PDA

View Full Version : Help Force Uwe Boll Into Retirement!

Pages : [1] 2

Talya
2008-04-08, 11:52 AM
Director promises to retire if a million people demand it (http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2271690,00.html)

Uwe Boll, the revered German director of Zombie Massacre and BloodRayne II: Deliverance, could be facing an enforced retirement thanks to the results of an online petition. The petition calls for Boll to "stop directing, producing, or taking any part in the creation of feature films". And if it can amass 1m signatures, the organisers may just get their wish.

Certainly the director appears to have left a hostage to fortune during the course of an interview with the website FEARnet. Informed that the petition had already amassed 18,000 signatures, Boll retorted: "18,000 is not enough to convince me [to retire]." The director was then asked how many signatures that would take. "One million," he said.

Within hours of the interview going live, the tally stood at 48,000. Boll will be hoping that the petition does not go viral. The fate of the man behind such classics as In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale is now hanging in the balance.

Boll is no stranger to controversy. In 2006 he invited four critics who had panned his films into a boxing ring in Vancouver, where he proceeded to batter them into submission. But an army of one million enemies might prove a battle too far, even for Boll.

Here's the petition. (http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html)

Rutee
2008-04-08, 02:57 PM
Gladly signed. And e-mailing nerdy webcomic artists.. I don't know if he'll actually stop but it's worth a try.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-08, 04:31 PM
They probably already know. At least this is big enough news that it has been in Danish newspapers. No matter what i have signed in the hope of ending this reign of terror against movies, though in a way i think i will miss getting to complain about his movies should he stop.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-08, 04:55 PM
Meh, I'm sure the site will fall at 987654 signatures, in a "mysterious" way, erasing all the signatures. Why not just jump directly to the Adams method?

Voidhawk
2008-04-08, 05:05 PM
Signed.

What's the Adam's method?

Renegade Paladin
2008-04-08, 05:14 PM
Already posted. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77259)

Talya
2008-04-08, 05:16 PM
yes, posted twice in fact. Not that the board's been possible to read today. Post, yes. Read? Forget it.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-08, 05:19 PM
The Adams method:

A government policy create by Scott Adams, consisting of this:

Bomb all the countries with hard-to-pronounce names out of the map.

Let's apply the "Bomb" part to Boll, then hire an exorcist to clean his house, and a priest to hallow the ground he'll be resting at. Don't want him coming back, don't we?

EvilElitest
2008-04-08, 05:21 PM
118005 so far lads
from
EE

Irenaeus
2008-04-08, 05:38 PM
Signed. If this works, it will be the first online petition I've ever signed that actually accomplishes anything.

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-08, 05:46 PM
They say that the first 10% is the hardest.

I'm torn...I haven't actually seen any Bolle movies so I don't know if I'm qualified to sign.

Proteus
2008-04-08, 06:13 PM
Signed. It's up to 119373. I doubt he'll actually quit though.

EvilElitest
2008-04-08, 06:16 PM
Signed. It's up to 119373. I doubt he'll actually quit though.

we should make very chance we can however
from
EE

Xuincherguixe
2008-04-08, 06:31 PM
I haven't seen any Uwe Boll movies, so I wouldn't feel right about signing this.

But being that he's such a jerk it's pretty tempting.

But then, have even 1,000,000 people seen his movies?

Twin2
2008-04-08, 06:49 PM
Doesn't really matter now that the tax loop hole he used is closed. Now that he can't exploit that who's going to want their movie directed by someone who can not make cash for them, unless they can find him another loop hole.

EvilElitest
2008-04-08, 06:51 PM
I haven't seen any Uwe Boll movies, so I wouldn't feel right about signing this.

But being that he's such a jerk it's pretty tempting.

But then, have even 1,000,000 people seen his movies?

and we can't even make them watch it, because that would be murder
from
EE

Tam_OConnor
2008-04-08, 07:03 PM
Somehow, he keeps getting hired, even with the fail. 120,000+. And Facebooked. The nerds shall have their revenge!

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-04-08, 07:15 PM
Signed. I'm number 120739. And in the ten seconds it took me to hit "refresh" over forty more signed.

SurlySeraph
2008-04-08, 08:16 PM
Signed. Ve shall break him.

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-08, 08:22 PM
Not signed. I enjoyed Postal, and would love to see if Uwe can succeed in comedy where he failed in horror.

Editing in clarity: I was referring to the game, not the movie. The movie remains untested, but I am perfectly willing to give it a shot.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-08, 11:56 PM
You know, from the main forum hub, this topic reads "Help Force Uwe Boll Into..."

Is it at all indicative of anything that my first immediate thought was that the next word would be "Hell," and that the topic would invite us all to contribute a portion of our life force to a massive Spirit Bomb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpiritBomb) that would banish Uwe Boll for one thousand years?

And I'm not even that into High Fantasy...

Emperor Ing
2008-04-09, 06:28 AM
*signs petition*
DAMN IT BOLL DONT TOUCH MY METROID MOVIE!! :furious:

Scintillatus
2008-04-09, 08:09 AM
You know, from the main forum hub, this topic reads "Help Force Uwe Boll Into..."

Is it at all indicative of anything that my first immediate thought was that the next word would be "Hell," and that the topic would invite us all to contribute a portion of our life force to a massive Spirit Bomb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpiritBomb) that would banish Uwe Boll for one thousand years?

I'd be willing to sacrifice a decade or two if it keeps the bastard away from my favorite intellectual properties.

Darth Mario
2008-04-09, 08:52 AM

How is it that every discussion on this site so easily leads to a TV Trope?

Oh, and signed.

thorgrim29
2008-04-09, 10:03 AM
135939 signatures!!

Freelance Henchman
2008-04-09, 10:59 AM
Isn't this petition thing giving that troll far more attention than he deserves? It seems counterproductive to me.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-09, 01:51 PM
The reason it leads into TV tropes is because TV tropes is the real life equivalent of the Hitchhiker's Guide. The unorthodox source of all wisdom in the world, that can explain everything while still being easily accessible.

Fri
2008-04-09, 02:28 PM
wait, doesn't tvtropes IS the preliminary version of the Hitchiker's Guide ?

Nevrmore
2008-04-09, 03:32 PM
Uwe Boll is taking all of you for a ride and you don't even realize it.

Rutee
2008-04-09, 04:03 PM
If this is a metatroll, it's the worst one in history. "Yeah, I made 1 million nerds give up a minute of their lives!" That's why I dismiss it as a metatroll, even if that's Boll's intent.

Irenaeus
2008-04-09, 04:26 PM
Probably, but I'll take the one per cent chance if it exists. I have wasted my time on far more stupid stuff on the internets.

Emperor Ing
2008-04-09, 04:34 PM
highly unlikely he will go through with it, but what have we got to lose by signing it?
and there is the chance. The chance to prevent crap adaptations of our favorite video games.

Icewalker
2008-04-09, 05:50 PM
148000, not bad, if that is the count. Done and done, by the way.

Information-wise, here is a Public Service Announcement by Loading Ready Run about Uwe Boll (http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/53/psa_uwe_boll)

hanzo66
2008-04-09, 08:26 PM
Uwe's own response to the petition... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCNmfJ1hY)

Words cannot describe this. I shall instead interpret this with...
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z305/hanzo661/facepalm1.gif

Icewalker
2008-04-09, 08:30 PM
Er...pretty sure that isn't real. Read the description of the pro-boll petition. Also, most people that are public figures in any way wouldn't talk like that, in general. It might be real, with somebody making a mock petition, but still...

To: Everybody

We, the undersigned, believe that Uwe Boll must not under any circumstances be forbidden from making screen versions of the videogames. ‘Cause herr Boll is the kind of genius. May be an evil one, but still a genius. His films can be blamed for bad photography, terrible acting, stupid script and other sins, but you cannot take away one thing – “masterpieces” of Uwe Boll always (almost always) give us hour and a half or two of healthy, cheerful, rollicking laugh. And it as you know is good for the length of life.

Finally, outrageously bad adaptation is always better than mediocre adaptation, and in this sense Uwe have never failed us. So let the favourite of all the devoted moviegoers with the sense of humour not only lives and prospers, but will continue in bringing us joy with his works.

In the name of House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, BloodRayne, Dungeon Siege, Postal, Far Cry and others.

Amen.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Sucrose
2008-04-09, 08:38 PM
Uwe's own response to the petition... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCNmfJ1hY)

Words cannot describe this. I shall instead interpret this with...
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z305/hanzo661/facepalm1.gif
:smalleek:
My god...if that turns out to be real, I'm signing the Anti-Boll petition, regardless of never having seen one of his movies. That kind of arrogance is just obscene.

Nightmarenny
2008-04-09, 10:01 PM
Isn't this petition thing giving that troll far more attention than he deserves? It seems counterproductive to me.

You get this same arguement about Jack Thompson but its even more rediculous. He gets no mention, no intrest and always bad review and no one seeing his movies. this guy wades though mediocrity and it doesn't really effect him.

Rutee
2008-04-09, 10:15 PM
My god...if that turns out to be real, I'm signing the Anti-Boll petition, regardless of never having seen one of his movies. That kind of arrogance is just obscene.

http://blog.movieset.com/

It's real. Unless this is a ludicrously elaborate hoax.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-09, 10:23 PM

Yep. As ZP would put it, he's got his head stuck so far up his ass he's in danger of choking on his head. Signed, because if he even THINKS about TOUCHING Half-Life or Brawl, I'll wipe him off the face of the earth with a bazooka.

Rutee
2008-04-09, 10:25 PM
Yep. As ZP would put it, he's got his head stuck so far up his ass he's in danger of choking on his head. Signed, because if he even THINKS about TOUCHING Half-Life or Brawl, I'll wipe him off the face of the earth with a bazooka.

Brawl? As in, Super Smash Brothers? Because a /movie/ about a child having his toys fight each other would be the most epic thing I'd ever heard of.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-09, 10:34 PM
Brawl? As in, Super Smash Brothers? Because a /movie/ about a child having his toys fight each other would be the most epic thing I'd ever heard of.

Yes, and I wouldn't be surprised if even Subspace Emissary was screwed to death. 152535 names and counting!

Icewalker
2008-04-09, 10:47 PM
Apparently he was at one point bidding for the rights to Half-Life 2. See the video link I posted above.

TigerHunter
2008-04-09, 10:49 PM
Seconded, and signed.

Edit: 152753

Sixscimitars
2008-04-09, 11:44 PM
Apparently he was at one point bidding for the rights to Half-Life 2. See the video link I posted above.

:smallconfused: :smalleek: :smallfrown: :smallannoyed: :smallmad: :smallfurious:
AAARGH!!!!!
There is little doubt now. Boll must die in a rest home.

Icewalker
2008-04-09, 11:54 PM
I like the progression of those smileys.

Dervag
2008-04-09, 11:55 PM
I, too, have signed the petition. My only regret is that no similar petition exists for Paul Verhoeven.

Hallavast
2008-04-10, 12:16 AM
Signed.

Also: Who in their right mind would allow this man to become a doctor? :smalleek:

Darth Mario
2008-04-10, 12:25 AM
Heh. The only thing I was thinking, when I saw IGN's Fake-Zelda trailer on April 1st, was: "Please oh Please oh PLEASE let this NOT be directed by Uwe Boll."

Horrific thought. Luckily Nintendo has yet to sell movie rights to any of their franchises, one would hope that they have the brains to do so only to someone who is QUALIFIED.

Edit: ^, I think that video was playing off the "Evil Genius" gag they make in the next sentence.

Wait. Never mind. I just looked on Wikipedia, and apparently he holds a Doctorate in Literature. The hell?

Hallavast
2008-04-10, 12:35 AM
The hell?

I know! :smallmad:

Edit: If this doesn't work though, I suggest we browbeat whoever finances his work into submission.

Sucrose
2008-04-10, 12:45 AM
http://blog.movieset.com/

It's real. Unless this is a ludicrously elaborate hoax.

Blast it, my faith in humanity really didn't need that hit. Consider it signed.

Anyway, thanks for the info, Rutee!

tyckspoon
2008-04-10, 12:58 AM
I know! :smallmad:

Edit: If this doesn't work though, I suggest we browbeat whoever finances his work into submission.

