 PM
I'm afraid that unless a burning magical blast would dislodge the stone, I have no magical means as to attempt to move it. I'm not even sure I have any mundane objects I could throw at it. No, hold on, I do have some stuff I don't need or anticipate using. I reached into my backpack, removing a bar of soap, a wooden holy symbol, my clay mugs, and my flask.
Alright, who around here is sure of their aim?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-12, 09:17 PM
Leto
The fountain isn't that big. Elroy, do you think you could, um hit it with your staff. Leto says. I am quite short and you are taller, I think you might be able to just reach it and knock this evil stone thing off. If that doesn't work have lee try and throw something to dislodge it, he's got to have good aim, he carries a bow with him.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-12, 09:35 PM
Elroy
I took a quick look at the fountain. Well, what do you know. I probably can. I blushed slightly at my own foolishness. Good thinking, Leto... I held my quarterstaff in my right hand at the very end, reaching towards the stone. As the staff approached the staff approached the stone, I paused. With a quick jab, I hit the stone.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-13, 01:51 AM
The black stone falls out of the fountain and immediately a patch of grass surrounding it lights on fire and when it dies the area is completely dead. slowly the brown in the grass continues out till a 5 ft diameter circle is blackened by the stone.
The staff held in Elroy's hands bursts into flame. Starting at the tip the fire quickly races to his hands.
The water in the fountain continues to flow out the top where the stone used to be. The water immediately starts to clear up turning clear and pure looking.

[ooc]
For clearing up the fountain 200 xp each. and Elroy make a reflex save or get burned for some damage.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-13, 10:12 PM
Elroy
I realized my staff had caught fire just in time to realize that my hands had too. Well, I'm glad we got that thing cle--YAAAAAH! I swiftly plunged my hands and staff into the water which I hoped and prayed was now clear of evil.
While that may have not been the least catching my hands on fire way of solving things, I shot a quick dirty look at Leto I'll admit it did clear up this fountain.
I paused for a moment. So... what now?

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-13, 10:22 PM
Lee's eyes widened as Elroy caught fire and subsequently put himself out. He started to reach for his waterskin, preparing to douse the wizard, but by the time he was touching it, Elroy had plunged his hands into the fountain.

Listening to him talk afterward, Lee said, "Y'know, I think I saw a latch on the base of the fountain." Turning to Leto, he said, "Do you have any idea what purpose it might serve?"

drengnikrafe
2008-05-13, 10:41 PM
I noticed Lee with his canteen readied. Thank you, friend, but I appear to be fine. Wait, Latch, you say? Much like... I took a good look at the founatin. Those 2? I pointed at the two I saw. ... Good question.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-14, 01:13 AM
Leto
I don't know what those latches are for. I have never noticed them before now. The water looks much clearer, but I still do not know what happened to the priests here.
She glances at Elroy's hand sitting in the fountain. It certainly looks like you have cleared up this mess, look at your skin, it is almost completely healed.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-14, 05:30 PM
Elroy
I guess the fountain is healed. And with perfect timing, no less. What a useful contraption... I basked in the wonderful feel of the fountain as it healed up my burned hand. Now, about these latches... why don't we try doing something to them, and see if something happens?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-15, 07:17 AM
Elroy pulls a lever up and a small drawer pops out and sees a small bracelet of a green stone it is almost a milky white-green with darker green veins running through it. there are also a number of coins that are a color that is a little more white than silver (platinum). There are about 10 of these coins sitting on the bottom of the drawer.
Elroy then pulls up the other lever he has seen. He sees a small piece of a pure black stone set in a ring. The stone is pitch black, it is very reflective and yet also seems to steal some of the light from the surrounding area. There are about 20 coins sitting on the bottom, made out of platinum. There is also a small scrap of paper shoved to one side, slightly torn but still useable.

