PDA

View Full Version : Jung was l.o.v.e (myer briggs test & you!)

Jae
2008-04-14, 08:06 PM
Self-explanatory. I recall seeing a thread like this maybe once upon a time? Couldn't find it, though. sooo..ehh. New one won't hurt anyways, right??

Being the rather wierd person I am, I first took this test when I was about eleven or twelve and must have at least taken it twenty times since then..but probably more. Jungian Typology is an OBSESSION of mine :smalleek:
But, yeah. Out of all those times, I've never once not been an intp.

exact numbers:
Introverted- 67
iNtuitive- 56
Thinking- 88
Perceiving- 28

Which boils down to..

distinctively expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
very expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

MORE INTERESTING THOUGH! If you haven't taken the myer briggs test in awhile, or have but haven't noticed, you can also just clickie your "risk attitude profile" which is pretty interesting. Was very accurate to me, actually.

APPARENTLY ALL THE RISK ATTITUDES=THE SAME so youll have to wait on that one?
EDIT: okay so no. you just have to take another test. sry

DO IT & SHARE

linkzor. (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp)

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-14, 08:16 PM
I - 11
N - 25
F - 25
P - 11

slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

...shame, I was hoping to be an "in the playground"-er, too. :P

EDIT:

Risk Attitudes.

76%
Inspired 45%
Adventurer 32%

MORE EDIT:

The profile description.

The Portait of the Healer (INFP)

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and investigative and attentive in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity.

Healers seek unity in their lives, unity of body and mind, emotions and intellect, perhaps because they are likely to have a sense of inner division threaded through their lives, which comes from their often unhappy childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood, which, unfortunately, is discouraged or even punished by many parents. In a practical-minded family, required by their parents to be sociable and industrious in concrete ways, and also given down-to-earth siblings who conform to these parental expectations, Healers come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. Other types usually shrug off parental expectations that do not fit them, but not the Healers. Wishing to please their parents and siblings, but not knowing quite how to do it, they try to hide their differences, believing they are bad to be so fanciful, so unlike their more solid brothers and sisters. They wonder, some of them for the rest of their lives, whether they are OK. They are quite OK, just different from the rest of their family-swans reared in a family of ducks. Even so, to realize and really believe this is not easy for them. Deeply committed to the positive and the good, yet taught to believe there is evil in them, Healers can come to develop a certain fascination with the problem of good and evil, sacred and profane. Healers are drawn toward purity, but can become engrossed with the profane, continuously on the lookout for the wickedness that lurks within them. Then, when Healers believe thay have yielded to an impure temptation, they may be given to acts of self-sacrifice in atonement. Others seldom detect this inner turmoil, however, for the struggle between good and evil is within the Healer, who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.

The Extinguisher
2008-04-14, 08:20 PM
INTP. Seems to be the general trend with me.

Introverted 56
Intuitive 25
Thinking 62
Perceiving 56

moderately expressed introvert
distinctively expressed thinking personality

Risk Attitude Index: 76%

Primary Type: Inspired 45%
Secondary Type: Adventurer 32%

Woah, creepy with the risk thing.

Dragonrider
2008-04-14, 08:37 PM
INFJ -

Introverted 100%
iNtuitive 22%
Feeling 44%
Judging 100%

Wow -
STRONGLY introverted, STRONGLY judging. :smalltongue:

SMEE
2008-04-14, 08:43 PM
My type is once again back to INTJ.

Introverted - 78
Intuitive - 12
Thinking - 50
Judging - 22

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-14, 08:45 PM
Aww, no one else looked at their profile? v.v

GingerNinja13
2008-04-14, 08:59 PM
ENFP-

Extraverted- 1
Intuitive- 25
Feeling- 50
Perceiving- 56

slightly expressed extravert

Interesting test

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 08:59 PM
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted 61
Intuitive 62
Feeling 88
Perceiving 67

Seems like i am a more pronounced version of you, Ikari. A bit scary at that. It also seems like i do nothing in half-measures. Also fun how every single one of us is introverted and intuitive, seems like we don't want those damn extroverts and sensing people here.

EDIT: Curse you ninja for breaking the clean streak of introverts, right before my post went up stating that we were all introverted. :smalltongue:

ImperialGolem
2008-04-14, 09:10 PM
I won't do the test (again), but the three times I took it, the results were INFJ/INFP. Makes sense, really, for me.

zeratul
2008-04-14, 09:13 PM
I-44
N-50
F-12
J-1

Jagg
2008-04-14, 09:19 PM
my Type is ENTJ

E - 11
N - 12
T - 1
J - 56

You are:

slightly expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

The description is Fieldmarshal. call me General Jagg

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-14, 09:19 PM
Your Type is
INFP
Introverted 61
Intuitive 62
Feeling 88
Perceiving 67

Seems like i am a more pronounced version of you, Ikari. A bit scary at that. It also seems like i do nothing in half-measures. Also fun how every single one of us is introverted and intuitive, seems like we don't want those damn extroverts and sensing people here.

EDIT: Curse you ninja for breaking the clean streak of introverts, right before my post went up stating that we were all introverted. :smalltongue:

...clearly, you must be awesome. *snuggles* :smallwink:

The Valiant Turtle
2008-04-14, 09:21 PM
INTJ:

Introverted: 56
Intuitive: 38
Thinking: 1
Judging: 44

I'm a bit surprised the judging is so high. I usually score closer to the middle on that one. I think I usually score a bit farther out on the Thinking end as well, but still relatively close to the middle. The IN part is usually the most dominant.

Gaelbert
2008-04-14, 09:22 PM
I think the last time I took this I was INTJ, which was the "Mastermind" personality.

Mando Knight
2008-04-14, 09:25 PM
INTJ. I coulda told you that without looking, but I decided to take that test anyways. Don't care for the details on the test results, though. Generally freakishly high Thinking, since I don't value emotions that highly...

Lemur
2008-04-14, 09:29 PM
I - 67
N - 12
T - 38
P - 33

Introversion seems a lot lower than last time I took the test (it was 90 something, I think, and came out 100 the two times before that). Thinking and Perceiving are a bit lower than the last time, but I remember them being around that level before. Also I'm back to being 12% Intuitive, which is about the level I was the first two times I took the test (last time I came out as 5% Sensing or something similar).

Also, I'm pretty sure that Risk Attitudes test thing isn't the actual test results, just an example part of the description page. The test for that is something entirely different from the Myer-Briggs test.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the the responses will be this time compared to the last time we had a Myer-Briggs thread.

FdL
2008-04-14, 09:32 PM
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
78 25 12 33

I realized I hate these test. For reasons I have explained before. Therefore this is the last one I'm taking in a non-compulsory way.

:smallconfused:

SDF
2008-04-14, 09:36 PM
I'm always either INTP or ENTP... When I was younger I was highly I, and J. Now, I think I'm a but more open about things if not a bit nihilistic, so I've had a paradigm shift towards P. And anymore my psyche seems to jump around from very dominant and pronounced to shy and reclusive depending on my mood.

Jae
2008-04-14, 09:40 PM
I could recite my description, but..
INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

ha no it's not really highlighted in that way but I felt like pointing out the things I know to be unreasonably true of myself.

I expected as many I's. There usually are a lot on forums and the like... especially of this nature. a few intps, seems like a lot of intj's...

Speaking of intj's, although they happen to be the complement of intp's, some marked differences make them not the most agreeable of people at times. Both my parents happen to be intjs. its fun @ mai house!!

I think the last time I took this I was INTJ, which was the "Mastermind" personality.
you were. TAKE IT AGAIN!
i want to know your numbers.