German tax law already did. Unless he's found a group of backers from a different country with similar loophole shelters, his movies no longer benefit anybody for being massive failures. Now they have to be just ordinarily bad and try to make an honest profit.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 01:04 AM
Meh. My faith in humanity went to about zero upon me reading a review of FATAL, after already taking a hit from Battlefield Earth. It's currently stagnating in the negatives.
Anyway, even if Uwe didn't ruin the image of so many games, with those comments, he has cemented his status as among the most pompous, inbred, narcissist, moronic, ******** who has ever walked the face of the earth. I actually hate him more than Al Kahn.

Sucrose
2008-04-10, 01:29 AM
Meh. My faith in humanity went to about zero upon me reading a review of FATAL, after already taking a hit from Battlefield Earth. It's currently stagnating in the negatives.
Anyway, even if Uwe didn't ruin the image of so many games, with those comments, he has cemented his status as among the most pompous, inbred, narcissist, moronic, ******** who has ever walked the face of the earth. I actually hate him more than Al Kahn.

Haven't seen Battlefield Earth yet, though I have read a review of FATAL, so I still hold a glimmer of hope. As for your statements regarding Boll, to make use of a cliche, QFT; how the man can honestly say crap like that is utterly beyond me.

Rockphed
2008-04-10, 02:04 AM
Haven't seen Battlefield Earth yet, though I have read a review of FATAL, so I still hold a glimmer of hope. As for your statements regarding Boll, to make use of a cliche, QFT; how the man can honestly say crap like that is utterly beyond me.

The movie is almost worth watching. It isn't all that bad. Well, maybe it is, but you need to put things in perspective. Mr Hubbard was a hack. Worse, he was a hack with delusions of Grandeur. Battlefield Earth was two hundred page story that I would probably have sent back to the author for revision followed by 800 pages of blah. If Boll/Bolle/Bole is even half as bad as Hubbard, his departure from the realm of culture would do the world a favor.

Edit: Should I use my legal name, or just my handle?

Guts
2008-04-10, 02:24 AM
What's FATAL? I can't get on to wikipedia at the moment. I sign the petition but I've only seen two of his films, BloodRayne and some zombie flick. Are the rest of his film that bad?

Studoku
2008-04-10, 02:53 AM
155270 and counting

Ward.
2008-04-10, 02:56 AM
TAX LOOPHOLE: I think I should point out that he was one of the few people that was actually using the law for it's intended purpose.

Guts: Not quite that bad, but pretty terrible and ultimately unfulfilling. Especially when you look at the sort of budget he had and imagine what a couple of macromedia nerds could have done with the money on the same concept.

tyckspoon
2008-04-10, 03:11 AM
FATAL is the leading contender for World's Worst Roleplaying Game. It's horrendously offensive and juvenile (in that special way achieved by people who think sex is the same thing as maturity). If you can get past that part, it's also very poorly written and generally full of awful game design. FATAL's best quality is that it provides a yardstick for things to be better than (much like Boll's movies.)

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 03:12 AM
What's FATAL? I can't get on to wikipedia at the moment. I sign the petition but I've only seen two of his films, BloodRayne and some zombie flick. Are the rest of his film that bad?

FATAL is widely considered to be the worst RPG ever. It featured, among other things, drasticaly reduced stats for female characters, magic armor that turned the wearer into a black guy, rules covering rape, ludicrously overcomplicated stats, and a claim towards historical accuracy, despite the setting only covering Europe, every other women being a prostitute, and there being tieflings that randomly impregnate people. I am not making a word of any of it up.
And yes.

Khanderas
2008-04-10, 04:03 AM
Uwe Boll is taking all of you for a ride and you don't even realize it.
Perhaps it is a viral marketing scam. But 1 million people who knows of his "masterpieces" and stil refuse to watch them because he made it should make a dent even in a mind as thick as his seems to be (referring to posts about him hatching some very ego-centric and ego-maniac comments).

And spreading the word about Uew Boll might trick somone to watch them just to see how horrible they are, but on the other hand, someone who does not know how he craps on everything he touches would go see a movie such as Zelda -the movie or Metroid (both heavens forbid he ever gets a hold of) might go and see it because of the game-name. I think the net gain would be fewer people tricked into watching it = less money gain but above that less people who gets their favorite games shat on.

That he would stop just because one million people signed a petition I don't buy for a moment. Won't stop me from going there after work and signing it.

Im kinda intrested in knowing what that tax planning thing is that may be a reason he does this.

hanzo66
2008-04-10, 04:22 AM
For those unfamiliar with how bad Uwe Boll is, allow Seanbaby to cure you of your curiosity. (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3154304)

Freelance Henchman
2008-04-10, 04:35 AM
This is stupid, that dude thrives on adversity, that much is clear. The only thing that will happen when the 1 million is full is that he will point at the list and go "See, I AM the worst director ever. And I love it!". Don't give him any attention, especially not this kind that is easily exploitable.

Sethis
2008-04-10, 04:38 AM
Someone should put this up on 4cha... "eBaum's world".. and let it go from there.

/signed.

Emperor Ing
2008-04-10, 05:10 AM
This is stupid, that dude thrives on adversity, that much is clear. The only thing that will happen when the 1 million is full is that he will point at the list and go "See, I AM the worst director ever. And I love it!". Don't give him any attention, especially not this kind that is easily exploitable.

Uwe Boll thinks Uwe Boll is a genius. :smallyuk:

Freelance Henchman
2008-04-10, 05:49 AM
Uwe Boll thinks Uwe Boll is a genius. :smallyuk:

No, I think he just knows that saying that makes people on teh intarwebz angry.

Emperor Ing
2008-04-10, 06:14 AM
No, I think he just knows that saying that makes people on teh intarwebz angry.

That could be his actual personal opinion about himself. But yeah, he knows. When ever someone says uwe boll, someone else says "ZOMG SUXORZ!"
but if he just does EVERYTHING HE DOES to get the people on the webernet something to be mad about, then he genuinely has no life. :smallsmile:

Darkone8752
2008-04-10, 07:06 AM
/me facepalms

I manage to get up a witty comment, then notice I typoed my first name. :smallredface:

Freelance Henchman
2008-04-10, 07:09 AM
but if he just does EVERYTHING HE DOES to get the people on the webernet something to be mad about, then he genuinely has no life. :smallsmile:

Well for a no-talent assclown he has done really well for himself.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 07:22 AM
That's not news. That's capitalism. I can think of a report of absolute stupidity to the point where one questions how you found work in your industry at all, coming from the CEO of the company. It's ludicrous.

Cuddly
2008-04-10, 12:22 PM
Uwe Boll is not only a total genius, but probably one of the best artists of our time. It's unfortunate that you guys can't see it.

Sucrose
2008-04-10, 12:40 PM
Uwe Boll is not only a total genius, but probably one of the best artists of our time. It's unfortunate that you guys can't see it.

Um...wow.

Very, very nice. It's not often that LOL would actually be an accurate statement from me.

Midnighter1021
2008-04-10, 01:16 PM

I have never seen one of his movies but I just want that arrogant jerk to rot in a retirement home and I must stop him from ruining Half Life 2

CharlieSmiles
2008-04-10, 02:56 PM
I have signed the pro Boll petition. http://http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html)

The man is the Van Gogh of his time unapreciated in life. Beloved in death. He will live forever.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 03:43 PM
The fact that you people are getting your nuts in a twist over the possibility of him maybe choosing a game you like to make a movie adaptation of speaks volumes more about you than him.

Megatron
2008-04-10, 03:45 PM
167866, but I doubt he'll retire even if it gets TWO million.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 03:50 PM
The fact that you people are getting your nuts in a twist over the possibility of him maybe choosing a game you like to make a movie adaptation of speaks volumes more about you than him.

If he lives to evoke this reaction, he's just a glorified troll. I am doubtful he does, but that was the condition laid down.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 04:21 PM
If he lives to evoke this reaction, he's just a glorified troll. I am doubtful he does, but that was the condition laid down.
I feel like you did not read what I posted at all.

[Insert Neat Username Here]
2008-04-10, 04:36 PM

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Gabe_Newell's_FAQ

And though I couldn't find it, one Valve employee, though he didn't name names, described somebody who sounded a lot like Boll and said that he would never direct a half-life movie.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-10, 04:44 PM

Way to ruin our fun, Nevrmore. :annoyed:

Eita
2008-04-10, 04:49 PM
168453rd signature. This man is a stain on not only the genres he has entered but filmmaking as a whole.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 05:01 PM
Way to ruin our fun, Nevrmore. :annoyed:
"WHAT THE HELL, MAN?! We weren't bothering you, beating this chained up horse to death. What gives you the right to tell us what we can and can't do? Jackass!"

Eita
2008-04-10, 05:36 PM
False analogy. Boll is not a chained-up horse. He is a man who has repeatedly antagonized over one hundred thousand people and will never admit fault. He's more of an alligator eating the village children.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 05:39 PM
False analogy. Boll is not a chained-up horse. He is a man who has repeatedly antagonized over one hundred thousand people and will never admit fault. He's more of an alligator eating the village children.
He's antagonized "over one hundred thousand people" because they get so ferociously enraged over his movies you would think that they were crammed full with every racial, religious, and other prejudice epithet he could possibly fit into two hours ending with him walking on screen, facing the camera, and saying sternly, "F*ck you."

Face it, you are all pathetic.

Eita
2008-04-10, 05:47 PM
I was actually talking his narcissism and such. He can be forgiven for making bad movies, but he cannot be forgiven for being a total a$shole.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 05:50 PM
I like him better for that.

"Always forgive your enemy. Nothing angers them moreso" (or something like that)

streakster
2008-04-10, 05:52 PM
169755! Going on up!

Nevrmore: The fact that you are getting your nuts in a twist over us making fun of Uwe Boll speaks volumes more about you than us.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 05:53 PM
I feel like you did not read what I posted at all.

I had the same feeling about you, in regards tot he thread. It was posited that he was just trolling, you see..

Eita
2008-04-10, 05:59 PM

"Always forgive your enemy. Nothing angers them moreso" (or something like that)

You like him because he's an a$shole? Also, how the hell does that quote have to do with anything? He has not forgiven anyone. Please, stop being nonsensical.

Also, judging people, ON THE INTERNET generally is a sign of a rather petty individual. Well, perhaps petty is the wrong word. Overtly judgmental to the point of being an @ss?

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 06:00 PM
I had the same feeling about you, in regards tot he thread. It was posited that he was just trolling, you see..
And yet people are still becoming livid other everything that comes out the guy's mouth, so my point of people getting their nuts in a twist still stands.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-10, 06:02 PM

Aha! So we are doing a valuable service! If we didn't antagonize Uwe Boll, then he never would have made that video, and you wouldn't get the chance to like him better!

...Also, you mistakenly assume that I have some personal grudge against Dr Boll. I don't. He's just some delusion guy who's nowhere near as good at making movies as he thinks. I'm just curious as to what will happen if he does get a million signatures. In the long run, I don't care: With the tax loophole gone, his funds will dry up, and he'll shrivel away into obscurity.

I mean, seriously, challenging your critics to a boxing match? That's a nice publicity stunt, but there's no way I can take him seriously after that.

Eita
2008-04-10, 06:05 PM
And yet people are still becoming livid other everything that comes out the guy's mouth, so my point of people getting their nuts in a twist still stands.

Unfair comparison. I can't speak for all, but I would not punch him in the face for saying "Hello." However, we do get livid when he spouts narcissistic rants.

Sucrose
2008-04-10, 06:11 PM

Why do you assume that we're all absolutely livid? I was shocked by the extent of his narcissism, and sought to punish him for it. It took all of five seconds of my day. As many have pointed out, what we do doesn't, ultimately, matter. If he winds up quitting, it will have little to nothing to do with how many signatures have been accumulated.

Signing the petition is akin to throwing him the finger, and is nothing more than a sign that we dislike some aspect of him as a filmmaker.

Also, you're taking quite a lot of time to argue with us. Rather getting your nuts in a twist, are you not?

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 06:14 PM
You like him because he's an a$shole? Also, how the hell does that quote have to do with anything? He has not forgiven anyone. Please, stop being nonsensical.
I'm actually just hoping people will get mad that I compared Uwe Boll to Oscar Wilde

Also, judging people, ON THE INTERNET generally is a sign of a rather petty individual. Well, perhaps petty is the wrong word. Overtly judgmental to the point of being an @ss?
The internet, as I see it, is the best place to see how someone truly feels about anything. And yes, I am an ass. So I don't see what your point is on either topic.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 06:18 PM
Why do you assume that we're all absolutely livid?
I read the thread.