Leto perks up at seeing the scrap of paper. She reaches into a small tube swung around the small of her back. She pulls out a piece of paper that looks the same as the one just pulled out of the drawer. This scroll I have casts a spell that creates a magical fog. Perhaps you can do the same with this, keep it close to you. I think we might find a scroll case for you near by.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-15, 05:55 PM
A magical fog, you say? It sounds as though it could some in handy, should any other abominations come our way. Now, these rings... I wonder what they do. I picked the pure black ring out of the box. Leto, do you have any ideas? Either of what it does, or maybe how to find out?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-15, 09:29 PM
Leto
I am sorry but I am not sure what the ring does or the bracelet. Most magical items I know of that are rings activate when worn. Perhaps you could put one on, or maybe you could cast some kind of spell to see any magic on it.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-15, 10:06 PM
Good thinking. Nothing in my arcane repitoir allows me to understand the functions of arcane objects. I placed the dark ring upon my hand, and searched myself for a differing feeling, or just something different to happen. I proceeded to jump up and down rapidly, and spin around, and tried to hit a nearby tree with my quarterstaff.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-15, 11:43 PM
You hit the tree with the staff and it shatters. Charred wood flies everywhere and yet you feel your eyes change slightly and the sun seems brighter. Leto turns to look at you and stifles a small cry
What happened to you? Your eyes, they are red. What has happened?

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-16, 04:42 AM
Lee, meanwhile, toggled the last catch in a cautious manner.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-16, 05:00 AM
Lee has a small drawer pop out so he can look inside. There are a number of coins, about 20 pieces of platinum coins. There is also a small piece of a bright blue stone that is completely opaque. There is also a small piece of wood that is striped smooth and is straight.

Elroy starts to feel a drop in temperature and Leto starts to shiver. Lee feels nothing like this.

[ooc]
Yes this is a cursed onyx ring.

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-16, 07:23 PM
Lee examined the blue stone curiously. He held it up, so that the other people could see it. "There's some coins in here, too," he said.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-17, 12:58 AM
I... I can't... see anything. This light pierces my eyes like the noble lance of a paladin pierces the skin of an evildoer! Also, what is this draft that comes so suddenly? I yanked the ring off of my finger swiftly, and waited to readjust. This may well come in handy when it's hot and dark, but for now, I think we'd better set it aside. Now, this other bracelet, on the other hand... I took the small, green bracelet out of the other drawer and slipped it on to my arm.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-17, 05:40 AM
The ring won't come off of Elroy's finger. The temperature becomes more steady but is still cold, it seems to come out of the ring.
The bracelet slips on but does not appear to do anything. It slips up to half way up the lower arm of Elroy.
Leto grabs Elroy's shoulder and helps him into the edge of the wood line in the shade. She then rips a small portion of the hem of her skirt and offers to tie it over his eyes. Will this help? I do not have any spells than can relieve your pain. Perhaps if we can find the head of my order she can help.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-18, 12:54 AM
Elroy
I believe that blindfold would be a fantastic help. I should've been more careful. Of course something that absorbs light is going to be somehow cursed... Thank you for your help, although I will probably need your constant guidance if I am to not run into things. And I am struck with an idea. We should travel at night, if you don't mind, so that I would be useful, should we run into any more undead abominations. I'm sure that dispite this ring's cruel nature, it has some sort of positive magic upon it. I shivered in the constant cold. Or... perhaps the night would be too cold for me to handle.... I appologize for being so rash in putting on this ring. I should've had it somehow investigated first.
I don't know... evidently I'm not thinking clearly enough from the shock of this thing. It's your decision, Leto.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-18, 02:08 AM
Leto
Leto pulls a lever. Hey what is this scroll say? Who can read this? She holds up a sheet written in Sylvan.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-19, 03:47 PM
Elroy
It's been awhile since I've made an effort to attempt to glean knowledge from a tome of any sort written in this language. I will make an attempt to decipher, although I make no true promises. I step towards the sound of Leto's voice, when I remember that I have the hardest time in the world reading anything while I have a blindfold over my eyes. Upon taking it off, the light stings once more, so I jump back into the shade quickly, and reapply the blindfold. Bring it to me, here in the shade, and I'll see what I can do.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-19, 11:49 PM
Leto takes the piece of parchment over to Elroy in the shade. He is able to read a short description path to a small temple near by (NE) that houses only a few people, it mentions a small barracks in the opposite direction (SW) that housed more priests that take care of the normal functions of the grove. The Temple is called the Temple of The Shrine of the Deepwoods.