Vaynor
2008-04-14, 09:41 PM
I'm either an INTJ or an INTP from what I recollect, I'm taking the test now and will edit later with new results though.

Edit: Well today I'm an INTP (I-56, N-62, T-12, P-22).

TheGreatJabu
2008-04-14, 09:43 PM
That's odd. Last time I took the MBTI was in a freshmen college class, and the scoring scale was from -50 to +50, with any positive number telling the strength of one axis while any negative number represented the strength of the opposite axis. Anything falling between -5 and +5 was called an "X". I ended up being an XNXP, with moderate N and supercharged P. If they've removed the whole "X" thing that'd make me an ENFP. It seems from the majority of answers here that things have changed since "my day". I'm willing to bet my P-score has dropped in the past few years though - grad school DICTATES an improvement in scheduling and planning.

Rockphed
2008-04-14, 09:44 PM
INFJ -

Introverted 100%
iNtuitive 22%
Feeling 44%
Judging 100%

Wow -
STRONGLY introverted, STRONGLY judging. :smalltongue:

I think we can never be friends now. :tongue:

Introverted 44%
Sensing 1%
Thinking 12%
Perceiving 33%

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 09:54 PM
Of course i am, Ikari. I am ashamed you were in doubt before. :smalltongue:

And i am not surprised by the trends i noticed in my last post. In fact what surprises me the most is the amount of extroverted people, that is quite a bit above what i am used to seeing when people take this test.

Dragonrider
2008-04-14, 10:00 PM
I-44
N-50
F-12
J-1

Zer - we match! :smallbiggrin:

Only...you know...I'm more strongly EVERYTHING except N. But whatever. I guess I'm just a strong personality. :smalltongue:

My mom is a more moderate INFJ; my dad and my brother are both INTJ. My second brother is ESTP? I think? I don't remember. But he's only ten so some of the questions are kind of difficult for him to answer...hahaha.

Edit: Rockphed...awww. :smallfrown:

I'm a "Mystic". "Sage". "Counselor". GOOD PERSON!!! :smallbiggrin:

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-14, 10:02 PM
INFP

Introvert - 89 (Very expressed)
iNtuitive - 62 (Distinctively expressed)
Feeling - 25 (Moderately expressed)
Percieving - 56 (Moderately expressed)

"I remember the first albatross I ever saw. ... At intervals, it arched forth its vast archangel wings, as if to embrace some holy ark. Wondrous flutterings and throbbings shook it. Though bodily unharmed, it uttered cries, as some king's ghost in super natural distress. Through its inexpressible, strange eyes, methought I peeped to secrets not below the heavens. As Abraham before the angels, I bowed myself..." --(Herman Melville, Moby ****)

INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities.

INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again. With few exceptions, it is the NF child who readily develops imaginary playmates (as with Anne of Green Gables's "bookcase girlfriend"--her own reflection) and whose stuffed animals come to life like the Velveteen Rabbit and the Skin Horse:

"...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)

INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity.

Rest you, my enemy,
Slain without fault,
Life smacks but tastelessly
Lacking your salt!
Stuck in a bog whence naught
May catapult me,
Come from the grave, long-sought,
Come and insult me!
--(Steven Vincent Benet, Elegy for an Enemy)

Their extreme depth of feeling is often hidden, even from themselves, until circumstances evoke an impassioned response:

"I say, Queequeg! Why don't you speak? It's I--Ishmael." But all remained still as before. ... Something must have happened. Apoplexy!
... And running up after me, she caught me as I was again trying to force open the door. ... "Have to burst it open," said I, and was running down the entry a little, for a good start, when the landlady caught me, again vowing I should not break down her premises; but I tore from her, and with a sudden bodily rush dashed myself full against the mark.--(Melville, Moby ****)

Of course, not all of life is rosy, and INFPs are not exempt from the same disappointments and frustrations common to humanity. As INTPs tend to have a sense of failed competence, INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., perfo rmance of duty for the greater cause. An INFP friend describes the inner conflict as not good versus bad, but on a grand scale, Good vs. Evil. Luke Skywalker in Star Wars depicts this conflict in his struggle between the two sides of "The Force." Although the dark side must be reckoned with, the INFP believes that good ultimately triumphs.

Some INFPs have a gift for taking technical information and putting it into layman's terms. Brendan Kehoe's Zen and the Art of the Internet is one example of this "de-jargoning" talent in action.

Functional Analysis:

Introverted Feeling
INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of introverted Feeling. Being inward-turning, the natural attraction is away from world and toward essence and ideal. This introversion of dominant Feeling, receiving its data from extraverted intuition, must be the source of the quixotic nature of these usually gentle beings. Feeling is caught in the approach- avoidance bind between concern both for people and for All Creatures Great and Small, and a psycho-magnetic repulsion from the same. The "object," be it homo sapiens or a mere representation of an organism, is valued only to the degree that the object contains some measure of the inner Essence or greater Good. Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind.

Extraverted iNtuition
Extraverted intuition faces outward, greeting the world on behalf of Feeling. What the observer usually sees is creativity with implied good will. Intuition spawns this type's philosophical bent and strengthens pattern perception. It combines as auxiliary with introverted Feeling and gives rise to unusual skill in both character development and fluency with language--a sound basis for the development of literary facility. If INTPs aspire to word mechanics, INFPs would be verbal artists.

Introverted Sensing
Sensing is introverted and often invisible. This stealth function in the third position gives INFPs a natural inclination toward absent- mindedness and other-worldliness, however, Feeling's strong people awareness provides a balancing, mitigating effect. This introverted Sensing is somewhat categorical, a subdued version of SJ sensing. In the third position, however, it is easily overridden by the stronger functions.

Extraverted Thinking
The INFP may turn to inferior extraverted Thinking for help in focusing on externals and for closure. INFPs can even masquerade in their ESTJ business suit, but not without expending considerable energy. The inferior, problematic nature of Extraverted Thinking is its lack of context and proportion. Single impersonal facts may loom large or attain higher priority than more salient principles which are all but overlooked.

Famous INFPs:
Homer
Virgil
Mary, mother of Jesus
St. John, the beloved disciple
St. Luke; physician, disciple, author
William Shakespeare, bard of Avon
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (Evangeline)
A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie)
Helen Keller, deaf and blind author
Carl Rogers, reflective psychologist, counselor
Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)
**** Clark (American Bandstand)
Donna Reed, actor (It's a Wonderful Life)
Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis
Neil Diamond, vocalist
Tom Brokaw, news anchor
James Herriot (All Creatures Great and Small)
Annie Dillard (Pilgrim at Tinker Creek)
James Taylor, vocalist
Julia Roberts, actor (Conspiracy Theory, Pretty Woman)
Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap)
Terri Gross (PBS's "Fresh Air")
Amy Tan (author of The Joy-Luck Club, The Kitchen God's Wife)
John F. Kennedy, Jr.
Lisa Kudrow ("Phoebe" of Friends)
Fred Savage ("The Wonder Years")

Fictional INFPs:
Anne (Anne of Green Gables)
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Deanna Troi (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Wesley Crusher (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Doctor Julian Bashir (Star Trek: Deep Space 9)
Bastian (The Neverending Story)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial
Doug Funny, Doug cartoons
Tommy, Rug Rats cartoons
Rocko, Rocko's Modern Life cartoons

I think the reason Feeling was only 25 is that I am both strongly emotional and strongly logical.

Guess how often this works out to my benefit.

The answer, of course, being VERY RARELY. I don't think things through right away, but I always do after the fact, which leads to guilt trips over my screwups. I tend to get... overly passionate about debates. (As the people in the FPS topic found out.) I'm torn between idealism - wanting humanity to become better - and realism - wanting to be able to accept humanity as it is.