Also, you're taking quite a lot of time to argue with us. Rather getting your nuts in a twist, are you not?
Has the strawman done something bad to you? Is that why you're throwing him out to the dogs like this?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 06:18 PM
You should sig that.

But yes, Boll's a talentless ass, and a big time con. Or he was, at least. The last part, of course. And, since seeing the things that made your hours more pleasurable utterly massacred is not fun, I understand why many people dislike him mightily.

Sucrose
2008-04-10, 06:26 PM
I read the thread.

Has the strawman done something bad to you? Is that why you're throwing him out to the dogs like this?

And, like you read the thread, I read your posts. I felt that your posts were rather rantish. Thus, I called it like I saw it. Just as you, presumably, called how you saw it.

Anyway, you claim not to be especially emotional right now, and, not having x-ray satellites, I'll buy it. However, you ought to keep in mind that you may have likewise misconstrued others' statements.

Incidentally, I fail to see how I made a strawman argument. You're welcome to explain, but I'd argue that pointing out that your posts have about as much emotion in them as most of the others on this thread is highly relevant to your claim that people are "getting their nuts in a twist."

If you're claiming that I'm misconstruing your emotional state, and that constitutes a strawman, then please read above. I felt that your posts were emotional, hence I called it that. Being mistaken and being deceitful are two very different things.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 06:27 PM
And, like you read the thread, I read your posts. I felt that your posts were rather rantish. Thus, I called it like I saw it. Just as you, presumably, called how you saw it.

Anyway, you claim not to be especially emotional right now, and, not having x-ray satellites, I'll buy it. However, you ought to keep in mind that you may have likewise misconstrued others' statements.

Incidentally, I fail to see how I made a strawman argument. You're welcome to explain, but I'd argue that pointing out that your posts have about as much emotion in them as most of the others on this thread is highly relevant to your claim that people are "getting their nuts in a twist."
So then let's just settle on the obvious answer of I'm right. I accept, thank you good sir.

Sucrose
2008-04-10, 06:31 PM
So then let's just settle on the obvious answer of I'm right. I accept, thank you good sir.

Yes, we should settle on the obvious answer that I'm right. I accept, and thank you, sir.

If you wish to behave childishly, I shall respond in kind. I feel that a more rational conclusion would be that it's foolish to try to discern emotion on teh intarwebz, and thus that you should withdraw your complaint about the people on this thread getting their nuts in a twist, as I likewise withdraw my argument that you are being just as emotional.

bluish_wolf
2008-04-10, 06:32 PM
I'm actually just hoping people will get mad that I compared Uwe Boll to Oscar Wilde

The internet, as I see it, is the best place to see how someone truly feels about anything. And yes, I am an ass. So I don't see what your point is on either topic.

I don't really care about any of this, but it's odd that you say people say what they truly feel on the internet immediately after admitting that you just said something to get a reaction out of people

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 06:38 PM
I don't really care about any of this, but it's odd that you say people say what they truly feel on the internet immediately after admitting that you just said something to get a reaction out of people
Another strawman. I never said that people are always 100% truthful when they post on the internet. What I said was that, when they give their opiniosn, they give it honestly.

Raroy
2008-04-10, 06:57 PM
I find your accusations of calling opposing ideals strawman arguments to be a strawman argument. My reasoning for this may or may not exist.

bluish_wolf
2008-04-10, 07:15 PM
Another strawman. I never said that people are always 100% truthful when they post on the internet. What I said was that, when they give their opiniosn, they give it honestly.

That what's I find odd. That you seem to believe people give their honest opinion on the internet when you know well and good that a lot of people do just the opposite. Trolls, for instance.

streakster
2008-04-10, 07:23 PM

So they are not telling the truth. Just being honest.

Brain...hurts...can't...take...logical contradiction!

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 07:34 PM
So they are not telling the truth. Just being honest.

Brain...hurts...can't...take...logical contradiction!
I'm not surprised your brain hurts.

Let me lay it out for you:

1. On the internet, when a person posts their opinion, they are posting it with complete honesty.

2. People do not always post their opinions on the internet. Thusly, they are not always confined to be honest.

I find your accusations of calling opposing ideals strawman arguments to be a strawman argument. My reasoning for this may or may not exist.
I think you don't know what an ideal nor a strawman argument is.

bluish_wolf
2008-04-10, 07:37 PM
Well that's obvious. If you weren't being honest, it wouldn't be your opinion, it would be someone else's. It is impossible to lie while expressing your opinion, since if you did, it wouldn't be your opinion.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 07:43 PM
Why are we still humoring Nevrmore again? He seems to just be posting for the sake of generating an argument.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 07:48 PM
Why are we still humoring Nevrmore again? He seems to just be posting for the sake of generating an argument.
Who are you?

Also, "still" humoring me "again"?

Rutee
2008-04-10, 07:53 PM
Again, as in, "Why are we doing this again?"

And who I am is somewhat inconsequential; You have shown a lack of understanding of the concept of a strawman, despite a willingness to throw the term out. More importantly, you have admitted to be posting things for the sake of getting reactions of (Presumably) anger. You have also claimed to be an ass, and from that, we can surmise that you were out to anger people for your own amusement. Why should anyone continue to indulge you?

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 07:54 PM

Indeed. He is apparently under the impression that it is wrong to hate someone for not only seemingly deliberately making what are almost unanimously considered the absolute worst adaptations ever, but also being a pompous ******* who insults everyone who criticises his movies and thinks he's a better director than George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Peter Jackson combined. If this doesn't work, nothing will. Other than waiting for Uwe's funds to dwindle to nothing.
He's also apparently a troll.

streakster
2008-04-10, 07:55 PM
I'm not surprised your brain hurts.

Let me lay it out for you:

1. On the internet, when a person posts their opinion, they are posting it with complete honesty.

2. People do not always post their opinions on the internet. Thusly, they are not always confined to be honest.

Ok, let me see if I got it.

All people who post their own opinion on the internet do so with perfect honesty.

They can post things that are not their opinion too, though. These "faux-opinions" (or "lies" for short) are indistinguishable from the above.

So everyone on the internet is honest, unless they're lying.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

EDIT:
First Motivational poster!
http://members.aol.com/plittle/StrawmanPoster.jpg

Since this word came up earlier...

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 07:56 PM
Win, my good man. Pure win.

Steven the Lich
Wow. From what I've seen in this thread, thousands of people really hate this guy. Such hatred reminds me of the monkey who directed the movie of Eragon. Good book, bad movie. Only in this case, its good game and bad movie.

I cannot actually go on what people are saying, since Seanbaby's review on the matter seems... well... exaggerated somewhat. Although I have seen House of the Dead 2, and it seems to rather suck in my view. Was that movie done by Uwe too?

Did the guy really host a show that had him beat up critics? Did he really purposely avoid a challenge?
As far as directing decisions go, I can see he made bad calls (naming a guy Marco not one of them), but I find some of the stuff incredulous. I'll need to see some of the movies before I actually vote.
EDIT: I just saw a few scenes from Postal... and it was so bad... I laughed. It serves well for a comedy... but it has no story it seems.

Shas aia Toriia
Alright, I signed.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 08:01 PM
171247 and counting. All we must do now is repeat the process six times.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 08:09 PM
Again, as in, "Why are we doing this again?"
"Why are we still arguing with Nevrmore why are we doing this again?"

Ok, let me see if I got it.

All people who post their own opinion on the internet do so with perfect honesty.

They can post things that are not their opinion too, though. These "faux-opinions" (or "lies" for short) are indistinguishable from the above.

So everyone on the internet is honest, unless they're lying.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

You must live in an interesting world where everything people say is their opinion.

"So yeah, I think that gravity keeps people down."

"Yeah? Well you can go f*ck yourself, Newton."

The professor then proceeded to float away from the meeting hall and enjoy a nice dinner with his wife on the underside of a cliff.

---

Haha, we have fun. Now to the heart of the matter.

Let's take a hypothetical situation. Let's say you support the war in Iraq. Now, I have no idea whatsoever your view on the war, but for all intents and purposes, you love it and think that them damn Middle-Easterners oughta git.

But then, when you're at school, a topic of discussion about the war comes up. You notice that a lot of people in your class seem to have anti-war sentiments. In the interest of retaining your status and not to be seen as anything other than what you are by these people, you downplay your acceptance of the war.

Is it lying? Maybe. That's your bag.

But then you come home and you're on the net and you see a debate sparked on one of the forums you frequent. Well, who cares what they think about you? It's the internet! You feel no need to hide your true feelings and let them rip.

GIFT, man. Come on.

Indeed. He is apparently under the impression that it is wrong to hate someone for not only seemingly deliberately making what are almost unanimously considered the absolute worst adaptations ever, but also being a pompous ******* who insults everyone who criticises his movies and thinks he's a better director than George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Peter Jackson combined. If this doesn't work, nothing will. Other than waiting for Uwe's funds to dwindle to nothing.
He's also apparently a troll.
You're making quite a lot of assumptions right there.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 08:15 PM
Actually, he REALLY said he was better than those three combined. Looking up the 'zines and tabloids as we post.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 08:18 PM
Actually, he REALLY said he was better than those three combined. Looking up the 'zines and tabloids as we post.
Hm, seriously?

Well, Lucas has waned in artistic skill in the past few years...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 08:20 PM
You tell me. Fact is, he lost a lot of credit after the first two movies of the new trilogy. I still can't wait for him to make the last three. I hope Kyle Katarn gets in.

Spielberg and Jackson make up for it, though.

streakster
2008-04-10, 08:24 PM

Let's take a hypothetical situation. Let's say you support the war in Iraq. Now, I have no idea whatsoever your view on the war, but for all intents and purposes, you love it and think that them damn Middle-Easterners oughta git.

But then, when you're at school, a topic of discussion about the war comes up. You notice that a lot of people in your class seem to have anti-war sentiments. In the interest of retaining your status and not to be seen as anything other than what you are by these people, you downplay your acceptance of the war.

...at school, a topic of discussion about the war comes up. You notice that a lot of people in your class seem to have anti-war sentiments. When the discussion falls to you, you state your opinion truthfully.

But then you come home and you're on the net and you see a debate sparked on one of the forums you frequent. Well, who cares what they think about you? It's the internet! You feel no need to hide your true feelings and let them rip.

But then you come home and you're on the net and you see a debate sparked on the forums you frequent. These are your friends, and to fit in you downplay your acceptance of the war.

Yes, people will lie about their opinion to fit in -in the real world, OR on the Net. Additionally, on the Net, people will lie about their opinion for fun, or to troll. There's additional reasons right there. Heck, sometimes, they'll lie about an opinion merely to prove a point:

" I enjoy Uwe Boll's movies."

There, someone on the internet has lied about what their opinion is. Since one has, the statement that all people on the Internet state their opinions truthfully is false.

Now your original statement - that the Internet is the best place to learn someone's opinion - may well be true (I disagree). Your later statement, that people on the internet give true accounts of what their opinion is, is demonstrably false.

Next topic!

Anteros
2008-04-10, 08:26 PM
Look people, I have never seen Nevr post in a thread where he did not seek to start an argument. You're best off just ignoring him, or at most reporting him for trolling. I don't come here to be upset by someone who irritates people for jollies, and I'm pretty sure none of you do either.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 08:27 PM
...at school, a topic of discussion about the war comes up. You notice that a lot of people in your class seem to have anti-war sentiments. When the discussion falls to you, you state your opinion truthfully.

But then you come home and you're on the net and you see a debate sparked on the forums you frequent. These are your friends, and to fit in you downplay your acceptance of the war.

Yes, people will lie about their opinion to fit in -in the real world, OR on the Net. Additionally, on the Net, people will lie about their opinion for fun, or to troll. There's additional reasons right there. Heck, sometimes, they'll lie about an opinion merely to prove a point:

" I enjoy Uwe Boll's movies."

There, someone on the internet has lied about what their opinion is. Since one has, the statement that all people on the Internet state their opinions truthfully is false.

Now your original statement - that the Internet is the best place to learn someone's opinion - may well be true (I disagree). Your later statement, that people on the internet give true accounts of what their opinion is, is demonstrably false.

Next topic!
Lordy, you don't understand what I'm trying to say at all.

Indeed, next topic. Even if you can teach an ape sign language, I'm not going to try and take the time.

streakster
2008-04-10, 08:31 PM
Lordy, you don't understand what I'm trying to say at all.

Indeed, next topic. Even if you can teach an ape sign language, I'm not going to try and take the time.

