PDA

View Full Version : I suckith!

perpetualnoise
2008-04-15, 01:56 AM
After reading so many posts on here, i've come to the conclusion that I plain old suck... yup, thats right... I never would have thought about 90% of the stuff that some of you guys come up with and I still don't know what 90% of it really means, but thanks for showing me how much more I need to learn and ruining my self confidence :smallwink:

Jayngfet
2008-04-15, 02:00 AM
you're just new, you'll get it eventually

Crow
2008-04-15, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't exactly call this place a representative sample of D&D players. But anyways, it is only a few people who have discovered the real uber-combos and super-builds. Everyone else just copies them, or creates spin-offs.

leperkhaun
2008-04-15, 02:08 AM
check out the character optimization boards on the wizards forums if you really want your head blown up.

Nebo_
2008-04-15, 02:14 AM
check out the character optimization boards on the wizards forums if you really want your head blown up.

Or if you want to learn.

Renegade Paladin
2008-04-15, 02:22 AM
Or if you want your DM to ban you from his games.

Maxymiuk
2008-04-15, 02:39 AM
Or if you want him to start going there for help in optimizing encounters.

Serpentine
2008-04-15, 02:42 AM
Or if you... nah, I got nothin'.

Pronounceable
2008-04-15, 09:09 AM

Don't give him ideas. He's having enough trouble as is...

Besides, we all sucketh. In different things. It's a fact of life, don't fret over it.

PnP Fan
2008-04-15, 11:47 AM
Seriously dude, if you sucketh at a game, there are definitely worse things to sucketh at.
I sucketh at finding women who aren't (anorhexic/drug abusers/alcholic/control freak/egotistical/having nervous breakdowns/suffering from anxiety attacks/etc. . . .) pick one or two at a time, and that's been my romantic life since I was 18.
But I'm a good gamer.
I'd much rather life be the other way around!!!!!
;-)

AKA_Bait
2008-04-15, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the boards!

You do not suckith. Thou is newith and verily, no one, even them that writeith most and readeth constant the boards kenns all that is contianed within. Knowist I do not, yet I post with frequency.

Keld Denar
2008-04-15, 12:22 PM
The more I know, the more I know I don't know?

Seems appropriate...

Someone famous said something very similar...Some German fellow, name started with an E....

SamTheCleric
2008-04-15, 12:23 PM
Englebert Humperdink?

No wait, he was British...

:smalltongue:

Ascension
2008-04-15, 01:40 PM
I think it was Endicott Peabody.

Or was he American? I forget sometimes.

:smalltongue:

Tokiko Mima
2008-04-15, 01:58 PM
What you have on a message board is a coalition of minds working together. Some people are good critics, some are good at coming up with ideas, some are good at crunching numbers, some are great at remembering things from every rule suppliment ever written. When all those different people start throwing ideas around, they form kind of a group mind that seems to be a genius at everything about D&D and tabletops in general.

No one single person on this board knows everything there is to know, but collectively an awfully comprehensive viewpoint is achieved. When I first joined, I thought the best D&D character you could create was a Monk/Druid combo. I was mostly correct about druid, but very wrong about monk. I didn't know how to do a proper analysis and a comparison of class abilities. I sucked, but after reading more than a few monk threads, I learned why I was wrong and it made perfect sense.

The Character Ops boards work the same way. Mostly, people have the same sorts of questions, and most of the long time posters have answered the same questions many times before. When a poster presents an genuinely new idea, it's analyzed and processed very quickly and added to the mental archive of responses. Over time it gets hard to ask a factual question that hasn't been asked and answered before.

The longer you post and read here, the more you will learn and know. :smallsmile:

ZeroNumerous
2008-04-15, 02:24 PM
Welcome to the boards!

You do not suckith. Thou is newith and verily, no one, even them that writeith most and readeth constant the boards kenns all that is contianed within. Knowist I do not, yet I post with frequency.

... Wait. What? :smallconfused:

(I am saddened that I understood that.)

AKA_Bait
2008-04-15, 02:32 PM
... Wait. What? :smallconfused:

(I am saddened that I understood that.)

I dunno, just seemed to be in the spirit of the title...