Le sigh.

Skippy
2008-04-14, 10:12 PM
ISFJ

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Type description:

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
by Marina Margaret Heiss

Profile: ISFJ
Revision: 3.1
Date of Revision: 20 Aug 2007

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.

In the workplace, ISFJs are methodical and accurate workers, often with very good memories and unexpected analytic abilities; they are also good with people in small-group or one-on-one situations because of their patient and genuinely sympathetic approach to dealing with others. ISFJs make pleasant and reliable co-workers and exemplary employees, but tend to be harried and uncomfortable in supervisory roles. They are capable of forming strong loyalties, but these are personal rather than institutional loyalties; if someone they've bonded with in this way leaves the company, the ISFJ will leave with them, if given the option. Traditional careers for an ISFJ include: teaching, social work, most religious work, nursing, medicine (general practice only), clerical and and secretarial work of any kind, and some kinds of administrative careers.

While their work ethic is high on the ISFJ priority list, their families are the centers of their lives. ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well. When these include Es who want to socialize with the rest of the world, or self-contained ITs, the ISFJ must learn to adjust to these behaviors and not interpret them as rejection. Being SJs, they place a strong emphasis on conventional behavior (although, unlike STJs, they are usually as concerned with being "nice" as with strict propriety); if any of their nearest and dearest depart from the straight-and-narrow, it causes the ISFJ major embarrassment: the closer the relationship and the more public the act, the more intense the embarrassment (a fact which many of their teenage children take gleeful advantage of). Over time, however, ISFJs usually mellow, and learn to regard the culprits as harmless eccentrics :-). Needless to say, ISFJs take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations, etc., for their loved ones--although strong Js may tend to focus more on what the recipient should want rather than what they do want.

Like most Is, ISFJs have a few, close friends. They are extremely loyal to these, and are ready to provide emotional and practical support at a moment's notice. (However, like most Fs they hate confrontation; if you get into a fight, don't expect them to jump in after you. You can count on them, however, run and get the nearest authority figure.) Unlike with EPs, the older the friendship is, the more an ISFJ will value it. One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem.

Edit: Whoa, I just copy-pasted it, without reading. I thought about reading it later. And so I did. It's like they're stalking me...

Dragonrider
2008-04-14, 10:16 PM
Oh yeah - I also forgot to say - INFJ is me in every possible way. :smalltongue:

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

Functional Analysis:

Introverted iNtuition
Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.

Extraverted Feeling
Extraverted feeling, the auxiliary deciding function, expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. INFJs, like many other FJ types, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and moral conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of introverted intuition and extraverted feeling provides INFJs with the raw material from which perceptive counselors are shaped.

Introverted Thinking
The INFJ's thinking is introverted, turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function.

Extraverted Sensing
INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.

Famous INFJs:
Nathan, prophet of Israel
Aristophanes
Chaucer
Goethe
Robert Burns, Scottish poet

U.S. Presidents:
Martin Van Buren
James Earl "Jimmy" Carter
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Fanny Crosby, (blind) hymnist
Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Fred McMurray (My Three Sons)
Shirley Temple Black, child actor, ambassador
Martin Luther King, Jr., civil rights leader, martyr
James Reston, newspaper reporter
Shirley McClain (Sweet Charity, ...)
Piers Anthony, author ("Xanth" series)
Michael Landon (Little House on the Prairie)
Tom Selleck
John Katz, critic, author
Paul Stookey (Peter, Paul and Mary)
U. S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun (D-IL)
Billy Crystal
Garry Trudeau (Doonesbury)
Nelson Mandela
Mel Gibson
Carrie Fisher
Nicole Kidman
Jerry Seinfeld
Jamie Foxx
Sela Ward
Mark Harmon
Gary Dourdan
Marg Helgaberger
Evangeline Lilly
Tori May

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introverted iNtuiting Feeling Judging
by Marina Margaret Heiss
INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates." While instinctively courting the personal and organizational demands continually made upon them by others, at intervals INFJs will suddenly withdraw into themselves, sometimes shutting out even their intimates. This apparent paradox is a necessary escape valve for them, providing both time to rebuild their depleted resources and a filter to prevent the emotional overload to which they are so susceptible as inherent "givers." As a pattern of behavior, it is perhaps the most confusing aspect of the enigmatic INFJ character to outsiders, and hence the most often misunderstood -- particularly by those who have little experience with this rare type.

Due in part to the unique perspective produced by this alternation between detachment and involvement in the lives of the people around them, INFJs may well have the clearest insights of all the types into the motivations of others, for good and for evil. The most important contributing factor to this uncanny gift, however, are the empathic abilities often found in Fs, which seem to be especially heightened in the INFJ type (possibly by the dominance of the introverted N function).

This empathy can serve as a classic example of the two-edged nature of certain INFJ talents, as it can be strong enough to cause discomfort or pain in negative or stressful situations. More explicit inner conflicts are also not uncommon in INFJs; it is possible to speculate that the causes for some of these may lie in the specific combinations of preferences which define this complex type. For instance, there can sometimes be a "tug-of-war" between NF vision and idealism and the J practicality that urges compromise for the sake of achieving the highest priority goals. And the I and J combination, while perhaps enhancing self-awareness, may make it difficult for INFJs to articulate their deepest and most convoluted feelings.

Usually self-expression comes more easily to INFJs on paper, as they tend to have strong writing skills. Since in addition they often possess a strong personal charisma, INFJs are generally well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching (especially in higher education) and religious leadership. Psychology and counseling are other obvious choices, but overall, INFJs can be exceptionally difficult to pigeonhole by their career paths. Perhaps the best example of this occurs in the technical fields. Many INFJs perceive themselves at a disadvantage when dealing with the mystique and formality of "hard logic", and in academic terms this may cause a tendency to gravitate towards the liberal arts rather than the sciences. However, the significant minority of INFJs who do pursue studies and careers in the latter areas tend to be as successful as their T counterparts, as it is *iNtuition* -- the dominant function for the INFJ type -- which governs the ability to understand abstract theory and implement it creatively.

In their own way, INFJs are just as much "systems builders" as are INTJs; the difference lies in that most INFJ "systems" are founded on human beings and human values, rather than information and technology. Their systems may for these reasons be conceptually "blurrier" than analogous NT ones, harder to measure in strict numerical terms, and easier to take for granted -- yet it is these same underlying reasons which make the resulting contributions to society so vital and profound.

Talya
2008-04-14, 10:32 PM
Introverted 11
Intuitive 38
Thinking 1 (isn't that almost a tie with Feeling?)
Perceiving 56

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 10:44 PM
It is worth remembering that these things are written in such a way that it is easy to see how they fit, Skippy. I have read through them and found at least four or five types that could fit me perfectly depending on my mood at the time. Still there is of course some tendency towards certain answers in them.

Iethloc
2008-04-14, 10:52 PM
INTJ...just like every other time I've taken it, actually. I think my Thinking Score is slightly higher than the first time I took it, and my Judging score...slightly lower, perhaps. However, there's very little (if any) change since the last time I took it.

Introverted - 78
Intuitive - 75
Thinking - 50
Judging - 22

And the description for this type fits me quite well.

Skippy
2008-04-14, 10:53 PM
It is worth remembering that these things are written in such a way that it is easy to see how they fit, Skippy. I have read through them and found at least four or five types that could fit me perfectly depending on my mood at the time. Still there is of course some tendency towards certain answers in them.

I know they do it that way, after all, they are paid to say to the people what they want to hear. But if you ever take a look at my rants at the Dep. Thread and a lot of other events that have happened throughout my life, you'll see that it is really accurate...