Hmm, sorry? I honestly thought I had it, and had disproved it. If you could restate it, I'd quite like to read it and see what I misunderstood.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 08:38 PM

You must live in an interesting world where everything people say is their opinion.

The professor then proceeded to float away from the meeting hall and enjoy a nice dinner with his wife on the underside of a cliff.

---

GIFT, man. Come on.

No, I'm not. Uwe is exactly as I described him. You also seem to be refusing to explain why you think he's such a great guy. You also admit to being an ass, calling any other argument strawman, and according to Anteros, you post for the sole purpose of annoying people. Now please restate your argument on why I should not wish him to retire forcibly before Half-Life is butchered into crap incarnate.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 08:50 PM
Hmm, sorry? I honestly thought I had it, and had disproved it. If you could restate it, I'd quite like to read it and see what I misunderstood.
You're taking my claims to be "Everything people post on the internet is their opinion, and their opinion is always true, thus everything they post must be true."

Whereas I'm just saying, when they do post their opinion, they are posting exactly what they think, without sugarcoating it or anything of the sort.

No, I'm not. Uwe is exactly as I described him. You also seem to be refusing to explain why you think he's such a great guy.
I don't. I don't particularly like his movies and he does seem like an ass, in general. I just find the amount of hatred you people hold for him because he has bad movies and acts like a douchebag to be hilariously ridiculous.

You also admit to being an ass,
Yep.

calling any other argument strawman,
I've said that exactly two of the arguments presented against me were strawmen. At least you seem to have a problem with blowing things out of proportion, which would serve to explain your hatred of Boll.

and according to Anteros, you post for the sole purpose of annoying people.
So?

Now please restate your argument on why I should not wish him to retire forcibly before Half-Life is butchered into crap incarnate.
Reread that sentence tomorrow when hopefully your head is cooler. Maybe then you'll realize how ridiculous it is.

streakster
2008-04-10, 08:57 PM
You're taking my claims to be "Everything people post on the internet is their opinion, and their opinion is always true, thus everything they post must be true."

Whereas I'm just saying, when they do post their opinion, they are posting exactly what they think, without sugarcoating it or anything of the sort.

Ah, all right. That's much more clear. Thank you.

That's false. When they post their opinion, they can sugarcoat it or such regardless of where they express it.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 09:00 PM
Ah, all right. That's much more clear. Thank you.

That's false. When they post their opinion, they can sugarcoat it or such regardless of where they post it.
And I say that's false. I say that the internet is the absolute best place to find out where a person really stands on any issue.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 09:04 PM

I don't. I don't particularly like his movies and he does seem like an ass, in general. I just find the amount of hatred you people hold for him because he has bad movies and acts like a douchebag to be hilariously ridiculous.

Yep.

I've said that exactly two of the arguments presented against me were strawmen. At least you seem to have a problem with blowing things out of proportion, which would serve to explain your hatred of Boll.

So?

Reread that sentence tomorrow when hopefully your head is cooler. Maybe then you'll realize how ridiculous it is.

Dear gods, where to begin?
We are perfectly within our rights to want who is nigh-unanimously considered to be among the worst directors of all time to retire. And he is. His movies propagnate the image that "All VG movies suck", isn't that a reason to hate him?
That may have been exaggerating, but neither actually were strawmen.
If you say that to not want my favorite game series to be turned into a horrible movie, and that wanting the director of all the other terrible movies to JUST GODDAMN STOP is ridiculous...well...I'd say at this point you're just posting to annoy me. This is a really, really bad argument, particularly since it admits that the poster is essentially a troll.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 09:12 PM
Dear gods, where to begin?
We are perfectly within our rights to want who is nigh-unanimously considered to be among the worst directors of all time to retire.
And I'm perfectly within my rights to say that you're ridiculous.

And he is.
Proof?

His movies propagnate the image that "All VG movies suck", isn't that a reason to hate him?
I'm going to make an assumption that anyone who is not particularly video-game or film savvy will have a good knowledge of who Uwe Boll is. Both of those groups should at least be knowledgeable enough to know what movies are good and what are bad.

If you say that to not want my favorite game series to be turned into a horrible movie, and that wanting the director of all the other terrible movies to JUST GODDAMN STOP is ridiculous...well...I'd say at this point you're just posting to annoy me. This is a really, really bad argument, particularly since it admits that the poster is essentially a troll.
I say that, unless someone is forcing you to see these Uwe Boll movies and until this point I've been unaware of it, yes, it is ridiculous to get mad at someone for making an adaptation of your favorite game that no one in the entire world is going to make you see.

Gamiress
2008-04-10, 09:13 PM
Don't feed the troll, people.

Signed the anti-Boll petition.

bluish_wolf
2008-04-10, 09:16 PM
And I say that's false. I say that the internet is the absolute best place to find out where a person really stands on any issue.

Just because someone says something that isn't sugarcoated doesn't mean that what they are saying is truly what they believe. If someone says something that sounds passionate, they may just be trying to get a response out of other people by exaggerating what they believe. It's isn't that uncommon.

While underplaying your beliefs is a lie, overplaying them is a lie, too.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 09:29 PM
And I'm perfectly within my rights to say that you're ridiculous.

And that is an opinion, not a unanimously-agreed statement backed up by virtually every movie critic.

Proof?
Does the majority of his films ending up on the Bottom 100 list on RT and the remainder being panned by nearly everyone who saw them count, or do I have to summon Cthulu and ask him?

I'm going to make an assumption that anyone who is not particularly video-game or film savvy will have a good knowledge of who Uwe Boll is. Both of those groups should at least be knowledgeable enough to know what movies are good and what are bad.
Huh? The idea that everyone hates them is actually denying your own argument.

I say that, unless someone is forcing you to see these Uwe Boll movies and until this point I've been unaware of it, yes, it is ridiculous to get mad at someone for making an adaptation of your favorite game that no one in the entire world is going to make you see.
Well, no, I'm not being forced to see them, it's just that video games deserve better. This man is ruining their entire public image. He turned Bloodrayne from an absolutely awesome game to an absolutely horrible movie. And I get mad when great stuff that everyone loved is turned into absolute crap by a talentless, self-satisfied, jerkass. Last post arguing on the matter, as your next post will simply be something along the lines of

BUT SIX YOU'RE OVERREACTING TO PATENT JERKASSERY AND NO ONE'S GONNA SEE THEM ANYWAY SO THAT MAKES IT OKAY AND EVERY CRITIC OPINION DOESN'T MATTER LOL

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 09:30 PM
Why? No one's truly anonymous on the net. (I know your e-mail, and IM, by the way. Five minute's work for a completely unskilled newb.)

Anonymity, or the illusion thereof, doesn't produce honesty alone in people. It also produces all the same faults humanity normally has, just magnified.

But I've read some of your chat logs from over at the LivingWithStyle forums, and it's plain to see that you really are just trolling. So I'll take Anteros' advice and just ignore you.

Let's get back to Uwe bashing, folks.
So finding things that a person intentionally makes public is an argument against anonymity?

I'm sure if you googled hard enough you definitely could find those places where I posted my picture or my name, but the miniscule fear of that doesn't change my opinion any. And that opinion is:

The people acting like Boll is a serial killer who just got parole are intensely infuriated, (over)-reactionary, deluded to visions of superiority, and hilarious.

P.S. [email protected] and JoJoBizarro are both e-mails and screennames I no longer use. I'm just too lethargic to update.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 09:36 PM
And that is an opinion, not a unanimously-agreed statement backed up by virtually every movie critic.
Again, proof.

Does the majority of his films ending up on the Bottom 100 list on RT and the remainder being panned by nearly everyone who saw them count, or do I have to summon Cthulu and ask him?
Is he worse than Ed Wood?

Huh? The idea that everyone hates them is actually denying your own argument.
Again, I would be surprised if anybody other than gamers, extraordinary internet goers, and film enthusiats knew how to pronounce "Uwe Boll," much less who he was and his filmography.

Well, no, I'm not being forced to see them,
Thank you.

it's just that video games deserve better. This man is ruining their entire public image.
You should be happy that their public image should shift from "Disgusting, perverted murder simulators" to "Fodder for crappy movies."

He turned Bloodrayne from an absolutely awesome game
Bloodrayne was only average for me.

to an absolutely horrible movie. And I get mad when great stuff that everyone loved is turned into absolute crap by a talentless, self-satisfied, jerkass. Last post arguing on the matter, as your next post will simply be something along the lines of
Ah, finality, a sure sign of your victory.

Steven the Lich
2008-04-10, 09:37 PM

---

GIFT, man. Come on.

Nevrmore, are you a supporter of Uwe, or do you hate him? Because if you support him, you probably should stay out of this thread, you can only get blows launched against you.

Well, I looked up Boll and stuff... and I have little to say about him thats good. His movies are lucky to get no comment, and have uncanny luck on his side if the comment is good. He makes poor video game adaptions, he doesn't seem to react well to critics, has a knack of scenes of mature content. Beats up his critics brutally, possibly lying to them in the process to make them lower their guard. Seems to be very fearful of guys with experience and age and weight, and mocks the people he fought which were nerds in actuality.
Plenty more negative stuff...

Things do not look good for him. I still need to see his movies before voting, but I'm not with him at all.
EDIT: Woah, how the time just flew by while I typed...

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 09:42 PM
Nevrmore, are you a supporter of Uwe, or do you hate him? Because if you support him, you probably should stay out of this thread, you can only get blows launched against you.
Support? Nah. I don't particularly enjoy any of his movies and honestly if he stopped making them I wouldn't care either way.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 09:42 PM
So finding things that a person intentionally makes public is an argument against anonymity?

I'm sure if you googled hard enough you definitely could find those places where I posted my picture or my name, but the miniscule fear of that doesn't change my opinion any. And that opinion is:

The people acting like Boll is a serial killer who just got parole are intensely infuriated, (over)-reactionary, deluded to visions of superiority, and hilarious.

P.S. [email protected] and JoJoBizarro are both e-mails and screennames I no longer use. I'm just too lethargic to update.

No. No. No. We want him to retire, but for the most part, we're joking. Also, insulting the majority of posters here, being hypocritical by saying we act like he's a serial killer on parole, but criticising mine for exaggerating, saying we all have delusions of self-superiority without backing it up in any way whatsoever, and trolling are not ways to support your argument. Also, my other one was a lie, as I continued to respond to you, but what the hell.

Anteros
2008-04-10, 09:43 PM
The great thing about how he mocked the people he beat up? He told them the entire thing was a good natured PR stunt, and that they would just play around a bit in the ring. Not fight for real. He then proceeded to beat them mercilessly inside the ring.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other for his movies. I know they suck, so I just don't go see them. I cannot stand him as a human being though.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 09:46 PM
No. No. No. We want him to retire, but for the most part, we're joking. Also, insulting the majority of posters here, being hypocritical by saying we act like he's a serial killer on parole, but criticising mine for exaggerating, saying we all have delusions of self-superiority without backing it up in any way whatsoever, and trolling are not ways to support your argument. Also, my other one was a lie, as I continued to respond to you, but what the hell.
I'm not looking for friends, and after all, the internet is the place where you can find out what people truly feel, right?

It works both ways, after all.

The great thing about how he mocked the people he beat up? He told them the entire thing was a good natured PR stunt, and that they would just play around a bit in the ring. Not fight for real. He then proceeded to beat them mercilessly inside the ring.
That, if true, is awesome.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 09:48 PM
Again, proof.

Is he worse than Ed Wood?

Again, I would be surprised if anybody other than gamers, extraordinary internet goers, and film enthusiats knew how to pronounce "Uwe Boll," much less who he was and his filmography.

Thank you.

You should be happy that their public image should shift from "Disgusting, perverted murder simulators" to "Fodder for crappy movies."

Bloodrayne was only average for me.

Ah, finality, a sure sign of your victory.

I GAVE PROOF.
YES. What does that have to do with my argument, anyway?
Obscurity doesn't help total lack of quality.
No, I'm not. It doesn't help their image in any way.
Okay, it wasn't that great, but it was eighteen billion times better than the movie. Same with House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark.
That was a lie, actually.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 09:52 PM
I'm not looking for friends, and after all, the internet is the place where you can find out what people truly feel, right?

It works both ways, after all.

NO.
I said it made your already bad argument lack credibility, not that it'll help make friends. And the internet is a source of information and communication.

Steven the Lich
2008-04-10, 09:55 PM

Personally, I don't care one way or the other for his movies. I know they suck, so I just don't go see them. I cannot stand him as a human being though.