[ooc]
Which way are you going to go, barracks, temple, or back to town.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-20, 07:36 PM
Elroy
It would appear as though there is a shrine known as the Shrine of the Deepwoods and a barracks quite close to here. I imagine that the lack of upkeep here means that both would probably be uninhabited, but I figure if we'll find any clues to the reasons behind this place, it would be where the priests lived, and not where they visited. I pointed to the southwest. Sound like a plan?

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-21, 01:00 PM
Lee finished examining the items and pocketed them before speaking to his friends. "Indeed," Lee said, "I'd like to find answers to this puzzle."

drengnikrafe
2008-05-22, 09:17 PM
Elroy
I'm afraid that in my current state, I won't be much use in an attempt to lead, or even follow the party. I placed the blindfold back over my eyes, as I approached the more lighted area. Leto, if you would be so kind, could you lead the way? I'm afraid of running into various trees, and tripping over roots along the way, so if you could be so kind, could you... perhaps... my face turned a slight shade of red, which I could feel, and so I attempted to hide. hold my hand, as to lead me through this forest?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-23, 12:13 AM
Leto
But of course. I would be willing to help anyone in need.
She gently grasps elroy's hand and helps guide him along following the directions on the map. After about 10 minutes she says, I think this building in front of us is what we are looking for
There is a small structure, made of some beams of iron holding up some steps that run up to a small building that has a number of rooms sticking off of it, at some very odd angles.

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-23, 07:15 AM
Lee walked along with them, looking warily into the forest as they traveled. Nature must be respected, thought Lee, even by those who embrace it.

As Lee and his friends approached the building. "Let's hope they are friendly," Lee said in response.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-23, 11:11 PM
Elroy
I attempted to hide a small grin of glee the entire walk to the barracks. Upon reaching our destination, I came to a possible realization. I placed my hand upon my brow in an attempt to block out the sun enough to remove the blindfold, while my eyes remained shadowed from the sun. This... is quite the sight to behold. I am struck by curiousity as to the reasoning behind the unusual ways the various rooms are jutting out...

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-25, 03:49 AM
Lee sees out of the corner of his eye a small shadow moving behind them, it looks to be a small humanoid.

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-25, 08:37 PM
Lee paused at the sight of the motion. He carefully tapped Elroy on the shoulder, trying to do so in a manner that didn't seem obvious to anyone watching.

Don't look now, Elroy and Leto," muttered the ranger, "but I don't think we're alone." He gave a subtle jerk of his head in the direction he had seen the humanoid from.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-25, 10:50 PM
Leto
Leto whispers Do you want me or you to flush him out. Let us spread out to see who this is.
Leto steps to the side slowly attempting to hide in the shadows of the woods.

insecure
2008-05-26, 07:40 AM
Zirg
Zirg jumps up when he sees Leto, shouting at her:
Hey you! Yeah, you, with the mark of Ehlonna. I won't do anything to you, i'm just looking for a wizard.
A man in the town told me to look around here. Have you seen him? His name is Elroy.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-26, 10:01 PM
Elroy
My left eyebrow raised in interest when I heard my name among his words. Quietly, I adressed Leto and Lee. I vaguely recall this fellow. I believe he was among my classmates. I looked up at small fellow who had just called out to me. Hail, fellow caster. Sarg, was it? Maybe Zorg? In any case, what message do you carry with you? It appears to be of much urgency. Please, speak.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-05-26, 10:32 PM
Leto
Who are you and what do you want with this "Elroy"? I may have heard of him. But I do not support evil coming to any. Leto speaks as she slowly walks to this stranger, circling him so that Lee and Elroy are flanking him.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-26, 10:58 PM
Elroy
Dear Priestess, rest easy. He is not here to harm us, I will stake myself upon this fact. I turned to Zorg (or, at least, I thought that was his name) I am Elroy. What news do you carry, fair gentleman.

insecure
2008-05-27, 06:42 AM
Zirg
You're Elroy? Do you remember the school we trained at? Maybe you also can remember me, Zirg? Probably not, since i ran away...
I come with news from the head of the school, they've found out who murdered your parents.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-27, 10:38 PM
Elroy
Zirg! That was it! I did a facepalm. Of course I remember you Zirg. But wait, you say they... they found out the... My eyes began to well up in tears. The stupid caster who... I broke down, and collapsed on the ground, sobbing madly. About a minute later, I regained enough of my composure to stand up, and look back at Zirg. Who was it? Where is he? Can we defeat him? Is he very strong? Tell me everything!