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 10:58 PM
I believe you, mostly just a reminder of not being too impressed. Even if you very clearly fit one of them nobody can be boiled down to any of those sixteen categories. For my part i find that the one i got fits quite well as well, just that i have several traits that fit other categories better.

lumberofdabeast
2008-04-14, 11:02 PM
I believe you, mostly just a reminder of not being too impressed. Even if you very clearly fit one of them nobody can be boiled down to any of those sixteen categories. For my part i find that the one i got fits quite well as well, just that i have several traits that fit other categories better.

Yeah. I rather explicitly noted that I wasn't exactly a perfect fit; "pure" INFPs are firmly on the Idealism end of the Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Realism (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlidingScaleofIdealismVersusRealism), whereas I am faced with the paradox of trying to be at both ends.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 11:12 PM
And despite my deep seated idealism i often comes off as a bitter cynic when debating politics. I just tend to ultimately be guided by what my cynicism tells me is the best way to achieve said ideas, but at the same time i almost grow paralyzed by the lack of moral options when voting and often find myself unable to play games because of how there is no truly moral way to handle things. Just a confusing jumble of cynicism and idealism in me.

skywalker
2008-04-14, 11:41 PM
I took this test when I was a sophomore in high school, I got INTJ(I remember cuz it's JFK's personality type). It was the same my first semester of college. Now, almost at the end of my sophomore year, I have apparently become:

ENFP

E=11
N=62
F=50
P=22

I have been relying on my feelings a lot more lately, it seems.

This description actually describes me perfectly.
The Portrait of the Champion:

The Portrait of the Champion (ENFP)

The Champion Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in accomplishing their aims, and informative and expressive when relating with others. For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil. This type is found in only about 3 percent of the general population, but they have great influence because of their extraordinary impact on others. Champions are inclined to go everywhere and look into everything that has to do with the advance of good and the retreat of evil in the world. They can't bear to miss out on what is going on around them; they must experience, first hand, all the significant social events that affect our lives. And then they are eager to relate the stories they've uncovered, hoping to disclose the "truth" of people and issues, and to advocate causes. This strong drive to unveil current events can make them tireless in conversing with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out.

Champions consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life, although they can never quite shake the feeling that a part of themselves is split off, uninvolved in the experience. Thus, while they strive for emotional congruency, they often see themselves in some danger of losing touch with their real feelings, which Champions possess in a wide range and variety. In the same vein, Champions strive toward a kind of spontaneous personal authenticity, and this intention always to "be themselves" is usually communicated nonverbally to others, who find it quite attractive. All too often, however, Champions fall short in their efforts to be authentic, and they tend to heap coals of fire on themselves, berating themselves for the slightest self-conscious role-playing.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions

My RAI=76% and I am an "inspired adventurer" which means I share my risk personality type with *gulp* Hitler. :smallfrown:

Anyway, I think my previous type, INTJ, is still in there. I think I might have a "fight club" type of relationship with him. He takes over when the softy ENFP can't cope. I dunno. I think I'm really both...

EDIT: And I think it's really intriguing that I not only changed type, but also category.

rubakhin
2008-04-14, 11:56 PM
Huh, I'm an INFP too. With quite a low feeling score, usually I test as INTP.

I'm a lot more cantankerous and fatalistic than you'd expect from your average INFP, but I think it fits me in general.

Brickwall
2008-04-14, 11:59 PM
I'm INTP. I don't need to take any more tests to tell me that.

Ceska
2008-04-15, 01:50 AM
Introversion seems a lot lower than last time I took the test (it was 90 something, I think, and came out 100 the two times before that).

INTP, have always been, but that aspect changed for me as well. The last time it was 87, times before that 100, now it's at 78.
78-75-62-22. Very consistent at that, the percentages are almost the same as last time.

Hell Puppi
2008-04-15, 02:04 AM
ENFJ, the teacher. woo hoo! I has charisma. :smallbiggrin:

Charity
2008-04-15, 03:10 AM
ENTP as ever, c'mon Thes it's time to recruit minions again.

Freshmeat
2008-04-15, 03:10 AM
Introverted - 89
Intuitive - 62
Thinking - 100
Judging - 11

very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed judging personality

The Portait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.
Seems to fit. Quite accurately so, actually.

Da Beast
2008-04-15, 04:54 AM
I: 78
N: 75
T: 62
P: 44

Just like every other time of taken it.

Jungian Typology is an OBSESSION of mine

I kind of have the same problem. When ever I stumble across a topic about the Myers-Briggs it dominates my thoughts for the next week or so. Wikipedia says that INTPs are drawn to theoretical constructs, such as the Myers-Briggs.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-15, 05:16 AM
How on earth are you getting those high results? I'm only getting like
I 33
N 38
T 38
J 22
I'm INTJ person, apparently.

AdrianoIank
2008-04-15, 05:21 AM
INTJ. Again.
I - 100 (very expressed introvert)
N - 22 (slightly expressed intuitive personality)
T - 100 (very expressed thinking personality)
J - 100 (very expressed judging personality)

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-15, 06:02 AM
How on earth are you getting those high results? I'm only getting like
I 33
N 38
T 38
J 22
I'm INTJ person, apparently.

I wondered that, too...

*hugs for neutralish people*

BlackMage2549
2008-04-15, 06:02 AM
I'm INTP. And Mr. Average, it seems.

I=33%
N=38%
T=25%
P=33%

Moderately expressed introvert.
Moderately expressed intuitive personality.
Moderately expressed thinking personality.
Moderately expressed perceiving personality.

Straight down the middle! The worst part? I didn't try for that!

Quincunx
2008-04-15, 07:08 AM
Thank you. I've been watching for a link to one of these for a few weeks now, and this test had a goodly number of questions.

INTP (a reformed INTJ--nothing like love to make you consider that someone else's viewpoint might possibly be wrong and valid)

Introverted 100
Intuitive 62
Thinking 75
Perceiving 22

TRM
2008-04-15, 07:33 AM
I 11
N 25
T 19
J 44
I guess that makes me a JNTI?

I don't even think I've heard of myers-briggs before. I'll have to go read up on it (hah! My T at work again <_<)

Castaras
2008-04-15, 07:41 AM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 89
Intuitive 12
Thinking 38
Judging 1

---

Interesting. Wow, I don't judge people much. Heh.

Fleeing Coward
2008-04-15, 07:52 AM
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted 78
Intuitive 38
Thinking 25
Judging 44

I don't trust these tests, I never judge anyone...much :smalltongue:

Trog
2008-04-15, 08:16 AM
INTJ every time. :smallcool:

Danzaver
2008-04-15, 08:20 AM
I'm kind of dubious that these things can be done properly with just an internet test and 5 minutes of your time...

I have taken a Myers-Briggs test from a professional psychologist and it took a lot longer and was a lot more expansive than this one appears to be. The results also included more than your letters and percentages. It actually took them a week to get back to me and then had a massive big write-up on your strengths and weaknesses and stuff. It also costs a lot of money (or would have if I wasn't doing it as a government-funded program).

But anyway, I recall I was an INTP, and am perfectly satisfied with that result.

I notice that there are a lot of introverts on this forum - hardly surprising, considering.

Telonius
2008-04-15, 08:30 AM
Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted - 11
Intuitive - 75
Feeling - 50
Judging - 11

Apparently I'm a Counselor.

You are:
slightly expressed introvert

The Portait of the Counselor (INFJ)

The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and enterprising and attentive in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

So, I got the same type as Jung. Site says I ought to be a writer. Good thing, cause that's what I'm trying to be. :smallbiggrin:

SoD
2008-04-15, 08:43 AM
Heh, I'm an ESFP 67 12 25 33

Same as Elvis, uh-huh-huh.