Injuring one seriously enough to force the guy to wear an oxygen mask, which he would take off to vommit. You can forget that. And when someone pointed at the puddles saying to Boll "Look at what you did!" Uwe just said "It was boxing". The guy he beated up never even critised his works, he just was the runner up since the guy who was the founder of the place the critic worked for was "out of the consideration" for size or weight. He acted like it was a feat of strength. Honestly... I find it just brutal. And over a matter of critics, no matter how bad they were in the reviews.

Anteros
And suddenly your behavior is explained. The fact that you think people being tricked and beaten to a pulp in order to stroke a fool's ego is "awesome" speaks volumes about you.

Darkone8752
While that is indeed awesome in a certain definition of the sense- it also shows hes a moraly bankrupt assclown whos tough enough to beat on a few tiny (reletively speaking of coursE) people whom didn't stand a chance against him, but screams and runs at the sight of someone who actually has some physical form behind himself.

Nevrmore
I GAVE PROOF.
No, I saw you make an extremely vague generalization and present it as proof.

YES. What does that have to do with my argument, anyway?
Ed Wood was considered to be an extremely horrible director.

Obscurity doesn't help total lack of quality.
True, but what I'm saying is that I doubt it will pull in enough people for it to make any difference.

No, I'm not. It doesn't help their image in any way.
Well in a perfect world I would assume that such an image would mean an end to the whole ban on videogames controversy.

Okay, it wasn't that great, but it was eighteen billion times better than the movie. Same with House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark.
That was a lie, actually.
Wait, was Alone in the Dark a video game?? I thought it was just a crappy ghost story.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 09:56 PM
Oh my...
Uwe Boll is really, really good at making me lose faith in humanity.

Darkone8752
2008-04-10, 09:58 PM
Oh my...
Uwe Boll is really, really good at making me lose faith in humanity.

You still have faith? In humanity??

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 10:06 PM
No, I saw you make an extremely vague generalization and present it as proof.
Huh. Unanimous critical opinion is vague. GET A FREAKING DICTIONARY.

Ed Wood was considered to be an extremely horrible director.
Boll is considered worse.

True, but what I'm saying is that I doubt it will pull in enough people for it to make any difference.
So they won't kill the image anymore. They will still be a two-hour flipoff to fans.

Well in a perfect world I would assume that such an image would mean an end to the whole ban on videogames controversy.
Hint: WE DON'T LIVE IN A PERFECT WORLD. Video games have an image as violent, but so do R-rated movies. Those sell like hotcakes. If R-rated movies were named only as stuff you could turn into crappy games, it wouldn't be an improvement.

Wait, was Alone in the Dark a video game?? I thought it was just a crappy ghost story.
Y'know, for someone who hates strawman, that had nothing to do with what I said.
I don't know why I keep posting, honestly. You keep firing in the wrong direction while the point is in another country.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 10:08 PM
You still have faith? In humanity??

It's gone into the negatives at this point.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 10:14 PM
Huh. Unanimous critical opinion is vague. GET A FREAKING DICTIONARY.
Considering the fact that you refuse to give anything clearer than "unanimous critical opinion" as people decrying Boll's works, yes, that is vague.

You also didn't deny the fact that it was a generalization.

Boll is considered worse.
That's interesting. Did you happen to come across an article that compared the two, maybe including public polls where the people decided that Uwe Boll had less directing talent than Ed Wood conclusively? If so, link?

So they won't kill the image anymore. They will still be a two-hour flipoff to fans.
If a "fan" pays 13 bucks to go see a movie that they are supposedly sure is going to be a suckfest, they deserve to have a two-hour flipoff.

Hint: WE DON'T LIVE IN A PERFECT WORLD. Video games have an image as violent, but so do R-rated movies. Those sell like hotcakes.
The most lucrative film industry to break into would actually be children's movies in the G to PG range.

If R-rated movies were named only as stuff you could turn into crappy games, it wouldn't be an improvement.
You're comparing R-rated movies to video games based on the sole fact that "they are violent." Your analogy doesn't hold water at all.

Y'know, for someone who hates strawman, that had nothing to do with what I said.
First off, a strawman has nothing to do with a deviation from the main point. You might be thinking of "non sequitor."

Second, by not arguing the point and instead posing a query I was agreeing with you that the video game versions of BloodRayne and House of the Dead were indeed better than their movie counterparts.

DomaDoma
2008-04-10, 10:18 PM
I haven't seen either of the two directors' films, but judging by what other people wrote on the matter, Ed Wood is better than Uwe Boll in that at least he was earnest about it.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 10:40 PM
Considering the fact that you refuse to give anything clearer than "unanimous critical opinion" as people decrying Boll's works, yes, that is vague.

You also didn't deny the fact that it was a generalization.
I give up. There is no way you can be serious. Essentially unanimous negative critical opinion means people hate the movie the opinion is based on. In other news, the sky is blue.

That's interesting. Did you happen to come across an article that compared the two, maybe including public polls where the people decided that Uwe Boll had less directing talent than Ed Wood conclusively? If so, link?
Well, Alone in the Dark was named second-worst movie ever, but no Ed Wood movie never made it near that.

If a "fan" pays 13 bucks to go see a movie that they are supposedly sure is going to be a suckfest, they deserve to have a two-hour flipoff.
I'm not saying they're stupid to go to a Boll movie and expect something good, I'm saying they're infuriated that something they love was turned into crap.

The most lucrative film industry to break into would actually be children's movies in the G to PG range.
So? R-rated movies are common and sell a lot, I'd say people like them.

You're comparing R-rated movies to video games based on the sole fact that "they are violent." Your analogy doesn't hold water at all.
How so? I said a similar public image of violence and sex, not that the public had the exact same opinion.

First off, a strawman has nothing to do with a deviation from the main point. You might be thinking of "non sequitor."
Second, by not arguing the point and instead posing a query I was agreeing with you that the video game versions of BloodRayne and House of the Dead were indeed better than their movie counterparts.
Fine.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 10:48 PM
I give up. There is no way you can be serious. Essentially unanimous negative critical opinion means people hate the movie the opinion is based on. In other news, the sky is blue.
You seem to think that "vagueness" means "Not many people think this." Vagueness means ill-defined terms. "Universally criticized" is a poor definition.

Well, Alone in the Dark was named second-worst movie ever, but no Ed Wood movie never made it near that.
"By merit of its writing, unconvincing special effects, and multiple production errors visible in the final version of the film, Plan 9 from Outer Space is sometimes regarded as a leading candidate for the title of "worst movie ever made". It has also earned Edward D. Wood, Jr. a posthumous Golden Turkey Award as the worst director ever."
Plan 9 From Outer Space (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_outer_space)

I
I'm not saying they're stupid to go to a Boll movie and expect something good, I'm saying they're infuriated that something they love was turned into crap.
No, I'M saying they're stupid to go to a Boll movie and expect something good.

So? R-rated movies are common and sell a lot, I'd say people like them.
Another generalization.

How so? I said a similar public image of violence and sex, not that the public had the exact same opinion.
Fair enough.

Tyrant
2008-04-10, 11:28 PM
I believe looking through some of these links will help shed some light on the "facts" that some choose to willfully ignore.
http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom?tt0369226
Note he has 3 movies on this list that he directed. Of 5 that are in wide release in the US. One of the other 2 was formerly on that list. Compare the vote counts his movies recieved with others around them. Some around his just got bad ratings by a few. A very large number trash his movies in comparison.
Here is what he has directed/produced/wrote/whatever
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/
House of the Dead (his first major US film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317676/ A score of 2.0 amongst nearly 15,000 votes and spot number 35 on the bottom 100 Clicking the number of votes gives you a detailed breakdown of the votes.
Alone in the Dark (movie number 2)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369226/ A slightly higher score of 2.2 from over 17,500 votes giving it the #66 spot on the bottom 100
Bloodrayne (3)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383222/ A might 2.6 from a little over 14,000 votes somehow lifting it out of the bottom 100
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (4)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/ An astonsihing 3.7 from 8,500 or so votes.
BloodRayne II: Deliverance (5)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896036/ A 2.3 from about 2,500 votes earning it spot #73 in the bottom 100. Now, this one is less voted, but it was straight to DVD and has only had 7 months to really spread it's evil.
As far as I can tell, Seed and Postal have yet to release so they weren't included.

If you look under trivia for Boll, found here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/bio you find this amazing bit of trivia
"All three of the films he's directed that were based upon video games, House of the Dead (2003), Alone in the Dark (2005), and BloodRayne (2005) are listed on the IMDb Bottom 100. The other seven films he's directed, including Heart of America (2003), Blackwoods (2002) and Erste Semester, Das (1997) are not widely available in America, but have received similarly low ratings among those who have seen them." Now in fairness, this is a little dated as Bloodrayne 1 managed to ascend just beyond the bottom 100. However, it's sequel filled in for it. This would be something close to the public poll some people are demanding as proof that his movies universally suck.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 11:31 PM
At least someone is willing to put more effort than typing three words into a post box to prove their point.

Sixscimitars
2008-04-10, 11:33 PM
You seem to think that "vagueness" means "Not many people think this." Vagueness means ill-defined terms. "Universally criticized" is a poor definition.
No. If the question is "do people hate Boll movies?", then proof as testament from virtually every movie critic with some credibility is NOT VAGUE. It is showing that Boll movies are universally panned.

"By merit of its writing, unconvincing special effects, and multiple production errors visible in the final version of the film, Plan 9 from Outer Space is sometimes regarded as a leading candidate for the title of "worst movie ever made". It has also earned Edward D. Wood, Jr. a posthumous Golden Turkey Award as the worst director ever."
Plan 9 From Outer Space (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_outer_space)
Plan Nine was crappy in that it was an especially bad B-movie. Uwe Boll movies are especially bad movies, period.

No, I'M saying they're stupid to go to a Boll movie and expect something good.
Point being, they don't. They aren't stupid, they consider Uwe to be insulting something they love.

Another generalization.
There Will Be Blood. R-rating. Too many awards to count. 72 million dollar box office. Sweeny Todd. R-rating. Numerous Golden Globes. 150 million dollar box office. Atonement. Appeared on every alternate top ten list. Too many awards to count. 125 million dollar box office.
The movies dominated at the awards. All R-rated.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 11:42 PM
At least someone is willing to put more effort than typing three words into a post box to prove their point.

Does the Irony amuse anyone else? Because I know I'm amused.

Fawkes
2008-04-10, 11:43 PM

Uwe Boll's movies vary from 1% to 11% on RottenTomatoes. Universally criticized.

Plan 9 from Outer Space has a 60% rating, much higher than all of Boll's movies COMBINED.

Icewalker
2008-04-10, 11:48 PM
By the way, just a little point which seems to have been overlooked:

You are arguing that Boll's movies are not universally despised, yet there is a quite new petition nearing 200,000 people who all hate them. Huh. I suppose that point is rather null then.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 11:51 PM

You are arguing that Boll's movies are not universally despised, yet there is a quite new petition nearing 200,000 people who all hate them. Huh. I suppose that point is rather null then.

To be fair, in any objective sense, it doesn't realistically matter how many people dislike something; Only how many people like it.

However, I don't think Boll is liked for any inherent quality of his movies.. it's kind of like how people love camp, except Boll's is unintentional.

Nevrmore
2008-04-10, 11:55 PM
No. If the question is "do people hate Boll movies?", then proof as testament from virtually every movie critic with some credibility is NOT VAGUE. It is showing that Boll movies are universally panned.
By merit of you saying "Oh, everyone hates Boll movies" is vague.

Plan Nine was crappy in that it was an especially bad B-movie. Uwe Boll movies are especially bad movies, period.
I wasn't aware of the distinction.

Point being, they don't. They aren't stupid, they consider Uwe to be insulting something they love.
My point being, if they pay money to see something they are sure is going to suck, they have no right to bitch when it ends up sucking.

There Will Be Blood. R-rating. Too many awards to count. 72 million dollar box office. Sweeny Todd. R-rating. Numerous Golden Globes. 150 million dollar box office. Atonement. Appeared on every alternate top ten list. Too many awards to count. 125 million dollar box office.
The movies dominated at the awards. All R-rated.
Tell me if you can spot the logical fallacy.

"Violent movies are rated R.
Therefore, all R rated movies are violent."

Let's do another, just to be sure.

"Several R rated movies dominated the movie awards ceremonies.
Therefore, all R rated movies are good."

I mean, what is your point? Uwe Boll's movies are all R rated, aren't they? I don't get how you telling me that some R rated movies did good in the box office proves anything.