TheCountAlucard
2008-05-27, 11:41 PM
Lee

Lee watched his friend talk to the stranger, warily at first, until Elroy suddenly dropped to the ground. Unsure of what to say, Lee watched the wizard grieve. Elroy had never mentioned his parents to Lee before, and now he knew why.

This is obviously important to Elroy, Lee thought as the wizard rose with determination. If you need my help, Elroy, I'll do what I can."

insecure
2008-05-28, 12:38 AM
Zirg
I do not know who did it, plautus just told me they've found a person who knows who killed your pa... zirg stopped, and began to think. Did it, said he, finishing the sentence, as he saw that Elroy cried.
The only thing i know, is that Plautus told me to haste. A man named Taurius knows who did it.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-28, 08:42 PM
Elroy
As the tears began to thin, I looked incredibly solumn. Thank you, Zirg, thank you. I stopped. I believe I had some thinking to get done. Finally, my chance for revenge is at hand. That stupid sorcerer will pay for what he did to me all those years ago... Yes, the time is soon that I shall finally... wait, do I want this fellow to die? No! Not at all! After what he's done to me, death would be too good. I'm sure that the magic school will have appropriate... tools, for teaching this person to misuse magic. He'll regret the day he readied that magical burst in my house... Little did I realize that while I thought I was speaking, in fact, I was standing silently, with a very solumn look upon my face.

insecure
2008-06-01, 12:41 PM
Zirg
By the way, where were you going? Maybe i could follow you for a while? It seems like i have nothing else to do.

drengnikrafe
2008-06-01, 07:42 PM
Elroy
I looked up from my thoughts. At her request, I made a gesture towards Leto we're investigating the mysterious corruption of the forest, and attempting to reopen the road to the shrine. Right now, we're in the process of investigating what used to be the baracks that once held the guardians of this forest. Do you happen to know anything about those who once lived here? I paused for a moment. Oh, how rude of me. You are quite welcome to join our quest. Upon hearing myself say the word "Quest", I returned to my thoughts, and lost focus in the world around me.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-06-03, 05:22 AM
If you would like I could join you Elroy, any person who kills others deserves to be brought to justice. Let us go into these barracks for now though.

TheCountAlucard
2008-06-04, 04:51 PM
"I second this," Lee said. "I'll be happy to help you, but we might as well explore this building first."

drengnikrafe
2008-06-04, 09:34 PM
Elroy
I felt the tears welling back up in my eyes. I pulled Zirg, Leto, and Lee into a big hug, and just kind of sobbed for awhile. Thank you guys... so much. After about a minute, I began to regain my composure, and I let them go and backed up a bit. Dispite that I sort of want to set out on such a quest right away, we are on one as we speak, as you, Leto and Lee, have suggested. Anyway, this curiousity is getting the better of me. Let's explore this building!

insecure
2008-06-06, 07:11 AM
Zirg
Zirg pushes himself away from Elroy, while he says:
Let's get on. I don't want to wait here all the day.

Iudex Fatarum
2008-06-06, 10:44 AM
Leto pushes the door open everyone sees a mostly empty building with some dust and with some stairs and doors in the room, it looks like a mess hall, its got a series of tables running along the length of the hall.

TheCountAlucard
2008-06-06, 05:44 PM
Lee slipped into the building, looking around as he entered. He listened carefully, eyes scanning the inside of the building as he tried to glean information.

insecure
2008-06-06, 05:56 PM
Zirg
As Zirg enters the room, he begins to speak some words, while he draw a simple pattern in the air with his hands, and begins to scan the room.