And Steve Irwin, and Saint Mark.

And I should go into performing, good. That's my plan.

TheGreatJabu
2008-04-15, 09:45 AM
Interesting. Wow, I don't judge people much. Heh.

Don't take that Judging score to literally mean that you "judge" people. That's a common misconception (and somewhat a misnomer). The Judging/Perceiving axis has little to do with how you look at others and more to do with how you look at your own environment.

Judging people tend to be more organized, schedule-oriented, and prefer clear planning and execution. They feel more comfortable when they can impose order on their system (their environment), and are more likely to keep things clean and tidy.

Perceiving people tend to prefer improvising; making plans, then changing them on a whim. They're more likely to keep important tasks "in their head" instead of written down, because things in their heads are more easily altered and manipulated in case a change arises. They aren't necessarily the neatest people, but they prefer their mess because THEY know how to navigate it. It's when people come in and try to "straighten things up" for them that they get lost.

To (Warning: carefully pay attention to the following word) overgeneralize to match the D&D theme of our boards, the J/P axis can be considered vaguely related to the Lawful/Chaotic axis. "Vaguely related", not indicative I say! For entertainment purposes only! :smallredface:

Quincunx
2008-04-15, 10:09 AM
"Pile" is a perfectly valid filing method!

Drascin
2008-04-15, 10:46 AM
A bit lazy to do it right now again, but every other time I've taken this I've come as a heavily INFP person. The description does fit me pretty well in a lot of aspects, if you filter out all the nice-speak :smallbiggrin:

Dragonrider
2008-04-15, 10:57 AM
Don't take that Judging score to literally mean that you "judge" people. That's a common misconception (and somewhat a misnomer). The Judging/Perceiving axis has little to do with how you look at others and more to do with how you look at your own environment.

*snip'd*

I thought about saying that but my thoughts weren't as coherent as yours. Thanks! :smalltongue:

Timmit
2008-04-15, 11:02 AM
INTJ, the same as every time I take this. Judging was a little higher than usual, though...
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
56 62 38 89

You are:
moderately expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality

Terraoblivion
2008-04-15, 11:39 AM
Seems like INTJ is the most common group around followed by INTP and in third spot, it seems, INFP. Lots of us softies around here for a supposed 1% of the entire population. And to be honest it is kinda impractical to be as interested in harmony with others as the typical INFP is, i have had lots of trouble with it in the past at least.

The Rose Dragon
2008-04-15, 11:52 AM
I am one of the four S people here. ISTJ, if I recall correctly.

What does sensing have to do as opposed to intuitive?

Terraoblivion
2008-04-15, 11:58 AM
It is the concrete counterpart to the abstract of intuitive. It is not really clear from the choice of words, but that is what they are referring to with it. The pairs pretty much boils down to introverted/extroverted, concrete/abstract, rational/emotional and organized/messy. A lot simpler than they make it seem.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-15, 12:10 PM
ISFJ

distinctively expressed sensing personality

Lyesmith
2008-04-15, 12:23 PM
INFJ

Introverted 56
Intuitive 25
Feeling 12
Judging 11

The Portait of the Counselor (INFJ)

The Counselor Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in reaching their goals, and enterprising and attentive in their interpersonal roles. Counselors focus on human potentials, think in terms of ethical values, and come easily to decisions. The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions. Although Counsleors tend to be private, sensitive people, and are not generally visible leaders, they nevertheless work quite intensely with those close to them, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes with their families, friends, and colleagues. This type has great depth of personality; they are themselves complicated, and can understand and deal with complex issues and people.

Counselors can be hard to get to know. They have an unusually rich inner life, but they are reserved and tend not to share their reactions except with those they trust. With their loved ones, certainly, Counselors are not reluctant to express their feelings, their face lighting up with the positive emotions, but darkening like a thunderhead with the negative. Indeed, because of their strong ability to take into themselves the feelings of others, Counselors can be hurt rather easily by those around them, which, perhaps, is one reason why they tend to be private people, mutely withdrawing from human contact. At the same time, friends who have known a Counselor for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that they are inconsistent; Counselors value their integrity a great deal, but they have intricately woven, mysterious personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly. Furthermore, the Counselor is most likely of all the types to demonstrate an ability to understand psychic phenomena and to have visions of human events, past, present, or future. What is known as ESP may well be exceptional intuitive ability-in both its forms, projection and introjection. Such supernormal intuition is found frequently in the Counselor, and can extend to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come, as well as uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance.

Seems pretty accurate, really. Bravo, internet!

Krrth
2008-04-15, 12:39 PM
Introverted 100%
Intuitive 38%
Thinking 1%
Judging 33%

You are:
very expressed introvert

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

fendrin
2008-04-15, 12:45 PM
INFP

I have become less introverted, and less thinking (I used to be a 50/50 split on F/T)

Interestingly, this echoes a career change I have been pursuing... so which came first, the chicken or the egg?

TheGreatJabu
2008-04-15, 02:52 PM
"Pile" is a perfectly valid filing method!

You're a good "P", Quincunx! :smallbiggrin:

I thought about saying that but my thoughts weren't as coherent as yours. Thanks! :smalltongue:

No problem - it's a team effort! There's no "I" in team! [size=1]But...there IS an "I" in MBTI - what a twist![size]

It is the concrete counterpart to the abstract of intuitive. It is not really clear from the choice of words, but that is what they are referring to with it. The pairs pretty much boils down to introverted/extroverted, concrete/abstract, rational/emotional and organized/messy. A lot simpler than they make it seem.

I agree with TO's breakdown, but a few of your words carry a little emotional baggage that people might react against. I'd probably say "logical/empathic" and "organized/spontaneous", just to keep anyone from feeling like their score is a "bad one".

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-15, 03:07 PM
INTP

Introverted - 78
ntuitive - 62
Thinking - 50
Perceiving - 67

Woooo. Architect!

RandomLogic
2008-04-15, 03:09 PM
INTJ -- 22-31-44-44 -- Mastermind

We took this in some psych class I had as an elective, got the same results. Gotta love consistency.

Hoggy
2008-04-15, 03:26 PM
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extraverted 11
Intuitive 12
Thinking 62
Judging 11

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* slightly expressed judging personality

I never trust these things though, as I tend to fill them out in very different ways depending on what mood I'm in.

Dragonrider
2008-04-15, 03:43 PM
Really? I've taken this test probably a dozen times and I get the same answer every time. :smalltongue:

Drascin
2008-04-15, 03:55 PM
Seems like INTJ is the most common group around followed by INTP and in third spot, it seems, INFP. Lots of us softies around here for a supposed 1% of the entire population. And to be honest it is kinda impractical to be as interested in harmony with others as the typical INFP is, i have had lots of trouble with it in the past at least.

Of course it's pretty hard, but would it be so satisfying when we do manage to actually put people at peace if it was easy? :smallwink:

'sides, when you're as empathic as I am (and I assume many INFPs suffer from a lot of the same problem), it's not like you have any choice, if the pain of others hurts you almost as much as them, you can hardly remain static, ne? :smallamused:

Ellimistd
2008-04-15, 04:46 PM
Your Type is
INTJ

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
hmm... makes sense, i guess

TheGreatJabu
2008-04-15, 05:12 PM
I never trust these things though, as I tend to fill them out in very different ways depending on what mood I'm in.

That's one of the main criticisms of the MBTI - it's so sensitive to your current state that it can change significantly given the right circumstances. Heck, once you understand the four axes that the test measures (the plural of axis, not a quartet of hatchets) well enough, you can essentially PICK what you want your results to be. If you don't have much personal insight, or if you're not entirely honest with yourself, your results won't necessarily reflect on you accurately.