If you're implying that I'm not good at defending my point, then "hypocrisy" would be more appropriate than "irony."

Wrong. I just wanted proof that it was universally criticized, I was never giving a counterpoint against it.

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 12:10 AM
Ah, alright. Well, nothing is universally agreed upon, but there is pretty strong evidence towards a majority.

Also, it is actually both hypocritical and ironic that that statement actually is insulting your own arguments. From what I can see it implies your statements more than those responding to it.

My point being, if they pay money to see something they are sure is going to suck, they have no right to bitch when it ends up sucking.

You aren't understanding this it seems. The movie being insulting to something they love is offensive, whether they see it or not, because not only does it represent the game to others that see it but it also more or less guarantees no future possibility for a movie for it, and could even threaten the game series if further installments are possible. Sure, we don't have to see them, so we aren't offended that we are being made to see bad movies, we are offended that bad movies are being made when good ones could have been made, and the other detriments in image to the game that that causes.

CharlieSmiles
2008-04-11, 12:12 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html

2552 and counting.

Here's hoping for a few more movies. Final Fantasy VII maybe? We can only hope.

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 12:21 AM
Isn't that more or less what Advent Children was? I still need to see that, so I am rather uninformed on that topic, but that was my impression.

Cuddly
2008-04-11, 01:01 AM
Seriously, Uwe Boll, best artist in like the last 30 years. He probably doesn't even know how great he is.

Anteros
2008-04-11, 01:27 AM

The problem here is that you're still under the impression that he is trying to make an argument. He is not. He is simply trying to insult people and start arguments for fun. He does not need his points to make sense, he does not need them to be coherent. All he wants, is your attention. I daresay that if a thread were made about how great Uwe Boll is, Nevrmore would be there insulting the posters and telling them how horrible he is. The sooner you stop taking him seriously, the happier everyone, except him, will be.

Emperor Ing
2008-04-11, 02:21 AM
The sooner you stop taking him seriously, the happier everyone, except him, will be.

Naw, he'll be happy to be out of the public eye
assuming he keeps his promise. :smallsigh:

Turcano
2008-04-11, 02:42 AM
Apropos of something:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6519/dutycallsoo9.png

Steven the Lich
2008-04-11, 05:38 AM
Woah, how far can a thread progress overnight.
Doesn't seem to have chilled in any matter, either. This is far more flaming than LK vs. Sauron.

First off, Nvrmore, I think you're going a bit too far in this. Really, this is a poll of sorts of forcing the guy into retirement, what you are are doing is not relevent to the point. Don't argue further, because I can't make sense of what you're saying. What have you to gain from arguing more at this point?

Serpentine
2008-04-11, 06:41 AM
straw man 1. a person who is a sham. 2. a sham argument. 3. a person undertaking a financial commitment without adequate means (relevant!).

"Unanimous critical opinion": Every single person whose opinion matters is in agreement on this matter. A very adequate, reasonably succinct, and explicit way of putting it.

Me? I haven't seen any of those movies. They sound crappy, but I mostly signed it cuz it'd be cool if it worked...

Nevrmore
2008-04-11, 07:00 AM
Doesn't seem to have chilled in any matter, either. This is far more flaming than LK vs. Sauron.

First off, Nvrmore, I think you're going a bit too far in this. Really, this is a poll of sorts of forcing the guy into retirement, what you are are doing is not relevent to the point. Don't argue further, because I can't make sense of what you're saying. What have you to gain from arguing more at this point?
How can you not make sense of what I'm saying? I put it very clearly earlier in the thread. "Ridiculous," "(over)reactionary," "hilarious," etc. etc. etc.

straw man 1. a person who is a sham. 2. a sham argument. 3. a person undertaking a financial commitment without adequate means (relevant!).
"Sham argument" seems adequate.

"Unanimous critical opinion": Every single person whose opinion matters is in agreement on this matter. A very adequate, reasonably succinct, and explicit way of putting it.
That is not explicit. It is a huge blanket statement.

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-11, 07:06 AM
Wow...this is more inflammatory than I thought. It's a pity I don't care enough to add something constructive...

Serpentine
2008-04-11, 10:18 AM
"Sham argument" seems adequate.Indeed :smallsigh:

That is not explicit. It is a huge blanket statement.I don't know what you're looking for, then. I can't think of any way more explicit to put it. "Every single person in the entire world has said this, except him, him, him and her"? If so, I don't think you're being very realistic in your expectations. Almost everyone who has seen these movies or any part of any of these movies thinks they are crap. That's not "everyone" as in, "everyone knows squid have bones", that's everyone as in, we can point to this vast amount of people, these very individuals, and these one or two who have voted "meh" or "so bad they're hilarious".
And that's me done.

Nevrmore
2008-04-11, 04:14 PM
Indeed :smallsigh:
Witty.

I don't know what you're looking for, then. I can't think of any way more explicit to put it. "Every single person in the entire world has said this, except him, him, him and her"? If so, I don't think you're being very realistic in your expectations. Almost everyone who has seen these movies or any part of any of these movies thinks they are crap. That's not "everyone" as in, "everyone knows squid have bones", that's everyone as in, we can point to this vast amount of people, these very individuals, and these one or two who have voted "meh" or "so bad they're hilarious".
And that's me done.
Then I simply cannot wait for when you have to write a research paper or other similar essay. Let me know what you score.

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 04:25 PM
Then I simply cannot wait for when you have to write a research paper or other similar essay. Let me know what you score.

That...isn't a response to her point. Unless there is extensive hidden meaning, in which case, please elaborate. And any response you do have I can most likely counter right now: she is right, and 200000 or so people already have shown their agreement, in quite a short time.

Nevrmore
2008-04-11, 04:32 PM
That...isn't a response to her point. Unless there is extensive hidden meaning, in which case, please elaborate. And any response you do have I can most likely counter right now: she is right, and 200000 or so people already have shown their agreement, in quite a short time.
"My research topic is on Shakespeare. Shakespeare was very critically acclaimed. A lot of people liked him, and since so many people like him I don't need to cite any sources on his popularity or anything of the sort. In fact I don't have to even search for counterpoints because everyone loves Shakespeare so much."

GoC
2008-04-11, 04:40 PM

It was presumed that what was being said would be obvious to any intelligent individual.

Nevrmore
2008-04-11, 04:53 PM
It was presumed that what was being said would be obvious to any intelligent individual.
Presumption and pretentiousness go hand-in-hand.

Gamiress
2008-04-11, 05:42 PM
Nevrmore, you've been at this for days. It was funny at first, but you've milked this lulzcow dry. Go back to mocking Mookie and let them have their petition.

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 06:06 PM
I'm just pointing out that there is evidence towards a majority consensus that Uwe Boll makes bad movies. Sources are not needed. The actual movies themselves are irrelevant short of the fact that they caused the fact above. I'm not arguing that he sucks, but just on the small focused point that most people think he makes bad movies, there is astonishing, and I'd say undebatable evidence.

Also, I don't fully understand your analogy, seeing as we are saying "We don't like Uwe Boll's movies, so get him to stop making movies" and therefore any kind of reference outside of "he makes bad movies" (which is the opinion of most) isn't really necessary, or so it seems to me.

Nevrmore
2008-04-11, 06:22 PM
I'm just pointing out that there is evidence towards a majority consensus that Uwe Boll makes bad movies. Sources are not needed. The actual movies themselves are irrelevant short of the fact that they caused the fact above. I'm not arguing that he sucks, but just on the small focused point that most people think he makes bad movies, there is astonishing, and I'd say undebatable evidence.
And I'm saying "most everyone hates his movies" is a vague, blanket statement.

Also, I don't fully understand your analogy, seeing as we are saying "We don't like Uwe Boll's movies, so get him to stop making movies" and therefore any kind of reference outside of "he makes bad movies" (which is the opinion of most) isn't really necessary, or so it seems to me.
Actually, if you read the thread, most people say he's also a horrible human being.

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 06:29 PM
And I'm saying "most everyone hates his movies" is a vague, blanket statement.

But it's a true one...and it applies. So vague or not I don't see why that really changes anything.

Actually, if you read the thread, most people say he's also a horrible human being.

Ok, they are entitled to their opinions. That doesn't exactly have evidence. However as far as I can see from videos/quotes from him he has a ridiculously huge ego and appears as quite the jerk. That is also opinion, and is just the impression I got from all the insults and crazed statements he has been throwing around.

FoE
2008-04-11, 06:31 PM
Nevrmore, have you ever heard of the Chewbacca Defence? ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChewbaccaDefense)

(Seriously, get back to doing Dominic Deegan slays.)

Nevrmore
2008-04-11, 06:54 PM
But it's a true one...and it applies. So vague or not I don't see why that really changes anything.
Because it makes you look really unintelligent when the best thing you can provide against someone who asks for proof is, "Uh, duh? Everyone thinks so, lol. I don't need proof."

Ok, they are entitled to their opinions. That doesn't exactly have evidence. However as far as I can see from videos/quotes from him he has a ridiculously huge ego and appears as quite the jerk. That is also opinion, and is just the impression I got from all the insults and crazed statements he has been throwing around.
And it's my opinion that all of you (maybe not you, I don't even really know when you came into this debate) are overreacting so much because of one douchebag in the world that it makes you look like crazies.

And not even the smart crazies, like Hannibal Lecter.

FoE
2008-04-11, 07:36 PM
And it's my opinion that all of you (maybe not you, I don't even really know when you came into this debate) are overreacting so much because of one douchebag in the world that it makes you look like crazies.

Duly noted. You are entitled to your opinion, we live in a free society, our enemies hate our freedom, etc. etc. Now could you get to work on those spreadsheets? I'll need them before the board meeting at noon tomorrow. Also, we might need you to work late on Thursday, just a head's up.

Now that we're done discussing new business, I move that we go back to "Business Arising From the Minutes" for a moment and turn our discussion back to our unrelenting hatred of Uwe Boll. Thoughts?

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 07:40 PM
I have signed the pro Boll petition. http://http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html)

The man is the Van Gogh of his time unapreciated in life. Beloved in death. He will live forever.

.......Cthulu lives
from
EE

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-11, 07:43 PM
EE has officially produced his best post to date.

But Cthulhu's name is Fanfiction now.

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-11, 07:44 PM
That kind of evil can't even be slain with a lightsaber.

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 09:24 PM
Injuring one seriously enough to force the guy to wear an oxygen mask, which he would take off to vommit. You can forget that. And when someone pointed at the puddles saying to Boll "Look at what you did!" Uwe just said "It was boxing". The guy he beated up never even critised his works, he just was the runner up since the guy who was the founder of the place the critic worked for was "out of the consideration" for size or weight. He acted like it was a feat of strength. Honestly... I find it just brutal. And over a matter of critics, no matter how bad they were in the reviews.

What makes it worst is that you don't prove anything from smashing critics, other than that your aren't mature enough to take critisim honestly
from
EE

FoE
2008-04-11, 09:33 PM
The House of the Dead was a trainwreck, from the bargain bin special effects to the razor-thin storyline to the inexplicable video game cutscenes. But you know what really killed it for me? The scenes in the house when they've just escaped the zombie horde where the main characters take time to emote badly about the pain of their lives and then make out. They've just fought through a hundred zombies or so, half their comrades have been torn to pieces, and they're fighting for their lives. But instead of, you know, trying to find a way out or at least shore up their defences, they take a few minutes to play spin the ****ing bottle.

Did I mention the one male model character commits suicide because his face got scarred a little? Yeah, like, he was never grow old and have to quit modeling, you know.

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 09:36 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html

2552 and counting.

Here's hoping for a few more movies. Final Fantasy VII maybe? We can only hope.