(OOC: Zirg uses detect magic, looking for magical auras. If he finds an aura, he will begin to inspect it further.)

drengnikrafe
2008-06-07, 01:07 AM
Elroy
I lightly touch the door, which squeaks in a loud mannor as it swings the remainder of the way open, and smacks against the wall, making a loud bang. I blush nervously. Oops... I was preoccupied thinking about my grande entrance, so, without realizing it, I only took a quick glance around the room. My ears were still ringing from the crash, as well, so I didn't hear anything. I turned to Zirg. Hey, Zirg... do you get as funny a feeling as I do? I already used my magic sensing ability for today, do you believe you could use yours, if, in fact, you've readied it today? Upon the conclusion of my request, I turned my eyes back to the room, and noticed a table in front of me. That was not there a minute ago.... I tried to refocus and start searching, but the fact that a table had just appeared in front of me kept bothering me, and I never really got started.

(OOC: Zirg, I know you casted your Detect Magic Spell. I'm just putting emphasis on the fact that my rolls bit it, so I didn't notice you cast it.)

insecure
2008-06-07, 09:10 AM
Zirg
Zirg jumps up when he hear the door slamming into the wall, loosing the concentration needed for maintaining his detect magic, while he curses in gnomish.
Why won't you even try to be silent? I've lost the concentration i needed for the spell now.

Zirg picks up a stone from the floor, speaks some words, and suddenly, the stone begins to glow, shedding light as if it where a torch.
Now we can see something again. I've found a orange glow on the centers of the tables.
Try, just try, to be silent now, when i cast the spell again.

By the way, i don't waste my time "preparing" spells.

(OOC: Zirg casts light and detect magic)

drengnikrafe
2008-06-07, 08:24 PM
Elroy
I stared at Zirg quizically for a moment. What do you mean you don't "Prepare" spells? The only way in the world to use proper arcane magic is to... Wait, Zirg... what were those motions and words of yours? They seem... slightly wrong. And yet, you seem to still see the magic present... What an odd preculiarity... Oops. Sorry. I quieted myself down, remembering that Zirg needed to focus. I sat as quietly as I could for a moment, trying to remember the purpose of "orange". I quietly pulled out my spellbook, and began flipping through the pages. I reached the page describing Detect Magic, and I thought for a moment as I stared at the page. Why would there be traces of Evocation in the center of this room? It must've been a spell... what has happened to these poor people...?

Iudex Fatarum
2008-06-07, 11:51 PM
Leto
Leto walks over to a table, she looks closely at one of the candlesticks. She also picks up a small stones and mutters quietly, she then touches the stone in turn with her silver unicorn horn. Each of them begins to glow brightly. She walks over to Elroy, You should know, trying to read in this poor of light will hurt your eyes. Here, use this. she says as she hands Elroy her stone. She then starts muttering the same thing again and touches her silver horn to her morningstar.

insecure
2008-06-08, 04:06 AM
Zirg
Hmm...
Zirg waves his hand, and the candle begins to soar in midair. After waving one more time, the candle begins flying toward him, until it hovers right in front of his face.
Zirg begins to cast another spell on the candle, while he inspect it.

(OOC: Zirg uses mage hand, assuming the candle isn't too heavy. If it is, he'll walk over to the table and pick it up. The other spell is an identify)

drengnikrafe
2008-06-08, 04:03 PM
Elroy
Leto, what exactly do you mean by 'poor light'? This place seems perfectly well lit... nevermind. So, Zirg, what do you make of the candle? Does it say anything, or give any indication as to it's purpose?

insecure
2008-06-09, 12:10 PM
Zirg
It looks like it's some form of candle with everlasting light. They could be useful, but they don't help us right now. Let's try to explore some more.

drengnikrafe
2008-06-09, 09:06 PM
Elroy
Everlasting candle? What a fastenating thing... Oh, right, back to business. There are doors in this room, right? What's through them? I approached one of the doors.

insecure
2008-06-11, 12:58 AM
Zirg
As Elroy aproahes the door begins Zirg to say the start of a spell, ready to say the rest of the words and fire it, if something comes out of the door, or if there is someone on the other side of the door.

(OOC)Zirg readies an acid splash.)

Iudex Fatarum
2008-06-23, 07:42 AM
Check the OOC thread, as of currently this game is over (tentatively)