PDA

View Full Version : The King Priest of Ishtar as the GEOM

ArlEammon
2008-04-14, 08:59 PM
The King Priest of Ishtar with his clerical magic being boosted to the GEOM's level of Psyker power, with the added power of the GEOM, is the Emperor of Man in this thread.

Assume for a moment that the King Priest of Ishtar and the GEOM are the same figure. What would that mean for the WH40,000 universe?

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-14, 10:35 PM
It would mean that the GEOM was killed in a very spectacular manner by the gods of everyone else?

ArlEammon
2008-04-14, 11:45 PM
Huh.......?

AslanCross
2008-04-15, 07:22 AM
There's a short story in one of the anthologies that was set in the Chaos War. It was an alternate reality where the Kingpriest won. Reorx had his hands cut off, Zeboim was dragged behind a sailing ship 24/7, Paladine became a common beggar, and Takhisis was turned into a prostitute. All kinds of tyranny came up on Krynn, though I think the protagonist there eventually found a way to get Chaos out.

I don't really think there will be much difference between what the Kingpriest will do and what the GEOM did, honestly.

Questor
2008-04-15, 08:37 AM
There's a short story in one of the anthologies that was set in the Chaos War. It was an alternate reality where the Kingpriest won.

Anyone know which anthology? I'd rather not have to read them all, sounds like a good story tho.

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-15, 09:23 PM
Armin, the Kingpriest of Istar and his whole country were blasted by the gods for getting too high and mighty. What I meant is that if we're drawing a parallel with the GEOM then it stands to reason that the Warhammer gods could do the same thing.

AslanCross, that story nearly made me retch. For a guy claiming to be holy the kingpriest sure had a demonic way of showing it.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-04-15, 09:28 PM
Scaly you obviously don't know CRAP about the GEOM. He was singlehandedly more powerful then his son, while his son was possessed by ALL FOUR of 40k's most powerful Chaos Gods combined. He had the power to create huge freaking supernova strength psyker blasts.

ArlEammon
2008-04-15, 09:29 PM
Ah yes. See this is my point.

In this OP, the King Priest is doubled in power, with his D&D clerical magic being the other half of his power.

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-15, 09:44 PM
Asmodeus, hey I'm just telling it how I see it. I know that the GEOM is pretty much what the Kingpriest wanted to be, that he has/had people killed for so much as putting a toe out of line, and that he wants/wanted to reshape the galaxy in his image, not how powerful he is/was.

Armin, in that case the rest of the galaxy has a big problem. I could be wrong, but isn't the current GEOM in a coma? If he took a more active role role, like KP obviously did in that short story entire species would be wiped out just for existing.

ArlEammon
2008-04-15, 10:08 PM
I'm of the impression the GEOM would lay the smack down on the Milky Way if he recovered. If he became the Star Child, he could probably roshambo Slaanesh and all the others so hard that even he wouldn't like it.:smallbiggrin:

SmartAlec
2008-04-16, 02:27 AM
Folk should read GW's current Horus Heresy series of novels. Not only are they quite good, but they give a lot of background to this kind of stuff - with the 'original' Space Marines, the Primarchs and even the Emperor as main characters.

Especially Legion. That's a good one, especially where comparing the GEOM to the KP is concerned.

AslanCross
2008-04-16, 02:34 AM
Anyone know which anthology? I'd rather not have to read them all, sounds like a good story tho.

Dragons of Chaos, I think. I believe the title is There is Another Shore, you know, Upon on the Other Side by Roger E. Moore.

Mr. Scaly
2008-04-16, 08:52 PM
I'm of the impression the GEOM would lay the smack down on the Milky Way if he recovered. If he became the Star Child, he could probably roshambo Slaanesh and all the others so hard that even he wouldn't like it.:smallbiggrin:

Huh. He's really that powerful? I've got to check out some of those books...what happened to knock him flat in the first place?

puppyavenger
2008-04-17, 06:36 AM
Huh. He's really that powerful? I've got to check out some of those books...what happened to knock him flat in the first place?

He held back agaisnt the avatar of the four gods.
I personaly believe that it will take
a. the void dragon
b. a direct aparation of Tzeetch breaking the throne
or c. the Tyranid main fleet
to kill him.