NOoooooooooooooooo

Think of hte children

Well the LK vs. Sauron thread had an actually point. Nether side simply say the other was wrong simply to piss them off. There was a discussion
and sauron won
True, Uwe Boll could make a Warcraf movie.....
from
EE

Steven the Lich
2008-04-11, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Steven the Lich

How can you not make sense of what I'm saying? I put it very clearly earlier in the thread. "Ridiculous," "(over)reactionary," "hilarious," etc. etc. etc.
I think I can understand that, but I fail to see how you gain anything from this. You are asking proof that Uwe is not universally hated, when Icewalker had already stated that the petition, newly made, has reached dang close to 200'000 votes or so. I feel tempted to vote because from what I heard, he is neither a good director, and he seems pretty incompetant as a human being. A source quoted him after beating the crap out of his critics. "They hated my movies, I beated them up, and now they love them!" Something among those lines.
He also can't seem to keep his scheudule fight with real challenges that have age, strength, or experience over him. His movies are extremely lucky to get good quotes, and he makes poor judgements in said movies (Like portraying Tara Reid as a scientist, and having her mispronounce the scientific words.)
One of the guys who made Metal Gear said "No, absolutely not! I don't know why he's saying all this. We did not talk with him. It is impossible for us to do a movie with him!" in an audioblog when Boll said he was given a script to read on a Metal Gear movie.
Name us some guys that actually like his movies. He has some admirers of his personality to make movies. That only goes so far, since he seems to do better in punching critics than directing a movie. Even critics who never insulted his movies.
Where he has little supporters, he has a vast majority of enemies. I think I read somewhere that he called all his critics online "geeky nerds who hide behind nicknames".
I have no more to say, but this is a topic about voting, not whether or not Boll is universally hated or not. If you want to argue, take it to some other thread.

Also... when one says Cuthulu lives, does that mean its the end of the world, or that a creator of terrible movies will be remembered as the director who never shot a 5 star movie? I'm very curious on it.
Side note, hello EE, long time no see.

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 09:43 PM
hey yourself, nice to see we are on the same side
from
EE

Steven the Lich
2008-04-11, 09:48 PM
I concur. Refreshing to be allies eh? *cough* LK rules *cough* :smallwink:

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 10:08 PM
I concur. Refreshing to be allies eh? *cough* LK rules *cough* :smallwink:

The LK side is like the radical southerns after the Civil War. Everybody, including themselves knows they lost, however they simply can't permit themselves to admit it
Also, when the Expansion comes out and the LK's character is horribly destroyed the same way Illiden's was, then all shall know the truth. A pity i really liked Arthas as a character.
Uwe bol could make a movie about the fight

from
EE
We did not lose, it was Sherman (a southerner) who defeated us, Picket's charge never happenedSauron won

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 10:11 PM
EE has officially produced his best post to date.

But Cthulhu's name is Fanfiction now.

thank you, i try
from
EE

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 10:27 PM
Of course, the southerners that lost but still go on is basically Firefly, thereby proving that despite losing they also have the possibility of being awesome. :smalltongue:

Back on the subject and away from the unnecessary arguing. I haven't seen any of Uwe's movies, but I have seen some quotes from him and video responses. It seems like somebody with that kind of attitude shouldn't be making movies because they'll just ruin their reputation. From what I've heard, this is more or less exactly what happened.

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 10:29 PM
Of course, the southerners that lost but still go on is basically Firefly, thereby proving that despite losing they also have the possibility of being awesome. :smalltongue:

I'd concur, but as a southerner, i don't have the heart. We had General Lee, Longstreet (who was right) and Jackson, i mean come on. how cool is that

Back on the subject and away from the unnecessary arguing. I haven't seen any of Uwe's movies, but I have seen some quotes from him and video responses. It seems like somebody with that kind of attitude shouldn't be making movies because they'll just ruin their reputation. From what I've heard, this is more or less exactly what happened.
He also cheated and brutalizied at a boxing match.

from
EE

Icewalker
2008-04-11, 10:51 PM
Did he actually cheat in the boxing match? That'd drop my respect for him further, if possible.

EvilElitest
2008-04-11, 11:38 PM
Did he actually cheat in the boxing match? That'd drop my respect for him further, if possible.

He told the people he was going to box that it was a PR stunt and no actual fighting would take place. He also avoided fighting people who had real expierence (Sean) and fought really brutally. They didn't have proper time to prepare as well
from
EE

Rutee
2008-04-11, 11:49 PM

Not per se. He failed to inform his opponents that he was, in fact, a trained boxer, however. And he turned down a fight with Seanbaby, who's actually fit.

Serpentine
2008-04-12, 12:01 AM
Then I simply cannot wait for when you have to write a research paper or other similar essay. Let me know what you score.Well, if you must know...
85%, 29/30, 71%, 15/20, 92%, 17/20, 87%, 97%, 91%, 79%, 76.5%, 78%, 71.4%, 86%, 55% (first year), 86%, 77%, 14.75/20, 79%, 18/20, 72%, 75%, 86%, 71%, 19/20... It's also frequently noted in my assignments that referencing is my strong point.
I would like to point out that the anti-Boll side has offered far more evidence than the pro-Boll (or at least anti-anti-Boll) side, and as you are the one attacking a generally known and accepted fact, the onus is on you to "prove" your point, if proof is really necessary in such a petty discussion.

Nevrmore
2008-04-12, 07:00 AM
Well, if you must know...
85%, 29/30, 71%, 15/20, 92%, 17/20, 87%, 97%, 91%, 79%, 76.5%, 78%, 71.4%, 86%, 55% (first year), 86%, 77%, 14.75/20, 79%, 18/20, 72%, 75%, 86%, 71%, 19/20... It's also frequently noted in my assignments that referencing is my strong point.
I would like to point out that the anti-Boll side has offered far more evidence than the pro-Boll (or at least anti-anti-Boll) side, and as you are the one attacking a generally known and accepted fact, the onus is on you to "prove" your point, if proof is really necessary in such a petty discussion.
You can't shift the burden of proof to the person who originally asked for it.

Look, all I ever asked for was a more clear description than, "What? Proof that people hate Boll? Well everyone does haflaglalaflahgahsh." If you think that request is too much to fulfill then I worry about you.

Serpentine
2008-04-12, 08:25 AM
You have been given a description of why everyone hates him. There was also a link to a page that went through several of the movies and detailed why they were awful. Perhaps you should review the thread, in case you missed these posts.

Nevrmore
2008-04-12, 12:42 PM
What you're failing to comprehend is that I understand and agree that his movies are horrible. I was trying to get sixswcimitar to actually argue competently by getting him to back up unfounded statements with source. No matter how true it may be, if the person asks for proof that "THE SKY IS BLUE, DAMMIT!" it makes you look stupid when you can't provide it.

Icewalker
2008-04-12, 02:30 PM
Yeah, except that how good a movie is is an entirely subjective view. There is no such thing as proof for it. Just personal opinion.

Nevrmore
2008-04-12, 02:45 PM
Yeah, except that how good a movie is is an entirely subjective view. There is no such thing as proof for it. Just personal opinion.
You do realize that such logic is only defeating the other side, right?

Icewalker
2008-04-12, 02:55 PM
What other side? Sure, it is subjective that he makes bad movies, ie, there cannot be definite proof, but as such the only show of whether a movie is good or bad is public opinion, which is strongly anti-Boll.

We have given reasons as for why a bad movie is a bad thing.

The general consensus of people is that Boll makes bad movies.

As such, it would be better if Boll wasn't making movies, as it would be less of a bad thing...

And don't try to claim that strings of sensical logic don't apply by giving an example of nonsensical logic.

Ozymandias
2008-04-12, 03:15 PM
Check aggregate review sites, like Rotten Tomatoes or Metacritic, and you'll quickly become aware of how negatively his movies are viewed:

Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/uwe_boll/filmography.php):
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale: 2%
Bloodrayne:4%
Alone in the Dark: 1%
House of the Dead: 4%
Blackwoods: 11%

Metacritic (www.metacritic.com):
In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale: 15%
Bloodrayne: 18%
Alone in the Dark: 9%
House of the Dead: 15%
Blackwoods: 30%

By the way, it's sort of silly to try to apply the same standards of rhetoric to both a collegiate essay and a staggeringly informal internet debate.

Nevrmore
2008-04-12, 03:15 PM
How about, instead, I defeat your "logical string" by applying your own "bad is subjective" argument to it?

Bad is subjective.

DomaDoma
2008-04-12, 03:18 PM
Erm, they have given proof that Uwe Boll is in the critical toilet, what with the Tomatometer and all. Not their fault if you choose to ignore it.

Sad that I'm rising to the bait here, and not on that one thread where you suggested that a certain TV series should have ended with a certain catchphrase, remade and underlined with a lightning strike, but hey, I'm pretty spoiler-averse.

Nevrmore
2008-04-12, 03:20 PM
Sad that I'm rising to the bait here, and not on that one thread where you suggested that a certain TV series should have ended with a certain catchphrase, remade and underlined with a lightning strike, but hey, I'm pretty spoiler-averse.
What?

Made you look.

Steven the Lich
2008-04-12, 03:24 PM
Nvrmore, people are giving logical and acceptable evidence. Besides, it mainly is public opinion, so there be little proof to provide.
No wait, there can be some actual proof...
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?RRH53888
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?uwelive
187995 people vs. 3529. The previous being anti, and the latter pro.
... In terms of public opinion, yeah, Icewalker is correct. Anti Boll bears far more power than Pro Boll
What more do you need, Nvrmore? The movies have bad comments usually, and Boll even goes as far as to punch the living daylights out of critics. Seriously, what do you make of all this?

Icewalker
2008-04-12, 06:05 PM
Actually, if you go a step further, try reading the description of the pro-boll petition. It is 'Boll makes such bad movies they are hilarious, so don't stop him' so even that can't exactly be quantified as pro-boll.

Nevrmore
2008-04-12, 06:06 PM
Nvrmore, people are giving logical and acceptable evidence. Besides, it mainly is public opinion, so there be little proof to provide.
No wait, there can be some actual proof...
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?RRH53888
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?uwelive
187995 people vs. 3529. The previous being anti, and the latter pro.
... In terms of public opinion, yeah, Icewalker is correct. Anti Boll bears far more power than Pro Boll
What more do you need, Nvrmore? The movies have bad comments usually, and Boll even goes as far as to punch the living daylights out of critics. Seriously, what do you make of all this?
I've said it before, I'll say it once more:

I've never argued that Uwe Boll does not make bad movies.

EvilElitest
2008-04-12, 08:34 PM

only if you reject conventional standards however
from
EE

Steven the Lich
2008-04-12, 08:37 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it once more:

I've never argued that Uwe Boll does not make bad movies.

Okay, but I meant that for your request of proof that Boll's movies are universally hated.
You know, now I'm not even sure what your point in this discussion is. You ask for proof, you're given proof, you're told that not much proof can be attained because it is all public opinion, and anti Boll is by far more powerful, you say that bad is subjective...:smallannoyed:
From your demands of proof, I think it is impossible to grant you actual proof that you will accept, despite efforts and even sources which have been overlooked, so why continue your point any further?

Also... touche, Icewalker... touche.

Icewalker
2008-04-12, 09:32 PM
:smallbiggrin:

I'd second the mention of the Chewbacca defense, and like to say that I've found the solution: instead of giving up, just stop discussing it and move on.

So, what movies has he actually made, and what movies has he been confirmed to have some chance of getting in the future?

Steven the Lich
2008-04-13, 06:39 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0093051/
This should give you the basic outline of his movies. You should also be able to find out his future movies that are in production, and what movies he already did. You can even see the goofs, I believe. Blood Rayne has some interesting goofs too :smallamused:
EDIT: lol... I just actually looked at the goofs for his movies of Bloodrayne, Alone in the Dark, and House of the Dead, and I realize how terrible he is.
The actors have wounds that disappear and then reappear throughout shots. Monsters that are harmed by light attack in the day. A certain man in the background of Rayne wearing a modern watch.
Boll was a goof ball in this stuff... Is this part of his so called "genius"?

Nevrmore
2008-04-13, 08:06 AM
Okay, but I meant that for your request of proof that Boll's movies are universally hated.
You know, now I'm not even sure what your point in this discussion is. You ask for proof, you're given proof, you're told that not much proof can be attained because it is all public opinion, and anti Boll is by far more powerful, you say that bad is subjective...:smallannoyed:
From your demands of proof, I think it is impossible to grant you actual proof that you will accept, despite efforts and even sources which have been overlooked, so why continue your point any further?
Lord, then, let me spell it out for you.

Sixscimitar tells me that people ahte Uwe Boll because he is a jackass and has horrible movies.

I tell him that those views are unfounded.

He says that while he can't prove that Boll is a jackass, he can prove that his movies are universally hated.

I challenge him and ask him to prove it.

He says that "they are universally hated."

I don't accept that as proof.

"People" somehow think that the fact I ask for proof is an indication that I'm trying to attain hard evidence for subjective views when in fact I was just calling bullsh*t on sixscimitars. They give me proof.

I say, continuously, that I have never argued that Boll's movies aren't bad.

Someone tells me that everything I say is wrong because "good and bad are subjective."