Testing "the Big Five Personality Traits" are generally more reliable. Whether or not they're more valid depends on who you ask.

Flickerdart
2008-04-15, 05:14 PM
ISTJ, INTJ last time I took the test. Both the N and S are 1 point each, meaning I'm not very strong either way...

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

33 1 12 1

# moderately expressed introvert
# slightly expressed sensing personality
# slightly expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed judging personality

...sigh...True Neutral haunts me.

Pyro
2008-04-15, 05:14 PM
67 introverted
38 intuitive
50 thinking
56 judging

INTJ again. I'm not surprised since it fits me exactly.
Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

Interestingly that bit of INTP also describes me.

Shas aia Toriia
2008-04-15, 05:45 PM
I'm an INTJ

Introverted -11
Intuitive - 25
Thinking - 1
Judging - 22

Description for the Mastermind:
Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-15, 05:53 PM
Well if anybody should feel they had lost from the way i phrased my breakdown it would be me as i have both of the negatively loaded words, Jabu. In any case i was just trying to give the most basic breakdown with the words that immediately came to mind.

And the way other people's pain forces itself on me is quite unpleasant, Drascin. Crying at documentaries in history class in high school gave me some rather odd glances from other students.

skywalker
2008-04-15, 06:32 PM
And the way other people's pain forces itself on me is quite unpleasant, Drascin. Crying at documentaries in history class in high school gave me some rather odd glances from other students.

This might be hard to imagine(I notice your LBGTitp banner) but try to imagine being male and having this happen.

But I finally started finding other emo people in college!

sktarq
2008-04-15, 06:33 PM
Well I always take these things with a huge pillar of salt because my response to almost all those questions is "depends". Plus seeing how people seem not to answer such questionaires in the manner in which they act but with how the THINK they act may as well pour on a bucket of salt rip out the guts, drain the brain through the nose and stick the linen wrapped remains in a pointy building. Plus this particular test I have had so many different results over the years (I've taken it dozens of times) that I no longer really put much stock in the results though they have had some overall tendencies. But then here are the results for this time around with my tendencies on a 1-100 scale each way

Introvert 11 - My normal range is from 20 Introvert to 10 Extrovert
Intuitive 75 - Normal range is from 20-80 Intuitive
Feeling 12 - Normal Range is 15 Feeling to 25 Thinking
Judge 33 - This one is almost Random but is normally under 50 each way

skywalker
2008-04-15, 06:37 PM
*snip*
but with how the THINK they act may as well pour on a bucket of salt rip out the guts, drain the brain through the nose and stick the linen wrapped remains in a pointy building. *snip*

Say what?

I don't know how to make white text so I'm just typing this sentence out normally, in black.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-15, 06:41 PM
Well if anybody should feel they had lost from the way i phrased my breakdown it would be me as i have both of the negatively loaded words, Jabu. In any case i was just trying to give the most basic breakdown with the words that immediately came to mind.

...it's very unpleasant. Almost makes me glad I can't cry, so people aren't asking me why I'm weeping all the time.

But at the same time, I like how connected it feels. Curse it!

sktarq
2008-04-15, 06:44 PM
Say what?

Use enough salt to turn it into an egyptian style mummy. Thus using my strong abstract/intuitive lean (hell it's the only one that doesn't cross over) to metaphorically compare the relationship between a mummy and a regular person as equivilant to the results of this test and the truth. :smallamused:

The reason for this seperation in part being that people put down how they think they act on these test which empirical observation has proved to have a poor collalation to what really happens. :smallbiggrin:

Oh and to make text white, Highlight it then click on the "A" with the little down arrow and black bar under it. It's all one button next to the "Size" option in the toolbar above your post text. Select White in the lower right corner. and Presto!

Terraoblivion
2008-04-15, 07:20 PM
I can't cry easily any longer either, Ikari. Haven't been easily able to since 7th'ish grade. It doesn't alter the pain of hearing about the pain of others, though. Just makes it harder to express.

Despite this i am by no means emo, i tend towards being fairly lighthearted in public and most of the time in private as well. I guess i might have qualified for the emo teen trope back when i was that age, though i did arguably have good reasons for being depressed.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-04-15, 07:20 PM
I'm an INTP:
I: 44
N: 38
T: 50
P: 28

This makes a lot of sense, given my school grades and hobbies. My filing system is a FIFO stack. Well, actually it's more like, "first in, never out"! Meh. I never trust psychology, it doesn't seem empirical to me.

skywalker
2008-04-15, 08:20 PM
Use enough salt to turn it into an egyptian style mummy. Thus using my strong abstract/intuitive lean (hell it's the only one that doesn't cross over) to metaphorically compare the relationship between a mummy and a regular person as equivilant to the results of this test and the truth. :smallamused:

The reason for this seperation in part being that people put down how they think they act on these test which empirical observation has proved to have a poor collalation to what really happens. :smallbiggrin:

Oh and to make text white, Highlight it then click on the "A" with the little down arrow and black bar under it. It's all one button next to the "Size" option in the toolbar above your post text. Select White in the lower right corner. and Presto!

I see, yes, I never knew they used salt as part of the mummification process *forehead smack.*

Thanks for the white text tip.

Terra, I was not referring to what is generally meant by "emo." When I said emo, I meant actual emo-ness, which is perfectly okay with being happy when you're happy, but also perfectly okay with being sad when you're sad.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-15, 08:44 PM
Isn't that just expressing your emotions, Skywalker? As far as i have ever heard it used emo refers to a specific subculture stereotyped as being overly focused on negative emotions, often in a passive, unproductive way. But i see what you mean, just never heard the term used that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Zarrexaij
2008-04-15, 08:45 PM
Like usual, I'm an INTJ. Everytime I've taken a test like this, I've gotten the same type, but the percentages have changed. Not just this test either. I've taken several of these things.

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Introverted 89
Intuitive 88
Thinking 62
Judging 89

I'm like, the poster child for INTJ.

SDF
2008-04-15, 08:55 PM
Isn't that just expressing your emotions, Skywalker? As far as i have ever heard it used emo refers to a specific subculture stereotyped as being overly focused on negative emotions, often in a passive, unproductive way. But i see what you mean, just never heard the term used that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Actual emo is really a part and offshoot of the hardcore punk scene. Most misinterpretations of the subculture can be blamed on Viacom. I would describe most kids who dress in that stereotypical fashion as "scene", or at least it holds true in the pacific northwest music scene and the DC music scene.

I've also taken one of those right brain/left brain tests and scored exactly in the middle.

skywalker
2008-04-15, 09:34 PM
Actual emo is really a part and offshoot of the hardcore punk scene. Most misinterpretations of the subculture can be blamed on Viacom. I would describe most kids who dress in that stereotypical fashion as "scene", or at least it holds true in the pacific northwest music scene and the DC music scene.

I've also taken one of those right brain/left brain tests and scored exactly in the middle.

Indeed. My point, in better words.
For instance, Fall Out Boy, although well noted as emo, is, in fact, scene. I consider the difference in emo and scene to be the difference between earnest-ness and sarcasm. This is obviously not completely true and doesn't completely hold up, but is a good general guideline.

Ettlesby
2008-04-15, 09:41 PM
According to the test, I'm ISTP -

I - 89
S - 50
T - 62
P - 44

This is what one of those websites it links to says...
The Portait of the Crafter (ISTP)

The Crafter Artisans are not only concrete in speech and utilitarian in getting things done, they are also directive and attentive in their social roles. Though directive like their Promoter counterparts, their directiveness is leavened by a good deal of attentiveness and seclusiveness. They do not approach strangers readily, but once in contact do not hesitate to tell them what to do. And they can be quite forceful in this, such that others tend to do their bidding.

