PDA

View Full Version : Cloud

asphen fox
2008-04-11, 03:31 AM
Can somebody homebrew me something that's similar to Cloud's sword in FF7: Advent Children? It looks quite cool in the movie. :D

thubby
2008-04-11, 04:10 AM
what about it do you want? the wierd multi sword overdrive thing. or just a honkin huge piece of steel?

asphen fox
2008-04-11, 08:52 PM
You've seen the movie, right? :)) Let's see the whole thing in action in D&D. :D

Zeta Kai
2008-04-11, 11:35 PM
In my signature is the Final Fantasy Limit Breaks project, in which I emulated Omnislash (page #4, post #93), Cloud's ultimate limit break in FF7. That is essentially the same as what he did to Sephiroth at the end of Advent Children. The rules for how to learn & use those limit breaks are at the beginning of the thread.

Nebo_
2008-04-11, 11:57 PM
Greatsword: Two handed martial weapon, 2d6, 19-20 x2, Slashing, 50gp, 10lb.

Use your imagination.

Supreme Geasser
2008-04-13, 03:12 AM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/415/bustersix5kz.jpg

All parts of the complete are masterwork.
Complete Form - Fullblade form
Sword 1 - Scimitar damge (has the keen of scimitar due to a sharper edge)
Sword 2 (Normal Mode)- Bastard Sword
Sword 2 (Battle Mode) - Great sword damage (treated as bastard sword to gain ability to be wielded one-handed)
Sword 3 or 4 - Longsword (Has wounding property because of it's jagged teeth but is not magical)
Sword 5 or 6 - Shortsword

Total cost 1000gp to 2000gp

asphen fox
2008-04-13, 06:04 AM
Total cost 1000gp to 2000gp

It should be at least a +7 Greatsword when fully assembled which means it's worth way more than that IMO. O_o

Ceiling009
2008-04-13, 09:32 AM
I think when it's all put together it should probably be a something like a mercurial full blade.

Lappy9000
2008-04-13, 10:13 AM
I think when it's all put together it should probably be a something like a mercurial full blade.

And those things are freakin' beastly.

Mechanical Standpoint
I'd be willing to change some stuff around. This is most definitely an exotic weapon, and would probably incur penalties for non-users (I'm using Mercurial Greatsword as a basis).

From Supreme Geasser's estimations (Scimitar= 4lbs, 1 Greatsword= 8lbs, 2 Longswords= 8lbs, 2 Shortswords= 4lbs) that's at least 24 lbs right there. A fullblade (Large-Size Longsword) weighs a good 23 lbs. There's probably about a -4 or -5 penalty to attack roles for non-proficient users.

You could almost consider the sword to be a Large weapon (I have no idea of the Buster Sword's actual proportions).

Ceiling009 is probably about right, Full Blade Mercurial sword sounds about right. So what, 2d8 dmg, 'bout 30-40 lbs cost a thousand or two gold? Cloud's would be Masterwork, but that doesn't mean they all have to be.

Non-Mechanical Standpoint
6 Swords in 1? Freakin' awesome!

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-04-13, 10:52 AM
*curls into a fetal ball and whimpers as he rocks back and forth*

JackTR69
2008-04-13, 11:26 AM
What Geasser put down seems good to me, although I would probably have it count as a specific magical weapon with each piece having different properties all of which build together when you complete it.

Supreme Geasser
2008-04-13, 01:32 PM
My estimations were based for the non-magical weapon
For the magical version, here it is
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/415/bustersix5kz.jpg

Buster Blade
Major Artifact

Sword 1: +1 keen flaming burst longsword
Sword 2(normal mode): +1 flaming burst Bastard sword
Sword 2(battle mode): +1 flaming burst greatsword damage
Sword 1+2: +2 keen flaming burst bastard sword
Sword 3 and 4: +1 flaming burst wounding bastard
Sword 5 and 6: +1 flaming burst defending shortsword
Sword 1+2+3+4: +4 keen flaming burst greatsword
Sword 2+3+4: +3 flaming burst greatsword
Sword 2+3+4+5+6: +5 flaming burst defending greatsword
Complete form: +6 keen defending flaming burst fullblade

This massive blade, about 6 feet in length, is wielded by Cloud Strife.
To properly use this weapon, one must take Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Fullblade). The wielder of this blade can wield it's various forms one-handed except for the complete form which can only be wielded two-handed. While fighting with the blade in different forms, you incur the normal penalty for fighting with two weapons unless you have the necessary feats to reduce the penalty. Once per day, you can separate each blade and treat them as having the everdancing weapon ability for 5 rounds. You also have access to the following ability

Omnislash (Su)
You can perform up to 15 melee attacks in 1 round, each automatically striking for a critical hit on the opponent of your choice; these may be split among any of your opponents within reach (30’ from your initial starting point).

Notes
Swords 3 and 4 are the same but there are two swords
Swords 5 and 6 are the same but there are two swords
Flaming burst because I really don't know what element Cloud's weapon has.
Everdancing to recreate the Ability of the swords to float around the target
Omnislash because it's the trademark move of that weapon. Sorry Zeta Kai if I copied it.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-13, 02:12 PM
I'm with Tribble on this one. :smallconfused:

Spiryt
2008-04-13, 03:37 PM
I'm with Tribble on this one. :smallconfused:

And to say it in more serious (:smallconfused: ) manner - I'm not sure if D&D is very good in handling stuff like that.

Why not play, dunno, final fantasy, instead?

asphen fox
2008-04-14, 07:46 AM
Sword 1: +5 keen flaming burst longsword
Sword 2(normal mode): +5 flaming burst Bastard sword
Sword 2(battle mode): +5 flaming burst greatsword damage
Sword 1+2: +5 keen flaming burst bastard sword
Sword 3 or 4: +5 flaming burst wounding bastard
Sword 5 or 6: +5 flaming burst defending shortsword
Sword 1+2+3: +5 keen flaming burst greatsword
Complete form: +5 keen defending flaming burst fullblade

As far as I can tell... This build seems a bit weird. So does that mean that I can fight with two +5 weapons instead of just one if I separate them? Come ON! Any TWF person would have a field day with this type of weapon than any THW-users.

*Note: I think I saw Cloud using the Complete form of the sword one-handed whilst he was fending of Sephi's attacks. O_o

Supreme Geasser
2008-04-14, 04:34 PM
I fixed the magical statistics and made it balanced
Also the answer to Spyrit's question

pick one

1)can't play
2)don't play

asphen fox
2008-04-15, 09:03 AM
I fixed the magical statistics and made it balanced

That is not balanced. As I said on my previous post, You'll be trading off one two-handed +5 weapon for two one-handed +5 weapons just by dismantling the sword. You call that balanced?

And a better answer to Spiryt's question...

FF games are made for only one player per game unlike D&D where you have companions to play with. Wouldn't it be better to play with other people than just by yourself? That's partly what drew you to play D&D right?