I tell him that that same argument applies even more strongly so to his side of the argument.

You misinterpret everything that's happened, forcing me to type all this out.

Serpentine
2008-04-13, 08:14 AM
Nevrmore, may I suggest that you review the Forum Rules, specifically the section on Trolling and the 5th point under Flaming.

Could I please get someone to give a detailed, critical rundown of some of Boll's movies for we who haven't seen any of them?

Freelance Henchman
2008-04-13, 09:05 AM
Youtube has some interesing clips of his movies it seems:
10 things i've learnt from HOUSE OF THE DEAD (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vgNeoMvC6hA).

Nevrmore
2008-04-13, 12:05 PM
Nevrmore, may I suggest that you review the Forum Rules, specifically the section on Trolling and the 5th point under Flaming.
Sure, you can suggest it all you want.

FoE
2008-04-13, 12:17 PM
I'd second the mention of the Chewbacca defense, and like to say that I've found the solution: instead of giving up, just stop discussing it and move on.?

I'll agree to that. Motion passed.

Freelance Henchman, that clip was awesome. Although that doesn't quite sum up the awfulness that was the House of the Dead.

Did anyone here see Alone in the Dark or Dungeon Siege?

Icewalker
2008-04-13, 01:13 PM
That clip was awesome. Sooo bad. I noticed a few other errors in those clips as well. I couldn't hear that last line so well though, but I think it was along the lines of "You did blank blank, and blank for immortality! Why!" "To live forever."

Steven the Lich
2008-04-13, 01:26 PM
Lord, then, let me spell it out for you.

Sixscimitar tells me that people ahte Uwe Boll because he is a jackass and has horrible movies.

I tell him that those views are unfounded.

He says that while he can't prove that Boll is a jackass, he can prove that his movies are universally hated.

I challenge him and ask him to prove it.

He says that "they are universally hated."

I don't accept that as proof.

"People" somehow think that the fact I ask for proof is an indication that I'm trying to attain hard evidence for subjective views when in fact I was just calling bullsh*t on sixscimitars. They give me proof.

I say, continuously, that I have never argued that Boll's movies aren't bad.

Someone tells me that everything I say is wrong because "good and bad are subjective."

I tell him that that same argument applies even more strongly so to his side of the argument.

You misinterpret everything that's happened, forcing me to type all this out.
First, in the first point of that, those views Sixscimitar had were actually backed up. We see the petition as evidence, and we see a lot of bad comments for Uwe Boll.
Second, what did you expect? You two weren't the only guys in this thread. I am saying "weren't" because since you demanded the proof from him, he seemed to have left. Also, you seemed to have made quite a few enemies here in the thread.
Third, you argued continuosly that you never said Boll doesn't make bad movies, but yet you seemed to continue the argument, seemingly asking for proof, and now you say you were just bull&^$%ing it? So you never actually expected to get evidence, and did it to annoy him? Wow, I think I understand you a lot more now.
Finally, don't lash out at me for misinterpreting your posts. I'm typing my opinion and interpretation on them, however wrong it may be. Are you sure that you aren't mis-typing them, by the way? I can't seem to understand your sake and point in all of this now.
I looked back in the first few thread pages, and I am fully reminded how much of a jerk you were. From then to here, not much has changed. I think you're still saying that we are overexaggerating and are getting our privates in a twist, calling the people signing the petition idiots by nature.
I have nothing further to say to you about this, so I say move on. I suggest that you drop it as well, else you risk being banned or maybe even ignored by a great deal of people.
EDIT: lol, yeah. That video was good.
Now I actually know what that zombie guy said. That part was muffled out.

skyclad
2008-04-13, 01:49 PM
What the eff is this? Why force a man to stop making movies? If you don't like them just stop watching them!

MeklorIlavator
2008-04-13, 02:00 PM
What the eff is this? Why force a man to stop making movies? If you don't like them just stop watching them!

Because he is pretty much single handedly ruining many video game movies that otherwise might have been decent(maybe even good). Plus, he made the fatal mistake of challenging them by implying if it got a million signatures, he'd stop.

Icewalker
2008-04-13, 02:06 PM
That has been covered. The thing is, even if you don't see them, other people do, it ruins the reputation of the game guarantees there will never be a good movie made from the game, and also may even hurt the actual game if sequels are possible.

So even if we aren't watching them, it is still hurting things we care about.

Irenaeus
2008-04-13, 02:31 PM
What the eff is this? Why force a man to stop making movies? If you don't like them just stop watching them!It is not force, it's a petition. He is free to disregard it if he wants to, no matter what he said in that interview.

I'll add that personally, I'm not worried about him ruining any video game adaptation. I don't have much hope for such projects in the first place, nor do I care particulary for such adaptations in general. For me, he is simply one (of many) terrible (and overfunded) directors that I do not believe has the talent to ever make a single decent film, and I find this petition very terapeutic in this regard.

FoE
2008-04-13, 02:36 PM
I will make one point in favour of Uwe Boll: none of the games he's adapted so far can be called "classics" of the genre, and his adaptations barely resemble the games he's basing them on.

Also, it's a given that all video game movies suck, with the possible exception of the first Mortal Kombat in that it did have a few cool fight scenes (particularly the fight between Johnny Cage and Scorpion).

Nevrmore
2008-04-13, 03:15 PM
First, in the first point of that, those views Sixscimitar had were actually backed up. We see the petition as evidence, and we see a lot of bad comments for Uwe Boll.
So then it should have been very easy for sixscimitars to come up with better proof than "EVERYONE HATES HIM LOL," shouldn't it have?

Second, what did you expect? You two weren't the only guys in this thread. I am saying "weren't" because since you demanded the proof from him, he seemed to have left. Also, you seemed to have made quite a few enemies here in the thread.
So? Nobody whose posted in this thread is anyone I'd want to be friends with, anyway.

Third, you argued continuosly that you never said Boll doesn't make bad movies,
Wrong. I argued that no one was giving proper evidence to back up their claims that Boll made bad movies. I have never said once in this thread anything resembling, "Boll's movies are good."

but yet you seemed to continue the argument, seemingly asking for proof, and now you say you were just bull&^$%ing it? So you never actually expected to get evidence, and did it to annoy him? Wow, I think I understand you a lot more now.
Wrong. I didn't do it to annoy him. I was calling bullsh*t on his words. Asking for proof and arguing against something are two different things. Can you not understand that?

Finally, don't lash out at me for misinterpreting your posts. I'm typing my opinion and interpretation on them, however wrong it may be.
So then why shouldn't I correct you when you're obviously wrong?

Are you sure that you aren't mis-typing them, by the way? I can't seem to understand your sake and point in all of this now.
Well right now it's kind of the fact that you aren't arguing very well.

I looked back in the first few thread pages, and I am fully reminded how much of a jerk you were. From then to here, not much has changed. I think you're still saying that we are overexaggerating and are getting our privates in a twist,
There you go.

calling the people signing the petition idiots by nature.
No, calling people who get so worked up over Boll that they scream and decry and foam at the mouth at the mere mention of his name idiots by nature.

I have nothing further to say to you about this, so I say move on. I suggest that you drop it as well, else you risk being banned or maybe even ignored by a great deal of people.
As I said to Serpentine, you can suggest it all you want.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-13, 05:21 PM
That clip was awesome. Sooo bad. I noticed a few other errors in those clips as well. I couldn't hear that last line so well though, but I think it was along the lines of "You did blank blank, and blank for immortality! Why!" "To live forever."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said "To live forever." It's best to mentally append the "Duh!" to it. We need more villains who are so blunt, don't you agree?

"Nooooo! You bastard! You killed my father! Why?"
"So that he'd be dead. I mean, duh!"

Freelance Henchman
2008-04-13, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said "To live forever." It's best to mentally append the "Duh!" to it. We need more villains who are so blunt, don't you agree?

"Nooooo! You bastard! You killed my father! Why?"
"So that he'd be dead. I mean, duh!"

Boll's movies need a "video slay" analogous to the "strip slays" for Dominic Deegan. Or at least some MST3King.

Rutee
2008-04-13, 06:33 PM
I will make one point in favour of Uwe Boll: none of the games he's adapted so far can be called "classics" of the genre, and his adaptations barely resemble the games he's basing them on.
Actually, Alone in the Dark is often considered the progenitor of Survival Horror. It's the /only/ classic he's worked on, I think, but it /was/ a classic.

Mewtarthio
2008-04-13, 06:50 PM
Boll's movies need a "video slay" analogous to the "strip slays" for Dominic Deegan. Or at least some MST3King.

A "video slay" of a live-action film would be ridiculously difficult. Anime, maybe (http://www.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/), but not live-action. You'd get something that looks more like it's spoofing a Godzilla film.

Zarrexaij
2008-04-13, 08:38 PM
Uwebolla's movies are pretty terrible, but to be honest, I secretly enjoy them in the form of what I call "unintentional comedy gold."

I won't be signing this petition for two reasons, one is a reason I can't discuss, and the second is because honestly, you're wasting your effort on him. Why don't you ignore him and do something that's actually productive? :smallconfused:

Icewalker
2008-04-13, 08:47 PM
Because it only takes a moment and it's a statement. I'd say it's worth doing. Not like I'd be spending my time on anything better. Except now I need to go take the AP Chem test from last year.

Twin2
2008-04-13, 08:51 PM
I won't be signing this petition for two reasons, one is a reason I can't discuss, and the second is because honestly, you're wasting your effort on him. Why don't you ignore him and do something that's actually productive? :smallconfused:

http://www.hostingpics.net/pics/884036Image%201.jpg

Mewtarthio
2008-04-13, 09:17 PM
and the second is because honestly, you're wasting your effort on him. Why don't you ignore him and do something that's actually productive? :smallconfused:

...You're on an internet forum.

Rutee
2008-04-13, 09:56 PM
A "video slay" of a live-action film would be ridiculously difficult. Anime, maybe (http://www.yugiohtheabridgedseries.com/), but not live-action. You'd get something that looks more like it's spoofing a Godzilla film.

Wouldn't it be the same thing? Edit and redub?

Icewalker
2008-04-13, 10:03 PM
It still wouldn't work as well with real people, I'm guessing. Nonetheless, if done well it'd probably be awesome.

Darkone8752
2008-04-13, 10:10 PM
and the second is because honestly, you're wasting your effort on him. Why don't you ignore him and do something that's actually productive? :smallconfused:

*Facepalm*

Mewtarthio
2008-04-13, 10:15 PM

There'd be a bit of a difference, though. In a live-action redub, you can tell that the lips aren't moving right to make the appropriate sounds. That's harder to notice in animation, particularly animation as simplistic as most anime. Basically, in live-action, you have the Uncanny Valley to worry about.

Nevrmore
2008-04-13, 10:18 PM
It's a problem of syncing. Anime has exactly two movements for speaking: Open mouth, close mouth. Repeat.

In real life, people tend to have a lot of different lip and tongue movements for different words.

Rutee
2008-04-13, 10:30 PM
There'd be a bit of a difference, though. In a live-action redub, you can tell that the lips aren't moving right to make the appropriate sounds. That's harder to notice in animation, particularly animation as simplistic as most anime. Basically, in live-action, you have the Uncanny Valley to worry about.

Yeah but.. Kung Pao. We're talking irreverent joke dubs, right? Irreverent Joke Dubs can do fine with that gap, I would think.

Granted, Kung Pao was mocking a genre famous for unmatching dubs, but I think this'll just enhance the movie, given that we're talking about fundamentally bad movies to start with.

bluish_wolf
2008-04-13, 10:32 PM
It's a problem of syncing. Anime has exactly two movements for speaking: Open mouth, close mouth. Repeat.

In real life, people tend to have a lot of different lip and tongue movements for different words.

Right. It would be easier just to heckle the video à la MST3K rather than try to do a joke dub.

Serpentine
2008-04-13, 11:31 PM
...You're on an internet forum.Hehee. Zing! I'd be tempted to sig that but, you know, stuff.

Anyone gonna do that thingy for me?

hanzo66
2008-04-27, 02:17 AM
Update: Uwe Boll challenging Michael Bay in the ring for "Not caring" about Boll... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJ3VLGDOVE&e)

Jayngfet
2008-04-27, 02:37 AM
I signed it a week ago.

Icewalker
2008-04-27, 02:42 AM
He said that he doesn't care about me. And this was very insulting, because I care about him. I think, that, with the money he has for his movies, he sucks big time.

...wow. Boll shows once again how offensive he is as a person.