Like the other Artisans, Crafters live a life of artful action, but their particular nature is most easily seen in their mastery of tools of any and all kinds, from microscopic drill to supersonic jet, from potter's wheel to grand piano, from a camera to a clarinet. Sometimes Crafters will use their body as a tool. A tool is any implement that extends or varies our human powers -- vehicles, musical instruments, cutting devices, and weapons are just four of the many categories of the tools that surround us. Most of us use tools in some capacity, of course, but Crafters (only ten per cent of the general population) are the true virtuosos of tool work, with a natural ability to command tools, to bend them to their wishes, and to become adept at all the crafts requiring tool skills. Even from an early age Crafters are drawn to tools as to a magnet; tools fall into their hands demanding use, and they must manipulate them. Indeed, if a given tool, whether scalpel or earthmover, is operated with a precision that defies belief, that operator is likely an Crafter.

Bruce Lee, Michael Jordan, Woody Allen, Alan Shepard, Chuck Yaeger, Michael Douglas, Lance Armstrong, and Kathrine Hephurn are examples of Crafter Artisans.

Sneak
2008-04-15, 09:48 PM
Apparently I'm ENFJ (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=teacher).

I usually get a different result every time I take one of these, though. I guess I'm just moody. :P

Pyrian
2008-04-15, 10:53 PM
I usually get a different result every time I take one of these, though. I guess I'm just moody. :PMe, too, but I don't think it's moodiness. I've been everything but extroverted, and I'm not too far away from that. I'm very close to neutral in all categories, so small changes in the test or mood might push the questions I have trouble answering (which is most of them, since none of the options really describe me) one way or the other.

Nychta
2008-04-16, 02:27 AM
I remember doing a quick one, and mine turned out to be INTJ and later ENTJ.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-04-16, 03:53 AM
I'm ENFP.

Even though I'm a big fan of the MBTI, recently I'm starting to lean Five-Factor Model (Big 5) as a more reliable (although less comprehensive) model of human behaviour... MBTI is on the dot accurate but only if the person in question doesn't use personality masks when taking the test and answers questions based on how they really act in an archetypical situation and not based on how they want themselves to appear.

Lemur
2008-04-17, 05:29 PM
Here's the results through page 3. Although it can't be considered a proper sample of the playground, I find that this sort of test is the most interesting when you look at it as a whole. For describing individuals, it's only, as I believe Brickwall said, "better than a horoscope," but when taken as a group, there are some things I find hard to be mere coincidence.

ENFP - 3 (5.17%)
INFP - 6 (10.34%)
ENFJ - 1 (1.72%)
INFJ - 5 (8.62%)
ESTJ - 0 (0.00%)
ISTJ - 3 (5.17%)
ESFJ - 0 (0.00%)
ISFJ - 2 (3.45%)
ENTP - 1 (1.72%)
INTP - 14 (24.14%)
ENTJ - 2 (3.45%)
INTJ - 19 (32.76%)
ESTP - 0 (0.00%)
ISTP - 1 (1.72%)
ESFP - 1 (1.72%)
ISFP - 0 (0.00%)

Extrovert: 8 (13.79%)
Introvert: 50 (86.21%)

Intuitive: 51 (87.93%)
Sensing: 7 (12.07%)

Thinking: 40 (68.97%)
Feeling: 18 (31.03%)

Judging: 32 (55.17%)
Perceiving: 26 (44.83%)

Guardian (SJ): 5 (8.62%)
Rational (NT): 36 (62.07%)
Artisan (SP): 2 (3.45%)
Idealist (NF): 15 (25.86%)

The Keirsey site indicates that only 17% at most of the population is Intuitive, yet 88% of the 58 responses come up as Intuitive. In particular, the NTs make up more than half of the replies, yet there should only be 5-7% in the world population. To me, this suggests there's either something about roleplaying or comics that somehow attracts Intuitive personalities (roleplaying is makes heavy use of abstract concepts and imagination, after all), and makes me wish there were some studies out there that tested this hypothesis.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-04-17, 06:45 PM
Here's the results through page 3. Although it can't be considered a proper sample of the playground, I find that this sort of test is the most interesting when you look at it as a whole. For describing individuals, it's only, as I believe Brickwall said, "better than a horoscope," but when taken as a group, there are some things I find hard to be mere coincidence.
Actually for an individual its EXTREMELY accurate and dead on. However it's very unreliable, so it's hard to determine a person's correct type, since even 1 letter difference usually means a completely different personality.

The Keirsey site indicates that only 17% at most of the population is Intuitive, yet 88% of the 58 responses come up as Intuitive. In particular, the NTs make up more than half of the replies, yet there should only be 5-7% in the world population. To me, this suggests there's either something about roleplaying or comics that somehow attracts Intuitive personalities (roleplaying is makes heavy use of abstract concepts and imagination, after all), and makes me wish there were some studies out there that tested this hypothesis.
1. Don't take anything Keirsey says seriously, his research is anecdotal at best, his only serious contribution is that he popularized the MBTI and psychometrics in general. He didn't even properly understand the theory (such as he used temperaments of SJ and SP instead of SF and ST, showing lack of knowledge on them).
2. Intuitive people are much more likely to roleplay and the like, as you correctly put it. Sensing people prefer types of entertainment that's much more hedonistic in nature and make more use of your physical body, like parties for SF's and sports for ST's.
3. The table on Wikipedia under MBTI that shows frequency of each type is more accurate than Keirsey.
I don't know how to do links to a certain portion of the webpage, so go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbti and scroll about half-way down.

Myshlaevsky
2008-04-17, 06:55 PM
I did this a few days ago, unrelated to this thread (Wanted to see what Golden Dawn card I was).

E - 17
iN - 100
T - 26
J -1

Which is Air of Air, or Prince of Swords, if anyone's interested. Really surprised at the intuitive score.

Recaiden
2008-04-17, 07:13 PM
I got INTJ
slightly expressed introvert - 11
moderately expressed intuitive personality - 25
slightly expressed thinking personality - 12
slightly expressed judging personality - 1

Inspired 45%
Adventurer 32%

Low scores...

Flickerdart
2008-04-17, 08:27 PM
Actually for an individual its EXTREMELY accurate and dead on. However it's very unreliable, so it's hard to determine a person's correct type, since even 1 letter difference usually means a completely different personality.

Haha, that comes out strong with me, who has but one point in the second letter, moderate introvertedness and slight everything else. True Neutral is probably the hardest alignment to classify...

Em Blackleaf
2008-04-17, 09:23 PM
I got ENFP

E- 67
N- 62
F- 50
P- 11

Yup. I'd think I'd be the "thinking" type, but maybe I "feel" like I think... :smalltongue:

Apparently, Mark Twain, Steven Spielberg, Betty Friedan, and Judy Garland would get ENFP too.

Mr. Moon
2008-04-17, 10:19 PM
Introverted 89 - very expressed introvert
Sensing 1 - slightly expressed sensing personality
Feeling 62 - distinctively expressed feeling personality
Perceiving 44 - moderately expressed perceiving personality

I'm a Composer, or as I like to call it, Creator. Not to surprising, really.

Nohwl
2008-04-17, 11:48 PM
INTJ

Introverted..100
Intuitive........38
Thinking........88
Judging.........67

very expressed introvert
distinctively expressed judging personality

Zarrexaij
2008-04-18, 09:28 PM
...wow, there's always lots of INTJ people on the forums I'm on. Aren't INTJ people supposed to be one of the rarest, comprising 1% of the population?

Well, I guess the Internet is the place for brainy introverted peeps. :smallamused:

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-05-05, 03:27 PM
Here's mine:

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
100 12 12 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed feeling personality

I don't know how accurate these things are. I usually don't think about my behavior about things like this.

