PDA

View Full Version : Beastmaster vs. Nature's Warrior?

Slash_712
2008-04-11, 06:35 PM
Pretty straightforward question. Both PrC's present what I believe to be two unique and interesting play styles for a druid looking to specialize in a certain aspect. So which is better, The Beastmaster and it's unrivaled amount of animal companions (short of the Leadership feat and being a Thrallherd), or the Nature's Warrior and being a better beast in beast form?

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-04-11, 07:21 PM
1) Druid 20 is far superior to either.

2) Nature's Warrior is better then Beastmaster because hte limitless animal companions are pretty limited, and most of them end up being far too weak to do anything in combat by the level you get them.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-12, 03:41 AM
Warshaper. Better than either.

And a Druid 19/Beastmaster 1 is pretty powerful, better than a Druid 20, IMHO.

Nebo_
2008-04-12, 03:50 AM
I'd go for Nature's Warrior because it advances casting a bit as well as having some nice abilities. Beastmaster is nice for a 1 level dip, but that's about all.

Starbuck_II
2008-04-12, 09:40 AM
Pretty straightforward question. Both PrC's present what I believe to be two unique and interesting play styles for a druid looking to specialize in a certain aspect. So which is better, The Beastmaster and it's unrivaled amount of animal companions (short of the Leadership feat and being a Thrallherd), or the Nature's Warrior and being a better beast in beast form?

BeastMaster: one level dip, makes your animal companion way better than he was before. In fact, Ranger gets more out out the Prc since it makes AC almost as good as a Straight Druid.

NW is for personal boost.