Narmoth
2008-05-05, 03:42 PM
Now this is a test by a company that mostly try to sell testing on the net, so I don't put much into the result, but this is what I got:

Extraverted 33%
Intuitive 62%
Feeling 12%
Perceiving 11%

which they put as:
# moderately expressed extravert
# distinctively expressed intuitive personality
# slightly expressed feeling personality
# slightly expressed perceiving personality

Jibar
2008-05-06, 10:31 AM
ISFP

Introverted: 44
Sensing: 1
Feeling: 38
Percieving: 11

You are:
slightly expressed sensing personality

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

More in touch with the reality of their senses than their INFP counterparts, ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run. (One ISFP friend has become nonambulatory within the past few years. He will still, on impulse, leave home in the middle of the night and go to Las Vegas or wherever, regardless of the difficulties of his physical condition.)

ISFPs may be quite charming and ingratiating on first acquaintance, flowing with compliments which may (or may not) be deserved. On other occasions, the same individual may be aloof and detached. Some ISFP males are fiercely competitive, especially in sport or table games, and may have great difficulty losing. This competitive nature, also seen in other SP types, sometimes fosters 'lucky,' 'gut' feelings and a willingness to take risks.

Organized education is difficult for the majority of ISFPs, and many drop out before finishing secondary education. Their interest can be held better through experiential learning, at which many excel. ISFPs will practice playing an instrument or honing a favored skill for hours on end, not so much as practice as for the joy of the experience.

Differential diagnosis:
ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them.

ISFJs are driven by the conventional, by 'should's and 'ought's; ISFPs internalize their Feeling (by nature a judging function) which bursts out spontaneously and leaves as quickly and mysteriously as it came.

Because of these variant expressions of Feeling judgement, ISFPs are sometimes confused with ESFJs, but keep themselves more aloof, more often concealing the feelings that ESFJs are so apt to expose.

ESFPs express thoughts more readily (and, in the main, skillfully). ISFPs can and do perform admirably in the spotlight, but generally have little to say about the performance. For example, few ISFPs would be disc-jockeys, a field strongly represented by ES_Ps.

Functional Analysis:

Introverted Feeling
Feeling, unbridled by the external forces of society and substance, is the dominant function. ISFPs spontaneously develop their own codes and credos, about which they are quite sober and intense. ISFPs are questors, driven to find the pure and ideal, as personally and individually defined. Feeling may temporarily turn outward, but cannot be long sustained beyond its cloistered home.

If the individual has values greater than herself, feeling may express itself in valiant acts of selflessness. Turned in upon self, however, it becomes an unscrupulous, capricious enigma, capable even of heinous acts of deception and treachery.

Extraverted Sensing
ISFPs keep a finger on the pulse of here and now. They are more adept at doing than considering, at acting than reflecting, at tasting than wondering. As do most SPs, ISFPs keenly sense color, sound, texture, and movement. It is not unusual for ISFPs to excel in sensory, motor, or kinesthetic abilities.

ISFPs cherish their impulses. Some of the most beautiful, graceful, and artistic performances are the result of this drive for physical, sensate expression.

Introverted iNtuition
Tertiary intuition works best in the background of the ISFP's inner world. Perhaps this is the source of the "gut feeling" SPs consult in matters of chance. However "lucky" the ISFP may be, intuition as a means of communication is a poor servant, evidenced in spoonerisms, and non sequiturs and mixed metaphors.

Extraverted Thinking
The ISFP may employ Extraverted Thinking in external situations requiring closure. As is the case with inferior functions, such Thinking behaves in an all or nothing manner. Thus, as with other FP types, the ISFP's Extraverted Thinking is at risk for a lack of context and proportion. In most cases, persons of this type enjoy greater facility operating in the open-ended style of sensing, implying the opinions of feeling values in the indirect fashion characteristic of introverted functions.

I always love taking this test and looking at the descriptions, as many of them describe me perfectly.

Fri
2008-05-06, 11:58 AM
As usual, I am (or at least the 'ideal me' is) IN(T)P aka the Architect. The scores today are:

Introverted 89
Intuitive 38
Thinking 1
Perceiving 78

Pretty close to my previous test, maybe.

It's actually Funny. I know I'm that sort of people since high school but I'm kinda bad at higher math, I'm trying to pass myself as an artist/designer, and my dream job is to be a writer. Huh.

PhantomFox
2008-05-06, 12:52 PM
I: 22
N: 50
T: 1
P: 22

I think I answered differently than normal, because I would have sworn I had a higher thinking stat.

Heh, this reminds me of an old children's book I read a while back. It was called The Treasure Tree, and used animal to represent the Meyers-Briggs personality types. Lion for leader, Beaver for worker, Golden Retriever for people person, and otter for fun-lover. Since I understand and love animals a lot, I usually think in terms of these traits. If I say I need to be an otter for a bit, that just means I feel like goofing off and having fun, and have a good time.

Ranna
2008-05-06, 04:49 PM
Heh, I'm an ESFP 67 12 25 33

Same as Elvis, uh-huh-huh.

And Steve Irwin, and Saint Mark.

And I should go into performing, good. That's my plan.

Yay we match I'm
ESFP

Extraverted 22
Sensing 25
Feeling 75
Perceiving 11

moderately expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

Yep im a Feeler what a surprise. Though I didn't think i'd be an extravert nor a perceiver, I couldn't percieve someones emotions if they had a big sign on them, I'm rubbish! - Tho Im gonna be a teacher and aparently I lots of ESFP's go there...oooooiieess

Player_Zero
2008-05-06, 05:33 PM
Introverted 44
Sensing 12
Thinking 12
Perceiving 11

Woo! Go ISTPers, whatever the kettle they are!

Dihan
2008-05-06, 06:06 PM
I know I'm INFJ, but the service is apparently unavailable so I'll have to wait a bit until I can get the proper results.

V.Z.
2008-05-13, 02:49 AM
INFP
Introverted 78%
Intuitive 50%
Feeling 62%
Perceiving 22%

* moderately expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed feeling personality
* slightly expressed perceiving personality

Yeah, that's me alright, certainly the introverted and feeling. And especially the Keirsey description only seems to confirm it.
Healers present a calm and serene face to the world, and can seem shy, even distant around others. But inside they're anything but serene, having a capacity for personal caring rarely found in the other types. Healers care deeply about the inner life of a few special persons, or about a favorite cause in the world at large. And their great passion is to heal the conflicts that trouble individuals, or that divide groups, and thus to bring wholeness, or health, to themselves, their loved ones, and their community.

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.

Also, Healers might well feel a sense of separation because of their often misunderstood childhood. Healers live a fantasy-filled childhood-they are the prince or princess of fairy tales-an attitude which, sadly, is frowned upon, or even punished, by many parents. With parents who want them to get their head out of the clouds, Healers begin to believe they are bad to be so fanciful, so dreamy, and can come to see themselves as ugly ducklings. In truth, they are quite OK just as they are, only different from most others-swans reared in a family of ducks.

At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details. Healers are keenly aware of people and their feelings, and relate well with most others. Because of their deep-seated reserve, however, they can work quite happily alone. When making decisions, Healers follow their heart not their head, which means they can make errors of fact, but seldom of feeling. They have a natural interest in scholarly activities and demonstrate, like the other Idealists, a remarkable facility with language. They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion. Frequently they hear a call to go forth into the world and help others, a call they seem ready to answer, even if they must sacrifice their own comfort.

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow", and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.
I do believe I definitely fit the picture of Healer Idealist. I actually chose my study (Anthropology) with the goal of helping people. Very interesting. :smallsmile: